• Daz 3D
  • Shop
  • 3D Software
    • Daz Studio Premier
    • Daz Studio
    • Install Manager
    • Exporters
    • Daz to Roblox
    • Daz to Maya
    • Daz to Blender
    • Daz to Unreal
    • Daz to Unity
    • Daz to 3ds Max
    • Daz to Cinema 4D
  • 3D Models
    • Genesis 9
    • Genesis 8.1
    • Free 3D Models
    • Game Ready
  • Community
    • Gallery
    • Forums
    • Blog
    • Press
    • Help
  • Memberships
    • Daz Premier
    • Daz Plus
    • Daz Base
    • Compare
  • AI Solutions
  • Download Studio
  • Menu
  • Daz 3D
  • Shop
  • 3d Software
    • Daz Studio Premier
    • Daz Studio
    • Install Manager
    • Exporters
    • Daz to Roblox
    • Daz to Maya
    • Daz to Blender
    • Daz to Unreal
    • Daz to Unity
    • Daz to 3ds Max
    • Daz to Cinema 4D
  • 3D Models
    • Genesis 9
    • Genesis 8.1
    • Free 3D Models
  • Community
    • Our Community
    • Gallery
    • Forums
    • Blog
    • Press
    • Help
  • Memberships
    • Daz Premier
    • Daz Plus
    • Daz Base
    • Compare
  • AI Solutions

Notifications

You currently have no notifications.

Loading...
Daz 3D Forums > Search
  • List of all Daz Original figures G1-G3
    Victoria 4 came before Genesis. Generation 4 is the main reason they skipped ahead to calling this generation "8" as far as I'm aware.

    By

    AlmightyQUEST AlmightyQUEST October 2019 in The Commons
  • DAZ 3D Human Figures - A History

    I continue to find this a confusing naming structure when seeking assets, clothing etc.

    When they refer to a "generation" of charactor it does not equate to one of the charactor sets like G2, G3 or G8.  From above a Generation 6 is for Genisis 2 not "Genisis 6" which does not exist and so on. Many times an asset description may say for Victoria 4 but not mention the genesis version at all and I have to either try to recall (not doing well on that! ) or revert to some seach to find out what charactor Victoria 4 belongs to which is NOT G4F which, again, does not exist.

    Why the ppl at DAZ did not name things to include both the "Generation" and the "Charator" for instance Victoria 4.2 to indicate Gen 4 for Genisis 2. Would make searching for clothing, hair etc. much easier to filter.

    By

    paul_ae567ab9 paul_ae567ab9 October 2019 in New Users
  • List of all Daz Original figures G1-G3

    Is there a simple list of charactor names with the Genisis version? Seems it would be in this sites FAQ section right?

    When looking for assets I find Daz naming structure to give no clue to the Genesis figure it was built upon.

    There are four sets now that I know of.

    • Genesis (1)
    • Genesis 2
    • Genesis 3
    • Genisis 8  ( skipped 4, 5,6,7 )

    It appears DAZ finally got the hint with "8" and name those charactors with the digit 8 in them but the rest have numbers in charactor names that do not relate to which set they belong.  Victoria 4 for instance...there are no Genisis 4 charactors. Why "4"

    Which belong together?

    ---------------------------------------------

    By

    paul_ae567ab9 paul_ae567ab9 October 2019 in The Commons
  • Comparing the New and Old Animation Timeline

