-
Announcing: Daz Deals Browser Add-on II
Charlie Judge said:
JazzyBear said:
I have 4.0 in kiwi browser but I can't seem to find the configuration options I forgot where they're at. One of the drop-down menus if anybody could have remind me please. For me none of the options seem to be working no prices history for anything. I'm on my Android phone.
Just checked and besides not being able to sort by % in the store, I'm not seeing price history, gallery images, or forum links in my Kiwi browser even though I have them enabled in my options.
@ JazzyBear: Click on the 3 dots in upper right corner > select exttensions > select DAZ Deals 4.0.0 Detals button > select Extension Options. Please let me know if you get them to work.
I didn't know Daz Deals claimed to support Kiwi browser. Are you sure they do?
Announcing: Daz Deals Browser Add-on IIJazzyBear said:
I have 4.0 in kiwi browser but I can't seem to find the configuration options I forgot where they're at. One of the drop-down menus if anybody could have remind me please. For me none of the options seem to be working no prices history for anything. I'm on my Android phone.
Just checked and besides not being able to sort by % in the store, I'm not seeing price history, gallery images, or forum links in my Kiwi browser even though I have them enabled in my options.
@ JazzyBear: Click on the 3 dots in upper right corner > select exttensions > select DAZ Deals 4.0.0 Detals button > select Extension Options. Please let me know if you get them to work.
Fed up with awful and ancient scene tabmarble said:
This is a long-standing source of frustration with DAZ Studio. I click on something in the scene tab and nothing happens. Or everything happens - i.e. a whole bunch of unintended items are selected. Or the wrong thing happens: the thing I selected suddenly becomes parented to something else (and I have to search for it). I have reported this to support (as ever - no action, no update ... I really don't know why the stock answer here for every complaint is to report it to support as there will be colonies on Mars before any action is taken by the DAZ team).
I used to think that maybe my mouse was too sensitive but it is clear that this only happens in the DAZ Studio interface - the mouse is fine for everything else I use on my PC. Also, it only happens in the scene tab. All the other tabs select and de-select just fine. The problem seems to be a lag and/or an over-sensitivity to movement which causes an unintended drag-and-drop action or multiple selection. I'm pretty sure the problem gets worse with every new update to DAZ Studio. I know this has been discussed here before and I am pretty sure that I am not the only one to report it. I also know that the UI QT version is very old but do we really have to wait for DAZ Studio 5 for any improvement?
Just letting off steam, I know nothing will be done as a result of a forum post (or 100 posts about the same thing).
This!
This is the bane of my existance!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hair for Laguna Naoka Props?Wonderland said:
This https://www.daz3d.com/laguna-mermaid-fantasy-pack-for-genesis-3-female-s or this https://www.daz3d.com/laguna-fwsa-indigo-and-jade-mermaid-fantasy-bundle
Just search Laguna and you'll see everything.
Thanks so much. they don't come up in search. But I appreciate the links.
Wouldn't DAZ want the search feature to work effectively? I don't get it.
Hair for Laguna Naoka Props?FSMCDesigns said:
von Hobo said:
Wonderland said:
Here https://www.daz3d.com/laguna-naoko-hair-for-genesis-3-female-s-genesis-2-female-s-and-victoria-4
Thank you so much!
The search feature of the store displayed no results when I tried using "naoko hair" and "mermaid hair". Strange.
Don't feel bad, it did the same for me when i searched with the same keywords, very odd.
OK, So I'm not going crazy. Thanks
Hair for Laguna Naoka Props?This https://www.daz3d.com/laguna-mermaid-fantasy-pack-for-genesis-3-female-s or this https://www.daz3d.com/laguna-fwsa-indigo-and-jade-mermaid-fantasy-bundle
Just search Laguna and you'll see everything.
Hair for Laguna Naoka Props?von Hobo said:
Wonderland said:
Here https://www.daz3d.com/laguna-naoko-hair-for-genesis-3-female-s-genesis-2-female-s-and-victoria-4
Thank you so much!
The search feature of the store displayed no results when I tried using "naoko hair" and "mermaid hair". Strange.
Don't feel bad, it did the same for me when i searched with the same keywords, very odd.
Hair for Laguna Naoka Props?Wonderland said:
Here https://www.daz3d.com/laguna-naoko-hair-for-genesis-3-female-s-genesis-2-female-s-and-victoria-4
Thank you so much!
