• Daz 3D
  • Shop
  • 3D Software
    • Daz Studio Premier
    • Daz Studio
    • Install Manager
    • Exporters
    • Daz to Roblox
    • Daz to Maya
    • Daz to Blender
    • Daz to Unreal
    • Daz to Unity
    • Daz to 3ds Max
    • Daz to Cinema 4D
  • 3D Models
    • Genesis 9
    • Genesis 8.1
    • Free 3D Models
    • Game Ready
  • Community
    • Gallery
    • Forums
    • Blog
    • Press
    • Help
  • Memberships
    • Daz Premier
    • Daz Plus
    • Daz Base
    • Compare
  • AI Solutions
  • Download Studio
  • Menu
  • Daz 3D
  • Shop
  • 3d Software
    • Daz Studio Premier
    • Daz Studio
    • Install Manager
    • Exporters
    • Daz to Roblox
    • Daz to Maya
    • Daz to Blender
    • Daz to Unreal
    • Daz to Unity
    • Daz to 3ds Max
    • Daz to Cinema 4D
  • 3D Models
    • Genesis 9
    • Genesis 8.1
    • Free 3D Models
  • Community
    • Our Community
    • Gallery
    • Forums
    • Blog
    • Press
    • Help
  • Memberships
    • Daz Premier
    • Daz Plus
    • Daz Base
    • Compare
  • AI Solutions

Notifications

You currently have no notifications.

Loading...
Daz 3D Forums > Search
  • Broken Rigging for custom shape - how to fix it?

    A little update - I found (seemingly) 2 similar cases in the forum - one concerns ribbon fingers and name duplicates (https://forum.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/67346/solved-genesis-3-female-finger-issue), another has deal with Memorize Rigging for eyes (https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/56977/is-this-a-bug-the-product-i-am-using-or-just-me). But I haven't got any exact answer through those threads. What about name duplicates - they must be the same withing all morph list in Genesis 3 Female only, or if Genesis 3 Male data folder contains similarly named morphs, they may be a reason of that messing too? I have a morph named Kids 4 Female for G3M, it served like a base for several JCMs earlier.  And how to delete the custom shape from the base DSF file for G3F? She is loaded every time with that custom morph turned on, I feel it causes the most of errors. And yes, this ribbon fingers occur mostly with child or younger (shortened) shapes.

    I attempted also to Memorize Rigging for re-rigged shape, but it leads to disappearing of some bones only. How to save rigging permanently for one partucular morph? In the eyes thread I found such advice -

    "I suspect the links are set to save with the wrong thing - the rigging, not the morph. After (quickly, since it's just a test) redoing the rigging changes and the ERC Freeze find the morph in the Property Hierarchy, then under Sub-components find the rigging changes and under their attributes see what the link is set to save with. If it's the rigging proeprty, not the morph, then that is the issue - redo the changes properly and before saving change the setting to tell the ERC link to save with your morph."

    What exactly should I change in the Property Hierarchy, to glue the rigging of the arms and hands to the corresponding parts of the mesh? So far, it behaves weird when bones seen in the Joint Editor move in a right way, but mesh doesn't follow them and gets distortions.

    Moreover, if I change the name and label of this particular morph which was set as a controller property for JCMs, how to re-hook all JCMs in the in the Property Hierarchy, can I set the renamed property as a new controller or I should reload all JCMs via Morph Loader again?

    By

    wargis wargis October 2022 in Technical Help (nuts n bolts)
  • Full Female Armour for G8F
    Thanks for providing those links. Some of those I have purchased. But I had never seen GolaM's High Paladin set before in any store search. Beautiful armor and so kitbash-able.

    By

    TykeyStudios TykeyStudios October 2022 in The Commons
  • Genesis 9 Character Issue - Fewer Surfaces!?

    Richard Haseltine said:

    kirbawirba said:

    Richard Haseltine said:

    Keiku said:

    kirbawirba said:

    nysalor_7ad75f2450 said:

    Keiku said:

    Perhaps these forum categories are not as well defined as I'd thought. Perhaps there should be one to discuss problems with characters. But I digress.
    To return to my original topic: What is the deal with the surfaces for Genesis 9? Why are they now so limited?

