-
3D Art Freebie Challenge ---June:Dawn of a New Day... ENTRIES Thread
Dawn of Discovery
Bought:
- Victoria 7
Freebies:
- Fanatsy Crystal
- Girl's Necklace
- Jewelry Shaders
- Torn Shirt
- Cloth Shaders
- Woman's Anklet
- Chimpanzee
- Chimpanzee's Necklace
- Magpie
- Forest Shadows (last on the page)
- Vincent Hair
- Terrain (last on the page)
- Leaves
- Pose
- Sky
No Count:
- Undies (came with Genesis 3 Start Essentials)
My Entry (Click to see Full Size):
As requested in the Rules, image before Post Work:
Two character morphs with the same name - this why the morphs disappear when I close & re-open?I tried creating a new character from P3Design named Tara. Body & head morphs load up, customize her, then save. Upon re-opening later (merging into a scene) the morphs don't appear on the mesh - they say they are there, but don't seem to be applied. Move the morph dials, or use the remove & add morph DUFs nothing. Opened just the character file, same thing. Thinking something went wonky, started over from scratch again with the same results.
Could it be that I also have a character named Tara (from Kayless) with identical morph names? How can I fix it to use these characters?
http://www.daz3d.com/tara-sachra-hd-for-victoria-7
Adding MAT Texture to dressI could not find the dress; do you have a link to it?
Does the dress come with textures? Does it have presets to apply the textures? Are you trying to use Iray or 3DL? Chances are, if the dress is for Victoria 4, then the textures for it will be set up in 3DL and you'd have to convert for Iray. The same with Victoria herself.
Textures can be applied through the Surfaces tab. You select the dress, and in surfaces, you will see what surfaces the dress has. Diffusion is the color texture, there may also be textures for bump and other types. I don't know if you're trying to apply your own textures or what. Most models work best with textures that are 1:1. You would need to use the templates for the model and make textures in an image editor. You can often use seamless textures.
GENERAL FREEBIE REQUESTS Part 2I am wondering if someone could create some flared skirts, pleated skirts, and solid-colored sweaters with corresponding textures for Victoria 4.2 that they could provide for free? I can gladly provide some images of some examples.
Adding MAT Texture to dressOne thing, when you say Daz 3D, I think you actually mean Studio as Daz 3D is the company.
Which version of Studio are you using and what figure and dress are you working with? Is the texture one you made or where is it from?
I am using Victoria 4.2 figure in Daz Studio 4.9.
Just to clarify, how do I add the texture to the dress? The dress is called TropicalBreezes.
Adding MAT Texture to dressI use DAZ Studio 4.9, and I am using Victoria 4.2 Base.
And the dress I am trying to apply is called TropicalBreezes. If it is compatible with Victoria 4, is it also compatible with Victoria 4.2?
Hinky Punk - wonderful artistry and a question . . . .She makes a nice drow. Fits in well with all the dark elf skins I've aquired. Having a bit of trouble getting the variations to show though. It just does the standard image. Says something about not having Victoria 7 UVs... But I've tweaked it a little with diffuse. Definitely happy with her! I might be trying to put a story together with dark elves, so I'm looking forward to the male version too!
Product update: Modern Weapons Collection 1 (commercial item)Is that this one:
http://www.daz3d.com/scifi-weapons-collection
I'm getting excited.... :)
Thanks! I spend so much time updating hands and fingers for weapons and weapons pose sets for gen 3, that I swore not to buy anymore for previous generations because it is too time consuming.
Thanks for doing this.
For some reason I find doing hand poses for Genesis 3 a lot easier than for the earlier generations, Victoria 4 being the worst (although I can't really remember how it was with generation 3). That means that the Scifi Weapons Collection 1 will be updated in the near future

