Daz Studio Pro BETA - version 4.9.2.70! - Released - (*UPDATED*)

Comments

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,017

I see Connecting to CMS and then a bunch of stuff flashes by too fast to see. I haven't noticed Ugrading CMS. Is there any smoking gun in the log file?

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,563

Do you install content using DIM?

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,017

I install with Daz Connect and a few things like Daz Studio itself and plugins with DIM.

• JDStriderJDStrider Posts: 98

Ahh, I think I may have found to problem... Thanks for the REMINDER to look at the log file... I should have looked there first!

[Log file snipit]

2016-19-13 17:19:49.356 WARNING: cloud\dzcloudtasknotifier.cpp(178): Upgrading database from version: 39

2016-20-13 17:20:16.310 WARNING: cloud\dzcloudtasknotifier.cpp(178): Unexpected exception in upgradeDb: ERROR:  duplicate key value violates unique constraint "category_content_content_id_category_id_key"
    DETAIL:  Key (content_id, category_id)=(444344, 209) already exists.

[End snipit]

A couple of simply queries and all of now well with my DB. :-)

App loads much better now!

• Hello All,

I installed the Beta-Version and when I try to load Genesis 2 (male and female) I get en error message. I updated everything in the program, my lybrary is there but I still get this error. Genesis and Genesis 3 are fine. Can anybody help me with this, please?

error.jpg
    407 x 199 - 15K
  • nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,714

I'm getting duplicate error quite a lot now.

Could it relate at all to using a product that has since been updated?

• linvanchenelinvanchene Posts: 1,303
    edited May 2016
    nicstt said:

I'm getting duplicate error quite a lot now.

Could it relate at all to using a product that has since been updated?

Not sure if there are different kind of duplicate errors that are triggered by different causes.

What I know about is products that cause duplicate id errors whenever you place any actor of the same figure line into the scene:

Example:

If you have installed Victoria 7 Attitude Expressions - SKU:22162 then whenever you place any figure based on Genesis 3 Female in the scene a duplicate error is triggered.

http://www.daz3d.com/victoria-7-attitude-expressions

- - -

What makes duplicate id errors difficult to track down is that the product you place in the scene is most likely not the one that is causing the duplicate error.

Basically a little line of code in one product is adding conflicting information to all other products of the same figure line.

- - -

-> Check the forum for other posts which point out products causing duplicate errors and do not install them on your system.

- - -

Post edited by linvanchene on

It has started occuring in the last two beta releases; it used to happen if I loaded the default G3F figure; now it happens when I load an existing figure, which didn't previously trigger the error.

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232
    I installed the Beta-Version and when I try to load Genesis 2 (male and female) I get en error message.

Is this the first time you've installed a beta? Note that the beta is installed alongside, not replacing, whichever full release version you were already using. It does not use the same settings (interface setup, content folder locations, etc.) that the full release uses, so you must check both versions to make sure the beta is set up the same as the full version. If you don't do this, the beta will only look in the default locations for content, no matter what your full version settings are.

• thank you very much SpottedKitty :-)
    Thnks to you I found out what was wrong. Had the wrong path there for Daz Connect and two pathes for the content;-)
    Now it works. But strange that it only did not work with Genesis 2.

Have a nice weekend, Ulrike

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232
    edited May 2016

If you're using Connect, remember that's one more content location that must be checked and, if necessary, changed. And this must be done before you do anything else in a new installation, whether full release or beta, and whether you're adding new content, re-installing things you've already bought, or creating new scenes. Anything else runs the risk of having orphaned files that were created or installed using the wrong content locations, but now can't be seen by D|S because it's now looking in the proper locations.

Also, Connect is a little bit weird; it behaves for some people, but not for others who set up their systems in exactly the same way.

