• Daz 3D
  • Shop
  • 3D Software
    • Daz Studio Premier
    • Daz Studio
    • Install Manager
    • Exporters
    • Daz to Roblox
    • Daz to Maya
    • Daz to Blender
    • Daz to Unreal
    • Daz to Unity
    • Daz to 3ds Max
    • Daz to Cinema 4D
  • 3D Models
    • Genesis 9
    • Genesis 8.1
    • Free 3D Models
    • Game Ready
  • Community
    • Gallery
    • Forums
    • Blog
    • Press
    • Help
  • Memberships
    • Daz Premier
    • Daz Plus
    • Daz Base
    • Compare
  • AI Solutions
  • Download Studio
  • Menu
  • Daz 3D
  • Shop
  • 3d Software
    • Daz Studio Premier
    • Daz Studio
    • Install Manager
    • Exporters
    • Daz to Roblox
    • Daz to Maya
    • Daz to Blender
    • Daz to Unreal
    • Daz to Unity
    • Daz to 3ds Max
    • Daz to Cinema 4D
  • 3D Models
    • Genesis 9
    • Genesis 8.1
    • Free 3D Models
  • Community
    • Our Community
    • Gallery
    • Forums
    • Blog
    • Press
    • Help
  • Memberships
    • Daz Premier
    • Daz Plus
    • Daz Base
    • Compare
  • AI Solutions

Notifications

You currently have no notifications.

Loading...
Daz 3D Forums > Search
  • Duplicate Formula Problems in Adorbs Expressions for Skyler and Genesis 3 Female(s)

    I also get duplicate formulas error messages with the following morphs:

    Adorbs Expressions for Skyler and Genesis 3 Female(s) morphs (SKU: 22347):

    dr excited.dsf
    dr laugh.dsf
    dr smile.dsf

    Issues as a result of errors: Excited, Laugh and Smile Expressions don't work.
    Resolution: I have so many expressions, decided to remove the problem morphs and their corresponding content library presets.

    Cake One's Victoria 7 Attitude Expressions (SKU: 22162):

    ctrl happy 2.dsf
    ctrl surprised 2.dsf

    Issues as a result of errors:  NONE
    Resolution: There are also  ctrl Happy.dsf and ctrl suprised.dsf moprhs present and their presets do work.  There are not any Happy 2 nor Suprised 2 expression presets installed, my guess they were backup copies not removed.  Removed the following files from the data folder:

    ctrl happy 2.dsf
    ctrl surprised 2.dsf
    alias_head_ctrl happy 2.dsf
    alias_head_ctrl surprised 2.dsf

    Now G3F loads without any duplicate formula errors.

    By

    Lindsey Lindsey April 2016 in Daz Studio Discussion
  • Ribs morph for genesis 3 female

    Unfortunately this is the same problem as with wishing to be able to morph muscle definition (not bulk - definition is simply to do with fat levels, and very skinny people with little muscle bulk can have very noticeabe muscle definition) either overall for physique or individually for movement/pose - the Genesis 3 figures have such a low definition mesh in torso and limbs (bar the actual joints) at base and the normal 1 subd level that there are not and can't be edge-loops following the contours of the major sub-skin features like the main surface muscles and bones, and one cannot morph any of those at base or normal hi-rez (level 1 subd) ... for the first DAZ human figures since Victoria 2 and the origina Aiko.

    The only way to do it is either HD morphs, which as you say we non DAZ PAs can't do - or with normal maps (or bump or displacement, but normal would be better for this) - and personally I lack the skill to create detailed normal maps either.

    Personally I also have the issue about wanting to do some rib definition, but in my case that is usually along with some muscle definition for various types of athletic physiques with varying real world typical fat levels producing varying degrees of muscle and rib definition coupled to widly varying levels of muscle bulk between sports. Marathon/long-distance runners, for example, tend to have very low fat, very definied muscles and ribs, but very little muscle bulk; while the Bodybuilder Details morph (without using the corresponding Bulk morph) for G2F is good for that kind of thing, the G3F one is useless by comparison as it is an SD morph and the edge-loops simply aren't there in the base and hirez-1-sbd mesh to let any SD morph give muscle and rib definition. And all the HD morphs that give muscle definition couple it with muscle bulk so definition and bulk go together and the only highly defined character one can do is a contest-ready bodybuilder ... and the only people who look like bodybuilders are bodybuilders, not marathon runners, MMA fighters, hept-/pent-/decathletes etc. On G2F I can get any type of atheltic physique i want, on G3F ... not so much.

    I will point out that you MIGHT be lucky and get what you want from one of the -7 DAZ female figures (like Victoria 7, Gia 7, Eva 7 and all the rest of those DAZ -7s). Each one comes with a set of normal maps, and also has am HD morph add-on. With several of them - Gia 7 and Eva 7, for instance -  the normal maps provide varying amounts of rib definition... although you can't get JUST the rib definition, it has to be with whatever else is on the normal map or HD morph like some muscle definition on the abs etc too. Do notice that you can use any one of the -HD addon morphs with a DIFFERENT main morphing of the figure - e.g. you can dial up the Eva 7 HD morph when you are NOT using the actual Eva 7 morph but V7 or aome custom character morph. And note that you can ALSO use one set's normal maps with any other character. While the Gia 7 normal maps, for example, as supplied will only work properly with texture sets that use the Gia 7 UV, DS's Map Transfer function will convert them to any other UV in just a couple of seconds. First thing I did after getting Gia 7 was use Map Transfer in DS to create conversions of the Gia7 normal maps to the G3F Base UVs, so I can get the (not as good as the Gia 6) Gia 7 normal map added muscle and rib definition when using G3F Baase female UV character materials. Frankly, getting Map Transfer to create conversions of the different base -7 figures' normal maps to the UVs of the other only takes seconds per conversion, greatly enhances the variety available to you, is a very cheap alternative to buying the HD-morphs (which are quite expensive, whereas the normal maps just come fwith each -7 figure), and if you set Map Transfer to maximum resolution for the conversions ... well, I've done close up renders on just a plain grey, untextured G2F and G3F, solely for the puprose of minutely comparing using the original normal map and UV with the converted map and the Uv converted to, and I've never been able to see a pixel difference. So, with the note that you need to spend a few seconds making conversions to the other UVs of each set of normal maps (only once - not each time you're going to use them) using a tool that is in DS itself, the assorted -7 normal maps are actually just as UV independent as the HD-morphs .... and produce almost exactly the same effect in the renders as the corresponding HD morphs.

