• Daz 3D
  • Shop
  • 3D Software
    • Daz Studio Premier
    • Daz Studio
    • Install Manager
    • Exporters
    • Daz to Roblox
    • Daz to Maya
    • Daz to Blender
    • Daz to Unreal
    • Daz to Unity
    • Daz to 3ds Max
    • Daz to Cinema 4D
  • 3D Models
    • Genesis 9
    • Genesis 8.1
    • Free 3D Models
    • Game Ready
  • Community
    • Gallery
    • Forums
    • Blog
    • Press
    • Help
  • Memberships
    • Daz Premier
    • Daz Plus
    • Daz Base
    • Compare
  • AI Solutions
  • Download Studio
  • Menu
  • Daz 3D
  • Shop
  • 3d Software
    • Daz Studio Premier
    • Daz Studio
    • Install Manager
    • Exporters
    • Daz to Roblox
    • Daz to Maya
    • Daz to Blender
    • Daz to Unreal
    • Daz to Unity
    • Daz to 3ds Max
    • Daz to Cinema 4D
  • 3D Models
    • Genesis 9
    • Genesis 8.1
    • Free 3D Models
  • Community
    • Our Community
    • Gallery
    • Forums
    • Blog
    • Press
    • Help
  • Memberships
    • Daz Premier
    • Daz Plus
    • Daz Base
    • Compare
  • AI Solutions

Notifications

You currently have no notifications.

Loading...
Daz 3D Forums > Search
  • * CLOSED* RRRR Story Render Contest

    Diane was horrified to see that Michael had injured their pet buffalo when he tried to make him jump the end table in the basement.

    Here is my first panel.  I have put asterix next to the items used.

    ****222  American Bison    http://www.daz3d.com/american-bison

    ****1406  DH Basement  http://www.daz3d.com/dream-home-basement

    ****4379  R and R Time   http://www.daz3d.com/r-r-time

    5033  Spartan Warrior  http://www.daz3d.com/spartan-warrior

    5170  String Bikini for Victoria 6   http://www.daz3d.com/string-bikini-for-victoria-6

    6067  West Park Hydrotherapy   http://www.daz3d.com/west-park-hydrotherapy

    1958  Extravagance for Baroque Grandeur  http://www.daz3d.com/extravagance-for-baroque-grandeur

    1504  DH Great Room Breakfast Nook Legacy (?http://www.daz3d.com/dream-home-great-room-breakfast-nook ?)

    Also used, everyman hair for M4, Portia hair for G2F, Rattan carpet and sofa, Travelers foliage, afternoon heat for g2f, urban wear for M4

    By

    Diomede Diomede April 2016 in The Commons
  • mcjAutoLimb2015 - A Kind of IK System - G3 and G8 Workability Confirmed

    maybe i broke Gen2 compatibility when i introduced Gen3 compatibility 

    but nah, i recently used it on Aiko5 ... she's Genesis 2 i think

    i never really ascertained if my Gen2 figures were automatically converted to Gen3 when i installed Gen3 and/or Daz Studio 4.9

    so lets verify this

    --

    -1 load a Genesis 2 figure

    My DAZ 3D Library\People\Genesis 2 Female

    she doesnt have Aiko5 morphs, just Victoria 6

    - 2 - i select her index finger [3]

    3 - i start mcjAutoLimb2015

    4 - i exit mcjAutoLimb2015 

    this created a target node at the location of her index finger[3]

    and a 'pole vector' which indicates how the arm is twisted

    - 5 - i move the target node near A3's face

    - 6 - i select the target node, followed by the index finger[3] node

    - 7 - i use mcjAutoLimb2015 for the current frame

    it works !

    then using null nodes positioned on the "palm" of their finger tips as the 'targeters' you can do precision posing

     

     

     

     

     

     

     

    I'm trying to use this with a Gen 2 figure, but I can't seem to get it to work at all. Does this only work for Gen3? Should I be using an older version for Gen 2 figures?

     

    aiko 5 is a genesis 1 figure. aiko 6 is genesis 2.

