• Daz 3D
  • Shop
  • 3D Software
    • Daz Studio Premier
    • Daz Studio
    • Install Manager
    • Exporters
    • Daz to Roblox
    • Daz to Maya
    • Daz to Blender
    • Daz to Unreal
    • Daz to Unity
    • Daz to 3ds Max
    • Daz to Cinema 4D
  • 3D Models
    • Genesis 9
    • Genesis 8.1
    • Free 3D Models
    • Game Ready
  • Community
    • Gallery
    • Forums
    • Blog
    • Press
    • Help
  • Memberships
    • Daz Premier
    • Daz Plus
    • Daz Base
    • Compare
  • AI Solutions
  • Download Studio
  • Menu
  • Daz 3D
  • Shop
  • 3d Software
    • Daz Studio Premier
    • Daz Studio
    • Install Manager
    • Exporters
    • Daz to Roblox
    • Daz to Maya
    • Daz to Blender
    • Daz to Unreal
    • Daz to Unity
    • Daz to 3ds Max
    • Daz to Cinema 4D
  • 3D Models
    • Genesis 9
    • Genesis 8.1
    • Free 3D Models
  • Community
    • Our Community
    • Gallery
    • Forums
    • Blog
    • Press
    • Help
  • Memberships
    • Daz Premier
    • Daz Plus
    • Daz Base
    • Compare
  • AI Solutions

Notifications

You currently have no notifications.

Loading...
Daz 3D Forums > Search
  • Victoria 4.3

     

    Due to the continued popularity of the iconic Victoria 4, an updated version perhaps could be explored.

    V4 only remains "popular" with poser users....for now at least.wink

    By

    wolf359 wolf359 April 2019 in Product Suggestions
  • Victoria 8 x Genesis 8 female

    Victoria 8 is a character for G8F, the underlying mesh is the same and so is the base rigging.

    You can combine the V8 morph with other G8F morphs.

    By

    Leana Leana April 2019 in New Users
  • Victoria 4.3

    DAZ has moved to a new paradigm for their characters. V4 was relatively high poly count and therefore amenable to morphing by almost anyone. Not so good for DAZ character/morph sales. The Genesis range seem to have less and less polygons on each successive generation; the characters rely on subdivision on the fly within DAZ Studio to achieve their high quality mesh appearence. The lower poly count of the Genesis series means making detailed mesh morphs is more difficult at best and impossible for some morphs, unless you are a DAZ PA, when you have access to DAZ propriety HD technology which enables making HD detailed morphs. This is better for DAZ sales of detailed morphs for their characters. Makes good business sense for DAZ. So DAZ upgrading the rigging of V4 is not very likely as V4++ would compete (rather well, IMO) with the Genesis series and risk losing character/morph sales to third parties.

    That's not really correct - since the V4 mesh is used at its final esolution some of the extra is needed to smooth out those morphs, which on Genesises can be left to the SubD to smooth. Remember that Victoria 4 is roughly equivalent to one level of SubD on a Genesis. The idea that this is some kind of ply to boost sales is not really credible - most HD moprh need more resolution thanm the older figures ever offered.

    And of course to make HD morphs you need to be a Daz PA...

    By

    Psyckosama Psyckosama April 2019 in Product Suggestions
  • RiverSoft Art Second Anniversary Contest SUBMISSION THREAD

    The Red Queen of Hearts

    Products Used:

    Riversoft Art: 

    RSSY Clothing Converter from Victoria 4 to Genesis 8 Female
    Expression Mixer
    Eye Clock Pose Control for Genesis 3 and 8 Male(s) and Female(s)

    V4 Outfit:

    Hattie Madder

    How Products Were Used:

    The Clothing Converter was used to convert the dress and the sleeves. Sleeves and shoes are always a problem with converting from V4 to newer generations. There is always crinkling, especially with the more severe poses. The Clothing Converter did a great job converting the sleeves and dress, better than autofit. I chose one of the most severe, problematic poses I knew of to try out with the outfit after converting and it did wonderfully. I only had a slight crumpling of the edge of the skirt on one side which I think I could have fixed fix, but I didn't bother because that part didn't end up being in my final shot. This product worked great and will be a valued tool in my arsenal.