    So, you may find that for a particular need you have either one of the HD morphs or the normal maps from one of the -7 base DAZ figures (converted with Map Transfer as necessary depending on what UV the texture set you are using is for) MAY happen to give you the rib detail you want without too much of some other surface details you don't want. Have a close look at those you have, and a very close look at the promo images on the store pages for the -7 DAZ figures you don't and their HD add-ons, and realise that the normal maps and HD add-ons in all of those can all be used with any G3F character you want to use, whether a 'character' from a PA or one you've mixed up yourself from basic and assorted character morphs and materials. For the HD morphs, just dial them; for the normal maps just check what UV the textures you are using are, get Map Transfer to make conversions of whichever Normal Maps you want to use to that UV if you haven't done that conversion before, then apply the 4 normal maps to Template 1, 2, 3 and 4 in the Surfaces pane.

    You may be lucky. I wasn't, and while mixing assorted HD morphs and normal maps lets me create a number of different combinations of muscle bulk and muscle-and-rib-and-other-bones definition (with that latter actually basically just being fat level in different parts of the body), it is a limited range of discrete combinations which doesn't actually include any of the ones I want.

    HD morphs also, from my POV, have a third disadvantage alongside (i) the one you need may not exist to buy, and (ii) if you're not a PA with access to the 'HD morph tool' (actually AIUI simply a version of Morphloader that can handle importing morphs onto a figure at subd levels above 1 you cannot do anything about that like make your own, or aadapt/correct a bought one;  and that is that (iii) I find that some of the morphing one needs for muscle, rib etc definition of a low fat character needs not just lvl2 but also lvl3 and even lvl4 HD morphs, and they really kill my computer on render: not only does the render take 10, even 20 times longer than exactly the same but with the HD morph off, but it locks my computer up solid, no input response, while doing it, unlike normal renders where I can e.g browse while it's rendering. And this can be having to use a high lvl HD morph for a render that's not right up close, no pore level detail or whatnot visible, but just to get a compartively coarse subsurface muscle or bone definition that on every female DAZ figure from the original Stephanie (the first unimesh: Michael 2's mesh reshaped to Victoria 2's shape and with V2's rig, because the M2 mesh topography had edgeloops outlining the main subsurface muscles so muscle definition could be morphed and so now it could be with original Stepahnie, but V2's didn't have that topolgy so she couldn't have that detail morphed on her standard mesh - the last DAZ figure that was true of before G3F) through V3, S3, V4, Genesis to G2F can be done simply with an SD morph. Frankly, having high lvl HD morphs have such a price on rendering in terms of time and computer resources, if I were to use G3F I would now use normal map details in preference to HD mmorphs wherever possible, and this mollified my annoyance - indeed anger - that my favorite G2F DAZ -6 base character body morph, Gia 6, was the one G2F DAZ -6 base figure for which they never released an HD add-on.

    So, look at the DAZ base -7 Hd Morphs and Normal maps and you might be lucky. Or you could choose the solution I have. Use G2F instead. You can get the whole gamut of muscle and rib etc definitions with normal SD morphs, and the morphs exist (there are at least a couple of specifically and only rib definition morphs available for G2F, plus several others for egenesis and V4 that can be easily converted to G2F either with genX2 or just DS's built in Transfer utility).

    For myself - I've always previously immediately migrated to DAZ's latest figure, but not with G3F. I've repeatedly undertaken detailed comparisons of G3F with G2F, and against my better judgement spent (or more accuratey wasted) money on buying every product, morph set, -7 base character with likely looking normal maps etc to see if they'd help and redoing the comparison tests again each time, but it still remians that for me G2F beats G3F handily in 4 out of the 5 criteria I have for which figure to use for what i want to do in DS (and the one 'win' for g3F is actually a theoretical win rather than a practical one), with one of those 4 wins for G2F being the mesh topology and the way it sllows SD morphing (and morph adjusting/adapting/correcting by a non-DAZ-PA user) of details like ribs and muscle definition as against requiring HD morphing for even basic, coarse detailing when often the HD morphs one needs doen't exist, one can't create them oneself or adjust/correct/adapt them where they kind-of exist, and even where exactly what one needs exists it has a humungous price in render time and locking up my laptop.

