-
help identifying an asset (answered)
It's AeonSoul's C-Suit for Lemonade outfit for Victoria 4 formerly available at RuntimeDNA but not available anymore.
That's it- thanks so much.
Attention Riversoft Art and SickleYield Converter Users!Well, most of those are for Victoria 4 or Genesis 2, one of which we're not doing yet (although I certainly plan to if things go well) and the other of which you can get here:
https://www.daz3d.com/rssy-hair-converter-from-genesis-2-female-to-genesis-8-female
Thanks though, Thian Hair and Paradise Bird hair look long enough to merit the new template!
Though the original Mitsu hair was actually for Aiko 3, so the Genesis version is kind of a weirdo in that there were seperate versions madefor the V3 generation and for Genesis, but not for V4.. I think that may be the only time that ever happened.
Genesis 9 delayed until at least 2020. Will you be buying it?Starting Genesis 9 with any male figure, instead of the female, would be a shock. But I have to agree with @Daikatana; It would be the best way to turn me into an early adopter, too!
This is a routine, right. Every two years, we will have a new figure. Since the release of Victoria 3, there are the same comments repeating: " Oh no, no new figure, I have invested so much money in (previous) Victoria. I won't switch."
I can't wait for Genesis 9. Allways excited about something new.It's easy enough to check the release dates of all the Vicky's still in the store, from 4.2 on. The two year, 24 month cycle for new generation releases actually began with Genesis 3. That was a surpise. I thought, expected, that it's been two years between each of the Genesis generations.
V4.2 was released in December of 2006. Victoria 5 wasn't released until October of 2011. Victoria 6 was released June of 2013, only 20 months later. Victoria 7 and Victoria 8 were both released in June, 2015 and 2017, respectively.
I think it's reasonable to assume Daz will release Genesis 9 in June of this year, even though I'd much rather they didn't release any new generation until it's an appreciable step up from the previous one. Many of us feel like G8 could just as easily been released as 3.1.
If I remember correctly Genesis was released before Victoria 5 there was more of a gap than with other figures, so the 2 years is possible from the release of Genesis to the release of Genesis 2 rather than Victoria to Victoria.
I didn't know that. I just looked up the date for the Genesis Starter Essentials. It was August of 2012, so around two months before V5. Still only 22 months, but much closer to the 2 year mark.
I'm an email hoarder. I never delete anything. The mail introducing Genesis™ was on June 10, 2011.
Okay. I don't have old emails from Daz, so my only point of reference is the online documentation.
It might be fun for the rest of us if you can screenshot the emails introducing each generation from Genesis through Genesis 8 and post them here. I know I'd find it interesting.
Genesis 9 delayed until at least 2020. Will you be buying it?Starting Genesis 9 with any male figure, instead of the female, would be a shock. But I have to agree with @Daikatana; It would be the best way to turn me into an early adopter, too!
This is a routine, right. Every two years, we will have a new figure. Since the release of Victoria 3, there are the same comments repeating: " Oh no, no new figure, I have invested so much money in (previous) Victoria. I won't switch."
I can't wait for Genesis 9. Allways excited about something new.It's easy enough to check the release dates of all the Vicky's still in the store, from 4.2 on. The two year, 24 month cycle for new generation releases actually began with Genesis 3. That was a surpise. I thought, expected, that it's been two years between each of the Genesis generations.
V4.2 was released in December of 2006. Victoria 5 wasn't released until October of 2011. Victoria 6 was released June of 2013, only 20 months later. Victoria 7 and Victoria 8 were both released in June, 2015 and 2017, respectively.
I think it's reasonable to assume Daz will release Genesis 9 in June of this year, even though I'd much rather they didn't release any new generation until it's an appreciable step up from the previous one. Many of us feel like G8 could just as easily been released as 3.1.
If I remember correctly Genesis was released before Victoria 5 there was more of a gap than with other figures, so the 2 years is possible from the release of Genesis to the release of Genesis 2 rather than Victoria to Victoria.
I didn't know that. I just looked up the date for the Genesis Starter Essentials. It was August of 2012, so around two months before V5. Still only 22 months, but much closer to the 2 year mark.
I'm an email hoarder. I never delete anything. The mail introducing Genesis™ was on June 10, 2011.
Attention Riversoft Art and SickleYield Converter Users!Well, most of those are for Victoria 4 or Genesis 2, one of which we're not doing yet (although I certainly plan to if things go well) and the other of which you can get here:
https://www.daz3d.com/rssy-hair-converter-from-genesis-2-female-to-genesis-8-female
Thanks though, Thian Hair and Paradise Bird hair look long enough to merit the new template!
Thank you for the reminder about the G2 to G8 hair converter! I blanked out that I have that! lol :)
It's great! I just used it to transfer the Persephone Hair. It did a beautiful job of transferring it. Thank you for the awesome products and I very much look forward to the Genesis 1 version! :)
Attention Riversoft Art and SickleYield Converter Users!Well, most of those are for Victoria 4 or Genesis 2, one of which we're not doing yet (although I certainly plan to if things go well) and the other of which you can get here:
https://www.daz3d.com/rssy-hair-converter-from-genesis-2-female-to-genesis-8-female
Thanks though, Thian Hair and Paradise Bird hair look long enough to merit the new template!
Attention Riversoft Art and SickleYield Converter Users!We're in progress on our Genesis to Genesis 8 Female hair converter, and I need your help!
Specifically, I have short hair, long hair, and ponytail hairs for Genesis for testing. What I don't have is a super long hair like the Spiderqueen Hair for Genesis 2 Female or the old Ariel hair (I guess it's not in the store any more) for Victoria 4.
So what I need from you: What super long hairs do you have or use for Genesis that are longer than mid-back that you would like to see converted to Genesis 8 Female, so I can use them for testing of our product and ensure we offer you the very best result we can?
help identifying an asset (answered)It's AeonSoul's C-Suit for Lemonade outfit for Victoria 4 formerly available at RuntimeDNA but not available anymore.
March Madness 2019Oh I expect some hilarious April fools day offer will rear it’s ugly head tonight