Kudos! Updating stuff like this really shows you to be a quality PA, thank you.
Thank you for your kind words!
Product update: Modern Weapons Collection 1 (commercial item)Thanks! I spend so much time updating hands and fingers for weapons and weapons pose sets for gen 3, that I swore not to buy anymore for previous generations because it is too time consuming.
Thanks for doing this.
For some reason I find doing hand poses for Genesis 3 a lot easier than for the earlier generations, Victoria 4 being the worst (although I can't really remember how it was with generation 3). That means that the Scifi Weapons Collection 1 will be updated in the near future

Kudos! Updating stuff like this really shows you to be a quality PA, thank you.
Thank you for your kind words!
ZDG random Daz Studio discoveries and questions.Well, I've managed to port my Paloma AltShader over to G3F's maps, and made some nifty icons for it. (I'm still working on this)

If you happen to have Paloma, it shouldn't be to difficult to load her AoA mats then using Ctrl + Left-click (Ignore Maps) to apply my Alt shader to her. Unfornately the eyes will be a tad more work, as some times maps get lost in the AoA-to-DazDefault shader conversion.

I would very much like to do more, tho I'm still thinking about options and considering a few different angles. Some where between not wanting to get on Fred's (and/or Sabby's) bad side, not having time to make shaders for every figure in the universe, and not wanting to play favorites. Favorites
, yea right (3DS, DES, EJ, Fred, Lyoness, OziChick, Sabby, Silver, etc etc etc). I may not have Favorite figure PAs, just Favorite Figures, lol.
And there is V7 with those same shader settings with V7's maps. It would take a little bit of adjustments, tho honestly not bad at all for setting up scenes without half-hour long face-plant times.

And regular G3F with the same AltShader with G3F's maps.

Yea, I know, yet another render with the same AltShader settings. Paloma with Paloma's maps.
V4 Pose Converter for Genesis 1 & Genesis 2 Female (Commercial)That's the Victoria 4 for Genesis 2 Female product, not something from the Victoria 4 figure.
V4 Pose Converter for Genesis 1 & Genesis 2 Female (Commercial)Is V4 Pose Converter for Genesis 1 and Genesis 2 Female version 1.1 the newest version? I reinstalled the program and am still getting the missing file message data/daz 3d/genesis 2/female/uv sets/daz 3d/Victoria 4/victoria 4.duf. Thanks.
GenX - Clone, Legacy, Shape. What's the difference?There is a menu where you can choose:
Victoria 4
Victoria 4 (Clone)
Victoria 4 (Legacy)
Victoria 4 (Shape)
Only the 1st one is clear. What others mean?
Also - what is conditional morphs and what is better to do with them? Thanks.
ZDG random Daz Studio discoveries and questions.Morning. I guess it is about that time, tho it was on the 23 rd rather then today, tho close enough as it was a long difficult few months to be honest. Constantly moving goalposts, or "Moving the goalposts" as some call it.

I do periodically look to see if Daz has gotten around to swapping out the broken zips or not, and that has been on going for quite some time now.

I have so many tickets that have fallen off the back of the zen desk, been kicked around the floor and probably forgotten about at this point, lol. Tho it is not all bad, some things have been fixed, and at least an attempt on other stuff has been made. Thank you Daz3d, DES, Fred, Fisty, Sabby, and SickleYield. The best advice I can give is, Do Not Get the Victoria 7 Pro Bundle. Just don't surrender...

I do not like playing games where I'm told something needs to fit a widget, and the shape of the widget is still being worked on. It's also kind of obvious that the PAs did not have enough time (If any) to verify there gizmo would work with the finale shape of the widget before the deadline. The Gizmo is no longer the PAs to work on, and Daz dose not have the resources to fix things after the deadline and launch date, so that is that. The system is broken, and it is producing broken stuff that will not or can not be fixed.
Case and point, Fred/Sabby have a FWSA Adaline zip with a working clothing projection shape thing, and for whatever reason that zip has yet to make it threw DIM to those of us that purchased the V7 Pro bundle. I do not know the status of Raziel & Silver's Summer (The other figure in the V7 Pro bundle), that ticket has fallen off the back of the zen desk, along with many others for outfits spanning the V7 pro bundle threw the TJ7 pro bundle. I stopped buying Pro bundles at that point, It's cheaper and less grief to just get the figures and very few select other items you are sure will work.On to happier thoughts. There is a couple of things that are very good and do work, and I will try to stick to that as much as I feel this is a time to morn for the PAs as much as it is a time to celebrate the new technology. The basic V7 figure, and the G3F morphs (Head and Body) is a far better starting combo then the V7 Pro Bundle, at this point in time.

