-
What do you wish was more popular?
For me the answer is easy. Today I could of got 1 free Victoria base character of any generation but since I had them all I generously got to choose from any Genesis 2, Genesis 3, or Genesis 8 base character.
OK, now it's more difficult. I don't want to waste a free base character choice on a base character whose Pro Bundle has enough good things in it that I'll be buying the Pro Bundle 1st chance I get. So that criteria eliminates Mei Lin 8, Lee 8, Mabel 8, Floyd 8 and would have eliminated others but apparently those Genesis 8 Pro Bundles are considered too recent to be freebies. That left characters that are good standalone but Pro Bundles are sort of lacking: Nix 8, Alexandra 8, Edward 8 and so on. Nix 8 was gone because DAZ Pro Bundles and young characters are pretty common place even if young male pro bundles aren't exactly common at DAZ 3D they are common enough. That left Edward 8 & Alexander 8 so Edward 8 as a clear attempt to do clearly mundane and boring middle aged characters, a rarity, it was. I don't count past 'Warrior' rough around the edges DAZ characters like Ivan 7 and so on as the tough guy aspect trumped the middle aged aspect.
So I guess I want, based on the criteria I whittled those choices down to Edward 8, what was in those pro bundles that caused me not to choose those base characters was more classic hair styles and more classically ethnic clothing styles. Ethnic does not necessarily mean non-white, there are many European ethnic styles of clothing, but definitely more classic ethnic clothing is wanted. I was going to buy Marvelous Designer this fall until I found out my computer wouldn't do it. I like Oskarsson's library although I consider that more American traditional clothing than older European styles.
Limited Time Freebies Discussion ThreadAnyone have suggestions on which Genesis base character I should get for free? I hardly have any of them. I know that is highly subjective, but who is your absolute favorite?
I am looking for suggestions as well, mostly for G3. Leaning toward either a male or 1 of the more mature female bases. (No interest in Girl/Guy or the fairy-type bases.) I am also considering Lilith 6. Mostly I do fantasy, SF, & superhero.
I already own these G3s: Arabella 7, Bethany 7, Karen 7, Kalea 7, Monique 7, Rune 7, Sunny 7, Teen Josie 7, Tween Julie 7, Victoria 7, Kenji 7, Kimo 7, Leo 7, & Michael 7
Edward 8 renderingI got the Edward 8 today as a freebie because I had all the Victoria characters. However, when I try to test render using the Ultra Genesis Lighting Rigs Edward 8 has a triangle where the anatomical elements are joined to the center of the hips and that triangle area is glowing bright red like it is an emissive light. The parts of the anatomical elements that aren't joined to the center of the hips look normal when rendering. Also the rest of Edward 8 looks normal when rendering.This is using the default IRay materials out of the box, no adjustments so it is a product defect.
How to fix that?
Purple Bar Screening Process needs a little workDon't get me wrong, I think the concept of the Purple Bar offers for people who already have all or most of the featured promo items is a great idea, and the fact that DAZ can do that shows that they're suinsg some process to look at our buying history, but lately I've been getting a lot of PBOs that make it clear that there was no analysis done on the items being offered as a substitute. Last week it was being offered 80% off theStaff Picks bundle, even though I already had all of them, so that coupon was pretty useless. Today it's being offered a free base character since I already have all of the Victorias offered in the promotion... the problem being that I already own every DAZ base character back to the Victoria One generation. Given that this is more likely to happen as the size of your collection grows, I would think that something that can't be duplicated, like a discount coupon, would make more sense as a substitute offer.... or am I the only one this keeps happening to?
Ditto!
