-
Nice sales - but what about folks who bought those pro packs already.
I'd go for the current sale if there was the same offer but on a different 7 series; now admitedly I have Victoria 7, but she is not my favourite of the 7 releases; if that is the case, surely she isn't the favourite of those that haven't also bought into G3, and more options would perhaps benefit Daz more, and may satisfy customer's needs?
Victoria is iconic, but this is mainly due to Victoria 4; next year when Victoria 8 may appear, I will wait - this is in part due to my preferring (at least) three of the later releases.
Perfect imperfectionsYour'e talking about Victoria 6 or 7, right? That modell will never, under no circumstances, be seen somehow less than perfect. Look for a more normal female. :-)
True Victoria's looks are perfect but she is an actress who plays a woman who bites her nails and shops at the local thrift store.
Vicky Arms Behind BackWhich is why it seems so odd that Vicky's limits don't allow it.
just as an fyi it's not a real world limitation, it's a limitation due to the construction and rigging of the victoria 4 model.
As shown in the example by nicstt, the joints deform in strange ways. this is called Mesh Break.
in a lot of cases this can't be overcome without breaking out the deformers or with post work(blech).
a solution available at the renderosity site is called Prefect v4, it creates custom morphs that correct a lot of the joint problems inherent in v4.
While it works within the limits of rotation it's a bit iffy when you exceed those limits.
Also clothing has a major GTH when using it, so you'll probably have to spend time adjusting morph dials, or using smothing modifiers.
Worst case scenario you wind up posing the clothing seperate from the character. It's weird but works.
Carrara Sale Email Message Alert threadCarrara 8.5 Standard and Pro are still 70% off:
http://www.daz3d.com/fast-grab-3d-models/
Any purchase over 50$ also gets Victoria 7 starter bundle for free (though it does not work in Carrara, just in Daz Studio):
Transfer Utility distortionHello-
Using DS 4.9.2.70 Pro 64bit
I've created a simple obj. collar for Victoria 5 Super Model (Genesis) in Hexagon. Imported to DS (I did not use the DS/Hexagon bridge) and fitted to Victoria. But, after applying the Transfer Utility, the little balls at the bottom of my model are mangled.
Similar balls hanging in the back and roughly corresponding in position to these in the front, are NOT mangled and transform nicely.
Thanks in advance to anyone who can shed light on this problem!
Perfect imperfectionsYour'e talking about Victoria 6 or 7, right? That modell will never, under no circumstances, be seen somehow less than perfect. Look for a more normal female. :-)
V4 Skins Batch Converter to Genesis 2 Female.....Create a new Subfolder in your DAZ Library. Start the Script ( DAZ Studio Formats => My Library => Scripts => Victoria 4 Skins Batch Converter ). Follow these steps:
- Point to the subfolder you created
- Point to the folder where the material presets are located
- Convert the files
Perfect imperfectionsWe could use dirt under fingernails too, for when Victoria has been gardening without her gloves on, and watermarks at the bottoms of jeans and trousers to suggest that she's just been out in the rain and splashed by passing prams and pushchairs etc. Or maybe just a tidemark round her neck to show that soap and water is not her first priority!
It's not V4 customers DAZ needs to capture.While I do agree that advancement simply for the sake of advancement is unnecessary and annoying, I can tell you that form my perspective that isn't what we're looking at here.
If you really, really want the figure to do something, and it can't (or struggles to) and you know how to solve it, then it is worthy of looking at adnvancing. Genesis 2 really struggled with good expressions. The teeth looked weird. The hands and feet needed to be improved. The spine and overall core struggled to show certain poses and movements. The ability to leverage the figure in other software platforms left a lot to be desired as it was so off from many standards of 3D software.
We knew how to fix those things. We knew how to make a figure that could be more expressive, more realistic, and move better. I don't hink that was a wrong step.
Similarly, if you look at the general quality of renders in the Gallery pre Iray vs. Post Iray it has hard to argue with the improvement.
As for the changes that 4.9 brings over 4.8, and the move toward Daz Connect, the most common problem that customers contact support with is troubles installing and finding their content. We are (and will continue to) makign improvements to try to make that easier, while we try to balance that wih not hurting the experience of long time customers.
These things are not just advancement for the sake of advancement. They are improvments based on needs. I'm not apologetic that we are always updating. I'd be worried if we weren't.
