• Daz 3D
  • Shop
  • 3D Software
    • Daz Studio Premier
    • Daz Studio
    • Install Manager
    • Exporters
    • Daz to Roblox
    • Daz to Maya
    • Daz to Blender
    • Daz to Unreal
    • Daz to Unity
    • Daz to 3ds Max
    • Daz to Cinema 4D
  • 3D Models
    • Genesis 9
    • Genesis 8.1
    • Free 3D Models
    • Game Ready
  • Community
    • Gallery
    • Forums
    • Blog
    • Press
    • Help
  • Memberships
    • Daz Premier
    • Daz Plus
    • Daz Base
    • Compare
  • AI Solutions
  • Download Studio
  • Menu
  • Daz 3D
  • Shop
  • 3d Software
    • Daz Studio Premier
    • Daz Studio
    • Install Manager
    • Exporters
    • Daz to Roblox
    • Daz to Maya
    • Daz to Blender
    • Daz to Unreal
    • Daz to Unity
    • Daz to 3ds Max
    • Daz to Cinema 4D
  • 3D Models
    • Genesis 9
    • Genesis 8.1
    • Free 3D Models
  • Community
    • Our Community
    • Gallery
    • Forums
    • Blog
    • Press
    • Help
  • Memberships
    • Daz Premier
    • Daz Plus
    • Daz Base
    • Compare
  • AI Solutions

Notifications

You currently have no notifications.

Loading...
Daz 3D Forums > Search
  • The Wrong Place, Wrong Time Complaint Thread

    Madbat said:
    [I remember that! I live in central Alberta and we were completely hazed over from that.

    Thanks for sharing the story about the eruption of Mount Saint Helens. The following is kinda off topic but my uncle invited me to visit him in Calgary.

    By

    starionwolf starionwolf June 2014 in The Commons
  • The Wrong Place, Wrong Time Complaint Thread

    Kyoto Kid said:
    ps1borg said:
    Sangeang Api is erupting off the Indonesian coast, maybe there will be a red dawn tomorrow as the plume heads for us, long way from here tho :)

    http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-05-31/volcanic-ash-plume-keeps-darwin-flights-grounded/5491870

    ...pretty impressive.

    Interesting that teh 34th anniversary of Mt St Helen's eruption was two weeks ago Sunday. That was quite the experience. When I got to Seattle I remember in the days that followed, watching the weather reports that not only gave the chance for rainfall, but "ashfall" as well. On July 22nd of that year, there was another large ash eruption which occurred in the early evening just as I was walking through the UW campus to a class. It was a clear day out so it was quite a sight. I believe it shot up to something like 48,000'.

    ...needless to say I was late for that class.

    I remember that! I live in central Alberta and we were completely hazed over from that.

    By

    Madbat Madbat June 2014 in The Commons
  • The foam Peanuts are a tad too sweet and I ate too much but don't feel full Complaint Thread

    starionwolf said:
    DanaTA said:
    What were your courses in college?

    Dana

    IT related courses: Intro to Information Systems, introduction to networking, C++, Java 1 and 2, Oracle 1, Oracle PL/SQL. I did not learn any of the dot net or web services stuff, just the desktop software material with the exception of introduction to networking. So, I can create java programs that run under the JRE, but not a java applet over a network. My skills are outdated. The software engineering course was lousy because the book was terrible. I don't think I learned much.

    My mom thinks that I should've gone to a technical school instead of a business school. If you want any more details out the IT courses then I can post them later.

    I know that syntax is a bugger, but with C++ and Java, plus Oracle, you have a good basis there if you paid attention! Because the fact is simple...programming is programming. The basic concepts of logic and good practices are constant throughout any programming language. It's just getting to understand the syntax and the unique libraries of the particular language. Until things happened to me in 2006/2007, I could pick things up really fast. I worked on my AS in Computer Science at BCC in the early 90s, got it in 1993. There was one course in Assembly (yuk!), three accounting courses, one course that was the first time they had it on dBase (I already knew everything in it from working with FoxBase+ at the time, which was a better application than dBase, always a few steps ahead of them through the upgrades), two semesters of RPG-II, and three semesters of...COBOL. Wordiest language I've ever worked with. But as I said, the concepts of good logic and good practices are the same. You just have to get used to the syntax of the new language, and the libraries it uses. That's been the bugger for me. My site is my classroom for ASP.NET, with VB.NET and a little C#.NET, a little javascript and AJAX and, of course, SQL Server.