    I had animated Daz characters (V3/M3 & V4/M4) for years in Poser because the animation tools in Daz were too difficult to use--even Graphmate and Keymate. I have only just now started to work with the new Timeline in Daz 4.12, and already it seems superior to Poser's in a number of ways (viewing multiple graphs at once, for instance), and could not have come along at a better time for me. I had just gone from Mac to Windows 10, and built my own rig which is 3x faster (and probably 3x cheaper than a new comparable Mac would have been), but it caused me to have to retool my animation pipeline, which had relied on now dead plugins for Poser (InterPoser Pro and PoserFusion to send to Cinema 4D, where I render). I purchased the iClone Pipeline on the recommendation of Wolf (thanks, Wolf!), and after a bit of a struggle figuring out how to fit all the pieces together for my workflow--and with the new Daz timeline--I think I can finally jettison Poser and animate in Daz and iClone instead. My first tests of the new tools look very promising: I have my own mocap system, which does a great job of capturing movement, but importing bvh files into Poser was always iffy (particularly the dreaded foot-sliding) and into Daz was worse, but motion files sent through the iClone/3DXchange pipeline come into Daz rock solid, and editing and adjusting the motions in the new Daz Timeline was a pleasure. There are stil a few quirks and worrisome gaps (I still intend to use the ancient Mimic Pro for lip sync, and export to Cinema 4D uses the possibly-defunct Riptide Pro), but so far so good. I attach an animation test (below) using my new workflow with an iClone motion retargeted to Victoria 4. I'm looking forward to further explore Daz Studio!

    https://youtu.be/ICEj4bZwDAo

    By

    Auroratrek Auroratrek October 2019 in The Commons
  • Looking for a stars and stripes bikini

    https://www.daz3d.com/fwsa-piper-hd-for-victoria-7-and-her-jewelry

    By

    Sevrin Sevrin October 2019 in The Commons
  • Looking for a stars and stripes bikini

    For Victoria 8.  I've been searching and found some good, form fitting bikinis but not the print I'm looking for.  The closest I found was this:

     

    V3's Bikini Funkini - Set 1

    but it requires the V3 bikini (which seems to no longer be available) and there's no guarantee it would fit the Victoria 8 model...any alternatives?

    Thanks!

    By

    comixfana comixfana October 2019 in The Commons
  • Remember, "There's Always Another Sale™" (Report sales errors here.)

    Woke up in the middle of the night, couldn’t sleep, so checked Daz sales page and OMG, looks sooo complicated, going back to sleep. Hope it makes sense in the morning. Right now my brain just can’t compute it all lol! 

    There's a considerable cognitive load involved in processing DAZ sales, and sometimes it's just overwhelming. I have days when I look at all the various offers and special conditions and interacting discounts and just go "I can't handle this right now. I'll come back to it later."

    That said, today's 42% discount on the Unflateable Pony if you own Victoria 8 and purchased Teen Raven on a Tuesday and have at least 3 PC+ items that begin with the letter 'R', plus either a new release or a unicorn in your cart is an absolute steal.

    Yup. Once your library is big enough, sometimes you just go... "Nope - not doing this today, no matter what the savings are..." 
    But today wasn't that day for me... nor was yesterday - and my wallet is screaming at me. 

     

    By

    donovancolbert donovancolbert October 2019 in The Commons
  • Diomede's Notepad, Sketchpad, and Chilling Pad

    .Review - Modeling with LittleFox Part 3 - Getting to Daz Studio 

    OK, my bad, this tutorial is clearly labeled, but I didn't think it through.  LittleFox shows how to create a detailed dress for Victoria 4.  Well, that figure was designed for the legacy Poser CR2 format, and its rigging system.  So, the tutorial is out of date for content for newer figures like the Teena dress I posted above.  Lady LittleFox remains well organized and explains things clearly and with humor.

    I'm still glad I went through the tutorial, and some of the lessons are useful, but the transfer utility has changed the basics or Studio figures like Genesis.  I still create some of my own figures for Carrara, which still can accept the legacy Poser CR2, so I can still use a lot of the lessons.  However, I think most people would prefer a more recent tutorial that focses on Genesis figures and Sudio's more recent rigging maps and brushes.

     

     

     

    By

    Diomede Diomede October 2019 in Art Studio
  • Remember, "There's Always Another Sale™" (Report sales errors here.)

    Woke up in the middle of the night, couldn’t sleep, so checked Daz sales page and OMG, looks sooo complicated, going back to sleep. Hope it makes sense in the morning. Right now my brain just can’t compute it all lol! 

    There's a considerable cognitive load involved in processing DAZ sales, and sometimes it's just overwhelming. I have days when I look at all the various offers and special conditions and interacting discounts and just go "I can't handle this right now. I'll come back to it later."

