-
Adding Dual Quaternion support to UnrealEngine4 (Images inside)
I'm making this code freely to everyone on my 4.14 branch on github (AlienRenders account) when I'm done cleaning up the code.
Did you made it?
We hope that a process will continue https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/134541/math-dual-quaternions-with-scaling-how/p1
Dear AlienRenders we all watching your work and hope you made it!
I hope too, because it's absolutely amazing! I was trying to adapt Daz morphs to UE4 before, spent mounts without success... With AlienRenders's mod it was soo easy to move daz ppl to unreal!! Of course, there is still lot of work except jcms, like skin,eyes, lod, dynmaic clothes, etc. etc. But DQ skinning was the real roadblock.
Examples pics and video of Victoria8 in modded UE4, DQ jcms in action: https://crazyrestosim.wordpress.com/2018/01/30/victoria-goes-to-the-beach-video/
Thank you AlienRenders!
Characters for gamesWe made some progress since that post, see more pics and video here:
https://crazyrestosim.wordpress.com/2018/01/30/victoria-goes-to-the-beach-video/
Video (recording killed color somehow, it's should be like screenshots)
Missing files from DAZ even when I installed them many times and also changed my HDD.In my case, it is going to C:\Users\Public\Documents\My DAZ 3D Library where it's split up among props, characters, and what not.
I've spent the last couple of hours looking for duplicate files and directory paths and come up dry, I cant get any characters to work with the exception of the base Victoria, Michale, Hiro, and Akio actors, but none of their ad-ons will take. Computer continues to clain it cannot find the files.
Split up as in that is th eway it is isntalled, or split up by you moving the files or telling DIM to use sub-directories?
Character IDWhat hair product is that? It would be easier if there's a chance to know at least what Generation we're dealing with to identify the character.
SWAM's Long Hair (https://www.daz3d.com/long-hair-for-genesis-3-female-s)
Since it's a SWAM hair product, there's a high chance it would be a P3Design figure. I'm guessing Josina (https://www.daz3d.com/p3d-josina-hd-for-victoria-7).
Pro bundle pricing?Make sure you check the freebies section regularly. Whille I haven't gotten any pro bundles, I did get Victoria 6 and Scott 6 base figures as well as Stephanie 6 and Lee 6 starte bundles free(no purchase required). Now that G8 is out, they may be putting G3 figures and starter bundles in the freebies section.
Novica & Forum Members Tips & Product Reviews Pt 10I got some products yesterday that I am pretty pleased with so far:
Blithe Hair for G3F and G8F AprilYSH, so my expectations were high. Yup, looks as good as I expected from her.
P3D Fara for V8 I always seem pleased with my P3D purchases. Fara is no exception so far. She looks a little yellow here, but I think it is the unusual lighting of the Dresden Station HDRI from HDRI Haven.
Pumps 4 for G8F They fit well on Fara and have lots of colors and color combinations.
dForce Soulful Outfit for G8F This outfit is a little far out for me, but it had a useful morph to lengthen the pants, so I liked that. It simulated well on Fara, although I didn't like the look of the scarf and deleted it.
I used the Now-Crowd Billobards - Modern City Life in this render. I'm really having fun with those. I got them a few days ago. I highly recommend them for populating your scene backgrounds without requiring too many resources.
I think I missed my train
Which DAZ Genesis 8 M/F items are the most realistic?Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Perhaps if you want absolutely drop dead goergous how about
https://www.daz3d.com/lydia-hd-for-victoria-7
To me this is a bit too perfect.
I strongly agree with you and what I'm hoping to see are characters that have so much details in the skin that they look like real people instead of everybody using the same stale old "merchant resource" that has washed out skin with no "real details". The skin should look real because it has so much detail .. we want fingerprints on the fingers and palm prints on the palms. The under side of the arm should be a different color from the top of the arms since thats how it is on every human alive.. look at your own skin and make it look like that! I have micro hairs and small scrapes and freckles.. we need all the details.
