• Daz 3D
  • Shop
  • 3D Software
    • Daz Studio Premier
    • Daz Studio
    • Install Manager
    • Exporters
    • Daz to Roblox
    • Daz to Maya
    • Daz to Blender
    • Daz to Unreal
    • Daz to Unity
    • Daz to 3ds Max
    • Daz to Cinema 4D
  • 3D Models
    • Genesis 9
    • Genesis 8.1
    • Free 3D Models
    • Game Ready
  • Community
    • Gallery
    • Forums
    • Blog
    • Press
    • Help
  • Memberships
    • Daz Premier
    • Daz Plus
    • Daz Base
    • Compare
  • AI Solutions
  • Download Studio
  • Menu
  • Daz 3D
  • Shop
  • 3d Software
    • Daz Studio Premier
    • Daz Studio
    • Install Manager
    • Exporters
    • Daz to Roblox
    • Daz to Maya
    • Daz to Blender
    • Daz to Unreal
    • Daz to Unity
    • Daz to 3ds Max
    • Daz to Cinema 4D
  • 3D Models
    • Genesis 9
    • Genesis 8.1
    • Free 3D Models
  • Community
    • Our Community
    • Gallery
    • Forums
    • Blog
    • Press
    • Help
  • Memberships
    • Daz Premier
    • Daz Plus
    • Daz Base
    • Compare
  • AI Solutions

Notifications

You currently have no notifications.

Loading...
Daz 3D Forums > Search
  • Genesis 3 add on worth it?

    Are you asking for a pic of the Genesis 3 Base and the base with the Victoria morph dialed up?  You have Genesis 3 Female, from what you said, so you know what that looks like.  http://www.daz3d.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/0/1/01-daz3d_victoria-7_.jpg is what the Victoria morph looks like.  Were you looking for something else?

    By

    Cris Palomino Cris Palomino August 2016 in New Users
  • Genesis 3 add on worth it?

    Victoria Genesis 3

     

    Thanks!

     

    By

    Super cheese sandwich Super cheese sandwich August 2016 in New Users
  • PA Has Questions as to Your Figure Choices & Posing Interests

    I think "Do you use the Base Figure or Characters to Start?" should use checkboxes. Or at least have an Other, where I can mention how I use the figures and characters. (Sometimes I start with the base Genesis 2/3 figure, sometimes I start with a named figure or character. Sometimes I dial in morphs to change the looke of the character, etc.)

    Also, my answers are the same whether I'm using male or female models: I do buy poses, (they make a great starting point;) I prefer buying realistic everyday poses; I use Genesis 2 and Genesis 3 roughly the same percentage, I use Genesis but not nearly as often as the later generations; More often than not, I do not start with the base figure, or Michael/Victoria, but I do from time to time. I usually load the figure I'm planning on using, then tweak the morphs to get the look I'm going for. With the ladies, that often means dialing down the size of the breasts.

    By

    L'Adair L'Adair August 2016 in Daz PA Commercial Products
  • Tween Julie 7

    @lx  "Then again I just fired up Josie 7 and realised that despite how nice I think she looks overall, her skin material is very sallow brown 'Victoria 7' looking by default."

    Here are 2 Josie 7 renders with the default "all maps" skin. HDRI lighting. No adjustment of anything. Looks pretty good to me.

     Is this the tone you see?

    Yeah that's the same as what I get. The texture is fine but the colour feels a bit desaturated for me (of course this is just opinion; I'm not trying to say Josie is a bad character. She's actually one of my favourites, I just rarely use her skin because the oldest Genesis 3 characters all seem to have those same settings hence all the complaints people used to make.)

    Looking at some more renders of Julie I think my issue with her texture is that the eyebrows are very distinctly done, but since they're a texture they're completely flat. I don't know if there was ever a good or at least realistic solution to this, it's just what I think when I look at it. I think that Julie 7 looks more related to Josie 6 than 7.

    Basically I don't think these are issues with character creation just my reception to them.

    The lack of morphs that Julie 5 had is an objective downside though.

     

     

    p.s. I also have the thumb bounding box issue on Julie 7.

    By

    lx_2807502 lx_2807502 August 2016 in The Commons
  • Tween Julie 7

    @lx  "Then again I just fired up Josie 7 and realised that despite how nice I think she looks overall, her skin material is very sallow brown 'Victoria 7' looking by default."

    Here are 2 Josie 7 renders with the default "all maps" skin. HDRI lighting. No adjustment of anything. Looks pretty good to me.