Limited Time Freebies Discussion ThreadCool! So let me check the Victoria front, I guess I have someone waiting for me there.Purple Bar Screening Process needs a little workDon't get me wrong, I think the concept of the Purple Bar offers for people who already have all or most of the featured promo items is a great idea, and the fact that DAZ can do that shows that they're suinsg some process to look at our buying history, but lately I've been getting a lot of PBOs that make it clear that there was no analysis done on the items being offered as a substitute. Last week it was being offered 80% off theStaff Picks bundle, even though I already had all of them, so that coupon was pretty useless. Today it's being offered a free base character since I already have all of the Victorias offered in the promotion... the problem being that I already own every DAZ base character back to the Victoria One generation. Given that this is more likely to happen as the size of your collection grows, I would think that something that can't be duplicated, like a discount coupon, would make more sense as a substitute offer.... or am I the only one this keeps happening to?
Limited Time Freebies Discussion ThreadOkay, I evidently don't qualify for this sale freebie.....maybe I have too many of the bases. Which is no problem because I have made some incredible deals recently my last purchase was $980 worth of stuff for $68.20! Thank you DAZ!!
I think it is only if you already own all the victorias which are free today, you get the banner coupon for a free base character.
Here is the actual text:
TODAY ONLY:
Because you own all the Victoria 5, 6, 7 & 8 Base Characters we we want to offer you ONE FREE* Select Gensis 2, Genesis 3, or Genesis 8 Base Character.Report sales errors here. "There's Always Another Sale™"I got a chuckle out of the purple banner this morning. It basically said that because I already own all of the Genesis 2,3,8 base characters here's a coupon for one free. Huh? Why would I even need that? Thanks anyway though :)
You got the coupon because you have the Victoria base characters. You can choose any other.
Yea, I was confused by that one too, until I read it correctly.
Report sales errors here. "There's Always Another Sale™"I got a chuckle out of the purple banner this morning. It basically said that because I already own all of the Genesis 2,3,8 base characters here's a coupon for one free. Huh? Why would I even need that? Thanks anyway though :)
You got the coupon because you have the Victoria base characters. You can choose any other.
But maybe he/she is like me and not seeing them because he/she also already owns all the other characters.
Yes, I already own all of the base figures thus I received the coupon. I thought the wording was funny because if there was a base figure that you didn't already own then you should have not received the coupon in the first place. In other words, they are offering you a free "select" base figure to people who already have purchased ALL base figures.
Report sales errors here. "There's Always Another Sale™"I got a chuckle out of the purple banner this morning. It basically said that because I already own all of the Genesis 2,3,8 base characters here's a coupon for one free. Huh? Why would I even need that? Thanks anyway though :)
You got the coupon because you have the Victoria base characters. You can choose any other.
But maybe he/she is like me and not seeing them because he/she also already owns all the other characters.
I know. Same here. Still, it doesn't offer the same characters that it says you already own. It offers others, that you might already own, too. :D
Report sales errors here. "There's Always Another Sale™"I got a chuckle out of the purple banner this morning. It basically said that because I already own all of the Genesis 2,3,8 base characters here's a coupon for one free. Huh? Why would I even need that? Thanks anyway though :)
You got the coupon because you have the Victoria base characters. You can choose any other.
But maybe he/she is like me and not seeing them because he/she also already owns all the other characters.
Report sales errors here. "There's Always Another Sale™"I got a chuckle out of the purple banner this morning. It basically said that because I already own all of the Genesis 2,3,8 base characters here's a coupon for one free. Huh? Why would I even need that? Thanks anyway though :)
You got the coupon because you have the Victoria base characters. You can choose any other.
Report sales errors here. "There's Always Another Sale™"CyberMonday-Blues. Get a free Victoria Base-Character. Well, own them all. Ah, there is a banner: Get a free base character. Page shows 0 of 96 characters. Bummer. Well, as the 30% seems to still work I might get some of the 60% discounted stuff from todays PAs. Other then that, no big incentive to shop. Good for my store credit.
Report sales errors here. "There's Always Another Sale™"Well as far as DAZ is concerned CyberMonday looks like a really quiet day for me. Pretty much just all the same deals I could have gotten cheaper yesterday when I had the 30% off purple banner offer.