    Have you read the announcements? Because they are now industry standard. Changes to lips, eyes etc. are easily accomplished with mapping and LIEs. Just like we do now.

     

    Cheers

    Is there a good place to find out how to do this? I've only ever done it through individual surfaces with Specular settings. Never used LIE to accomplish it. 

    I still haven't found or been given an appropriate answer. I even created another post in a more appropriate section of the form and tried to be more specific to finally get an actual answer. But it was closed. L.I.E was the only thing mentioned which of course is not an acceptible work around as you know and like you I've never used it either. We can use the geometry editor but that isn't going to work well for close ups. So the only solution left is custom specular maps, but that's a major pain in the butt.

    You may not like the answer but you have been given the answer - LIE or a Geometry Shell.

    Does anyone know of a place to look up how to accomplish either of those techniques? Don't geoshells use the same surface properties as what they're based on? IE if there isn't a specific lip surface to tweak on the model, there won't be one for the geoshell too?  Sorry, I usually don't use them, so I'm not too familiar with how they work... 

    Either needs a mask to control the effect - you might be able to make one from one of the existing control maps by adjusting levels to clean the join and simply erasing the bits far from the lips (or whichever part is targeted).

    LOL  I know even less about masks than I do geoshells... I'll look it up but if anyone has a good breakdown on them, I'd appreciate it. 

    By

    kirbawirba kirbawirba October 2022 in Art Studio
  • Genesis 9 clothing questions & answers

    Pancake said:

    jeylien said:

    (after having used transfer utility to fit the G9 G8m clone shape to an actual G8m and then dialing in the HFS Ultimate Shapes morphs for the alien and animal type legs, there were obvious distortions with some vertices between the toes not really matching up well enough to make the morph transfer over), but the everything else including hands, face, eyes, ears-- basically the other typical problem areas-- seems to work really well! So this isn't just useful for clothing, but also transfering morphs from G8. Which is going to enable me to start using G9 much much sooner now. I'm excited!!

    Apologies, where was the tool that allows the use of G8 morphs? I looked in the dev utilities and didn't see anything applicable after clicking around. Though it could be I have something incomplete as i've seen a few people on the forum talk about having partial downloads. 

     

    Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner, just noticing this now -- 
    There is no tool (yet, that I know of) that allows the use of G8 morphs on G9. However if you're familiar with the use of the Transfer Utility in Daz Studio, and if there's a clone shape in the figure you're wanting to transfer to (in this case G9) for the figure you're wanting to get the morph from (G8 male or female), there is a process you can try, and which is applicable to basically any generation of genesis figures if you have the respective clone shapes. SickleYield gave a good tutorial some years back, here: https://www.deviantart.com/sickleyield/journal/Tutorial-Transferring-Character-Morphs-G1G2G3G8-409437916 . 
    In short summary, what you have to do is: (1) load the figure you're wanting the shape to be on (again G9); (2) dial up the clone shape of the figure the morph is for (G8 m or f, this requires making hidden parameters visible in the parameters pane, and probably doing a search for "genesis 8"); (3) set figure to base resolution; (4) export as obj; (5) load the figure that has the morph you want (here G8); (6) import the obj of the other figure in the clone shape; (7) use the Transfer Utility to fit that obj to the source figure; (8) dial up the morph you want on the source figure, the fitted obj mesh should follow and display the shape too with varying levels of accuracy; (9) hide the source figure, export just the fitted obj mesh which should now have the morph shape from the source, export as new obj; (10) clear the scene, load your target figure (in this case G9); (11) use Morph Loader Pro to use the morphed obj from step9 to now create a morph for the target figure you want. If all goes well, you'll get a passable base-res version of the morph from the other figure, onto the figure you want. :)
     

    By

    jeylien jeylien October 2022 in The Commons
  • Genesis 9 Character Issue - Fewer Surfaces!?

    kirbawirba said:

    Richard Haseltine said:

    Keiku said:

    kirbawirba said:

    nysalor_7ad75f2450 said:

    Keiku said:

    Perhaps these forum categories are not as well defined as I'd thought. Perhaps there should be one to discuss problems with characters. But I digress.
    To return to my original topic: What is the deal with the surfaces for Genesis 9? Why are they now so limited?

