-
Skeleton figures
Using the clothing fit technique for Victoria 4 to Gen 8 will allow you to "fit" the Victoria 4 Skeleton to Genesis 8, it is a complete skeleton and will move with your Gen character, works rather well. Since it is actually acting as if it is clothing, it will also accept and pose with any Gen 8 pose you might want to use.
P.S. comes with 2 or 3 different textures, one clean, one dirty, and one 'meaty'. (not sure on the meaty one, might have come from elsewhere.)
MimicMolly's Renders & WIPsThis is another test render I did. It's just Victoria 8 at 100% with Osiune(?) textures and eyebrows, and Voss Hair.

I had to re-save this as .JPG because the .PNG was too big for the forums. Anyway, I really don't see how her shape is ugly as people claim it is. It's the skin that's not doing her any justice. But then, that's the problem with many of these "base figures". Yes, this has the HD too, which was PC+ for the day, just like the Addison Hair.
Anyone know which character this is?I'm pretty sure if she was an actual character for sale, there wouldn't be many forum questions asking about her, because people would find her easily themselves. I think there was some G3F promo girl by this artist, but everyone liked Victoria 7 much more and I don't remeber many questions regarding that one.
Anyone know which character this is?I'm a bit fascinated by the fascination for this character. She's not substantively different from 50% Victoria 8 - 50% G8F in my eyes. Pretty, but not that stand out from the crowd.
Sometimes it is just some sort of Je Ne Sais Quoi. I've often looked at some new model that was supposed to be the very definition of beauty and thought, "Meh. <shrug>". And other times a figure that I thought most would consider as odd, or plain, or simply not appealing, has stuck something in me that I can't define, but I like it more than most. This figure just has that certain something that appeals to a very wide audience. I think I find her more "striking" than anything else, but I do like her A LOT. I, too, find it interesting that SO MANY people are stricken by her and feel compelled to find out more.
You know you've got too much stuff when...when you get a coupon because you own all the product in the sale category

Thanks Daz it help me get the Isla Bikini Bundle

Not in the sale category; just all the base figures (V4-V8). I own them all simply because they were all free on Victoria's birthday a while back.
,,..that's how I ended up with V8 and still haven't worked with it. as I can't afford all the other resource content required to make her very useful.
Anyone know which character this is?I'm a bit fascinated by the fascination for this character. She's not substantively different from 50% Victoria 8 - 50% G8F in my eyes. Pretty, but not that stand out from the crowd.
Genesis and MorphsI am getting the impression that Genesis is the main human figure in Daz3d and if you want a different body shape (like short and chubby) you would use a morph. Am I right?That's correct.
Are there any other human figures that Daz3d sells?Yes: Victoria 4, Michael 4, The Freak 4, The Kids 4, Aiko 4, Aiko 3, and possibly some even older ones.
All of these predate Genesis.
Can someone tell me what the latest version of Genesis is and where I can find it?The latest version is Genesis 8.
All Genesis models (Genesis, Genesis 2, Genesis 3, and Genesis 8) come for free with the DAZ base program.
Remember, "There's Always Another Sale™" (Report sales errors here.)@Wanderer, I think you should put in a trouble ticket and explain the issue. Customer Service is really good. I'm pretty sure they can add Victoria 8 to your account manually.
Getting it fixed this late in the day would undoubtedly cause problems with the daily changover about 15 minutes away.
Remember, "There's Always Another Sale™" (Report sales errors here.)I've put a still new and a Victoria from the link and the Victoria shows free. It could be the item you've selected is having a problem or it could be you need to relog, clear cache, hard refresh and/or try another browser.
I verified the PC+ Victorian Iron Conservatory isn't triggering the discount on Victoria 8.
Confusion over Figures, Models, Genesis 1-2-3 to 8, Victoria models and so onJust to add my 2 cents and attempt to square away any confusion over the whole Model, Figure and Character thing. It can be confusing to the uninitiated because the lack of enforcement in the use of technical terms is rather rampant within the 3D community. A lot of it becomes jargon. Here is my unofficial take on things: a model is any 3D representation of a real world object, be it animal, mineral or vegetable. You can have a 3D tree, a 3D boulder or a 3D horse - they are all Models. Some people might use the term Figure synonomously with Model, but I find it less confusing to confine that to the rather special case of human 3D models. A Character is then a specific variation of a given Figure.
Genesis 8 Female (G8F) is a Figure. There are many Characters available in the store that are based directly on the Genesis 8 Female base Figure, produced by either DAZ3D themselves or one of their brokered artists. For example, Bellerose HD is a character by Mousso based on Genesis 8 Female. Characters produced by DAZ3D for G8F tend to be assigned a number as well as a name, for example Victoria 8 is really just a character morph of G8F just as Bellerose is. (Note that this is unlike Victoria 4, which was a Figure rather than just a Character. V4 was so popular for so long that the Victoria name was carried forward to the Genesis lineup of Figures, although she became a Character rather than a Figure from Genesis 1 onwards)
It is worth noting that some characters can themselves be variations of other characters which are based upon a given figure, which can result in some confusion. For example, there are many characters that are character morphs of Victoria 8, who in turn is a character morph of G8F. An example is FWSA Elizabeth HD for Victoria 8. To accurately recreate that character requires having both G8F and Victoria 8 in your content library. Such "characters based upon characters" tend to be confined to characters based upon one of the DAZ3D numbered characters.
Remember, "There's Always Another Sale™" (Report sales errors here.)Okay, guess I've missed it. I don't know how to make a screen shot of the cart that goes off the page. And I don't feel like doing it seperated and stitching it together.
It's https://www.daz3d.com/victorian-iron-conservatory and her https://www.daz3d.com/victoria-8. I'm dropping her off, but someone else reported the same issue in another thread I started in nuts and bolts/tech support here: https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/362096/do-i-need-to-open-a-support-ticket-for-problems-with-prices-in-cart#latest.
I'm not missing the other prices just to get her. She'll eventually be free again.
Remember, "There's Always Another Sale™" (Report sales errors here.)I've put a still new and a Victoria from the link and the Victoria shows free. It could be the item you've selected is having a problem or it could be you need to relog, clear cache, hard refresh and/or try another browser.
You know you've got too much stuff when...when you get a coupon because you own all the product in the sale category

