Eva 7 - just what we needed...

SnowSultanSnowSultan Posts: 3,510

...another white girl with an unremarkable body shape and yet more lingerie.

Heh, when someone like me starts thinking we're getting too much skimpwear, we really might be.   ;)

Comments

• IppotamusIppotamus Posts: 1,579

The mundanity of it all.

It burns.

• chris-2599934chris-2599934 Posts: 1,784

She looks to me like the base G2F figure. Nice enough, but not worth $45.

• LesPaulLesPaul Posts: 50

Getting a bit fed up with yet more new models with their own UV sets. I'm still swmarting from buying Stephanie 6. SnowSultna's comment about too much lingerie also made me smile. When I get fed up with rendering glamour scenes then it really is time for a change.

• namffuaknamffuak Posts: 4,073

Great. A jump-suit and a bathing suit the wearer shouldn't wear if she's prone to sneezing.

• acanthisacanthis Posts: 604

Here we go again. The Name+7 Merry-Go-Round is spinning up ... sucking in the cash like a black hole!

Yawn.

• DarkSpartanDarkSpartan Posts: 1,096

Agan with this? Makes me rethink my purchase of a merchant resource for skin. Although, a jumpsuit might come in handy.

Maybe I should see if I can make some proper clothing to pack in with Rumiko. She might be worth $45 then ;)

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859

I was adding up the things I could use, and that would be the two hair products and the two females (none of the clothes, agreed!) and it came close to $50. For the Pro Bundle price, I could get poses. But a ton of outfits that wouldn't be used. And I have tons of Genesis 2 poses that can be changed over to Gen 3, so Pro-No-Go. TOTALLY agree- if they had put family friendly outfits or PRACTICAL outfits they would have had a sale. So this pro bundle, not interested.

I like the aged lines around the eyes, IMO this is not a repeat of the typical babes. However, if we don't start getting more natural eyebrows (so extremely tired of very plucked, penciled, or thin eyebrows) then my Genesis 3 (or 2 for that matter) buying is at a standstill. Parisa is an excellent example of the bigger eyebrows- and even some a tad thinner than that would still be an improvement over all the plucked to almost extinction eyebrows. Eva has some longer hairs at the beginning of the eyebrows, but even from a "few feet" away they wouldn't show. You get the penciled look unless extremely, extremely closeup like the promo art. 

But again, kudos to the artists for giving her some character with the lines and aging around the eyes. 

• DarkSpartanDarkSpartan Posts: 1,096

That thing I said about a jumpsuit coming in handy?

Yeah, that's not what I call a jumpsuit. I need to get with the program and start modeling clothes as well as shaping characters.

• RogerbeeRogerbee Posts: 4,460

To be honest, I really like her, her body and face look really natural and I think the texture looks good too. Sure, yeah, there's the custom UV thing again, but, that's no biggie really. If you want to use that texture on V7 then you can, you just load Eva's UV, I really don't get what the big thing is about this. Most PA's don't use the custom UV's anyway, the other PA textures for Eva use the G3F UV. You just have to learn to deal with it and move on. Daz would have dropped the idea if they didn't think it was a good one and they don't look to want to any time soon.

CHEERS!

• Silver DolphinSilver Dolphin Posts: 1,596

It's a business decision. It's like Hollywood and the bare naked ladies who are added to poorly written scripts and bad acting it helps with sales. Look they need to keep the lights on so don't buy what you don't want. I just wish they would start making content with story potential.  For example make textures that show the model half burned or frozen or worse (I love the zombie stuff even hollywood recognizes the potiential and has made a killing off this story idea). Make these supermodels with bullet holes and missing limbs from fighting it out with each other. Give us special effects that we can use to tell stories. I like the beautiful models as much as the next person but we need more than bikinies and beaches. Fire our imaginations send these skimply clad ladies to the Antartica to find a alien craft that is buried in the ice waiting to eat said supermodel.  Ha ha, but this is what makes stories come to life. Crashed ships and being marooned on alien worlds waiting to get rescued but along comes something horrible wanting to do these supermodels in.  I want slime, mud and just a little gore so we can keep it PG13 give us tools to tell our stories.  Just my 2cents

Yeah, I know what you mean. We get these great sets like that Victorian London one that Stonemason did, but, we don't get a population for it.

Anyhow, I will get round to Eva at some point and I think I'll enjoy her.