Thanks for making a great character. Keep up the great work...You're dreaming. That level of detail would take an insane number of hours and months of work. The PA would have to charge 100's of dollars at least to make it worth the countless hours to create that level of detail. Creating skin textures is extremely difficult and time-consuming and getting ahold of good high-resolution skin photos to do it can be very expensive.
It sounds like you want a figure that is indistinguishable from a real person - but sadly, 3D figures just aren't there yet.
Of course you were right but I just have to ask.. Are we their yet? For me my favorites are always the most realistic.. it also means I end up with a lot of frogs to kiss but then my favorite outfits are by Luthbel and he always charges extra.. I would imagine that he/she spends a lot of time making those damn great looking clothing and no doubt MEC3D, Midnight Stories, Slosh, Dreamlight, Stonemasons (just my short list from memory) all make very few items that stand out... Just to name a few. You can't tell me that the years spent crafting "Urban Sprawl 3' doesn't make that product worth a heck of a lot more than the under $60 they charge.. Hopefully they make the money through a large volume of sales. Interesting enough... one of my favorites is the Genesis Supersuit.. I can still get that fitting Genesis 8 and it has so many options that no super hero should ever be without... an update on that would be AMAZING if yo ask me...
So for me... I ask "Which items are the best" because its helping me to find things I might have missed... Love to hear your current favorites too.Alicia's WonderlandAnd I purchased the beautiful Jazmine by Raiya while in fastgrab https://www.daz3d.com/jazmine-hd-for-victoria-7 and made some adjustments to the skin and a some morph tweaking. I think the character is gorgeous! With Pascale hair. https://www.daz3d.com/pascale-hair-for-genesis-3-8-female-s

Absolutely stunning render!
Novica & Forum Members Tips & Product Reviews Pt 10I bought a few things, too. Not sure what was going on with the store—glitches, obviously—but I picked up Karyssa Pro for under $30 with my 25% offer, and grabbed Adventuring Party Bundle, Forgotten Grotto Bundle and G2F Adventure Bundle as my freebies. I also bought P3D Tilly, Kagiso, Stryker, the Bella Blue bundle and a PC+ product, Sleeping and Napping for G3F poses.
I haven't had a chance to play with anything yet, (I needed to add some images to my wip thread,) but I'm going to go do that now.
does 'mimic live!' work for G3 and Victoria 8 figures?Came across this; https://www.daz3d.com/mimic-live does anybody know if it works for G3 figures and Victoria/Michael 8? thankyou.
Missing files from DAZ even when I installed them many times and also changed my HDD.In my case, it is going to C:\Users\Public\Documents\My DAZ 3D Library where it's split up among props, characters, and what not.
I've spent the last couple of hours looking for duplicate files and directory paths and come up dry, I cant get any characters to work with the exception of the base Victoria, Michale, Hiro, and Akio actors, but none of their ad-ons will take. Computer continues to clain it cannot find the files.
Alicia's WonderlandThese truly are wonderful portraits. I love your choice of colors.
You can definitely combine multiple figures hiding parts and try to fix in post as you have outlined for V4's head to G3 or G8 body. However, there are a number of ways to make or purchase a V4/M4 head morph for other figures. Darkhorse1, for example, is supposed to have a converter. (won't link to it on the forum but you should be able to find it). Sickleyield has tutorials for making morphs and clones. Just something to consider.
Keep up the great work.
Thanks @Diomede , is that different from GenX? I feel like I could get a character GenX'd over, but the facial structure wouldn't work the same. I like the way mouth expressions especially look so much better on V4 than any of the Genesises...
Going to avoid linking just in case there is a Mod issue. I am copying the text steps from a Deviantart page (niklos65). It involves Darkhorse1, etc. mentioned above.
The character is Mihrelle's Astrid converted to G8F.
Steps for the morph:
1) Use Darkhound1's V4 to G3F converter
2) Follow SickleYield's tut on converting G3F Characters to G8F (Darkhound1 has a converter for this also, but I had troubles with the "eyes" with it, could have been my bad.)
