Runtime DNA Merges With Daz 3D

DAZ_SyydDAZ_Syyd Posts: 6
edited February 2016 in The Commons

We are very excited to make a groundbreaking announcement today.  Runtime DNA Inc., and Daz3D recently merged.  Yes, it’s true!  We are thrilled to become part of one of the most successful companies in our industry and we want you to be the first to know.  In the past month we have been on site at Daz to witness so much of what they have to offer.  The atmosphere for published artists is outstanding.  An entire team is at work right now to help us grow our brand while providing training so that are we continually expanding our product base.  We’ve become part of a group of people who truly care about our success.   

Daz and Runtime DNA share the same core values with regard to you, the member and customer.  It is one of most compelling reasons for us to take such a giant leap forward.  Seeing is after all, believing.  We had the chance to do so.   As a result  we are able to come to you today with such a powerful sense of renewal and confidence in our work, and what we are about to accomplish.

As many of you know, in July of 2015 we began releasing Daz Studio products into the Runtime DNA marketplace.  An instant hit in our store, Daz users everywhere contacted us through email and on site to let us know how happy they were to see us making DAZ products.  Talented Daz vendors stepped in privately and even helped guide DNA vendors to prepare Daz Studio products for our store.  We had a decision to make, and the choice was clear.  We built a new artistic platform for ourselves and we’re so proud to become a part of something so powerful.  

We are forging a new way, a new life, and moving in a new direction.  Runtime DNA is now at home inside the explosive world of Daz3D.  The Daz commitment to excellence is unwavering.  Their technology keeps growing and expanding in a fluid, dynamic atmosphere of unbounded creative strength.  Runtime DNA has always been an artistic tour de force.   Together the future is so much brighter.  We’ve become one and we want you to join us. Be a part of it all right here at Daz.

Syyd Raven

Post edited by DAZ_Steve_2154153 on

Comments

• TesseractSpaceTesseractSpace Posts: 1,153
    edited February 2016

Very nice to hear.  

edit: never mind, found the other thread

Post edited by TesseractSpace on
  • Very nice to hear.  

We are working to link up customer accounts between the two sites, and as we migrate products over they will be added to your account here at Daz.

• DAZ_Steve said:

Very nice to hear.  

We are working to link up customer accounts between the two sites, and as we migrate products over they will be added to your account here at Daz.

Looking forward to it. I'll go make sure my account is easy to link.  (And hopefully now I can get rid of the embarrassing username I had there... So glad DAZ lets me change mine. :) )

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

This sounds like it will be of benefit to all involved, looking forward to seeing how the future unfolds.

• JVRendererJVRenderer Posts: 661
    edited February 2016
    DAZ_Syyd said:

"Daz and Runtime DNA share the same core values with regard to you, the member and customer.  It is one of most compelling reasons for us to take such a giant leap forward.  Seeing is after all, believing.  We had the chance to do so.   As a result  we are able to come to you today with such a powerful sense of renewal and confidence in our work, and what we are about to accomplish."

Syyd Raven

One of the reasons I don't post my art here is the uber convervative value of this site.  RDNA traditionally has a more liberal view of the artwork we post. Will this affect the original Term Of Service at RNDA or will my gallery at RNDA be decimated because of the Daz TOS?

JV

Post edited by JVRenderer on
  • DAZ_Syyd said:

"Daz and Runtime DNA share the same core values with regard to you, the member and customer.  It is one of most compelling reasons for us to take such a giant leap forward.  Seeing is after all, believing.  We had the chance to do so.   As a result  we are able to come to you today with such a powerful sense of renewal and confidence in our work, and what we are about to accomplish."

Syyd Raven

One of the reasons I don't post my art here is the uber convervative value of this site.  RDNA traditionally has a more liberal view of the artwork we post. Will this affect the original Term Of Service at RNDA or will my gallery at RNDA be decimated because of the Daz TOS?

JV

We currently have no plans to change the way the forums or gallery at Runtime are working or run.  We honestly will have to watch how that develps out over time to decide.

• SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,945

Hi Syyd, Aine, Bea and all - great to see you here! :)

• mtl1mtl1 Posts: 1,501

Very nice to hear.  

