-
A few to view
Very nice marble
Thank you :) It occurred to me that this one has something of the Susan Sarandon look too. Not deliberate - maybe Freudian?
I think all of these characters are great! Pardon the noob question but how does one 'mix' characters?
ANYONE??
Sorry, I lost track of this thread.
If you mean what I think you mean (and you have probably figured it out by now) it is just a matter of going to the parameter dials, click on Actor and then People. There will be a list of all of the characters that you can "mix" in with the one that is selected in the scene. Theres also parameters for body shape, face shape, limbs, etc. Especially if you have some morph sets to enhance your base characters. I buy those sets so that I don't have to buy lots of pre-made characters. I like to dial in (mix) my own.
For example, Here's my combination of Victoria 8 and a Grandmother 8 character - I think she's a lovely mature lady.
It's not exactly raining men....Admittedly, my products are not clothes or figures, but even with scripts and poses, the male products sold a fraction of the female products:
Beach Volleyball Poses for Genesis 3 Female(s) 56% Character Converter from Genesis 3 Female to Genesis 8 47% Character Converter from Genesis 8 Female to Genesis 3 38% Clothing Converter from Genesis 3 Female to Genesis 8 45% Clothing Converter from Genesis 8 Female to Genesis 3 40% Essential Poses for Centaur 7 Female 128% Hair Converter from Genesis 3 Female to Genesis 8 38% Hair Converter from Genesis 8 Female to Genesis 3 25% RSSY Clothing Converter from Genesis 2 Female to Genesis 8 Female 50% RSSY Clothing Converter from Genesis 2 Female to Genesis 3 Female 47% RSSY Hair Converter from Genesis 2 Female to Genesis 8 44% RSSY Hair Converter from Genesis to Genesis 8 Female 62% RSSY Hair Converter from Victoria 4 to Genesis 8 Female 38% Skin Doctor - Dirt & Grime for Genesis 8 and 3 Female(s) 19% Skin Doctor - Wet & Wild for Genesis 8 and 3 Female(s) 33% Word Tattoo for Genesis 3 and 8 Female 35% The Essential Poses for the Centaur 7 are the only product I have where the male product outsold the female product.
That's really interesting information. Thank you for sharing it.
It's not exactly raining men....The only reason male characters and content don't sell as well is because there isn't as much of it to buy. If they would offer more male content, I'm sure it would sell. I'm also disappointed that we have yet another female characater. I've been waiting for a new male character for a while now. Reading the forums here, I'm seeing a whole lot of people who are asking for male content and characters, but this is very limited, which is why it doesn't sell well. We can't buy things that don't exist. Wishing for Gianni 8.
I see that argument.
But folks go off what does sell, of what is released.
Doesn't matter how much is made, if when it is made, it sells fewer than the female countepart, it means the PA takes a cut; Zev0 (as an example - I think I'm remembering the PA correctly) has often stated that like-for-like products sell significantly different numbers
... So whilst you can't buy what doesn't exist, when it does exist, not enough folks buy it.
That simply isn't true.
PAs have REPEATEDLY observed products that are released male and female. Males very very commonly sell a fraction of what females sell. For the same product (basically), from the same vendor.
There are exceptions, and some people manage to do well with male content, but that's very broadly the situation.
Now, the situation snowballs from there. But it all starts from customer demand.
I think a quality product with good promos and a good deal will sell. End of story. Daz has very rarely done all 3 at once for male characters. If they didn't sell previously, then they didn't have the quality people are looking for. That's cold, I know, but I believe if there was truly high quality realistic man that rivaled the likes of a Bluejaunte female, that product would sell. We do not have that right now. We have never had that, and it seems like we never will.
Also, Daz owns the store. They get 40-50% of every single sale in this store, and 100% on their DO's. It would seem logical to me to have more balance in the DO core lineup as a matter of making the store more well rounded as a whole, instead of catering to literally one demographic over and over. You want women, people can still have women as they are all over the store. But how about mixing up the Daz line up too?
I mean...Daz has a certain...reputation...out there, like scantily clad Victoria wielding a sword, that's how this place is viewed. Releasing 4 females in a row, 4 in a single month, only perpetuates that reputation ever further. I do not tell anybody about my Daz hobby, most have never heard of it, but I worry the ones that have might be like "Oh, that's the place they get the 3D pron from, huh?"
