• Daz 3D
  • Shop
  • 3D Software
    • Daz Studio Premier
    • Daz Studio
    • Install Manager
    • Exporters
    • Daz to Roblox
    • Daz to Maya
    • Daz to Blender
    • Daz to Unreal
    • Daz to Unity
    • Daz to 3ds Max
    • Daz to Cinema 4D
  • 3D Models
    • Genesis 9
    • Genesis 8.1
    • Free 3D Models
    • Game Ready
  • Community
    • Gallery
    • Forums
    • Blog
    • Press
    • Help
  • Memberships
    • Daz Premier
    • Daz Plus
    • Daz Base
    • Compare
  • AI Solutions
  • Download Studio
  • Menu
  • Daz 3D
  • Shop
  • 3d Software
    • Daz Studio Premier
    • Daz Studio
    • Install Manager
    • Exporters
    • Daz to Roblox
    • Daz to Maya
    • Daz to Blender
    • Daz to Unreal
    • Daz to Unity
    • Daz to 3ds Max
    • Daz to Cinema 4D
  • 3D Models
    • Genesis 9
    • Genesis 8.1
    • Free 3D Models
  • Community
    • Our Community
    • Gallery
    • Forums
    • Blog
    • Press
    • Help
  • Memberships
    • Daz Premier
    • Daz Plus
    • Daz Base
    • Compare
  • AI Solutions

Notifications

You currently have no notifications.

Loading...
Daz 3D Forums > Search
  • Which DAZ Genesis 8 M/F characters are the most realistic/beautiful?

    "

    Do you think that's an iRay problem?  I don't think eyes have to be the problem in DS.  Given the right textures, I think its an artist's problem.  But hair? Yeah.  No hair system in DS.  Polygon hair sucks.

    No Iray is not the problem in my view.
    The Daz eye geometry seems to lacks a certain 
    corneal bulge that maks them look flat and fake
    and the lower lids lack that wet rim.
    they scream DAZ/ POSER and this had not changed
    much since the day of the millenuim figures.

    Not that she is uber "photo realistic" but
    Here is a random "regular" young girl
    from a another sites gallery,
    next to one of the official promo pics 
    from the victoria 8 pro bundle.

     

    Sorry daz...but NOTHING about V8's eyes look even close
     real to me ..it is ike the difference between a "Final Fantasy" and a "Shrek"
    character.
    and when you compound that with the 1990's poser transmapped 
    painted hair strips that look even more rubbish in silouette,  you see the folly
    people trying to use stock Daz content in the fanciful pursuit of "photorealism".

     

    Ooh. Eyes! I can talk your ears off about eyes (and if you ever visited the iray skin thread I already have) 

    As mentioned there is a cornea bulge morph and the lower tear surface has been there in some form for pretty much all the generations. The only *real* difficulty with eyes in iray IMO is the inability to make a material not cast shadows (this is a feature I would absolutely love, but it is rather out of daz's hands) so if you set the eyes to refract properly there can be some shadowing issues (I'll also note that I prefer g3's eye setup to g8's if I'm honest) 

     

    That said I think I've gotten eyes in studio far closer to you first example than the V8 promos (not to toot my own horn but I like my eyes better than your specific example which doesn't appear to have much sss in the sclera, though of course I've seen more realistic examples than my offerings elsewhere)

    To put my money where my mouth is here are 2 renders where I think the eyes turned out *quite* well:

     

    And yes the only difference geometry wise is the cornea bulge morph and an iris depth morph. 