    Have you read the announcements? Because they are now industry standard. Changes to lips, eyes etc. are easily accomplished with mapping and LIEs. Just like we do now.

     

    Cheers

    Is there a good place to find out how to do this? I've only ever done it through individual surfaces with Specular settings. Never used LIE to accomplish it. 

    I still haven't found or been given an appropriate answer. I even created another post in a more appropriate section of the form and tried to be more specific to finally get an actual answer. But it was closed. L.I.E was the only thing mentioned which of course is not an acceptible work around as you know and like you I've never used it either. We can use the geometry editor but that isn't going to work well for close ups. So the only solution left is custom specular maps, but that's a major pain in the butt.

    You may not like the answer but you have been given the answer - LIE or a Geometry Shell.

    Does anyone know of a place to look up how to accomplish either of those techniques? Don't geoshells use the same surface properties as what they're based on? IE if there isn't a specific lip surface to tweak on the model, there won't be one for the geoshell too?  Sorry, I usually don't use them, so I'm not too familiar with how they work... 

    Either needs a mask to control the effect - you might be able to make one from one of the existing control maps by adjusting levels to clean the join and simply erasing the bits far from the lips (or whichever part is targeted).

    By

    Richard Haseltine Richard Haseltine October 2022 in Art Studio
  • Healthy and less healthy positions and postures
    I've done freebie pose sets of backache caused by high heels, shivering, vomiting and limping. All pretty sub optimal. They're over on Renderosity and in my Freebie lists there. (Also in the freebie forum here, but much more difficult to find.) Just remembered the blooper sets I did for a doorway fitness rail. Also somewhat sub-optimal ;) . Regards, Richard.

    By

    richardandtracy richardandtracy October 2022 in Product Suggestions
  • how to sell nfts ?

    Richard Haseltine said:

    Moved to the NFT forum as it is not a Daz Studio topic.

    An NFT is usually a link, so post your image (ideally somewhere that the URL will not chnage) and use the link as input for an NFT. Making an NFT directly from the image data would be extremely costly, if it was even practical at all.

    This depends.  With Opensea, you can upload the public image to them and it doesn't cost to do so.  If you're happey with the public image being what's offerred, then there is no cost to upload and you don't have to host it somewhere else.  If you upload a low-res image for the public facing image and made the high-res image available only after someone buys the NFT, then yes, you would have to host that image somewhere else and put the link in the hidden content. 

    And I'll apologize now if this comes across as an ad for Opensea, but it's the site I use to create, so it's what I'm familiar with.  Wtih Opensea, you set up your "collection" first, then create the NFT that goes in the collection.  The forms are pretty straight-forward, but you don't have to fill out everything - you don't need to select "traits" or "levels" if you don't want.

    Fees are a little more complicated.  Opensea used to charge a one-time fee to creators when creating their first NFT, but recently they did away with that and now charge a one-time fee to sellers the first time they list each collection.  Every transfer of your NFT wil incur a gas fee, the cost to record your transaction on the blockchain.  Different networks have different fees, so when creating the collection, choose the network you wnat to mint on carefully.  Etherium is the one with all the expensive gas fees.  You could pay anywhere from a dollar to several dollars for each transaction depending on how busy the network is.  Polygon/Matic generally costs less than a penny per transaction (including that collection approval fee).  Opensea does support a number of other networks, so you'd have to look into each one to get an idea of individual fees for those.  Unless you're a celebrity or other high profile project looking for clout, you probably don't need to mint on ETH. 

    One word of caution, the economy has accelerated the burst of the NFT bubble.  NFT buyers are looking more and more for NFTs that offer something more than a picture.  Unless you have an audience buying to support you, you will have a difficult time selling or you'll be disappointed in how cheap you have to list in order to get someone to take a gamble.

    By

    jjmainor jjmainor October 2022 in Non-Fungible Token (NFT) Art
  • Genesis 9 Character Issue - Fewer Surfaces!?

    Richard Haseltine said:

    Keiku said:

    kirbawirba said:

    nysalor_7ad75f2450 said:

    Keiku said:

    Perhaps these forum categories are not as well defined as I'd thought. Perhaps there should be one to discuss problems with characters. But I digress.
    To return to my original topic: What is the deal with the surfaces for Genesis 9? Why are they now so limited?

