-
dForce Verified Functional Clothing [Out of the Box]
I haven't yet been able to try the Dforce utilities yet. Real life situations in the way right now (my Dad had a stroke in July so I been back at my parents home in my childhood bedroom with no access to my desktop) but it looks so exciting. I know it's a lot to ask but if anyone has these items below, I'd love to know how well they work.
https://www.daz3d.com/elven-dress-for-genesis
https://www.daz3d.com/dragonkeeper-outfit-for-v4
https://www.daz3d.com/dragon-queen-for-genesis-female
https://www.daz3d.com/dragon-princess
https://www.daz3d.com/priestess-for-genesis-female
https://www.daz3d.com/sensibility-for-genesis-2-females
https://www.daz3d.com/victoria-iven-for-genesis-3-females
https://www.daz3d.com/vintage-rose-for-genesis-3-females
https://www.daz3d.com/winter-fantasy-for-genesis-2-females
https://www.daz3d.com/the-glacierqueen-outfit-for-victoria-4
I don't have the Winter Fantasy for G2F but I have it for G3F. It works well. I just made sure to turn Dyanmic Strength (under the surfaces tab) to zero for the Buttons, Loops, and String.

Here's the Winter Fantasy for G3F with the hood. I made sure to turn the dynamic strength to zero for the buttons and the pom-poms.

OOo nice I'm hoping that with a little fiddling, we can get a lot of the old stuff to work. Thanks Diva
So far I've had pretty good success with a lot of the older clothing. I just make sure that if they have buttons or pockets or other things that could fall off that I turn the dynamic strength on those bits to zero.
dForce Verified Functional Clothing [Out of the Box]I haven't yet been able to try the Dforce utilities yet. Real life situations in the way right now (my Dad had a stroke in July so I been back at my parents home in my childhood bedroom with no access to my desktop) but it looks so exciting. I know it's a lot to ask but if anyone has these items below, I'd love to know how well they work.
https://www.daz3d.com/elven-dress-for-genesis
https://www.daz3d.com/dragonkeeper-outfit-for-v4
https://www.daz3d.com/dragon-queen-for-genesis-female
https://www.daz3d.com/dragon-princess
https://www.daz3d.com/priestess-for-genesis-female
https://www.daz3d.com/sensibility-for-genesis-2-females
https://www.daz3d.com/victoria-iven-for-genesis-3-females
https://www.daz3d.com/vintage-rose-for-genesis-3-females
https://www.daz3d.com/winter-fantasy-for-genesis-2-females
https://www.daz3d.com/the-glacierqueen-outfit-for-victoria-4
I don't have the Winter Fantasy for G2F but I have it for G3F. It works well. I just made sure to turn Dyanmic Strength (under the surfaces tab) to zero for the Buttons, Loops, and String.

Here's the Winter Fantasy for G3F with the hood. I made sure to turn the dynamic strength to zero for the buttons and the pom-poms.

OOo nice I'm hoping that with a little fiddling, we can get a lot of the old stuff to work. Thanks Diva
Not To Worry, Friend, "There's Always Another Sale™"So excited when I saw Damien Pro Bundle went down to $15.74 in my cart! Hit that buy button pretty fast! Then I realized Tara 2 HD for Victoria 7 & Victoria 8 was also madly discounted ($5.63!), so I got her quick as well! So happy with the sale so far, though my wallet is much lighter now XD.
Bummer, missed that one. Tara seems to be all over the place. She shows up on my lowest price graph as $7.83 as of today, but is priced at $13.03 in store and ends up at $9.38 in cart.
dForce Verified Functional Clothing [Out of the Box]I haven't yet been able to try the Dforce utilities yet. Real life situations in the way right now (my Dad had a stroke in July so I been back at my parents home in my childhood bedroom with no access to my desktop) but it looks so exciting. I know it's a lot to ask but if anyone has these items below, I'd love to know how well they work.
https://www.daz3d.com/elven-dress-for-genesis
https://www.daz3d.com/dragonkeeper-outfit-for-v4
https://www.daz3d.com/dragon-queen-for-genesis-female
https://www.daz3d.com/dragon-princess
https://www.daz3d.com/priestess-for-genesis-female
https://www.daz3d.com/sensibility-for-genesis-2-females
https://www.daz3d.com/victoria-iven-for-genesis-3-females
https://www.daz3d.com/vintage-rose-for-genesis-3-females
https://www.daz3d.com/winter-fantasy-for-genesis-2-females
https://www.daz3d.com/the-glacierqueen-outfit-for-victoria-4
I don't have the Winter Fantasy for G2F but I have it for G3F. It works well. I just made sure to turn Dyanmic Strength (under the surfaces tab) to zero for the Buttons, Loops, and String.

