• Daz 3D
  • Shop
  • 3D Software
    • Daz Studio Premier
    • Daz Studio
    • Install Manager
    • Exporters
    • Daz to Roblox
    • Daz to Maya
    • Daz to Blender
    • Daz to Unreal
    • Daz to Unity
    • Daz to 3ds Max
    • Daz to Cinema 4D
  • 3D Models
    • Genesis 9
    • Genesis 8.1
    • Free 3D Models
    • Game Ready
  • Community
    • Gallery
    • Forums
    • Blog
    • Press
    • Help
  • Memberships
    • Daz Premier
    • Daz Plus
    • Daz Base
    • Compare
  • AI Solutions
  • Download Studio
  • Menu
  • Daz 3D
  • Shop
  • 3d Software
    • Daz Studio Premier
    • Daz Studio
    • Install Manager
    • Exporters
    • Daz to Roblox
    • Daz to Maya
    • Daz to Blender
    • Daz to Unreal
    • Daz to Unity
    • Daz to 3ds Max
    • Daz to Cinema 4D
  • 3D Models
    • Genesis 9
    • Genesis 8.1
    • Free 3D Models
  • Community
    • Our Community
    • Gallery
    • Forums
    • Blog
    • Press
    • Help
  • Memberships
    • Daz Premier
    • Daz Plus
    • Daz Base
    • Compare
  • AI Solutions

Notifications

You currently have no notifications.

Loading...
Daz 3D Forums > Search
  • Are DAZ prices getting higher and higher?

    Maybe I'm remembering this wrong, because it was so long ago, but I seem to remember the very first Victoria was something like $99, but I could be wrong. Was that back when it was Zygote? Didn't Dan Farr break off from Zygote and create DAZ? That's ancient history!

    By

    melanie melanie April 2018 in The Commons
  • Need help using Genx2 with created morph

    I'll throw my two cents in here.  And I might be wrong because I don't have Poser and have not tried creating a cr2 morph file myself, but...

    The way I have converted V4 morphs designed for Poser (at least using the pz2 format not cr2) is as follows:

    1. Drag and drop Victoria 4.2.cr2 into GenX2 transfer window.
    2. Drag and drop Inj Morphs++ for V4 into GenX2 transfer window.
    3. Drag and drop your new custom Poser morph into GenX2 transfer window.
    4. Make sure Mode is set to Create Single Morph
    5. In "Select" drop down choose - On for All Non-Zero Values
    6. Shape should be set to Victoria 4
    7. Target should be Genesis 3 Female
    8. Hit Transfer

    Hope that helps.

    By

    Geminii23 Geminii23 April 2018 in The Commons
  • Need help using Genx2 with created morph

    Hi there. I hope I can help. I've not tried moving my own characters using GenX2 but I had a dig around and came up with this.

    When you say you used Morph Loader Pro I presume you exported a .obj file of V4 with  your morph(s) applied out of Poser, loaded it onto V4 in DAZ Studio and  applied it there and now have a morph sitting in the Parameters or Shaping tab under (something like) Morphs - Morph Loader - yourmorephname. But when you load the V4 figure into GenX2 it cannot see that morph. Am I correct so far? If so then here's what you need to do (there may be some other way, but I don't know it):

    1. Select your V4 with the morph applied in the scene (perhaps best if it's the only thing in the scene and make sure you zero the figure pose before you start) then from the main menu do File - Export...
    2. In the window that pops up select from the drop-down "Save as Type" list Poser CR2 File, give it a name. Navigate to where you want to save it (I think it needs to be in the same content library as the original V4 figure, so I put mine in my own folder in that main content library under Runtime - Libraries - Character - myname) then click Save.
    3. In the next window check it has picked up the content library Runtime as the Base Path, and your own folder as the CR2 Path - everything else should be OK as it is - and click Accept.
    4. Now open the GenX2 pane and clock the "Load Figure" button. Instead of picking V4, pick your CR2 file.  Open up the BODY set of morphs and find your named morph (not sure why it's under body not head, but that's where mine landed) and make sure it's set to value 1 or 100% or whatever and select the checkbox beside that morph to transfer it.
    5. I selected Mode "Create Single Morph" from Shape Victoria 4 and Target G3F and set the Output folder at the bottom to where I keep my hand-made G3F morphs.
    6. Hit the "Transfer" button and in the next pop-up give your morph a unique name so you can find it, set the Region as appropriate (maybe Head) and click "Accept". GenX2 should do it's magic.
    7. Now load your G3F and the morph should appear where you put it (mine turned up in the Parameters tab under Actor - Head - Generation X - VIctoria 4) and try it out.