I mostly do male renders and I own a lot of male content, but yeah, this type of art does have a rep re: 3D erotica (although I hear way more about Poser being attached to that, just because Poser is what people are more name-familiar with). I don't believe it's entirely a case of that driving people away, though--and in fact there are probably a lot of people doing erotic male content who find that a plus. I think it's also that certain demographics (older guys) skew more toward being able to afford huge investments of money in a hobby in general. It seems like there are a lot of women and LGBT+ folks in the forum community, which is awesome, but as with any online shopping thing the vast majority of buyers probably don't participate.
It's not exactly raining men....The only reason male characters and content don't sell as well is because there isn't as much of it to buy. If they would offer more male content, I'm sure it would sell. I'm also disappointed that we have yet another female characater. I've been waiting for a new male character for a while now. Reading the forums here, I'm seeing a whole lot of people who are asking for male content and characters, but this is very limited, which is why it doesn't sell well. We can't buy things that don't exist. Wishing for Gianni 8.
I see that argument.
But folks go off what does sell, of what is released.
Doesn't matter how much is made, if when it is made, it sells fewer than the female countepart, it means the PA takes a cut; Zev0 (as an example - I think I'm remembering the PA correctly) has often stated that like-for-like products sell significantly different numbers
... So whilst you can't buy what doesn't exist, when it does exist, not enough folks buy it.
That simply isn't true.
PAs have REPEATEDLY observed products that are released male and female. Males very very commonly sell a fraction of what females sell. For the same product (basically), from the same vendor.
There are exceptions, and some people manage to do well with male content, but that's very broadly the situation.
Now, the situation snowballs from there. But it all starts from customer demand.
I think a quality product with good promos and a good deal will sell. End of story. Daz has very rarely done all 3 at once for male characters. If they didn't sell previously, then they didn't have the quality people are looking for. That's cold, I know, but I believe if there was truly high quality realistic man that rivaled the likes of a Bluejaunte female, that product would sell. We do not have that right now. We have never had that, and it seems like we never will.
Also, Daz owns the store. They get 40-50% of every single sale in this store, and 100% on their DO's. It would seem logical to me to have more balance in the DO core lineup as a matter of making the store more well rounded as a whole, instead of catering to literally one demographic over and over. You want women, people can still have women as they are all over the store. But how about mixing up the Daz line up too?
I mean...Daz has a certain...reputation...out there, like scantily clad Victoria wielding a sword, that's how this place is viewed. Releasing 4 females in a row, 4 in a single month, only perpetuates that reputation ever further. I do not tell anybody about my Daz hobby, most have never heard of it, but I worry the ones that have might be like "Oh, that's the place they get the 3D pron from, huh?" That is when I have to throw a smoke bomb or jump out the window, whichever is more convenient at the time. I really hate breaking through windows, but I tend not to keep an ample enough supply of smoke bombs on hand. You can't buy them in bulk from Costco, you know.

Having that diversity isn't just about the constant bottom line every week or two. Its about having some balance to attract more people of all kinds into the Daz store. By catering to that one demo so much, I wonder if others who might be interested in men may have simply left by now. Its a self fulfilling prophecy.
To me, the Daz Original Core lineup should be something that shows of the best of Daz, something that should be diverse by its very nature. I frankly do not see that. There are frequently better models by 3rd parties both here and at other stores. And even when some models are by known PAs, like Rarestone or Thorn, their DO models have fewer features than the non-DO versions! What is the point of the Daz Original line anymore? Its been watered down to a meme at this point.
It's not exactly raining men....Admittedly, my products are not clothes or figures, but even with scripts and poses, the male products sold a fraction of the female products:
Beach Volleyball Poses for Genesis 3 Female(s) 56% Character Converter from Genesis 3 Female to Genesis 8 47% Character Converter from Genesis 8 Female to Genesis 3 38% Clothing Converter from Genesis 3 Female to Genesis 8 45% Clothing Converter from Genesis 8 Female to Genesis 3 40% Essential Poses for Centaur 7 Female 128% Hair Converter from Genesis 3 Female to Genesis 8 38% Hair Converter from Genesis 8 Female to Genesis 3 25% RSSY Clothing Converter from Genesis 2 Female to Genesis 8 Female 50% RSSY Clothing Converter from Genesis 2 Female to Genesis 3 Female 47% RSSY Hair Converter from Genesis 2 Female to Genesis 8 44% RSSY Hair Converter from Genesis to Genesis 8 Female 62% RSSY Hair Converter from Victoria 4 to Genesis 8 Female 38% Skin Doctor - Dirt & Grime for Genesis 8 and 3 Female(s) 19% Skin Doctor - Wet & Wild for Genesis 8 and 3 Female(s) 33% Word Tattoo for Genesis 3 and 8 Female 35% The Essential Poses for the Centaur 7 are the only product I have where the male product outsold the female product.
