-
Novica & Forum Members Tips & Product Reviews Pt 8
Yes please! And a baby too! How can we have all these people running around in skimpwear and there's NO babies??? DAZ birth control must be pretty good, LOL
Apparently Victoria 7 has never met Carson...
Hahaha!
Novica & Forum Members Tips & Product Reviews Pt 8Yes please! And a baby too! How can we have all these people running around in skimpwear and there's NO babies??? DAZ birth control must be pretty good, LOL
Apparently Victoria 7 has never met Carson...
Novica & Forum Members Tips & Product Reviews Pt 8If it's innovative or unique, I'll pick it up, whether it's for Victoria 3 or Michael 8 or whatever. Especially it's within my price point. Right now I'm mostly using Generation 4 and Genesis 3 items. There's a stunning variety of both being produced here at at Rendo, plus great deals in the blowouts. I can't seem to get away from V4 and M4. I love them, they port over into Iray easily and there's so much available for them. They're also very expressive.
I'll continue to use and love my V3s and M3s, but they are so much work. I'm glad Wear Them All can bring their clothing forward easier now. And as long as we've got a Wear Them All and a GenX2 for future generations, I'll happily invest in them. I want that backwards compatibility though. I've invested a huge amount in current and older stuff, and I'm not willing to abandon it. I would love to see more dynamics in the hair and clothing, as well as more natural movement of fat and muscle on the next generation. Otherwise, I'm pretty happy with the current technology and how good Iray is looking these days.
Novica & Forum Members Tips & Product Reviews Pt 8It depends for me what gen 4 male brings to the table. I don't want to just buy new characters with the same skin sources over and over such is beginning to happen with Genesis 3. I also just don't need more female characters so I suspect Victoria 8 will debut first and I pass. I don't render women nearly the same amount as many daz users so what I have will tide me for a while and I have female characters I haven't used.
im also passing on more centaur content. Lately the sales have no been sufficient here to tempt me to buy. Just the pc intro discount and so even though I wanted Javier's latest for example I will pass until it is more discounted. I am also not a huge fan of the centaurs. The torso area is awkward and I don't like the horse textures too shiny and odd.
Model HelpAny idea who's the model that was used in this? I believe its for victoria 4
What's the hair being used in this product?Any idea what hair is being used for https://www.daz3d.com/gwennili-hd-for-victoria-7 ?
I don't think it was listed in the promo links :)
Thank's Linday for Satine!rough day poses for victoria 7 includes a cigarette prop, too. and 7 prop poses.
Oh I forgot about that, thanks!!!
Is ELIYA Staying Encrypted Forever?Is DAZ encrypted content - encrypted forever? Or at some point does DAZ offer it for sale as unencrypted content. If so, is there any way to tell how long it will be before it's available unencrypted? I make it a rule to never buy encrypted content ever.
https://www.daz3d.com/fwsa-eliya-hd-for-victoria-7
Thanks!
Thank's Linday for Satine!rough day poses for victoria 7 includes a cigarette prop, too. and 7 prop poses.
Thanks, I've been trying to find cig props. I'd much rather buy it with a pose set than a complete outfit that I may never find a use for.
Thank's Linday for Satine!rough day poses for victoria 7 includes a cigarette prop, too. and 7 prop poses.
Novica & Forum Members Tips & Product Reviews Pt 8I've snagged quite a few old clothing sets in the recent Blow Out Sales, hoping to refit to Genesis 3. Here are a couple I've tried already and been quite pleased with.
La Plume - a texture set for The Dress for V3. This was a two-part conversion: first to Genesis (using the clone V3 Shape) then refit from Genesis to G3F using Wear Them All. La Plume only has Poser mats, but all I did was increase the bump settings for this (Iray) render. The figure is Uma for Gia 7, lit with Painter's Lights again.
Wow, MelanieL, I love that! I've always loved The Dress. I tried doing that two-part conversion one and it blew up on me. Maybe I'll try again. It seems to help if the smoothing is turned down or maybe it depends on it being a good mesh. Anyway, really cool!