    I hope this works for you. I have one oddity in that the morph makes G3F's feet turn up (something to do with the V4 pose vs the G3F one) - I seem to recall an easy way to stop this, but cannot quite remember how. If your morph is only a head morph though, then there is a "simple" way using the Geometry Editor tool. I'll write something up later.

    By

    MelanieL MelanieL April 2018 in The Commons
  • CAD plugin for Studio
    Consider the number of people who will seem utterly unwilling

    to use existing features like morph sliders to create a fat girl , but instead post endless requests for a "Bethany" preset for G8.

    Now try to imagine the number of people who will actually use CAD mechanical modeling tools, inside Daz studio, to build a proportionally correct office credenza.

    Google sketchup would be a better choice. 

    If we are just arguing the number of people who are unwilling to use the features included in Daz Studio, we might as well limit the discussion of new products to the next incarnation of Aiko or Victoria.  There are many plugin tools for various uses within Daz that require some user interaction and knowledge to make them work.  Should we skip those, because some people don't have any interest in anything other than putting a premade character into a premade setting?  

     

    By

    cdpro_2831bbd990 cdpro_2831bbd990 April 2018 in Product Suggestions
  • Penny 8
    I'm having a very hard time making a purchase decision for Penny 8 — she really looks exactly like Victoria 8 to me, adding almost nothing unique to the dial-spinning gene pool.

    There's something about the eye brow size, nose shape, chin/jaw ratio, and smile line similarities between the two... that if I were to do a side-by-side comparison between Victoria 8 and Penny 8 renders with no character names under them, I would probably guess wrong several times. Makes me start feeling like I'm having facial blindness or something, when the differences are so subtle.

    There's a Penny render somewhere, maybe this thread, that I actually thought was going to be part of a comparison between V8 and Penny as I scrolled down and saw it. The top half of the face was so V8 that it could have been her.

    By

    BlueIrene BlueIrene April 2018 in The Commons
  • Love is love! Thank you val3dart!

    there is nothing wrong or right, they are just affectionate poses and can involve any bipedal figure human, alien, monster anthropomorphic.

    it is good the promos show diversity 

    it is a pity there are not many family poses or more importantly to me animated poses of parents of opposite or same sex, alien, lizard people, single whatever playing, flying a kite etc doing normal activities with their kids cubs, spawn too, thats an area sorely missing, 

    Hah, yeah, you've got a point there. I think the lack of parent-child/family poses is in large part due to there not being a dedicated kid figure, like there was with Kids 4. You can find a ton of poses for V4-M4-K4, but past Genesis 2... not so much. Maybe some mother & daughter poses for Victoria and Josie, but that's about it. But that's probably better saved for another thread entirely.

    In an ideal world, there'd be pose sets for every possible combination of figures for any kind of situation. That's not the case, but at the very least, Daz showing some receptivity to same-sex couples poses that aren't hidden under the code words of "friendship" is a good sign IMHO.

    By

    Panzer Emerald Panzer Emerald April 2018 in The Commons
  • Penny 8

    Divamakeup's renders and shader adjustments of Penny look really good!

    I'm having a very hard time making a purchase decision for Penny 8 — she really looks exactly like Victoria 8 to me, adding almost nothing unique to the dial-spinning gene pool.

    There's something about the eye brow size, nose shape, chin/jaw ratio, and smile line similarities between the two... that if I were to do a side-by-side comparison between Victoria 8 and Penny 8 renders with no character names under them, I would probably guess wrong several times. Makes me start feeling like I'm having facial blindness or something, when the differences are so subtle.

    I'm a big fan of diversity and original shapes that can be mixed together to create more unique looking characters — having too much of the same look gets boring fast, and looks too unoriginal. Victoria is just so recognizable, that anything that too closely resembles Victoria looks like a 'stock' image to me. I like when base models add capabilities for pushing character shapes much further into new areas.
    P3Design did a fantastic job with Elaina for Penny 8 — really nice and unique eye brows, nose, and face shape... should have been in the Pro Bundle, in my opinion. The head to body size proportion looks a little off, but the facial structure is superb, looks like a young starlet, or some celebrity persona.
    This character, along with some good outfits in the pro bundle, just may push me to buy it this weekend... but the "choose two free Featured items FREE" really backfires against long time loyal customers — it's the exact opposite of an incentive, because we actually paid pretty good money for all those previous Pro Bundles in the past, so the Featured items box is presented to us completely empty. It actually makes me not want to buy a Pro Bundle on launch week ever again, to avoid getting double burned. It's really incentivizing not purchasing pro bundles today, to get pro bundles for free in the future.