     Is this the tone you see?

    By

    fastbike1 fastbike1 August 2016 in The Commons
  • Tween Julie 7

    Just did a quick comparison of all the official teens/young teens/tweens.

    This is definitely the best young one since the original Julie, though I have to second everyone who's asked what's up with her lips.

    Interesting, thanks. I love comparison shots!

    I don't know if I agree with the statement since it's hard not to be the best young one since the last Julie when she's the only young one since then. The teens are designed to be teens and are mostly pretty good at that.

    I think she's pretty good overall - however the lack of the custom breast settings (default zero and then multiple custom breast sliders) the way Julie 5 had severely limits her functionality.

    Looking at the comparison reminds me she has that same unfortunate texture look that Josie 6 had which was why I never bought Josie 6. I can't even explain what it is exactly, but the textures both have this same not quite right feeling to me. Then again I just fired up Josie 7 and realised that despite how nice I think she looks overall, her skin material is very sallow brown 'Victoria 7' looking by default.

    It's a common problem for a lot of textures; dialing it down is easy enough, and also it's worth checking if the shader is still 4.8. or 4.9; in TJ's case it has been updated I noticed when just loading it in; last time I used the textures they were still set to 4.8, but that is also easy enough.

     

    By

    nicstt nicstt August 2016 in The Commons
  • Tween Julie 7

    Just did a quick comparison of all the official teens/young teens/tweens.

    This is definitely the best young one since the original Julie, though I have to second everyone who's asked what's up with her lips.

    Interesting, thanks. I love comparison shots!

    I don't know if I agree with the statement since it's hard not to be the best young one since the last Julie when she's the only young one since then. The teens are designed to be teens and are mostly pretty good at that.

    I think she's pretty good overall - however the lack of the custom breast settings (default zero and then multiple custom breast sliders) the way Julie 5 had severely limits her functionality.

    Looking at the comparison reminds me she has that same unfortunate texture look that Josie 6 had which was why I never bought Josie 6. I can't even explain what it is exactly, but the textures both have this same not quite right feeling to me. Then again I just fired up Josie 7 and realised that despite how nice I think she looks overall, her skin material is very sallow brown 'Victoria 7' looking by default.

    By

    lx_2807502 lx_2807502 August 2016 in The Commons
  • August "Diva" sale comment, for what it is worth>>

    Be aware that you may already own this hair even though it may not be shown as "purchased":

    http://www.daz3d.com/gwen-hair-for-genesis-3-and-2-female-s-and-victoria-4

    It was relased earlier as a version for "Genesis, Genesis 2 Female, Victoria 4, Aiko 4" which is no longer in the store.

     

    By

    Taoz Taoz August 2016 in The Commons
  • HD Morphs

    From what I have seen of Vilter's Blender tutorial, it looks like it should in principle be possible make more realistic animatable expression morphs that way, and also combine them in the timeline(?). Or is that incorrect?

     

     

    I can only answer for Poser. But, it's possible to create morphs and to combine them and key them to just about anything, from dialspins to joint movement. For instance, you could easily load up a figure, sub-d it if you wish, set the "smile" morph to 1, use the morph tool and create a new morph called "smile-wrinkles" and then add wrinkles using the morph tool. (Note: If you create a morph on a sub-d'd version of the figure, you can either have that morph only active when the figure is sub-d'd at that particular level of you can order Poser to populate lower resolutions of that morph so approximations of it will be apparent in all resolutions of the mesh. Very handy for distance shots when you don't need a hi-res mesh.) Once you're done with your new morph, that is especially crafted to be used in tandem with the smile morph at its setting of 1, then you simply right-click on the "smile-wrinkles" morph you just created and associate it with being controlled by the "smile" morph. Then use the "Teach" function to set the morph to the proper settings to use as the original "smile" morph is activated. You can even go in and edit the progressive "curve" function to limit the smile-wrinkle morph or even increase it, depending upon whatever strength the original "smile" morph is set.

    In Poser 11 Pro, it's ludicrously easy to create quality controlled morphs that can give you the figure reponse that you want. In Poser, in case you're wondering, it's also possible to animate textures.(That's been around for a very long time in old versions of Poser) Other advanced features like geometry switching and the like are also available and have been for a great while.

