Pose Randomizer [Commercial] - Compatible with Genesis 8 Female

RiverSoft ArtRiverSoft Art Posts: 6,371
edited June 2017 in Daz PA Commercial Products

Pose Randomizer was designed to work with Genesis 8 Female.  It won't show up in Smart Content because the metadata for Genesis 8 Female didn't exist at the time, but it has been coded for and tested with the new figure.

Unlock the infinite potential lurking inside your expensive pose collection! Pose Randomizer is a pair of scripts for creating new poses and enhancing existing ones. Pose Randomizer works by selectively randomizing the bone orientations of your Figures and Characters. It is designed to work with any character... from Victoria 4 to Genesis 3, from Horse to Dragon, Male or Female... anything with bones!

• Designed for any Character or Figure... from Victoria 4 to Genesis 3, from Horse to Dragon... anything with bones
  • Works with entire figures or Sub-Trees of the bone hierarchy
  • Create new looks for your poses with just one click
  • Give just a hint of imperfection to your poses to make them look more realistic and less "posed." Life isn't perfect, your poses shouldn't be either
  • Selectively control which parts of the body are affected (Genesis - Genesis 3 only, though may work with other characters)
  • Settings are automatically saved and restored

No poses are included with the package.

main.jpg
795 x 1034 - 217K
popup_1.jpg
1750 x 2275 - 666K
popup_2.jpg
2100 x 2275 - 798K
popup_3.jpg
2100 x 2275 - 807K
popup_4.jpg
1494 x 1942 - 692K
Post edited by RiverSoft Art on

Comments

• nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,714

This looks perfect. :)

Nice idea too.

• RiverSoft ArtRiverSoft Art Posts: 6,371
    nicstt said:

This looks perfect. :)

Nice idea too.

Awesome!  I hope you like it.  If you have any suggestions for improvements, I would love to hear them

edited May 2017

I don't see an undo function, which would be useful - especially if it could be undo just on a specific joint, although a full undo would be fine.

My other suggestion turns out to be there: perturbation strength.

Post edited by nicstt on
  • IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

This looks very useful.  And fun!

edited May 2017
    nicstt said:

I don't see an undo function, which would be useful - especially if it could be undo just on a specific joint, although a full undo would be fine.

My other suggestion turns out to be there: perturbation strength.

I assume you mean an Undo from *within* the dialog?  (After the dialog closes, the old pose is put on the Undo stack, so it is there)  That may not be as necessary with an update I am working on.  I am adding a "Live Update" feature, where every time you move a slider or select an option, the randomization will occur (like clicking on Preview now).  However, all clicks will use the same random seed - meaning that if you move the perturbation strength from 20% to 30% back to 20%, the pose will be the same.  Only when you click Preview will a new random seed be generated (or the dialog is reopened), giving you a new random pose.

nicstt said:

This looks very useful.  And fun!

Thanks! smiley

• Midnight_storiesMidnight_stories Posts: 4,112

So this is what you were up to ! you'll be putting the pose people out of business with this one. Great idea !

edited May 2017

So this is what you were up to ! you'll be putting the pose people out of business with this one. Great idea !

LOL, I certainly hope not as I am a pose person too!  smiley

However, I find that I almost never use a pose "out of the box." I wanted to make my purchased pose collections go farther and be more versatile.  So, as I am programmer first, I created some tools to help me.  I am really excited to release my first tool and hope everyone will like it and find it helps them.

BTW, I love the Angel Armor you did.  I have it wishlisted for now, but it looks awesome!

• Midnight_storiesMidnight_stories Posts: 4,112

LOL, I certainly hope not as I am a pose person too!  smiley

However, I find that I almost never use a pose "out of the box." I wanted to make my purchased pose collections go farther and be more versatile.  So, as I am programmer first, I created some tools to help me.  I am really excited to release my first tool and hope everyone will like it and find it helps them.

BTW, I love the Angel Armor you did.  I have it wishlisted for now, but it looks awesome!

I'll do you a trade !!!

Save

Wouldn't worry about putting pose vendors out of business, I have every intention of still buying poses, but I think this will make those poses much more versatile and easy to use.  Now, I'm going to look at pose packs and realize that they have even more possibilities.  If anything, you may have helped more poses being sold lol.!

• stagwolfgaragekitsstagwolfgaragekits Posts: 20
    edited May 2017

I am so excited that this exists, I've been hoping someone would write a script like this for years.

I've onlt had a chance to play with this for a second, but I have two bits of feedback:

1.  Could it be made so thyat you could direct type a value into the percentage indicators rather than just using the sliders?

2. (TLDR version-) Make sure the script is assigning values correctly for legacy characters. 