Post edited by SpottedKitty on
  • yes, thank you SpottedKitty. I did not use connect till now with the beta. Everything seems to work now as far as I could see.
    Had some problems with connect with the General Release version but probably because I did something wrong ;-)

• MEC4DMEC4D Posts: 5,249

Well I just installed 4.9.2.60 damn and it did not want to install using Connect on my system other than some parking folder 

so used Install manager and I really love it , the increased speed in rendering by 20% more with multiple cards , the resolution pixels in draw mode , less msec needed for camera rotation in iray viewport even when set on Normal and color overlay is cool just played with it under Shader mixer the other day when building custom shaders plus no more interactive crash with display driver ...

you can read my mind .. all my prayers was answered 

now back to install the newest beta build as I spotted something new I wanted for the photometric lights 

public build 4.9.1 + was  a nightmare, you should replace it  asap .. especially as interactive mode is crashing on GPU so draw mode not usable

• MBuschMBusch Posts: 547
    edited May 2016

Yep! It's really much better than previous beta. Finally something to call "stable".wink

Post edited by MBusch on

loving it .. no more boxes and planes or guessing  , I am very content about this build so far the best for me

• Added support for Light Portals; a "Light Portal" property becomes visible when "Photometric Mode" is enabled and "Light Geometry" is set to "Rectangle"

at@rbtwhiz or @Daz_Vince

I tested the Light Portals but there is no difference in rendering time or less noises 

are we talking about Light portals that show iray where the light come into the room reducing the calculation time and the level of noises  or we talk about Daylight portals but for those I am missing some settings

I would like to know 

thanks

• rbtwhizrbtwhiz Posts: 2,162

Light portals

A typical problem with architectural scenes is that environment light can sometimes only enter through few small openings, such as small windows. In cases like this the convergence can often be improved by giving the renderer a hint where these openings are in the scene.

For Iray Photoreal this can be done by placing light geometry (e.g. rectangle lights) over the openings and marking them as light portals...

Technically, these lights are no longer light sources (they are invisible and do not need to have a light shader or emitting material), but merely a hint to Iray Photoreal where to expect environment light from.

Using light portals should not change the rendering result, only convergence speed. However, it should be stated that they do not always help, in fact they can cause lower performance if placed incorrectly. For an architectural scene a rule of thumb for using portals is:

• A significant amount of illumination comes through the windows.
    • The illumination coming through the windows is not dominated by direct sun light or other very bright regions in the environment.
    • The windows are relatively small.
    • The caustic sampler is enabled.

-Rob

• kitakoredazkitakoredaz Posts: 3,526
    edited May 2016

Request #219367

Iray Uber shadervolume transmission color not work without setting transmission texture as white.

when set non texture, with set color as white, it show transmission volume effect correclty.

but set color "non white" eg, 245 255 253,  it not set volume color (transmission) correctly.

it treat the each R,G,B value, if It is not 1.0 (255). set as zero. then

when I set color (0.71, 1.00, 0.96)  , without texture (default), the transimission color seems  set as (0,1.0,0). then transmission volume color

is perfect GREEN.  

And the Volume  transmission texture seems not work at all, even though I set clear one Color texture,

it never change ,emission color.

so that,, at current the Volume transmission color only work, when I use white texture, and set color. I think.

Add color texture map have  no meaning, I think.

And please add option, to set SSS Amount value , more reasonable way..

eg set value 0.00001  or  0.00005  can not adjust by slider . .  may better add multiple option to adjust easy.

==============

It is not about light source cast by Enviroment map. all lighs source are default photometric light.

with cylinder volume. (it cover the Actor , in the room)  I did  not test with Env image light source.

And thank you DAZ,, iray uver shader seems not  option to set Volume density by texture.

Maybe I need to use Shader Mixer, just to add volume density, or is there hidden option, which I have not found?

