• Daz 3D
  • Shop
  • 3D Software
    • Daz Studio Premier
    • Daz Studio
    • Install Manager
    • Exporters
    • Daz to Roblox
    • Daz to Maya
    • Daz to Blender
    • Daz to Unreal
    • Daz to Unity
    • Daz to 3ds Max
    • Daz to Cinema 4D
  • 3D Models
    • Genesis 9
    • Genesis 8.1
    • Free 3D Models
    • Game Ready
  • Community
    • Gallery
    • Forums
    • Blog
    • Press
    • Help
  • Memberships
    • Daz Premier
    • Daz Plus
    • Daz Base
    • Compare
  • AI Solutions
  • Download Studio
  • Menu
  • Daz 3D
  • Shop
  • 3d Software
    • Daz Studio Premier
    • Daz Studio
    • Install Manager
    • Exporters
    • Daz to Roblox
    • Daz to Maya
    • Daz to Blender
    • Daz to Unreal
    • Daz to Unity
    • Daz to 3ds Max
    • Daz to Cinema 4D
  • 3D Models
    • Genesis 9
    • Genesis 8.1
    • Free 3D Models
  • Community
    • Our Community
    • Gallery
    • Forums
    • Blog
    • Press
    • Help
  • Memberships
    • Daz Premier
    • Daz Plus
    • Daz Base
    • Compare
  • AI Solutions

Notifications

You currently have no notifications.

Loading...
Daz 3D Forums > Search
  • All the Genesiseses

    The only Genesis after Genesis 3 is Genesis 8. It goes like this:

    Genesis - has Victoria 5

    Genesis 2 - has Victoria 6

    Genesis 3 - has Victoria 7

    Genesis 8 - has Victoria 8

    The reason for the change was to align the Genesis base number with the Victoria/Michael generation number. As far as what generation you should use, that is up to you. Genesis 8 is the latest with new advances, but some people don't like the base figures appearance. Genesis 3 has lots of options and the textures and clothes transfer well to Genesis 8. I would suggest looking at figures from both G3 and G8 to see which you prefer. Also, if you do fantasy renders, Genesis 3 has centaur figures.

    By

    Zylox Zylox December 2017 in The Commons
  • Not To Worry, Friend, "There's Always Another Sale™"

    I see I'm not the only one having an issue with the pricing on the Holiday Loyality Rewards Sale.

    The issue I am having is that under the Genesis Add-On sale, anything marked with a discount indicator (i.e. -40%) does not apply the 60% discount.  It does apply my Loyalty Rewards amount, but that's it.  This is actually causing any of these products marked with a discount to be more expensive than if not marked.

    For example, the Michi HD for Victoria 7 is a base price of $19.95 currently marked down 40% to $11.97.  At checkout the final price after Loyalty Discount is showing at $8.98.  Now I've also got the Gwenbleiz HD and Beard for Michael 7 in the cart also, which also has a base price of $19.95 but no markdown indicator.  At checkout this item is showing a final price, after the 60% and then the Loyalty Discount, of $5.98.  So the marked down item is actually showing up to be MORE expensive than if it wasn't marked down 40%!

    I'm not sure if it is intended that an additional 60% be taken off of the already marked down 40%, but in any case it is still showing a higher price at checkout than if they just took the 60% off the base price.

    I submitted a help desk ticket about 10 hours ago, which they did reply to.  But they just told me to clear my cache/cookies and make sure I'm logged into my account.  I had already done that, I informed them of such in the original ticket.  I tried again and also on a different computer.  Still no fix.

    I wasn't necessarily planning on purchasing any of these items.  But if the 60% were to additionally be taken off the already reduced 40% off, that would be a good deal worth considering.

    Two additional things to note.  Yes, I do own Victoria 8 (base) so the 60% should apply (as it does correctly on the Gwenbleiz item and other non-marked discount items in this category.)  Also, unlike the other Loyalty Sale categories, the Genesis Add-On Sale clearly states that "Discount applies in shopping cart."

    Hopefully they get it fixed, but be sure to keep an eye on your cart to make sure the final prices at checkout are correct!

     

    Maria is having the same problem.

