• Daz 3D
  • Shop
  • 3D Software
    • Daz Studio Premier
    • Daz Studio
    • Install Manager
    • Exporters
    • Daz to Roblox
    • Daz to Maya
    • Daz to Blender
    • Daz to Unreal
    • Daz to Unity
    • Daz to 3ds Max
    • Daz to Cinema 4D
  • 3D Models
    • Genesis 9
    • Genesis 8.1
    • Free 3D Models
    • Game Ready
  • Community
    • Gallery
    • Forums
    • Blog
    • Press
    • Help
  • Memberships
    • Daz Premier
    • Daz Plus
    • Daz Base
    • Compare
  • AI Solutions
  • Download Studio
  • Menu
  • Daz 3D
  • Shop
  • 3d Software
    • Daz Studio Premier
    • Daz Studio
    • Install Manager
    • Exporters
    • Daz to Roblox
    • Daz to Maya
    • Daz to Blender
    • Daz to Unreal
    • Daz to Unity
    • Daz to 3ds Max
    • Daz to Cinema 4D
  • 3D Models
    • Genesis 9
    • Genesis 8.1
    • Free 3D Models
  • Community
    • Our Community
    • Gallery
    • Forums
    • Blog
    • Press
    • Help
  • Memberships
    • Daz Premier
    • Daz Plus
    • Daz Base
    • Compare
  • AI Solutions

Notifications

You currently have no notifications.

Loading...
Daz 3D Forums > Search
  • Instructions for using the texture atlas

    With a bit fumbeling around I once figured out how Texture Atlas works.

    Unfortunatly there is an issue with the "new" - how it is called? UDIM UV layout if you try to use it on Genesis 3 and 8 figures but this coudn't stop me from using it.

    Richard explained a good workaround it in this thread: https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/217276/texture-atlas

    I didn't know but as descriped its sounds easy: you export the genesis 3 or 8 figure once as OBJ with the "Collapse UV Tiles" option checked. This eleminates the UDIM UV layout issue once you load this Collapse UV Tiles OBJ as a new UV Set on that you can use the Texture Atlas as usual. Then in the end you just need to remember to only save the UV Set Asset that Texture Atlas has generated.

    Lately I've used it on genesis 8, made screenshots and planed a tutorial on how I managed to workaround the issues I had. I've used Blender to fix the mess Texture Atlas did with the UDIM UVs at first.

    Since Genesis 2 I've used Texture Atlas for one thing, to turn the character textures into what I called Low-Res UVs. With the Face and Torso, Legs and Arms Surfaces all on one texture map. See the attached screenshot.

    Or Skin-Lips-Nails Low-Res UVs for Genesis 3 and 8 because only those surfaces are affected by the rearrangement. Actualy I've invented this method to tweak skin colors all in one go in an image editor like Photoshop.

    I called it Low-Res UVs because I wanted to reduce the texture resolution by using a 4k map so every surface like Face and Torso gets 2k resolution. What I haven't tried yet is to use 8k maps on these UVs, in theory you wouldn't loose any detail with the 8k texture resolution.

     

    So finaly I thought using Texture Atlas would be best showen in a video and here it is. This is not realy a tutorial like seen elsewhere because I don't explain everything and I work fast. Maybe its more for advanced users but hey its an advanced issue anyway. In the end I realize I made the mistake and forget to add the EyeSocket surface keep that in mind if you try it yourself. Because of the nature of skin textures this video containes nudity.

    DazStudio LowResUVs G3F - Youtube

    This video shows how I used the Texture Atlas to create all-in-one texture maps and UVs for Genesis 3 Female.

    I start with a character texture set Ronya HD for Victoria 7. https://www.daz3d.com/ronya-hd-for-victoria-7

    I show the whole process how Texture Atlas will create the new UV Set and convert the textures. Then I save the UV Asset and a Material Preset of the result.

    In the second part I show you how to use the Map Transfer to convert other character textures to the new UV set. This time I used the character GND Darla from this other site.

    I hope this is useful information to you.

    Syrus_Dante

    By

    Syrus_Dante Syrus_Dante April 2019 in Technical Help (nuts n bolts)
  • Who's Next to Join the G8 Family?