    Expression Mixer was used to create the character's smile. It did a pretty good job with an open mouth smile which are hard to get right.

    Eye Clock Pose was used to pose the eyes which never look right when I do them on my own.

    By

    Knittingmommy Knittingmommy April 2019 in Art Studio
  • Victoria 8 x Genesis 8 female

    hey guys i'm thinking in buying victoria 8, but i really want to know what are really the difference aside morphs and skin?? like her mesh have more poly???, i can use any genesis 8 morphs which i had bought on her???, to be clear i means in meshe quality, what her mesh have better than genesis 8 base??? or they are the same??? just with a "victoria morph" and some physical elements??? talking about "bending" when animating her she have better "bending"? like more realistic bendings than genesis 8??, how exactly she is better???

    By

    Ellessarr Ellessarr April 2019 in New Users
  • April 2019 - Daz 3D New User Challenge - Open Render Challenge

    I have added more sunflowers in the background and moved the 2 large sunflowers in the foreground closer together

    I have also used https://www.daz3d.com/legacy-uvs-for-genesis-8-victoria-4 to convert the "Kenna for v4" texture so that it can be used with Genesis 8

    I would appreciate some constructive feedback.

     

    it looks awesome and thanks for that Legacy UVs, I'm gonna get that when I have money again:). Question for you: is she sunning herself or sitting in the shade. I think playing with the light a little bit would be awesome. I don't immediately get where the single spot of sunlight is coming in from. It could just be me looking at it wrong. The sky sorta looks like it has the sun behind that cloud, if so the shadows should reflect that.If I am way off base, let me know. 

    Overall though I think it's a really adorable scene. 

    By

    Coryllon Coryllon April 2019 in New User Contests and Events
  • Morphs from G3 to G8

    It does not. I suspect it can, but I need to really study the format of the CR2 file, and generalized Poser-ness. I just don't know enough about it to be definitive. That said, The tools this product uses to work rely on Studio's internals, and I have noticed that there many cases where those tools do not like to work with legacy formats and post Genesis formats at the same time. So it might also not be possible.

    Select the Victoria 4 or Michael 4 figure in the scene, go to Edit>Figure>Rigging>Convert Figure To Weight Map, now choose a weight map system you want to work with.

    Once this is done with TriAx or General weights you can start to use for example the Node Weight Map Brush tool on those Legacy figures. Also more important the Transfer Utility will work on them.

    Like always to transfer morphs they have to be once saved as Morph Assets go to File>Save As>Support Asset>Morph Asset.

    But since the figure isn't saved yet as a Figure/Prop Asset you go here File>Save As>Support Asset>Figure/Prop Asset.

    With this the morphs get saved along with it in the "data/Morphs/Base" folder. Now don't forget to delete the current Victoria 4 or Michael 4 figure from the scene because its still the old version. Restart DS and load your new V4 / M4 Figure/Prop Asset from the library to actualy use the new asset in the scene. Now try the Transfer Utility with them I'm pretty shure it will work.

    By

    Syrus_Dante Syrus_Dante April 2019 in The Commons
  • Carrara versus Daz and Hexagon

    Hello, I am debating getting Carrara Pro 8.5. For me it would be an affordable way to get Victoria 5 and Michael 5 Pro Bundles but I was also wondering if I would use the software and if so what I might use the software for.  From reading the description it seems that it might be kind of Blender Light plus a bit more animation but I could be all wrong.  That is why I am posting this to get feedback from people that use the software.  Thank you in advance.

    RiverMissy

    I bought Carrara for the same reason - to get the V5 and M5 bundles for Daz Studio.  But the vast functions of Carrara, and the supportivness of the community here, caused me to change course.  I desided to switch to Carrara for almost everything.  For me, it was tons easier than Blender, but It still took about 6 months to get really comfortable.  No regrets.