    Have you read the announcements? Because they are now industry standard. Changes to lips, eyes etc. are easily accomplished with mapping and LIEs. Just like we do now.

     

    Cheers

    Is there a good place to find out how to do this? I've only ever done it through individual surfaces with Specular settings. Never used LIE to accomplish it. 

    I still haven't found or been given an appropriate answer. I even created another post in a more appropriate section of the form and tried to be more specific to finally get an actual answer. But it was closed. L.I.E was the only thing mentioned which of course is not an acceptible work around as you know and like you I've never used it either. We can use the geometry editor but that isn't going to work well for close ups. So the only solution left is custom specular maps, but that's a major pain in the butt.

    You may not like the answer but you have been given the answer - LIE or a Geometry Shell.

    Does anyone know of a place to look up how to accomplish either of those techniques? Don't geoshells use the same surface properties as what they're based on? IE if there isn't a specific lip surface to tweak on the model, there won't be one for the geoshell too?  Sorry, I usually don't use them, so I'm not too familiar with how they work... 

    By

    kirbawirba kirbawirba October 2022 in Art Studio
  • Genesis 9 Character Issue - Fewer Surfaces!?

    Keiku said:

    kirbawirba said:

    nysalor_7ad75f2450 said:

    Keiku said:

    Perhaps these forum categories are not as well defined as I'd thought. Perhaps there should be one to discuss problems with characters. But I digress.
    To return to my original topic: What is the deal with the surfaces for Genesis 9? Why are they now so limited?

    Have you read the announcements? Because they are now industry standard. Changes to lips, eyes etc. are easily accomplished with mapping and LIEs. Just like we do now.

     

    Cheers

    Is there a good place to find out how to do this? I've only ever done it through individual surfaces with Specular settings. Never used LIE to accomplish it. 

    I still haven't found or been given an appropriate answer. I even created another post in a more appropriate section of the form and tried to be more specific to finally get an actual answer. But it was closed. L.I.E was the only thing mentioned which of course is not an acceptible work around as you know and like you I've never used it either. We can use the geometry editor but that isn't going to work well for close ups. So the only solution left is custom specular maps, but that's a major pain in the butt.

    Well, I DID just try out adjusting the head specular map in GIMP. basically I just brushed the entire lip area to be far darker, exported it under a slightly different name (please make sure you do that, don't save it under the original name :D ) and just used that for the head specular map, and the result was not-as-dry-looking lips.  Quite framkly, I think most of the stock or complete face makeup options are way too over the top and I have no real time or experience adjusting all these things manually. I really don't like most of the DAZ preset makeup options on just about all of their original characters... that's actually been a complaint of mine since I started using the program, honestly, but also a whole other topic! 

    By

    kirbawirba kirbawirba October 2022 in Art Studio
  • Genesis 8 clone shapes in Genesis 9??

    Mada said:

    That particular developer tool is for clothing :) Don't save your figure afterwards, or if you really want to save it save it under a completely new name. More info and a video about that feature in this thread.
    https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/597726/genesis-9-clothing-questions

     

    And thank you too, Mada! I know that feature is meant for clothing, but as I said in that thread you linked before, it's also useful for morph transfering, and various other applications. 
    Anyways, it's sorted now, so I wish I could delete this whole forum discussion/post, since I feel like a total dufus now for all to see lol...
     

    By

    jeylien jeylien October 2022 in The Commons
  • Genesis 9 Character Issue - Fewer Surfaces!?

    Keiku said:

    kirbawirba said:

    nysalor_7ad75f2450 said:

    Keiku said:

    Perhaps these forum categories are not as well defined as I'd thought. Perhaps there should be one to discuss problems with characters. But I digress.
    To return to my original topic: What is the deal with the surfaces for Genesis 9? Why are they now so limited?

    Have you read the announcements? Because they are now industry standard. Changes to lips, eyes etc. are easily accomplished with mapping and LIEs. Just like we do now.

     

    Cheers

    Is there a good place to find out how to do this? I've only ever done it through individual surfaces with Specular settings. Never used LIE to accomplish it. 