    To continue on L'Adair's list.... (edited as suggested by per Noah LGP)

    • 40. Mr. Woo 8      2019-04-04
    • 39. Mrs. Chow 8    2019-03-19
    • 38. Bridget 8      2019-03-05
    • 37. Landon 8       2019-02-19
    • 36. Tasha 8        2019-02-05
    • 35. Sydney 8       2019-01-15
    • 34. Christian 8    2019-01-02
    • 33. Nix 8          2018-12-18
    • 32. Eva 8          2018-12-04
    • 31. Lee 8          2018-11-22
    • 30. Mei Lin 8      2018-11-06
    • 29. Vladimir 8     2018-10-18
    • 28. Gia 8          2018-10-01
    • 27. The Brute 8    2018-09-18
    • 26. Latonya 8      2018-09-04
    • 25. Toon Dwayne 8  2018-08-21
    • 24. Zelara 8       2018-08-10
    • 23. Mabel 8        2018-07-17
    • 22. Teen Kaylee 8  2018-07-03
    • --. Daz Dog 8      2018-06-18
    • 21. The Girl 8     2018-06-05
    • 20. Floyd 8        2018-05-23
    • 19. Mika 8         2018-05-09
    • 18. Edie 8         2018-04-24
    • 17. Penny 8        2018-04-11
    • 16. Ollie 8        2018-03-27
    • 15. Aiko 8         2018-03-13
    • 14. Edward 8       2018-02-22
    • 13. Alexandra 8    2018-02-13
    • 12. Karyssa 8      2018-01-23
    • 11. Owen 8         2018-01-09
    • 10. Sakura 8       2017-12-26
    • 09. Charlotte 8    2017-12-12
    • 08. Darius 8       2017-11-28
    • 07. Monique 8      2017-11-14
    • 06. Lucas 8        2017-10-17
    • 05. Stephanie 8    2017-10-03
    • 04. Teen Josie 8   2017-09-19
    • 03. Michael 8      2017-08-22
    • 02. Olympia 8      2017-07-25
    • 01. Victoria 8     2017-06-15

    By

    XpiderMan XpiderMan April 2019 in The Commons
  • V4 clone to G8F clothing questions

    Okay, so yes. my G8F has a V4 clone applied, and can comfortably wear anything originally made for V4. I do however have some questions in regards to some aspects of the conversion.

    1. Does anyone know what happens to the original items geometry? I.E. Do pants for V4 still  "break" or seam in the same places, and the "clone" within G8F just translates G8F bends back to the original V4 item?
    2. If I fit a clothing item to G8F, then export as an OBJ, then import back in, does this item now become a G8F item, or would the geometry need to be modified to "fit" G8F?

    I'm asking because I have a boatload of V4 clothing items that I have gotten over the years, some going back as far as when she was NEW and poser specific, (even going so far as using the V3 to V4 clothing converter,) so a lot of these are designed with poser in mind, but because they are for V4, I can make them work now on G8F and give them the needed "updates" like iRay and/or dForce... Some I just don't want to get rid of yet, because I spent good money on them, and really just hate the idea of throwing them out because they were never updated with Victoria.

    So does anyone know the answers to these conceptual questions?

     

    By

    Vially Vially April 2019 in Daz Studio Discussion
  • Bra Morph..?

    Excellent breakdown. Thank you! 

    I'm sorry to take so long to get this post done, and I see the convo took a right turn toward other, if pertinent issues. But I worked too long and hard on these images to not share them now!
    laugh



    Okay. Here are some examples of what I call a "braless" breast shape, representing a small sample of the female characters I have in my runtime. I kept the samples to the G3/G8 generation..These example are rendered from the side, creating a profile of the shape. (Image links to the full-size image, in a new window/tab.)

    Breast Shapes Examples

    The whole point of wearing a bra, (pun unintended,) is to support the breast. Regardless of the braless shape, a well-fitting bra will result in a rounded shape. And any breast that is sagging will be lifted up. Here is a link to a Google image (photo) search of Victoria's Secret for "how a bra shapes the breast".

    The base female shape of both G3 and G8 is modeled with a bra shape. Using the Breast Implants morph from their respective Body Morphs package, these renders show a reasonably realistic bra shape for average, small and large breasts. I've also included an additional front view using just the Breasts Small morph.