    (For the record, the other criteria are: (1) The ability of G2F to use texture sets for all the G2F UVs, and the Genesis Female UVs AND the V4 UVs, and even more the ability of G2M to use all the G2M UVs Genesis Male UVs And the M4 UVs means that for female and especially male characters i have a huge range of texture sets that covers any different character I want or might want; for G3F and especially G3M the current selection and variety is tiny - plus I'm not seeing anything fundamentally better about the quality of the G3F sets over the G2F one as pertains to the results in a render, and in fact I find the way the Genesis 3 ones have been laid out actually gives noticeably WORSE deatailing in some areas; 'industry standard pipelines' to other apps and whatnot mean nothing to me as I only use DS. (2) G3F bends a bit better than base G2F ... OK. In repeated side-by-side testing, however, G2F WITH THE BEAUTIFUL BENDS AND IDEAL BEAUTY PRODUCTS - which I already had bought long before G3F appeared - with the bequtiful bends JCMs and MCMs applied to some joints, the Ideal Beauty ones to the others actually doesn't just bend as well as G3F, it bends better. Side-by-side, and especially with my morphed characters, but just the base shapes too, knees, elbows, thighs, shoulders, ankles and abdomen don't juat bend better but a lot better and more realistically in G2F with those products than they do in G3F, and all the other bends bend either at least as well or better too, if not so dramatically better. (3) I will confess there may be some ignorance here, but so far I have found Triax weightmapping hugely superior to General dual-whatever weightmapping. Until recently I only knew old Poser MAT sphere type rigging, finding my self in need of a particular type of trouser for G2F that also needed very good thigh side-to-side bending, and all the ones of the right type bending badly in that respect, i managed to figure out - especially with the help of looking at some trousers that were wrong in other ways but good in the thigh side-to-side - how triax weightmapping worked and to re-weight the problem bends on the trousers. Finding the same situation with G3F i had a look at the corresponding problem with the General dual quaternian system ... and as far as I can see it stinks - and I don't think it's just me because unlike with the G2F ones I couldn't find a single trouser, whether otherwise of the right type or not, that bended well in thigh side-to-side, not even trousers by the PAs who had made the ones that bent well in that way for G2F, so if they can't do it either I don't think it's just me. I mean ... Triax, on each joint there's a weightmap for each axis, plus two bulge maps per main map: really comprehensive and one can weight things perfectly for each bend on each joint; General there's ONE map per joint and no bulge maps, so there's e.g. TWO separate joints for the thigh, one for bend, one for twist, and no map for side-to-side at all. How is that better? As far as I can see, basically one has to resort to JCMs - which is mad. The whole big thing about the move from  Poser Mat spheres and capsules to weightmapping was that we oculd dispense with the ever increasing escalation of JCMs and actually just rig the joints accurately even in complex situations without JCMs - but now tha's being dropped and we appear to be taking not a step but a leap backwards into something as bad and over-simplistic as old-style Poser. It's ... nuts. And presumably for some 'industry standard pipeline' reason that again means nothing to me - I just want the best performance for doing things in DS. So, for me G2F beats G3F soundly on the four criteria: (i) Texturing - the massive variety and choice of textures made for 3 main generations of figures avaialble for the Genesis 2 figures as against the small selection for G3F and the miniscule choices for G3M; (ii) Bending - the Genesis 2 figures with their bend improvement products still bend bettet (and with much more detail, too, which was put into those bend improvement procuts) than the Genesis 3 figures; (iii) mesh resolution and topology of the torao and limbs - the Genesis 2 figures share with the predecessor figures back to original Staphanie and the Millenium 3 figures edge-loops round the major-subsurface features of the body such as surface muscles and some bones, allowing SD morphs to morph definition, rather than requiring HD morphs that often don't exist (like a simple functional equivalent to the Bodybuilder Details morph on Genesis and G2F/M, which would have to be HD but neither DAz nor a PA have made it), can't be created.adjusted/adapted by ordinary users who are not DAZ PAs, and even when they do exist take a huge toll in render time and computer resources even when one ony wants a coarse detail at a disatnce that every prior generation could do with SD; (iv) rigging - the G3F dual-quaternain bending is a big step back from the capabilities of Triax. The one criterion I said the Genesis 3 figures win on theoretically if not practically? That woould be (v) the facial rigging, where the genesis 3 riggibg at least theoretically allows a better range of expressions without having to sculpt a cuatom morph for the expression in a modeller ... but 'theoretically but not practically' because I already have a massive range of Genesis 2 expression products, some dial presets, many substantial collections of new morphs someone else has already sculpted in a modeller, which cover pretty much everything I can think of, adn I haven't actually noticed any Genesis 3 expression products have expressions in that have made me think 'woe, that's an expression i want to use and I couldn't get that on G2f/M (and I've seen as high a proportion of Genesis 3 expression products that are full of ugly, non-realistic and/or cartoonish expressions as I have with the Genesis 2 ones). So, genesis 2 beats Genesis 3 by 4 to 1, and the 1 not actually being a practicl victory either.)

    As far as I can see, Genesis 3 was created with a priority of being suitable for 'industry' users, and so changing e.g. rigging system and UV aspects - and possibly the poor topology of the torso and limbs, I suppose -  to fit in with transfer to other 'industry' software and whatever they use for figures. And that priority was above functionality in DS for people who only use DS, and did indeed mean producing a generation of figures - Genesis 3 - which are actually very noticeably inferior to the preceding generation - Genesis 2 - that were only made with functionality in DS in mind as a priority. Oh, and making the male and female figures have a mesh that isn't vertex compatible for the first time since Stephanie/M2 and then the Millenium 3 and onwards figures appeared, abandining the separate male/female V1/M1 and V2/M2 mesh dichotomy... meaning people actually can't just buy a morph pack for one sex and transfer it to the other, or notice that the morphs in the separate male and female packs they bought are actually exactly the same any more.

    By

    DavidGB DavidGB April 2016 in Daz Studio Discussion
  • 3D Art Freebie Challenge ---April: “When I Grow Up I Want To Be A Woodland Fairy” (Entry Thread)

    DAZ3D April, 2016 Freebie Challenge: "When I Grow Up I Want To Be A Woodland Fairy"

    #1: How to be a Woodland Fairy

    "I'm not sure that this is such a great way to meet girls, Rob.", moaned Archie. "And my leotard is riding up!"

    "Tell me about it! There should be a manual with these things, or something."

    "I don't think this bra fits right, either."

    "Wait! What? You're wearing a bra?"

    "Well, yeah, it came with one."

    "Oh, Brother. Anyway, quit complaining before Granny over there decides to turn you into a pumpkin!"

    No Counts:  DAZ Aiko 3, Aiko 4, Victoria 4, Genesis and a whole lot of morph packages that go with them.

    Rendered in DAZ Studio with 3Delight, no postwork.

    1. Tree Shadow #06 Poser pz3 scene by HoBoBo for background image (Registration required)
    http://www.sharecg.com/v/71732/browse/11/Poser/Tree-Shadow-06-Poser-pz3-scene

    2. F3D_Ruins Elven Portal by freedom3design (Registration required)
    https://www.renderosity.com/mod/freestuff/f3d-ruins-elven-portal/74373

    3. XfrogPlants Chestnut (Registration required)
    http://xfrog.com/product/EU43.html

    4. Easel by Darker Side of Art -- CHK2033
    http://freezone.thefantasiesattic.net/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=138_137&products_id=564

    Aiko 3 - Fairy on the left.

