• Daz 3D
  • Shop
  • 3D Software
    • Daz Studio Premier
    • Daz Studio
    • Install Manager
    • Exporters
    • Daz to Roblox
    • Daz to Maya
    • Daz to Blender
    • Daz to Unreal
    • Daz to Unity
    • Daz to 3ds Max
    • Daz to Cinema 4D
  • 3D Models
    • Genesis 9
    • Genesis 8.1
    • Free 3D Models
    • Game Ready
  • Community
    • Gallery
    • Forums
    • Blog
    • Press
    • Help
  • Memberships
    • Daz Premier
    • Daz Plus
    • Daz Base
    • Compare
  • AI Solutions
  • Download Studio
  • Menu
  • Daz 3D
  • Shop
  • 3d Software
    • Daz Studio Premier
    • Daz Studio
    • Install Manager
    • Exporters
    • Daz to Roblox
    • Daz to Maya
    • Daz to Blender
    • Daz to Unreal
    • Daz to Unity
    • Daz to 3ds Max
    • Daz to Cinema 4D
  • 3D Models
    • Genesis 9
    • Genesis 8.1
    • Free 3D Models
  • Community
    • Our Community
    • Gallery
    • Forums
    • Blog
    • Press
    • Help
  • Memberships
    • Daz Premier
    • Daz Plus
    • Daz Base
    • Compare
  • AI Solutions

Notifications

You currently have no notifications.

Loading...
Daz 3D Forums > Search
  • Skin extraction

    You can check Cayman Studios' ones. https://www.daz3d.com/legacy-uvs-for-genesis-8-victoria-4

    By

    Cris Palomino Cris Palomino May 2019 in Technical Help (nuts n bolts)
  • G8M Core Survey

    1. Edward

    2. Alexandra

    3. Victoria and Olympia

    5. Michael

    Currently, I'm using less and less pure figures and started to create my own characters out of different core shapes spiced with different other body morphs and skin textures I own.

    That's why I prioritise couples. They allow me a distinguished look and feel. (Wishlist: Mabel, Floyd, Mr Woo and Mrs Chow)

    By

    HighElf HighElf May 2019 in The Commons
  • DON'T MISS OUT! Problems

    It finally worked for me but OMG  Australian dollar is pathetic 

    IKR - it's working out for me when I'm getting paid from USD, but buying outside Oz ...Gah!

     

    1. Victoria 8 Base Victoria 8 Starter Bundle Victoria 8 Pro Bundle
    2. Olympia 8 Base Olympia 8 Starter Bundle Olympia 8 Pro Bundle
    3. Michael 8 Base Michael 8 Starter Bundle Michael 8 Pro Bundle
    4. Teen Josie 8 Base Teen Josie 8 Starter BundleTeen Josie 8 Pro Bundle
    5. Stephanie 8 Base Stephanie 8 Starter BundleStephanie 8 Pro Bundle
    6. Charlotte 8 Base Charlotte 8 Starter Bundle Charlotte 8 Pro Bundle
    7. Aiko 8 Base Aiko 8 Starter Bundle Aiko 8 Pro Bundle
    8. Ollie 8 Base Ollie 8 Starter Bundle Ollie 8 Pro Bundle

    Thanks for the links yes

    Not sure if I need Ollie8 pro ... but very tempting

    FWIW, Ollie has one of the coolest bundles in terms of clothes and poses, IMO, and I've had good fun using his head morph and Zackyr's mixed in with G3M characters after back conversion. Zackyr with Edward's skin makes a pretty good Ming the Merciless (Max Von Sydow version).

    I have purchased singly  8 of the items in the Ollie 8 Pro bundle... the way the sales go its possible to pick stuff up really cheap .. 

    By

    daveso daveso May 2019 in The Commons
  • DON'T MISS OUT! Problems

    It finally worked for me but OMG  Australian dollar is pathetic 

    IKR - it's working out for me when I'm getting paid from USD, but buying outside Oz ...Gah!