    By

    UnifiedBrain UnifiedBrain April 2019 in Carrara Discussion
  • Victoria 4.3

    DAZ has moved to a new paradigm for their characters. V4 was relatively high poly count and therefore amenable to morphing by almost anyone. Not so good for DAZ character/morph sales. The Genesis range seem to have less and less polygons on each successive generation; the characters rely on subdivision on the fly within DAZ Studio to achieve their high quality mesh appearence. The lower poly count of the Genesis series means making detailed mesh morphs is more difficult at best and impossible for some morphs, unless you are a DAZ PA, when you have access to DAZ propriety HD technology which enables making HD detailed morphs. This is better for DAZ sales of detailed morphs for their characters. Makes good business sense for DAZ. So DAZ upgrading the rigging of V4 is not very likely as V4++ would compete (rather well, IMO) with the Genesis series and risk losing character/morph sales to third parties.

    That's not really correct - since the V4 mesh is used at its final esolution some of the extra is needed to smooth out those morphs, which on Genesises can be left to the SubD to smooth. Remember that Victoria 4 is roughly equivalent to one level of SubD on a Genesis. The idea that this is some kind of ply to boost sales is not really credible - most HD moprh need more resolution thanm the older figures ever offered.

    By

    Richard Haseltine Richard Haseltine April 2019 in Product Suggestions
  • April 2019 - Daz 3D New User Challenge - Open Render Challenge

    This is version 2 of my image

    I have added more sunflowers in the background and moved the 2 large sunflowers in the foreground closer together

    I have also used https://www.daz3d.com/legacy-uvs-for-genesis-8-victoria-4 to convert the "Kenna for v4" texture so that it can be used with Genesis 8

    I would appreciate some constructive feedback.

     

    By

    sueya sueya April 2019 in New User Contests and Events
  • Morphs from G3 to G8

    It's super hard to tell from the small image and viewing the arms bends from this angle but I'll try and guess, just for fun - I could be WAY off though: G2F, G8F, V4, G1

    I PMed you if you want another beta tester. :)

    That was a remarkably good guess. Only one wrong. :)

    I wonder if this product offers a solution to get V4 / M4 morphs straight to G8?

    https://www.daz3d.com/sy-victoria-4-and-michael-4-clones-for-genesis-8

    For my understanding the autofit clones can be used as morph shapes. This will turn a G8 figure into V4 / M5 shape right?

    It does not. I suspect it can, but I need to really study the format of the CR2 file, and generalized Poser-ness. I just don't know enough about it to be definitive. That said, The tools this product uses to work rely on Studio's internals, and I have noticed that there many cases where those tools do not like to work with legacy formats and post Genesis formats at the same time. So it might also not be possible. Thus:

    GenX brings characters from V4 to G3

    GenX is really the best solution for this issue. Yes, it makes it two step, but I can't begin to say if my methods can get near a single step solution. GenX is the only certain solution I am aware of. I wanted to prove this one way or the other, but I simply don't see taking anouther 2 years to figure that out, and learning the legacy format to my standards would mean that much additional trial and error, (given how my current life makes everything take longer). If I figure out how to do it, there will be an addon, but the basic product will be Genesis only. Because Studio does not really convert legacy figures to the same standard as Genesis at run time, I have to invent a new module to do transfers. It's not just getting the right shape.  If anyone know how to author Poser formats in Daz Studio 4, that would go a long way toward making this possible (not to say that I can't figure it out, if it can be done, just that it would save time). But it's definitely not as simple as getting the clone shapes. 

    Here we have everyone. (View the attachment to embiggen.) All seven Genesis figures, all using the same morph as transfered by the tool. While getting the previous example done was good fun, I find that texture's make it too easy to figure out the differences AND it makes it look like there are differences that don't exist. So, this time, I just did them in stone. There remain solid clues as to who's who and there remains one mystery guest in the first image :P
    I never got around to having G3 deactivate the navel and realism morphs before executing a transfer, so I'll  be doing that, then one more round of test transfers (so far, it's all been from G8, so I need to do some testing to make absolutely sure there remain no obvious issues. G8 to G8 was a thing that happened, otherwise there'd be six figures in the render, so I know it works for putting morphs on G8. I just need to make sure there are no gotchas). After that, I'll be releasing to beta. New tester hopefuls, if you PM'd, I will start contacting you as soon as it looks like I'm not getting enough feedback from existing testers. Or if I need specific tests run (I don't know that I will). 

    By

    Singular Blues Singular Blues April 2019 in The Commons
  • Victoria 4.3

    I agree.  Genesis figures of all generations are miles better.