Shane's Displacement MapsPalm displacement preset available now for Victoria/G8F for Patrons:
™ Tutorial .. and the Bugs !?!So what happens when you click on "My DAZ 3D Library" - please click there - see whether you then get "People" (and some other lines) - if not, then please show us what you do get.
.. All is okay, thank, now i have an another question,where and how i put the genital .. or adult files (i must delete a parents mode on the software ..) ?? ?

You won't have anatomical elements unless you have purchased an adult male/female Name Pro Bundle (e.g. Victoria 8 Pro Bundle) that contains them. Many characters have materials for the anatomical elements, but not the models themselves.
Bluejuante Nadya HDBTW, I just wanted to make an observation about the request for something like a male character. The common refrain is that men don't sell. However, take a look at bluejaunte's girls. They are not models. That same refrain gets repeated that pretty white girls sell, but these are the girls next door. They have flaws and character traits that many PAs would say do not sell, and they would be absolutely right because girls like that are often niche. Yet these girls obviously do sell, and the reason why is very simple...quality. The quality is instantly apparent in every promo pic. None of these girls would be Victoria models, Nadya is the closest to a runway model bluejaunte has ever done. But that hasn't stopped them from selling.
So I think it is logical to believe that a male made this way could indeed sell quite well, because there is no male that can match these girls (sorry if that offends anyone, but I gotta call it like I see it). Sure, there is UV swap, but there are limits to that as well. You can't mix male/female textures on the same surface. I like mixing textures around and seeing how they turn out. Like I talked about before, using bluejaunte's glossy textures and settings with other character's main maps is always fun.
Sometimes I just say "Does it bluejaunte?" It usually does!
Oh, I so very much agree with this! I would buy more men if most of them didn't look so very smooth and kind of plastic. There's a difference between male and female faces and it's difficult to pin down. Many years ago I worked for a high-end photography studio in Los Angeles in the Art department, and as a retoucher I found that you can retouch women all to hell and back and the customer will be happy. Male faces, though? You have to be so careful with men's skin, because they need a bit of roughness, hardness to look right. Everyone wants to look younger, prettier, but male customers don't want portraits that look airbrushed and fake. I think this is where many Daz male models go wrong, they need a much higher level of detail, pores, flaws to look right.
One of the reasons I love Christian so much is because of his lined and craggy face and that he has more detail than most male characters. I'm in the camp that likes/wants "rugged" LOL It's one of the reasons I'm drawn more and more to InTheFlesh male characters - they're imperfect, not necessarily "pretty" and asymmetrical and I like that ;).
Laurie
Dynamic Supersuit Set 1 Worlds FinestGo to Daz Studio > Window > Tabs > Dynamic Clothing; not Daz Studio > Window > Tabs > Parameters
- Victoria 5 Supermodel Compatibility:
-
-
You can use the regular Michael 5 rigged versions of these items with Victoria 5 Supermodel by scaling Genesis to 104% or simply use the included Character preset pose on Genesis and it will give Victoria 5 its compatible proportions.
-
The “Superstrong Cape M5 & V5” folder under “Materials” has 3 garment presets included. You should always use the “Default Garment Preset” first to setup the shirt over Victoria 5 Supermodel. This will result in a loose shirt over V5 Supermodel.Then after it has been settled and using a “Concurrent” simulation setting select any of the other two to get either a “tight” fit or an “over the navel fit”.
-
See youtube video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sCeg40G-g5A
-
-
Cowls:
-
1- You should leave the entire Genesis figure set to collide with the cowls for best results.
-
2-If you are using the cowls or the shadow capes with the Supersuit you need to set your dynamics not to collide with the head and neck groups of the Supersuit.
-
3-Increasing the friction to its maximum (2) will help to keep the cowl stay well positioned in the face area when the head moves and when using facial expressions.
-
4-Set your Dynamic Clothing Preferences to “Restore Defaults”. This will uncheck “Self Intersection” and checks “Face Body Intersection”. If the cowl starts to reacting badly over the nose area uncheck “Face Body Intersection” too. This could happen with the shadow cape.