3)Make sure to transfer darkhound1's Victoria 4 base morphs too. You need to dial these in to get the character morph to look right. I use only the V4 head, and usually like the look of the character morphs on the G8F base body. One of the big pluses for G8F is the natural way she poses, so less distortion is better. Should probably recreate the body with G8F dials, but this works.
Steps for the texture:
4) Converted the Texture using Texture Transformer (you need an addon for V4 to G3F too.) 2.0 converts multiple files from .pz2 files, so the process is fairly automated.
5) Convert it to Iray (I used N.G.S. Anagenessis 2 - Revolution) for this figure.Thanks @Diomede, will check all that out! I have Cayman's legacy UV for V4 to G8. Don't you need geoshells for the texture?
Latino/a charactersYou should name the specfic one you are interested in as Lintina is a wide variety of looks.
There is Benita for Victoria 8 too.
Please, identify this pantiesDo you know this ?
https://www.daz3d.com/z-coquette-poses-for-genesis-8-female-and-victoria-8
Thank you!
Feature length production possible with Daz3D?For a feature length movie you are better of exporting
Daz figures& content to another more full featured application
Even Carrara would be better then attempting such a project in Daz studio.Thanks - that helps. I'm currently looking at Blender and Maya. The former because it's free, and the latter because it's an "industry standard" and since I may need some help from freelancers to complete the project, it would be good to use an industry standard. A lot of people are recommending Cinema4D as well because of easy export (DAE or something?) and because it's the "easiest to learn" 3D package out there. So my question here would be, which package do you think is most suitable?
particularly if you plan on creating a real movie with a full cast and multiple enviroments
if you plan on doing only Nudie/semi girls in an empty universe, then Daz Studio will suffice.The idea is based off the books I've written (and self-published on Amazon). I have quite severely cut down the production scope (going from 85 characters to just 11, also 59 environments/locations to 18, etc.). So, yes, it would be more in the "real movie with a full cast and multiple environments" category than just nudes :) Even after the reduction in story and characters, though, it ends up being a hefty first project!
Also you must know film editing ,sound engineering,lighting
Shot framing and have a viable solution for your voice acting.
This means having knowledge of other Disciplines outside of the
Daz prefab, click,load & render universeI have done cinematography and direction on small budget TV commercial stuff, so framing, lighting, editing, color correction, sound editing, voices, etc. are all the easy part for me. I can either do those myself or arrange them externally (e.g. voice actors). I'm not worried about rendering either, since I have access to a friend's 4 x 1080 Ti workstation that renders Iray scenes super-quickly (since Iray can use all four GPUs), e.g. close up of Victoria 7's face with HD materials rendered in approx. 1 min 45 seconds, and a body length shot rendered in just under 40 seconds.
One of my worries was actually with freelancers telling me that Daz3D meshes weren't good enough. See the parallel thread on this matter here:
https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/228516/freelancers-claim-issue-with-daz-character-suitabilityBased on your experience working on the Galactus Rising project, what would you say about the Daz3D meshes? Are they working well enough for your dialogue scenes? Are they able to emote well enough (especially in close-ups)?
Another concern with regards to a feature length production is the time and effort involved in actually getting the animations done. It seems like a massive undertaking. How long have you been working on Galactus? How many hours of your time would you estimate it takes to do 1 second of finished animation?
Alicia's WonderlandThese truly are wonderful portraits. I love your choice of colors.
You can definitely combine multiple figures hiding parts and try to fix in post as you have outlined for V4's head to G3 or G8 body. However, there are a number of ways to make or purchase a V4/M4 head morph for other figures. Darkhorse1, for example, is supposed to have a converter. (won't link to it on the forum but you should be able to find it). Sickleyield has tutorials for making morphs and clones. Just something to consider.
Keep up the great work.
Thanks @Diomede , is that different from GenX? I feel like I could get a character GenX'd over, but the facial structure wouldn't work the same. I like the way mouth expressions especially look so much better on V4 than any of the Genesises...
Going to avoid linking just in case there is a Mod issue. I am copying the text steps from a Deviantart page (niklos65). It involves Darkhorse1, etc. mentioned above.