    Poser 11's Morph Tool seems much better than previous versions, to me. I do a great deal of morphs in other applications, but I find myself more and more often using Poser's Morph tool to fine-tune the finished product. All in all, I'm extremely happy with Poser 11 Pro's features in this regard and, to be honest, in a great many other things that it brings to the table. (Poser 11 Pro)

    Disclaimers: I do not work with Genesis figures. I work almost exclusively with the Victoria 4 mesh and associated figures when creating morphs for human figures in Poser. I also do not use the native Poser 11 figures because... Well, they're just not very realistic looking and do not handle and deform as well as a tweaked V4 figure/mesh. Though, the native Poser 11 figures now also include new bones in the face (A bunch!) and allow for all sorts of manipulation of expressions, on the fly, using the included handles. (I'm going to try to re-rig a V4 figure to see if I can add that functionality without borking up any conforming products. :) )

    By

    Morkonan Morkonan August 2016 in Poser Discussion
  • Animation vs Still Art?

    This is what gets me then.  When Daz does their promo spots and the like what the hell are they using to animate with since their animations tend to be smooth as silk?
    And don't get me wrong.  I've never considered using Daz as an animation tool, not when you have dedicated software specifically for animation out there that is available to anyone who wants learn,  but I have seen fantastic animation that was purported to have been done with Daz that was as good as stuff I've seen done with Hi-end software.  So it's understandable how I can assume it's the users and not necessarily the tool itself that is a major factor in the end results.  In filmwork I've discovered that necessity oft-times causes non-professionals to be more ingenious than people who have other options.  It has nothing to do with how many work arounds or extra work you might have to do to get the same results, if it's all you've got then you do it; simple as that.  I don't knock filmmakers who use DSLRs, or DSLRs because I've never "had" to use one; therefore I never had to get serious about learning the intricacies of DSLR filmmaking.  Just saying if you're a Disney animator using Maya and Renderman,  Daz is simply going to be a hobby for you, why would it ever occur to you to learn to use it the way a person would who can't afford Maya or the like?

     

    Daz properly used the Genesis 3 Female(s) & Victoria 7 High Heel Walk aniBlock

    which is great if the only thing you want its girls strutting around in High heels.

     

     These walk cycles are better more cat like in movements  ,Sexy Walk Cycle for Genesis 3 Female(s)

    But then again not really useful if you want to use it for a kid or teen walking down the street.

     

    But I will give a big thumbs up to Posermocap for Ambient Moves Volume 1.  which is for both g2 nd g3 .  Though I'll be honest i only tested them with g3 and have use them more for genesis 2  because that is what I have been working with mostly

    By

    Ivy Ivy August 2016 in The Commons
  • GenX2 Update / Genesis 3 Add-On [Commercial]

    I have attempted to load a Poser Michael 4 character using the methods described in the genx2.pdf.  I dragged and dropped the INJ file (.pz2) to the Transfer tab without success. I tried the Load Figure button and the log said This is not a valid figure, (the default file type was .cr2). The Apply Pose button is italicized and dimmed/grayed out. 

    I can load the figure onto Michael 4 with no problem. I just can't get GenX2 to recognize the .pz2. What have I missed?

    I have loaded Michael 4 / Victoria 4 characters into GenX2 before, but they were in the native Daz3D Library, not the Poser folder.

    I had to File > Export > .cr2 the M4 shape so that GenX2 would accept it. I found clues here and here.

     

    By

    xyer0 xyer0 August 2016 in Daz PA Commercial Products
  • Muscle map for genesis models

    Thanks for reply - sorry I missed it until now

    What is the original genesis model ? - the naming system is confusing. I find I have Michael 3 and Victoria 3.

    Also I cant find a coherent explanation on what the difference is between the model versions

     

    x

    The original Genesis (Michael 5 and Victoria 5 are characters you can purchase separately for it) comes free with DAZ Studio, as do the Genesis 2 and Genesis 3 male and female figures. You'll find them on the same page as DAZ Studio in your product library. 

    Genesis (the original, without a number after its name)  can use texture from Michael 4 and Victoria 4 directly; the Genesis 2 & 3 figures need add-ons to do this. Yiu should be able to purchase the M4/V4 muscle maps and use them with no problems on Genesis.

    Each generation adds some improvements over previous generations. Realism and bending are two things that come to mind. You should experiment with the Genesis base figures, since they're free, and see if they meet your needs.

    By

    riftwitch riftwitch August 2016 in The Commons
  • Muscle map for genesis models

    Thanks for reply - sorry I missed it until now

    What is the original genesis model ? - the naming system is confusing. I find I have Michael 3 and Victoria 3.

