• Daz 3D
  • Shop
  • 3D Software
    • Daz Studio Premier
    • Daz Studio
    • Install Manager
    • Exporters
    • Daz to Roblox
    • Daz to Maya
    • Daz to Blender
    • Daz to Unreal
    • Daz to Unity
    • Daz to 3ds Max
    • Daz to Cinema 4D
  • 3D Models
    • Genesis 9
    • Genesis 8.1
    • Free 3D Models
    • Game Ready
  • Community
    • Gallery
    • Forums
    • Blog
    • Press
    • Help
  • Memberships
    • Daz Premier
    • Daz Plus
    • Daz Base
    • Compare
  • AI Solutions
  • Download Studio
  • Menu
  • Daz 3D
  • Shop
  • 3d Software
    • Daz Studio Premier
    • Daz Studio
    • Install Manager
    • Exporters
    • Daz to Roblox
    • Daz to Maya
    • Daz to Blender
    • Daz to Unreal
    • Daz to Unity
    • Daz to 3ds Max
    • Daz to Cinema 4D
  • 3D Models
    • Genesis 9
    • Genesis 8.1
    • Free 3D Models
  • Community
    • Our Community
    • Gallery
    • Forums
    • Blog
    • Press
    • Help
  • Memberships
    • Daz Premier
    • Daz Plus
    • Daz Base
    • Compare
  • AI Solutions

Notifications

You currently have no notifications.

Loading...
Daz 3D Forums > Search
  • Broken Daz "Survey Monkey" Business

    This survey failure is really annoying. 

    And it really irks me that question 7 (which if any would you be willing to pay for) forces you to check at least one item, even if you are not interested in paying extra for any of them.

    Aside from that, I didn't notice anybody mentioning the question about what subscription services people use. I think it let people choose between Amazon Prime, Costco/Sam's Club, Pandora/Other Streaming Music Service, and Netflix. My problem with it was it only lets you choose one. As if there's no chance that I have a Costco membership, Netflix, Amazon, and a music service at the same time. I think I ended up trying to pick my favorite out of my subscription services. And it really felt like trying to pick a favorite child.

    I'm another person who listed better documentation as the main improvement I'd like. But they definitely need Daz Connect and Daz Install Manager to work together. If I install something through DAZ Connect., it shouldn't be listed as available to install in DAZ Install Manager.

    I go back and forth with the "Platinum Club" membership, keeping it active more often than not. But I'm pretty sure the amount of money I'm saving doesn't match what it costs. Maybe it does. My biggest gripe with them is the free items are things I wouldn't pay for. They used to have free items like the stuff from Nightshift3d that I would have paid for if they weren't free. I think they just look at items that didn't sell and make them free items later.

    I wouldn't say I'm completely against a subscription model. But I already subscribe to a lot of things. I don't think I'm going to add another one. And if they try to charge a subscription fee for something that used to be free or possible to buy outright then I don't care how much better IRAY is than SuperFly, I'll reinstall Poser and never come back. Or at least it will take me years to come back like last time. I completely missed out on Genesis and Genesis 2 just because of refusing to go to DAZ for years. I went from Victoria 4 on DAZ Studio to Poser to Genesis 3 on DAZ Studio. I wouldn't mind an easy V4 to G8 conversion tool. Textures too, not just morphs. Easy.

    I think the survey results will be ignored except for the people who accidentally said the most important thing is the avatar that shows they are a monthly subscriber.

    @NylonGirl Daz Install Manager (DIM) has a Download Filter for Connect Installed. You can uncheck that so DIM does not show products that you have installed with Daz Connect in the Ready to Download tab. 

    By

    barbult barbult October 2019 in The Commons
  • Wear Them All or other Auto-Fitting Clone for Genesis 2 Male/Female?

    I am wondering if there is an auto-fitting clone for Genesis 2 Male/Female, where I could fit Victoria 4, Genesis 3, Stephanie 3, or any figure onto a Genesis 2 figure?

    I do know full well that there is no Wear Them All for Genesis 2 in the DAZ Shop.

    By

    EightiesIsEnough EightiesIsEnough October 2019 in Product Suggestions
  • Broken Daz "Survey Monkey" Business

    This survey failure is really annoying. 