Aha, now that is interesting! I had a crash the first time I tried it, but I'd been playing with several other models first. I restarted DS and tried again and it worked just fine. I've had some odd crashes recently, doing simple things like clicking on the "Scene" tab or trying to remove a filter from the Search box. It happens intermittently and unpredictably so I've not bothered to report it.
The ability to pre-purchase items (before release)I don't see how this makes sense.
I don't think we are advocating sketching some scribbles on a piece of paper or lazily asking "What should I make next?" and then 8 months later you bring it to market and then wonder if the original frenzy was real.
What product that is looked forward to - would get released and then NOT get a high level of sales?
If you just said "Hey, all I'm going to make a fresh halter top" and everybody chimes in and goes "Yeah, we want that!" and then you drop some funky print pattern from the 70...then yeah, pre-hype serves you no purpose.
Vendors are listing their tentative release schedule and getting support.
Vendors are already doing "Coming Soon" that part of the equation is already in effect and working so let's move beyond that step.
Maybe Daz needs to eat the cost. They broke? They barely breaking even? No, PAs have no room on their end to keep their margin and Daz absorb the cost another way?
There's PLENTY of time between APPROVAL and RELEASED to offer a buy early.
Who would benefit MOST? Venerable crafters who are already proven.
Stonemason had that damn new Greeble on his website for months (maybe 1 month at least) and everyone that came across is was like WHAT IS THAT?
You don't think he could have done a presale? OR Antfam? or that power-couple FWSKA -something (they do elves very well lol)
Or the monster-king Josh Crocket?
You can make it just like a regular Banner and NOT have EVERY item in there, only select ones that you can base ad-campaigns around.
AND it's be nice if some sales got EXTENDED with exact dates so you know when it comes OFF-sale. Pre-sale items can be rewarded with being on sale for more than a few days. Maybe two-weeks there's a pre-sale page that has a regular store landing page look. On top is the three or four presale items and on the bottom is the list of items that were pre-sale on extended sale. And they could count towards every bundle for those two weeks. There are so many ways to do this.....
And it's not some weird idea I made up. Almost every other industry has advanced sales and pre-sales and special screening and advanced looks etc...
If pricing or discounts ON DAZ's end is too much to imagine - it can just about certain products getting an extended shelf-life before disappearing.
A new category to check should be welcome.
You check the day's sale and see nothing (the theme is something you have no interest in)
You check Fast grab and there's only two items....
- With this, you'd at least have 1 more place to go to fill out your sales cart. It'd almost be like ADDING MORE ITEMS TO CHOOSE FROM without impacting the current sales.
We already complain that there aren't relevant enough items in any sale to flesh out your "buy two, get...X%" quota. THIS would solve that- easily. Or at least help. lol
And that does NOT require additional sales and/or price gouging.
Tell me what PA wouldn't want his items on the front page display area for an extra week.
What PA wouldn't want his wares to trigger discounts for more items in greater combination(s).
Most wouldn't. Why? Because the majority of sales a product fall within the intro period and the consumer pool to buy items is finite. When you realize those two things, then giving a huge discount pre-sale doesn't make sense.
For instance, you would agree that 100 items sold at 30% off isn't the same money taken in at 100 items at 50%. To get the same money, you would have to sell more. To offer a bigger discount, even more product would need to be sold. However, in this market there aren't the same number of customers as one that buys videogames or software so you can't offer the same deals or presale, hoping you can recoup the loss of a major discount by increasing sales. There is a point where a discount ultimately loses money because there will not be enough people to buy product to make up the difference.
This point is where your idea falls flat. You're assuming there are the same amount of people buying a dress for Victoria as there would be somoene preordering copies of the latest hyped videogame for $70, with bundles and DLC which will take the price over $100 (so it makes sense if you wanted all that to buy early and get it included), and still have room months later to discount it down to $30 if it's still profitable or if it's a flop $15. The pool isn't that large to suggest this, and especially when most sales happen at the beginning and the prices would have to change where you can figure a huge discount in the intro price in the first place. To implement your idea, the prices would need to go HIGHER to buffer in huge discounts to cover it. Then the idea becames even more disastrous when an item sells far less than predicted, not more.