    5. A3 Spring by stronghands07
     (Registration required)
    http://www.sharecg.com/v/69619/browse/11/Poser/A3-Spring
    (Character and texture)

    6. Wynter Fairy Hair for V4 by Arah
     (Registration required)
    https://www.renderosity.com/mod/freestuff/wynter-fairy-hair-for-v4/70461

    7. A3 Tink dress by stronghands07
     (Registration required)
    http://www.sharecg.com/v/81538/related/11/Poser/A3-Tink-dress

    8. Long Gloves for V4 by DieTrying (Registration required)
    http://www.sharecg.com/v/73793/gallery/11/Poser/Long-gloves-for-V4

    9. Roseband for V4 by Mada (necklace, pendant and tiara)
    http://www.mada3d.com/Freebies1.html (scroll down)

    10. Faerie Wings I for ALL figures by fabiana (Registration required)
    https://www.renderosity.com/mod/freestuff/faerie-wings-i-for-all-figures/59783

    11. Ultimate Shader Pack for DAZ Studio by Georgehaze (Registration required)
    http://www.sharecg.com/v/27568/Material-and-Shader/Ultimate-Shader-Pack-for-DAZ-Studio
    Glass, metal

    Aiko 4 - Fairy on the right.

    12. Kimber for Aiko4 and morphs++ by winteryvonne200 (Registration required)
    http://www.sharecg.com/v/34805/browse/11/Poser/Kimber-for-Aiko4-and-morphs++
    (Character and texture)

    13. Pluto Hair by Realmling
    http://www.realmofsavage.com/ProjectSM_hair.htm

    14. Assorted Colors for Pluto Hair by Moonfly (Registration required)
    http://www.sharecg.com/v/40123/browse/11/Poser/Assorted-Colors-for-Pluto-Hair

    15. DragonFae Wings, Skirt,Top, Boots, and Bracer, for V4,A4,G4,S4 by 3dpoetry (Registration required)
    https://www.renderosity.com/mod/freestuff/dragonfae-wings-skirt-top-boots-and-bracer-for-v4-a4-g4-s4/75274

    16. Freebie Team POSES 03 by Aery Soul
    http://web.archive.org/web/20101204211440/http://www.aerysoul.com/free.html

    Genesis Male 1 - Fake fairy on the left, dialspun character.

    17. DAZ Duke Hair (Registration required)
    Genesis Starter Essentials

    18. Bossy Boots 2.0 for GENESIS by Headkase and Varsel (Registration required)
    http://www.sharecg.com/v/56443/View/11/Poser/Bossy-Boots-2.0-for-GENESIS

    19. The Magical Dress Platinum for A4 by Redviper2012 (Registration required)
    http://www.sharecg.com/v/59422/favorite/11/Poser/The-Magical-Dress-Platinum-for-A4

    20. Satin Shaders for DAZ Studio by mmalbert (Registration required)
    https://www.renderosity.com/mod/freestuff/satin-shaders-for-daz-studio/72055

    21. Pd-Daz Studio Soft Leather Shaders by Parrotdolphin (Janet) (Registration required)
    http://www.sharecg.com/v/78685/gallery/7/Material-and-Shader/Pd-Daz-Studio-Soft-Leather-Shaders

    22. Wings V4 by Faerie Dreams - Mada
    http://www.mada3d.com/Freebies1.html

    23. V4 Warrior outfit by svdl (Registration required)
    https://www.renderosity.com/mod/freestuff/v4-warrior-outfit/38656
    (Harness only)

    Genesis Male 2 - Fake fairy on the right, dialspun character.

    24. DAZ SallyMae Hair (Registration required)
    Genesis Starter Essentials

    25. Genesis Ballet Outfit by Wilmap (Registration required)
    https://www.wilmapsdigitalcreations.co.uk/view_product.php?id=51

    26. Genesis Tights by Wilmap (Registration required)
    https://www.wilmapsdigitalcreations.co.uk/view_product.php?id=62

    27. TinkerBell pixie wings by seachnasaigh (Registration required)
    http://www.sharecg.com/v/74681/browse/5/3D-Model/TinkerBell-pixie-wings

    V4 Warrior outfit by svdl (Registration required)
    https://www.renderosity.com/mod/freestuff/v4-warrior-outfit/38656
    (Harness only - also used above and not recounted)

    Victoria 4 - The fairy instructor.

    28. Rose for V4 by dreams_of_ice (Registration required)
    https://www.renderosity.com/mod/freestuff/rose-for-v4/58987
    (Character morph)

    29. P3D Megan by P3Design (Registration required)
    https://www.renderosity.com/mod/freestuff/p3d-megan/73121
    (Texture only)

    30. Hi Pony hair for V4 by Mylochka (Registration required)
    http://www.sharecg.com/v/61876/gallery/11/Poser/Hi-Pony-hair-for-V4

    31. Cherubim Dress for V4 by Arien
    http://www.arien-graphics.com/wp/?p=615

    32. Pup's Glow Wings by playfulpup (Registration required)
    http://www.sharecg.com/v/42026/Poser/Pups-Glow-Wings

    33. fae flowery wand by Maria (Registration required)
    http://www.sharecg.com/v/3831/browse/11/Poser/fae-flowery-wand

    By

    SixDs SixDs April 2016 in Freebies
  • 3D Art Freebie Challenge ---April: “When I Grow Up I Want To Be A Woodland Fairy” (Main Thread)

    DAZ3D April, 2016 Freebie Challenge: "When I Grow Up I Want To Be A Woodland Fairy"

    #1: How to be a Woodland Fairy

    "I'm not sure that this is such a great way to meet girls, Rob.", moaned Archie. "And my leotard is riding up!"

    "Tell me about it! There should be a manual with these things, or something."

    "I don't think this bra fits right, either."

    "Wait! What? You're wearing a bra?"

    "Well, yeah, it came with one."

    "Oh, Brother. Anyway, quit complaining before Granny over there decides to turn you into a pumpkin!"

    No Counts:  DAZ Aiko 3, Aiko 4, Victoria 4, Genesis and a whole lot of morph packages that go with them.

    Rendered in DAZ Studio with 3Delight, no postwork.

    1. Tree Shadow #06 Poser pz3 scene by HoBoBo for background image (Registration required)
    http://www.sharecg.com/v/71732/browse/11/Poser/Tree-Shadow-06-Poser-pz3-scene

    2. F3D_Ruins Elven Portal by freedom3design (Registration required)
    https://www.renderosity.com/mod/freestuff/f3d-ruins-elven-portal/74373

    3. XfrogPlants Chestnut (Registration required)
    http://xfrog.com/product/EU43.html

    4. Easel by Darker Side of Art -- CHK2033
    http://freezone.thefantasiesattic.net/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=138_137&products_id=564

    Aiko 3 - Fairy on the left.