-
5-Use the supplied No Ear Morphs and No Ear Covers smart props to prevent pokethru around the ear area and to improve the cowl deformation.
-
-
Mat Presets:
-
1-You will need to have the DAZ Supersuit shaders installed in your system in order to use superstrong cape presets “black” and “silver” as intended.
-
2- When using the Shadow cape or the cowls depending on the light used in your scene you may want to lower your reflection strength to zero in the “Surfaces” tab as it may create very sharp reflections with the mat poses default settings.
-
-
Animations:
-
For animations it is recommended a fabric weight of 66 for the cape panels.
-
Who's Next to Join the G8 Family?I know those that are not happy about the overwhelming amount of girls vs dudes, and especially if they are white, will not like the one I hope comes soon, but yeah, I'm still waiting for Lilith 8...
Now, if it's going to be a dude, I hope it's something stylized to go with The Girl 8. The toon dude we have is too Team Fortress to my liking.
Yes but wouldnt' you think that a Lilith 8 would have been released within the Halloween month? So at this point, with 2020 on the horizon I'm sure DAZ is already working on Genesis 9. I'm sure allot of what we will see here on out will be backlogged projects and packs for this generation, esp for the females since the male doesn't normally get released until a year later.
According to the readmes, Michael 8 was released only two months after Victoria 8 (it was Victoria, then a WAY earlier than usual Olympia, then Michael), Michael 7 was five months after Victoria 7, and Michael 6 was five months after Victoria 6. They do seem to have been making a conscious effort to release the male base earlier in a Genesis generation than they did with Mil4 and Mil3.
Given how far off-cycle Olympia was, it's entirely possible that Lilith could be an end-of-generation release. Allegedly, fits for Gianni 8 were seen in something, and he has yet to make an appearance.
Who's Next to Join the G8 Family?Of course they might not start Genesis 9 Generation until closer to the anniversary of Victoria's release since that is usually the first figure pack released for each generation.Bluejuante Nadya HDBTW, I just wanted to make an observation about the request for something like a male character. The common refrain is that men don't sell. However, take a look at bluejaunte's girls. They are not models. That same refrain gets repeated that pretty white girls sell, but these are the girls next door. They have flaws and character traits that many PAs would say do not sell, and they would be absolutely right because girls like that are often niche. Yet these girls obviously do sell, and the reason why is very simple...quality. The quality is instantly apparent in every promo pic. None of these girls would be Victoria models, Nadya is the closest to a runway model bluejaunte has ever done. But that hasn't stopped them from selling.
So I think it is logical to believe that a male made this way could indeed sell quite well, because there is no male that can match these girls (sorry if that offends anyone, but I gotta call it like I see it). Sure, there is UV swap, but there are limits to that as well. You can't mix male/female textures on the same surface. I like mixing textures around and seeing how they turn out. Like I talked about before, using bluejaunte's glossy textures and settings with other character's main maps is always fun.
Sometimes I just say "Does it bluejaunte?" It usually does!
Oh, I so very much agree with this! I would buy more men if most of them didn't look so very smooth and kind of plastic. There's a difference between male and female faces and it's difficult to pin down. Many years ago I worked for a high-end photography studio in Los Angeles in the Art department, and as a retoucher I found that you can retouch women all to hell and back and the customer will be happy. Male faces, though? You have to be so careful with men's skin, because they need a bit of roughness, hardness to look right. Everyone wants to look younger, prettier, but male customers don't want portraits that look airbrushed and fake. I think this is where many Daz male models go wrong, they need a much higher level of detail, pores, flaws to look right.
I think the problem with the DAZ men is that the PAs are trying to appeal to two very different types of customers. Some want rugged, others want smooth
The Brute is enormous, but he’s really not “brutish”. He looks like he was designed to represent the phrase “just a big teddy bear”.
Bluejuante Nadya HDBTW, I just wanted to make an observation about the request for something like a male character. The common refrain is that men don't sell. However, take a look at bluejaunte's girls. They are not models. That same refrain gets repeated that pretty white girls sell, but these are the girls next door. They have flaws and character traits that many PAs would say do not sell, and they would be absolutely right because girls like that are often niche. Yet these girls obviously do sell, and the reason why is very simple...quality. The quality is instantly apparent in every promo pic. None of these girls would be Victoria models, Nadya is the closest to a runway model bluejaunte has ever done. But that hasn't stopped them from selling.