    That said, today's 42% discount on the Unflateable Pony if you own Victoria 8 and purchased Teen Raven on a Tuesday and have at least 3 PC+ items that begin with the letter 'R', plus either a new release or a unicorn in your cart is an absolute steal.

    By

    bytescapes bytescapes October 2019 in The Commons
  • [Released] RSSY Clothing Converter from Victoria 4 to Genesis 8 Female [Commercial]

    HI all,

    Just bought this product and i want to try and convert this one: https://www.daz3d.com/trinity-leather-jacket

    But when i wanna load files / whole directory from people/victoria4/trinity...... it doesnt find or load any files.

    Any idea on what wrong?

    Sounds like a metadata problem.  When you try to add files, what does the log say? 

    You can get around this problem by UNCHECKING "Check Content Type" and then using "Add Files" to add the files you want to convert.

    That's an Optitex dynamic product - see my comments on Page 10 of this thread: https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/304091/released-rssy-clothing-converter-from-victoria-4-to-genesis-8-female-commercial/p10

    Ah!  Thanks @MelanieL

    By

    RiverSoft Art RiverSoft Art October 2019 in Daz PA Commercial Products
  • Review System

    This:

    But apparently, the answer is we have zero faith in the Daz customer base. That is what this comes down to. Apparently Daz customers are just too stupid for a review system.

    Then this:

    New users jumping into this are going to be clueless. Daz has changed since 99% of you started using it. There is a lot more to this app than before. While many of you got to learn these new features as they were released (like dforce, then dforce hair, or Iray Dual Lobe), brand new users have to figure ALL of this stuff out. There is a lot of stuff on their plate, and they are expected to know what is what. Oh, and they are expected to know the difference between Victoria 4 and Genesis 8, or the previous 7 generations of Genesis. Oh wait, there is no Genesis 5-7. But there is Victoria 5-7? What is this? You are telling me that Genesis 8 can't just wear Victoria 5 shoes??? You are telling me these light I bought are not actually for Iray? I thought Iray was Daz? <.<

    Even though Daz itself is somewhat easy to use, there is still a long learning curve.

    These two fit together if you remove the problem being 'stupid customers' and instead use the fact that 3D is challenging and it would be many of those 'challenged' who would be leaving reviews.

    Reviews because auto-fit failed. Do you blame the software or blame the outfit?

    Reviews because the Deforce thing exploded. Do you blame your settings or the dress?

    Reviews because a figure has terrible skin. Do you blame the HDRI or light rig or the PA who made the character?

    Reviews because of a long render time. Do you blame the software/render settings/your machine or blame the product?

    All these issues get handled in a long thread where people can reply and address complaints and issues. If it's mostly a star system, how do you get to the reasons behind a star?

    -------------------------

    So far I see two even sides. For every PRO there's an equally powerful and compelling CON. I see how easy it is to list - all the hurdles and costs that Daz would have to overcome to implement a proper system.

    How much risk is involved of things going badly.

    What I haven't seen is anybody name a benefit for Daz using a rating system.

    Explain or show how it's costing sales NOT having one or, or explain/show how a rating system will increase sales.

    That would be real swaying power.

    By

    Griffin Avid Griffin Avid October 2019 in The Commons
  • Review System

    Daz 3d has never had a review system and I for one hope they never get one.   I have said this in other threads on this subject,  and I will say it again here.  Do you know that people get paid for writing reviews?  People say how good the Amazon review system is, for example, but I got totally fed up with the amount of emails I was getting from sellers at Amazon telling me that they had found my email on an Amazon best reviewers list,  and would I like free products in exchange for writing reviews.  I won't bother telliong you how I dealt with that but I certainly no longer get those sort of emails any more and Amazon seemed to have cleaned there act up a bit.

    I do actually accept free gifts from my main internet Grocery supplier in exchange for reviews,  but I only accept gifts that I will use, and I do give fair reviews, rather than give "nice" reviews just because I got a free product to review.

    Well...it is illegal to post reviews without disclosing you received the product for free. That's all that needs to be said about that.