    And it really irks me that question 7 (which if any would you be willing to pay for) forces you to check at least one item, even if you are not interested in paying extra for any of them.

    Aside from that, I didn't notice anybody mentioning the question about what subscription services people use. I think it let people choose between Amazon Prime, Costco/Sam's Club, Pandora/Other Streaming Music Service, and Netflix. My problem with it was it only lets you choose one. As if there's no chance that I have a Costco membership, Netflix, Amazon, and a music service at the same time. I think I ended up trying to pick my favorite out of my subscription services. And it really felt like trying to pick a favorite child.

    I'm another person who listed better documentation as the main improvement I'd like. But they definitely need Daz Connect and Daz Install Manager to work together. If I install something through DAZ Connect., it shouldn't be listed as available to install in DAZ Install Manager.

    I go back and forth with the "Platinum Club" membership, keeping it active more often than not. But I'm pretty sure the amount of money I'm saving doesn't match what it costs. Maybe it does. My biggest gripe with them is the free items are things I wouldn't pay for. They used to have free items like the stuff from Nightshift3d that I would have paid for if they weren't free. I think they just look at items that didn't sell and make them free items later.

    I wouldn't say I'm completely against a subscription model. But I already subscribe to a lot of things. I don't think I'm going to add another one. And if they try to charge a subscription fee for something that used to be free or possible to buy outright then I don't care how much better IRAY is than SuperFly, I'll reinstall Poser and never come back. Or at least it will take me years to come back like last time. I completely missed out on Genesis and Genesis 2 just because of refusing to go to DAZ for years. I went from Victoria 4 on DAZ Studio to Poser to Genesis 3 on DAZ Studio. I wouldn't mind an easy V4 to G8 conversion tool. Textures too, not just morphs. Easy.

    I think the survey results will be ignored except for the people who accidentally said the most important thing is the avatar that shows they are a monthly subscriber.

    By

    NylonGirl NylonGirl October 2019 in The Commons
  • Broken Daz "Survey Monkey" Business

     

     I'm already in PC club, but I have so much content that I don't know if I'll renew when the time comes.

    But that's an interesting question to explore.. if it's not content that would keep you interested, what would? 

    I still really enjoy PC+, but this may be an idea to keep people around who are no longer finding value in it. Daz studio already has the ability to distribute files with drm. Here's a crazy idea, but what if you expanded that to PC+,and offer a selection of premium products on a weekly / biweekly "Loan" basis. So for two weeks, I can use Victoria 8 and a few other items for free. I download her through Daz connect, create a few scenes and at the end of the 2 weeks another product come up, and victoria "expires." That will give exposure to lesser-known content, we get to experience products that we wouldn't otherwise use, and we may then end up liking it and buying it. You could also offer permanent "Loan" items- such as the old 1.99 items, that you can use as long as you are subscribed to PC+. Sometimes I may need a sheep for a scene, for example, and don't necessarily want to buy it, as it's a once-off render. It would be nice to have access to these items when I need them. 

    The biweekly loan idea would be neat, especially if it offer a discount during/after the loan period so that if you decided you liked it, you could go ahead and purchase it at a discount.
    That said, I'm not sure how feasible it would be since it would have to create a limited time access thing.

    Not to mention require the use of Daz Connect. I never tried to move from DIM to Connect, but many who did have reported ongoing issues here in the forums. Imagine "borrowing" content for two weeks, and not being able to use it due to technical difficulties with the Connect system.

    Dear God NO. Just no. I don't care if they gave access to their entire store for 2 full weeks with that...I am not touching connect for ANY reason. I would actually be more likely to quit Daz Studio all together if that happened, that's how strongly I feel about it.

    Anything like that would very easily slide on to a very slippery slope. Any subscription based plan could that. I think a sub would do great harm long term and open the door for a competitor to jump in.

    I got very bad vibes from that survey. Jack might say its just a survey, but somebody had to come up with the questions, so somebody in Daz is thinking about it. Otherwise those questions would not have been asked.

    Nothing should be locked behind a sub fee. Certainly not improved customer support, that is awful. We already can buy add on plugins for Studio today, answer own them. Like the new Face Transfer. There are also things like Measure Metrics and Decimate, and more. Now just imagine a plugin kept behind an active subscription. If you let the sub lax for any reason, you would lose those plugins and other features. How is that a good thing for any of us?