There's another thread? lol :)

Anyways, this is GREAT news :D I've always been pleasantly surprised by RDNA products.

• mtl1 said:

Very nice to hear.  

There's another thread? lol :)

Anyways, this is GREAT news :D I've always been pleasantly surprised by RDNA products.

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/72306/faq-runtime-dna-customers-coming-to-daz#latest

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548
    DAZ_Syyd said:

Syyd Raven

JV

I actually think it would be great if the galleries remained separate with their different rules.  I haven't done any renders that don't line up with Daz rules but that doesnt mean I won't in the future. It would be nice to have a place to post them besides Deviant Art

• KharmaKharma Posts: 3,214

What changes will we notice here if any if I never had an account at RDNA?

• valzheimervalzheimer Posts: 519
    edited February 2016

Awesome news....glad to see the RDNA family integrating with DAZ!

Post edited by valzheimer on
  • Kharma said:

More content.

• Welcome Syyd; was kinda surprised to see these two threads pop up, but glad to know the folks here like having you around.

• DAZ_Steve said:
    Kharma said:

More content.

More content is always good. :) Well, except to my wallet.

• finally, Cookie being a Genesis morph!!

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,084

What will this mean to Poser content and the support of Poser as it continues to evolve?  And, will there still be two stores, or is the RDNA store going to close and move all items here?

I am mostly a DS user, but I think each has it's strengths and weaknesses and should both be supported going forward.

Dana

• ServantServant Posts: 756

This is great! More content, better support, and a home for the older RDNA stuff that might have gone poof otherwise.

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,922

I really like the more traditional of the toon styles over at RuntimeDNA although I'm not sure how this merger affects what I buy over at RunTimeDNA.

How will we be able to tell when our accounts are merged? I just got an email from RuntimeDNA announcing the merger.

• DanaTA said:

What will this mean to Poser content and the support of Poser as it continues to evolve?  And, will there still be two stores, or is the RDNA store going to close and move all items here?

I am mostly a DS user, but I think each has it's strengths and weaknesses and should both be supported going forward.

Dana

We will be migrating old Poser content, and accepting new Poser content.  The store there will be going away over a period of months. 

• KaribouKaribou Posts: 1,325

Woo-hoo!  DAZ-Syyd!  Congrats on the merger!  laugh

• Oh Syyd!!! So happy to hear this news! We go way back to Chelsea and Gen-X hair and Gabriel and all the way through to G3 Ultra Morphs and Iray lights. I'm just thrilled. :) Welcome RDNA!

• JessaiiJessaii Posts: 845

Welcome and how exciting for RDNA and Daz! Cant wait to see how this all turns out, love the RDNA team and vendors :D

• LlynaraLlynara Posts: 4,770

Congratulations! I'm a new user and customer at both sites and enjoy them so much. Now it looks like I'll be spending even more money here as your stores merge. Sigh. My poor pocketbook!

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

i'se a lil unsettled.  competition in the market place, would think, is better

what about the real deals??!!   wahhh  

after the change in pc club prices, real deals is where i go

• LyonessLyoness Posts: 1,609

I am really happy to see some of the great RDNA artists come on over to Daz!

I agree with Silver, it's going to be interesting times around here!!!!

• WOW!!! That's such a cool surprise! Congrats to you guys!! :)

• HavosHavos Posts: 5,300

Will this mean that my RNDA products will become available to install via DIM?

Also will RNDA now work on a DS version of TerraDome?

Whilst I see many positives in this move, it does make the DAZ marketplace a step closer to a monopoly in DS/Poser products, which is obvious not a great thing.

• Havos said:

Will this mean that my RNDA products will become available to install via DIM?

Also will RNDA now work on a DS version of TerraDome?

Whilst I see many positives in this move, it does make the DAZ marketplace a step closer to a monopoly in DS/Poser products, which is obvious not a great thing.

Monopoly only if merge Renderosity  and ContentParadise too. devil

• mtl1mtl1 Posts: 1,501

Mmm, it's not really a monopoly considering that there are a few other marketplaces out there, not to mention other sites servicing specific niches. DAZ, and RuntimeDNA, are technically niche sites within the greater CG community.

Market consolidation is a good thing most of the time, as it theoretically strengthens specific players in the market as well as reduce fragmentation within the sector.