I ask the above because my first spin with the script was using a legacy poser figure I bought in the same purchase, and even set to 1% perturbance the script tied the figure in knots.

I'm GUESSING (again, haven't had time to dig) that the legacy figure has min-max's of (-1?),0,1 the way some old figures do, so, maybe the script is treating the values not as percentages? And so even set to "1%" the script is essentially dialing in 100%or nothing at all....certainly looked like it.   So I was going to try dialing in .1% and test...but I can't direct type as the slider only does whole numbers.

Post edited by stagwolfgaragekits on

I am so excited that this exists, I've been hoping someone would write a script like this for years.

I've onlt had a chance to play with this for a second, but I have two bits of feedback:

1.  Could it be made so thyat you could direct type a value into the percentage indicators rather than just using the sliders?

2. (TLDR version-) Make sure the script is assigning values correctly for legacy characters. 

I ask the above because my first spin with the script was using a legacy poser figure I bought in the same purchase, and even set to 1% perturbance the script tied the figure in knots.

I'm GUESSING (again, haven't had time to dig) that the legacy figure has min-max's of (-1?),0,1 the way some old figures do, so, maybe the script is treating the values not as percentages? And so even set to "1%" the script is essentially dialing in 100%or nothing at all....certainly looked like it.   So I was going to try dialing in .1% and test...but I can't direct type as the slider only does whole numbers.

Hi, I will look into adding the ability to type the values instead of sliders...  it won't make it into the v1.0.1 update though.

I am sorry you are having problems.  My guess is that the Min/Max are not set correctly on the bones in your character.  The percentage is based on Min and Max.  If these values were some huge numbers (e.g., min=-1000000 and max=1000000), then 1% of a bazillion will give you problems :-)  A range of -1 to 1 or 0 to 1 would not be a problem.  Can you inspect a couple bones?  If that is the problem, I have attached a quick script I wrote that will set the min and max for an entire figure to values you select.  You could try running that and then try Randomize Pose.

dsa
    dsa
    FixMinMax.dsa

Wouldn't worry about putting pose vendors out of business, I have every intention of still buying poses, but I think this will make those poses much more versatile and easy to use.  Now, I'm going to look at pose packs and realize that they have even more possibilities.  If anything, you may have helped more poses being sold lol.!

I am glad you think that.  I would hate to put myself out of business :-)  

If you like this, I have another product in the release process which you should enjoy in about a month I hope :-)  

If you like this, I have another product in the release process which you should enjoy in about a month I hope :-I

I look forward to seeing what it might be!

• ArtiniArtini Posts: 8,850
    edited May 2017

These scripts are very useful.

Could it be possible to include the option to input seed for the random generator manually, as well?

The other interesting add on to these scripts would be to have collision detection,

so the hands or feets does not enter the body, after randomizing, but I am not sure,

if it is possible to do in Daz Studio.

Post edited by Artini on
    Artini said:

Could it be possible to include the option to input seed for the random generator manually, as well?

The other interesting add on to these scripts would be to have collision detection,

so the hands or feets does not enter the body, after randomizing, but I am not sure,

I really wish collision detection was possible, but if it is, I do not know about it.  :-(

I could add the option to input the seed.  May I ask why you want to do it?  It may be there is a better way to get the effect you want.

• Griffin AvidGriffin Avid Posts: 3,758

So I'll ask a specific product(s) question.

These three packages.....

https://www.daz3d.com/immortal-ronin-poses

https://www.daz3d.com/cyberpunk-storm

https://www.daz3d.com/chained-in-love  (not people but the chain, itself) - does it work?

Can these be acted upon and THE NEW POSE applied to a Genesis 3 figure?

For example, there are some damn old poses (Michael 4, Michael 4 Elite, Hiro 4)

Can your scripter TRANSLATE these old pose sets into something compatible with modern figures?

------------------------

Sorry to repeat but I want to be clear about my aims.

I use Gen 3 figures. I have your pose product.

I see old pose sets on sale.

Can I use your product in conjunction with these older products and get poses that are 100% (or damn close, lol) useable with my Gen 3 actors?

avxp said:

So I'll ask a specific product(s) question.

These three packages.....

https://www.daz3d.com/immortal-ronin-poses

https://www.daz3d.com/cyberpunk-storm

https://www.daz3d.com/chained-in-love  (not people but the chain, itself) - does it work?

Can these be acted upon and THE NEW POSE applied to a Genesis 3 figure?

For example, there are some damn old poses (Michael 4, Michael 4 Elite, Hiro 4)

Can your scripter TRANSLATE these old pose sets into something compatible with modern figures?

------------------------

Sorry to repeat but I want to be clear about my aims.