The search feature of the store displayed no results when I tried using "naoko hair" and "mermaid hair". Strange.
Show Us Your Iray Renders. Part VIIIFSMCDesigns said:
Fishtales said:
FSMCDesigns said:
Well I decided to try out G9 even though I am still using DS 4,15 and for the most part, I see no issues although I know I am missing some DS functionality based on other forum posts. Looks like it's time to maybe think about installing the latest DS,. LOL
My recommendation would be to install the Beta version and then you can use them both side by side. I use 4.15 too and the latest Beta of 4.20 and move between them There are some old scenes that don't render in the Beta for some reason that I haven't tracked down as I just open them in 4.15 where they do work :) Just make sure not to download the full 4.20 by mistake or it will delete the 4.15 version.
Thanks. Yeah, I am contemplating that. I wanted to do this with 4.15 and somehow it overwrote my 4.12 install, so I am very wary these days. Wish me luck! LOL
Here is another quick G9 in 4.15 with an Xmas theme, LOL
I stayed on DS 4.14 beta for ages because 4.15 kept crashing until I accidentally overwrote the 4.15 with the newest version and it works great! No crashes so far. Much better than 4.15!
How to use DzAssetMgr.searchForAssets()?Hello all,
I am trying to use DzAssetMgr.searchForAssets() this is my code.
// DAZ Studio version 4.21.0.5 filetype DAZ Script var assetManager = App.getAssetMgr(); var searchResult = assetManager.searchForAssets( 'lazair', // filteText: search string ['/Default/Scenes'], // categories: Array of categories paths ['/Genesis 8', '/Genesis 8.1'], // compatibilityBases: compatibility bases Array ['scene'], // contentTypes: content types Array 1 // Sort by name ); var assetsCount = searchResult.getNumAssets(); print("Assets found: " + assetsCount); var containersCount = searchResult.getNumChildContainers(); print("Child containers found: " + containersCount);This is the output.
Executing Script... Assets found: 0 Child containers found: 0 Result: Script executed in 0 secs 2 msecs.The asset I am attempting to search for is located at
"Scenes/moka_lazair_01.duf"relative to one of the Content Library directories I set and "Content Library" pane can find it both in "File" and "Database" search mode using either "moka" or "lazair" as the search string.For the
contentTypesparameter I used either"Scene"and"scene"with the same result.Categories and Compatibility Bases paths arrays are not invented but obtained with the following two scripts.
// DAZ Studio version 4.21.0.5 filetype DAZ Script var assetManager = App.getAssetMgr(); var categoriesContainer = assetManager.getCategories(); categoriesContainer.getChildContainers().forEach( function (container) { print('\tpath: ' + container.getPath()); print('Child containers count: ' + container.getNumChildContainers()); container.getChildContainers().forEach( function (childContainer, index) { print('\tPath ' + index + ': ' + childContainer.getPath()); } ); } );// DAZ Studio version 4.21.0.5 filetype DAZ Script var assetManager = App.getAssetMgr(); var compatibilityBasesContainer = assetManager.getCompatibilityBases(); print('Compatibilily Base container informations'); print('{'); print("\tpath: " + compatibilityBasesContainer.getPath()); print("\tChildren count: " + compatibilityBasesContainer.getNumChildContainers()); print('}'); compatibilityBasesContainer.getChildContainers().forEach( function (container) { print('\tChild container informations'); print('\t{'); print('\t\tpath: ' + container.getPath()); print('\t}'); } );Despite this I am not sure of some things.
- Since the file is a Scene I created, does it have any Compatibility Base?
- If not, what value should I pass ass the
compatibilityBasesparameter? I attempted to passnulland it is not valid (quite weird behaviour for a JavaScript API); emptyArray([]) is accepted but useless. - I have the same doubts for
categoriesparameter... - One of
['Scene']or['scene']should be ok but: which one is actually correct?