    G3-g8 Base Female Shape And Morphs

    In the image above, 1 and 5 are the base female with no morphs applied; 2 and 7 have the Breast Implants morph dialed to -35%, the default lower limit of the morph; 3 and 8 dial the Breast Implants morph to 100%; and 4 uses the just the Breasts Small morph, to 100%. Although I didn't use the Breasts Cleavage morph, a well-fitting bra would also bring the large breasts of example 8 closer together, smoothing the sides somewhat.

    Obviously, we can get the look of wearing a bra with these morphs, on the base figure. But I personally don't want all my female characters to look virtually identical from the neck down. I have hundreds of female characters, and I'd like to use their full shape morphs. I'd also like to have the option to change the breast shape for those times, (most of the time, for me,) when I want the figure to look like she's wearing a bra.

    I would like to point out, Izabella 7 has a separate breast morph. The full shape morph loads all three morphs, Izabella 7 Head, Izabella 7 Body and Izabella 7 Breasts. Dialing down the Breasts morph changes her shape to look like she's wearing a bra. And this is exactly what those of us who want a "Bra Morph" are asking for, the ability to spin a dial and make the sexy braless shaped breasts into a more rounded shape.

     

    By

    Melissa Conway Melissa Conway April 2019 in The Commons
  • Novica & Forum Members Tips & Product Reviews Pt 11

    LOL no sarcasm noted.  I just always have to remind myself when looking at characters at how many different ways I can use them, aka, use their shape to add to other figures- so I didn't even think of replacing the brows.

    I'm exercising as usual and zipping in and out of the house, walking a bit then coming back in to cool off. So my mind isn't entirely focused. It's getting hotter here in Florida and soon I'll be having to walk indoors or really early mornings. Ugh. BTW, I've dropped another 6 pounds since I last posted my weight, am now 120.4. Goal is 118 by the middle or end of summer. I weighed 112 to 115 in my 20's, but don't care about getting back down to that. Just want to be healthy and active.

    I will be posting some renders in the next week or so, if not sooner. Have a bunch of new products that I haven't touched. Today's offer isn't helping with than additional percent off due to owning Victoria 8. Thanks Daz! And yes, when this thread ends, there will be another one and it will be more active. 

    By

    Novica Novica April 2019 in Art Studio
  • Novica & Forum Members Tips & Product Reviews Pt 11

    Looking for a deal?  Take a look at this gallery image too. I don't like the eyebrows as they just seem a bit faded to me, but just think what you can do by dialing that body shape into other characters. It's DE Kari in Fast Grab, and if you have the purple Victoria banner, she goes to a whopping 82% off and $3.40. 

    Also, gift cards receive that purple banner off too. Would be a nice time to stock up as you can put as many as you want in your cart- perhaps get some $5 ones for $4 to help folks who sponsor contests. :) 

    All of Kari's face maps are no-brow. She comes with fiber mesh brows. The vendor makes it really easy to use other fiber mesh brows! I was passing her by, but now I think I will add her to cart. Thanks, Novica. (No sarcasm, either.)

    ETA: To get that discount/price, you'll need more than just DE Kari in the cart. With just her, it's $5.12 and 72%.

    ETA2: It also helps to remember to apply the coupon code. (Doh!)

    By

    L'Adair L'Adair April 2019 in Art Studio
  • Novica & Forum Members Tips & Product Reviews Pt 11

    Looking for a deal?  Take a look at this gallery image too. I don't like the eyebrows as they just seem a bit faded to me, but just think what you can do by dialing that body shape into other characters. It's DE Kari in Fast Grab, and if you have the purple Victoria banner, she goes to a whopping 82% off and $3.40. 

    Also, gift cards receive that purple banner off too. Would be a nice time to stock up as you can put as many as you want in your cart- perhaps get some $5 ones for $4 to help folks who sponsor contests. :) 

    By

    Novica Novica April 2019 in Art Studio
  • March Madness 2019

    New Bonus item:

    Question:  

    Required Products: Victoria 8

    Details: Shawna is a high-quality Character for Genesis 8 Female.

    So is it Genesis or Victoria figure??

    I don't know, at a guess it means the shape uses Victoria 8 so if you don't have that (and don't get it free by buying a different Newly Mad today) you would end yup with a different shape but otherwise the character would work.

