Post Your Toon Generations 2 renders

Comments

• GreybroGreybro Posts: 2,488
    Greybro said:

Pardon the slightly off topic query, but it is Toon related. Where does one find the cartoon arm chair which the toon 2 promos feature?

It is a product in 3dUniverse's store.

http://www.daz3d.com/staci-couch-potato

Hope this helps.

smiley

Sweet! Thanks.

• DkgooseDkgoose Posts: 1,451
    edited December 2016

So I caved and bought the mega bundle last night and here's first render.

Its dark so you might have to view it bigger to see it.

IMG_5576.PNG
    1300 x 1000 - 2M
    Post edited by Dkgoose on
  • dkgoose said:

Well done!  :)

• nicstt said:

Did a quick one last night.  :)  Scary Movie Night...

Damn, this is good.

Thanks.  :)

• Hey....Stay off my cabbage patch.

Cute!  I love all the action going on.  :)

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,944
    edited December 2016

Very cute renders. These are such good designed character models. They exceed the original Gramps, Skye, Dennis, Sadie & Sam I think.

Post edited by nonesuch00 on
  • DkgooseDkgoose Posts: 1,451
    edited December 2016
    dkgoose said:

Thanks :) i love that they are part of Genesis 3 more options :)

your scary movie night picture is awesome I love the expressions 

Post edited by Dkgoose on
  • Hey....Stay off my cabbage patch.

Cute!  I love all the action going on.  :)

Thank you for your kind comment. I think these toons are amazing and will be a lot of fun. As dkgoose commented....the fact that they are based on genesis 3 so gen3 morphs and clothing will fit, this makes them SO versatile. Will be months of rendering amusement.

Kind regards, and Happy New Year.

smiley

• Digital Lite DesignDigital Lite Design Posts: 728
    edited December 2016
    dkgoose said:
    dkgoose said:

Thanks :) i love that they are part of Genesis 3 more options :)

your scary movie night picture is awesome I love the expressions 

Thank you.  :)  The toons lend themselves to some really cute expressions as they are, well, toons.  LOL  Therefore, they don't have to look as "natural" as a real person.  It gives us some opertunity to do awesome things utilizing the Genesis 3 face rig and making the toons talk through their expressions.

Post edited by Digital Lite Design on
  • Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,897

They are totally not a style I'm personally interested in... but I am very very very happy the options exist to broaden the appeal and help more people.

• JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,255

Okay, here we go. The kid on the pony is 100% Little Ones, the rest are all TG2 80% with the heads scaled down about -12 in the head propagating scale (I discovered that if you scale the head down with the general scaling dial you get Neanderthals. At least with the male head). All wearing general G3 skins (3DL materials).

The horse is the Hivewire horse with 100% shetland morph, and about 33% 3DU's 'Toon horse for the Hivewire horse. There are a couple of other dial tweaks, but those are the main ones.

There is a point where "adventure" effortlessly segues into; "I want to go home!"

PackPony.jpg
    612 x 792 - 105K
  • JOdel said:

Okay, here we go. The kid on the pony is 100% Little Ones, the rest are all TG2 80% with the heads scaled down about -12 in the head propagating scale (I discovered that if you scale the head down with the general scaling dial you get Neanderthals. At least with the male head). All wearing general G3 skins (3DL materials).

The horse is the Hivewire horse with 100% shetland morph, and about 33% 3DU's 'Toon horse for the Hivewire horse. There are a couple of other dial tweaks, but those are the main ones.

There is a point where "adventure" effortlessly segues into; "I want to go home!"

Very cute!  Love it.  :)

• nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,714

They are totally not a style I'm personally interested in... but I am very very very happy the options exist to broaden the appeal and help more people.

I'm pretty much with you; having said that, a lot of the images make me smile. :)

• carrie58carrie58 Posts: 3,952

Jodel love it very cute

• 3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,287

Hey....Stay off my cabbage patch.

What even!? That might be the cutest snail I've ever seen! Where did you get him!? :D

• JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,255
    edited January 2017

It's another of 3DU's characters. Might be in the store, or might be on their own website.

Just chedked. It's here. Both in Studio and Poser versions.

Post edited by JOdel on
    edited January 2017

Continuing to enjoy the TG2 renders in the forum and the gallery.