I found the list of types with this script.
var assetManager = App.getAssetMgr(); var types = assetManager.getTypes(); types.forEach( function (type) { print('Type: ' + type); } );And it returns
"Scene". Though in the "Info" tab at the bottom of the "Content Library" pane displays"scene"as the value of the "type" property of the asset.P.S. There is something that eats new line characters in
<pre><code>...</code></pre>combo in this forum. Database side stored source codes are clearly safe because I can edit them with new line characters untouched therefore I guess it is a render problem. Also the code formatter takes everything as a comment if there is a comment in the beginning of the code.Affinity Photo - it can show panos in projection mode :-)cgidesign said:
RAMWolff said:
I actually read up on msix and I like that better. Cleaner and less issues that could crop up. Read up on it here
I know about that thread - and theoretically the msix installer and letting the apps be store apps running sandboxed could be beneficial for some users.
But the reality is written in this thread.
This storm of disapointed users forced Serif to go back to the drawing board and promise there will be a normal application and normal installer back.
OK, cool. Whatever works! LOL
How should i converting a G3 shape to G8Hundreds of blogs, forum threads and video tutorials on that old subject.
If you don't want to search for information, buy a product that will do the job for you effortlessly. RiverSoft Art is your best bet for that sort of things :
Affinity Photo - it can show panos in projection mode :-)RAMWolff said:
I actually read up on msix and I like that better. Cleaner and less issues that could crop up. Read up on it here
I know about that thread - and theoretically the msix installer and letting the apps be store apps running sandboxed could be beneficial for some users.
But the reality is written in this thread.
This storm of disapointed users forced Serif to go back to the drawing board and promise there will be a normal application and normal installer back.
A Thread for Items with the "Editorial License"Daz_Travis announced editorial licensing in July. As far as I can see, Daz implemented none of what we customers asked for in that forum thread, with regard to making the Editorial License very visible and filterable. There is only a little note on the product page that isn't displayed at all on a mobile device in portrait orientation. I don't see any "filter by license" option of any kind in the shop, my product library, or DIM. Am I overlooking all this capability, or is it just not there?
I just submitted a help request to return the Retro Apartment (Standard License), because Daz+ released the next part of the series with Editorial License.
Looking for handbra and breastfeeding poses for G8FRichard Haseltine said:
So, to be sure you hae the poses installed correctly go to the Content Library pane>Daz Studio Formats>The Content directory you installed to>People>Genesis 8 Female>Poses>ChestnutP>G8F Hand Bra. If the files are theer you can apply them by double-click as usual
Yep, THAT works just fine. Glory hallelujah, this has been puzzling me for almost three full days. Merci.
Why, then, do the files not show up when I use the search bar? Does this also require adding the files to the database? Or does it have something to do with what I said above about the file name seemingly not being what is actually being searched?
Content Library option menu, the lined/"hamburger" button in the top corner or right-click the tab, select Content DB Maintenance, and check reimport metadata, then check the iems you want to add in the next dialogue
I got to the Import Metadata menu, but neither this product nor Saxa's one are there. I painstakingly scrolled thorugh every item available (since they are not in alphabetical order), and they are not there. Why might that be? Going by the Daz Studio Formats the files are in the correct place (two of the correct places, in fact).
One odd thing is that although the poses seem to work, when I double click them I get a dialog which I've attached a screenshot of below. I feel like I'm getting the same result whichever option I pick, and again it doesn't appear to be causing a problem for the poses working properly, so I'm mainly wondering why this is coming up.
EULA Update & Editorial Licenses Coming to Dazbutterflyfish said:
Jack said in the DAZ+ forum that the editorial license still applies if you change the shaders.
Ok, in that case, i could use the shaders on something else, according to the license the add-on and "something else" provide.
Second thought: Should clarify - that message had been about "random other shaders by third parties", in which case certainly the 3d models can be meant to stay under the original EULA (in rare cases they might be ok to use, but only if the original authors grant that to you / in written form). It may or may not be different, if an author of the original item provides a shader add-on, that offers other licensing. In that case there is a faint chance that it's meant, so i would still ask back, for what's the case. In this case it was two extra authors (to daz originals), and the shaders add-on was made by one of them (extra complicated).
3D Comic Book Tips And PicturesI saw your Amazon page for the Twilight of the Gods comic book, as well as the old Kickstarter video. It looks impressive and I have no doubt you poured your heart into it. Just want to wish you the best in your upcoming project. Oh, and please share some of the images in this forum too.
Cheers!