Here's the Winter Fantasy for G3F with the hood. I made sure to turn the dynamic strength to zero for the buttons and the pom-poms.
Not To Worry, Friend, "There's Always Another Sale™"So excited when I saw Damien Pro Bundle went down to $15.74 in my cart! Hit that buy button pretty fast! Then I realized Tara 2 HD for Victoria 7 & Victoria 8 was also madly discounted ($5.63!), so I got her quick as well! So happy with the sale so far, though my wallet is much lighter now XD.
Your links go to the EULA.
Those links are to the user's product library, so unless you also have it, it won't go anywhere useful. Also, there is a new EULA you have to agree to, it seems, before you can access any of your stuff that way (and probably a bunch of other restrictions) that will go away once you do it.
Morphing Fantasy Dress issue - anyone else?Hi all
We are still working on fits for the overskirt and sleeves, And will get those done asap.Princess of darkness fix will be going up soon. It was a matter of fixing the material names.
Will let you know when the overskirt and sleeves are fixed, (yes the whole set is being looked at and will be fixed completely before the next update) We are also checking the Moxie, Faye and Young Lyra morphs but please understand that the mfd is meant to support the DAZ original morphs (now Victoria 8, Olympia 8 and so on current to today) so there may be adjustments needed for other specialized morphs like those.
Jen
Thanks! Glad to hear it :)
Llynara's Loony Bin (WIP Thread)Thanks, Dracorn. That set surprised me. It's Fantasy Courtyard, which is supposed to have Iray materials, but it looked incredibly low res. I double checked and made sure I had the Iray ones loaded, I tried applying subD and it wouldn't take. So I used DOF and bokeh to hide how bad it looked. Maybe I need to uninstall and reinstall it.
Here's one that surprised me in a good way: Jack's Cista Santorum Iray texture add-on. This is the preload preset. Wow, the lighting is awesome! I only had to add a glow helper to her face (from Fabiana's AlterGlow set.) This is another render for my Beautiful Hair Tutorial on Patreon. That's @DarwinsMishap 's Keri for V8. She looks like a pissed Swiss Miss. (Maybe somebody stole her hot chocolate!)
Dracorn's Render ThreadSo here's a Victoria 8 and Iray conversion of Enchanted Dreams, with a morph conversion of G1's Mina morph for the face. Boss Pro Light Set.
Note that the skirt had to be loaded without the autofit, then parented in place. When I tried auto fit, somehow it connected to the movement of her arms, and warped.
I used Allen Art's free gemstone materials - they really are beautiful.

dForce Verified Functional Clothing [Out of the Box]I haven't yet been able to try the Dforce utilities yet. Real life situations in the way right now (my Dad had a stroke in July so I been back at my parents home in my childhood bedroom with no access to my desktop) but it looks so exciting. I know it's a lot to ask but if anyone has these items below, I'd love to know how well they work.
https://www.daz3d.com/elven-dress-for-genesis
https://www.daz3d.com/dragonkeeper-outfit-for-v4
https://www.daz3d.com/dragon-queen-for-genesis-female
https://www.daz3d.com/dragon-princess
https://www.daz3d.com/priestess-for-genesis-female
https://www.daz3d.com/sensibility-for-genesis-2-females
https://www.daz3d.com/victoria-iven-for-genesis-3-females
https://www.daz3d.com/vintage-rose-for-genesis-3-females
https://www.daz3d.com/winter-fantasy-for-genesis-2-females
https://www.daz3d.com/the-glacierqueen-outfit-for-victoria-4
Not To Worry, Friend, "There's Always Another Sale™"So excited when I saw Damien Pro Bundle went down to $15.74 in my cart! Hit that buy button pretty fast! Then I realized Tara 2 HD for Victoria 7 & Victoria 8 was also madly discounted ($5.63!), so I got her quick as well! So happy with the sale so far, though my wallet is much lighter now XD.
Your links go to the EULA.
Morphing Fantasy Dress issue - anyone else?Hi all
We are still working on fits for the overskirt and sleeves, And will get those done asap.Princess of darkness fix will be going up soon. It was a matter of fixing the material names.