    5. A3 Spring by stronghands07
     (Registration required)
    http://www.sharecg.com/v/69619/browse/11/Poser/A3-Spring
    (Character and texture)

    6. Wynter Fairy Hair for V4 by Arah
     (Registration required)
    https://www.renderosity.com/mod/freestuff/wynter-fairy-hair-for-v4/70461

    7. A3 Tink dress by stronghands07
     (Registration required)
    http://www.sharecg.com/v/81538/related/11/Poser/A3-Tink-dress

    8. Long Gloves for V4 by DieTrying (Registration required)
    http://www.sharecg.com/v/73793/gallery/11/Poser/Long-gloves-for-V4

    9. Roseband for V4 by Mada (necklace, pendant and tiara)
    http://www.mada3d.com/Freebies1.html (scroll down)

    10. Faerie Wings I for ALL figures by fabiana (Registration required)
    https://www.renderosity.com/mod/freestuff/faerie-wings-i-for-all-figures/59783

    11. Ultimate Shader Pack for DAZ Studio by Georgehaze (Registration required)
    http://www.sharecg.com/v/27568/Material-and-Shader/Ultimate-Shader-Pack-for-DAZ-Studio
    Glass, metal

    Aiko 4 - Fairy on the right.

    12. Kimber for Aiko4 and morphs++ by winteryvonne200 (Registration required)
    http://www.sharecg.com/v/34805/browse/11/Poser/Kimber-for-Aiko4-and-morphs++
    (Character and texture)

    13. Pluto Hair by Realmling
    http://www.realmofsavage.com/ProjectSM_hair.htm

    14. Assorted Colors for Pluto Hair by Moonfly (Registration required)
    http://www.sharecg.com/v/40123/browse/11/Poser/Assorted-Colors-for-Pluto-Hair

    15. DragonFae Wings, Skirt,Top, Boots, and Bracer, for V4,A4,G4,S4 by 3dpoetry (Registration required)
    https://www.renderosity.com/mod/freestuff/dragonfae-wings-skirt-top-boots-and-bracer-for-v4-a4-g4-s4/75274

    16. Freebie Team POSES 03 by Aery Soul
    http://web.archive.org/web/20101204211440/http://www.aerysoul.com/free.html

    Genesis Male 1 - Fake fairy on the left, dialspun character.

    17. DAZ Duke Hair (Registration required)
    Genesis Starter Essentials

    18. Bossy Boots 2.0 for GENESIS by Headkase and Varsel (Registration required)
    http://www.sharecg.com/v/56443/View/11/Poser/Bossy-Boots-2.0-for-GENESIS

    19. The Magical Dress Platinum for A4 by Redviper2012 (Registration required)
    http://www.sharecg.com/v/59422/favorite/11/Poser/The-Magical-Dress-Platinum-for-A4

    20. Satin Shaders for DAZ Studio by mmalbert (Registration required)
    https://www.renderosity.com/mod/freestuff/satin-shaders-for-daz-studio/72055

    21. Pd-Daz Studio Soft Leather Shaders by Parrotdolphin (Janet) (Registration required)
    http://www.sharecg.com/v/78685/gallery/7/Material-and-Shader/Pd-Daz-Studio-Soft-Leather-Shaders

    22. Wings V4 by Faerie Dreams - Mada
    http://www.mada3d.com/Freebies1.html

    23. V4 Warrior outfit by svdl (Registration required)
    https://www.renderosity.com/mod/freestuff/v4-warrior-outfit/38656
    (Harness only)

    Genesis Male 2 - Fake fairy on the right, dialspun character.

    24. DAZ SallyMae Hair (Registration required)
    Genesis Starter Essentials

    25. Genesis Ballet Outfit by Wilmap (Registration required)
    https://www.wilmapsdigitalcreations.co.uk/view_product.php?id=51

    26. Genesis Tights by Wilmap (Registration required)
    https://www.wilmapsdigitalcreations.co.uk/view_product.php?id=62

    27. TinkerBell pixie wings by seachnasaigh (Registration required)
    http://www.sharecg.com/v/74681/browse/5/3D-Model/TinkerBell-pixie-wings

    V4 Warrior outfit by svdl (Registration required)
    https://www.renderosity.com/mod/freestuff/v4-warrior-outfit/38656
    (Harness only - also used above and not recounted)

    Victoria 4 - The fairy instructor.

    28. Rose for V4 by dreams_of_ice (Registration required)
    https://www.renderosity.com/mod/freestuff/rose-for-v4/58987
    (Character morph)

    29. P3D Megan by P3Design (Registration required)
    https://www.renderosity.com/mod/freestuff/p3d-megan/73121
    (Texture only)

    30. Hi Pony hair for V4 by Mylochka (Registration required)
    http://www.sharecg.com/v/61876/gallery/11/Poser/Hi-Pony-hair-for-V4

    31. Cherubim Dress for V4 by Arien
    http://www.arien-graphics.com/wp/?p=615

    32. Pup's Glow Wings by playfulpup (Registration required)
    http://www.sharecg.com/v/42026/Poser/Pups-Glow-Wings

    33. fae flowery wand by Maria (Registration required)
    http://www.sharecg.com/v/3831/browse/11/Poser/fae-flowery-wand

     

    All links verified.

    ENTRY ACCEPTED

    Please move to the Entries Thread.

     

    By

    Kismet2012 Kismet2012 April 2016 in Freebies
  • 3D Art Freebie Challenge ---April: “When I Grow Up I Want To Be A Woodland Fairy” (Main Thread)

    DAZ3D April, 2016 Freebie Challenge: "When I Grow Up I Want To Be A Woodland Fairy"

    #1: How to be a Woodland Fairy

    "I'm not sure that this is such a great way to meet girls, Rob.", moaned Archie. "And my leotard is riding up!"

    "Tell me about it! There should be a manual with these things, or something."

    "I don't think this bra fits right, either."

    "Wait! What? You're wearing a bra?"

    "Well, yeah, it came with one."

    "Oh, Brother. Anyway, quit complaining before Granny over there decides to turn you into a pumpkin!"