I use Gen 3 figures. I have your pose product.

I see old pose sets on sale.

Can I use your product in conjunction with these older products and get poses that are 100% (or damn close, lol) useable with my Gen 3 actors?

No, that is not the purpose of this product.  This product uses whatever pose is currently applied to a figure and then randomizes it (either a little or a lot) to give you new poses.  What you want is a pose converter product.

edited May 2017
    Artini said:

I really wish collision detection was possible, but if it is, I do not know about it.  :-(

I could add the option to input the seed.  May I ask why you want to do it?  It may be there is a better way to get the effect you want.

If it is not so much trouble, showing the current seed and have the possibility to change it

will be useful to apply random pose again with the same settings (for example if I find out that

the particular randomization gives visually good result). I was thinking to apply that randomization again

to different poses, if it makes a sense.

Post edited by Artini on
    edited May 2017
    Artini said:
    Artini said:

If it is not so much trouble, showing the current seed and have the possibility to change it

will be useful to apply random pose again with the same settings (for example if I find out that

the particular randomization gives visually good result). I was thinking to apply that randomization again

to different poses, if it makes a sense.

That makes sense.  I will look into adding it without cluttering up the UI (I want to keep it simple to use).  An alternative would be to just save the seed between sessions so you could reuse it - however, you wouldn't be able to change it and you would lose it after hitting preview again (this makes sense with the upcoming v1.0.1 live preview changes, not the current version).

edited May 2017

Thanks for looking into that matter, RiverSoft Art.

I am also interested in, what you will come up next, especially with scripting.

Post edited by Artini on

If you like this, I have another product in the release process which you should enjoy in about a month I hope :-)  

My wallet hates you (well, store credit balance).

nicstt said:

My wallet hates you (well, store credit balance).

I can certainly understand that... as long as YOU don't hate me, then that's good :-)  I will have to make you feel like you got great value for the money so you will protect me from your wallet :-)    But I feel your pain.  I feel like I should still be just eating crumbs of bread and water after March Madness.  Ouch.  :-)  There are some amazing artists in this store!

•  

Hi, I will look into adding the ability to type the values instead of sliders...  it won't make it into the v1.0.1 update though.

I am sorry you are having problems.  My guess is that the Min/Max are not set correctly on the bones in your character.  The percentage is based on Min and Max.  If these values were some huge numbers (e.g., min=-1000000 and max=1000000), then 1% of a bazillion will give you problems :-)  A range of -1 to 1 or 0 to 1 would not be a problem.  Can you inspect a couple bones?  If that is the problem, I have attached a quick script I wrote that will set the min and max for an entire figure to values you select.  You could try running that and then try Randomize Pose.

After I dug in a little more, it does look like the offending sliders have crazy min-max's of -azillion to +azillion so, that's probably it.   I was gonna cry about having to reset all the parameters...but you are a genius script writer...so no worries.

Can't wait to test this out.   Getting SUUUUUUCH good results with this on  all the figures that it DOES like.

My favorite thing so far?   Wings.   So many nice wings out there, so few with pose sets, posing them by hand is such a horrid process.    Now I just click click click until I get something I like.   This thing is a game changer!

After I dug in a little more, it does look like the offending sliders have crazy min-max's of -azillion to +azillion so, that's probably it.   I was gonna cry about having to reset all the parameters...but you are a genius script writer...so no worries.

Can't wait to test this out.   Getting SUUUUUUCH good results with this on  all the figures that it DOES like.

My favorite thing so far?   Wings.   So many nice wings out there, so few with pose sets, posing them by hand is such a horrid process.    Now I just click click click until I get something I like.   This thing is a game changer!

Great!  It makes me very happy to have a satisfied customer!  :-)  I have to admit I have been finding it useful for wings as well.  

A new version is going through QA right now; don't know when it will be pushed out.  The new version adds the following features:

• Made Perturbation Strength Slider's text editable
    • Added ability to set the random seed (new advanced tab), only goes into effect when sliders change
    • Fixed bug where script would not apply correctly to multiple figures
    • Added header panel with in-dialog instructions
    • Added Live Preview
    • Added Reset button

Randomize Pose Screenshot.jpg
    366 x 426 - 81K
    Selective Randomize Pose Screenshot.jpg
    442 x 935 - 122K

Fantastic! 

• Griffin AvidGriffin Avid Posts: 3,758

Holy cow, what an update!

avxp said:

Holy cow, what an update!

Fantastic! 

Thank you!  I really love the Live Update feature.  It is great for when you like a randomized pose but it is a little too extreme and you want to dial it back some.  It makes exploration even more fun.

The update is out.  If you use Daz Install Manager, it will show up.