• Daz 3D
  • Shop
  • 3D Software
    • Daz Studio Premier
    • Daz Studio
    • Install Manager
    • Exporters
    • Daz to Roblox
    • Daz to Maya
    • Daz to Blender
    • Daz to Unreal
    • Daz to Unity
    • Daz to 3ds Max
    • Daz to Cinema 4D
  • 3D Models
    • Genesis 9
    • Genesis 8.1
    • Free 3D Models
    • Game Ready
  • Community
    • Gallery
    • Forums
    • Blog
    • Press
    • Help
  • Memberships
    • Daz Premier
    • Daz Plus
    • Daz Base
    • Compare
  • AI Solutions
  • Download Studio
  • Menu
  • Daz 3D
  • Shop
  • 3d Software
    • Daz Studio Premier
    • Daz Studio
    • Install Manager
    • Exporters
    • Daz to Roblox
    • Daz to Maya
    • Daz to Blender
    • Daz to Unreal
    • Daz to Unity
    • Daz to 3ds Max
    • Daz to Cinema 4D
  • 3D Models
    • Genesis 9
    • Genesis 8.1
    • Free 3D Models
  • Community
    • Our Community
    • Gallery
    • Forums
    • Blog
    • Press
    • Help
  • Memberships
    • Daz Premier
    • Daz Plus
    • Daz Base
    • Compare
  • AI Solutions

Notifications

You currently have no notifications.

Loading...
Daz 3D Forums > Search
  • Released : V3D FilaToon Converter, Manager and Tools (Commercial)

    For the comparison FilaToon render just after the conversion

    without any adjustments in the Filament Draw Options.

    By

    Artini Artini December 2024 in Daz PA Commercial Products
  • What's the single most annoying issue about Daz prevent you from using it more often?

    It used to be Iray products becoming increasingly demanding was slowing down me trying to do more with Daz|Studio, but now that Filament has become a good option that's no longer a problem.

    By

    vrba79 vrba79 December 2024 in The Commons
  • Released : V3D FilaToon Converter, Manager and Tools (Commercial)

    Just play with the shadows settings in Filament Draw Options.

     

    By

    Artini Artini December 2024 in Daz PA Commercial Products
  • What's the single most annoying issue about Daz prevent you from using it more often?

    Alley Rat said:

    There are no real showstoppers for me, but as well-documented as the 3DS and DXF file formats are, it is odd that you cannot import or export those. I work a lot with vintage computer graphics programs on the Amiga, and it would be cool to be able to render that stuff with Iray or even Filament.

    there are plenty of other softwares that can convert them 

    By

    WendyLuvsCatz WendyLuvsCatz December 2024 in The Commons
  • What's the single most annoying issue about Daz prevent you from using it more often?

    There are no real showstoppers for me, but as well-documented as the 3DS and DXF file formats are, it is odd that you cannot import or export those. I work a lot with vintage computer graphics programs on the Amiga, and it would be cool to be able to render that stuff with Iray or even Filament.

    By

    Alley Rat Alley Rat December 2024 in The Commons
  • What's the single most annoying issue about Daz prevent you from using it more often?

    I'm running 4.22.1.123 beta for most of my needs, and I think it's about the best version of DS I've used. It's pretty stable (for DS). Filament seems a bit better than some earlier builds, Iray seems pretty snappy - I'm using DS more than before and liking the results better. Some of it is the pleasure of finally learning to navigate quickly through a scene. That's a huge help! I'll eventually get around to 4.23 or whatever, but I'm not messing with it now. I don't care about paywall features because they'll get sealed off when I let Premier lapse. I don't want to phone home every time I use the program. I'd rather not go through that door. YMMV.

    By

    Torquinox Torquinox December 2024 in The Commons
  • FilaToon / Cell shaded rendering with Filament

    3Diva said:

    The holidays have been busy, I'm sorry I haven't responded to everyone's comments! I do appreciate the kind words - you all put a big smile on my face!