(maybe DAZ really hope user to learn shader mixer MDL blocks.or User buy product shader,

just to apply texture for volumetric density.  )

volime1.PNG
    992 x 637 - 561K
    volume2.PNG
    1131 x 861 - 405K
    volume3.PNG
    1124 x 785 - 750K
    Post edited by kitakoredaz on

Thanks Rob , that exactly what I was thinking , the same way as in Blender 

just want to be sure since very older iray version had Day light Portals before as well

Carh 

rbtwhiz said:

Light portals

A typical problem with architectural scenes is that environment light can sometimes only enter through few small openings, such as small windows. In cases like this the convergence can often be improved by giving the renderer a hint where these openings are in the scene.

For Iray Photoreal this can be done by placing light geometry (e.g. rectangle lights) over the openings and marking them as light portals...

Technically, these lights are no longer light sources (they are invisible and do not need to have a light shader or emitting material), but merely a hint to Iray Photoreal where to expect environment light from.

Using light portals should not change the rendering result, only convergence speed. However, it should be stated that they do not always help, in fact they can cause lower performance if placed incorrectly. For an architectural scene a rule of thumb for using portals is:

• A significant amount of illumination comes through the windows.
    • The illumination coming through the windows is not dominated by direct sun light or other very bright regions in the environment.
    • The windows are relatively small.
    • The caustic sampler is enabled.

-Rob

Love the ligh portals, it's like Cycles in Blender.

edited May 2016

The rendering speed increased with when you cover small window with the light Portal but works only when there is very little light from the sky , no direct sun 

so if you render 40 min you will save 10 min with it  , not visual difference just little faster calculation , the effect is better in Blender as blender cycles calculations are much slower than iray so you profit from that a lot

but if someone have slower card in iray it will help for dark indoor scenes with little windows .

I am excited about 4.9.2.67 build in general , so much improvements .

nicstt said:

Love the ligh portals, it's like Cycles in Blender.

Post edited by MEC4D on
  • hphoenixhphoenix Posts: 1,335
    edited May 2016

According to nVidia's Iray page, there are some new features in the latest Iray.....

A third rendering mode....Iray Realtime.  OpenGL 3.3 based, but approximates Iray shading/lighting.  Looks like we'll have Iray Realtime for the viewport, Iray interactive for the mini-view, and Iray Photoreal for final renders.

Screen Space Ambient Occlusion in Iray Interactive.  Nice boost to the realism in interactive mode!  

Interactive mode also got Path Space Filtering, to reduce grain/fireflies on the final frame.

( sample images and info at http://www.nvidia-arc.com/products/iray/rendering.html )

How long before we see these in DS?  Iray has had Motion Blur for a LONG time....why hasn't DS implemented it yet?

*sits and waits impatiently for more Iray updates news*

Post edited by hphoenix on

Ah,, I now  understand the correct setting value for volume .

I needed  to set more high value for Transmitted Measurement distance. eg 500 (cm) etc,,  to see gradually change trasmisison color ,

from white to the color,  I set,, in volume smoke or dust. 

So that,   transmitted measurement decide, the thickness (cm) of volume, white lay  change  to the Tramsmission color?

Sorry, i know daz document,, but I could  not understand, what actually DAZ document said about the value.

then,, why when I apply white texture,, it lost all color then,  change to white?  the transmission  color value is not multiple with texture color?

the texture of transmission color  is for controll density   , not to  adjust color ?

volumetrans1.PNG
    1020 x 722 - 498K
    volume2.PNG
    1099 x 786 - 507K
  • linvanchenelinvanchene Posts: 1,303
    edited May 2016

Some bugs that may or may not be related to the UI scaling options introduced or changed with the last versions.

- The Shader mixer pane does not snap to the lower UI borders at all.

- Whenever the Shader Mixer pane is placed next to the viewport pane the viewport pane seems to inherit the failing snap functionality of the Shader Mixer pane and now the viewport pane does not snap to the lower UI borders.

-> The aspect ratio frame extends below the visible area of the viewport pane.

- - -

If the Shader Mixer pane is removed the Viewport pane will now properly snap to the lower UI border again.

- - -

Reproducability:

The Shader Mixer pane not snapping to the lower UI borders can always be observed.

The Viewport Pane not snapping to the lower UI borders seems to behave a bit randomly.