    I still haven't found or been given an appropriate answer. I even created another post in a more appropriate section of the form and tried to be more specific to finally get an actual answer. But it was closed. L.I.E was the only thing mentioned which of course is not an acceptible work around as you know and like you I've never used it either. We can use the geometry editor but that isn't going to work well for close ups. So the only solution left is custom specular maps, but that's a major pain in the butt.

    You may not like the answer but you have been given the answer - LIE or a Geometry Shell.

    By

    Richard Haseltine Richard Haseltine October 2022 in Art Studio
  • Genesis 8 clone shapes in Genesis 9??

    jeylien said:

    Where can I find the G8 clone shapes in G9? Obviously there are some since you can autofit G8 clothes etc., and I noticed in the new Utitilities section of G9 there is the Developer Tools and there's an option to "Set G9 to Shape" where I can select Genesis 8 male or female, and it will then set the G9 to the clone shape... but it claims that shape is favorited and can be dialed negative to reset G9 shape, and this method changes how G9 automatically loads into the scene again later. I don't want to change the shape G9 automatically loads, I just want to be able to dial in, say, Genesis 8 male, to one G9 to work on something, not set that as the shape all subsequent G9's will load. I've already had to uninstall G9 and do a clean reinstall to reset it back to default G9 shape after playing around with this, and I don't want to do that again. I've tried doing a search in all of Parameters for "Genesis 8", "8", "male"/"female", etc., and it never shows ANY options anywhere, despite the fact I KNOW those clone shapes exist in there. Getting really frustrated here, so any help is appreciated. 
    note: I'm using a Mac laptop since that's all I have right now; could that be part of the issues? I know Daz isn't mac-friendly so I hope it's not some bug or something I'll have to wait out...

    That particular developer tool is for clothing :) Don't save your figure afterwards, or if you really want to save it save it under a completely new name. More info and a video about that feature in this thread.
    https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/597726/genesis-9-clothing-questions

    By

    Mada Mada October 2022 in The Commons
  • Genesis 8 clone shapes in Genesis 9??

    EDIT -- SOLVED!! I was an idiot and forgot to set parameters to show hidden. Now if I do a search, genesis 8 male & female show up as expected. 
    (so if somebody else can delete this unnecessary forum post, please do! I am relatively new to using the forum and can't figure out how...)

    Where can I find the G8 clone shapes in G9? Obviously there are some since you can autofit G8 clothes etc., and I noticed in the new Utitilities section of G9 there is the Developer Tools and there's an option to "Set G9 to Shape" where I can select Genesis 8 male or female, and it will then set the G9 to the clone shape... but it claims that shape is favorited and can be dialed negative to reset G9 shape, and this method changes how G9 automatically loads into the scene again later. I don't want to change the shape G9 automatically loads, I just want to be able to dial in, say, Genesis 8 male, to one G9 to work on something, not set that as the shape all subsequent G9's will load. I've already had to uninstall G9 and do a clean reinstall to reset it back to default G9 shape after playing around with this, and I don't want to do that again. I've tried doing a search in all of Parameters for "Genesis 8", "8", "male"/"female", etc., and it never shows ANY options anywhere, despite the fact I KNOW those clone shapes exist in there. Getting really frustrated here, so any help is appreciated. 

    By

    jeylien jeylien October 2022 in The Commons
  • Genesis 9 Character Issue - Fewer Surfaces!?

    kirbawirba said:

    nysalor_7ad75f2450 said:

    Keiku said:

    Perhaps these forum categories are not as well defined as I'd thought. Perhaps there should be one to discuss problems with characters. But I digress.
    To return to my original topic: What is the deal with the surfaces for Genesis 9? Why are they now so limited?

    Have you read the announcements? Because they are now industry standard. Changes to lips, eyes etc. are easily accomplished with mapping and LIEs. Just like we do now.

     

    Cheers

    Is there a good place to find out how to do this? I've only ever done it through individual surfaces with Specular settings. Never used LIE to accomplish it. 

    I still haven't found or been given an appropriate answer. I even created another post in a more appropriate section of the form and tried to be more specific to finally get an actual answer. But it was closed. L.I.E was the only thing mentioned which of course is not an acceptible work around as you know and like you I've never used it either. We can use the geometry editor but that isn't going to work well for close ups. So the only solution left is custom specular maps, but that's a major pain in the butt.