     

    1. Victoria 8 Base Victoria 8 Starter Bundle Victoria 8 Pro Bundle
    2. Olympia 8 Base Olympia 8 Starter Bundle Olympia 8 Pro Bundle
    3. Michael 8 Base Michael 8 Starter Bundle Michael 8 Pro Bundle
    4. Teen Josie 8 Base Teen Josie 8 Starter BundleTeen Josie 8 Pro Bundle
    5. Stephanie 8 Base Stephanie 8 Starter BundleStephanie 8 Pro Bundle
    6. Charlotte 8 Base Charlotte 8 Starter Bundle Charlotte 8 Pro Bundle
    7. Aiko 8 Base Aiko 8 Starter Bundle Aiko 8 Pro Bundle
    8. Ollie 8 Base Ollie 8 Starter Bundle Ollie 8 Pro Bundle

    Thanks for the links yes

    Not sure if I need Ollie8 pro ... but very tempting

    FWIW, Ollie has one of the coolest bundles in terms of clothes and poses, IMO, and I've had good fun using his head morph and Zackyr's mixed in with G3M characters after back conversion. Zackyr with Edward's skin makes a pretty good Ming the Merciless (Max Von Sydow version).

    By

    Odaa Odaa May 2019 in The Commons
  • YouTube help

    For Victoria 4 / Michael 4 and earlier content, I find Poser format (cr2, pp2, etc.) easier to deal with.  Most of that older stff is only Poser format, so that is generally seamless.

    For Genesis 1,2,+ rigged figures, I find duf easier than converting to the Poser companion files.

    For props, distinction doesn't matter as much.  I find it best to use something set up for the 3Delight render engine because there is less hassle with the shaders than for Iray.  Iray can till be used, but have to spend more time fixing shaders in my eperience.

    Others may have a different opinion.

    By

    Diomede Diomede May 2019 in Carrara Discussion
  • DON'T MISS OUT! Problems

    It finally worked for me but OMG  Australian dollar is pathetic 

    IKR - it's working out for me when I'm getting paid from USD, but buying outside Oz ...Gah!

     

    1. Victoria 8 Base Victoria 8 Starter Bundle Victoria 8 Pro Bundle
    2. Olympia 8 Base Olympia 8 Starter Bundle Olympia 8 Pro Bundle
    3. Michael 8 Base Michael 8 Starter Bundle Michael 8 Pro Bundle
    4. Teen Josie 8 Base Teen Josie 8 Starter BundleTeen Josie 8 Pro Bundle
    5. Stephanie 8 Base Stephanie 8 Starter BundleStephanie 8 Pro Bundle
    6. Charlotte 8 Base Charlotte 8 Starter Bundle Charlotte 8 Pro Bundle
    7. Aiko 8 Base Aiko 8 Starter Bundle Aiko 8 Pro Bundle
    8. Ollie 8 Base Ollie 8 Starter Bundle Ollie 8 Pro Bundle

    Thanks for the links yes

    Not sure if I need Ollie8 pro ... but very tempting

    By

    Silent Winter Silent Winter May 2019 in The Commons
  • Seeking M4 V4 pose, arms around knees

    I have been hunting through my runtime and cannot find a pose that I'm pretty sure I have.

    I need a shot of Michael 4 or Victoria 4 with their arms wrapped around their knees looking depressed. Something like the attached photo.

    Any suggestions?

    By

    mmitchell_houston mmitchell_houston May 2019 in The Commons
  • Material Map refuses to apply

    It's Lydia for Victoria 7

    https://www.daz3d.com/lydia-hd-for-victoria-7

    It's the Gen3 Female Genetalia that comes with the Pro Bundle and the Texture map is the one for Lydia

    By

    DDCreate DDCreate May 2019 in New Users
  • Superheroes Rebooted - Renders Assemble

    Hi guys!