So I think it is logical to believe that a male made this way could indeed sell quite well, because there is no male that can match these girls (sorry if that offends anyone, but I gotta call it like I see it). Sure, there is UV swap, but there are limits to that as well. You can't mix male/female textures on the same surface. I like mixing textures around and seeing how they turn out. Like I talked about before, using bluejaunte's glossy textures and settings with other character's main maps is always fun.
Sometimes I just say "Does it bluejaunte?" It usually does!
Are you manually saving out a material preset for the glossy settings and textures?I've seen some posts about holding ctrl I think while copying the textures/shader of a character and pasting to another to select but think that moves all or nothing.
Bluejuante Nadya HD
I do certainly hope that quality male content will do well. I'm no PA and have no idea how well Male content perform commercially, I just remember bluejaunte writing in another thread that a Male character would be a financial risk for them.BTW, I just wanted to make an observation about the request for something like a male character. The common refrain is that men don't sell. However, take a look at bluejaunte's girls. They are not models. That same refrain gets repeated that pretty white girls sell, but these are the girls next door. They have flaws and character traits that many PAs would say do not sell, and they would be absolutely right because girls like that are often niche. Yet these girls obviously do sell, and the reason why is very simple...quality. The quality is instantly apparent in every promo pic. None of these girls would be Victoria models, Nadya is the closest to a runway model bluejaunte has ever done. But that hasn't stopped them from selling.
So I think it is logical to believe that a male made this way could indeed sell quite well, because there is no male that can match these girls (sorry if that offends anyone, but I gotta call it like I see it). Sure, there is UV swap, but there are limits to that as well. You can't mix male/female textures on the same surface. I like mixing textures around and seeing how they turn out. Like I talked about before, using bluejaunte's glossy textures and settings with other character's main maps is always fun.
Sometimes I just say "Does it bluejaunte?" It usually does!
Also, I'm not sure, maybe bluejaunte doesn't enjoy building a male character? Maybe one of the reasons why their female characters look so darn good is because they enjoy creating them. If creating a Male character isn't something a PA enjoys overly much PLUS a potential financial risk might be some issue. I know I try to convince me again and again to do a ponytail hairstyle with strand based hair. I couldn't put myself together because putting up with a female character for weeks isn't something I'd enjoy, and I don't enjoy ponytails on Male characters. Now I'm no PA but I can imahine PAs bring partially driven by their own interests as well.
Bluejuante Nadya HDBTW, I just wanted to make an observation about the request for something like a male character. The common refrain is that men don't sell. However, take a look at bluejaunte's girls. They are not models. That same refrain gets repeated that pretty white girls sell, but these are the girls next door. They have flaws and character traits that many PAs would say do not sell, and they would be absolutely right because girls like that are often niche. Yet these girls obviously do sell, and the reason why is very simple...quality. The quality is instantly apparent in every promo pic. None of these girls would be Victoria models, Nadya is the closest to a runway model bluejaunte has ever done. But that hasn't stopped them from selling.
So I think it is logical to believe that a male made this way could indeed sell quite well, because there is no male that can match these girls (sorry if that offends anyone, but I gotta call it like I see it). Sure, there is UV swap, but there are limits to that as well. You can't mix male/female textures on the same surface. I like mixing textures around and seeing how they turn out. Like I talked about before, using bluejaunte's glossy textures and settings with other character's main maps is always fun.
Sometimes I just say "Does it bluejaunte?" It usually does!
Oh, I so very much agree with this! I would buy more men if most of them didn't look so very smooth and kind of plastic. There's a difference between male and female faces and it's difficult to pin down. Many years ago I worked for a high-end photography studio in Los Angeles in the Art department, and as a retoucher I found that you can retouch women all to hell and back and the customer will be happy. Male faces, though? You have to be so careful with men's skin, because they need a bit of roughness, hardness to look right. Everyone wants to look younger, prettier, but male customers don't want portraits that look airbrushed and fake. I think this is where many Daz male models go wrong, they need a much higher level of detail, pores, flaws to look right.
I think the problem with the DAZ men is that the PAs are trying to appeal to two very different types of customers. Some want rugged, others want smooth (at least on my case I want smooth to match the women. Because a "rugged" man next to a "airbrushed" Barbie doll woman look wrong. I get bluejaunte girls because they're not "smooth".) So we end up with a character that's in between and that doesn't look right at all.