    Also I cant find a coherent explanation on what the difference is between the model versions

     

    x

    By

    george_kilibarda_83fa5dfef3 george_kilibarda_83fa5dfef3 August 2016 in The Commons
  • Show Us Your Iray Renders. Part V

    I tried my luck with the ever original render of an archer about to shoot an arrow.

     

    Great DOF! I'm still having problems getting that right... And beautiful character. Is that an existing character or one you morphed?

     

    Thanks! She's Victoria 7, I'm pretty sure is the default character.

    Really? She looks younger... Maybe it's the expression that makes her look different. She reminds me of a young Brooke Shields here.

    By

    Wonderland Wonderland August 2016 in The Commons
  • Show Us Your Iray Renders. Part V

    I tried my luck with the ever original render of an archer about to shoot an arrow.

     

    Great DOF! I'm still having problems getting that right... And beautiful character. Is that an existing character or one you morphed?

    Thanks! She's Victoria 7, I'm pretty sure is the default character.

    By

    Rafmer Rafmer August 2016 in The Commons
  • Saving a character morph as a dial preset

    I'm looking to save a custom character for G2F as a dial. I've seen methods that save your character with other morphs listed in it, but I'm looking to save it as one singular dial.  For example when you load G2F and you can move a dial to 1.0 and you get Victoria 6 or move another to get Mei Lin 6. It should be of note that this character is 100% for my own personal use, it won't be sold or distrubted for free to anyone else. This is so I can easily save and backup my character on another hard drive without copying over all of my daz runtime. 

    Is there an easy to read guide out there that will accomplish this? And where would the actual morph be saved so I can back it up. (Months ago I saw guide about the morph loader that when I tried it, saved a close but imperfect version of the character. I have no idea if that was the guide or my failure to understand it)

    By

    Celexa Celexa August 2016 in Technical Help (nuts n bolts)
  • Brother and sister characters

    You could try mixing the same head morphs with Genesis Generation X2 with Genesis 3 addon which to me is a must have product beyond just this scenario. For examply apply 30-50% Victoria head morph to the Male base. The male base will look I like victoria counterpart but the male will have male features like the stronger jawline. You can also do the same vice versa or have a mix of 2 heads on both models with varying percentages.

    By

    Rodrij Rodrij August 2016 in Daz Studio Discussion
  • Released! - Draupadi For Genesis 3 Female (Commercial)

    Thanks to Kimo 7, Saiyaness, and RedzStudio there are at least meager options for G3M skintones from honey to dark chocolate. (No licorice!) With UV Swap and Oh My Brows I can take advantage of the few options Raiya, P3D & OziChick have given us for darker females and use them for G3M. All of my M4, Genesis 1-2 male skins will be available on G3M with CaymanStudios Genesis Pack being released soon. However, we sorely need some native (no pun intended) G3M textures of the toastier kind.

    A male the colour of Sapphire (minus the orange tint) would be great if you can source a suitable photographic base.

     

     

    By

    xyer0 xyer0 August 2016 in Daz PA Commercial Products
  • How do I get V4 to appear in the Autofit Dropdown menu

    Which figure are you fitting to? The source shapes are nothing to do with having the Victoria 4 figure installed - they require having the appropriate clone shape for the figure that is going to wear the clothing, only Genesis 1 includes a Victoria 4 clone be default.

    Oh!

    Thank you! I an utter DAZ Studio Novice and long time Poser user.

    I was trying to see if I could transform any of my boatload of V4 stuff to Genesis 3.

    Is there a way?

     

     

    By

    naxuam_66429eb97e naxuam_66429eb97e August 2016 in Daz Studio Discussion
  • How do I get V4 to appear in the Autofit Dropdown menu

    Which figure are you fitting to? The source shapes are nothing to do with having the Victoria 4 figure installed - they require having the appropriate clone shape for the figure that is going to wear the clothing, only Genesis 1 includes a Victoria 4 clone be default.

    By

    Richard Haseltine Richard Haseltine August 2016 in Daz Studio Discussion
Previous Next
Adding to Cart…

Daz 3D is part of Tafi

Connect

DAZ Productions, Inc.
7533 S Center View Ct #4664
West Jordan, UT 84084

HELP

Contact Us

Tutorials

Help Center

Sell Your 3D Content

Affiliate Program

Documentation Center

Open Source

Consent Preferences

JOIN DAZ

Memberships

Blog

About Us

Press

Careers

Bridges

Community

In the Studio

Gallery

Forum

DAZ STORE

Shop

Freebies

Published Artists

Licensing Agreement | Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | EULA

© 2026 Daz Productions Inc. All Rights Reserved.