[Released] Sharks by AM: Great White [Commercial]

Alessandro MastronardiAlessandro Mastronardi Posts: 2,593
edited October 2017 in Daz PA Commercial Products

Finally released! Meet the Great White shark, the ocean's most feared predator, finely reproduced with detailed geometry, high-resolution textures and a full set of morphs and poses.
The texture set includes heavily scarred skin patterns, that really add to the overall realism of this creature. The morph collection allows to change several key aspects of the body, like the dorsal fin shape and size, make the teeth asymmetric, even hide some teeth, remove claspers, open/close gills to simulate shark respiration cycle and lot more.
As a huge plus, a seal carcass, 3 bubble particles props, a huge, detailed water splash and an awesome underwater CG HDRI based scene are provided to give the shark the habitat it deserves!
The bubble props and water splash can be easily combined to form more complex shapes and as such can be useful in several projects! Optimized for Iray.

https://www.daz3d.com/sharks-by-am-great-white

greatWhiteAM-main.jpg
2000 x 2600 - 3M
greatWhiteAM-popup1.jpg
2000 x 2600 - 4M
greatWhiteAM-popup9.jpg
1300 x 1000 - 446K
greatWhiteAM-popup8.jpg
1300 x 1000 - 501K
greatWhiteAM-popup4.jpg
1300 x 1000 - 500K
greatWhiteAM-popup2.jpg
2600 x 2000 - 2M
greatWhiteAM-popup3.jpg
2600 x 2000 - 2M
greatWhiteAM-popup6.jpg
1000 x 1300 - 834K
greatWhiteAM-popup7.jpg
1300 x 1000 - 647K
greatWhiteAM-popup5.jpg
1300 x 1000 - 677K
greatWhiteAM-popup10.jpg
1300 x 1000 - 399K
greatWhiteAM-popup11.jpg
1300 x 1000 - 394K
greatWhiteAM-popup12.jpg
1300 x 1000 - 405K
alessandro-mastronardi-buddies.jpg
1920 x 719 - 140K
Post edited by Chohole on

Comments

• DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 2,882

So should I look at this as a "new and imroved" version of the old White Shark/Megaladon? :)  (which I loved, by the way)  I'm sure this is all new geometry, etc.

... wonder if I can use a d-former or twenty to get that white shark wrinkle...  The only thing that's missing... otherwise it's perfect, and is high on the priority list of "stuff I don't really have a project for but want."

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

This is gorgeous!  He looks great!

• So should I look at this as a "new and imroved" version of the old White Shark/Megaladon? :)  (which I loved, by the way)  I'm sure this is all new geometry, etc.

... wonder if I can use a d-former or twenty to get that white shark wrinkle...  The only thing that's missing... otherwise it's perfect, and is high on the priority list of "stuff I don't really have a project for but want."

Hello, yes it's all brand new, with more accurate geometry and lot of morphs and extra-stuff. What do you mean by 'white shark wrinkle' ?  I can eventually add it...

• This is gorgeous!  He looks great!

Thank you!

So should I look at this as a "new and imroved" version of the old White Shark/Megaladon? :)  (which I loved, by the way)  I'm sure this is all new geometry, etc.

Hello, yes it's all brand new, with more accurate geometry and lot of morphs and extra-stuff. What do you mean by 'white shark wrinkle' ?  I can eventually add it...

Most pictures of white sharks, when their mouth is wide open, there's a wrinkle or divot in the upper lip:

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_CHG2GRbeET8/TOL9jeThWTI/AAAAAAAAQxM/aAhwlApMSnw/s1600/great-white-shark-smile.jpg
    http://tusb.stanford.edu/wp-content/uploads/mt/Great-White-Shark-1
    http://msnbcmedia.msn.com/i/MSNBC/Components/Photo/_new/101202-great-white-shark-hmed-755a.jpg
    https://tse2.mm.bing.net/th?id=OIP.2c6BGcn13uymAWWH23pxXAExDM&pid=15.1&P=0&w=300&h=300

(not sure how many of those will work, they're from a quick Yahoo images search)
    Admittedly, it's not on all of them, but it is very frequent.

I was watching the development on Facebook, and there was always something missing... unfortunately I didn't realize quite what until the product went live.

(And admittedly, it isn't limited to great whites.  I think most sharks whose teeth protrude like the Great white's do have a similar wrinkle from the jaw jutting forward... I like sharks...)

• So should I look at this as a "new and imroved" version of the old White Shark/Megaladon? :)  (which I loved, by the way)  I'm sure this is all new geometry, etc.

Most pictures of white sharks, when their mouth is wide open, there's a wrinkle or divot in the upper lip:

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_CHG2GRbeET8/TOL9jeThWTI/AAAAAAAAQxM/aAhwlApMSnw/s1600/great-white-shark-smile.jpg
    http://msnbcmedia.msn.com/i/MSNBC/Components/Photo/_new/101202-great-white-shark-hmed-755a.jpg
    https://tse2.mm.bing.net/th?id=OIP.2c6BGcn13uymAWWH23pxXAExDM&pid=15.1&P=0&w=300&h=300

(not sure how many of those will work, they're from a quick Yahoo images search)

I was watching the development on Facebook, and there was always something missing... unfortunately I didn't realize quite what until the product went live.