    By

    Blood-PawWerewolf Blood-PawWerewolf April 2016 in Freebies
  • mcjAutoLimb2015 - A Kind of IK System - G3 and G8 Workability Confirmed

    maybe i broke Gen2 compatibility when i introduced Gen3 compatibility 

    but nah, i recently used it on Aiko5 ... she's Genesis 2 i think

    i never really ascertained if my Gen2 figures were automatically converted to Gen3 when i installed Gen3 and/or Daz Studio 4.9

    so lets verify this

    --

    -1 load a Genesis 2 figure

    My DAZ 3D Library\People\Genesis 2 Female

    she doesnt have Aiko5 morphs, just Victoria 6

    - 2 - i select her index finger [3]

    3 - i start mcjAutoLimb2015

    4 - i exit mcjAutoLimb2015 

    this created a target node at the location of her index finger[3]

    and a 'pole vector' which indicates how the arm is twisted

    - 5 - i move the target node near A3's face

    - 6 - i select the target node, followed by the index finger[3] node

    - 7 - i use mcjAutoLimb2015 for the current frame

    it works !

    then using null nodes positioned on the "palm" of their finger tips as the 'targeters' you can do precision posing

     

     

     

     

     

     

     

    I'm trying to use this with a Gen 2 figure, but I can't seem to get it to work at all. Does this only work for Gen3? Should I be using an older version for Gen 2 figures?

     

    By

    mCasual mCasual April 2016 in Freebies
  • Year 1: What is missing for G3F now ?
    • Armor that doesn't have boob cup chestplates. Think Captain Phasma than default Female Commander Shepard.
    • Flat/low-to-no heeled shoes
    • More non-white/Caucasian characters. Like, that have legit ethnic appearance to them and not the cheap cop-out of 'default Victoria 7 with a spray tan and/or a minor nose job with an ethnic-sounding name slapped on her' that's all over the place. Mei Lin 7 is a good start. Now do Monique 7 and/or an Indian or Native American/First Nations female next.
    • Loose fitting, baggy clothing. Like drapey t-shirts, honest-to-God sweatpants... that sort of thing.
    • Creature Creator morphs. Not crayola-colored skin tones with slightly pointed ears. I want beasts/anthros, demons, sea creatures (not Little Mermaid with shell bras and mildly dorsal fin ears), etc.
    • Fantasy armor that won't get her killed due to an arrow striking right through her bare skin.

    By

    Panzer Emerald Panzer Emerald April 2016 in The Commons
  • General installation question.

    Victoria 7 is a morph for Genesis 3 Female.  So Genesis 3 is all that is required for her.  So, no, the newest does not require the older versions.

    By

    mjc1016 mjc1016 April 2016 in New Users
  • General installation question.

    When I install a figure or genesis etc... If there are earlier versions, should I install all of them in order first, or just the latest one. For exanple Victoria 7.

    By

    JohnTE JohnTE April 2016 in New Users
  • Export MD (CLO3D) Clothes to DAZ3D , and posing.

     

    The obj import can be very finicky with textures...things like spaces in the names can prevent them from automatically importing.   As long as everything is properly UV mapped, then it's just a matter of going to the textureless surface, in the Surface tab and clicking on the little down arrow in Diffuse Color and navigating to the map location and picking it (repeat for any other maps, like bump, transparency, etc).

     

    Yes this happens almost all the time. It is properly mapped , however DAZ still ignores them when importing . And i end up with a blank textureless surface, where i have to rearrange the textures .I can't resize the textures in DAZ , or perhaps there is a way to resize them that i dont know of ? 

     

     

    For things to properly pose, they need to be rigged...and to be properly rigged, it is best to model the clothing to the base model...so if you are using Victoria 7, for example, you don't model to her...but rather Genesis 3 Female.  And in the default position...the t-pose that they load in.  Moving things around often throws off the auto-rigging...like in your image.  There are some options when rigging that may help, but please post your eacat sequence...and what options you do use.   Some screenshots of the process would be helpful, too.