    By

    Keiku Keiku October 2022 in Art Studio
  • Genesis 9 Character Issue - Fewer Surfaces!?

    nysalor_7ad75f2450 said:

    Keiku said:

    Perhaps these forum categories are not as well defined as I'd thought. Perhaps there should be one to discuss problems with characters. But I digress.
    To return to my original topic: What is the deal with the surfaces for Genesis 9? Why are they now so limited?

    Have you read the announcements? Because they are now industry standard. Changes to lips, eyes etc. are easily accomplished with mapping and LIEs. Just like we do now.

     

    Cheers

    Is there a good place to find out how to do this? I've only ever done it through individual surfaces with Specular settings. Never used LIE to accomplish it. 

    By

    kirbawirba kirbawirba October 2022 in Art Studio
  • Growing Up for Genesis 9 (Commercial)
    Timbales said:
    It's very concerning to me that a PA as talented and skilled as Zev0 is having trouble making an undeveloped chest morph for G9. It has me worried about what the male figures of this generation.
    Did you install the update that Zev0 posted here in the forum? He made a special morph to work around the problem of Daz not releasing the product with the breast gone morph yet.

    By

    barbult barbult October 2022 in Daz PA Commercial Products
  • I can't simulate any d-force items anymore

    Richard Haseltine said: nVidia is looking into a regression with the driver so it sounds as if they think it is a driver issue - which would seem likely as it started with a driver update, and is fixed by rolling back, rather than with a Daz Studio update.

    Unfortunately the driver which causes the problem dropped in the same timeframe as the DS 4.21 update. I saw both updates at the same time, updated and shut the PC down for the day. Took a while and happening across a forum post before I worked out which had caused the issue.

    By

    oddbob oddbob October 2022 in The Commons
  • will spend money to buy NEW "old" stuff!

    Attention Developers:

    I realize that when a new generation is released, everyone immediately jumps on it creating characters, morphs and accessories for the latest and greatest.

    Maybe this post doesn't belong in this forum, but I just want developers to know that I will continue to spend money on the older stuff.

    I am very heavily vested in Genesis 8 and I will but stuff for Genesis 2 & 3 as well because they render better without being a memory hog. 

    Most of my renders are superhero stories (so I need superhero costumes for 2, 3 & 8 -- especially 2) and magical special effects (lightning bolts, power blasts, etc). So if you create things in those areas, please be aware that I will continue to be NEW "older" stuff (especially new characters -- especially males in G3).

    By

    Drogo Nazhur Drogo Nazhur October 2022 in Product Suggestions
  • Genesis 9 Starter Essentials Missing Morphs?

    resnovich_ff835b755c said:

    That doesn't explain why some of the "supported shapes" ARE included such as the Base Female and Male morphs.  Are the missing morphs going to impact Growing Up 9 and other packages?

    Edit:  Confirmed in the GU9 forum that the missing morphs ARE causing an issue.  GU9 was developed with a dependancy on at least one missing morph.  As a result, an update was released there to address the missing dependancy.  I hope Daz releases the missing morphs soon so other developers' product work as advertised.

    The Starter Essentials do include everything they are supposed to include.

    The head and body morphs are a separate product that one can buy (when released), just like with all the previous Genesis generations. 

    By

    PerttiA PerttiA October 2022 in The Commons
  • Couple of refresher questions

    Correct but it will pop up and tell me files can't be found on occasion.  I know this happens in Poser if you set search to Low instead of High.  I do remember this being an issue in DS a while back but it's been a while so I'm rusty! 

    By

    RAMWolff RAMWolff October 2022 in Daz Studio Discussion
Previous Next
Adding to Cart…

Daz 3D is part of Tafi

Connect

DAZ Productions, Inc.
7533 S Center View Ct #4664
West Jordan, UT 84084

HELP

Contact Us

Tutorials

Help Center

Sell Your 3D Content

Affiliate Program

Documentation Center

Open Source

Consent Preferences

JOIN DAZ

Memberships

Blog

About Us

Press

Careers

Bridges

Community

In the Studio

Gallery

Forum

DAZ STORE

Shop

Freebies

Published Artists

Licensing Agreement | Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | EULA

© 2026 Daz Productions Inc. All Rights Reserved.