For me, the appeal of bluejaunte's characters are the skins, and the HD detailing. If bluejaunte ever decides to make a male, let's say an older teen boy, I'd happily buy him. His possible skin and HD would be a welcome addition to my G8M genepool.
Bluejuante Nadya HDBTW, I just wanted to make an observation about the request for something like a male character. The common refrain is that men don't sell. However, take a look at bluejaunte's girls. They are not models. That same refrain gets repeated that pretty white girls sell, but these are the girls next door. They have flaws and character traits that many PAs would say do not sell, and they would be absolutely right because girls like that are often niche. Yet these girls obviously do sell, and the reason why is very simple...quality. The quality is instantly apparent in every promo pic. None of these girls would be Victoria models, Nadya is the closest to a runway model bluejaunte has ever done. But that hasn't stopped them from selling.
So I think it is logical to believe that a male made this way could indeed sell quite well, because there is no male that can match these girls (sorry if that offends anyone, but I gotta call it like I see it). Sure, there is UV swap, but there are limits to that as well. You can't mix male/female textures on the same surface. I like mixing textures around and seeing how they turn out. Like I talked about before, using bluejaunte's glossy textures and settings with other character's main maps is always fun.
Sometimes I just say "Does it bluejaunte?" It usually does!
Oh, I so very much agree with this! I would buy more men if most of them didn't look so very smooth and kind of plastic. There's a difference between male and female faces and it's difficult to pin down. Many years ago I worked for a high-end photography studio in Los Angeles in the Art department, and as a retoucher I found that you can retouch women all to hell and back and the customer will be happy. Male faces, though? You have to be so careful with men's skin, because they need a bit of roughness, hardness to look right. Everyone wants to look younger, prettier, but male customers don't want portraits that look airbrushed and fake. I think this is where many Daz male models go wrong, they need a much higher level of detail, pores, flaws to look right.
Bluejuante Nadya HDWell, the excuse is the problematic shoe fit. Hands don't really have that problem

No, they don't. But most my characters are fully clothed and don't need to have an HD body, except for the hands, which are showing, hence my request if you think it is worth your time.
Yup. I wish I didn't have to dial in the entire body morph on HD Add-Ons in order to get the hands. BTW, excited to have Nadya, and thanks for giving us some new eye materials. Still waiting for flipped/rotated sclerae?
Argh... alright just mixed it up a bit for next character. Still amazed you even notice such a tiny detail

Thank you so much, kind sir, you have saved me some time in the future (quite a feat).
BTW, I just wanted to make an observation about the request for something like a male character. The common refrain is that men don't sell. However, take a look at bluejaunte's girls. They are not models. That same refrain gets repeated that pretty white girls sell, but these are the girls next door. They have flaws and character traits that many PAs would say do not sell, and they would be absolutely right because girls like that are often niche. Yet these girls obviously do sell, and the reason why is very simple...quality. The quality is instantly apparent in every promo pic. None of these girls would be Victoria models, Nadya is the closest to a runway model bluejaunte has ever done. But that hasn't stopped them from selling.
So I think it is logical to believe that a male made this way could indeed sell quite well, because there is no male that can match these girls (sorry if that offends anyone, but I gotta call it like I see it). Sure, there is UV swap, but there are limits to that as well. You can't mix male/female textures on the same surface. I like mixing textures around and seeing how they turn out. Like I talked about before, using bluejaunte's glossy textures and settings with other character's main maps is always fun.
Sometimes I just say "Does it bluejaunte?" It usually does!
Men with personality are much harder to make convincingly than women, though personality/charisma is obviously a difficult thing to achieve regardless of gender. That's probably why vendors opt for pretty instead: It's much easier. A couple or three years ago, I lobbied bluejaunte for a male, but he loves women/girls, and the passion that transmutes into / equates to excellence in his females may not be there naturally. And a poor-selling alien has resulted in (or, at least, been followed with) his first supermodel.
Bluejuante Nadya HDBTW, I just wanted to make an observation about the request for something like a male character. The common refrain is that men don't sell. However, take a look at bluejaunte's girls. They are not models. That same refrain gets repeated that pretty white girls sell, but these are the girls next door. They have flaws and character traits that many PAs would say do not sell, and they would be absolutely right because girls like that are often niche. Yet these girls obviously do sell, and the reason why is very simple...quality. The quality is instantly apparent in every promo pic. None of these girls would be Victoria models, Nadya is the closest to a runway model bluejaunte has ever done. But that hasn't stopped them from selling.