    By

    thistledownsname thistledownsname December 2017 in The Commons
  • Daz 3D Introduces dForce Physics Engine

    It looks like it is quite easy to simulate in dForce, dynamic clothes for Poser, made for different figures.

    Below is an example dForce simulation on Genesis 3 Female of Tipol's dynamic Fairy Queen dress for Victoria 4.

    New Hexagon Beta works very well for creating morphs for such cases - just move and scale around to make

    initial fit of clothes to figure you want to use in simulation.

    image

    By

    Artini Artini December 2017 in The Commons
  • Not To Worry, Friend, "There's Always Another Sale™"

    I see I'm not the only one having an issue with the pricing on the Holiday Loyality Rewards Sale.

    The issue I am having is that under the Genesis Add-On sale, anything marked with a discount indicator (i.e. -40%) does not apply the 60% discount.  It does apply my Loyalty Rewards amount, but that's it.  This is actually causing any of these products marked with a discount to be more expensive than if not marked.

    For example, the Michi HD for Victoria 7 is a base price of $19.95 currently marked down 40% to $11.97.  At checkout the final price after Loyalty Discount is showing at $8.98.  Now I've also got the Gwenbleiz HD and Beard for Michael 7 in the cart also, which also has a base price of $19.95 but no markdown indicator.  At checkout this item is showing a final price, after the 60% and then the Loyalty Discount, of $5.98.  So the marked down item is actually showing up to be MORE expensive than if it wasn't marked down 40%!

    I'm not sure if it is intended that an additional 60% be taken off of the already marked down 40%, but in any case it is still showing a higher price at checkout than if they just took the 60% off the base price.

    I submitted a help desk ticket about 10 hours ago, which they did reply to.  But they just told me to clear my cache/cookies and make sure I'm logged into my account.  I had already done that, I informed them of such in the original ticket.  I tried again and also on a different computer.  Still no fix.

    I wasn't necessarily planning on purchasing any of these items.  But if the 60% were to additionally be taken off the already reduced 40% off, that would be a good deal worth considering.

    Two additional things to note.  Yes, I do own Victoria 8 (base) so the 60% should apply (as it does correctly on the Gwenbleiz item and other non-marked discount items in this category.)  Also, unlike the other Loyalty Sale categories, the Genesis Add-On Sale clearly states that "Discount applies in shopping cart."

    Hopefully they get it fixed, but be sure to keep an eye on your cart to make sure the final prices at checkout are correct!

     

    By

    Erock3D Erock3D December 2017 in The Commons
  • All the Genesiseses

    I admit that I've lost track of what, exactly comes with the Genesis X essentials and what I bought separately, and I know I've lost track of most of who the vendors are (sorry vendors)

    Genesis 1 can, by default use V4 skins.

    Genesis 2 can, by default, use V5 skins.  You have to buy the UV's for Genesis 2 to use V4 skins.

    Genesis 3 requires add ons by Cayman Studios to use V4 or V5 or V6 skins.  The V4 one I think is at Rendo (I never bought any of these)

    Genesis 8 can use Genesis 3 skins by default.

    Clothing and Hair:

    You can go up (V4 to Genesis 1 to Genesis 2 to Genesis 3 to Genesis 8) by default using Autofit, but you'll need to purchase or make your own clones to go the other way.  (Genesis 3 to Genesis 8 is easier, but I still get a little lost in the tutorial SickleYield has over at Deviant Art).  There are additional templates in the store that improve the results.

    Morphs:
    GenX2 will transfer morphs to Genesis 2, and the Genesis 3 plug in extends this to Genesis 3.  Getting morphs from Genesis 3 to Genesis 8 ... That I think is the transfer utility thing, but I'm not sure.

    There is no Genesis 4, 5, 6.  They skipped those to reduce confusion and align version numbers.  (Gensis 8 is lined up with Victoria 8)

    And if I'm wrong about any of this, I'm sure someone else will correct me.

    By

    DaWaterRat DaWaterRat December 2017 in The Commons
  • Where are My Download Links

    I have buyed FW Honey, I have victoria 7 and in shop it say purchased, but she don't appear in people...

    What is the name of the file so I may see if it is installed ?