    Does anyone know that which outfit can i use for this Peter Cotton textures?

    http://heromorph.com/hmdownload/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=73&zenid=4os2bg1npvmvjhpv1r64vh5430

    They're for Gen3 figures (V3/SP3/A3). It looks like they're a mix of second-skins for the figure herself and textures for bodysuits, probably those:

    • https://www.daz3d.com/victoria-3-0-ultra-catsuit
    • https://www.daz3d.com/stephanie-3-0-petite-ultra-catsuit
    • https://www.daz3d.com/aiko-3-0-ultra-catsuit

    Oh, thanks!
    I give it a try! :)

    By

    dark-BuB dark-BuB May 2019 in The Commons
  • 3D Comic Book Tips And Pictures

    @Griffin_Avid I used to collect a few issues here and there. The fantasy aspect I think is what I enjoyed the most. The huge creatures and supernatural stuff. So much fun.

    Red Nails is in the Book 1 compendium released by Dark Horse.  Great story. The character of Tolkemec has a unique and grisley appearance. The art is great in that story. I really like the sense of scale with these ancient structures. It's also got dinosaurs, living skeletons and all the cool stuff associated with Conan. It's a good story.

    I really like the John Buscema artwork. Probably my favourite from book 1 is 'Iron shadows in the moon'. But they are all good stories.

    @mmitchell_houston

    I am including the original renders out of Daz. The abs were part of the morph on the Michael 4 character. I think it was the Barbarian pack I used, which was obviously inspired by Conan itself.

    I actually never considered using the older generation models for comic design, however, this render came out alright. I might dig out the old Victoria 4 model and do some tests using these characters in a comic format. Surprising what you can discover when you are just trying out things.

    On a side note. How long does it usually take you guys to make a complete comic issue. It's already taken me over a month to make 1 and half pages, I'm thinking this may take some time to complete!

    I'm also including a test render trying to emulate the Boris Vallejo art style. Might be good for cover artwork.

    This render has a nice feel to it. Have you looked at Topaz Studio? It's a very cool set of filters designed to emulate painted effects.

    (Also, Michael 4 and Victoria 4 both still have a lot of life left in them, especially when you are working with non-photographic renders (i.e. black & white or painted effects). All of my comics work uses the older generation figures because Poser 11 has the geometric edge feature (Live Comic Book Preview) that I use for my linework.

    By

    mmitchell_houston mmitchell_houston May 2019 in Art Studio
  • DON'T MISS OUT! Problems
    1. Victoria 8 Base Victoria 8 Starter Bundle Victoria 8 Pro Bundle
    2. Olympia 8 Base Olympia 8 Starter Bundle Olympia 8 Pro Bundle
    3. Michael 8 Base Michael 8 Starter Bundle Michael 8 Pro Bundle
    4. Teen Josie 8 Base Teen Josie 8 Starter BundleTeen Josie 8 Pro Bundle
    5. Stephanie 8 Base Stephanie 8 Starter BundleStephanie 8 Pro Bundle
    6. Charlotte 8 Base Charlotte 8 Starter Bundle Charlotte 8 Pro Bundle
    7. Aiko 8 Base Aiko 8 Starter Bundle Aiko 8 Pro Bundle
    8. Ollie 8 Base Ollie 8 Starter Bundle Ollie 8 Pro Bundle

    By

    nonesuch00 nonesuch00 May 2019 in The Commons
  • Superheroes Rebooted - Renders Assemble

    Hi guys!

    Does anyone know that which outfit can i use for this Peter Cotton textures?

    http://heromorph.com/hmdownload/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=73&zenid=4os2bg1npvmvjhpv1r64vh5430

    They're for Gen3 figures (V3/SP3/A3). It looks like they're a mix of second-skins for the figure herself and textures for bodysuits, probably those:

    • https://www.daz3d.com/victoria-3-0-ultra-catsuit
    • https://www.daz3d.com/stephanie-3-0-petite-ultra-catsuit
    • https://www.daz3d.com/aiko-3-0-ultra-catsuit

    By

    Leana Leana May 2019 in The Commons
  • 2nd of nine lives Cat Girrrl render thread prrr

    I got a chance to check out Melody 2.0 a little bit - not much but enough to get a first impression. So far so good. :) The cool thing about it is that the head, ears, and tail are attachable, which means you can parent them onto ANY figure and ANY body! AWESOME!