The character is Mihrelle's Astrid converted to G8F.
Steps for the morph:
1) Use Darkhound1's V4 to G3F converter
2) Follow SickleYield's tut on converting G3F Characters to G8F (Darkhound1 has a converter for this also, but I had troubles with the "eyes" with it, could have been my bad.)
3)Make sure to transfer darkhound1's Victoria 4 base morphs too. You need to dial these in to get the character morph to look right. I use only the V4 head, and usually like the look of the character morphs on the G8F base body. One of the big pluses for G8F is the natural way she poses, so less distortion is better. Should probably recreate the body with G8F dials, but this works.
Steps for the texture:
4) Converted the Texture using Texture Transformer (you need an addon for V4 to G3F too.) 2.0 converts multiple files from .pz2 files, so the process is fairly automated.
5) Convert it to Iray (I used N.G.S. Anagenessis 2 - Revolution) for this figure.Alicia's WonderlandAnd I purchased the beautiful Jazmine by Raiya while in fastgrab https://www.daz3d.com/jazmine-hd-for-victoria-7 and made some adjustments to the skin and a some morph tweaking. I think the character is gorgeous! With Pascale hair. https://www.daz3d.com/pascale-hair-for-genesis-3-8-female-s

Looks gorgeous!! Love the lighting and render. She look so real.
Sakura 8Wonderland, the reason sometimes a head is best is because the outfit you want to autofit may do funny things in posing. I have everything I really need to do a miko priestess's outfit if I want to use nothing but Victoria 4. However anything else and the long flowing sleeves of the kimono has a tendency to weld to the hips and do some very unwanted things in posing :D
I actually want to put V4's head on G3 or G8 because I like the way expressions look on her much better than any of the Genesises. I can never get the mouth to look the way I want it on any of the Genesises...
And @divamakeup I am not a diva, I'm just tumbling through the rabbit hole LOL

Nothing wrong with being a diva. lol
any tips for sarcastic faces?The Dreamworks/Disney face of that style is way overused now. The signal for sarcasm that most people hate to be the target of is 'eye-rolling'.
I wouldn't call that Dreamworks Face "sarcastic". Smarmy, but not sarcastic. The eye roll is more for a sign of disdain.
This expression https://www.daz3d.com/gwen-hair-for-genesis-3-and-2-female-s-and-victoria-4 would follow a sarcastic remark.
"I guess that Liberal Arts degree was the best path to being unemployable, after all."
Morphs from G3 to G8I've looked at he documentation for FWSA Paloma. I see no reason would not transfer.
Bear in mind. This product is "For Victoria 7" so if you don't transfer vicki 7, it won't work correctly.
When techie people say stuff like "I see no reason it won't work" it because there's no basic reason it won't work. Either it is not being used correctly, or something specific is broken and the tech person has not been informed.
The most obvious way to get the script to "fail" is to mess up the "one and only one," instruaction. It's easy to do. Forget to clear a favorite, seek a new morph, favorite that, start a transfer.
The issue is, again, the script only expects one favorite, and if gets more, you can predict which it will use. Say you transfer X. X is transfered. You add Y to favorites without removing X. Y is transfered. You add Z with removing X or Y. Y is transfered. From your POV, the script stopped working. From the script's POV it is doing exactly what you are telling it to, which to transfer Y.
Why? It's technical, but the bottom line is it expects on favorite, but it checks all morphs to see if any are favorited. If it finds the morphs in the order Z, X, Y it will say, "You want Z, no wait forget Z, because I found X, no wait forget X because I found Y. I've found nothing elses, so you want Y."
As I said, there is no easy way to predict what order it will find the morphs in. There probably is a pattern to it, I just don't need to know what it is. Just make sure to clear your favorites before a transfer and make sure and required products are also transfered for best results. Also note, as I mentioned befoe, the HD aspects of this product will not transfer. I don't know how much is HD, that much doesn't matter. The properties would still transfer.

