Will let you know when the overskirt and sleeves are fixed, (yes the whole set is being looked at and will be fixed completely before the next update) We are also checking the Moxie, Faye and Young Lyra morphs but please understand that the mfd is meant to support the DAZ original morphs (now Victoria 8, Olympia 8 and so on current to today) so there may be adjustments needed for other specialized morphs like those.
Jen
Not To Worry, Friend, "There's Always Another Sale™"So excited when I saw Damien Pro Bundle went down to $15.74 in my cart! Hit that buy button pretty fast! Then I realized Tara 2 HD for Victoria 7 & Victoria 8 was also madly discounted ($5.63!), so I got her quick as well! So happy with the sale so far, though my wallet is much lighter now XD.
Update: Corrected the links! I did just copied them from the product library, apologies!
CCMP - Learning animation thread.Hi Mat :)
the process of attaching rigging to a mesh in every program i've used,. creates an "area of influence" (for the mesh defomation) ,.around the bones,. automagically..
if the user then want's to re-define, or adjust those weights,.(by manually weight painting) ... that is optional..
Carrara does a pretty decent job of creating the mesh weights based on the bones. but those can be adjusted or changed easily (using Bone influence slider controls,.. or painting by hand) in the weightpainting area.
As for an established system,.
Ideally,. you'd make the mesh for your figure,. then add bones to allow deformation of the mesh,. then attach those bones to the mesh.
whether you do the bones in Carrara, Poser, or even daz studio would depend on the intended use for that model,. EG: personal use, limited use EG: a single animation project
, for commercial profit, (mass retail) etc
In carrara,. you could simply make a mesh,. export it as an OBJ,. and use Poser or Daz Studio to "Transfer" the rigging from an existing figure (eg Victoria/Michael/Genesis) onto your imported OBJ mesh from carrara. ...this is ideal for creating clothing "figures" for Genesis etc..
(note) this will automagicallly create weights for your mesh based on the bones.
In Daz Studio,. there's a function called "Transfer Utility" under Assets,. which allows the user to select a "Source" figure, and "Target" mesh, and auto transfers the rigging and creates weights from that rigging to fit the mesh.
Hope it helps :)
The Doctor Appreciation threadConsidering this sale https://www.daz3d.com/edwardian-victorian-items ; what would be appropriate for Missy?
I'd put her in https://www.daz3d.com/victoria-iven-for-genesis-3-females (possibly with one of the addon textures) with the parasol from this: https://www.daz3d.com/edwardian-accessories-for-genesis-3-females (comes in open and closed varieties).
Or maybe:
https://www.daz3d.com/edwardian-suit-for-genesis-2-females with https://www.daz3d.com/lady-mary textures
Lucas 8He looks great indeed.
Would you like to share your tweek/setting changes?
Sure, let me see if I can package it up and send you the link. :) Send me a PM as a nudge if you don't hear back from me in a day or so (I can get forgetful).
I'd like the link, too, please? Your results are the only thing that will keep Lucas from being returned for me.
Will do! :) I'll send you the link as well.
Thanks to you! Now, what if you did fix-up shader settings for the G8F/M's and sold them as Divamakeup New Looks for Genesis 8 Core?
That would be cool! :) I'm not sure Daz would go for it though. lol
Of course they would. I remember a product for Victoria 7 (that I cannot presently locate) that offered new settings for her. Judging from this forum alone, people really need options for Genesis 8 that make them compatible with Genesis 3 in the same render. Right now, I can either light for Genesis 8 Core skins or for Genesis 3, but the same lights rarely work for both.
Is there a way to fit makeup from cross-characters?You will have to find the characters that have individual make up parts - lips, eye make up, etc. There are more than you might think, but a lot of the earlier stuff, like Richard said, are a whole new face, this is usually found most often in V4 and Genesis. Of course, you could just transfer the whole skin over for the make up you want to use- I.e move Elizabeth's skin to Victoria if you really want to use the make up
Positioning ClothingHi there, I've recently gotten into Daz Studio and have just had fun creating scenes and poses and I had a question regarding positioning clothing for example if a character is removing clothing. With the Victoria 7 Pro Bundle as far as I've seen the clothing involved just fits onto the character and cannot be manipulated so I was wondering how do you know which types of clothing can be manipulated/morphed or can all clothing do it and I'm just doing it wrong?
The Return of Victoria 4This is more of a curious observation. I love V4 and still use her (as well as V3 and others). But why is there an influx of V4 stuff being sold all of a sudden?
