-
Lots of Optitex stuff
doesn't mention that you do but do you need a plug in either the dynamic clothing control or some other plug in to use the new product dynamic classics or any of the other products from optitex/simonwm? lots of interesting stuff and most don't say you need a plug in but I've learned on other things required products is not always mentioned. Fair while ago I bought Dynamic Lingerie Collection for Victoria 6 and Victoria 5 Supermodel, but I have never gotten it to fit any of my models does mention on the page it requires the plug in take it that's the only way these will ever fit any model? this is long before I knew could return stuff
Lilith 7 outfitThank you. I was wondering if the fabric was a sheetz item. I was looking at http://www.daz3d.com/jepe-s-wondersheetz-for-victoria-7 for the fabric myself but your choice does look more like it. I wonder why they opted to use a male version for it. The beads look like they may just be photoshopped in but I was going to try to use part of this bundle for it. http://www.daz3d.com/cloisonne-for-dragonbraid-bundle It's not completly the same but I thought it would give it a nice touch. Haven't tried it yet. Kind of started hoping that they would just put all of these items into a bundle for us so that we didn't have to buy them separate.
I found a couple of other swimsuits that might make interesting alternative outfits when combined with the decostrings. http://www.daz3d.com/ronya-lingerie-for-genesis-3-female-s http://www.daz3d.com/irelia-character-and-bikini-set-for-genesis-3-female-s
Cake One's Fantasy Features for Genesis 3I bought the bundle so I have both male and female and I'm having a problem with both. The Brows 2, which create the side pointy brows shown in the main promo for Genesis 3 Female set are breaking the mesh. I tried increasing the SubD level to 3 but it didn't do any good and it didn't render out. I thought maybe Aiko 7 was too extreme so I turned off the head morph but it did the same thing with default G3F. I finally found the only head that works correctly is Victoria 7. But the product says it's a merchant resource for Genesis 3 Female(s), not just V7. Is there a problem with the product? Am I doing something wrong?
Lilith 7 for Free...or not?hahah I don't know what the confusion is about - it's not like Daz would actually GIVE AWAY a figure the day after it's release. lol o.O
Well they almost gave away the Tween Ryan Pro bundle the day it was released, it was 90% discounted I think? And you didn't even have to purchase a new release or anything.
That was for a very few people who bought NINE of the previous "7" figures. That was a special case as a reward for those who've bought a lot of the 7 figures and not a lot of people qualified for that. That's vastly different than just giving a figure away to everyone the day after it's release.
OK, didn't recall there were any conditions, but looks like you're right. Discount 10 x (number of G7 characters you had purchased)%.
Yeah, I recall I only got 10% off (since I only have Victoria 7) - so it wasn't such a deal for me so I passed. lol
I had 9 or more so I got the 90% off. In return though you'll probably be able to pick up those characters for a much lower price than I paid if you wait a little. Win some, lose some, which ever way you do it you'll often end up paying the same in the long run (that's the top goal of marketing I guess).
Lilith 7 for Free...or not?hahah I don't know what the confusion is about - it's not like Daz would actually GIVE AWAY a figure the day after it's release. lol o.O
Well they almost gave away the Tween Ryan Pro bundle the day it was released, it was 90% discounted I think? And you didn't even have to purchase a new release or anything.
That was for a very few people who bought NINE of the previous "7" figures. That was a special case as a reward for those who've bought a lot of the 7 figures and not a lot of people qualified for that. That's vastly different than just giving a figure away to everyone the day after it's release.
OK, didn't recall there were any conditions, but looks like you're right. Discount 10 x (number of G7 characters you had purchased)%.
Yeah, I recall I only got 10% off (since I only have Victoria 7) - so it wasn't such a deal for me so I passed. lol
Is there a Genesis 3 Figure?The base figures, for the Studio 4 line are, Genesis, Genesis 2 and Genesis 3. The 'flagship' characters that go with those are Michael/Victoria 5 (Genesis), Michael/Victoria 6 (Genesis 2) and Michael/Victoria 7 (Genesis 3). There are many more than just those...several of them are 'base' characters...like Lilith (the new release...she comes in two versions...Genesis 2 and Genesis 3 (the new release).
The Genesis 3 items should already be in your account as Genesis 3 Starter Essentials...so check your store account.
Can dazzling daz studio be used to make virtual pet pics?As long as you just want 2D images or aniamtions (and aren't using the Anne Marie Goddard Digital Clone for Victoria 3, which has additional - probably not relevant here - restrictions) then yes.
Lilith 7
She looks like what you might expect of a creature of the night. And actual pale skin is somewhat rare here among the spray tanned cast of Victoria dolls. So she stands out, and fair skin can be pretty darn sexy. I know its funny how many people bash Daz for the skimpy stuff, but Lilith is not really the character to go conservative on. Out of all the characters Daz makes, this is the one character that people would expect to have a fairly racy bundle!Did anyone confirm or deny if this pale skin comes with Lilith 7?
Does anyone know if the pale girl in the maxi dress promo is actually Lilith (as in it's inncluded as one of her skin options)? Because if yes, I'm definitely in.