    If you're looking in "Content Library > Daz Studio Formats" she should be in  "People:Genesis 3 Female:Characters"

    If you're looking in Categories or Smart Content she should be in “Figures:People:Female:Real World”

    By

    fixmypcmike fixmypcmike December 2017 in New Users
  • Where are My Download Links

    I have buyed FW Honey, I have victoria 7 and in shop it say purchased, but she don't appear in people...

    What is the name of the file so I may see if it is installed ?

    By

    jinmoti1789 jinmoti1789 December 2017 in New Users
  • Gen 7 Legacy Morphs?

    So, here I was assuming it was just a short wait before the Genesis 3 Legacy morphs pack 1 would be out, and Slosh is thinking no one wants it. I suggest that the OP change the title of this thread to: "Do you want Genesis 3 Legacy Morphs?"

    I like RCDeschene's suggestion, and I would definitely be a buyer of a Victoria or Aiko or Darius product. I would really appreciate ALL the males from Genesis 3 (with the exception of Guy). I have not quite got the hang of the transfer utility.

    By

    xyer0 xyer0 December 2017 in The Commons
  • Gen 7 Legacy Morphs?

    I didn’t do Legacy Shapes this time around, for Genesis 3 to Genesis 8.  I wasn’t sure there would be an interest, since so many people have been transferring morphs on their own.  Plus, there are so many Genesis 3 shapes compared to past generations.  I couldn’t figure out which ones to do (and definitely don’t want to do ALL of them).  Do you think there is enough interest in Legacy shapes to do them for Genesis 8?  

    One thing I considered was, instead of doing 4 or 5 shapes in each set, like I did for G2 to G3, that maybe I would do a “Generations” set for the main characters.  For example, Aiko 3, 4, 5, 6 and 7 in one set (all for G8), Victoria 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 in another set, etc.

    If enough interest is shown, I might consider doing something like that, skipping the characters that are less popular, such as Eva or Scott, etc.

    That would be great! I think the idea of the "Generations" sets is really cool! 

    As for transferring morphs ourselves - I've had particular trouble with larger eye characters not transferring well. So I'd definitely be interested in a Girl set and an Aiko set. But yeah, a Victoria set sounds great too. MOST people are not transferring morphs themselves, I'm willing to bet. And I'm also willing to bet that most people who buy 3D content here would rather pay someone for the legacy shape morphs than fiddle with trying to do it themselves. lol I could be wrong of course, but I doubt there are seriously large numbers of people who know how to do morph transfers themselves between G3 and G8. 

    Right, such as myself. I mean, I CAN do it myself via Transfer Utility and all, but the post-organization isn't as convenient as it is with GenX. Not only that, speaking of GenX, the only thing we have somewhat close to a G8-supported version of it is SingularBlues' Script.
    I LOVE the idea of a Generations-focused series, as it matches the approach Daz themselves are taking with releasing this Generation's icons. Maybe you should do than is corrispondence to the ones we have already:
    Legacy Shapes Generations - Victoria
    Legacy Shapes Generations - Olympia
    Legacy Shapes Generations - Teen Josie
    Legacy Shapes Generations - Stephanie
    Legacy Shapes Generations - Monique
    Legacy Shapes Generations - Michael
    Legacy Shapes Generations - Darius
    Mei Lin & Lee are already confirmed, Aiko and Girl are given, Gia & Gianni are expected, as is Lilith, and not sure about Julie. Maybe you can bundle characters like David, Lucian and Elijah as "Lucas' Friends" or something? And of course, last but not least would be what I'm going to call the "don't hold your breath" line including:
    Legacy Shapes Generations - Anime Hero (Kenji 7, Hiro 5, Hiro 4, Hiro 3)
    Legacy Shapes Generations - Sci-Fi Tank (Ivan 7, Freak 5, Freak 4, Freak 3)
    Legacy Shapes Generations - Teen Boy (Teen Jayden, Tween Ryan, Young Teen Justin, Brodie)

    By

    RCDeschene RCDeschene December 2017 in The Commons
  • Specific fashion model style characters?

    I think some Victoria Secret models would be nice

     

    Eh, actually i think Victoria Secret models are much closer to characters that we see for daz/poser. Or that was my impression anyway.