    By

    Kaleb242 Kaleb242 April 2018 in The Commons
  • Legacy UVs for Genesis 8: Victoria 4 can't apply textures

    It looks like you don't have Legacy UVs for Genesis 8: Victoria 4 at all!  Not having the product might be quite a good explanation for it not working. laugh

    The Prep pose is not the same as the Prepare script, and the UVs you are using are for Genesis 2 Female.

    My product was created to solve the sorts of problems you have been having, so if you decide to buy it I think you'll find that you can get Camielle for V4 on Genesis 8 Female without a hitch.

    All the best!

    By

    Cayman Studios Cayman Studios April 2018 in Technical Help (nuts n bolts)
  • The next Genesis 8 character?

    Charlotte's textures are pretty good though

    Yup. Charlotte's morph is quite different from Victoria/Olympia/Stephanie/Alexandra/Penny. I dial her in for cuteness and youth. And I think she's actually Hispanic, but they forgot to tell anyone.

    By

    xyer0 xyer0 April 2018 in The Commons
  • 3D Art Freebie Challenge-April 2018-"April Showers Bring....." -Main Thread Only

    My 1st Entry

    April Showers Bring … Spring Weddings!

    Freebies:

    Kung Fu Girl2 - https://www.sharecg.com/v/88438/favorite/21/DAZ-Studio/Kung-Fu-girl-for-G3F

    Make Human Hair for Genesis (for both) - https://www.sharecg.com/v/85131/favorite/21/DAZ-Studio/MakeHuman-v1.1.0-Hair-for-Genesis-1

    Genesis Wedding Dresses - https://www.wilmapsdigitalcreations.co.uk/view_product.php?id=57 and https://www.wilmapsdigitalcreations.co.uk/view_product.php?id=58

    Digidotz Free Shoes - http://www.digi-dotz.com/index.php?start=28 (3rd down)

    NeoIndia Veil - https://www.renderosity.com/mod/freestuff/neoindia-veil-for-g2f-and-g3f/75797

    Wilmaps Lace Design Shader (for veil, shoes and tablecloth) - https://www.wilmapsdigitalcreations.co.uk/view_product.php?id=2

    Tulip - http://www.3dmenagerie.com/goodies/3d/poser.htm (76th down)

    Bruce - https://www.sharecg.com/v/88379/browse/21/DAZ-Studio/Bruce-for-G3M

    Pinstripe Suit - https://www.wilmapsdigitalcreations.co.uk/view_product.php?id=136

    Casual Outfit 2 (Shoes) - https://www.sharecg.com/v/87684/favorite/21/DAZ-Studio/CasualOutfit2-for-G3M

    Backdrop - https://www.sharecg.com/v/87523/favorite/21/DAZ-Studio/Backdrop

    Nature 5 (picture for backdrop) - https://www.renderosity.com/mod/freestuff/6-backgrounds/59371

    Lights (Made from the files and instructions in this tutorial) - https://www.sharecg.com/v/60195/favorite/3/PDF-Tutorial/Simple-Sunshine-SkySphere-a-DAZStudio4-Tutorial

    Wedding Cake - http://trumarcar.francemi.net/foodprops_tc.htm (5th down)

    Champagne Glasses - https://www.renderosity.com/mod/freestuff/champagne-glass/76796

    Champagne - http://trumarcar.francemi.net/foodprops_tc.htm (15th down)

    Blue’s Club (table and tablecloth) - https://www.sharecg.com/v/31471/favorite/11/Poser/Blues-Club

     

    Paid Items:

    Enchanted Dance Poses for M7 and V7 - https://www.daz3d.com/enchanted-dance-poses-for-michael-7-and-victoria-7

     

    I tweaked a few materials here and there, and added a Distant Light to the light system.  All done within Daz Studio.  No post work except for the watermark.

    By

    Fae3D Fae3D April 2018 in Freebies
  • Lydia HD for Victoria 7 [Commercial]

    Hi everyone! This is my new character for Victoria 7.

    Bring realism and uniqueness to your renders with this beautiful new character for Victoria 7!

    Lydia is a high-quality character with HD morphs and two head and body shapes handcrafted in Zbrush, no additional morphs needed. This set includes face asymmetry for more realism and three Iray translucency options to choose from, as well as makeup, eyes, and nail materials for both Iray and 3Delight.

    https://www.daz3d.com/lydia-hd-for-victoria-7

    Have fun!