    Take some time to look at some sample code. Get yourself a free version of Visual Studio at the Microsoft site. It might be a little pared down, but you can still do a lot with it. I have Visual Studio 2010 Pro. You can also get SQL Server Express and SSMS and work with those on your computer.

    Actually, an Oracle job pays really well if you want to do that. You'd have to start in an entry level position, but even those pay pretty well from what I'm told. I wasn't impressed with Oracle. I went to Oracle University in Boston for several course, paid for by the company I worked for at the time (COMDEX/Key3Media), They had a new CEO and he decided that Visual FoxPro was dead (it was not) and old tech and wanted to use new tech. I told my boss it was going to be bad. I knew the users. They didn't like slow. When they replaced the custom VFP application with Oracle Financials it was terrible. One user came down to my office and told me that a process she does all the time that used to take 15 seconds to run in the VFP app, took 15 minutes in Oracle Financials!

    Anyway, if you want to learn the .NET stuff, do what I said. And check out these sites:
    Code Project Heavy focus on .NET tech, but other things too like HTML5 and others.
    4 Guys From Rolla A lot of .NET stuff there.
    Both sites have a lot of tutorials and downloadable sample code.
    SQL Server Central Name says it all. Lots of good stuff there, articles, forums, in-depth tutorials.

    Dana

    By

    DanaTA DanaTA May 2014 in The Commons
  • The foam Peanuts are a tad too sweet and I ate too much but don't feel full Complaint Thread

    Central air conditioner broke. Parents now need to fix it. Yes, I'm an unemployed college graduate who is living with parents. Can't wait to find a job so that I can spend money on the Daz Store. Dragon 3 looks good but I can't afford it now. lol

    By

    starionwolf starionwolf May 2014 in The Commons
  • Editing objects

    Hi all,

    I'm currently using one of the staffs from Mystical Touch in a graphic novel project, and for a portion of the story, I need to be able to show the staff without the central orb.

    Is there a simple way to edit this object to remove that sphere (and all the internal parts of it), by any chance? Transparencies probably won't be sufficient, because my art style uses "cartoon preview mode" as well, which negates transparencies. I'd need to be able to physically remove the orb from the staff.

    Thanks for your time.

    PS: I prefer to use Poser Pro, rather than DAZ Studio.

    By

    ShaneWSmith ShaneWSmith May 2014 in New Users
  • Carrara 8.5 crash on exit! ...... SOLVED!

    evilproducer said:
    diomede64 said:
    evilproducer said:
    eyesee said:
    Hi homey_jay,

    I see you found a price you were happy with.

    As to your problem, a good place to start would be to give details of your equipment.
    Such as Operating system, amount of memory, processor, weather pc or laptop or whatever, any other software that you may have running at the same time (i.e Virus checkers, etc...), I think you said you had an Nvidia Quadro business graphics card but graphics card details would be useful for anyone else that hasn't read previous posts.


    Edit:

    Silene:

    I think I'll move to Bristol. It's been raining all day again here., but hey, it's Manchester, what else is it going to do? Sun Shine is that that big yellow thing I saw once in the sky?)

    Eyesee (Jedi Tea Master - Mug fully charged!)

    Definitely more info would help!

    Sorry for you Brits! It's 78ºF (25.5ºC) with a light breeze and sunny here in north-central Wisconsin. No work tomorrow and slow smoking a small beef brisket from our dearly departed Jersey steer, Whopper Jr.

    EP, that looks tremendous. Getting in my car now. Should make Wisconsin in about 20 hours.

    Actually, we have the annual pilgrimage of about 250,000 motorcycles here this weekend. To celebrate, I rode a bicycle down by the monuments. Felt a little out classed, but I wouldn't miss it.

    Are you referring to D.C.?

    Yes, this is Rolling Thunder weekend. Obviously, Memorial Day is all about the veterans, especially with troops still in harms way across the globe, but the motorcycle thing has taken on a life of its own - in addition to its connection to vets.

    By

    Diomede Diomede May 2014 in Carrara Discussion
  • Carrara 8.5 crash on exit! ...... SOLVED!

    diomede64 said:
    evilproducer said:
    eyesee said:
    Hi homey_jay,

    I see you found a price you were happy with.

    As to your problem, a good place to start would be to give details of your equipment.
    Such as Operating system, amount of memory, processor, weather pc or laptop or whatever, any other software that you may have running at the same time (i.e Virus checkers, etc...), I think you said you had an Nvidia Quadro business graphics card but graphics card details would be useful for anyone else that hasn't read previous posts.


