Wacky Modelling ~ In Carrara ~

Comments

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,802
    edited January 2020

thanks @mmoir yes

with catastrophic bush fires at my doorstep and limited to no internet I haven't been able to do much.. even missed out on Mysty's thread.. sorry 'bout that, but the fires are not forgiving at the moment..

but bunyip got me thinking about the Beach Boys which got me thinking about a 1930 Ford Woody... wacky stuff hey! started off with a simple grid plane

anyways I have managed to get this far with the wacky model before we have to evacuate.. so it could possibly end up being the only record of it ... will know after this weekend if we can come back home ..

hope we see you all on the flip side...

30FordWoody.png
    640 x 480 - 144K
    Post edited by Stezza on
  • DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,225

Amazing modeling, Sir!

Rosie and I were just praying for you and yours and all the people affected by this catastrophy! Be safe!

With Love from Rosie and Dart heart

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,086

I hope your home is spared!  And you stay safe, you hear?!

Dana

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,823

sending love Stezza heart

hope the wind changes and blows them back to burnt parts and the  fires extinguish 

• Bunyip02Bunyip02 Posts: 7,702

Fingers & toes crossed that the fires stay away from your nieghbourhood - stay safe !!!!

• VyusurVyusur Posts: 2,235

Be safe!

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

news is showing the fires.  said 12 million acres are burned. 

• CbirdCbird Posts: 493

Please stay safe and take care, Stezza!

• wsterdanwsterdan Posts: 2,339

Hoping for the best.

-- Walt Sterdan

• HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,924

that creek in the back yard looks handy - good luck Dave - stay safe

• To Stezza,

..and all others in Australia facing―what must be 'a living hell'―I'm devastated for you, for the wildlife and for the very real possibility of future occurrences!

My thoughts and best wishes are with you...

Selina

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,081
    FENgari said:

To Stezza,

..and all others in Australia facing―what must be 'a living hell'―I'm devastated for you, for the wildlife and for the very real possibility of future occurrences!

My thoughts and best wishes are with you...

Selina

Well said.

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

no word? broken heart

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    Mystarra said:

no word? broken heart

have you checked his profile.

he is evacuated and staying with family, has been posting photos on Facebook 

edited January 2020

I knew he was around,  never certain if you can see  that.in the profile when you click his name.

It's worse for us trying to keep in touch with Cousin Allan as we have to wait for him to text cousin John, then John emails me. Allan is in Sydney,  and OK so far, but his son has had to evacuate. 

Post edited by Chohole on

wow!

what a ride this is!

thanks for all your thoughts and concerns..

we are back home and thankfully have been spared ( someone is looking after us and our community )

fires are raging around us and we evacuated last Friday uncertain as to the outcome of this horrendous situation.

we are still enveloped with smoke and fires are still burning ... we had a bit of heavy rain today but not enough to douse anything.

unfortunately my cousin has lost her house and all belongings to this raging fire but all family is safe.. our newest grandson visited us just after xmas but then they evacuated to get back to Victoria ( 600 miles away ) just before it all went pear shaped.

to say this is very scary is an understatement and I'm sure all of you have caught glimpses of what is happening downunder... it is relentless.

but, we are safe for the moment but still in a very dangerouse predicament which is determined by the wind and what has already gone up in smoke.

I try to keep everyone up to date on Facebook as using the phone or iPad on this Daz3D site has been near impossible to log in, even today I couldn't do it.. finally back on the PC whilst internet is up and running.

this clip was the situation at my area last Saturday 

keep safe everyone and if you can please donate to the bushfires in Australia appeal  heart

wow!

what a ride this is!

thanks for all your thoughts and concerns..

we are back home and thankfully have been spared ( someone is looking after us and our community )

fires are raging around us and we evacuated last Friday uncertain as to the outcome of this horrendous situation.

we are still enveloped with smoke and fires are still burning ... we had a bit of heavy rain today but not enough to douse anything.

unfortunately my cousin has lost her house and all belongings to this raging fire but all family is safe.. our newest grandson visited us just after xmas but then they evacuated to get back to Victoria ( 600 miles away ) just before it all went pear shaped.

to say this is very scary is an understatement and I'm sure all of you have caught glimpses of what is happening downunder... it is relentless.

but, we are safe for the moment but still in a very dangerouse predicament which is determined by the wind and what has already gone up in smoke.

I try to keep everyone up to date on Facebook as using the phone or iPad on this Daz3D site has been near impossible to log in, even today I couldn't do it.. finally back on the PC whilst internet is up and running.

this clip was the situation at my area last Saturday 

keep safe everyone and if you can please donate to the bushfires in Australia appeal  heart

heart

• Stay safe Stezza!  I'm linking your news to my thread so that our folks can keep up with what's happening.   We're praying.

angel

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,225

heartheartheart

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,081

Wishing you and your family all the best.  Be well, and thanks for the update.

• UnifiedBrainUnifiedBrain Posts: 3,588
    Diomede said:

Wishing you and your family all the best.  Be well, and thanks for the update.

+ 1000 yes

• HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,924
    edited January 2020

glad things are working out Stezza.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My brother is at Bateman's bay - just  returned to his house to find it still standing...

Post edited by Headwax on

awesome.. our old neighhbour moved to Malua Bay next to Bateman's Bay and we just heard from them they are ok as well..  yes

Glad to hear you are OK.  I am hoping our relatives over there stay safe as well,  and have homes to go back to.

• It's kind of a relief to hear that for now you're 'OK' - just hope it improves!

• CbirdCbird Posts: 493

Appreciate you letting us know, Stezza. Take good care. Such a scary time.

• JamyJamy Posts: 192

dreadful time sad

FIRE.jpg
    640 x 853 - 41K
  • Bunyip02Bunyip02 Posts: 7,702

Glad you're safe Stezza & family, sorry to hear about your cousin though !

Chohole said:

Allan is in Sydney,  and OK so far, but his son has had to evacuate. 

yes @bunyip02 it is very sad for her.. my other cousin ( her sister ) will probably be under threat soon as well, they are well down the coast.

which area is his son in @chohole I can give you details of where he is if you like.. nothing worse than not knowing.. Sydney itself should be ok it's mainly all the forests that are going up. My area ( the Shaolhaven ) is around 4,660 sqKm in area, of this around 85% has burned.. wowsers!

the next hot dry spell with wind is coming up in a few days... we will be on RED alert again as the fires get whipped up into another frenzy.

today, I'll do some more woody modeling to keep my mind off it all.. 

This discussion has been closed.