    Ok, i'm back with some examples i had in mind! See attachments (if i'll manage to attach them).

    Would like to know if you think there is something that they all share besides being models, during youth years and shot in glamour melancholia manner. For me, there is something in faces, maybe they are "irregular" compared to more general "beauty standards" (sorry dont know better phrase). 
    And possibly  say if some characters for daz resemble them
     

    By

    Past as Future Past as Future December 2017 in Product Suggestions
  • RRRR - What can go wrong? Render Contest

    @Chameo: Good one!

    Tag: Totte#02 


    #3465 M4 Combat Shirt (Rendo)
    #6850 Your Move Poses for Victoria 6 and Michael 6 (#17994)
    #4515 Pretty in Pink (#9557) 
    #2708 Headphones (#14912)
    LB#1: #4382 Pharaohs of the Sun for Genesis Female (#14173)
    LB#2: #2644 Hagane Outfit for Genesis 2 Female(s) (#19641)
    LB#3: #804 Car Roland (#16337)

    Also used:
    M4 + Jepes FGH + M4 Military Uniform + P3D Army Boots
    F4 + Last Gladiator 
    Genesis + Kaylee + Fantasy Accessories + Queens Court 2
    IG Iray Monique 6 + Omri Hair 
    Old Warehouse
    Car Roland Iray Add-on
    Lee 7 + Iconic Outfit + DJ Headphones
    V8 + Bardot Outfit + Elan hair + Karaoke Machine Headphones
    Emission Profile Master

    Shaders:
    Human Shaders
    Iray Converter for Genesis
    UHT2 Ultra Salon
    Iray Total Lights

    The Personal Silent Rave Party

    It all went well until a big guy in a pink tutu showed up

     

    By

    Totte Totte December 2017 in Art Studio
  • Gen 7 Legacy Morphs?

    I didn’t do Legacy Shapes this time around, for Genesis 3 to Genesis 8.  I wasn’t sure there would be an interest, since so many people have been transferring morphs on their own.  Plus, there are so many Genesis 3 shapes compared to past generations.  I couldn’t figure out which ones to do (and definitely don’t want to do ALL of them).  Do you think there is enough interest in Legacy shapes to do them for Genesis 8?  

    One thing I considered was, instead of doing 4 or 5 shapes in each set, like I did for G2 to G3, that maybe I would do a “Generations” set for the main characters.  For example, Aiko 3, 4, 5, 6 and 7 in one set (all for G8), Victoria 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 in another set, etc.

    If enough interest is shown, I might consider doing something like that, skipping the characters that are less popular, such as Eva or Scott, etc.

    That would be great! I think the idea of the "Generations" sets is really cool! 

    As for transferring morphs ourselves - I've had particular trouble with larger eye characters not transferring well. So I'd definitely be interested in a Girl set and an Aiko set. But yeah, a Victoria set sounds great too. MOST people are not transferring morphs themselves, I'm willing to bet. And I'm also willing to bet that most people who buy 3D content here would rather pay someone for the legacy shape morphs than fiddle with trying to do it themselves. lol I could be wrong of course, but I doubt there are seriously large numbers of people who know how to do morph transfers themselves between G3 and G8. 

    By

    3Diva 3Diva December 2017 in The Commons
  • Gen 7 Legacy Morphs?

    I didn’t do Legacy Shapes this time around, for Genesis 3 to Genesis 8.  I wasn’t sure there would be an interest, since so many people have been transferring morphs on their own.  Plus, there are so many Genesis 3 shapes compared to past generations.  I couldn’t figure out which ones to do (and definitely don’t want to do ALL of them).  Do you think there is enough interest in Legacy shapes to do them for Genesis 8?  

    One thing I considered was, instead of doing 4 or 5 shapes in each set, like I did for G2 to G3, that maybe I would do a “Generations” set for the main characters.  For example, Aiko 3, 4, 5, 6 and 7 in one set (all for G8), Victoria 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 in another set, etc.

    If enough interest is shown, I might consider doing something like that, skipping the characters that are less popular, such as Eva or Scott, etc.