Well I bought originally to be able to more easily augment caricatures into a toon style and it works with that so I am happy. Even better, I like the characters as is just making up characters on the fly using 3DU morphs and the way the skin & hair & eye render is my favorite style. It's excellent.

Anyway here is a link to my Star Wars '77 caricature collage. I think it came out excellent for the amount of work I put into it total, less than 2 hours, maybe less than 1 hour, not counting render times. If I were to spend enough time to be considered that I made a 'professional effort' and improved the likeness to the main actors on the various 4 collages, dang! I am liking Toon Generations a whole lot!

For some reason Carrie Fisher was the most unlike what she looks like in real life resemblance. In fact by the 3rd college render of Carrie I think she looks more like June Lockhart (June, the mom in Lost in Space - those that haven't seen the comedy of Dr Smith, Will, and the Robot are worth getting the series for) than anybody else. Some people just naturally caricaturize easier than others I suppose.  And Harrison caricature looks like George Hamilton as these two men resemble each other superficially to a degree. I forgot about George Hamilton; he was famous when I was a boy. He was famous for no other reason that I know of besides having a dark tan (and obviously knowing the right connections as plenty of people have dark tans).

Star Wars '77 Collage

Post edited by nonesuch00 on
    JOdel said:

It's another of 3DU's characters. Might be in the store, or might be on their own website.

Just chedked. It's here. Both in Studio and Poser versions.

Ah, cool! I found him. I passed him by because his thumb nail when you search for "snail" is just some antlers/antentas. I didn't realize that was him.

Ahhh So cute! Wishlisted! :D

edited January 2017

@ nonesuch00 hahah Those are great! :D I don't know who the granny is supposed to be but she cracks me up!

As far as the caricatures go, I think I like the second one the best. The faces in that one are great!

Post edited by 3Diva on

@ nonesuch00 hahah Those are great! :D I don't know who the granny is supposed to be but she cracks me up!

As far as the caricatures go, I think I like the second one the best. The faces in that one are great!

Thanks, I appreciate an independent opinion.

I like Granny too. She is stock TG2 with one of the many expression kits I bought.

• LlynaraLlynara Posts: 4,770

These are wonderful! Love them all, especially Star Wars and the snail. I think the toons inject a much needed shot of light heartedness and joy into the G3 line. heart

• RCTSpankyRCTSpanky Posts: 850
    edited January 2017

Just a little test with Fantasy Skins and Pixie Outfit ....

Post edited by RCTSpanky on
  • SloshSlosh Posts: 2,391
    edited January 2017

I debated whether or not to post in this thread, because I don't want to look like I am simply trying to promote an upcoming product.  But, I loved this render so much, and I haven't been able to share it with anyone before now because the Toons weren't in the store yet.  Love the Grandmother character.  She is perfection, lol

Iray Camera 04.png
    1778 x 1000 - 3M
    Post edited by Slosh on
  • Ah, that's downright adorable.  And, I won't ask about the product that you aren't promoting.  Just hoping it is in the store soon cause that room is all kinds of adorable, too.  :)  I love the Granny!  I've already used her once and plan on it again soon.  I love the new Toons!  That's a really nice render @Slosh! It deserves to be on the thread because that is super cute!  :)

Ah, that's downright adorable.  And, I won't ask about the product that you aren't promoting.  Just hoping it is in the store soon cause that room is all kinds of adorable, too.  :)  I love the Granny!  I've already used her once and plan on it again soon.  I love the new Toons!  That's a really nice render @Slosh! It deserves to be on the thread because that is super cute!  :)

It is the room (everything you see there, except the toons and their clothing)

• carrie58carrie58 Posts: 3,952

Well that is a lovely nursery Slosh ,now I doing the debate of whether I should do a happy dance or be mad at you for making something I'll need to buy .........indecision

carrie58 said:

Well that is a lovely nursery Slosh ,now I doing the debate of whether I should do a happy dance or be mad at you for making something I'll need to buy .........indecision

Do a happy dance... this thread is about the Toon Generations 2, not the nursery :)  It will be in my store soon enough, and then on sale 1000 times after that

Really nice nursury & render. I am painting all my furniture in the house enamel white. Glad to see it looks good, at least in the DAZ world.

• Love the nursery @Slosh!

Love the nursery @Slosh!

Thank-you... your toons are very ispirational.  I had to make myself stop creating stuff, lol.  Anyway, I hope I didn't derail the thread.  Was just wanting to share a render