    No Counts:  DAZ Aiko 3, Aiko 4, Victoria 4, Genesis and a whole lot of morph packages that go with them.

    Rendered in DAZ Studio with 3Delight, no postwork.

    1. Tree Shadow #06 Poser pz3 scene by HoBoBo for background image (Registration required)
    http://www.sharecg.com/v/71732/browse/11/Poser/Tree-Shadow-06-Poser-pz3-scene

    2. F3D_Ruins Elven Portal by freedom3design (Registration required)
    https://www.renderosity.com/mod/freestuff/f3d-ruins-elven-portal/74373

    3. XfrogPlants Chestnut (Registration required)
    http://xfrog.com/product/EU43.html

    4. Easel by Darker Side of Art -- CHK2033
    http://freezone.thefantasiesattic.net/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=138_137&products_id=564

    Aiko 3 - Fairy on the left.

    5. A3 Spring by stronghands07
     (Registration required)
    http://www.sharecg.com/v/69619/browse/11/Poser/A3-Spring
    (Character and texture)

    6. Wynter Fairy Hair for V4 by Arah
     (Registration required)
    https://www.renderosity.com/mod/freestuff/wynter-fairy-hair-for-v4/70461

    7. A3 Tink dress by stronghands07
     (Registration required)
    http://www.sharecg.com/v/81538/related/11/Poser/A3-Tink-dress

    8. Long Gloves for V4 by DieTrying (Registration required)
    http://www.sharecg.com/v/73793/gallery/11/Poser/Long-gloves-for-V4

    9. Roseband for V4 by Mada (necklace, pendant and tiara)
    http://www.mada3d.com/Freebies1.html (scroll down)

    10. Faerie Wings I for ALL figures by fabiana (Registration required)
    https://www.renderosity.com/mod/freestuff/faerie-wings-i-for-all-figures/59783

    11. Ultimate Shader Pack for DAZ Studio by Georgehaze (Registration required)
    http://www.sharecg.com/v/27568/Material-and-Shader/Ultimate-Shader-Pack-for-DAZ-Studio
    Glass, metal

    Aiko 4 - Fairy on the right.

    12. Kimber for Aiko4 and morphs++ by winteryvonne200 (Registration required)
    http://www.sharecg.com/v/34805/browse/11/Poser/Kimber-for-Aiko4-and-morphs++
    (Character and texture)

    13. Pluto Hair by Realmling
    http://www.realmofsavage.com/ProjectSM_hair.htm

    14. Assorted Colors for Pluto Hair by Moonfly (Registration required)
    http://www.sharecg.com/v/40123/browse/11/Poser/Assorted-Colors-for-Pluto-Hair

    15. DragonFae Wings, Skirt,Top, Boots, and Bracer, for V4,A4,G4,S4 by 3dpoetry (Registration required)
    https://www.renderosity.com/mod/freestuff/dragonfae-wings-skirt-top-boots-and-bracer-for-v4-a4-g4-s4/75274

    16. Freebie Team POSES 03 by Aery Soul
    http://web.archive.org/web/20101204211440/http://www.aerysoul.com/free.html

    Genesis Male 1 - Fake fairy on the left, dialspun character.

    17. DAZ Duke Hair (Registration required)
    Genesis Starter Essentials

    18. Bossy Boots 2.0 for GENESIS by Headkase and Varsel (Registration required)
    http://www.sharecg.com/v/56443/View/11/Poser/Bossy-Boots-2.0-for-GENESIS

    19. The Magical Dress Platinum for A4 by Redviper2012 (Registration required)
    http://www.sharecg.com/v/59422/favorite/11/Poser/The-Magical-Dress-Platinum-for-A4

    20. Satin Shaders for DAZ Studio by mmalbert (Registration required)
    https://www.renderosity.com/mod/freestuff/satin-shaders-for-daz-studio/72055

    21. Pd-Daz Studio Soft Leather Shaders by Parrotdolphin (Janet) (Registration required)
    http://www.sharecg.com/v/78685/gallery/7/Material-and-Shader/Pd-Daz-Studio-Soft-Leather-Shaders

    22. Wings V4 by Faerie Dreams - Mada
    http://www.mada3d.com/Freebies1.html

    23. V4 Warrior outfit by svdl (Registration required)
    https://www.renderosity.com/mod/freestuff/v4-warrior-outfit/38656
    (Harness only)

    Genesis Male 2 - Fake fairy on the right, dialspun character.

    24. DAZ SallyMae Hair (Registration required)
    Genesis Starter Essentials

    25. Genesis Ballet Outfit by Wilmap (Registration required)
    https://www.wilmapsdigitalcreations.co.uk/view_product.php?id=51

    26. Genesis Tights by Wilmap (Registration required)
    https://www.wilmapsdigitalcreations.co.uk/view_product.php?id=62

    27. TinkerBell pixie wings by seachnasaigh (Registration required)
    http://www.sharecg.com/v/74681/browse/5/3D-Model/TinkerBell-pixie-wings

    V4 Warrior outfit by svdl (Registration required)
    https://www.renderosity.com/mod/freestuff/v4-warrior-outfit/38656
    (Harness only - also used above and not recounted)

    Victoria 4 - The fairy instructor.

    28. Rose for V4 by dreams_of_ice (Registration required)
    https://www.renderosity.com/mod/freestuff/rose-for-v4/58987
    (Character morph)

    29. P3D Megan by P3Design (Registration required)
    https://www.renderosity.com/mod/freestuff/p3d-megan/73121
    (Texture only)

    30. Hi Pony hair for V4 by Mylochka (Registration required)
    http://www.sharecg.com/v/61876/gallery/11/Poser/Hi-Pony-hair-for-V4

    31. Cherubim Dress for V4 by Arien
    http://www.arien-graphics.com/wp/?p=615

    32. Pup's Glow Wings by playfulpup (Registration required)
    http://www.sharecg.com/v/42026/Poser/Pups-Glow-Wings

    33. fae flowery wand by Maria (Registration required)
    http://www.sharecg.com/v/3831/browse/11/Poser/fae-flowery-wand

     

    By

    SixDs SixDs April 2016 in Freebies
  • TWEEN Julie 7

    ...they're rehashing everyone it seems.