     

    By

    j cade j cade January 2018 in The Commons
  • My WIP and Reviews

    Colorful Nicole

    Nicole for Genesis 3 and 8 Female(s)

    Whitney Hair for Genesis 3 & 8 Female(s)

    Saree for Genesis 8 Female and Victoria 8

    DM's Melancholy

    InaneGlory's Photo Studio - Point and Shoot Iray

    Iray Ghost Light Kit

    https://www.daz3d.com/gallery/#images/511466/

    By

    mark128 mark128 January 2018 in Art Studio
  • Shape Rigger Plus(Commercial)

    Insta-bought! Yes, this is brilliant! I'm wondering how well it will transfer JCM/pose morphs and the like from say; G3-->G8? As I love using K.H. Image Studio's Ultimate Bend Morphs with my V7 figure but would love to transfer them over to V8, or better yet make my own!

    By

    takezo_3001 takezo_3001 January 2018 in Daz PA Commercial Products
  • Which DAZ Genesis 8 M/F characters are the most realistic/beautiful?

    "

    Do you think that's an iRay problem?  I don't think eyes have to be the problem in DS.  Given the right textures, I think its an artist's problem.  But hair? Yeah.  No hair system in DS.  Polygon hair sucks.

    No Iray is not the problem in my view.
    The Daz eye geometry seems to lacks a certain 
    corneal bulge that maks them look flat and fake
    and the lower lids lack that wet rim.
    they scream DAZ/ POSER and this had not changed
    much since the day of the millenuim figures.

    Not that she is uber "photo realistic" but
    Here is a random "regular" young girl
    from a another sites gallery,
    next to one of the official promo pics 
    from the victoria 8 pro bundle.

     

    Sorry daz...but NOTHING about V8's eyes look even close
     real to me ..it is ike the difference between a "Final Fantasy" and a "Shrek"
    character.
    and when you compound that with the 1990's poser transmapped 
    painted hair strips that look even more rubbish in silouette,  you see the folly
    people trying to use stock Daz content in the fanciful pursuit of "photorealism".

    By

    wolf359 wolf359 January 2018 in The Commons
  • Non-photorealistic Renders (NPR)

    A cover for one of my comic books. If I remember right It's just a genesis model with a metal shader for skin. The picture is then run through a filter forge filter. I can't remember which one because I lost my notes over the years. I think it started with a G.

    EDIT: Other than that filter and the composition of the various elements, no postwork.

    EDIT 2: Here's a sample from inside the book. Yup, thats some Victoria 4 action going on there!

    thanks :)

     

    great cover, really like the first image bottom left, just the right amount of patina!

     

    Thank you, sir! I had to google patina! ;) 

    By

    magicjava magicjava January 2018 in Art Studio
  • Celebrity Look-a-Likes for 3D figures Part 2

    Can anyone place MRL Brienne for me? She's definitely reminding me of someone, I know Mihrelle usually does look a likes, and it's driving me batty!

    Save me, Look-a-like thread. You're my only hope. 

    She mildly reminds me of Katheryn Winnick, actually rings like two characters from Vikings TV show, Lagertha and her gf Astrid (with shorter hair). Whole promo set rings like something inspired by the show to me.

    Not sure if mentioned but pretty obvious, Norman Reedus/Daryl Dixon (The Walking Dead) is Willis: https://www.daz3d.com/willis-bundle

    By

    valzheimer valzheimer January 2018 in The Commons
  • Non-photorealistic Renders (NPR)

    A cover for one of my comic books. If I remember right It's just a genesis model with a metal shader for skin. The picture is then run through a filter forge filter. I can't remember which one because I lost my notes over the years. I think it started with a G.

    EDIT: Other than that filter and the composition of the various elements, no postwork.

    EDIT 2: Here's a sample from inside the book. Yup, thats some Victoria 4 action going on there!

    thanks :)

     

    great cover, really like the first image bottom left, just the right amount of patina!

     

    By

    Headwax Headwax January 2018 in Art Studio
  • Non-photorealistic Renders (NPR)

    A cover for one of my comic books. If I remember right It's just a genesis model with a metal shader for skin. The picture is then run through a filter forge filter. I can't remember which one because I lost my notes over the years. I think it started with a G.

    EDIT: Other than that filter and the composition of the various elements, no postwork.

