mcjUnkeyframe script - Freeze that scene ! Delete all keyframes on everything

mCasualmCasual Posts: 4,601
edited August 2017 in Freebies

imageTHIS WAY -->

https://sites.google.com/site/mcasualsdazscripts8/mcjunkeyframe

sometimes i buid scenes by importing animated object figures in a scene, and as work progresses,

i change the timeline frame, and end up with uselessly animated things

so

this script goes through all nodes in the scene, all properties ( which may not include morphs ! ) 

if a property has keys, the script memorizes the key value then it deletes the keys, then it restores the value at frame 0,

note that there's a quirk, figures like Aiko3 may need to have their eyeball transforms manually zeroed after this operation

bigLogomcjUnkeyframe.jpg
205 x 205 - 15K
sm.jpg
800 x 450 - 90K
Post edited by mCasual on

Comments

• mindsongmindsong Posts: 1,693

you rock.

Is this kind of like 'zero figure' or 'clear animation', except it retains the first frame settings? Or, sort of like that and any frames with keys to start with get a frame zero equivalent key in their place?, or ...?

downloading to go play...

tnx,

--ms

• mCasualmCasual Posts: 4,601
    edited August 2017

yes you can do it using the "clear animation" menu in Daz Studio

the idea here is that i sometimes end up in a situation, with a bunch of figures and a room with furniture

and i dont know which of those dozen objects aquired keyframes and will fly all over the place when i work on the figure animation

so this script takes each and every node in the scene and goes through each property of that node, and only deletes the property keys if there's actually keys

If i am at frame 30 when i freeze the scene i want it to look like it is at frame 30,

that's why i memorize the value at frame 30, delete all keys and set the value at frame 0 to the memorized value

In unrelated news, i'm posting a revised version of mcjTaylorschalk in the next hour, it should now work correctly for Genesis 3 and Up 

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/2731061#Comment_2731061

mindsong said:

you rock.

Is this kind of like 'zero figure' or 'clear animation', except it retains the first frame settings? Or, sort of like that and any frames with keys to start with get a frame zero equivalent key in their place?, or ...?

downloading to go play...

tnx,

--ms

mindsong said:

maintenance.jpg
    618 x 1000 - 111K
    Post edited by mCasual on
  • mindsongmindsong Posts: 1,693

thanks for sorting that out for me.

your tools are clever and invaluable.

cheers,

--ms