So, while I fire up studio and look at the 'Base' V7 figure, and Krayon Hair (Two things that do work), Let me babble a bit about that ShareCG thing, lol. I know that the Opto-distort chair is not exactly a neutral style that will work in every scene, it was something I just had to do because it looked so wild. I still need to bake up some Iray mats for the SORH (with possibly new geometry for the glowing band zones), I will get to that some day. That Obelisk set needs to be redone, the geometry and lack of proper UV mapping is horrendous at best. And I can see the two most popular items are the G3F alt shader preset that I still need to fix the eyes on, and the Down-There shaping dials to tame the odd groin shape of G3F, lol. So I guess I have my work set out for me, lol.

1:30 FPT (Face-Plant Time). Total Rendering Time: 9 minutes 52.87 seconds.
Now I remember why I made that Alt Shader Preset, lol. Little did I know back then that AoA would become the "de facto shader" of choice, and when combined with HD figure morphs would result in Face-Plant times in unusable amounts of proportions, lol.

So I guess I have a project for today. It dose not look like V7 has pre-baked eyes that make it appear that she is rolling her eyes at you all the time. That set of Paloma eye presets I made has been a major time saver for me the past year (or so), I just need to re-save them using G3F's maps instead of Paloma's.

Something like that. I thought G3F had more eye colors then that, hmmm.
Is it possible to Clone a pose?I usually select the figure with the pose, click on Edit->Figure->Copy Seleted Items and then select the other figure and go to Edit->Figure->Paste Pose to Selected Items. Does that not work for you? Of course this only works for the same figure type (Genesis to Genesis or Genesis 2 Female to Genesis 2 (Male or Female)). Genesis to Victoria 4 wouldn't work like that (I guess, haven't tried it actually..mmmhh...).
From Russia for Rune 7I don't have time to test the 4 morphs included in Russia, without Rune 7; but I tested Anastasiya that is one of my favorite morphs. I didn't want to unistall Rune 7, so I applied Anastasiya Head morph first and then changed Rune 7 head dial back to zero (see screen capture attached).

Here is the result.

Thank you. It's in the cart, to be purchased as soon as DAZ gets the Victoria 7 freebie fixed...
Victoria 7 Starter BundleCan't seem to get the Victoria 7 Starter Bundle offer to work.
Double checked that there are no free or PC+ items in cart, order is above $50 after other discounts, opened and closed browser and removed cookies, cleared cache etc.
Any ideas?
V4 Skins Batch Converter to Genesis 2 Female(s)Keep in mind to use the V4 Skin Batch Converter the product Victoria 4 for Genesis 2 Female is required.
If you own both products maybe this post by the PA DraagonStorm is helpful: http://daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/726983/#Comment_726983
3D Art Freebie Challenge ---June:Dawn of a New Day... MAIN ThreadDawn of Discovery
Bought:
- Victoria 7
Freebies:
- Fanatsy Crystal
- Girl's Necklace
- Jewelry Shaders
- Torn Shirt
- Cloth Shaders
- Woman's Anklet
- Chimpanzee
- Chimpanzee's Necklace
- Magpie
- Forest Shadows (last on the page)
- Vincent Hair
- Terrain (last on the page)
- Leaves
- Pose
- Sky
No Count:
- Undies (came with Genesis 3 Start Essentials)
My Entry (Click to see Full Size):
As requested in the Rules, image before Post Work:
From Russia for Rune 7Hi Petercat, I will render a couple of samples for you with Victoria 7 and others. Here you have Russia skin applied to my character Akiko for Mei Lin.

Wow, love this! It reminds me of actress Summer Glau (Firefly)