     

    My exact sequence would be as above. I just checked my sequence and i actually used a Genesis 3 Female as base , not Victoria . Sorry about that 

    1. Export Avatar of MD in its default pose
    2. Load G3 Female in DAZ3D and Import MD's Avatar in its default pose
    3.  I would reposition my G3 Female model in DAZ3D to mimic the imported MD avatar.  
    2. Export the edited G3 Female model ,  and import it in MD . Then simulate the garment and the garment in MD would very well simulate it because the avatars pose's are alike
    3. Export the garment only in OBJ
    4. Bring the OBJ into DAZ3D and it would fit G3 Female 
    5. Edit hair , makeup of G3 Female
    6. Transfer morph of Genesis 3 Female to Garment OBJ by using Assets - > Transfer Utility

    Images are below. Is there anything i am doing wrong. 

    Instead of editing the avatar, should i edit the garment in MD instead , to fit G3 Female default pose? 

    (Images removed due to nudity.)

     

    By

    juzduit juzduit April 2016 in Daz Studio Discussion
  • 3D Art Freebie Challenge ---April: “When I Grow Up I Want To Be A Woodland Fairy” (Entry Thread)

    DAZ3D April, 2016 Freebie Challenge: "When I Grow Up I Want To Be A Woodland Fairy"

    Entry #2. The Dangers Of Being A Woodland Fairy

    It's not all a flight in the park.

    "Hey, wait a minute!", chimes in Vicki, "Great! I've come down to this now, have I? Featuring Victoria as a pair of protruding legs?"

    Rendered in DAZ Studio with 3Delight, no postwork

    No Counts: DAZ Genesis 3 Female (G3F Starter Essentials), G3F Head and Body Morphs
      
    Paid content: DAZ Victoria 7
    DAZ Victoria (for the protruding legs)  

    1. RDNA Sluggians by Traveler (Registration required)
    http://www.runtimedna.com/RDNA-Sluggians.html

    2. Night Wings by Prae
    http://freezone.thefantasiesattic.net/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=138_219&products_id=463

    3. Amy for Genesis 3 Female by Silver & Raziel
    DSCreative Magazine, Issue #13, July 2015, page 73.
    https://issuu.com/philatdsc/docs/ds_creative_13
    (head morph and texture)

    4. P3D Tara by P3Design
    DSCreative Magazine, Issue #18, December 2015, page 18.
    https://issuu.com/philatdsc/docs/ds_creative_18
    (body morph only used)

    5. Aditi Hair V4,A4,G4 by Propschick (Registration required)
    https://www.renderosity.com/mod/freestuff/aditi-hair-v4-a4-g4/61715

    6. Love Fairy - Outfit by Pretty3D (Registration required)
    http://www.artraiders.com/download_page.php?file_id=195

    7. In the Forest by Corbie (Registration required)
    http://www.sharecg.com/v/19470/browse/15/2D-Resources/In-the-Forest
    (background)

    8. FallenTree by FranOnTheEdge (Registration required)
    http://www.sharecg.com/v/3676/browse/5/3D-Model/FallenTree

    9. XfrogPlants Chestnut (Registration required)
    http://xfrog.com/product/EU43.html
    (for the bark texture on the fallen log)

    10. Tiling Texture Pack 17 by Yughues aka Nobiax (Registration required)
    http://www.sharecg.com/v/55336/related/6/Texture/Tilling-Texture-Pack-17
    (for the moss on the log - #91)

    11. Precious Mushrooms by rebelmommy (Registration required)
    https://www.renderosity.com/mod/freestuff/precious-mushrooms/59288

    12. Mushrooms by DennisH2010 (Registration required)
    http://www.blendswap.com/blends/view/62557

    13. Saxon3d Morphing Fae Leaf by Saxon3d (Registration required)
    https://www.renderosity.com/mod/freestuff/saxon3d-morphing-fae-leaf/71523