Wow. Seems like if this image had been the main promo, Lilith 7 would be selling like hot cakes! Definitely seems to be the pic that aroused the most positive response other than the image of Lilth with different morphs of other base figures dialed in.
Lilith 7Another one; head is Lilith 7 50% - Victoria 7 60% as shown in the promos. Only change in materials was setting the translucency weight to 0.30 from the default 0.50. Lightning from the defaut HDRi.
Questions about the default skin material and adding new skin materials to a figureThis happens with all my characters Gia 7, Rune 7, Mei Lin, Karen 7, Victoria 7 etc
I don't have her, so I'm only guessing... but it looks like one set of materials is set for Iray and the other is 3Delight.
Yes, that was the reason !
I loaded the Aiko 7 All maps Iray and looks like the case A and if I load the 3Delight version it looks like the case B. If I load another character material Iray version It looks like the case A, if I load the 3Delight version it looks like B again. With the eyes and lips and etc of the materials of the corresponding character, Aiko, Victoria etc
Why the 3Delight version always looks better ? It's because I have an AMD graphics card ?
When loading a new material preset, the old one is removed...so yes, the Surface tab should be showing the current one.
So the old material is removed I like that. But I don't know in which part of the surface tab is the current material name. The name under currently used is always the name of the character in this case Aiko, If I load the Victoria 7 materials the name displayed is still Aiko
Lilith 7Did someone buy Lillith 7 yet? I don't feel very inclined to do that, to be honest, since the bundles seemed very unexpressive. Furthermore, I bought Sunny7's pro bundle and I gotta say I'm a little disappointed with Sunny's textures (although I do like her overall), since they seem much more homogeneous than Victoria's. And she doesn't even have normal maps, which is something I just can't understand.
Does someone have more information about this to comment?
Merged threads - Product Suggestions is for suggesting products that are not yet made, or for looking fior a particular type of product, rather than for asking about things that already exist.
Lilith 7Did someone buy Lillith 7 yet? I don't feel very inclined to do that, to be honest, since the bundles seemed very unexpressive. Furthermore, I bought Sunny7's pro bundle and I gotta say I'm a little disappointed with Sunny's textures (although I do like her overall), since they seem much more homogeneous than Victoria's. And she doesn't even have normal maps, which is something I just can't understand.
Does someone have more information about this to comment?
UVs and ShadersA very quick reiteration of what is a uv map; it is a description of the shape of a model; think of wrapping a bowling ball with checkered paper making sure the pattern has no errors or making a distortion free world globe. Each of Daz's figure comes with one of a few Uv maps (when you buy a character, it will say that it it is for genesis, or Michael 4 or Victoria 6 etc... In the case of this particular product, you apply a character texture and then apply the shader which alters the settings for the texture so it is probably uv independent.
How do I find out if the particular shader has the displacment channel before I purchase the darn thing. I'm looking at the Visual style Shaders sku 14398.
Lilith 7You should never judge a character on what's bundled with them. I doubt most of us even have the money to spend on the 'Starter' or 'Pro' options for the majority of these characters, anyway. I've only ever obtained a very low number of them. Those are marketing deicisions from Daz and should not reflect upon the included base figure, itself.
So, what to think of Lilith 7?
I never liked how Lilith 6 was hyped as a vampire. Curvacious succubus kind of worked, but by the time Genesis 3 arrived, Arabella 7 fit the iconic vampiric look a lot better (not that I ever go with just one figure without some mix-and-match with other morphs, but Arabella 7 is an excellent base likeness to use for vampiric art).
Of course, if curves are your requirement, then Bethany is around with a number of shaping morphs (and frequently on discount for startlingly low prices). No reason you couldn't convert her into a succubus-like entity. Although, please, Daz, for the love of God, get those Creature Creator sets out there! Hallowe'en is fast coming up!
So, in regards for how Lilith 7, herself, looks? Well, she feels like she's in the category of another Victoria-alike: Perfectly fine as a generic female character, but nothing particularly unique about her features; which typically leaves me knowing I could effectively morph-dial a good approximation of her with the tools I already have. However... I must say I really like the promotional image of how she looks when mixed with other characters! Particularly love the one with 50% Lilith 7/60% Girl 7. That, combined with my mothly Platinum Club voucher, has made the decision for me. She looks like she'd allow some interesting morphed looks for other existing characters, too.
Sometimes, you obtain a character figure, not for the default appearance, but for that magical gene pool addition with another you already have. :)
Agree, those mixes helped me to decide to purchase her too. Specially, the rune and victoria combinations. And Lilith has possibly the best ass in Daz characters ever :P
The Morrigan outfit, Agnes HD and Katherine hair were interesting to me too, so I went for the Pro bundle. It's a pity about the Caged Belle outfit, as I doubt i'll ever use it.
Eva 7 or Olympia 7Bodywise Olympia is a nice base figure, for mature figures, and more athletic figures. Eva 7; however for me has a unique enough face that I tend to use her a lot more when I specifically don't want a figure that looks like a Victoria clone. I don't think you can go wrong with either figure really.
Lilith 7You should never judge a character on what's bundled with them. I doubt most of us even have the money to spend on the 'Starter' or 'Pro' options for the majority of these characters, anyway. I've only ever obtained a very low number of them. Those are marketing deicisions from Daz and should not reflect upon the included base figure, itself.