CHEERS!

• nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,714

Well the figures and the hair make it about the same but slightly less, so for me not an issue, granted many of the clothes wont get used... I mean how many swimsuits of a similar ilk can a girl wear?

• DaikatanaDaikatana Posts: 828

i think that if Eva 7 had been released with a more realistic/conventional selection of clothing she could have been an insta-buy for a LOT of people.  The character itself with the subtle facial lines and athletic shape really calls out for contemporary clothing , functional (not skimpwear and stilettos) fantasy outfits, and sci-fi items with a more practical slant.   For example,  I could really see this character in a "Firefly" type setting or maybe something "Babylon 5-ish".  She's not really a lingerie model.  Hopefully day 2 will have better releases for her.  As it is right now, neither of the bundles interests me at all. 

• HorusRaHorusRa Posts: 1,662
    edited August 2017

-

Post edited by HorusRa on
  • BlazeMystEraBlazeMystEra Posts: 464
    edited July 2015

My 'problem' is, that I mostly don't use the charactermorphs, but only the textures... so having to buy character with seperate uvs at such a price to be able to use the texture, while spinning my own morphs is a bit annoying... now if I could get the textures for Eva and the coming characters 'for EvA' on g3 / v7 without having to own Eva (and maybe being able to buy textures/uvs separatly), that would be awesome...

I spent way to much on g2 stuff, not expecting to have to really start that much from scratch with g3, that I could just go ahead and buy EvA (and what ever character will come next) just so I can use textures... I mean... I'm gonna end up spending way to much money again and yeah I know I'm just one customer... but maybe one or the other vendor might think about creating textures useable for g3 base/v7 (and whatever character else they like it to be useable for) and maybe even sell textures/uvs seperatley... ? A girl can hope, right? :)

BTW... what I'd really love would be a "build your own pro bundle" option... like already mentioned in this topic... not all want lingerie... and other 'not everyday' clothes or model poses. Especially with female characters I don't see the need to buy a pro bundle just to get the gens... well... I guess the people wanting female gens are more likely to use lingery than 'fully dressed clohtes' :D still... building my own bundle would be a blast!

Post edited by BlazeMystEra on
  • SnowPheonixSnowPheonix Posts: 896
    Daikatana said:

i think that if Eva 7 had been released with a more realistic/conventional selection of clothing she could have been an insta-buy for a LOT of people.  The character itself with the subtle facial lines and athletic shape really calls out for contemporary clothing , functional (not skimpwear and stilettos) fantasy outfits, and sci-fi items with a more practical slant.   For example,  I could really see this character in a "Firefly" type setting or maybe something "Babylon 5-ish".  She's not really a lingerie model.  Hopefully day 2 will have better releases for her.  As it is right now, neither of the bundles interests me at all. 

Totally agreed.  You remind me of what somebody recently said to me that if we buy the first release, we send a message to make more of it... and I have to admit that I like small elements of this product like the "Chase Hair"

http://www.daz3d.com/chace-hair-for-genesis-3-female-s-and-genesis-2-female-s

I think some of the skins and Eva herself look fairly impressive even if she is once again caucasion and light on details :(  I thought long and hard but what really irked me was the monokini only coming with one texture and you had to pay an extra 5 bucks to get 5 more textures...and the fact that the poses all looked like recycled collections that most of us already have and can convert.

Still hanging out for more real looking girls... I'm hopeful the'll be availible soon.

• JogitechJogitech Posts: 11

i see not the different  between  v7  and eva 7 with normal morph can dailed . only the textur is new and afew new cloth but this daz standart morphs. privat vendor clothmaker make it better with more funktion morphs. 

• larsmidnattlarsmidnatt Posts: 4,511

HAHA, it's a riot. A new pro pack so soon :) Very passable. She doesn't actually bring anything to the table for me...but I've learned that is the norm around here. So next month will it be a semi athletic type or a semi curvy gal?

• Twilight76Twilight76 Posts: 318
    edited July 2015

I find Eva is more real looking than V7 but the clothing .... every day it seams comes a Release of a bathing suit or Lingerie at the Moment.

And again a price increase

V7 Pro 12 Items / Eve 7 Pro 11 Items for the same Price.

Post edited by Twilight76 on
  • Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,567

I don't need this figure at this time.

I also would like to see promo art in 3delight/ Once again, she seems somewhat bronze, or perhaps that is the choice of lighting being used.