    14. The Snail of the Cemeteries by gabrima (Registration required)
    http://www.sharecg.com/v/20309/browse/11/Poser/The-Snail-of-the-Cemeteries

    15. Butterfly Figure by Age of Armour
    http://www.ageofarmour.com/3d/free/butterfly.php

    16. Mlw-butterflyMats by Mike (Registration required)
    http://www.sharecg.com/v/36437/browse/11/Poser/Mlw-butterflyMats

    17. Fern v2.1 (double-sided) by Yughues aka Nobiax (Registration required)
    http://www.sharecg.com/v/52199/browse/5/3D-Model/Fern-v2.1-double-sided

    18. Faerie Wings I for ALL figures by fabiana (Registration required)
    https://www.renderosity.com/mod/freestuff/faerie-wings-i-for-all-figures/59783
    (For Vicki)

    By

    SixDs SixDs April 2016 in Freebies
  • Brooklyn HD for Victoria 7

    Good day !

    I’m a newbie.

    I bought Brooklyn HD for Victoria 7 Compatible with Genesis 3 female.

    My goal is to create a woman bee.

    I need to add to Brooklyn bee wings and a belt-sting as in attachment.

    What is your advice ?

    Which kind of items I have to buy to achieve my goal

    I thank you in advance

    By

    deparis deparis April 2016 in Product Suggestions
  • 3D Art Freebie Challenge ---April: “When I Grow Up I Want To Be A Woodland Fairy” (Main Thread)

    DAZ3D April, 2016 Freebie Challenge: "When I Grow Up I Want To Be A Woodland Fairy"

    Entry #2. The Dangers Of Being A Woodland Fairy

    It's not all a flight in the park.

    "Hey, wait a minute!", chimes in Vicki, "Great! I've come down to this now, have I? Featuring Victoria as a pair of protruding legs?"

    Rendered in DAZ Studio with 3Delight, no postwork

    No Counts: DAZ Genesis 3 Female (G3F Starter Essentials), G3F Head and Body Morphs
      
    Paid content: DAZ Victoria 7
    DAZ Victoria (for the protruding legs)  

    1. RDNA Sluggians by Traveler (Registration required)
    http://www.runtimedna.com/RDNA-Sluggians.html

    2. Night Wings by Prae
    http://freezone.thefantasiesattic.net/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=138_219&products_id=463

    3. Amy for Genesis 3 Female by Silver & Raziel
    DSCreative Magazine, Issue #13, July 2015, page 73.
    https://issuu.com/philatdsc/docs/ds_creative_13
    (head morph and texture)

    4. P3D Tara by P3Design
    DSCreative Magazine, Issue #18, December 2015, page 18.
    https://issuu.com/philatdsc/docs/ds_creative_18
    (body morph only used)

    5. Aditi Hair V4,A4,G4 by Propschick (Registration required)
    https://www.renderosity.com/mod/freestuff/aditi-hair-v4-a4-g4/61715

    6. Love Fairy - Outfit by Pretty3D (Registration required)
    http://www.artraiders.com/download_page.php?file_id=195

    7. In the Forest by Corbie (Registration required)
    http://www.sharecg.com/v/19470/browse/15/2D-Resources/In-the-Forest
    (background)

    8. FallenTree by FranOnTheEdge (Registration required)
    http://www.sharecg.com/v/3676/browse/5/3D-Model/FallenTree

    9. XfrogPlants Chestnut (Registration required)
    http://xfrog.com/product/EU43.html
    (for the bark texture on the fallen log)

    10. Tiling Texture Pack 17 by Yughues aka Nobiax (Registration required)
    http://www.sharecg.com/v/55336/related/6/Texture/Tilling-Texture-Pack-17
    (for the moss on the log - #91)

    11. Precious Mushrooms by rebelmommy (Registration required)
    https://www.renderosity.com/mod/freestuff/precious-mushrooms/59288

    12. Mushrooms by DennisH2010 (Registration required)
    http://www.blendswap.com/blends/view/62557

    13. Saxon3d Morphing Fae Leaf by Saxon3d (Registration required)
    https://www.renderosity.com/mod/freestuff/saxon3d-morphing-fae-leaf/71523