maybe the much awaited HD morphing cube will finally come, or at least unflattable pony HD with Dforce unflattability!,,
Maybe the uflattable pony but we already had the "Ultimate Morphing* Hi-Res Millennium Cube" back in April 2008. (No longer in the store)
I think one of the best ones was V8 (https://www.daz3d.com/v8) which was free back in April 2016 a few months before Victoria 8 was released.
Actually the V8 arrived a year before Victoria 8, I think to shock people that V7 had ruled for just a year.
March Madness 2019I think one of the best ones was V8 (https://www.daz3d.com/v8) which was free back in April 2016 a few months before Victoria 8 was released.I don't know… Last year's Hole Hair (G8M) from Changeling Chick was pretty funny. And I still use it from time-to-time.
March Madness 2019Oh I expect some hilarious April fools day offer will rear it’s ugly head tonight

maybe the much awaited HD morphing cube will finally come, or at least unflattable pony HD with Dforce unflattability!,,
Maybe the uflattable pony but we already had the "Ultimate Morphing* Hi-Res Millennium Cube" back in April 2008. (No longer in the store)
I think one of the best ones was V8 (https://www.daz3d.com/v8) which was free back in April 2016 a few months before Victoria 8 was released.
Genesis 9 delayed until at least 2020. Will you be buying it?For me, it's the introduction of dForce that's more revolutionary than another generation - now we have a lot more "normal" daywear along with
I must confess that I've been busy with other projects for a while so I haven't done much rendering in the past couple of years... but the big changes I see with Genesis 8 is that the different official DAZ character bundles now look more unique - like different people instead of all being family relatives of Victoria & Michael - many more mature characters too, which is right up my street.(thank you all those HD sculptors out there).
As far as the clothing is concerned, I must admit that there are fewer items in the G8 bundles that grab me by the proverbials... but I think this might be the artists trying to make things that are uniqe and original rather than rehashing old designs again and again. The problem with this is that certain classic designs became classic for a reason - which is where dForce comes to the rescue - auto-fit and old product and activate dForce on the cloth sections - great stuff.
Even going through back catalogue items, it's a little surprising with all the NVIATWAS stuff that there's never actually been a proper Red Sonja armour or Princess Teegra costume (I know kit-bashing is fun, but you know what I mean).
Oh, and I finally ran out of space on my runtime drive - so I'm still buying plenty of stuff it would seem, hehehe.
Genesis 9 delayed until at least 2020. Will you be buying it?...we never got a genesis 4, it went straight to Genesis 8 so they could just be renaming he figure again lol. I for one am thrilled at the news, and hope there isn’t a base figure coming out :)
...unless it’s a the Cat or even a baby base figure or other animals :)
Genesis 8 IS the Genesis 4th generation; the numbering was changed after Genesis 3 (aka, 7th generation) to make clear that the current generation is the eighth generation of Daz bases. All the Named Bases followed that convention already. E.g., Victoria 5 is a Genesis base, Scott 6 is a Genesis 2 base, & Karen 7 is a Genesis 3 base.
I would like to see more animals updated--we only have Big Cats, Horse & Dog--and a new baby figure, preferably with morphs for several ages between Newborn & 2 years. Both Millennium Baby & Genesis Baby seem to have been pulled from the store, and the Growning Up sets only go down to about age 5, so Daz doesn't have an infant or toddler figure. Granted there's Luna, but she looks closer to 12-18 months
Carrara Challenge 45: Extinction and De-extinction! Voting Thread:#10
Title: Money first...
Artist: DUDU
Category: A
#25
Title: Resurrection of Victoria One
Artist: UnifiedBrain
Category: B#13
Title: “Have a Drink”
Artist: Tynkere (Bruce)
Category: B= De-ExtinctionHM
Entry #22
'Family of Thylacine Sheltering Under Boab Tree'
Artist headwax
Category A extinctionSereneNight's Sci-Fi Fun Thread 2I dredged my wardrobe for possible tennis clothing. It was hard to find shoes with white bottoms! But since I bought the playground HDRI I had told myself I needed to use them. Boyd is not yuppie enough so we will likely have to look deeper in my wardrobe for appropriate tennis wear.
The tennis racket and ball is Victoria's. Men aren't allowed to play tennis in Dazlandia.

