Experiments, discovery and experience

VyusurVyusur Posts: 2,235
edited May 2019 in Carrara Discussion

Here is a simple example of an arcade modeling in Carrara 8.5 and G'MIC filtering:

Post edited by Vyusur on

Comments

• HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,927

great video, thanks!! The music made me dance :)

• VyusurVyusur Posts: 2,235

Thank you a lot, Andrew!

• HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,927

pleasure, thanks for doing that, looking forward to the next one!

edited October 2017

Last year modeling experiment:

https://youtu.be/HppljoMPZ_o

Alas, I have not used this chair in any scene so far.

One more Carrara modeling video is coming soon.

Post edited by Vyusur on
  • magaremotomagaremoto Posts: 1,226

cool and inspiring! Brava!

look forward to the next one

Magaremoto, thank you very much!

• DUDUDUDU Posts: 1,945

Hi Vyusur!
    Great video, we can see that your skill is at a very hight level.
    For a neophyte like me, it's very impressive to see the speed of your workflow and it is not easy to follow what you make (to try to learn in the same timesmiley).
    I know, your video is 11'30'' but isn't possible to add some texts to know wich tool you use at some point.
    You make so much things in a few seconds that we have no time to pause the video.
    I know, this is not a tutorial but, if you could do that, we could learn something thank to you!
    Excellent work anyway, bravo!

Many thanks Dudu! Alas, I don't have enough time to make complete tutorials. And it can take ages to describe all the tools used in my video. I can only share my workflow. But Youtube allows you to set up the desired speed in the settings under the video. And you can see the shortcuts that I used in the bottom of the screen. Also you can ask the exact question on exact moment of the video. I will describe the tools used in that particular place.

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,085

Thank you for sharing your workflow in the video.  Fascinating.  I never think to use the deform tool. Excellent.

Thank you for the comment, Diomede!

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

TY smiley

My pleasure!

• TangoAlphaTangoAlpha Posts: 4,584

Awesome! Add some extra 'interest' and I reckon you could sell that . . .

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,235

I love watching you model stuff. So efficient and spot-on. The music was great too!

One thing I've learned from Jeremy Birn's book: Digital Lighting and Rendering - Third Edition that might help out: When using Ambient Occlusion, set the occlusion parameter (radius, I think it is) in the render room to the height of the model being rendered.

I loved the whole thing! That G'MIC filter is awesome!!! 

I would gladly watch you model stuff all day! I always learn stuff when I do. Too bad that chair hasn't made it into a scene yet... you'll have to use it!!! That thing is a masterpiece, and is the video that turned me on to your channel!

Bravo! Keep 'em comin'!!! yes

Tim, Dart, thank you for the kind words!

edited April 2018

Carrara's Octane plugin render.

Nurse001.jpg
    1300 x 1000 - 1M
    Post edited by Vyusur on
    edited April 2018

They were approaching like an arctic cyclone looking with icy eyes above all the alive. Someone near me said they had had some very difficult surgery completed.

Surgeons_dynamic_painting.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 1M
    Post edited by Vyusur on

Three weeks ago my hubby had surgery for appendicitis with peritonitis third degree of complexity.
    On the third day after the operation, my husband had a psychosis from anesthesia toxicity. He behaved inadequately and attacked the doctors when they tried to calm him down. That night a psychiatrist called me and asked many questions. The next day I found my husband tied to the hospital bed. A day later he was untied. Psychosis was not repeated. For two weeks I slept for three hours a night and visited the hospital every day. Now my hubby is nearby me and he is getting better every day.
    In the end my health has severely beaten me. Now I have pneumonia. I try to be patient.

• TangoAlphaTangoAlpha Posts: 4,584

Sorry to hear that, Vyusur. Best wishes to both you and hubby, and hope you both get well soon.

• chickenmanchickenman Posts: 1,202

Sorry to hear that, I truely hope the best for both of you and a speedy recovery.

• SileneUKSileneUK Posts: 1,969

Oh my heart aches for you.  My sis-in-law had an 8 hour operation on her liver a few years back (not liver disease... something related to an old gall bladder op back in the 1980s).  She was really confused and hallucinating for several days. She was in ICU and needed a lot of watching and round the clock care. Very hard on her husband and daughter, but she got through it, although she does remember it and doesn't understand why she would have acted that way. Eight hours of being under anesthesia is serious! Hoping your husband is on the mend now. 

Please look after yourself now. Spring is here at last and hope you can be outside when it warms up.

heartkissyes  Silene

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,085

My thoughts are with you and your hubby.  Very best to you both.  Hoping for a speedy recovery.  I had a bout of pneumonia earlier this year. Can feel overwhelmed.  Make sure you take care.

• Persona Non GrataPersona Non Grata Posts: 1,365
    edited March 2021

Post edited by Persona Non Grata on
  • SileneUKSileneUK Posts: 1,969

Meant to add... he's a wonderful pianist from the video...wow!  You are both so talented in the arts. 

Get well soon, both of you!

smileyyes  Silene

Dear fellows, thank you all for your kind words and for the support! You gave me a powerful boost and an incentive for a speedy recovery. I will certainly pass on your wishes to my husband.

edited April 2018

Silene, thank you once more! At one time, my husband was a keyboard player in the band, even before he began to work as an interpreter (English and Japanese).

Post edited by Vyusur on
  • UnifiedBrainUnifiedBrain Posts: 3,588

I was concerned about you when you didn't post in the current Challenge.  Even though you are always super busy, you always somehow find time to post (like Andrew).

Thanks for letting us know.  Life is the real challenge.  Please hang in there.  I've had pneumonia, and it is not fun.  Breathing only thru the nose, and as little as possible, will help restore vitality.

Hope you both recover soon!

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,815

sorry to hear this...

best wishes to you both for speedy recoveries.... 

• evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,040

Sorry to hear about you and your husband's health problems. I hope you both have a speedy and full recovery!

• Bunyip02Bunyip02 Posts: 7,767

Both get well soon !!!!!! heart