    ...bugger, and someone (other than me) won the 3.8$ million Megabucks tonight.

    Yeah...but where is Aiko 7?  Aiko normally follows Victoria and I've been waiting for her.

    By

    ThatGuy ThatGuy April 2016 in The Commons
  • Making clothes in Carrara vs Blender

    I started a post in the basic forum by mistake but want to know if Carrara 8.5 is better make Daz clothes in than Blender? I want to make a tight outfit for Victoria 4.  Any links to get me started?

    By

    rfrydryckstudio rfrydryckstudio April 2016 in Carrara Discussion
  • Victoria 7 vs.Victoria 4

    Victoria 4 can load into Carrara where Victoria 7 can't.  Also more clothes for Victoria 4.

    By

    rfrydryckstudio rfrydryckstudio April 2016 in New Users
  • Need advice on Blender/Carrara clothing tutotial

    I am am looking for a tutorial to make my first clothing item in blender for a Daz Studio character in Blender.  While I can search for one I do have a few questions that will help my search.

    I wanted to make a tight outfit for Victoria 4.  I see a lot of tutorials for Genesis, but none for Victoria 4.  Are Victoria 4 clothes harder to make?  Will the same tutotial works?

    Blender vs Carrara8.5 vs Hexagon.  I know Blender but can quicly learn other packages.  Does Carrara  8.5 or Hexagon have any advantages over Blender?

    Finally do you know of any good tutorals that will help with my stipulation (Victoria 4 & tight outfit)?

    By

    rfrydryckstudio rfrydryckstudio April 2016 in New Users
  • Weird Effect from Hexagon Bridge Morph for Victoria 7

    Thank you again, Richard!

    One more question (for now)....

    I went back and made the morph on Genesis 3 Female rather than Victoria 7. I'm not sure if that was needed to make sure it would apply to any G3F-based figure, but by working from G3F I didn't have to zero out any other shaping. Then I did Save As>Support Asset>Morph Asset(s) ... and it had a checklist with G3F at the top and all of her bones below. I checked her, on the intuition that I wanted to make sure this was a G3F morph, but checked none of her bones because neither the Upper nor Lower Neck were listed.

    Was that the right way to do it? I ask because when I finally did save, it seemed to write every G3F-based morph in my library. But when I applied my morph to another character, it worked exactly as I intended ... only the changes I made at her neck.

    Thank you for your patience!

    CrissieB

    By

    CrissieB CrissieB April 2016 in Technical Help (nuts n bolts)
  • Madness promo character tecture?

    That looks like Victoria 7s skin: http://www.daz3d.com/victoria-7

    By

    BeeMKay BeeMKay April 2016 in New Users
  • Has anyone had items disappear from their Shaping section?

    Yes. All the items are not going --just some of them. Enough for me to notice that they're gone. So far it's just stuff from the shaping section. Some of it was Renderosity stuff and some of it things that I purchased here like some of the G2F shapes for G3F like Giselle 6  and Monique 6 but Victoria 6 is still there Basically I can tell the Sloshwerks Genesis 2 Legacies for Genesis 3 Female: Beauties has disappeared, as well as Genesis 2 Legacies for Genesis 3 Female: Stylish. I also noticed Xameva's G3F Ultimate Breast Morphs from renderosity disappeared from the shaping window. and I believe some of my character presets have disappeared as well but I haven't nailed down which ones of those don't appear to be there. 

    By

    will2power will2power April 2016 in The Commons
  • How to get better and faster renders with Iray?

    You can also try turning off the normal maps in the surfaces tab on you character if they have any. I doubt you will see any difference in the render results, and it should knock off a few minutes of render time. There is also that down sampling trick some people use: http://buerobewegt.com/quicktip-rendering-even-faster-in-iray/

    I decided to run a little down sample test since I have Girl 7. I used Tinkerbell Hair, which probably cut a little time as it is a simpler hair style. I just used all default iray settings for the basis of this test, adding mesh lights would add time. At 1300 x 2500, my GTX 670 2gb was able to render my test pic in exactly 6 minutes flat. (You can view the full image by opening the image in a new tab.)

    After that test, I tried down sampling. I rendered the exact same scene at 2000 x 4000, and stopped it at 56%, which was at the 3 minute mark. Then I went to Gimp and resized my picture to 1250 x 2500 (yeah, not exact.) The results were pretty much the same.

    So give down sampling a shot.. Just remember you still need to stay within your graphics card's vram. Go too big and the gpu will drop out, leaving the cpu to chug very, very slowly by itself.

    I also recommend the GTX 960 4gb. This assumes you budget is around $200. If that is more than you want to spend, I still recommend considering it. If Daz is something you are really interested in doing, you will thank yourself later. There just is no substitute for raw power when it comes to iray. Just remember to make sure whatever you get will fit your case and that your power supply can handle it. The GTX 670 I have is in the ball park with the 960 in power. I'm not sure how they compare in Daz, but as a gaming card, the 670 and 960 are actually close in some areas, with one card doing better than the other at certain games, but the 960 is generally better overall. So I'd wager a 960 would perform at least a little better for Daz, especially the 4 gb version. G3 characters take up a ton of vram, and having 2 gb is quite frustrating. As for me, personally, I am trying to hold out until the next Nvidia line up is released sometime this year. It is hard to recommend waiting, though, because we do not know when these will release. They likely will release the most powerful cards first, and the more main stream cards could be a while.

    On a side note, I happen to like Victoria 7's skin on Girl 7. I swapped the skins out in my test and downsampled the 2000 x 4000 original image to 1250 x 2500 like the ones above. I also turned off the normal maps, Vicky 7 happens to have a nice toggle built right in her material settings. This time, the render jumped to 64% before I even noticed it, which was right at 3 minutes. Again, the lighting here is just default iray. I suppose I could have tried working the lighting a bit. Of note, I did another render with more makeup, and it took 3.5 minutes to hit 52%, I didn't think the makeup would effect it that much! Perhaps that was an anomaly.

    By

    outrider42 outrider42 April 2016 in The Commons
  • Fit Control for Genesis3 (Commercial)

    I'm not sure of the difference between these Fit Control products and DAZ Studio 'AutoFit'? And if I buy the Genesis 3 Cross Figure product and the G3F Fit Control product does that essentially give me a G3M Fit Control product for free via the genesis 3 Cross Figure product?