    So I parented the Melody 2.0 head ears and tail to Genesis 8 Female. And then used Cayman Studios Victoria 4 Legacy UV for Genesis 8 Female to apply the Melody 2.0 textures to Genesis 8 Female. 

    I didn't have a whole lot of time to experiment with customizing it, but I think it has promise. Here's a couple of quicky renders with it the Melody 2.0 product + Legacy UV + Genesis 8 Female:

     

    And here's one with some HFS Ultimate Shapes added:

    She looks great, Diva - especially like the lighting you used in the last image!

    - Greg

    Thank you, Greg! I'm having a LOT of fun with creating some cat girls. heheh WHO KNEW! lol It's quite different than what I'm used to and I'm finding the experiments with it to be really fascinating and fun. I've always ever strived for A) pushing realism as far as I can go and B) pushing non-realism as far as I can go to the other side - but the cat girls are like one foot in both worlds, which is interesting imo. :)

    By

    3Diva 3Diva May 2019 in Art Studio
  • 3D Comic Book Tips And Pictures

    @Griffin_Avid I used to collect a few issues here and there. The fantasy aspect I think is what I enjoyed the most. The huge creatures and supernatural stuff. So much fun.

    Red Nails is in the Book 1 compendium released by Dark Horse.  Great story. The character of Tolkemec has a unique and grisley appearance. The art is great in that story. I really like the sense of scale with these ancient structures. It's also got dinosaurs, living skeletons and all the cool stuff associated with Conan. It's a good story.


    I really like the John Buscema artwork. Probably my favourite from book 1 is 'Iron shadows in the moon'. But they are all good stories.

     

    @mmitchell_houston

    I am including the original renders out of Daz. The abs were part of the morph on the Michael 4 character. I think it was the Barbarian pack I used, which was obviously inspired by Conan itself.

    I actually never considered using the older generation models for comic design, however, this render came out alright. I might dig out the old Victoria 4 model and do some tests using these characters in a comic format. Surprising what you can discover when you are just trying out things.

     

    On a side note. How long does it usually take you guys to make a complete comic issue. It's already taken me over a month to make 1 and half pages, I'm thinking this may take some time to complete!

     

    I'm also including a test render trying to emulate the Boris Vallejo art style. Might be good for cover artwork.

    By

    jepsonpeteCMT jepsonpeteCMT May 2019 in Art Studio
  • 2nd of nine lives Cat Girrrl render thread prrr

    I got a chance to check out Melody 2.0 a little bit - not much but enough to get a first impression. So far so good. :) The cool thing about it is that the head, ears, and tail are attachable, which means you can parent them onto ANY figure and ANY body! AWESOME!

    So I parented the Melody 2.0 head ears and tail to Genesis 8 Female. And then used Cayman Studios Victoria 4 Legacy UV for Genesis 8 Female to apply the Melody 2.0 textures to Genesis 8 Female. 

    I didn't have a whole lot of time to experiment with customizing it, but I think it has promise. Here's a couple of quicky renders with it the Melody 2.0 product + Legacy UV + Genesis 8 Female:

     

    And here's one with some HFS Ultimate Shapes added:

    She looks great, Diva - especially like the lighting you used in the last image!

    - Greg

    By

    algovincian algovincian May 2019 in Art Studio
  • How to Make a Clothes fit and work for Victoria 4?

    Victoria 4 is an independent figure released before the Genesis line, she’s the base figure not a shape for some other base. And she uses a different type of rigging than Genesis figures (she’s not weight mapped).

    To create clothes for V4 you need to model them around V4 base shape then use the figure setup tools (not the transfer utility which is for weight mapped figures) to rig them.

    By

    Leana Leana May 2019 in Technical Help (nuts n bolts)
  • How to Make a Clothes fit and work for Victoria 4?

    I make some mesh clothes for genesis 3 and 8. I have a Victoria 4 character that I would like to use in a render. How do I make a clothes work in Victory 4?

    To run on Victoria 8 I do work using Genesis 8, and for Victoria 4?

    If anyone can help me, thank you in advance.