    By

    Richard Haseltine Richard Haseltine April 2019 in The Commons
  • March Madness 2019

    New Bonus item:

    Question:  

    Required Products: Victoria 8

    Details: Shawna is a high-quality Character for Genesis 8 Female.

    So is it Genesis or Victoria figure??

    By

    Xellosz Xellosz April 2019 in The Commons
  • All clothing morphs installed in My Library/data folder don't show up or work at all. Please help!

    The data folder holds the asset files used by the content and is not meant to be visible to the user. If you remove it from Content and place it back in My Library then the morphs will load with the clothing, though if they are matching morphs on the base figure they will probably be hidden in the property lists as they are applied automatically - you can turn on Show Hidden properties in the Parameter pane's option menu, the lined button in the top corner or right-click the tab.

    Thanks for the response! I'm a bit of a newbie so forgive my dumb (possibly nonsensical) questions -

     

    How are the morphs applied automatically if there's multiple choices for each piece of clothing you can supposedly choose between? For instance, I've put the data back in the my library folder from content but I can't find any of the morph presets for said clothing, despite them being listed as a key feature of the product. Do I still have to morph them myself or find them somehwere else?

    If the morphs are matching a shape for the base figure (e.g. Victoria 8) then they will apply to the clothes without any action on your part when you aply the Victoria 8 shape to the Genesis 8 Female wearing the clothes. The same is true for shapes that match shapes from the morph packs. other morphs, such as adjustments or perhaps morphs for the base figure that you don't hae installed, will appear in the parameters or Shaping panes when you have the clothing item selected in the scene.

    By

    Richard Haseltine Richard Haseltine April 2019 in Technical Help (nuts n bolts)
  • ™ NOTHING Wooork (Argh)

    No, you need the pro Bundle for the character from Daz itself - e.g. https://www.daz3d.com/michael-8-pro-bundle for the Genesis 8 Male set or https://www.daz3d.com/victoria-8-pro-bundle for Genesis 8 Female . For the pre-Genesis figures Michael 4's anatomical elements are in the Body Morphs, Victoria 4 doesn't have any (just a genital crease morph in the Body Morphs set). I'm not sur what you mean by the $50 license - the Interactive License is required if you are making a game (or other software) that needs to include actual 3D data, not just 2D renders (still images or animations).

    By

    Richard Haseltine Richard Haseltine April 2019 in Technical Help (nuts n bolts)
  • March Madness 2019

    Please can someone tell me if there are any restrictions on the use of the new Purple banner discount code for owners of Victoria 8? Will it work with PC+ items? I expect it would be wise not to include free items in my cart when using the new discount code.

    As @Ati says, it's a fixed percentage discount. Also, the offer states, "…your entire cart purchase." I see no exclusions, so PC+ Items should work. For example, if your cart total is $100 without the coupon, regardless of how many stacking discounts on the products in your cart, the cart total should be $80 after applying the coupon.

    I hope this helps.

    PC+ items worked for me this morning.

    By

    Nath Nath April 2019 in The Commons
  • March Madness 2019

    Please can someone tell me if there are any restrictions on the use of the new Purple banner discount code for owners of Victoria 8? Will it work with PC+ items? I expect it would be wise not to include free items in my cart when using the new discount code.

    As @Ati says, it's a fixed percentage discount. Also, the offer states, "…your entire cart purchase." I see no exclusions, so PC+ Items should work. For example, if your cart total is $100 without the coupon, regardless of how many stacking discounts on the products in your cart, the cart total should be $80 after applying the coupon.

    I hope this helps.

    By

    L'Adair L'Adair April 2019 in The Commons
  • March Madness 2019

    Please can someone tell me if there are any restrictions on the use of the new Purple banner discount code for owners of Victoria 8? Will it work with PC+ items? I expect it would be wise not to include free items in my cart when using the new discount code.

    It's a fixed percent off, so free items should not interfere with it.

    By

    Ati Ati April 2019 in The Commons
  • March Madness 2019

    Please can someone tell me if there are any restrictions on the use of the new Purple banner discount code for owners of Victoria 8? Will it work with PC+ items? I expect it would be wise not to include free items in my cart when using the new discount code.

    By

    sueya sueya April 2019 in The Commons
  • Bra Morph..?