    EDIT 2: Here's a sample from inside the book. Yup, thats some Victoria 4 action going on there!

    By

    magicjava magicjava January 2018 in Art Studio
  • any tips for sarcastic faces?

    [any tips for sarcastic faces] In G3 or Victoria 8 figures? there doesn't seem to be any face expression packs for sarcastic smirks or frowns even. Is there anyone who can perhaps give pointers on the best ways to do these? are they hard or easy? thanks.

    By

    Toobis Toobis January 2018 in The Commons
  • MimicMolly's Renders & WIPs

    The following renders were inspired by the GamePrint figurines threads I've seen being posted in the forums. Like this one [x]. They contain:

    • Muelsfell Display Plinth
    • Garage kit shaders from Sakura 8 base
    • Fawna Hair for Genesis 3 Female(s)
    • Star 2.0 (I have the Stellar Bundle)
    • HFS Fantasy Shapes for Genesis 3 Female(s)
    • Lady Scarlett for Genesis 2 Female(s) (Hat and Sleeves)
    • Genesis Creature Creator Bundle
    • Troll for Genesis
    • The katana from the Genesis/Free DS version of Journeyer Scout
    • The corset from Dark Storm Outfit for G3F which is included in the G3F Starter Essentials
    • Her skirt is from RebelGirl Outfit for V4 by DIGIpixel. (Renderosity)

    I know the poke-through from the antlers could probably be removed with post work, but it doesn’t look too bad. I didn’t intend for this to look morbid, but then she was just too small on the stand and it was easier to have another figure on the ground than having to re-pose and re-scale everything.

    Here is a non-figurine version of this Star/Deer girl. With Victoria 7 textures and velvet shaders included with DS. Had to do some post work with GIMP.

    By

    MimicMolly MimicMolly January 2018 in Art Studio
  • V8 makeup issues

    Hi!

    Trying to get into V8 eventually, and althoug some of her related characters works fine, Victoria herself and her sister Olympia seem to be corrupt when it comes to the make-up part.

    Either I try the Iray makeups, and they do not load or I try the 3DL ones, and try to render in Iray using them and then I end up with white lips and white covers over the eye-brows. The only way around it, it seems is to use some other character's make-up (Elizabeth works fine!!), or to start with an untextured face and to do it all manually. And then I'm back at Genesis1 or even V4 when it comes to quality, long before SSS, and that cannot be the intent, can it?

    By

    Hera Hera January 2018 in The Commons
  • Where are M4's eyebrows?

    Victoria 4 was originally released without brows, and there was much complaining. Daz added the "eyebrow plate" in the first service release, doing it that way so existing morphs weren't broken, and Michael 4 had the equivalent from the outset. Unfortunately very few people used it (and as you say it is a single flat layer, not a layered mesh that could work like transmapped hair).

    Well, thanks for the info, Richard. I'm amazed that Daz, after having created such as fine upgrdae, they took one step backward in this regard? For close-ups, a texture alone simply is not sufficient for convincing realism!

    By

    cobusp cobusp January 2018 in Carrara Discussion
  • Where are M4's eyebrows?

    Victoria 4 was originally released without brows, and there was much complaining. Daz added the "eyebrow plate" in the first service release, doing it that way so existing morphs weren't broken, and Michael 4 had the equivalent from the outset. Unfortunately very few people used it (and as you say it is a single flat layer, not a layered mesh that could work like transmapped hair).

    By

    Richard Haseltine Richard Haseltine January 2018 in Carrara Discussion
  • Sakura 8

    Wow, there's a lot of stuff in that link that I don't have (including a "V3" version of Sera? Is that, like, "version 3" or "Victoria 3"?). Thanks for that!

    But yeah, if you want the hair, download the "Like_Hair_Set" and the "Long_Hair_For_Sera". The main part and the bangs are seperate. You'll find the static bangs in Poser's "Hair" directory and the rigged main part under Poser's "Figures" directory, both under "Futepen". You'll have to parent it to Sakura 8's head and move/scale it into position yourself.