Also note that a new item should trigger interest and discounts on a back catalog, not severely discounting the advertise item. That's how exposure should work in a brokerage.
Transferring D-former morphs?For a Genesis figure that should happen automatically when the morph is applied to the figure - if it doesn't, click the gear icon on the morph's slider, Parameter Settings, and make sure AutoFollow is checked. For earlier figures using the parametric rigging system (Victoria 4 etc.) right-click the figure and select Transfer Active Morphs; if that doesn't work, again check AutoFollow is on
Novica & Forum Members Tips & Product Reviews Pt 8I've snagged quite a few old clothing sets in the recent Blow Out Sales, hoping to refit to Genesis 3. Here are a couple I've tried already and been quite pleased with.
La Plume - a texture set for The Dress for V3. This was a two-part conversion: first to Genesis (using the clone V3 Shape) then refit from Genesis to G3F using Wear Them All. La Plume only has Poser mats, but all I did was increase the bump settings for this (Iray) render. The figure is Uma for Gia 7, lit with Painter's Lights again.
Wow, MelanieL, I love that! I've always loved The Dress. I tried doing that two-part conversion one and it blew up on me. Maybe I'll try again. It seems to help if the smoothing is turned down or maybe it depends on it being a good mesh. Anyway, really cool!
Novica & Forum Members Tips & Product Reviews Pt 8I've snagged quite a few old clothing sets in the recent Blow Out Sales, hoping to refit to Genesis 3. Here are a couple I've tried already and been quite pleased with.
Skadi for V4 - refit to Rune 7 using Wear Them All. This is an Iray render but using one of the default mats from the set (it has DS mats) with just a minor "bumping" of the bump. The hair is Twilight Hair (PC+ item). The backdrop is one of my own made in Photoshop with various of Ron's brushes, the lighting is from Painter's Lights (which I love) with the basic DS HDR at a 25% intensity to lighten the shadows a little.
La Plume - a texture set for The Dress for V3. This was a two-part conversion: first to Genesis (using the clone V3 Shape) then refit from Genesis to G3F using Wear Them All. La Plume only has Poser mats, but all I did was increase the bump settings for this (Iray) render. The figure is Uma for Gia 7, lit with Painter's Lights again.
@MelanieL Those are very nice- the sleeve detail is interesting. That's amazing what you did with La Plume!!!
I also like what you did with the background, particularly the trees.
Novica & Forum Members Tips & Product Reviews Pt 8I've snagged quite a few old clothing sets in the recent Blow Out Sales, hoping to refit to Genesis 3. Here are a couple I've tried already and been quite pleased with.
Skadi for V4 - refit to Rune 7 using Wear Them All. This is an Iray render but using one of the default mats from the set (it has DS mats) with just a minor "bumping" of the bump. The hair is Twilight Hair (PC+ item). The backdrop is one of my own made in Photoshop with various of Ron's brushes, the lighting is from Painter's Lights (which I love) with the basic DS HDR at a 25% intensity to lighten the shadows a little.
La Plume - a texture set for The Dress for V3. This was a two-part conversion: first to Genesis (using the clone V3 Shape) then refit from Genesis to G3F using Wear Them All. La Plume only has Poser mats, but all I did was increase the bump settings for this (Iray) render. The figure is Uma for Gia 7, lit with Painter's Lights again.
hi i am trying to make supergirl this pic is what she looks likeOK, so I photoshopped together my morph sliders. In the attached image, I used a blue background so that you can see the 'breaks' in the morph list where there was a separation of at least 2-3 unused morphs, in an attempt to make the 'used' morphs easier to spot. It's a pretty wide image, and is 1080 pixels in height. Where I jumped to the next columh, I tried to duplicate the last morph in the previous column if they were in sequence.
I could have sworn that there was a Genesis 3 face slider that I used along with GDN Kelly, but I'm not seeing it. The Genesis 2 Face slider is at -100%, so maybe that was it.