    Daz is a niche software, which is in a market that is niche itself. A niche inside a niche. There are only so many people around, both PAs and customers. It is crazy to make any comparison between a niche site like Daz and the world's largest retailer. Amazon is a large target. Literally the largest target, so of course people selling on Amazon might be tempted to take any shortcut possible.

    Of course there are going to be bad reviews from people who don't know what they are doing. Most logically thinking people reading reviews are going to spot that very quickly. And besides, the products that are legit good are going to get more positive than negative reviews.

    But apparently, the answer is we have zero faith in the Daz customer base. That is what this comes down to. Apparently Daz customers are just too stupid for a review system. Because there is a chance that somebody might leave a bad review that could be unwarranted, we therefore must abandon all hope of using a review system. Logic! Somehow this terrible fate has not stopped many other stores from having a review system. Strange.

    That is a real shame.

    Novica's thread is nice, but she doesn't buy every product in the store, and some reviews can still leave questions.

    Lets take a moment to remember that the Daz forum search is terrible. If you expect customers to use the forums you must assume that every user is able to search them with alternative means. 100%.

    ATI's add on is fantastic, but only a scant few use it. Many people don't even know it exists. And there are people who might be using browsers that don't support it. Also, ATI's add on doesn't work on mobile, where a good many people are these days.

    New users jumping into this are going to be clueless. Daz has changed since 99% of you started using it. There is a lot more to this app than before. While many of you got to learn these new features as they were released (like dforce, then dforce hair, or Iray Dual Lobe), brand new users have to figure ALL of this stuff out. There is a lot of stuff on their plate, and they are expected to know what is what. Oh, and they are expected to know the difference between Victoria 4 and Genesis 8, or the previous 7 generations of Genesis. Oh wait, there is no Genesis 5-7. But there is Victoria 5-7? What is this? You are telling me that Genesis 8 can't just wear Victoria 5 shoes??? You are telling me these light I bought are not actually for Iray? I thought Iray was Daz? <.<

    Even though Daz itself is somewhat easy to use, there is still a long learning curve. This learning curve isn't just for the software, it is for the store too! Customers have to learn how to use this store as well as the software, because this store is...lets just say this store is "unique".

    So the answer is to just throw them at the wolves and hope they don't get burned out (or eaten). IMO, this is what is holding you back from becoming more than just a little niche. New users can be very easily intimidated by not just the software, but the store and the forums itself. I really wonder how many new users quit Daz Studio because they become frustrated trying to learn what to do. And again, not just the software, but this crazy store. A new user buying a product that they cannot figure out is not good for anybody.

    By

    outrider42 outrider42 October 2019 in The Commons
  • More Non-photorealisitic Renders (NPR II)

    Here's the update of my pin-up. I wound up playing around with the colors (a lot) and finally settled on this combo of red and a "dusty rose" color. Significant fixes to the hair (I also edited out her earring from the earlier one because I didn't think you could "read it" through all the hair). As before, this is Victoria 4 rendered in Poser Pro 11 and cleaned-up in Clip Studio Paint. Honestly, I spent WAY too long on this considering it's just a character sketch. I've got to add her to the illustration I'm working on and try to get it done in time.

    If anyone is interested in contrasting this to my earlier draft, I'd love to hear your thoughts.

    By

    mmitchell_houston mmitchell_houston October 2019 in Art Studio
  • [Released] RSSY Clothing Converter from Victoria 4 to Genesis 8 Female [Commercial]

    HI all,

    Just bought this product and i want to try and convert this one: https://www.daz3d.com/trinity-leather-jacket

    But when i wanna load files / whole directory from people/victoria4/trinity...... it doesnt find or load any files.

    Any idea on what wrong?

    Sounds like a metadata problem.  When you try to add files, what does the log say? 

    You can get around this problem by UNCHECKING "Check Content Type" and then using "Add Files" to add the files you want to convert.