Sometimes you can reproduce this error the momemt you add a Shader Mixer pane next to the viewport pane.

In some cases the error can only be observed when you restart DAZ Studio again after placing the Viewport Pane next to the Shader Mixer pane.

- - -

First Detected:

I noticed this the first time when I put together a new UI for Daz Studio Pro BETA - version 4.9.2.60.

System Information:

Display Resolution 1920x1080

Windows 10 64 bit

Nvidia Driver 365.19

- - -

Update / Edit:

Thank you Richard, seems this was allready covered. Will recheck with next build.

- - -

Shader Mixer pane prevents Viewport Pane to snap to lower UI border v1001.jpg
    The Shader Mixer pane is not snapping to the lower UI border at all v1001.jpg
    iewport Pane snaps properly to lower UI border without Shader Mixer pane v1001.jpg
    Post edited by linvanchene on
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 95,997

In the change log, for the version after the current Public beta, there's an entry:

Made tweaks to Shader Mixer sizing policies to better support DPI scaling on Windows

Now It happen for me to check uber iray shader volume blicks,, then  I try to separate shader builder pane, as window mode, (usually I use the option)

ds suddenly shut down.

I feel  no excitement this version beta. .   but  the morph loader improvement is good   (the mirroer option is useful and I could understand how it work)

but another option can not find how to use it.

maybe DAZ will offer document about these new option usage after I died.

breking UI.PNG
    595 x 575 - 79K

Real time is for a while already together with motion blur , It would be nice if we  have OpenGL real time as an option under Draw mode so you can switch , low card users could better navigate the scene as regular OpenGL is not usable with iray shaders or photometric emitters .The screen space AO looks good  too, who knows maybe private beta build have it already ..  fingers crossed for the upcoming updates but beside this funky stuff I would love to see better work on the IES profile so it load correctly and not at 90 degrees on the X , if you use with point light no big deal but with shader emitters it is , as you don't want to rotate the geometry -90 X 'to correct the orientation of the light profile , thinking here about sky lights with material representing light , you can't use IES profile with that so ....big limitation 

hphoenix said:

According to nVidia's Iray page, there are some new features in the latest Iray.....

A third rendering mode....Iray Realtime.  OpenGL 3.3 based, but approximates Iray shading/lighting.  Looks like we'll have Iray Realtime for the viewport, Iray interactive for the mini-view, and Iray Photoreal for final renders.

Screen Space Ambient Occlusion in Iray Interactive.  Nice boost to the realism in interactive mode!  

Interactive mode also got Path Space Filtering, to reduce grain/fireflies on the final frame.

( sample images and info at http://www.nvidia-arc.com/products/iray/rendering.html )

How long before we see these in DS?  Iray has had Motion Blur for a LONG time....why hasn't DS implemented it yet?

*sits and waits impatiently for more Iray updates news*

• DoctorJellybeanDoctorJellybean Posts: 7,812
    MEC4D said:

I would love to see better work on the IES profile so it load correctly and not at 90 degrees on the X , if you use with point light no big deal but with shader emitters it is , as you don't want to rotate the geometry -90 X 'to correct the orientation of the light profile , thinking here about sky lights with material representing light , you can't use IES profile with that so ....big limitation

Have you reported it?

No need to report, it is not a bug , DS axis are different  

MEC4D said:

I would love to see better work on the IES profile so it load correctly and not at 90 degrees on the X , if you use with point light no big deal but with shader emitters it is , as you don't want to rotate the geometry -90 X 'to correct the orientation of the light profile , thinking here about sky lights with material representing light , you can't use IES profile with that so ....big limitation

Have you reported it?

edited May 2016

BTW can someone help me with this issue , when I load Uberiray standard shaders or genesis from  My Library or  DAZ Connect Library , I get message like the one below

it ask me to close DS , only DAZ base products that are included with DS , no problem with other products 

2016-05-19 (1).png
    400 x 95 - 5K
    Post edited by MEC4D on