    I'm sorry to take so long to get this post done, and I see the convo took a right turn toward other, if pertinent issues. But I worked too long and hard on these images to not share them now!
    laugh



    Okay. Here are some examples of what I call a "braless" breast shape, representing a small sample of the female characters I have in my runtime. I kept the samples to the G3/G8 generation..These example are rendered from the side, creating a profile of the shape. (Image links to the full-size image, in a new window/tab.)

    Breast Shapes Examples

    The whole point of wearing a bra, (pun unintended,) is to support the breast. Regardless of the braless shape, a well-fitting bra will result in a rounded shape. And any breast that is sagging will be lifted up. Here is a link to a Google image (photo) search of Victoria's Secret for "how a bra shapes the breast".

    The base female shape of both G3 and G8 is modeled with a bra shape. Using the Breast Implants morph from their respective Body Morphs package, these renders show a reasonably realistic bra shape for average, small and large breasts. I've also included an additional front view using just the Breasts Small morph.

    G3-g8 Base Female Shape And Morphs

    In the image above, 1 and 5 are the base female with no morphs applied; 2 and 7 have the Breast Implants morph dialed to -35%, the default lower limit of the morph; 3 and 8 dial the Breast Implants morph to 100%; and 4 uses the just the Breasts Small morph, to 100%. Although I didn't use the Breasts Cleavage morph, a well-fitting bra would also bring the large breasts of example 8 closer together, smoothing the sides somewhat.

    Obviously, we can get the look of wearing a bra with these morphs, on the base figure. But I personally don't want all my female characters to look virtually identical from the neck down. I have hundreds of female characters, and I'd like to use their full shape morphs. I'd also like to have the option to change the breast shape for those times, (most of the time, for me,) when I want the figure to look like she's wearing a bra.

    I would like to point out, Izabella 7 has a separate breast morph. The full shape morph loads all three morphs, Izabella 7 Head, Izabella 7 Body and Izabella 7 Breasts. Dialing down the Breasts morph changes her shape to look like she's wearing a bra. And this is exactly what those of us who want a "Bra Morph" are asking for, the ability to spin a dial and make the sexy braless shaped breasts into a more rounded shape.

    By

    L'Adair L'Adair April 2019 in The Commons
  • Is there an easy way to swap heads?

    You could try this:

    Load both, hide Michael's head and Victoria's body, move Victoria so her head is in the right place and parent her to the Michael's neck so the head follows poses at least basically. You'll probably need to do some adjustments once posed though.

    By

    Leana Leana April 2019 in Daz Studio Discussion
  • ™ NOTHING Wooork (Argh)

    mail ..

    Little question,

    I still do not understand where we install the "genitals",
    I understand nothing, put pictures that we understand !!

    If you have one of the adult character Pro Bundles that includes the anatomical elements (e.g. Victoria # Pro or Michael # Pro) then they are just another content file to install. if you don't then you don't have the models, just materials that would be applied to them to match the rest of the figure.

    By

    Richard Haseltine Richard Haseltine April 2019 in Technical Help (nuts n bolts)
  • Is there an easy way to swap heads?

    Hello, 
    So I am pretty new to DAZ, but I have owned both Poser 4 and Poser 10 prior so I am not totally new to the type of program. 
    I am wondering if there is a relatively easy way, within DAZ and not requiring use of Hexagon or Blender, to take Victoria's head and put it on Michael's body. 

    Thank you to anyone who may be able to help. 

    By

    Conan Twicebaked Conan Twicebaked April 2019 in Daz Studio Discussion
  • help identifying an asset (answered)

    It's AeonSoul's C-Suit for Lemonade outfit for Victoria 4 formerly available at RuntimeDNA but not available anymore.

    That's it- thanks so much.

    By

    MarkH MarkH April 2019 in The Commons
Previous Next
Adding to Cart…

Daz 3D is part of Tafi

Connect

DAZ Productions, Inc.
7533 S Center View Ct #4664
West Jordan, UT 84084

HELP

Contact Us

Tutorials

Help Center

Sell Your 3D Content

Affiliate Program

Documentation Center

Open Source

Consent Preferences

JOIN DAZ

Memberships

Blog

About Us

Press

Careers

Bridges

Community

In the Studio

Gallery

Forum

DAZ STORE

Shop

Freebies

Published Artists

Licensing Agreement | Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | EULA

© 2026 Daz Productions Inc. All Rights Reserved.