So I think it is logical to believe that a male made this way could indeed sell quite well, because there is no male that can match these girls (sorry if that offends anyone, but I gotta call it like I see it). Sure, there is UV swap, but there are limits to that as well. You can't mix male/female textures on the same surface. I like mixing textures around and seeing how they turn out. Like I talked about before, using bluejaunte's glossy textures and settings with other character's main maps is always fun.
Sometimes I just say "Does it bluejaunte?" It usually does!
Purple Bar Screening Process needs a little workWell, freebies are more often than not an incentive to buy stuff. Doesn't seem like you need any incentive! :)
Well, freebies are more often than not an incentive to buy stuff. Doesn't seem like you need any incentive! :)
Agreed. seems like they have most of the store already, LOL
No, not all the store.... A bit over half of of it though. What I am clearing through rapidily is the DAZ originals... of the 13842 currently in the store, I own all but 3003 of them, and most of what's left is texture sets and stuff for the V4 and earlier generations.
Wow!! Now that's impressive ..... or ..... uummmm ....... wow ...
For me personally it was really nice to get a free character because I can't afford every character (probably still wouldn't by everything even if I could cause I'm cheap, and TBH there are many I'm just not that interested in). I can see why they would use a simple query to just identify those who had all the Victoria figures. Doing a query to determine who had exactly what, and offer special deals for specific levels of ownership could get quite complex (and a bit out of control). On the flip side though, for those who didn't have many, or even any figures to choose from, typically get much greater "Loyalty Discounts" than I do. Often I simply don't qualify for a loyalty discounts (or similar) even though I've been buying here for 15 years. I don't buy enough to typically qualify for any big discounts based on my purchase history, except for the occasional specific deals like this one. With this in mind, I can definitely relate to how those who already have everything in this giveaway might feel left out, but it's also important to keep in mind the big purchasers also get big discounts or free stuff on other sales where those who don't/can't purchase a lot get little of no discounts or free stuff.
And don't forget in the US there are also "owners" or recipients of alloted land and owners of a lot of land
Who's Next to Join the G8 Family?Mika, Dante/Ophelia and the Centaurs were the very end of G3, IIRC. Basically, the last five G3 figures were 3 females, two males, in an alternating pattern? Last of the Generation 4 line was either Stephanie 4 or the semi unisex Kids 4. Wasn't active on the website when Genesis 1 went bye bye, but it seems like the last base figures released were a mix of male and female "classic movie monsters."
I think that the last human character for original Genesis was David 5. I remember that a lot of people had been agitating for a David, and then DAZ (as it was at the time) released the David 3 shape for Genesis. People thought that was all there was going to be, and suddenly, there was David 5. According to the readmes, David 5's release was 2013-04, and Victoria 6 was 2013-06, and releases at that time were MUCH further apart and more random-feeling than they are now, so that matches up. (The bridge characters between Genesis and Genesis 2 were the Monstrosities, which all seem to have been released in May 2013.) (To the extent that they say anything at all, Daz has been a LOT more emphatic since then that David 6/7/8 will NEVER EVER HAPPEN STOP ASKING US ABOUT IT YOU STRANGE PEOPLE YOU. They've even allowed a PA to make a character named David for Genesis 8 -- there are NO PA characters named Michael in this or any other generation, I don't think -- which strongly signals that David is not making a reappearance even in this extended generation.)
Scott 6 was the last fully human release for Genesis 2, only a week after Karen 7. I do wonder if maybe he got delayed somehow; it seemed odd at the time to throw him out there like that, after four (!) different Genesis 3 females had already been released (Victoria, Eva, Bethany, Karen).
Dante 7 was the last human male release for Genesis 3, a month before Ophelia 7, two months before Victoria 8. (The release tempo for Genesis 3 got very odd indeed toward the end. After over a year of two-a-month releases, it was suddenly down to one per month at the end. And unlike the Genesis 2/3 period, there was no overlap between generations. Victoria, then Olympia, then Michael, and we were off and running. So to speak.) (There's also a Dante PA character in this generation, indicating that there will be no Dante 8 -- not that anyone really thought there would be, I expect.)