    14. The Snail of the Cemeteries by gabrima (Registration required)
    http://www.sharecg.com/v/20309/browse/11/Poser/The-Snail-of-the-Cemeteries

    15. Butterfly Figure by Age of Armour
    http://www.ageofarmour.com/3d/free/butterfly.php

    16. Mlw-butterflyMats by Mike (Registration required)
    http://www.sharecg.com/v/36437/browse/11/Poser/Mlw-butterflyMats

    17. Fern v2.1 (double-sided) by Yughues aka Nobiax (Registration required)
    http://www.sharecg.com/v/52199/browse/5/3D-Model/Fern-v2.1-double-sided

    18. Faerie Wings I for ALL figures by fabiana (Registration required)
    https://www.renderosity.com/mod/freestuff/faerie-wings-i-for-all-figures/59783
    (For Vicki)

    Another great entry.

    All links verified.

    ENTRY ACCEPTED

    Please transfer to Entry Thread.

    By

    Kismet2012 Kismet2012 April 2016 in Freebies
  • 3D Art Freebie Challenge ---April: “When I Grow Up I Want To Be A Woodland Fairy” (Main Thread)

    DAZ3D April, 2016 Freebie Challenge: "When I Grow Up I Want To Be A Woodland Fairy"

    Entry #2. The Dangers Of Being A Woodland Fairy

    It's not all a flight in the park.

    "Hey, wait a minute!", chimes in Vicki, "Great! I've come down to this now, have I? Featuring Victoria as a pair of protruding legs?"

    Poor Vicki!  She's definitely had better days!  

    Thanks for cool links.  I don't know that I've seen the sluggians before... though considering how bloated my runtime is, I wouldn't be surprised if its already in there!  LOL

    By

    Sky77 Sky77 April 2016 in Freebies
  • 3D Art Freebie Challenge ---April: “When I Grow Up I Want To Be A Woodland Fairy” (Main Thread)

    DAZ3D April, 2016 Freebie Challenge: "When I Grow Up I Want To Be A Woodland Fairy"

    Entry #2. The Dangers Of Being A Woodland Fairy

    It's not all a flight in the park.

    "Hey, wait a minute!", chimes in Vicki, "Great! I've come down to this now, have I? Featuring Victoria as a pair of protruding legs?"

    Rendered in DAZ Studio with 3Delight, no postwork

    No Counts: DAZ Genesis 3 Female (G3F Starter Essentials), G3F Head and Body Morphs
      
    Paid content: DAZ Victoria 7
    DAZ Victoria (for the protruding legs)  

    1. RDNA Sluggians by Traveler (Registration required)
    http://www.runtimedna.com/RDNA-Sluggians.html

    2. Night Wings by Prae
    http://freezone.thefantasiesattic.net/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=138_219&products_id=463

    3. Amy for Genesis 3 Female by Silver & Raziel
    DSCreative Magazine, Issue #13, July 2015, page 73.
    https://issuu.com/philatdsc/docs/ds_creative_13
    (head morph and texture)

    4. P3D Tara by P3Design
    DSCreative Magazine, Issue #18, December 2015, page 18.
    https://issuu.com/philatdsc/docs/ds_creative_18
    (body morph only used)

    5. Aditi Hair V4,A4,G4 by Propschick (Registration required)
    https://www.renderosity.com/mod/freestuff/aditi-hair-v4-a4-g4/61715

    6. Love Fairy - Outfit by Pretty3D (Registration required)
    http://www.artraiders.com/download_page.php?file_id=195

    7. In the Forest by Corbie (Registration required)
    http://www.sharecg.com/v/19470/browse/15/2D-Resources/In-the-Forest
    (background)

    8. FallenTree by FranOnTheEdge (Registration required)
    http://www.sharecg.com/v/3676/browse/5/3D-Model/FallenTree

    9. XfrogPlants Chestnut (Registration required)
    http://xfrog.com/product/EU43.html
    (for the bark texture on the fallen log)