    Edit:

    Silene:

    I think I'll move to Bristol. It's been raining all day again here., but hey, it's Manchester, what else is it going to do? Sun Shine is that that big yellow thing I saw once in the sky?)

    Eyesee (Jedi Tea Master - Mug fully charged!)

    Definitely more info would help!

    Sorry for you Brits! It's 78ºF (25.5ºC) with a light breeze and sunny here in north-central Wisconsin. No work tomorrow and slow smoking a small beef brisket from our dearly departed Jersey steer, Whopper Jr.

    EP, that looks tremendous. Getting in my car now. Should make Wisconsin in about 20 hours.

    Actually, we have the annual pilgrimage of about 250,000 motorcycles here this weekend. To celebrate, I rode a bicycle down by the monuments. Felt a little out classed, but I wouldn't miss it.

    Are you referring to D.C.?

    By

    evilproducer evilproducer May 2014 in Carrara Discussion
  • Carrara 8.5 crash on exit! ...... SOLVED!

    evilproducer said:
    eyesee said:
    Hi homey_jay,

    I see you found a price you were happy with.

    As to your problem, a good place to start would be to give details of your equipment.
    Such as Operating system, amount of memory, processor, weather pc or laptop or whatever, any other software that you may have running at the same time (i.e Virus checkers, etc...), I think you said you had an Nvidia Quadro business graphics card but graphics card details would be useful for anyone else that hasn't read previous posts.


    Edit:

    Silene:

    I think I'll move to Bristol. It's been raining all day again here., but hey, it's Manchester, what else is it going to do? Sun Shine is that that big yellow thing I saw once in the sky?)

    Eyesee (Jedi Tea Master - Mug fully charged!)

    Definitely more info would help!

    Sorry for you Brits! It's 78ºF (25.5ºC) with a light breeze and sunny here in north-central Wisconsin. No work tomorrow and slow smoking a small beef brisket from our dearly departed Jersey steer, Whopper Jr.

    EP, that looks tremendous. Getting in my car now. Should make Wisconsin in about 20 hours.

    Actually, we have the annual pilgrimage of about 250,000 motorcycles here this weekend. To celebrate, I rode a bicycle down by the monuments. Felt a little out classed, but I wouldn't miss it.

    By

    Diomede Diomede May 2014 in Carrara Discussion
  • Carrara 8.5 crash on exit! ...... SOLVED!

    eyesee said:
    Hi homey_jay,

    I see you found a price you were happy with.

    As to your problem, a good place to start would be to give details of your equipment.
    Such as Operating system, amount of memory, processor, weather pc or laptop or whatever, any other software that you may have running at the same time (i.e Virus checkers, etc...), I think you said you had an Nvidia Quadro business graphics card but graphics card details would be useful for anyone else that hasn't read previous posts.


    Edit:

    Silene:

    I think I'll move to Bristol. It's been raining all day again here., but hey, it's Manchester, what else is it going to do? Sun Shine is that that big yellow thing I saw once in the sky?)

    Eyesee (Jedi Tea Master - Mug fully charged!)

    Definitely more info would help!

    Sorry for you Brits! It's 78ºF (25.5ºC) with a light breeze and sunny here in north-central Wisconsin. No work tomorrow and slow smoking a small beef brisket from our dearly departed Jersey steer, Whopper Jr.

    By

    evilproducer evilproducer May 2014 in Carrara Discussion
  • DAZ Studio Pro 4.6.3.52, General Release, Now Available for Download!

    DAZ_cjones said:
    Ivy said:
    i kind of this delima I never use the download manager because i have my files set up for 3 different 3d programs and use external drives for my programs with one central 4 TB for all my runtime and contents.
    I also use another drive all all my Creative suite programs and another for my 3ds. this keeps my C:/ SSD drive running optimal. Rendering daz animations on my SSD drives Burns my SSD drive up to fast so I changed my drives styem to aviod this issue .when rendering animation. I was told because of the the constant righting of files and the high processor load running through the SSD drive during the rendering Process.
    so anyway whether I was told right or wrong. i changed my files system to match the same as my autodesk drive.& I have not burned out any more SSD drives since..
    to make a long story short.
    The download manager want to install Daz to my C:/ drive where as I have a standalone drive F:/ for Daz & Poser program and all content. In G:/ Daz/Content

    my question is there another way to install this update to be able to take advantage of the new PostgreSQL update. with out using Download manager?

    DIM does not force you to install DAZ Studio or the PostgreSQL CMS to your C drive. You can tell DIM to install these applications on any drive you wish.