    This comes down to ownership of what you are paying for. Today customers get to keep what they purchase, which makes sense because this an asset store after all. These products are not consumables and should not ever be just a rental.

    The one and only thing I would possibly support would be a sub for training and such. But only for that, none of the other things should be there.

    Certainly Daz would like to be able to drive more recurring spending, any company would. But they have content for that, releasing every single day. If Daz wants to grow, I think they need to make a new push towards gaming. Not Morph3D, but right here in this store with improved interactive licenses, and some kind of model that is better prepped for gaming yet still compatible with current Genesis. It can be done. I'm seeing more and more people bring up Daz in different circles. Its painfully slow, but slowly Daz is starting to make traction in that industry. It is a huge market, always hungry for new content and the gaming industry is bigger than the movie and music industries...combined. Its well worth taking another stab at, it just needs to be done right. Unity and Unreal both have thriving asset stores, and the Daz store could be a part of that, either as a part of their stores or as a competitor here.

    By

    outrider42 outrider42 October 2019 in The Commons
  • Required package versions

    Those are characters for Victoria 4.

    It's possible to convert them if you are interested in using then on G3F or G8F but you'll need several tools for that, and quite a bit of work:

    • You can use the textures on G3F or G8F if you have Cayman Studios' Legacy UVs V4 product (the G3F version is at Rendo, the G8F one in the store here).
    • For the morphs you could convert them to G3F if you have GenX2 and its G2 and G3 add-ons. There's no G8 add-on as the creator sadly passed away a few years ago, but there's a character converter from G3F to G8F. You will need the required products though if you want to convert the morphs, otherwise you won't have the full character converted.

    Be aware that the characters won't have Iray materials, or even DS materials at all for Tazi and Okami. There used to be free 3DL materials for them available long ago, but I'm not sure they still are available somewhere. So you will need to adjust the materials.

    By

    Leana Leana October 2019 in New Users
  • Broken Daz "Survey Monkey" Business

    I was really happy to get the survey! The biggest thing for me, which I talked about a little in the last question, is how hard it is to recommend Daz Studio to other people. The fact that the software is free isn't really much of a selling point for folks in my circles; they really quickly see that the gap between what they would want to create and their content library budget seems insurmountable. Because of that, awareness of the software and community are pretty limited--some of them know about Poser because they remember it as an internet nostalgia thing, but not about Daz Studio or how far technology has advanced. 

    It would be awesome if PC+ users had the ability to give away a certain number of monthly codes for discounts or for the free items. 

    That would definitely be nice. Or a code that allowed them to choose one free Pro bundle (G3 or G8 to give a feel for the newer stuff) of their choice, that way they would have a little more range to play with things before devoting a bunch of money. Or a code that made said bundle cheaper, such as $25 or less.

    I know I didn't really do much with Daz until I got a hold of the Victoria 4 and Michael 4 morphs and creature creator bundles for around $20 total (there was some really nice sale going on at the time). Made for a nice entry point (for better or worse, considering that now I'm buying Gen 8 and Gen 3 stuff).

    Either way, something like that would give a cohesive theme for new users to try out, and then the usual freebies gives a bit more flexibility in terms of other options while they're still deciding if they want to dive deeper.
    * * *

    For me, though, the main thing I like about PC+ is the discounts and the coupon codes. I'm not interested in exclusivity, though.

    By

    SBibb SBibb October 2019 in The Commons
  • Broken Daz "Survey Monkey" Business

     

     I'm already in PC club, but I have so much content that I don't know if I'll renew when the time comes.

    But that's an interesting question to explore.. if it's not content that would keep you interested, what would? 

    I still really enjoy PC+, but this may be an idea to keep people around who are no longer finding value in it. Daz studio already has the ability to distribute files with drm. Here's a crazy idea, but what if you expanded that to PC+,and offer a selection of premium products on a weekly / biweekly "Loan" basis. So for two weeks, I can use Victoria 8 and a few other items for free. I download her through Daz connect, create a few scenes and at the end of the 2 weeks another product come up, and victoria "expires." That will give exposure to lesser-known content, we get to experience products that we wouldn't otherwise use, and we may then end up liking it and buying it. You could also offer permanent "Loan" items- such as the old 1.99 items, that you can use as long as you are subscribed to PC+. Sometimes I may need a sheep for a scene, for example, and don't necessarily want to buy it, as it's a once-off render. It would be nice to have access to these items when I need them. 