(And admittedly, it isn't limited to great whites.  I think most sharks whose teeth protrude like the Great white's do have a similar wrinkle from the jaw jutting forward... I like sharks...)

Ok, nothing that I can't add easily, will see to make a morph for those wrinkles.

Ok, nothing that I can't add easily, will see to make a morph for those wrinkles.

Awsome!

I also really appreciate the fact that you included the underwater scene as its very difficult to manage a good underwater environment in Iray for most people at this point.  There are not a lot of products to do that with yet.

I'm a little surprised that they did not put up the render of the underwater HDRI as to me, that's a huge selling point.  I really really am way past my budget right now but the water environment and the splashes pushed me over the edge instead of waiting til later.

• Are there any non-damaged skin versions?

• XenomorphineXenomorphine Posts: 2,421

As someone who's loved sharks ever since childhood, I love that there is now an Iray-compatible Great White in the store! I think that there should be more of a defined lip when the jaws are extended (this model looks like they join the lips too smoothly) and the claspers could possibly do with some slight additional definition, but it's very impressive as a whole. There is a great deal here which shows real dedication, like functional gills. I really like that we have included splashing water, a seal carcass and, most especially, bubble streams, too.

Definitely making a purchase!

Just hoping that someone will make a cybernetic shark to join this. :)

I do really like that there are some realistic nicks and scratches in the non-damaged skin option, but will there be a completely smooth and undamaged texture addition in future? If we use several of these to create a school of them, it might seem odd to ahve those little features all identically replicated across all of them.

• I'm a little surprised that they did not put up the render of the underwater HDRI as to me, that's a huge selling point.  

Me too!

Hello, there are two skins, one severely scarred and another quite intact. Check out the promo images, both are showing there.

Hello, there are two skins, one severely scarred and another quite intact. Check out the promo images, both are showing there.

Sorry, it's still too scarred for me. Impossible to make individuals starting from a damaged skin. Looks like a very nice shark, though.

• As someone who's loved sharks ever since childhood, I love that there is now an Iray-compatible Great White in the store! I think that there should be more of a defined lip when the jaws are extended (this model looks like they join the lips too smoothly) and the claspers could possibly do with some slight additional definition, but it's very impressive as a whole. There is a great deal here which shows real dedication, like functional gills. I really like that we have included splashing water, a seal carcass and, most especially, bubble streams, too.

Definitely making a purchase!

Just hoping that someone will make a cybernetic shark to join this. :)

I do really like that there are some realistic nicks and scratches in the non-damaged skin option, but will there be a completely smooth and undamaged texture addition in future? If we use several of these to create a school of them, it might seem odd to ahve those little features all identically replicated across all of them.

thanks for the comments. Let me see if I can make an untouched scar-free skin preset, shouldn’t take too long

• That would be great!

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232

I think we're gonna need a bigger graphics card...

Very scary nice! I don't do underwater scenes, but this is going on my wishlist anyway.

• GreybroGreybro Posts: 2,476

Take my money! Thanks for including the environment! So nice!

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,553

I think we're gonna need a bigger graphics card...

Very scary nice! I don't do underwater scenes, but this is going on my wishlist anyway.

LOL, no kidding! thoes 8192 x 8192 textures are going to kill my GPU

great looking product, love the included HDRI.

• GreybroGreybro Posts: 2,476

Nom! Nom! Nom!

Lunch

• Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,886

Are the 8192 textures on the shark?

I've gone with 8192 on some 'one sheet' UV maps; end up with the same load/fidelity as multiple 4092 maps, really.

• Even though I still haven't gotten the shark (I've gone waaay over budget) I just wanted to let you know that this pack is very appreciated: I will love having an underwater HDRI, the injured textures lend a great dimension of detail and, most of all, we can finally have a predator acting as such. Really, as grisly as the concept may be, being able to show the result of a hunt is great--I would actually get a pack of not too gory game in the vein of the seal.

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,137

Was this pulled from the store?

That's weird @Barbult, Its in my product library but there is no link to the store...

• If there's no link in the Product Library page, that usually means it's been pulled. Odd, for something so recent.

• Well that's worrisome.

• jedijuddjedijudd Posts: 606
    edited November 2017

I do not see it in store either

Post edited by jedijudd on
  • Hello, the success of both great white and hammerhead was so poor that I decided to put both out of their misery (and out of the store). Probably too niche products to be popular. Sorry for the trouble.

• Darn, I had both wishlisted. It's a shame, the white shark was a great package, with both the prey and the HDRI.

• That's terrible Alessandro, sad to hear this :(