A number of these morphs get set along with GDN Kelly, etc. so the first place you should start is GDN Kelly (at 100%), and setting Genesis 2 Face at -100% (if not there already), and should you spot the Genesis 3 face slider, well I remember setting one by that name at +100%...As I mentioned before, I've downloaded a LOT of morph packages, so odds are slim that you'll have all of these morphs. You may be able to find other morphs that do essentially the same thing. I didn't touch Victoria 7, but it is set at 38.6%, so GDN Kelly may have dialed in that one.
I feel that I still need to tweak Melissa's face some more to get it dialed in better, but this shows how I got to where you see her in the viewport. I still haven't taken a close look at her profile/side view, that probably needs a few tweaks as well to match her side view better, but I haven't bothered to go looking for a good profile shot.
I don't think I could package this if I wanted to, due to the sheer number of morph packages involved (you'd have to have all of them), but maybe someone can simplify this a bit (use fewer, Daz product related morphs) and release their own. It's probably good to have some subtle differences anyways, so that you aren't using an exact likeness (potential copyright issues? Does Melissa own her own face and likenesses thereof? I don't really know how this part of copyright law works).
It looks like Taoz is planning to do exactly that. Looking at his pic, something seems slightly off, but I can't put my finger on it. Maybe the face is too wide? Or maybe the skull above the eyes is too short. It looks really good regardless. Mine isn't dead on either, but then that's the fun of trying to dial in faces. Also, Taoz may be working with a different reference pic, which can result in a number of differences, and different people will focus on different details even when looking at the same pic (no two people see things exactly the same way).
Hope this helps!
PS: Note that Melissa definitely does NOT have a GDN Kelly Body. Maybe a Cathy body, but bodies are usually much easier to dial in than faces, even with the 'basic' set of morphs.
Anyone use Toon figures for animation?I have a project where figures like these could be handy. Has anyone used them for animation? Do aniblocks work with them? What about lip sync for dialogue? Do they have phonemes? Thanks.
Oh, just go to YouTube and search for DAZ 3D animation and you will see a long list of animations. Most however are for varients of Victoria 4 / Michael 4 / Genesis / Genesis 2 Female / Genesis 2 Male.
Aniblocks do not work with Genesis 3 Female or Genesis 3 Male.
regarding formats to save poses for sale in store or independent web storefrontThe file path should look like this
People > Genesis 3 Female > Poses > Product Name
I personally put the Base shape poses in the product folder and if I did V7 versions I would have the Victoria 7 sub folder in the product folder
hi i am trying to make supergirl this pic is what she looks likeOK, I took a crack at this. I have a LOT of morphs at my disposal.
I used GDN Kelly, who in turn requires Victoria 7 and Genesis 3 Female Head Morphs. You'll probably want Vic 7 in your collection anyways if you don't have her yet.
I set Kelly's head at 100%, and Genesis 3 Female Head at 100% Then I started nudging things around with various morphs, starting with some Quickface Morphs and then using other morphs I've acquired here and some free ones I've found on Rendo and ShareCG. Skin tones are GDN Kelly's with some minor color tweaks. I used Long Shag Hair because it's the closest I have to the base photo, but you'd probably want to get Streaming Hair or some other hairdo for SG.
Here is how far I've gotten so far:

Still a number of minor adjustments that are needed, but if you want to attempt this using the morphs route, just showing you what's possible. I like to exercise my face building skills, so this was mainly for fun and to increase my Daz skills. The cheeks could use some more nudging (it's a balancing act), that's probably the one area I'm struggling with the most morph wise, but you get the idea here.
Melissa's .jpg is INSIDE of Daz Studio in the render above, on a plane (create a plane primitive, then set the base color texture to Melissa's JPG, and resize the plane to match the dimensions of the original .jpg using x and y scaling, then use the universal scale to size it to match your G3F figure's size for comparison purposes). This makes it easier to compare faces side by side while you are working.
Unfortunately, I'm not seeing a way to identify all of the different morph packages I have that I've used/installed. Morphs are on the top of the list of things I snag, for this very reason (making new and intersting faces, or replicating faces).

















