Wacky Modelling ~ In Carrara ~

Comments

• there are a few steps missing in that workflow render devil

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,795

yeah.. but you get the drift... lots of pulling and tugging of polys I can tell you...

Wendy, I think you may like the next model I started after this one wink

it's the 60th Anniversary of Mr Squiggle here in Ozland.... I know.. you never heard of him..... 

so what better way to celebrate other than buying the coin set is to model in Carrara, Bill the Steam Shovel !

• HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,922

thanks @Diomede_Carrara

I wanted to have a go at another vehicle and decide to attempt a London Taxi by starting off with just a cube..

ended up with this Wacky Taxi cool

just amazing Stezza!

it's the 60th Anniversary of Mr Squiggle here in Ozland.... I know.. you never heard of him..... 

so what better way to celebrate other than buying the coin set is to model in Carrara, Bill the Steam Shovel !

shouldnt that be upside down :)

• Bunyip02Bunyip02 Posts: 7,656

thanks @Diomede_Carrara

I wanted to have a go at another vehicle and decide to attempt a London Taxi by starting off with just a cube..

ended up with this Wacky Taxi cool

just amazing Stezza!

+1 yes

10 years older than Sesame Street - excellent work as always !!!

edited February 2019

thanks.... yes  did some more wacky modelling last evening.... 

blackboard & the rocket smiley

I'm gonna cheat with Mr Squiggle though... going to use blank boi for the body figure...

Blackboard.png
    900 x 675 - 243K
    Squiggle Rocket.png
    900 x 675 - 208K
    Post edited by Stezza on
    edited February 2019

finishing up for now on the Wacky Mr Squiggle & friends...

modelled Gus the Snail and Mr Squiggle's head, pencil, boots and top to go the blank boi

Mr Squiggle and Gus the Snail.png
    900 x 675 - 283K
    Post edited by Stezza on

finishing up for now on the Wacky Mr Squiggle & friends...

modelled Gus the Snail and Mr Squiggle's head, pencil, boots and top to go the blank boi

Excellent !!!

Was watching a program where they were talking about some of the adult humour that snuck into some of the episodes.

edited February 2019

thanks, yep, happened often.. I think the main offender was Agro .. laugh

I think I'll try a new Mr Squiggle though...

Isobars.png
    800 x 600 - 316K
    Post edited by Stezza on
    edited February 2019

very nice Stezza, bringing back memories

Post edited by Headwax on
    edited February 2019

this wacky model I did was of my first illegal CB Radio back in the 70's

when I was a teenager.. yep.. we were real Bandits back then as CB Radio was illegal in Oz.... but boy we had fun dodging the RIs and setting up stations in the bush so we could talk to the world... I also added a model of one of my QSL cards yes heart

This model is very much like my Super Panther sideband radio with illegal channels modded into it ontop of the rig being illegal as well... 

and I started this of with just a cube as well... 

CB Radio wireframe.png
    900 x 387 - 289K
    CB Radio View2.png
    900 x 387 - 316K
    CB Radio.png
    900 x 387 - 355K
    Post edited by Stezza on

superb. nice job on the texturing - when do you become a pa?

• Steve KSteve K Posts: 3,189

... CB Radio was illegal in Oz.... but boy we had fun dodging the RIs and setting up stations in the bush so we could talk to the world... 

Reminds me of the movie "Pirate Radio" ("The Boat That Rocked" in the UK) (7.4 at IMDB, 3 stars out of four from Ebert).  "Set in 1966, it tells the story of the fictional pirate radio station 'Radio Rock' and its crew of eclectic disc jockeys, who broadcast rock and pop music to the United Kingdom from a ship anchored in the North Sea while the British government endeavors to shut them down."  Soundtrack (not entirely historically accurate) :  The Kinks, Them/Van Morrison, The Hollies, Donovan, The Rolling Stones, The Supremes, The Yardbirds, Otis Redding, Smokey Robinson & The Miracles, The Isley Bros., The Beach Boys, Jimi Hendrix, The Who, Procol Harum, The Moody Blues ...  how they got the rights to use all that is beyond me.

• Steve K said:

... CB Radio was illegal in Oz.... but boy we had fun dodging the RIs and setting up stations in the bush so we could talk to the world... 

Reminds me of the movie "Pirate Radio" ("The Boat That Rocked" in the UK) (7.4 at IMDB, 3 stars out of four from Ebert).  "Set in 1966, it tells the story of the fictional pirate radio station 'Radio Rock' and its crew of eclectic disc jockeys, who broadcast rock and pop music to the United Kingdom from a ship anchored in the North Sea while the British government endeavors to shut them down."  Soundtrack (not entirely historically accurate) :  The Kinks, Them/Van Morrison, The Hollies, Donovan, The Rolling Stones, The Supremes, The Yardbirds, Otis Redding, Smokey Robinson & The Miracles, The Isley Bros., The Beach Boys, Jimi Hendrix, The Who, Procol Harum, The Moody Blues ...  how they got the rights to use all that is beyond me.

I remember a Goodies episode like that but they only had "a walk in the black forest" to play ....

goody goody yum yum yes heart

edited February 2019

the Wacky 90's

a wacky brick phone for your 5G renders! for you to experiment with and texture yes

Brick Phone.jpg
    640 x 480 - 120K
    zip
    zip
    Brick Phone.zip
    Post edited by Stezza on
  • I rather liked Tim Brooke Taylor, I liked my guys a bit androgynous as a teen., dunno how close to his real inclinations it was but he liked to camp it up a bit in the show.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,795
    edited February 2019

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3kgp61

this might not be viewable everywhere

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
  • TangoAlphaTangoAlpha Posts: 4,584

According to Wikipedia, he's been married for over 50 years, and has 2 kids. Not that that precludes anything.

• According to Wikipedia, he's been married for over 50 years, and has 2 kids. Not that that precludes anything.

yes know but the Seventies was the Seventies cheeky

many just acted glam 

edited March 2019

what wacky model have I been doing the last couple of days...

well, I liked doing the London Cab ( which isn't finished yet ) from a cube so much I decided to do another car..

here are the progress stages so far... interesting that you can see the changes I make as I go... all this started from a cube. SOme other parts for expediency was taken from my FJ Ute.. Like why do the wheel and steering wheel again... I know it's wacky!

This is the stage I'm up to at the moment... I think I'll try and model the seats better ... and have to add the pedals ( brake, clutch etc.. ) and maybe some undercar detail.. with engine pipes and stuff...

would you believe this wacky stuff all started from a cube... 

mysmartcar.jpg
    1200 x 1641 - 651K
    86 and 99.png
    640 x 480 - 246K
    Post edited by Stezza on
    edited March 2019

Good thinking 99

Nice to see a car configured to drive on the correct side of the road !!!

PS Sure you don't want to become a PA ?

Post edited by Bunyip02 on

Good thinking 99

Good thinking 99

that would mean having to create DAZ studio version of his models with iray shaders cheeky

3Delight too if you want to be an all round niceguy angel

it means selling your soul devil

nope  wink

edited March 2019

did some more work on my wacky car yesterday.. tweeked the headlights, added more swithches and a set of keys to the dash, new steering wheel and new set of seats...

image was saved in low quality jpg.. so a bit lossy..

mysmartcar2.jpg
    900 x 1200 - 238K
    Post edited by Stezza on

that is awesome Stezza heart

This discussion has been closed.