There aren't any tennis poses, so I will be making some eventually I gather.

As far as Tennis goes, neither of the guys play, but Owen may have learned in High School since he's a bit of a jock. Both guys like doing things they have never done. So tennis lessons together seems like a fun thing to do.
Genesis 9 delayed until at least 2020. Will you be buying it?To answer the OP's question, taking into consideration the additional info we have.
I'll likely get G9 and the morphs and likely V9 too (Please Daz release a different base first for a change.), Victoria has never been my favourite; having said that V8 is my favourite of them.
When will they arrive? No clue.
We can't speculate as we don't have enough information. G9 could be released in 2020, but who knows.
Carrara Challenge 45: Extinction and De-extinction! Voting Thread:Vote 1 - Entry #3, Title: PC Story, Artist: Stezza, Category: Extinction
Vote 2 - Entry #25, Title: Resurrection of Victoria One, Artist: UnifiedBrain, Category: B
Vote 3 - Entry #: 13, Title: “Have a Drink”, Artist: Tynkere (Bruce), Category: B= De-Extinction
HM - Entry #15, Title: A last bit of Cretacous advice, Artist: UnifiedBrain, Category: A
Carrara Challenge 45: Extinction and De-extinction! Voting Thread:Vote 1 - Entry #25
Title: Resurrection of Victoria One
Artist: UnifiedBrainVote 2 - Entry #22
'Family of Thylacine Sheltering Under Boab Tree'
Artist headwax
Vote 3 - Entry #: 9
Title: Dolly the Sheep
Artist: Bunyip02HM - Entry #3
Title: PC Story
Artist: Stezzaissue with newgen script(SOLVED)So earlier this weeks, I had to reinstall windows 7 again, so had to also install DS again naturally. I did not have to reinstall my content, because that is on a seperate hard drive from the OS. Today I fired it up to do some renders, a script to load and it will not work.
This is what comes up in the log:
2019-03-30 13:44:45.081 Loading script: E:/G8F/People/Genesis 8 Female/Anatomy/!!New Genitalia For Victoria 8/New Genitalia For Victoria 8.dsa
2019-03-30 13:44:50.045 Script executed successfully: E:/G8F/People/Genesis 8 Female/Anatomy/!!New Genitalia For Victoria 8/New Genitalia For Victoria 8.dsa
2019-03-30 13:45:39.806 Loading script: E:/G8F/People/Genesis 8 Female/Anatomy/!!New Genitalia For Victoria 8/New Genitalia For Victoria 8.dsa
2019-03-30 13:45:42.716 Script executed successfully: E:/G8F/People/Genesis 8 Female/Anatomy/!!New Genitalia For Victoria 8/New Genitalia For Victoria 8.dsa
2019-03-30 13:45:45.854 WARNING: QAccessibleWidget::rect: This implementation does not support subelements! (ID 8 unknown for DzActionMgr)
Not sure how to troubleshoot this one.
I came up with what sounded like a dumb idea to me, and just drag and dropped the script and associated files exactly where I had them already. It worked for an unkown reason. If anyone else has the issue with reinstalling OS and or daz studio, and a script in your library that hasn't changed at all not working, try a reinstall lol
Rune 7 to G8 - skin issuesOkay. I'm back home. Please note that you must do this on G3F because G8F doesn't have that particular UV, by default.
1. You right-click on the "Surfaces" tab and click on Map Transfer.

2. In the pop-up, right-click and create a new template.

3. Select this new template and drag and drop material zones. (In my example, I will do the face. Which consists of the "Face", "Lips", "Ears" and "Eye Socket".) For other body parts, like the torso, I think it's the back of the head, neck, etc. Arms and fingernails are together, as are legs and toenails, etc.
4. By default, this will save to some strange temporary location. So you you'd have to find a new location for the new generated texture files. Preferably, it would be best if you create a new folder in the Runtime, where the rest of the DS textures are saved. That way, you know where to find them.

5. Finally, once it saves, you could rename the mat files. But please remember that you cannot redistribute these new Rune 7 textures with base UVs (or Victoria 7 textures with base UVs, from my example). These are for your personal use such as commercial and non-commercial renders. (To comply with DAZ 3D's EULA.) And once you get everything saved. You have to go to the Surfaces tab and re-apply every single mat file (diffuse, normals, etc) and the colors used in the original or how you have your character set up. That's why Redz Studio product is easier.