And I really had to laugh at today's Purple banner offer for a free character because I own all the free Victoria characters. If DAZ had checked they would have seen that I already own absolutely all of the other chacters they are offering me. So it is pretty useless to me.
I've only got about 2/3 of them, so I guess it's time to finally pick up Michael.
The 30% off banner still works today for me.l.
Report sales errors here. "There's Always Another Sale™"Well as far as DAZ is concerned CyberMonday looks like a really quiet day for me. Pretty much just all the same deals I could have gotten cheaper yesterday when I had the 30% off purple banner offer.
And I really had to laugh at today's Purple banner offer for a free character because I own all the free Victoria characters. If DAZ had checked they would have seen that I already own absolutely all of the other chacters they are offering me. So it is pretty useless to me.
Hair used in Trolliez:Taffy promo shotsIt does look a lot like Laguna Hair, though Fire Goddess Hair V4 is pretty close too. There was also an old hair prop by ali (Mankahoo) called Hr-011 that was similar as well, but it's no longer for sale. It was for Victoria 3 and had a Victoria 4 fit; folks who've been around for a while might have it (and forgotten about it.)
And speaking of older hair props, AprilYSH has the free Troll Hair at her site.
Hair used in Trolliez:Taffy promo shotsCould be the Esidor hair but I think it may ewell be this
https://www.daz3d.com/laguna-naoko-hair-for-genesis-3-female-s-genesis-2-female-s-and-victoria-4
Hair used in Trolliez:Taffy promo shotsOf the ones I found in my way too large content library the closest was this one but I am sure I have another one .. hiding away!
They really are differentYou left out Leisa 8. It's the hair and the lighting in the promos that removes the perception of difference (or, if you like, creates the perception of similarity). However, many people are complaining about the fact that Leisa, Jenni, and Robyn appear to be morph dials on Olympia/Victoria/_____.
Yes, we can morph dial our own. But, ideally, the 8 Core family would each be as distinctive from each other as possible. The recent run of somewhat similar faces does not appear to be an attempt to add more character types. No matter, with XTransfer I will now have convenient access to all of the Genesis 3 crowd (along with GenX'd prior generations).
but gen2/3 all look pretty similar as well
I've been thinking and saying that myself for a long time...like, how many of these releases are needed? Get those morph dials out and churn your own. It is a lot easier though. TEXTURES ... yeah, it would be cool to have more variety there for sure. Skin Builder is good, but it too is limited.
None of them are "needed". Been saying that for years, but I always get grief for it. I own one pro bundle and a handful of base characters and yet I never has issues with creating any type of character I need for a project from morphs or texture editing.
for sure. I succumbed to something not needed. I look at all those characters, and the heads I bought, and go .."why" :) I have enough morphs to create 50,000 different looks.
Is it possible to use male morphs on females?They really are differentYou left out Leisa 8. It's the hair and the lighting in the promos that removes the perception of difference (or, if you like, creates the perception of similarity). However, many people are complaining about the fact that Leisa, Jenni, and Robyn appear to be morph dials on Olympia/Victoria/_____.
Yes, we can morph dial our own. But, ideally, the 8 Core family would each be as distinctive from each other as possible. The recent run of somewhat similar faces does not appear to be an attempt to add more character types. No matter, with XTransfer I will now have convenient access to all of the Genesis 3 crowd (along with GenX'd prior generations).
but gen2/3 all look pretty similar as well
I've been thinking and saying that myself for a long time...like, how many of these releases are needed? Get those morph dials out and churn your own. It is a lot easier though. TEXTURES ... yeah, it would be cool to have more variety there for sure. Skin Builder is good, but it too is limited.
None of them are "needed". Been saying that for years, but I always get grief for it. I own one pro bundle and a handful of base characters and yet I never has issues with creating any type of character I need for a project from morphs or texture editing.