No clothing I could use in this one.

I will pass on this character until I get a steep sale on her pack.

• I find Eva is more real looking than V7 but the clothing .... every release a bathing suit and Lingerie in the bundle.

And again a price increase

V7 Pro 12 Items / Eve 7 Pro 11 Items for the same Price.

... Which in turn, V7 Pro has less items than V6 Pro (and more expensive I think?).

To me, the Pro bundles were about value - getting a set of figures, clothing, hair, poses, etc. for a good price.  That hasn't been the case for some time.  Yeah, I'm gonna have to take a pass on Eva.

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,567
    edited July 2015

I'm also still waiting for more stuff for base v7. Her debut was somewhat lacking in extra figures and characters. I idon't feel like buying another base, when the initial one has hardly been utilized due to the lack of content.

Post edited by Serene Night on

What you have to remember regarding clothing is that it's early days for G3F and that more will come out for them over time. Bikinis and the like are easier to model and it at least gives the poor girl something to wear initially. I'm sure as time goes on there will be much more available. One thing I do think is lacking a bit and could be addressed within this community is focus groups, where PA's and developers ask us what we want. All too often we get 'what they think we want' given to us. If we got what they knew we wanted then wouldn't sales be better!?

CHEERS!

• ToyenToyen Posts: 1,864

Her body type does look similar to V7 (judging from the promos) but I am absolutely loving her face! For a white female model, she is pretty realistic! One of the most realistic ones yet I´d say!

She´s the Irish girl I´ve been waiting for : )

As someone mentioned, her skin textures do look a bit brozne (I´d prefer if she was the pale type with freckles and red cheecks) but maybe thats really just the lighting used in the promos.

I think it's the lighting. I remember Gia, out of the box she never looked like the promos, until we saw that video about how her promo was done. It's a case of get her and see, which is what I plan to do eventually.

CHEERS!

edited July 2015

Yeah definitely the lighting. She looks much paler in the promos for Brady Hair.

Post edited by Toyen on
  • StorypilotStorypilot Posts: 1,660

My 'problem' is, that I mostly don't use the charactermorphs, but only the textures... so having to buy character with seperate uvs at such a price to be able to use the texture, while spinning my own morphs is a bit annoying... now if I could get the textures for Eva and the coming characters 'for EvA' on g3 / v7 without having to own Eva (and maybe being able to buy textures/uvs separatly), that would be awesome...

I spent way to much on g2 stuff, not expecting to have to really start that much from scratch with g3, that I could just go ahead and buy EvA (and what ever character will come next) just so I can use textures... I mean... I'm gonna end up spending way to much money again and yeah I know I'm just one customer... but maybe one or the other vendor might think about creating textures useable for g3 base/v7 (and whatever character else they like it to be useable for) and maybe even sell textures/uvs seperatley... ? 

In the product description it says that both of the characters that are "for Eva 7" use G3 base UVs. 

edited July 2015

Realize when I type I'm not upset, or surprised. I'm joking about the situation because it is very funny to me. So read everything I say with a bit of humor.

where PA's and developers ask us what we want.

They don't care. Nor have they in a long time. Even when they pop in the forum to say something to support the idea they care. If they cared what we wanted we wouldn't have 20 new UV sets every year :) And about a billion other things they continue to do regardless of feedback.

V7 is already dead. Poor thing only got a few weeks in the spotlight *wink* Wonder how many textures I have for her, oh yeah 1! We don't need more stinkin UV sets.

Thing is, if they keep cramming out "pro packs" every month no one would ever have time to make more complex clothes will they? And I agree pro packs have gone down in value over the years. They should rename them Prosumer packs. Actually, that's what they are probably called. Pro is not short for professional, we just assumed it was :)

Post edited by larsmidnatt on

I´d rather see Genesis 3 Male but Eva is lovely : ) I´m not buying any packs though, I never do because I would never use the items included except for maybe certain hairstyles.

I won´t be buying her right away but I definitely want her.

But I´d rather buy Michael 7 than Eva to be honest.

edited July 2015

Like G2F, expect a few females out before M7. I bet it would be 2-3 ladies before Micheal, but at this rate it might be 6! And none of them will be brown. Expect brown-folk won't happen till a few months before G4F/V8. Might get some Asians though.

Post edited by larsmidnatt on