    I used to rely on Victoria 4.2, but the big problem with it was that skirts couldn't move with the legs the same way Genesis figures do.  So for that, Genesis 3 and sometimes 8 is my choice.

    By

    EightiesIsEnough EightiesIsEnough April 2019 in Product Suggestions
  • Victoria 4.3

    Due to the continued popularity of the iconic Victoria 4, an updated version perhaps could be explored.

    Honnestly, the chances of Daz updating a figure which is more than 10 years old and 4 generations behind are virtually nil.

    By

    Leana Leana April 2019 in Product Suggestions
  • Carrara versus Daz and Hexagon

    Hello, I am debating getting Carrara Pro 8.5. For me it would be an affordable way to get Victoria 5 and Michael 5 Pro Bundles but I was also wondering if I would use the software and if so what I might use the software for.  From reading the description it seems that it might be kind of Blender Light plus a bit more animation but I could be all wrong.  That is why I am posting this to get feedback from people that use the software.  Thank you in advance.

    RiverMissy

    By

    RiverMissy RiverMissy April 2019 in Carrara Discussion
  • Victoria 4.3

    Due to the continued popularity of the iconic Victoria 4, an updated version perhaps could be explored. Having another V4 may be redundant-considering the evollutionary V7 and 8- product "remasters" today are in full swing. Just throwing it out there...

    By

    Pinupper Pinupper April 2019 in Product Suggestions
  • I wish it had wings, but...

    maybe  

    Kayless's other demon character Tara 2 wings might work https://www.daz3d.com/tara-2-hd-for-victoria-7-victoria-8

     

    image

    Do the wings actually work or are they stick on wings that just sit there ? not sure.

     

    They are fully rigged and poseable

    Thanks I think I will grab then cheers !

    By

    Midnight_stories Midnight_stories April 2019 in The Commons
  • I wish it had wings, but...

    maybe  

    Kayless's other demon character Tara 2 wings might work https://www.daz3d.com/tara-2-hd-for-victoria-7-victoria-8

     

    image

    Do the wings actually work or are they stick on wings that just sit there ? not sure.

    They are fully rigged and poseable

    By

    dragotx dragotx April 2019 in The Commons
  • I wish it had wings, but...

    maybe  

    Kayless's other demon character Tara 2 wings might work https://www.daz3d.com/tara-2-hd-for-victoria-7-victoria-8

     

    image

    Do the wings actually work or are they stick on wings that just sit there ? not sure.

    By

    Midnight_stories Midnight_stories April 2019 in The Commons
  • I wish it had wings, but...

    maybe  

    Kayless's other demon character Tara 2 wings might work https://www.daz3d.com/tara-2-hd-for-victoria-7-victoria-8

    Yes, I saw those after when I looked up the vendor's catalogue.  Hey, you even get a tail out of it! :-)  Stylistically, I think they are a great match, too.

    By

    Misselthwaite Misselthwaite April 2019 in The Commons
  • Morphs from G3 to G8

    I wonder if this product offers a solution to get V4 / M4 morphs straight to G8?

    https://www.daz3d.com/sy-victoria-4-and-michael-4-clones-for-genesis-8

    For my understanding the autofit clones can be used as morph shapes. This will turn a G8 figure into V4 / M5 shape right?

    No, it won’t transfer morphs, it’s only for clothes. And again no, it won’t turn G8 in V4 or M4 shape. Autofit clones are indeed morphs, but they’re usually different from the source figure shape in some places so that the clothes convert better.

    By

    Leana Leana April 2019 in The Commons
Previous Next
Adding to Cart…

Daz 3D is part of Tafi

Connect

DAZ Productions, Inc.
7533 S Center View Ct #4664
West Jordan, UT 84084

HELP

Contact Us

Tutorials

Help Center

Sell Your 3D Content

Affiliate Program

Documentation Center

Open Source

Consent Preferences

JOIN DAZ

Memberships

Blog

About Us

Press

Careers

Bridges

Community

In the Studio

Gallery

Forum

DAZ STORE

Shop

Freebies

Published Artists

Licensing Agreement | Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | EULA

© 2026 Daz Productions Inc. All Rights Reserved.