I hate to disagree, but I do not see improvements in the Genesis 3 products. I also find the new bones in the face of Genesis 3,makes a mess of expressions. When Genesis 3 bends there are all sorts of surface distortions that are just like Victoria 4, so no I don't see much improvements in the bending technology. Daz Connect is not an improvement, it is just DRM. Smart Content is a improvement, Daz Installer is an improvement, Iray is an improvement. I do purchase Genesis 3 male and female products because of the Iray textures but avoid your Daz Connect because it is not an improvement over DIM. I like DIM because it gives me the control over content that I need, and I'm willing to pay for that option. I'm not apposed to Daz Connect or it's cheap products becasue it is a benefit to those who can't afford the higher prices. Connect provides newer products at lower prices, but at a cost of control. I also like your Fast Grab consequently, I make alot of purchases from there as well. So just because it is good for the company does not make it good for the customer. Just my 2 cents
+1
but expecially this part: "Daz Connect is not an improvement, it is just DRM"
It's not V4 customers DAZ needs to capture.G2F/Victoria 6 debuted in June 2013. Two years later (to the month) G3F/Victoria 7 debuted. Michael 7 debuted two years (to the month) after Michael 6. Thus, we can presume that a year or so from today, G4F/Victoria 8 will debut. I would like to see the time decreased between the release of female and male bases, but I have no illusions about this either. Iray does photorealism better than 3Delight; so, everyone who is seeking that is going to be pleased with the direction Daz is taking, and it is easier to get to painterly from photorealism than vice versa. Daz rules this little entry level 3D art game, and their (mostly) benevolent monopoly is serving the needs of their most financially vocal customer base.
It would be great if Dimension3D, Cayman Studios, and Zev0 were given the first copies of G4F/M available so we wouldn't have to wait so long for morph/texture compatibility next time, although I am not saying that Daz is responsible for the delay in utility availability.
The OceanQueen Megabundle question - *pose and texture the dragon plus missing files updateYes I got the victoria 4 outfit, the dragon with no textures and no wing sails, the saddle and harness and no Michael 4 outfit or textures. But it looks really cool when it all shows up.
It's not V4 customers DAZ needs to capture.While I do agree that advancement simply for the sake of advancement is unnecessary and annoying, I can tell you that form my perspective that isn't what we're looking at here.
If you really, really want the figure to do something, and it can't (or struggles to) and you know how to solve it, then it is worthy of looking at adnvancing. Genesis 2 really struggled with good expressions. The teeth looked weird. The hands and feet needed to be improved. The spine and overall core struggled to show certain poses and movements. The ability to leverage the figure in other software platforms left a lot to be desired as it was so off from many standards of 3D software.
We knew how to fix those things. We knew how to make a figure that could be more expressive, more realistic, and move better. I don't hink that was a wrong step.
Similarly, if you look at the general quality of renders in the Gallery pre Iray vs. Post Iray it has hard to argue with the improvement.
As for the changes that 4.9 brings over 4.8, and the move toward Daz Connect, the most common problem that customers contact support with is troubles installing and finding their content. We are (and will continue to) makign improvements to try to make that easier, while we try to balance that wih not hurting the experience of long time customers.
These things are not just advancement for the sake of advancement. They are improvments based on needs. I'm not apologetic that we are always updating. I'd be worried if we weren't.
I hate to disagree, but I do not see improvements in the Genesis 3 products. I also find the new bones in the face of Genesis 3,makes a mess of expressions. When Genesis 3 bends there are all sorts of surface distortions that are just like Victoria 4, so no I don't see much improvements in the bending technology. Daz Connect is not an improvement, it is just DRM. Smart Content is a improvement, Daz Installer is an improvement, Iray is an improvement. I do purchase Genesis 3 male and female products because of the Iray textures but avoid your Daz Connect because it is not an improvement over DIM. I like DIM because it gives me the control over content that I need, and I'm willing to pay for that option. I'm not apposed to Daz Connect or it's cheap products becasue it is a benefit to those who can't afford the higher prices. Connect provides newer products at lower prices, but at a cost of control. I also like your Fast Grab consequently, I make alot of purchases from there as well. So just because it is good for the company does not make it good for the customer. Just my 2 cents
V4 Pose Converter for Genesis 1 & Genesis 2 Female (Commercial)I am using Daz 4.9.2.70. When I looked for the victoria 4.dsf file, I found it in data/daz 3d/genesis/female/uv sets/daz3d/base/Victoria 4/victoria 4.dsf. That was when I was using Windows 7 Pro, I have "upgraded" to Windows 10 Pro and can no longer find many of the Daz3d files, though the program overall runs the same. The error message was occurring when I was on Windows 7 Pro also.
ZDG random Daz Studio discoveries and questions.In unrelated news. I just ordered a GT740 instead of a second GT730 card. They both have the same number of CUDA cores, so it should be a good test to see how they do with one or the other driving the monitors. All the other cards I could locate that were Iray capable either had less then 4GB of ram, or exceeded what I was willing to spend (Watts and funds) for an experiment with only 4GB on them.