    The biweekly loan idea would be neat, especially if it offer a discount during/after the loan period so that if you decided you liked it, you could go ahead and purchase it at a discount.
    That said, I'm not sure how feasible it would be since it would have to create a limited time access thing.

    Not to mention require the use of Daz Connect. I never tried to move from DIM to Connect, but many who did have reported ongoing issues here in the forums. Imagine "borrowing" content for two weeks, and not being able to use it due to technical difficulties with the Connect system.

    The main issue has been scripts that handle a call to another  scripts or content files in a way that breaks with the nested isntall location - but that has always been avoidable. The other issue is old ExP stuff, where everything has to be in the same folder not split across one folder per product, but that isn't available through Connect anyway.

    By

    Richard Haseltine Richard Haseltine October 2019 in The Commons
  • Required package versions

    If a product requires Aiko 4 and I have Aiko 7 will that meet the requirement?  
    I'm guessing not but figured to ask.

    No. If a product requires Aiko 4 it means it has been made for Victoria 4, which is a totally different figure from G3F, the base for Aiko 7. Depending on what the product is there might be a way to use it on G3F, but out of the box it won't work.

    Is there a specific product you're interested in?

    By

    Leana Leana October 2019 in New Users
  • Broken Daz "Survey Monkey" Business

     

     I'm already in PC club, but I have so much content that I don't know if I'll renew when the time comes.

    But that's an interesting question to explore.. if it's not content that would keep you interested, what would? 

    I still really enjoy PC+, but this may be an idea to keep people around who are no longer finding value in it. Daz studio already has the ability to distribute files with drm. Here's a crazy idea, but what if you expanded that to PC+,and offer a selection of premium products on a weekly / biweekly "Loan" basis. So for two weeks, I can use Victoria 8 and a few other items for free. I download her through Daz connect, create a few scenes and at the end of the 2 weeks another product come up, and victoria "expires." That will give exposure to lesser-known content, we get to experience products that we wouldn't otherwise use, and we may then end up liking it and buying it. You could also offer permanent "Loan" items- such as the old 1.99 items, that you can use as long as you are subscribed to PC+. Sometimes I may need a sheep for a scene, for example, and don't necessarily want to buy it, as it's a once-off render. It would be nice to have access to these items when I need them. 

    The biweekly loan idea would be neat, especially if it offer a discount during/after the loan period so that if you decided you liked it, you could go ahead and purchase it at a discount.
    That said, I'm not sure how feasible it would be since it would have to create a limited time access thing.

    Not to mention require the use of Daz Connect. I never tried to move from DIM to Connect, but many who did have reported ongoing issues here in the forums. Imagine "borrowing" content for two weeks, and not being able to use it due to technical difficulties with the Connect system.

    By

    L'Adair L'Adair October 2019 in The Commons
  • Broken Daz "Survey Monkey" Business

     

     I'm already in PC club, but I have so much content that I don't know if I'll renew when the time comes.

    But that's an interesting question to explore.. if it's not content that would keep you interested, what would? 

    I still really enjoy PC+, but this may be an idea to keep people around who are no longer finding value in it. Daz studio already has the ability to distribute files with drm. Here's a crazy idea, but what if you expanded that to PC+,and offer a selection of premium products on a weekly / biweekly "Loan" basis. So for two weeks, I can use Victoria 8 and a few other items for free. I download her through Daz connect, create a few scenes and at the end of the 2 weeks another product come up, and victoria "expires." That will give exposure to lesser-known content, we get to experience products that we wouldn't otherwise use, and we may then end up liking it and buying it. You could also offer permanent "Loan" items- such as the old 1.99 items, that you can use as long as you are subscribed to PC+. Sometimes I may need a sheep for a scene, for example, and don't necessarily want to buy it, as it's a once-off render. It would be nice to have access to these items when I need them. 