    10. Tiling Texture Pack 17 by Yughues aka Nobiax (Registration required)
    http://www.sharecg.com/v/55336/related/6/Texture/Tilling-Texture-Pack-17
    (for the moss on the log - #91)

    11. Precious Mushrooms by rebelmommy (Registration required)
    https://www.renderosity.com/mod/freestuff/precious-mushrooms/59288

    12. Mushrooms by DennisH2010 (Registration required)
    http://www.blendswap.com/blends/view/62557

    13. Saxon3d Morphing Fae Leaf by Saxon3d (Registration required)
    https://www.renderosity.com/mod/freestuff/saxon3d-morphing-fae-leaf/71523

    14. The Snail of the Cemeteries by gabrima (Registration required)
    http://www.sharecg.com/v/20309/browse/11/Poser/The-Snail-of-the-Cemeteries

    15. Butterfly Figure by Age of Armour
    http://www.ageofarmour.com/3d/free/butterfly.php

    16. Mlw-butterflyMats by Mike (Registration required)
    http://www.sharecg.com/v/36437/browse/11/Poser/Mlw-butterflyMats

    17. Fern v2.1 (double-sided) by Yughues aka Nobiax (Registration required)
    http://www.sharecg.com/v/52199/browse/5/3D-Model/Fern-v2.1-double-sided

    18. Faerie Wings I for ALL figures by fabiana (Registration required)
    https://www.renderosity.com/mod/freestuff/faerie-wings-i-for-all-figures/59783
    (For Vicki)

    By

    SixDs SixDs April 2016 in Freebies
  • Export MD (CLO3D) Clothes to DAZ3D , and posing.

    The obj import can be very finicky with textures...things like spaces in the names can prevent them from automatically importing.   As long as everything is properly UV mapped, then it's just a matter of going to the textureless surface, in the Surface tab and clicking on the little down arrow in Diffuse Color and navigating to the map location and picking it (repeat for any other maps, like bump, transparency, etc).

    For things to properly pose, they need to be rigged...and to be properly rigged, it is best to model the clothing to the base model...so if you are using Victoria 7, for example, you don't model to her...but rather Genesis 3 Female.  And in the default position...the t-pose that they load in.  Moving things around often throws off the auto-rigging...like in your image.  There are some options when rigging that may help, but please post your eacat sequence...and what options you do use.   Some screenshots of the process would be helpful, too.

    Yes, once the imported clothes are properly rigged it would be much easier to get them to 'play nice' with other items, although it may be best to originally model pants to fit over the boots you are intending to use with the outfit (less adjustments to make later).

    By

    mjc1016 mjc1016 April 2016 in Daz Studio Discussion
  • Export MD (CLO3D) Clothes to DAZ3D , and posing.

    Hey guys. This set of questions have probably been asked before but i couldn't get a concrete one just because the previous answers and tutorials on the web were of DAZ 4.5 , and im using 4.9.

    So i am basically using Clo3d (MD's version specially for clothing) to design my clothes , and pose them on an avatar in DAZ3d then render them. So my steps are below:

    1. Export Clo3D's Default Avatar (A-pose) to DAZ3D as OBJ
    2. Import Avatar as OBJ in DAZ3D
    3. Open the Victoria avatar in DAZ3D and mimic the body proportions so they are exactly the same as CLO3D
    4. Save edited Victoria as OBJ.
    5. Import Vicotria OBJ in Clo3D and simulate the clothes. 
    6. Export Clothes only from Clo3D as OBJ and Apply them in DAZ3D to the original Victoria avatar 
     

    Is this the most accurate way of doing it ? If so i do have some issues

    a) Most of the times textures of my simulated clothes dont appear in DAZ3D (I did select to save the textures in MD, i tried Unwelding the Objects, Not using Unified UV Maps) but nothing works.
    b) I change my poses in DAZ3D . So I would morph the obj clothes to Victoria . However i can never seem to get this with the Asset Transfer Utility. Once i use them i always get the clothes and the model out of prorportions, as shown in the image below

    c) Can i still use existing DAZ3D props such as boots / rings ? They seem to overlap with the current obj file. Like in this case, the pants would be above the boots. 