    By

    TheNathanParable TheNathanParable January 2018 in The Commons
  • Genesis products

    Genesis 8 was a jump from Gensis 3 to make it match Genesis 8/Victoria 8, there are no Genesis 4/5/6 or 7, people got confused with G3/V7 relationship.

    thank you very much for the clarification. I'm not around constantly, so when I saw G8 on the site recently I wondered how I could have lagged behind with so much new stuff? Daz sometimes has a way of making things look xtra confusing: why, for instance, jump from Genesis 3 straight to 8? What happened in-between?

    By

    cobusp cobusp January 2018 in Carrara Discussion
  • Victoria 4 morphs ++ how to load them?

    Hold down the cmd (Mac)/ctrl(Win) ket when double-clicking the Victoria 4 figure icon - I think that will show the PowerLoader dialogue regardless of your previous option.

    By

    Richard Haseltine Richard Haseltine January 2018 in New Users
  • Victoria 4 morphs ++ how to load them?

    Hello,

    I made a mistake by when I loaded Victoria 4 it asked me if "it wants to show this again" for loading the morphs and I clicked no. Now Victoria 4 will not load the ++morphs.

    How can I load them to Victoria 4 now?

    By

    Illidanstorm Illidanstorm January 2018 in New Users
  • Map Manager [Commercial]

    I would like to convert skins for V4 to Genesis 8.

    Would you mind telling me can I do it if I purchase your map manager?

    And do you make tutorial video for the convert?

    Hi automaticcolors. No the map manager is not the product you need to do what you want; In your case you have several issues to solve. The best product you will need here is the "Legacy UVs for Genesis 8 Victoria 4" available here on Daz Store. If I remember well Caiman Studios does this product.

    By

    V3Digitimes V3Digitimes January 2018 in Daz PA Commercial Products
  • Does anyone know this G8/G3 character/model?

    Morph: https://www.daz3d.com/cathy-hd-for-victoria-7

    Texture: https://www.daz3d.com/p3d-danny-for-genesis-3-and-8-female

    I swear the answer to this question needs a sticky. laugh

    OOPS - maybe you posted by mistake?  So NOT Cathy!  So now I am curious too.

    Looks like Cathy's shape to me. With perhaps some minor tweaks to the nose and maybe mouth. But it looks pretty much like Catlhy's shape to me. :)

    By

    3Diva 3Diva January 2018 in The Commons
  • Does anyone know this G8/G3 character/model?

    Morph: https://www.daz3d.com/cathy-hd-for-victoria-7

    Texture: https://www.daz3d.com/p3d-danny-for-genesis-3-and-8-female

    I swear the answer to this question needs a sticky. laugh

    OOPS - maybe you posted by mistake?  So NOT Cathy!  So now I am curious too.

    No I didn't, the general consensus is that the morph is Cathy. There are many similar ones, though, it's basically impossible to 100% pin down a morph.

    I think it's probably Cathy too - with perhaps a tiny bit of Danny also mixed in to soften Cathy's nose just a tad? :) Just a guess. But yeah, I'd say she's predominantly Cathy's shape.

    By

    3Diva 3Diva January 2018 in The Commons
Previous Next
Adding to Cart…

Daz 3D is part of Tafi

Connect

DAZ Productions, Inc.
7533 S Center View Ct #4664
West Jordan, UT 84084

HELP

Contact Us

Tutorials

Help Center

Sell Your 3D Content

Affiliate Program

Documentation Center

Open Source

Consent Preferences

JOIN DAZ

Memberships

Blog

About Us

Press

Careers

Bridges

Community

In the Studio

Gallery

Forum

DAZ STORE

Shop

Freebies

Published Artists

Licensing Agreement | Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | EULA

© 2026 Daz Productions Inc. All Rights Reserved.