    The biweekly loan idea would be neat, especially if it offer a discount during/after the loan period so that if you decided you liked it, you could go ahead and purchase it at a discount.
    That said, I'm not sure how feasible it would be since it would have to create a limited time access thing.

    By

    SBibb SBibb October 2019 in The Commons
  • Broken Daz "Survey Monkey" Business

     

     I'm already in PC club, but I have so much content that I don't know if I'll renew when the time comes.

    But that's an interesting question to explore.. if it's not content that would keep you interested, what would? 

    I still really enjoy PC+, but this may be an idea to keep people around who are no longer finding value in it. Daz studio already has the ability to distribute files with drm. Here's a crazy idea, but what if you expanded that to PC+,and offer a selection of premium products on a weekly / biweekly "Loan" basis. So for two weeks, I can use Victoria 8 and a few other items for free. I download her through Daz connect, create a few scenes and at the end of the 2 weeks another product come up, and victoria "expires." That will give exposure to lesser-known content, we get to experience products that we wouldn't otherwise use, and we may then end up liking it and buying it. You could also offer permanent "Loan" items- such as the old 1.99 items, that you can use as long as you are subscribed to PC+. Sometimes I may need a sheep for a scene, for example, and don't necessarily want to buy it, as it's a once-off render. It would be nice to have access to these items when I need them. 

    Those are some good ideas.

    By

    barbult barbult October 2019 in The Commons
  • Broken Daz "Survey Monkey" Business

     

     I'm already in PC club, but I have so much content that I don't know if I'll renew when the time comes.

    But that's an interesting question to explore.. if it's not content that would keep you interested, what would? 

    I still really enjoy PC+, but this may be an idea to keep people around who are no longer finding value in it. Daz studio already has the ability to distribute files with drm. Here's a crazy idea, but what if you expanded that to PC+,and offer a selection of premium products on a weekly / biweekly "Loan" basis. So for two weeks, I can use Victoria 8 and a few other items for free. I download her through Daz connect, create a few scenes and at the end of the 2 weeks another product come up, and victoria "expires." That will give exposure to lesser-known content, we get to experience products that we wouldn't otherwise use, and we may then end up liking it and buying it. You could also offer permanent "Loan" items- such as the old 1.99 items, that you can use as long as you are subscribed to PC+. Sometimes I may need a sheep for a scene, for example, and don't necessarily want to buy it, as it's a once-off render. It would be nice to have access to these items when I need them. 

    By

    BradCarsten BradCarsten October 2019 in The Commons
  • Feathered female

    These are for V4 and I don't know how well they convert.

    https://www.daz3d.com/creatura-the-harpy-for-victoria-4

    https://www.daz3d.com/the-lilithai-strigoia-accessories

    By

    pwiecek pwiecek October 2019 in Product Suggestions
  • Converting to G1, G2, G3, G8 & G9

    This is the best thread I have ever seen in these forums.  Thanks for GiGi_7 putting all of this together.

    Thanks!!

    Victoria 3 UV map is similar to Michael 3, Hiro 3, David 3 and Freak 3 (note: Freak navel is above the G3F figure navel).
    Then Legacy UVs for Genesis 3: Special Edition - Victoria 3 can handle them.

     

    G3F Male morph with Michael 3 maps

     

    Wow! i didn't know it. Pretty good news. I wil add it in the google.sites pages

     

    I own 2 Legacy UV converters by CaymanStudios from rendo (if it's ok to say that here)


    Genesis 2 Female skins converted to Genesis 3 Female
    https://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/legacy-uvs-for-genesis-3-g2f/113284/
    V4 skins converted to G3F
    https://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/legacy-uvs-for-genesis-3-v4/113767/

    Sorry if these have already been posted. Try to recap all the info.

    By

    sapat sapat October 2019 in The Commons
  • Novica & Forum Members Tips & Product Reviews Pt 12

    Must be 5 years total time paid membership but not necessarily continuous. I've had this current DAZ account since 2009 and been PC+ member on & off that whole time but until 2016 I hardly bought anything or even downloaded the weekly freebies.