Thanks Daz it help me get the Isla Bikini Bundle

Not in the sale category; just all the base figures (V4-V8). I own them all simply because they were all free on Victoria's birthday a while back.
I usually try to buy the pro bundles sets for victoria
Remember, "There's Always Another Sale™" (Report sales errors here.)Yes, the 20% off a GC with no strings attached was a very nice thank you for owning all Victoria's. Daz is trying to win my wallet back and is succeeding I think. Just when I thought I was free.
You know you've got too much stuff when...when you get a coupon because you own all the product in the sale category

Thanks Daz it help me get the Isla Bikini Bundle

Not in the sale category; just all the base figures (V4-V8). I own them all simply because they were all free on Victoria's birthday a while back.
Remember, "There's Always Another Sale™" (Report sales errors here.)Changing the subject to something happier, if you got this message from Daz: "Our records show that you already own all of the Victoria items we are offering for free with today's offer. We want to make sure you're not left out, and that you know how appreciative we are.Just use the coupon code below to get an EXTRA 20% OFF your entire order!" note that it works on gift cards, too.
Hmmm...interesting, I own those Victoria items, but did not get the message when I placed some orders today...oh well....maybe next time
Check the Exclusive Offers under Messages in your account page...
Genesis 8 in CarraraIt seems to me that the quality of the artist outweighs the quality of the weightmapping, especially when the weightmapping improvements are subtle.
True dat! With sincere admiration, I must say that you have proven many times over that you can make a more impactful image, with no postwork, using Victoria 3 than I can make with the most advanced figures and all the postwork I can muster. Still, for things like elbows, it is undeniable that each Daz figure has improved upon the previous. Look closely at the middle bend and see how the corner retains its shape better than the other two. Won't outweigh the skill of the artist, but it is there.
Remember, "There's Always Another Sale™" (Report sales errors here.)Changing the subject to something happier, if you got this message from Daz: "Our records show that you already own all of the Victoria items we are offering for free with today's offer. We want to make sure you're not left out, and that you know how appreciative we are.Just use the coupon code below to get an EXTRA 20% OFF your entire order!" note that it works on gift cards, too.
Hmmm...interesting, I own those Victoria items, but did not get the message when I placed some orders today...oh well....maybe next time
Remember, "There's Always Another Sale™" (Report sales errors here.)Changing the subject to something happier, if you got this message from Daz: "Our records show that you already own all of the Victoria items we are offering for free with today's offer. We want to make sure you're not left out, and that you know how appreciative we are.Just use the coupon code below to get an EXTRA 20% OFF your entire order!" note that it works on gift cards, too.
Great catch! I went from spending less than $3 USD today to getting a GC with a significant amount more lol.
Remember, "There's Always Another Sale™" (Report sales errors here.)Changing the subject to something happier, if you got this message from Daz: "Our records show that you already own all of the Victoria items we are offering for free with today's offer. We want to make sure you're not left out, and that you know how appreciative we are.Just use the coupon code below to get an EXTRA 20% OFF your entire order!" note that it works on gift cards, too.
Does it work more than once?
