    Here are a couple of more. I'm SO GLAD I was able to get 3D Universe's Grumpy Santa Christmas freebie! I'm a big fan of most things "toon" and really like his toon stuff, so when I saw he gave the community his santa as a Christmas gift I was ticked pink! He looks great with Filatoon added to him!

     

    This one is with the XI Dark Vampire Castle with Filatoon added to it. It's not very "holiday", and a bit late for it - it's more like a Halloween vibe. But I like how it turned out. I really like that we can render blooms in Filament rendering!

    These both look great @3Diva! Grumpy Santa done in a Christmas Gnome style is awesome ;)

    Seems like night scenes done using FilaToon aren't all that common - excellent work on this one. You've managed to keep loads of detail in there and the bloom on the windows really does make the image. Cheers!

    - Greg

    By

    algovincian algovincian December 2024 in The Commons
  • What's the single most annoying issue about Daz prevent you from using it more often?

    Valiska said:

    Richard Haseltine said:

    Valiska said:

    It's one of these three, but which bothered me most when I was trying to render in Studio, varied:

    1. Some of the fonts are too darned small on modern screens. The size is unfixable. Sometimes improperly low contrast is fixable, sometimes not.
    2. The preview render, which used to be excellent, has been broken and unfixed for about a decade. If I saw messy slop like that in Blender I'd have half my polygons flipped. It means I need to make too many full renders, to know how the scene I'm building is coming along.

    Which preview? I don't think texture Sahded or the other OpenGL views have changed - though not all GPUs give decent OpenGL support (Intel ones seem to have issues frequently, as they do with other applications).

    (I intended the previous post, and hence this, to go in the 'What's the single most annoying issue' thread where this part isn't off topic, but apparently I posted in the wrong place.)

    Moved it over

    Any shaded preview, or Filament, seems to display certain items with major artifacts ... I see, I think it's textures with transparency, which is why the errors tend to appear in hair, old clothing, leaves, and characters' eyes. They render correctly in Iray. They export with Diffeomorphic to display correctly in Blender's Cycles or Eevee.
    While this has been going on, I've had 3 different computers with Intel processors and different Nvidia GTX cards (and of course drivers).

    When I first got here, these items showed up correctly in Daz preview renders. If I hadn't arrived early enough to see that -- if my first purchases were in the late 2010s instead of the early 2010s -- I'd probably have blamed the models and Daz quality control, and given up on Daz quickly. I possibly would have hastily guessed flipped normals in the models. I'd have been wrong.

    Images: correct Iray render of Valkynne hair; incorrect texture shaded, Filament, and smooth shaded previews. (I hope these show up.)

    As you can see, the texture shaded preview is so broken up that it's really hard to guess what the render will look like.

     

     

    By

    Richard Haseltine Richard Haseltine December 2024 in The Commons
  • What's the single most annoying issue about Daz prevent you from using it more often?

    Richard Haseltine said:

    Valiska said:

    It's one of these three, but which bothered me most when I was trying to render in Studio, varied:

    1. Some of the fonts are too darned small on modern screens. The size is unfixable. Sometimes improperly low contrast is fixable, sometimes not.
    2. The preview render, which used to be excellent, has been broken and unfixed for about a decade. If I saw messy slop like that in Blender I'd have half my polygons flipped. It means I need to make too many full renders, to know how the scene I'm building is coming along.

    Which preview? I don't think texture Sahded or the other OpenGL views have changed - though not all GPUs give decent OpenGL support (Intel ones seem to have issues frequently, as they do with other applications).

    (I intended the previous post, and hence this, to go in the 'What's the single most annoying issue' thread where this part isn't off topic, but apparently I posted in the wrong place.)

    Any shaded preview, or Filament, seems to display certain items with major artifacts ... I see, I think it's textures with transparency, which is why the errors tend to appear in hair, old clothing, leaves, and characters' eyes. They render correctly in Iray. They export with Diffeomorphic to display correctly in Blender's Cycles or Eevee.
    While this has been going on, I've had 3 different computers with Intel processors and different Nvidia GTX cards (and of course drivers).