    I appreciate any kind help ! :)

    (Image removed for nudity.  Please read guidelines for nudity in the forums.  http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/3279/acceptable-ways-of-handling-nudity#latest ;)

    By

    juzduit juzduit April 2016 in Daz Studio Discussion
  • Dynamic Supersuit Set 3 The Mystics crash

    Why would daz 4.9 crash upon loading "Dynamic Supersuit Set 3 The Mystics" onto Michael or Victoria 5?

    By

    julianhwrd_d0b569a94d julianhwrd_d0b569a94d April 2016 in Daz Studio Discussion
  • Introduce Yourself, Hello, my name is.....

    hello all I just installed "Victoria 6 / Genesis 2 Female (s) High Heel Walk aniBlock" and I do not have the compleat bar in animate yet I installed with "DIM" what should I do?

    By

    carl_2568554 carl_2568554 April 2016 in New Users
  • Creating Autofit/clone/compatibility presets?

    Aeridis made a bunch of autofit clones for Star at ShareCG.

    http://www.sharecg.com/pf/full_uploads.php?pf_user_name=aeridis

    Be sure to get her Comet male morph as the download includes an assortment of male autofit clones.

    Apologies, I've only just seen your post.

    I've downloaded everything Aeridis has for Star. I wanted a G2M to Star! so Comet would have some clothes too.

    Plus, I'd love to make more clothes compatible for Star! in the future (like Aiko 5, Victoria 3 etc.)  :)

     

    By

    N-RArts N-RArts April 2016 in The Commons
  • Difference between HD addons and HD Characters

    I'm looking to pick up Victoria 7 and I want to get the most detailed result I can. As I was looking through the shop I noticed this HD add on package:

    http://www.daz3d.com/victoria-7-hd-add-on

    Now, I'm a little new at this so I'm trying to figure out what this is actually giving me over the base Victoria 7.  I'm assuming this doesn't modify the base geo and it doesn't look like it has any textures. Is this just a bump/normal map?

    There are also HD character packs such as this:

    http://www.daz3d.com/ronya-hd-for-victoria-7

    These seem to have all the textures materials and maps in 2k or 4k. Is there something similar for just Victoria?

    This is all a bit confusing and I'd appreciate any help!

     

    By

    miseryunited_0ef5408b30 miseryunited_0ef5408b30 April 2016 in The Commons
  • Making Clothes for Daz3d

    This was some great advice and links.  Thanks

    While most of these tutorial are for Genesis 2, are they any differnecs for Victoria 4?

     

    By

    guyon56_ed66db65e5 guyon56_ed66db65e5 April 2016 in The Commons
  • George HD

    It's Boss Hog! 

    Yep, that's definitely an instant purchase. The face alone is worth it. He would make an excellent villain in my stories. I encourage more characters that's different from the base models in the shop. I never purchase characters that are only slightly different from Genesis, Michael or Victoria. I mean, what's the point of that when you have plenty of morphs to make something unique yourself. 

    As for George, you would need to make specific clothing and textures for him to look real, so there's that.  But in a storyboard, you would never really show a character like this from head to toe.

    By

    MaxHancock MaxHancock April 2016 in The Commons
Previous Next
Adding to Cart…

Daz 3D is part of Tafi

Connect

DAZ Productions, Inc.
7533 S Center View Ct #4664
West Jordan, UT 84084

HELP

Contact Us

Tutorials

Help Center

Sell Your 3D Content

Affiliate Program

Documentation Center

Open Source

Consent Preferences

JOIN DAZ

Memberships

Blog

About Us

Press

Careers

Bridges

Community

In the Studio

Gallery

Forum

DAZ STORE

Shop

Freebies

Published Artists

Licensing Agreement | Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | EULA

© 2026 Daz Productions Inc. All Rights Reserved.