    By

    Slosh Slosh December 2017 in The Commons
  • Not To Worry, Friend, "There's Always Another Sale™"

    Many of the pro bundles from the sale (the girl 7, gianni 7, genevieve 7, anneka, Victoria 7) have no applied discount. They only have 30% off when added to the cart (showing $95,47 each in cart with a new release), and obviously get no loyalty discount. These are sitll in either the 2017 or 2015-2016 category.

    Please make sure you have relogged and/or done a hard clear cache.

    Please provide a pic of a sample cart that demonstrates the problem.  That goes for everyone. Please, you can help us with example carts.

    I have re-logged and hard refreshed, as well as tried in two browsers. Victoria is the only one I'm seeing discounted.

    By

    pruggi pruggi December 2017 in The Commons
  • Not To Worry, Friend, "There's Always Another Sale™"

    Many of the pro bundles from the sale (the girl 7, gianni 7, genevieve 7, anneka, Victoria 7) have no applied discount. They only have 30% off when added to the cart (showing $95,47 each in cart with a new release), and obviously get no loyalty discount. These are sitll in either the 2017 or 2015-2016 category.

    Please make sure you have relogged and/or done a hard clear cache.

    Please provide a pic of a sample cart that demonstrates the problem.  That goes for everyone. Please, you can help us with example carts.

    By

    Cris Palomino Cris Palomino December 2017 in The Commons
  • Not To Worry, Friend, "There's Always Another Sale™"

    Many of the pro bundles from the sale (the girl 7, gianni 7, genevieve 7, anneka, Victoria 7) have no applied discount. They only have 30% off when added to the cart (showing $95,47 each in cart with a new release), and obviously get no loyalty discount. These are sitll in either the 2017 or 2015-2016 category.

    What new release is in your cart? Could you show a screenshot of the cart?

    By

    ann0314 ann0314 December 2017 in The Commons
  • Not To Worry, Friend, "There's Always Another Sale™"

    Many of the pro bundles from the sale (the girl 7, gianni 7, genevieve 7, anneka, Victoria 7) have no applied discount. They only have 30% off when added to the cart (showing $95,47 each in cart with a new release), and obviously get no loyalty discount. These are sitll in either the 2017 or 2015-2016 category.

    By

    pruggi pruggi December 2017 in The Commons
  • Ice Dragon Art WIP's

    Jepes Dance of the Veils for V8 - This is a stunning piece fo work, the veils are gorgeous!

    Should be THE main promo in the store. Delightful!!!!

    By

    Novica Novica December 2017 in Art Studio
  • New Install - Help with Gen 4 & Genesis Please?

    First, are you using Daz or Poser? I think they both might be slightly different when it comes to loading the older figures. 

    Second, you'll need Victoria 4.2 to be able to transfer her morphs to Genesis (if that's what you want to do). And you'll need them all (Victoria 4.2, Genesis, Victoria's morphs) installed to the same place as GenX2 if you're working with Daz (I honestly don't know what you'd need if you're working with Poser as I don't have the program). 

    Here's a video tutorial:

    And there should be other tutorials and threads on the subject here. Just google "Transfer morphs from V4 to Genesis Daz forum" and you should get a lot of options with threads covering the topic. :) If you still have any questions, feel free to ask.

     

    By

    3Diva 3Diva December 2017 in The Commons
  • Real Eyebrows - G8

    Consider Marigold (Character). She comes with the best eyebrow set (fibermesh) I've ever seen on a DAZ model!

    https://www.daz3d.com/marigold-for-victoria-8

    By

    Visuimag Visuimag December 2017 in The Commons
Previous Next
Adding to Cart…

Daz 3D is part of Tafi

Connect

DAZ Productions, Inc.
7533 S Center View Ct #4664
West Jordan, UT 84084

HELP

Contact Us

Tutorials

Help Center

Sell Your 3D Content

Affiliate Program

Documentation Center

Open Source

Consent Preferences

JOIN DAZ

Memberships

Blog

About Us

Press

Careers

Bridges

Community

In the Studio

Gallery

Forum

DAZ STORE

Shop

Freebies

Published Artists

Licensing Agreement | Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | EULA

© 2026 Daz Productions Inc. All Rights Reserved.