    When I first got here, these items showed up correctly in Daz preview renders. If I hadn't arrived early enough to see that -- if my first purchases were in the late 2010s instead of the early 2010s -- I'd probably have blamed the models and Daz quality control, and given up on Daz quickly. I possibly would have hastily guessed flipped normals in the models. I'd have been wrong.

    Images: correct Iray render of Valkynne hair; incorrect texture shaded, Filament, and smooth shaded previews. (I hope these show up.)

    As you can see, the texture shaded preview is so broken up that it's really hard to guess what the render will look like.

     

     

    By

    Valiska Valiska December 2024 in The Commons
  • Are there issues running DS in a Virtual Machine?

    It would be down to the available virtual RAM, virtual disk, and the virtual implementations available for your host's graphic card, I think. A virtual machine isn't supposed to allow direct access to the hosting environment's hardware or software, so you'd probably be limited to 3DL or Filament renders. I've not tried it personally though. I think others have mentioned trying it on Linux Wine but I don't remember their results and that's been quite a while back too.

    By

    nonesuch00 nonesuch00 December 2024 in Daz Studio Discussion
  • FILATOON - NEED HELP

    todoterreno666999 said:

    Hi guys.

    I need help with this.

    Meet my Filatoon character, Zack.

    I took his shirt off so you can see my issue.

    Now, I'm trying to render him with Filament (Viewport engine), but I can not manage te muscle outline effect on his body.

    Any ideas on how I can render body texture lines in Filament?

    Thanks in advance.

    To get that look you'll probably need to go in and paint those hand-drawn-looking details into the character's texture maps.

    By

    3Diva 3Diva December 2024 in The Commons
  • FilaToon / Cell shaded rendering with Filament

    The holidays have been busy, I'm sorry I haven't responded to everyone's comments! I do appreciate the kind words - you all put a big smile on my face!

    Here are a couple of more. I'm SO GLAD I was able to get 3D Universe's Grumpy Santa Christmas freebie! I'm a big fan of most things "toon" and really like his toon stuff, so when I saw he gave the community his santa as a Christmas gift I was ticked pink! He looks great with Filatoon added to him!

     

    This one is with the XI Dark Vampire Castle with Filatoon added to it. It's not very "holiday", and a bit late for it - it's more like a Halloween vibe. But I like how it turned out. I really like that we can render blooms in Filament rendering!

     

    By

    3Diva 3Diva December 2024 in The Commons
  • FILATOON - NEED HELP

    todoterreno666999 said:

    Hi guys.

    I need help with this.

    Meet my Filatoon character, Zack.

    I took his shirt off so you can see my issue.

    Now, I'm trying to render him with Filament (Viewport engine), but I can not manage te muscle outline effect on his body.

    Any ideas on how I can render body texture lines in Filament?

    Thanks in advance.

    Like Silent Winter said, look at the thread, but off hand you I think/guess you may need to make a Geoshell, copy the surface materials to it, then manually edit ALL the skin surfaces (regions I think they are called - you're basically going to pretend you are editing to make like like a mech android), dividing them out into subsurfaces with each subsuface set corresponding to the subsurface bounded by the set of dark lines. eg, you'd have two subsufaces for the pecs, two for the nipples, 6 for the abs, and so on.

    By

    nonesuch00 nonesuch00 December 2024 in The Commons
  • FILATOON - NEED HELP

    Hi guys.

    I need help with this.

    Meet my Filatoon character, Zack.

    I took his shirt off so you can see my issue.

    Now, I'm trying to render him with Filament (Viewport engine), but I can not manage te muscle outline effect on his body.

    Any ideas on how I can render body texture lines in Filament?

    Thanks in advance.

    By

    todoterreno666999 todoterreno666999 December 2024 in The Commons
  • 2024 Holiday Sales & PA Christmas Freebies Are Here!
    miladyderyni_173d399f47 said:

    Faeryl Womyn said:

    I thought Daz was done with Christmas freebies, but there's another one today.

    It is a nice throne, and has Iray along with Filament & Filatoon. Wonder what it would look like with wood shaders? One way to find out.  

