Post Your Renders like it's the year 2020!!!

DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,187
edited December 2019 in Carrara Discussion

(to the tune of the song: Sing, Sing a Song)

Render

Render a picture

Render with light

Render it Strong

Render of Good things, or Bad

Render of Happy, or Sad

Don't worry that it's not good enough - for anyone else to see

Just Render      Render a Picture!

Break out that content, new or old. Dust off those models you've made, effects you'd generated...

Break into Carrara and render something and come back here and show us!

Brand new to Carrara - Just getting started - Still figuring things out...

No worries! We all grow by 'earning our way in', and the only way to do that is to Do! Tutorials and manuals are great for learning, but it doesn't end up doing Squat for anyone until we put those mothods to practice. No matter how much sense it might make, no matter how much we think we understand, we all must Practice in order to grow - Very True Story!

Here is our last Post Your Renders Thread, bravely hosted by our own bigh: Post Your Renders - Happy New Year yall.

Post edited by Dartanbeck on

Comments

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,187
    edited December 2016

A cool image from bigh's collection yes

and from a while back yes

Bigh, hope you don't mind my sharing here... let me know if you don't like them here

•  

From Jeremy Birn: the Occlusion radius should be the height of the interior in most cases. Just keep mind that Carrara automatically performs the Occlusion Sandwich - so doing it again can multiply the effect, which can often work nicely, but can also blotch things up. Just be aware that the finished render is already sandwiched.

Lol, I read Jeremy's book like back in 2003, that was a fun read wink 

What I am talking about here are Carrara's settings like >preview,fast,good,excellent,best< which are not exposing any control to the user whatsoever, that is fully automatic, DAZ could of expose those settings long time ago or bump amount of photons in the scene to more then 1 million, that kind of freedom would vastly improve indirect lightning renders in Carrara.

Same stands for ridiculous soft shadow setting >fast,good,best<, little things like that drive me insane smiley

• PhilWPhilW Posts: 5,139

It's one of the things that I like about physically based renderers like Octane and iRay, that you don't need all these different settings. It automatically calculates things like antialiasing, depth of field, soft reflections, soft shadows, indirect lighting, etc without needing any specific render settings at all. It makes it very easy to get great renders, and you can quickly see if something is not right and correct it before wasting huge amounts of render time.

And there is a slider for the photon count in Carrara, it goes up to 500,000, but you can probably set it higher manually if you wish, although for a lot of these controls (and depending on your scene) you may just be adding render time without significantly improving the final image.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,784
    edited December 2016

after and before dialing in the new 3DU toons base genX'd to G2M&F

are issues like scale down and to me look childlike but maybe a bit more parameter fiddling needed

c0086.png
    1920 x 1080 - 4M
    b0086.png
    1920 x 1080 - 4M
    Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
  • and it looks like I added the same aniblock to two second time ><

had to reload to get morphs after running genX in D|S as Carrara saves the old figure

• the video

I found the aging morph does not work, yet to test if genX or Carrara

Great work - though quite scarey that their heads look enormous when compared to the "normal" equivalents.

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,073

Fun stuff!  Love toons.

Is there a G3->G2 body shape converter?  Is that 3DUnverse's new toons for G3F and G3M applied to G2 figures and rendered in Carrara?  Or, is it something else?

are issues like scale down and to me look childlike but maybe a bit more parameter fiddling needed

• diomede said:

Fun stuff!  Love toons.

Is there a G3->G2 body shape converter?  Is that 3DUnverse's new toons for G3F and G3M applied to G2 figures and rendered in Carrara?  Or, is it something else?

yes ported over using Dimension 3D GenerationX

the age slider does not work though

I have not tested if its a GenX or a Carrara issue yet though.

edited December 2016

"You can see the nurse now"

I had fun making the dress for this in Marvelous Designer and then draping it in Carrara with Virtual World Dynamics. I modelled the buttons in Carrara and used Sparrowhawke's Pin Modifier to make them follow the dress as it draped. I also custom made the hair. Rendered with Octane Render for Carrara.
    Happy New Year!
    Phil

P.S.  There's a slightly more risque version on my Rendo gallery.

NatashaNurseFinal2.jpg
    2000 x 2000 - 451K
    Post edited by Chohole on
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 2016

Split this off into a new thread.  Dart you can edit the title now, if you want to.

Post edited by Chohole on

Love that lighting, Phil! Very nice dress and hair too. Great Job!