Jay Jay said:
Some really interesting posts here and an awesome selection of different art styles used which is really inspiring. We too (i say my brother and i) have a new comic book hopefully ready to release in the next 10 days (definitely before the holidays) on Amazon which we're really excited about. Its a brand new sci-fi story all rendered in 3DL (still trying to work on how to make Iray look more appealing in comic book form as that uncanny Valley look is too jarring at the moment). Thanks for the tips Chuck regarding the guided view on the Amazon app. The Amazon comic creator is a fantastic tool to be able to get stuff out there which we used on the Twilight of the Gods: Medusa series but never tried it in the guided view that comixology uses. Will have to give that a go one day Thanks again
EULA Update & Editorial Licenses Coming to Dazgeneralgameplaying said:
ArtAngel said:
Currently the cyber-Racer has a product Cyber Liveries, an add-on to the Cyber-Racer. Cyber Liveries comes with a commercial license. Or at least it does right now as I write this, and did when I bought it.
I would check, if it's from the same author, and even then rather ask back!
In fact i bought both too, and one author of the cyber racer is the author for the liveries... so before using it even for a render, i would ask back. Since both are "DAZ Originals" asking back might also work with the normal DAZ support.
For instance: there often is items not offering an interactive license, for which add-ons exist, that do. In case of textures, you would still not have obtained the license for the 3d-Models (which may not be the issue with a certain item), or in case of poses that could be used independently, the license likely only applies to the poses, not for the item they pose an extension to. So if another author offers an interactive license for a texture add-on to a clothing item, i wouldn't be sure, if i can use the clothing item with that textures, or if i can only use the shaders/surfaces on other items i have an interactive license for.
Jack said in the DAZ+ forum that the editorial license still applies if you change the shaders.
Looking for handbra and breastfeeding poses for G8FI am having the same difficulty in finding Richard's poses in Daz Studio as I was with the product that Saxa led me to. However I've just realized that I don't think I'm looking for them in the correct way, so I'm going to start by asking about that instead of about whether I'm installing them properly.
The directory path in the zip file for Richard's poses is "People\Genesis 8 Female\Poses\ChestnutP\G8F Hand Bra". Forget for the moment about where I am supposed to copy this "People" folder to on my computer, and assume that I have done it correctly. Given the names of the subfolders as shown above, and given that we're talking specifically about files for poses (as opposed to files for morphs, figures, clothing etc), how would I go about accessing these poses?
If you think that's a stupid question, read the rest of this post. If you don't want to listen to me ramble, you can stop here and we can see whether answering that question solves my problem.
Either way, thanks very much Richard for making those poses for me!Here is why I ask this. For poses from products that I purchased in the Daz Store and downloaded and installed using Daz Central - that is, the ones that I am able to access - there are three ways that I know of to access them. One is by going to the "Smart Content" tab in the left pane, and scrolling to or searching for the product in question. Most of these products have a nice fancy cover icon, but I'm not sure whether I can expect to find products like Richard's in the same manner since it's not a "real" product. If I could, I would guess that I could find it in Smart Content tab under the name "GF8 Hand Bra," or possibly "ChestnutP"; but I'm not sure whether I should be expecting to be able to do that, and in any case it's not showing up in that way.
The second methood is by going to the "Content Library" tab, aslo in the left pane, expanding "Products" and finding the product by alphabetical name. As with the first method, I'm sure sure whether I can expect to find the poses in this way since it's not a "real product," and, again, I'm not finding them.
The third method is by going to the Context Library tab and searching for the pose in the search bar at the top. This method, I would expect to be able to find the poses so long as I have installed them correctly; however, I don't understand how the search terms correlate to the pose files. Searching for more words seems to increase the results rather than narrow them (suggesting that it's looking for any of the terms rather than all of them), so trying to find either a product or a pose who name consists entirely of generic words like "G8F Hand Bra" or "G8F Default Chest Full" seems doomed to failure; but also, searching for a word pulls up files that don't have that word in their name. For example, if I search for "bodybuilder," I find all of the posing files for Z Sexy Bodybuilder, but many of said posing files don't actually have the word "bodybuilder" in their name, instead having names like "Z SB Btm 01 G8F." So again, assuming I've installed the files correctly, how should I expect to find the poses I'm looking for?
Affinity Photo - it can show panos in projection mode :-)I actually read up on msix and I like that better. Cleaner and less issues that could crop up. Read up on it here