I've always been a fan of Liquid Rust and Surreality, but in the current V8 landscape, I find it wonderfully interesting that these vendors still find love for V4.Iray Shaders - is n-g-s-anagenessis-2-revolution God of All?I am looking at several products that are finally on sale, and realise that I am not sure whether 1. they do what I think they do and, ultimatly, which one - or ones - i need to accomplish my goal. I'd really appriciate the insights!
Goal: An Easy way to make not-originally-iray stuff render more photorealistically. Specifically, since joining less than a month ago, I find myself playing mostly with pre-iray products: M6, V6, Daz 2 horse, Daz 2 Cats, Daz 3 dragons, clothing built for genesis and gen 2. The following products, all finally on sale today, seem to all claim "Click me, and I will make your stuff look good in iray. No experience required". the only difference is that the first product seems to work for "everything" while the next three are specific "skin", "dragon" and "horse".
Below are the products I'm looking at, along with MY understanding of what these products do. Can you tell me if my understanding is correct what product or products you think would accomplish my goal?
1) https://www.daz3d.com/n-g-s-anagenessis-2-revolution - This looks like a magic perfect for everything solution. Appears to be a "catch all" that does a descent job on everything from skin to fabric to animals on any genesis figure. So it looks to me like the perfect easy and most universal solution. Too good to be true?
2) https://www.daz3d.com/ig-iray-essentials-dragon-3 - I think this makes my dragons look good with one click but works only on dragons. I'm unclear as to whether this is the same as NGS but only for dragons.
3) https://www.daz3d.com/ig-iray-essentials-victoria-6-michael-6 - I think this makes V6 and M6 look good with one click but works only those figures and is thus not very helpful since I use Stephanie 6 a lot.
4) https://www.daz3d.com/iray-smart-converter-and-advanced-skin-managers-for-genesis-2 - I think this makes all Gen 2 humans look good, but is more complex to use. Not sure how it overlaps with NGS
Autofit crashing on G2F and G3FI upgraded to Daz 4.10, and autofit on loading of a clothing item is crashing DS continually during the import of old items through the API. See image, and log below.
In the dialog it gets to the point where it reads "Normalizing Weight maps" and dies.
It all seems to work fine, if I cancel out of Autofit, and then autofit after the object loads, but as we all know, if you have the figure selected, it will try, and a crash destroying the work I was doing is a real pain!
I would love to provide more info, if anyone needs it. Reproducible on almost any item I have. Posting here in case anyone is seeing similar, or if anyone has ideas?
Also, is there a way to disable the autofit trying to automatically auto-fit on load?
2017-10-30 09:33:37.045 Compiled C:/Users/Matt/AppData/Roaming/DAZ 3D/Studio4/temp/shaders/brickyard/{155157f5-1e43-45fc-8f03-8fb14ffd594a}/shader_Surface.sdl...
2017-10-30 09:33:46.122 *** Scene Cleared ***
2017-10-30 09:34:12.369 File loaded in 0 min 26.4 sec.
2017-10-30 09:34:12.369 Loaded file: Genesis 2 Base Female.duf
2017-10-30 09:34:16.207 Loaded image V5BreeTorsoM.jpg
2017-10-30 09:34:16.524 Loaded image V5BreeInMouthM.jpg
2017-10-30 09:34:16.946 Loaded image V5BreeLimbsM.jpg
2017-10-30 09:34:17.024 Loaded image V5BreeEyesM.jpg
2017-10-30 09:34:17.609 Loaded image V5BreeHeadM.jpg
2017-10-30 09:34:17.692 Loaded image V5BreeLashes1.jpg