    That's an Optitex dynamic product - see my comments on Page 10 of this thread: https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/304091/released-rssy-clothing-converter-from-victoria-4-to-genesis-8-female-commercial/p10

    By

    MelanieL MelanieL October 2019 in Daz PA Commercial Products
  • Celebrity Look-a-Likes for 3D figures Part 2

    https://www.daz3d.com/gallery/#images/867631/

    Any marilyn monroe models please?

    Not exactly a likeness but definitely inspired by her I think: https://www.daz3d.com/marion-for-victoria-8

     

    Mod edited to correct the quote

    By

    Pandro_renders_true Pandro_renders_true October 2019 in The Commons
  • Celebrity Look-a-Likes for 3D figures Part 2

    https://www.daz3d.com/gallery/#images/867631/

    "marilyn monroe models"

    The only one that I am aware of is SAV Marina for G2F from Rendo. Nothing more recent.

    There are three listed on my Celebrity Drectory, but the other two are for Victoria 4, and one of those is a freebie.

    http://www.beammeup.net/blog/3d-celebrities/poser-celebrities.php?keywords=marilyn+monroe&active=1

    Mod Edited to correct the quote

    By

    Pandro_renders_true Pandro_renders_true October 2019 in The Commons
  • Daz Studio 4.12 Pro, General Release! (*UPDATED*)

    Had to rollback to 4.10 as a few older Poser models seem to crash 4.12 upon trying to load them. In particular, the Rooster for Poser available at Rendo and a couple freebie outfits for Victoria 4. All the items that crashed 4.12 load just fine in 4.10.

    By

    cathan01_wwg1wga cathan01_wwg1wga October 2019 in Daz Studio Discussion
  • [Released] RSSY Hair Converter from Victoria 4 to Genesis 8 Female [Commercial]

    I can't read the whole thread to see if my questions have already been answered. Too hard on my eyes if I try.

    I am considering buy this, since it is on sale right now, and wondered if this works on hair fits. There are hairs that are made for the opposite sex or a different version model and over time there have been many fits for V4 (also A4 and M4 etc) and wondered about these fits and this converter? Also I saw a post where someone used it on V3 hairs and it worked...is this correct?

     

    It converts the older Generation 4  Victoria Hairs and coverts them to fit Genesis8 Females ,and puts them in your Smart Content  ,you will have to manually convert the texture files though ,it's a great product

     

    By

    carrie58 carrie58 October 2019 in Daz PA Commercial Products
  • Power Pose Question

    Never been a huge Power Pose user, but getting into it a bit more.  Recently upgraded to Studio 4.11.0.383 Pro X64.  My Power Pose tab does not look like the power pose tab I've seen in some YouTube videos.  Especially the head--it's missing all the expression controls--it still looks like the old PP tab.  I'm assuming there may be PowerPose templates that I have not downloaded at some point (since I never used PP before, I never cared).  Where do I get just the PowerPose templates for Victoria 8 (I think those may be what I am missing)?

    By

    Fragg1960 Fragg1960 October 2019 in The Commons
  • MimicMolly's Renders & WIPs

    A while back, someone was asking about the Martian Princess Base by Gareee. (And the Accessory Set.) I did this render with the base autofitted to G8F and the accessories parented because they got warped. I had to use a fabric shader with my own colors because I did not like how the original materials looked. As for the character, this is 100% Pretty3D's Pretty Base character, with the Kanade Hair, which actually looks like it's part of the outfit. I used Tara 2 HD's demon/evil skin with adjustments.

    By

    MimicMolly MimicMolly October 2019 in Art Studio
Previous Next
Adding to Cart…

Daz 3D is part of Tafi

Connect

DAZ Productions, Inc.
7533 S Center View Ct #4664
West Jordan, UT 84084

HELP

Contact Us

Tutorials

Help Center

Sell Your 3D Content

Affiliate Program

Documentation Center

Open Source

Consent Preferences

JOIN DAZ

Memberships

Blog

About Us

Press

Careers

Bridges

Community

In the Studio

Gallery

Forum

DAZ STORE

Shop

Freebies

Published Artists

Licensing Agreement | Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | EULA

© 2026 Daz Productions Inc. All Rights Reserved.