    Isabelle

     

     

    Does this character load with additional shaping from Victoria 7?
    I mean does it activate Victoria 7 head + body sliders?

    It seems the presets for Lydia will only load the Zbrush morphs for her. If you manually dial in the Victoria 7 Head and Body morphs and the Genesis 3 Navel morph to 100% you will get a result that very closely if not exactly resembles the promo renders. I am thinking when she was originally released everything was working properly, but when she was updated it must of threw some things off. 

    Thank you for pointing that out, @Naruim. I just blurred out about Lydia's lack of likeness to herself, and I thought it might be something like the Vincenzina incident (a PA-made dial-spun character somehow insinuated herself into every Genesis 3 Female that was loaded. I fixed it by deleting her from my hard drive. A while later, Daz issued an update, which is still sitting in downloads for me because that was more excitement than I want).

    By

    xyer0 xyer0 April 2018 in Daz PA Commercial Products
  • Lydia HD for Victoria 7 [Commercial]

    Hi everyone! This is my new character for Victoria 7.

    Bring realism and uniqueness to your renders with this beautiful new character for Victoria 7!

    Lydia is a high-quality character with HD morphs and two head and body shapes handcrafted in Zbrush, no additional morphs needed. This set includes face asymmetry for more realism and three Iray translucency options to choose from, as well as makeup, eyes, and nail materials for both Iray and 3Delight.

    https://www.daz3d.com/lydia-hd-for-victoria-7

    Have fun!

    Isabelle

     

     

    Does this character load with additional shaping from Victoria 7?
    I mean does it activate Victoria 7 head + body sliders?

    It seems the presets for Lydia will only load the Zbrush morphs for her. If you manually dial in the Victoria 7 Head and Body morphs and the Genesis 3 Navel morph to 100% you will get a result that very closely if not exactly resembles the promo renders. I am thinking when she was originally released everything was working properly, but when she was updated it must of threw some things off. 

    By

    Naruim Naruim April 2018 in Daz PA Commercial Products
  • Legacy UVs for Genesis 8: Victoria 4 can't apply textures

    As per the directons in the PDF, I have been running this:  Genesis 8 Female UV Prep Pose

    Applying the Texture DUF

    and then runnning this: set victoria 4 uv

    Is there another step I am missing?

     

    Also neither of these files are in the directory as indicated.

    The Genesis 8 Female UV Prep Pose is in: "My DAZ Library> People> Genesis 8 Female> Developer Kit"

    The set victoria 4 uv is in: "My DAZ Library> Data> Cloud> 1_16559> People> Genesis 2 Female> Materials> Victoria 4 for Genesis 2 Female"

    This is where the install put them, I've not moved these.

    By

    Vially Vially April 2018 in Technical Help (nuts n bolts)
  • Recommendations for young G8 male textures?

    I'm curious see how it looks. Let's compare some of them !

    Note: These female textures get glossy lips.

     

    Victoria 8 / Tara 2 / Brodie 6 / Tween Ryan 7 / Growing Up

     

     

    By

    Noah LGP Noah LGP April 2018 in The Commons
  • Are DAZ prices getting higher and higher?

    Hmm, the prices do seem to rise, though the first ever pro bundle I ever bought was Victoria 4.0, 13 total products. came out to $48.98.  Cheaper then some of the pro bundles I have bought the past couple months. Though no free bundles with her back then. Wow that was almost 12 years ago.Back in good old 2006.  How time flies. laugh

    By

    ChadCrypto ChadCrypto April 2018 in The Commons
  • Penny 8

    I don't understand really when folks talk about distinctive; no matter how unique the character that Daz produces, they've sold hundreds and maybe thoudands of them. When there are so many in existence, distinctive? Not really when there are so many looking the same, as a look at Deviant Art will show one.

    Distinctive:

    https://www.daz3d.com/benita-for-victoria-8
    https://www.daz3d.com/uchenna-for-genesis-8-female
    https://www.daz3d.com/syble-hd-for-genesis-8-female (ymmv but this body shape is different from a lot out there)
    https://www.daz3d.com/pei-and-pei-suit-for-genesis-8-female

    https://www.daz3d.com/ollie-8
    https://www.daz3d.com/ronen-character-hair-and-briefs-for-genesis-8-male
    https://www.daz3d.com/fiore-for-genesis-8-male
    https://www.daz3d.com/george-for-genesis-8-male

    Anyone indigenous to the US would instantly be distinctive, due to the fact that there are none of them for recent generations. None. While we're at it, Middle Eastern is basically not there either. So anyone looking to make distinctive characters, as in "doesn't look like anything else on the market," there's your huge untapped group of looks.