Chohole said:

Split this off into a new thread.  Dart you can edit the title now, if you want to.

Thanks, bigh, for doing such a wonderful job with the last one!

• HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,922
    edited December 2016
    PhilW said:

"You can see the nurse now"

I had fun making the dress for this in Marvelous Designer and then draping it in Carrara with Virtual World Dynamics. I modelled the buttons in Carrara and used Sparrowhawke's Pin Modifier to make them follow the dress as it draped. I also custom made the hair. Rendered with Octane Render for Carrara.
    Happy New Year!
    Phil

P.S.  There's a slightly more risque version on my Rendo gallery.

wow, this is good

great use of the VWD plugin too

Post edited by Headwax on
  • HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,922
    edited December 2016

the video

Wendy, as Phil says, this is scary. Thanks for taking these for a test drive.

Post edited by Headwax on
  • DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,073

Thanks for the info, Wendy.  Love these animations.  I've always got my toon on (not just with yoga wink​ )  Will look into generation product.

Phil, it never occurred to me to try to use the pin modifier with VWD.  That is amazing.  The render looks awesome.  I have to procrastinate on everything else in my life until I VWD with the pin modifier.

• bighbigh Posts: 8,147

Love that lighting, Phil! Very nice dress and hair too. Great Job!

Chohole said:

Thanks, bigh, for doing such a wonderful job with the last one!

thank you !

edited December 2016

Nah... Thank YOU, my friend! All of this talk of animation lately, folks should really also have a look at the works of a Master! Our own bigh!

Here is an excellent slide show of some of bigh's excellent rendering mastery

...and another

Here's a really cool bigh animation. I love this whole series, these creatures and backgrounds are just awesome!

bigh has many animations to check out on YouTube!

Here is an older art and animations thread by bigh

Here is the newer art and animations thread by bigh

head wax said:

the video

Wendy, as Phil says, this is scary. Thanks for taking these for a test drive.

diomede said:

Thanks for the info, Wendy.  Love these animations.  I've always got my toon on (not just with yoga wink​ )  Will look into generation product.

+1 yes Thanks Wendy!

No stranger to animation, WendyLovesCats (as I'll always know her as - as well as a good friend) heas been treating us to the bizarre as well as being a real leader in pushing the limits of compatibility issues - pioneering excellent, effective ways to make things that don't work, work!

Here is a cool VR scene animated video which allows us to pan around while the dude does his thing. Just over our right shoulder, Wendy. herself, is entering the room... watching! ;)

diomede said:

Phil, it never occurred to me to try to use the pin modifier with VWD.  That is amazing.  The render looks awesome.  I have to procrastinate on everything else in my life until I VWD with the pin modifier.

Yeah. I agree. The dynamics of that plugin are amazing, as are Sparrowhawke's plugins. It's awesome to see them in good use!

Thanks for post links to my Utube animation .

Have a super New Year my friend  !

bigh said:

Thanks for post links to my Utube animation .

Have a super New Year my friend  !

My second post in this thread, transported over from the last one, didn't make any sense in here, so I edited it with some other images of yours that I really like. Hope you don't mind(?)

You have a Happy and Super New Year as well! 

Huge fan of your art = me!

• May not be able to post anything tomorrow, so Happy New Year ya all, here is something I never posted before, gate modeled in Silo, post done in Fusion smiley

IntoTheLight.jpg
    1540 x 710 - 597K

May not be able to post anything tomorrow, so Happy New Year ya all, here is something I never posted before, gate modeled in Silo, post done in Fusion smiley

Happy New Year to you too .

Cool snow render

Now that's just cool! Where does it lead? Perhaps we should step through and find out?

• show us your Endeavours?

the tub captain Cook sailed?

• TangoAlphaTangoAlpha Posts: 4,584

The last death of 2016 . . . hopefully.

Genesis 3 George posed in DS and exported as obj. Sheet draped in Carrara.

Poor George. And right before thebig event, too. :(

• TangoAlphaTangoAlpha Posts: 4,584

Dunno, there might be a "scary event" around midnight . . .

Dunno, there might be a "scary event" around midnight . . .

The Rise of George!

• Now that's just cool! Where does it lead? Perhaps we should step through and find out?

Thanks, I have no idea, lol, here is Iray(SubstancePainter) render of the gate model ...

GateIRay.jpg
    672 x 769 - 184K
This discussion has been closed.