    Thank you! I'm not sure how it will handle other shaders, as sadly I didn't have time to UV map it better. Hopefully, it's still useful to you. :)

    By

    3Diva 3Diva December 2024 in The Commons
  • FilaToon / Cell shaded rendering with Filament

    I've been doing some tests and the shadows are being rendered totally pixelated... Is there any fix to that?

    EDIT: kinda fixed... I was using some distant light and it was causing the pixelated shadow. Did some adjustment in the Filament Draw Options and it worked.

     

    By

    rokkr rokkr December 2024 in The Commons
  • 2024 Holiday Sales & PA Christmas Freebies Are Here!

    Faeryl Womyn said:

    I thought Daz was done with Christmas freebies, but there's another one today.

    It is a nice throne, and has Iray along with Filament & Filatoon. Wonder what it would look like with wood shaders? One way to find out.  

    By

    miladyderyni_173d399f47 miladyderyni_173d399f47 December 2024 in The Commons
  • Load times are absurdly long, Daz unusable

    Cinnatwist said:

    Thanks for the response.
    The metric butt-ton of content I have installed is concentrated on an additional SSD drive, connected to my PC with a USB-C input. There is some content installed in my C drive (OS drive), but that is a tiny amount. I'll note that the main change I've made in the past month is updating my OS to Win11, though the slowness has only occurred in the last few days. Maybe that? Again, I have no idea where to even start.
    Mesh smoothing is enabled, but it has never had this effect before.

    How is the performance after the characters have loaded. Is the interface sluggish? Can you easily rotate around the figures in texture / filament mode? Or is the program only slow to load the characters in the scene? The USB-C interface might be a bottleneck. I run my Daz Content off multiple M.2 SSD drives. The Daz application and content is on a separate M.2 from where I save my scene files. I also load some HDRI files from a second M.2 drive. Some people recommend having your OS and programs on separate drives.

    I will be building a new computer soon that will have many fast M.2 drives along with a faster processor and memory. I have had all the components for over a 18 months but been too lazy to assemble it. The new machine will have 192 GB RAM, 36-CORE CPU, and a built-in GPU. I am going to try and run two RTX 3090s and see if the shared 48 GB memory can be used. I know others have had issues with textures rendering incorrectly in Daz with two GPUs. We'll see...

    By

    JP JP December 2024 in Technical Help (nuts n bolts)
  • UltraScenery - new(er) territory [Commercial]

    And of course Filament and FilaToons do not work on Mac OS. Which is a major disappointment. I love having that on the Windows computers.

    By

    memcneil70 memcneil70 December 2024 in Daz PA Commercial Products
  • What's the single most annoying issue about Daz prevent you from using it more often?

    Masterstroke said:

    3) Better render technology. Iray is nice, but something faster and more realistic would be nicer.
    2) The absence of better cloths and hair simulations
        and nr:
    1) The absence of realistic joint bending and expressions technology for all characters.
        Including realistic muscle, bones and fat tissue simulation.
        (I just hate, to add tons of custom JCMs to characters to make a pose look more real.)
        I know, that is too much to ask for, but this is my honest answer to this question.

    Full implementation of Filament would give us a lot for 3, much the way eevie serves Blender. But no, not for DS.

    NR can be found in 3rd party solutions, though I find rendering oversize and downsampling helps a lot. It's what I usually do, anyway.

    Cloth and hair simulation is a big ask - Would require something new, I think. So would improved joint-bending. Sure, you already know that!

     

    By

    Torquinox Torquinox December 2024 in The Commons
Previous Next
Adding to Cart…

Daz 3D is part of Tafi

Connect

DAZ Productions, Inc.
7533 S Center View Ct #4664
West Jordan, UT 84084

HELP

Contact Us

Tutorials

Help Center

Sell Your 3D Content

Affiliate Program

Documentation Center

Open Source

Consent Preferences

JOIN DAZ

Memberships

Blog

About Us

Press

Careers

Bridges

Community

In the Studio

Gallery

Forum

DAZ STORE

Shop

Freebies

Published Artists

Licensing Agreement | Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | EULA

© 2026 Daz Productions Inc. All Rights Reserved.