    Going to tell on myself here I've had my account since they changed from Zygote to DAZ

    I bought some stuff back when it was Zygote & then DAZ but not for long, maybe a year I messed with it. I remember buying the 1st Victoria & the 1st Michael and a a couple of the toonimals if you remember those. It was too expensive & I was actually very busy at a real job then too so I found other hobbies that required less learning (but more money - weekend excursions by plane or train are not cheap although most of the weekend trips i took weren't more expensive than a shopping excursion in the early Zygote/DAZ 3D store).

    @Novica - my current PC+ membership was only for 3 months and expires this 22 Oct 2019 so Jul 22 - Oct 22 2019. I'm confident of the 10 years since I created this DAZ account less than half of it's been as a PC+ member.

    By

    nonesuch00 nonesuch00 October 2019 in Art Studio
  • Who is the gal in the promo pic of Edwardian hair?

    This is Andrea Skin with her painted eyebrows.  Nikolina face morph plus some DAZ Head Morphs to modify the shape of the jaw and the roundness of the face.  She is wearing Sugar and Spike dforce dress (without the spikes).  Jewels are MRL Crystal Collection for Victoria 4 re-textured with Royal Jewels Universal Shaders included with the product.

    By

    Virtual_World Virtual_World October 2019 in The Commons
  • Looking for a pale female Genesis 8 texture, asking for suggestions.

    https://www.daz3d.com/neiva-hd-for-victoria-8

    She comes with a "Snow Fairy" skin that is very pale.

    LOL I have her too but forgot about it.

    By

    Malandar Malandar October 2019 in The Commons
  • Looking for a pale female Genesis 8 texture, asking for suggestions.

    Thank you all for the suggestions, I bought 

    https://www.daz3d.com/maria-for-victoria-8

    here just a while ago, and later on I will probably buy a few others to try them out as well.

    If anyone else has any suggestions I would take them as well, as I can never have too many very pale textures, because i do a LOT of elf renders when I am rendering.

    Virtual_Worlds I think has a knack for doing typical people but not so not so typical in the DAZ Store. 

    I bought Maria today. Her pale skin is not your typical 'white girl'. Add some ears and she'd probably make a great elf.

    She looks very pale, paler than usual, but then we're not used to seeing models that pale in the DAZ Store. Also, it's unusual for a person that pale to have no hint of ruddiness to their skin at all. When one considers how translucent her skin has to be to be that pale you then expect to see a flush of blood in places along with marbled white fat and skin tissues making up the complexion's colors. Snowflake for Aiko 7 has more ruddiness. I've been that pale myself before (when younger) but typically early in the morning when my skin is less flush with blood.

    By

    nonesuch00 nonesuch00 October 2019 in The Commons
  • Looking for a pale female Genesis 8 texture, asking for suggestions.

    This skin is on sale in the PC+ For a Day sale today: https://www.daz3d.com/victoria-7-merchant-resource-pale-skin

    It's for Victoria 7 (Genesis 3), and I don't know if you'd need her UV to get it to work, but it might be worth a look if the one you picked up isn't what you hoped for.

    By

    SBibb SBibb October 2019 in The Commons
  • Looking for a pale female Genesis 8 texture, asking for suggestions.

    Thank you all for the suggestions, I bought 

    https://www.daz3d.com/maria-for-victoria-8

    here just a while ago, and later on I will probably buy a few others to try them out as well.

    If anyone else has any suggestions I would take them as well, as I can never have too many very pale textures, because i do a LOT of elf renders when I am rendering.

    Virtual_Worlds I think has a knack for doing typical people but not so not so typical in the DAZ Store. 

    I bought Maria today. Her pale skin is not your typical 'white girl'. Add some ears and she'd probably make a great elf.

    By

    sapat sapat October 2019 in The Commons
Previous Next
Adding to Cart…

Daz 3D is part of Tafi

Connect

DAZ Productions, Inc.
7533 S Center View Ct #4664
West Jordan, UT 84084

HELP

Contact Us

Tutorials

Help Center

Sell Your 3D Content

Affiliate Program

Documentation Center

Open Source

Consent Preferences

JOIN DAZ

Memberships

Blog

About Us

Press

Careers

Bridges

Community

In the Studio

Gallery

Forum

DAZ STORE

Shop

Freebies

Published Artists

Licensing Agreement | Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | EULA

© 2026 Daz Productions Inc. All Rights Reserved.