    Auto-fit often leaves clothing that doesn't have "proper" support for the body shape used clinging to certain parts 9f the body; for example, use Victoria 7 then enlarge her breasts. The shirt that used to fit properly will start to cling    to the umdeeside of them and follow the contours of the body instead of hanging more loosely if it has been designed that way. While this actually is how real clothing will behave, despite some claims to the contrary, it's not desirable for a lot of users, which is where a product like Fit Control comes in.

    By

    Daywalker Designs Daywalker Designs April 2016 in Daz PA Commercial Products
  • Carrara Challenge #24: “Under the Sea” or "Out of the Box" - WIP Thread

    THIS TUTORIAL IS JUST FOR THE OLDER OBJECTS - YOU DON'T HAVE TO USE THEM

    Note - you able to "borrow" an existing skeleton.  For example, for a humanoid figure, you are able to load Michael 4 or Victoria 4, try to line up your model, and then use then attach the object to M4/V4 hip in the animation tab.  Then all you have to do is turn off visibility for M4 or V4.  Similarly, you can attach a 4 legged animal to the Daz millenium dog or millenium cat.

    Of course, people can use genesis, etc., but might be useful for the animals and nonhuman humanoids in the object browser.

    Now, that is "able to," whether you are allowed to or not is not up to me.

    All good yes

    By

    stringtheory9 stringtheory9 April 2016 in Carrara Discussion
  • Daz Transfer Utility moves shirt

    Lots of good information here mjc1016. I was just experimenting for personal work but thanks for the tip on not being able to sell if it turns out to be a quality item.  May I ask why you can not sell it if I load it into Blender and change it.  Isn't that how other figures are made like the girl?  they load in Victoria and change it. Note that I assuse that the girl is made from Victoria since ti requires it.

    Since we are on the subject, can you load say a victoria into Blender, model/morph it into a new charicter and sell that?

    Thanks for the info I am new to making characters

    By

    rfrydryckstudio rfrydryckstudio April 2016 in Daz Studio Discussion
  • Carrara Challenge #24: “Under the Sea” or "Out of the Box" - WIP Thread

    THIS TUTORIAL IS JUST FOR THE OLDER OBJECTS - YOU DON'T HAVE TO USE THEM

     

    Note - you able to "borrow" an existing skeleton.  For example, for a humanoid figure, you are able to load Michael 4 or Victoria 4, try to line up your model, and then use then attach the object to M4/V4 hip in the animation tab.  Then all you have to do is turn off visibility for M4 or V4.  Similarly, you can attach a 4 legged animal to the Daz millenium dog or millenium cat.

    Of course, people can use genesis, etc., but might be useful for the animals and nonhuman humanoids in the object browser.

    Now, that is "able to," whether you are allowed to or not is not up to me.

    By

    Diomede Diomede April 2016 in Carrara Discussion
  • Lack of realistic Asian female figure for Genesis 3 female

    Actually, there are a few Asian characters for G3F. There's Xin-Qian, and Natsumi and Atsuko. There's also Fukiko, but -- despite the Japanese name -- she doesn't look very Asian to me. If you want South Asian rather than East or South-East Asian, there's Priya.

    Pixeluna at RuntimeDNA has a character called Mitsuko for G3F. And as you may know, RuntimeDNA and DAZ have just merged, and Pixeluna's products are just starting to show up on the DAZ site. So maybe Mitsuko will be available through DAZ shortly?

    One thing I notice is that 'Asian' at the DAZ store almost always seems to mean 'Chinese' or 'Japanese'. South Asian figures like Priya are a definite rarity, and I can't think of any figures I've seen who looked like or were presented as, for example, Korean, Thai, Cambodian, or Vietnamese. Sometimes it feels a little like this King of the Hill sketch. 

     

     

    By

    bytescapes bytescapes April 2016 in The Commons
  • 3D Art Freebie Challenge ---April: “When I Grow Up I Want To Be A Woodland Fairy” (Entry Thread)

    Forest Fairies

    A little girl and her younger brother are walking in the forest and stumble upon the home of the forest fairies.

    Not counting: Genesis 2 Female & male, Toulouse Hair, Basic Hair

    # = requires free registration

    1) Forest #
    2) Large Morphing Mushroom Prop for Daz 4.6 #
    3) Fennja's Mushrooms #
    4) Wynter Fairy for V4 part 1 & 2 #
    5) Wynter Fairy Hair for V4 #
    6) Love Fairy Outfit #
    7) Love Fairy Character #
    8) Love Fairy Textures #
    9) fae flowery wand #
    10) SY Easy Godrays DS #
    11) Rainbow Sandals for Aiko3, Aiko3 LE, Genesis 1 & 2 #
    12) Genesis 2 Female Children's Dress #
    13) Genesis 2 Children #
    14) G2M Casual Shoes #
    15) Genesis 2 Male Casual Shirt & Trousers #
    16) Genesis 2 Male TShirts #

    Paid: V4 Hero Pro Pack (used for the render Victoria 4.2 figure and Shigi Hair)

     

    By

    Eurocoin Eurocoin April 2016 in Freebies
  • Weird Effect from Hexagon Bridge Morph for Victoria 7

    Hi Richard,

    Okay, zeroing the shape solved the problem. Now, how do I find that morph from another scene, so I can apply it to my Victoria 7-based character?

    Thanks,

    CrissieB

    By

    CrissieB CrissieB April 2016 in Technical Help (nuts n bolts)
Previous Next
Adding to Cart…

Daz 3D is part of Tafi

Connect

DAZ Productions, Inc.
7533 S Center View Ct #4664
West Jordan, UT 84084

HELP

Contact Us

Tutorials

Help Center

Sell Your 3D Content

Affiliate Program

Documentation Center

Open Source

Consent Preferences

JOIN DAZ

Memberships

Blog

About Us

Press

Careers

Bridges

Community

In the Studio

Gallery

Forum

DAZ STORE

Shop

Freebies

Published Artists

Licensing Agreement | Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | EULA

© 2026 Daz Productions Inc. All Rights Reserved.