    By

    Dryke Dryke May 2019 in Technical Help (nuts n bolts)
  • 2nd of nine lives Cat Girrrl render thread prrr

    @Divamakeup it's really interesting what you are doing with Melody 2.0! I'm going to watch out for her in the sales now smiley, along with the legacy UV products. 

    Thank you, Mollytabby! I'm having a lot of fun with her! :D Being able to use the head, ears, and tail with any body/figure that can use Victoria 4's textures is a real plus for this product, making it pretty versatile imo. :) One just needs to parent the Melody 2.0 head to the figure's head, parent the ears to the Melody head, and parent the tail to the figure's hip - then hide the figure's head, eyes, and mouth in the Scene Tab. 

    The only tricky part, so far, is the expressions. I'm used to working with Genesis 8 where you can change the expression super fast and easy with PowerPose, but with the Melody head you have manually move the different mouth, eyes, and brows sliders in the Parameters Tab to give her expressions. It took me ages to figure out how to get her eyes to look in a certain direction. I kept doing a search of the "eyes" sliders in the parameters tab, though they were not labelled "eyes" but instead are labelled "look". As in "look left" "look up" etc. lol Also all those expression sliders are labelled with dark gray text against a black background making them a little hard to read. All in all though, despite those minor things I wish were a little different, I'm super happy with the Melody 2.0 product and having a lot of fun with it. :)

    Thank you @Divamakeup, this is really useful information. I've saved it in my Notes app on my Mac ready for when I pick up Melody 2.0. I picked up Thistle in one the recent sales but I haven't done any renders with her yet.

    By

    Mollytabby Mollytabby May 2019 in Art Studio
  • 2nd of nine lives Cat Girrrl render thread prrr

    @Divamakeup it's really interesting what you are doing with Melody 2.0! I'm going to watch out for her in the sales now smiley, along with the legacy UV products. 

    Thank you, Mollytabby! I'm having a lot of fun with her! :D Being able to use the head, ears, and tail with any body/figure that can use Victoria 4's textures is a real plus for this product, making it pretty versatile imo. :) One just needs to parent the Melody 2.0 head to the figure's head, parent the ears to the Melody head, and parent the tail to the figure's hip - then hide the figure's head, eyes, and mouth in the Scene Tab. 

    The only tricky part, so far, is the expressions. I'm used to working with Genesis 8 where you can change the expression super fast and easy with PowerPose, but with the Melody head you have manually move the different mouth, eyes, and brows sliders in the Parameters Tab to give her expressions. It took me ages to figure out how to get her eyes to look in a certain direction. I kept doing a search of the "eyes" sliders in the parameters tab, though they were not labelled "eyes" but instead are labelled "look". As in "look left" "look up" etc. lol Also all those expression sliders are labelled with dark gray text against a black background making them a little hard to read. All in all though, despite those minor things I wish were a little different, I'm super happy with the Melody 2.0 product and having a lot of fun with it. :)

    By

    3Diva 3Diva May 2019 in Art Studio
  • VOTING THREAD - May the 4th Be With You Renders

    Entry # 4

    Title - Double Trouble

    Artist - Bunyip02

    4 items - Adriana Hair for Genesis 2 & 3 Females & Victoria 4

                  Adult Hatchling Dragon

                  Adventure Girl 2

                  African Elephant

    Comments (if any) - NPR

    By

    Bunyip02 Bunyip02 May 2019 in Carrara Discussion
Previous Next
Adding to Cart…

Daz 3D is part of Tafi

Connect

DAZ Productions, Inc.
7533 S Center View Ct #4664
West Jordan, UT 84084

HELP

Contact Us

Tutorials

Help Center

Sell Your 3D Content

Affiliate Program

Documentation Center

Open Source

Consent Preferences

JOIN DAZ

Memberships

Blog

About Us

Press

Careers

Bridges

Community

In the Studio

Gallery

Forum

DAZ STORE

Shop

Freebies

Published Artists

Licensing Agreement | Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | EULA

© 2026 Daz Productions Inc. All Rights Reserved.