2017-10-30 09:34:19.521 Ran tdlmake on image F:/Hobbies/Daz/Studio/content/Runtime/textures/DAZ/Characters/Genesis2/BaseFemale/V5BreeLimbsSS.jpg
2017-10-30 09:34:22.592 Ran tdlmake on image F:/Hobbies/Daz/Studio/content/Runtime/textures/DAZ/Characters/Genesis2/BaseFemale/V5BreeLimbsTL.jpg
2017-10-30 09:34:26.319 Ran tdlmake on image F:/Hobbies/Daz/Studio/content/Runtime/textures/DAZ/Characters/Genesis2/BaseFemale/V5BreeLimbsM.jpg
2017-10-30 09:34:26.665 Ran tdlmake on image F:/Hobbies/Daz/Studio/content/Runtime/textures/DAZ/Characters/Genesis2/BaseFemale/V5BreeLimbsB.jpg
2017-10-30 09:34:26.944 Ran tdlmake on image F:/Hobbies/Daz/Studio/content/Runtime/textures/DAZ/Characters/Genesis2/BaseFemale/V5BreeLimbsS.jpg
2017-10-30 09:34:28.140 Ran tdlmake on image F:/Hobbies/Daz/Studio/content/Runtime/textures/DAZ/Characters/Genesis2/BaseFemale/V5BreeHeadSS.jpg
2017-10-30 09:34:31.923 Ran tdlmake on image F:/Hobbies/Daz/Studio/content/Runtime/textures/DAZ/Characters/Genesis2/BaseFemale/V5BreeHeadTL.jpg
2017-10-30 09:34:32.284 Ran tdlmake on image F:/Hobbies/Daz/Studio/content/Runtime/textures/DAZ/Characters/Genesis2/BaseFemale/V5BreeHeadM.jpg
2017-10-30 09:34:34.291 Ran tdlmake on image F:/Hobbies/Daz/Studio/content/Runtime/textures/DAZ/Characters/Genesis2/BaseFemale/V5BreeHeadB.jpg
2017-10-30 09:34:35.439 Ran tdlmake on image F:/Hobbies/Daz/Studio/content/Runtime/textures/DAZ/Characters/Genesis2/BaseFemale/V5BreeEyesB.jpg
2017-10-30 09:34:35.875 Ran tdlmake on image F:/Hobbies/Daz/Studio/content/Runtime/textures/DAZ/Characters/Genesis2/BaseFemale/V5BreeEyesM.jpg
2017-10-30 09:34:36.981 Ran tdlmake on image F:/Hobbies/Daz/Studio/content/Runtime/textures/DAZ/Characters/Genesis2/BaseFemale/V5BreeHeadS.jpg
2017-10-30 09:34:37.670 Ran tdlmake on image F:/Hobbies/Daz/Studio/content/Runtime/textures/DAZ/Characters/Genesis2/BaseFemale/V5BreeInMouthM.jpg
2017-10-30 09:34:38.075 Ran tdlmake on image F:/Hobbies/Daz/Studio/content/Runtime/textures/DAZ/Characters/Genesis2/BaseFemale/V5BreeInMouthB.jpg
2017-10-30 09:34:39.508 Ran tdlmake on image F:/Hobbies/Daz/Studio/content/Runtime/textures/DAZ/Characters/Genesis2/BaseFemale/V5BreeTorsoSS.jpg
2017-10-30 09:34:43.382 Ran tdlmake on image F:/Hobbies/Daz/Studio/content/Runtime/textures/DAZ/Characters/Genesis2/BaseFemale/V5BreeTorsoTL.jpg
2017-10-30 09:34:45.151 Ran tdlmake on image F:/Hobbies/Daz/Studio/content/Runtime/textures/DAZ/Characters/Genesis2/BaseFemale/V5BreeTorsoB.jpg
2017-10-30 09:34:45.214 Ran tdlmake on image F:/Hobbies/Daz/Studio/content/Runtime/textures/DAZ/Characters/Genesis2/BaseFemale/V5BreeTorsoM.jpg
2017-10-30 09:34:45.493 Ran tdlmake on image F:/Hobbies/Daz/Studio/content/Runtime/textures/DAZ/Characters/Genesis2/BaseFemale/V5BreeLashes1.jpg
2017-10-30 09:34:46.598 Ran tdlmake on image F:/Hobbies/Daz/Studio/content/Runtime/textures/DAZ/Characters/Genesis2/BaseFemale/V5BreeTorsoS.jpg
2017-10-30 09:40:48.662 Loading script: F:/Hobbies/Daz/Studio/content/People/Victoria 4/Clothing/Fantasy/!S37 Fighting Fae/Fae Chest Armor_ptr.dsa
2017-10-30 09:40:48.677 Importing File...
2017-10-30 09:40:48.677 Importing Fae Chest Armor.cr2 ...
2017-10-30 09:40:48.958 Reading ChestArmor.obj
2017-10-30 09:41:04.876 WARNING: elements\joints\dzlegacyjointrotator.cpp(39): NULL driver for joint parameters in DzLegacyJointRotator::DzLegacyJointRotator()
2017-10-30 09:41:07.816 Loaded Morph Deltas in 0 min 0.2 sec.
2017-10-30 09:41:07.816 Loaded file: CloneVictoria4.dsf
2017-10-30 09:41:09.218 Loaded Morph Deltas in 0 min 0.0 sec.
2017-10-30 09:41:09.218 Loaded file: FBMExpandAll.dsf