    By

    agent unawares agent unawares April 2018 in The Commons
  • Penny 8

    I don't understand really when folks talk about distinctive; no matter how unique the character that Daz produces, they've sold hundreds and maybe thoudands of them. When there are so many in existence, distinctive? Not really when there are so many looking the same, as a look at Deviant Art will show one.

    Morphs, for dialling something I like, are what make a character distinctive; base characters add opportunities to the mix. Official or otherwise, they are what I use them for.

    I do not like Penny 8, she looks just like a dial spin between Victoria 8 and Stephanie 8. Not even remotely in this new Character.

    There is one outfit in the pro bundle that takes my fancy, I shall buy it next month.

    Both Hair in that Pro Bundle is, as Jakiblue said, ghastly and I would not ever use it.

    My Bank Account is very happy today.

    They are all - in effect - dial spins of G8F. Other than a couple of the anime affects, I haven't seen a human (ish) character that is anything but a dial-spin; as long as one has a decent selection of the morphs available.

    By

    nicstt nicstt April 2018 in The Commons
  • Are DAZ prices getting higher and higher?

    I think content creation has become more complex over the years.

    When I started using Poser and the first DAZ generations, there was no weightmapping, subsurface scattering and other complex shaders, etc. There was a texturemap, a bumpmap, that's it. Computers couldn't handle all the modern stuff anyway, in those days. There's more realism, there's more detail, so there's more work involved that has to be compensated.

    I don't remember that Victoria 1 was cheap when she was freshly released. The base character, a decent texture, a hairdo and a basic clothing set would set you back around $150,00, around the year 2000, as I remember it. I remember I could not afford her and used the reduced resolution version instead for a long time, that one was given away as a weekly freebie.

    i cannot find an order for v1 or m1, but only 2 ... BUT .. I bought the DAZ Eagle for $49 ... not cheap at all , and the expansion pack for $29... Outland for Michael was $35 ... no bargain really.... so maybe its my imagination that prices are rising. i just found what was a PC bonus pak 2006-2007  that I got free... V2 and about 60 products in there ... 
    Its probably all a wash. 

    By

    daveso daveso April 2018 in The Commons
  • Are DAZ prices getting higher and higher?

    I think content creation has become more complex over the years.

    When I started using Poser and the first DAZ generations, there was no weightmapping, subsurface scattering and other complex shaders, etc. There was a texturemap, a bumpmap, that's it. Computers couldn't handle all the modern stuff anyway, in those days. There's more realism, there's more detail, so there's more work involved that has to be compensated.

    I don't remember that Victoria 1 was cheap when she was freshly released. The base character, a decent texture, a hairdo and a basic clothing set would set you back around $150,00, around the year 2000, as I remember it. I remember I could not afford her and used the reduced resolution version instead for a long time, that one was given away as a weekly freebie.

    By

    Sempie Sempie April 2018 in The Commons
  • Today YET another female figure (group) - WHEN is Lee 8 coming?

    I have a gut feeling some of the offbeat characters like Ollie and Sakura were PA characters that wound up getting bought out by DAZ and released as Pro Bundles, so they might not be really having an effect on the other figure releases so much as filling in between them. I mean Sakura was definitely a Rarestone deal originally, her stuff isn't even in the normal DAZ O folders.

    Well that does say something for originality that excellent 3D models like Ollie & Sakura were recognized and bought out if DAZ 3D didn't commision them beforehand. Mei Lin 8 or not, I don't think continued repeats of nearly the same character outside of Michael 8 & Victoria 8 approach the nearly same sales figures generation after generation.

    By

    nonesuch00 nonesuch00 April 2018 in The Commons
Previous Next
Adding to Cart…

Daz 3D is part of Tafi

Connect

DAZ Productions, Inc.
7533 S Center View Ct #4664
West Jordan, UT 84084

HELP

Contact Us

Tutorials

Help Center

Sell Your 3D Content

Affiliate Program

Documentation Center

Open Source

Consent Preferences

JOIN DAZ

Memberships

Blog

About Us

Press

Careers

Bridges

Community

In the Studio

Gallery

Forum

DAZ STORE

Shop

Freebies

Published Artists

Licensing Agreement | Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | EULA

© 2026 Daz Productions Inc. All Rights Reserved.