So, what to think of Lilith 7?
I never liked how Lilith 6 was hyped as a vampire. Curvacious succubus kind of worked, but by the time Genesis 3 arrived, Arabella 7 fit the iconic vampiric look a lot better (not that I ever go with just one figure without some mix-and-match with other morphs, but Arabella 7 is an excellent base likeness to use for vampiric art).
Of course, if curves are your requirement, then Bethany is around with a number of shaping morphs (and frequently on discount for startlingly low prices). No reason you couldn't convert her into a succubus-like entity. Although, please, Daz, for the love of God, get those Creature Creator sets out there! Hallowe'en is fast coming up!
So, in regards for how Lilith 7, herself, looks? Well, she feels like she's in the category of another Victoria-alike: Perfectly fine as a generic female character, but nothing particularly unique about her features; which typically leaves me knowing I could effectively morph-dial a good approximation of her with the tools I already have. However... I must say I really like the promotional image of how she looks when mixed with other characters! Particularly love the one with 50% Lilith 7/60% Girl 7. That, combined with my mothly Platinum Club voucher, has made the decision for me. She looks like she'd allow some interesting morphed looks for other existing characters, too.
Sometimes, you obtain a character figure, not for the default appearance, but for that magical gene pool addition with another you already have. :)
Lilith 7Does anyone know if the pale girl in the maxi dress promo is actually Lilith (as in it's inncluded as one of her skin options)? Because if yes, I'm definitely in.

Yeah that was the one pic that actually made me take notice, but then couldn't find the character or that skin texture in any of the bundles. I believe it might be either the Aiko 7 or Victoria 7 dialed in at 60%, but they really help. The face has the maturity, while toning down that weird eye thing going on with the base figure that puts the character in the stylized category for me. Definitely a "base" figure in the truest sense of the word, as imho you really need to work with this figure to make her look her absolute best.
There seems to be a lot of stuff integrated into the promos that have nothing to do with what's on offer at all. Even so, I'm not exactly grabbed by it all, so it makes me suspect she's quite uninteresting once you strip away all that's not included. Her promos show what we could do with her, and that most of it is nothing we couldn't do with plenty of other figures already available and likely already on our hard drives. Like others, her hair and what she's wearing in her main promo pic appealed to me much more than the character herself. I also agree with the person who said the cage dress was a bit of a one-time use thing - my first thought when I saw it was that you could do some stellar renders with it, but would probably only use it once or twice before it started to get old.
Lilith 7My first thought was "Wow, a Lillith 7, and all her clothes are practically modest compared to Lillith 6". Not that I'm complaining in the slightest, I think they're incredibly gorgeous outfits, but it's just surprising they went this route for this particular character, given what came before in the previous generation. (Well, hopefully this means Monique and Darius 7 won't have bundles that come off as "well-meaning but horribly problematic" in terms of racial stereotyping). But hey, I welcome this change none the less.
And I think she's a pretty solidly built character. Not as voluptuous as Olympia, but not as rail-thin as Victoria or Eva. Nice!
Oh goodness, yes! If they come out with another "voodoo" type outfit for Monique 7 or Darius 7 or some similar bs I'm going to scream.
Not to mention some "tribal" or "savage" nonsense with gratuitous use of big cat markings to make the characters look even "wilder." Barf.
--MW
(I know : the links are in the previous page, except for the arms fabric)
what's about the drapes/fabrics that are behind the arms? is this an outfit (or part of one)?
Lilith 7My first thought was "Wow, a Lillith 7, and all her clothes are practically modest compared to Lillith 6". Not that I'm complaining in the slightest, I think they're incredibly gorgeous outfits, but it's just surprising they went this route for this particular character, given what came before in the previous generation. (Well, hopefully this means Monique and Darius 7 won't have bundles that come off as "well-meaning but horribly problematic" in terms of racial stereotyping). But hey, I welcome this change none the less.
And I think she's a pretty solidly built character. Not as voluptuous as Olympia, but not as rail-thin as Victoria or Eva. Nice!
Oh goodness, yes! If they come out with another "voodoo" type outfit for Monique 7 or Darius 7 or some similar bs I'm going to scream.
Not to mention some "tribal" or "savage" nonsense with gratuitous use of big cat markings to make the characters look even "wilder." Barf.
--MW
Lilith 7My first thought was "Wow, a Lillith 7, and all her clothes are practically modest compared to Lillith 6". Not that I'm complaining in the slightest, I think they're incredibly gorgeous outfits, but it's just surprising they went this route for this particular character, given what came before in the previous generation. (Well, hopefully this means Monique and Darius 7 won't have bundles that come off as "well-meaning but horribly problematic" in terms of racial stereotyping). But hey, I welcome this change none the less.
And I think she's a pretty solidly built character. Not as voluptuous as Olympia, but not as rail-thin as Victoria or Eva. Nice!
Oh goodness, yes! If they come out with another "voodoo" type outfit for Monique 7 or Darius 7 or some similar bs I'm going to scream.