Alt Shaders. I thought I had made a separate set of presets for Yulia with different color and strength settings. Tho it appears the Paloma settings I conjured up was what I had used for her. I'll do another render or a few after it cools down a bit in here. I'm sure I have completely different settings for the EJ figures, and possibly for some of LY's figures also, I'll look at setting up a G3F variant of those as well.
Swimsuits that fit G3F figures, there are a few that do work. Sorbet Swimwear by Lilflame (used in a few Promos around), Tantalizing by Lilflame (even tho it's not exactly a swimsuit, close enough), and Strappy Bikini by Fisty. They all work incredibly well, and fit most figures I've tried them on with no grief at all. Again, renders are pending lower thermals in here. BTW, if your looking for "Skirt Protection" that works, get that Yulia outfit, The "Yulia Panties" are the best so far for not poking threw skirt waist lines and actually fit G3F figures with no grief at all that I've experienced thus far.
(EDIT)
Ah, what Richard typed sounds correct, even tho my brain crashed on the last bit. The entire HD thing is kind of beyond my knowledge. So I'm even less sure now what the difference is between a regular Sub-D figure and an HD figure, if there both limited by the mesh density set by a shader instead of a shaping dial
(Ha? What? How many cookies!?). I look at HD stuff like many look at Microwave circuits, Don't question how it works because it's **** Magic.The 4th of July saleSo ... If I want several of the 'free' v4 things, I need to buy three 'freeing victoria 4' several times by checking out after every three plus the freebie. Right?
Or can I just add a freebie to the same cart for every three 'freeing victoria 4' items in the cart?
You need to split up your orders. There is only one free item per order even if you have more than 3 of the items required for the free one.
The 4th of July saleSo ... If I want several of the 'free' v4 things, I need to buy three 'freeing victoria 4' several times by checking out after every three plus the freebie. Right?
Or can I just add a freebie to the same cart for every three 'freeing victoria 4' items in the cart?
Perfect imperfectionsSometimes the 3d figures are too perfect. How about nails that are not well manicured? Nails that were once painted two weeks ago but the polish is coming off slowly? Nail morphs to make the nails looked chewed on or other reasons they are not perfect. Nail polish that is sloppily put on with polish on the skin and parts of the nails not have polish.
Make up that is put on too quickly and a tad sloppy with hair that has not seen a brush this morning or maybe yesterday?
What else could be done to make Victoria look sloppy? Dirty clothes with holes in them? By the way where are all the frumpy clothing that is full of wrinkles and messiness?
V4 Pose Converter for Genesis 1 & Genesis 2 Female (Commercial)It is looking for the Victoria 4 UV set for Genesis 2 Female, http://www.daz3d.com/victoria-4-for-genesis-2-female
It's not V4 customers DAZ needs to capture.I mean the customer has tons of money to spend on the hardware to drive the ultra hi res stuff being sold here storewide all the sudden. It's like it went from hobbyist to a production company spending level overnight
However it's the customers that drive the demand, so if customers didn't want better figures and iray shaders none of the new stuff would sell and we'd still be using the older generation figures and more 3Delight sets. As Wolf said everyone is free to set their own pace; however, it wouldn't be fair to ask others to slow down because you feel the pace is too fast for your needs.
No - the store pushes IRAY no matter what because they BOUGHT a license for it and need to make a profit from that investment ( regardless of customer needs) and the store pushes IRAY. Lie to me sweetly and tell me business happens without investment and profit in kind.
No, customers want iray. That's what brought a lot of people over to use DS, combined with Victoria 7. And yes DAZ3D is a business and businesses are supposed to cater to the customers. They won't fill everyone's needs like, like me trying to by another mac computer because it is too thin and underpowered to do my work. That doesn't mean that they are going out of business or not listening to their customer's needs. Most of their customers want thin, light, portable machines and that's what they provide. Are they concerned about my 3D rendering on a mac? Not really because that's not who they are targeting. Can't be mad at them at that though.
I applaud you're never ceasing support for DAZ Male M3dia. One would think you were getting paid yourself to defend them.
I wish I was getting paid. I simply like the guys they make and they're easy for me to make what I want with them. To be honest, if all I saw was a picture of Ryan in a speedo instead of Michael 4 in an ad to try to use, I would still be up in the VIP lounge with all those boys and porn stars, giving them backrubs instead of purchasing licenses for zbrush to make products. ;)
GENERAL FREEBIE REQUESTS Part 2I am wondering if someone could create some flared skirts, pleated skirts, and solid-colored sweaters with corresponding textures for Victoria 4.2 that they could provide for free? I can gladly provide some images of some examples.
Look for Jan19's dresses on ShareCG, and TrekkieGrrrl's Librarian set for V4 (either on ShareCG or www.trekkiegrrrl.dk).