    Okay I saw where you can choose the file location . My bad, I told you i was blond right..lol
    when i tired it first time it had C:\Program Files\DAZ 3D\DAZStudio4 as the default download folder which does not exist on my c drive.
    anyway i was able to do the install to my F/ drive thanks for the info and the Thanks daz for the program Up date,. all is well in Ivy Land

    By

    Ivy Ivy May 2014 in Daz Studio Discussion
  • DAZ Studio Pro 4.6.3.52, General Release, Now Available for Download!

    Ivy said:
    i kind of this delima I never use the download manager because i have my files set up for 3 different 3d programs and use external drives for my programs with one central 4 TB for all my runtime and contents.
    I also use another drive all all my Creative suite programs and another for my 3ds. this keeps my C:/ SSD drive running optimal. Rendering daz animations on my SSD drives Burns my SSD drive up to fast so I changed my drives styem to aviod this issue .when rendering animation. I was told because of the the constant righting of files and the high processor load running through the SSD drive during the rendering Process.
    so anyway whether I was told right or wrong. i changed my files system to match the same as my autodesk drive.& I have not burned out any more SSD drives since..
    to make a long story short.
    The download manager want to install Daz to my C:/ drive where as I have a standalone drive F:/ for Daz & Poser program and all content. In G:/ Daz/Content

    my question is there another way to install this update to be able to take advantage of the new PostgreSQL update. with out using Download manager?

    DIM does not force you to install DAZ Studio or the PostgreSQL CMS to your C drive. You can tell DIM to install these applications on any drive you wish.

    By

    DAZ_cjones DAZ_cjones May 2014 in Daz Studio Discussion
  • DAZ Studio Pro 4.6.3.52, General Release, Now Available for Download!

    i kind of this delima I never use the download manager because i have my files set up for 3 different 3d programs and use external drives for my programs with one central 4 TB for all my runtime and contents.
    I also use another drive all all my Creative suite programs and another for my 3ds. this keeps my C:/ SSD drive running optimal. Rendering daz animations on my SSD drives Burns my SSD drive up to fast so I changed my drives styem to aviod this issue .when rendering animation. I was told because of the the constant righting of files and the high processor load running through the SSD drive during the rendering Process.
    so anyway whether I was told right or wrong. i changed my files system to match the same as my autodesk drive.& I have not burned out any more SSD drives since..
    to make a long story short.
    The download manager want to install Daz to my C:/ drive where as I have a standalone drive F:/ for Daz & Poser program and all content. In G:/ Daz/Content

    my question is there another way to install this update to be able to take advantage of the new PostgreSQL update. with out using Download manager?

    By

    Ivy Ivy May 2014 in Daz Studio Discussion
  • May, 2014 Freebie Challenge - Motherly Madness - Winners Announced

    Kismet2012 said:
    Lord Ganthor said:
    Hey! I'm da closes t'ing dat he's got t'uh mudda an' he's da closes t'ing I gots t'uh kid...'kay?!? 'Leastwise I ain't gotta change no diapers, right?


    I've seen dogs wearing diapers. ;-)

    Hey! Youse ain't ever gonna catch no dog o'mine wearin' no diapers! Leave dat fer dem li'l kids and dem old people what got problems wit' dere old age...an' stuff like dat dere...an' dem horses what pulls dem carriages t'ru Central Park fer dem rich folks...but not no dog o'mine! Of all da noive....

    By

    Lord Ganthor Lord Ganthor May 2014 in Freebies
  • Novica & Invited Guest Contributors Tips & Product Reviews Pt 4

    anikad said:
    Anyway there were some people who weren't seeing the banner or message (60% off over 2400 items) but when they added one of these items to their cart they got the 60% discount: http://www.daz3d.com/v4-m4-products

    I think that's the same link I got a few weeks back, it had 2400 products and was M4 V4. I did pick up a few more things during that sale, and just tested them and it's the same deal. :) Thanks for mentioning that though, may help some other folks. Better hurry though, not sure when it ends but the site changes over in about 10-25 minutes. (1am to 1:15am Central Time.) That $5 off will probably end then too.

    By

    Novica Novica May 2014 in Art Studio
  • The Spartans, The Hoplite armed Soldier and Hercules W.I.P [COMMERCIAL]

    Not really , I am like 10 hours daily in Zbrush figuring new stuff out so this is my own personal workflow and ideas that evolving in the last 10 years and discovering new stuff each time I am doing something ..
    before I textured everything outside Zbrush and used it only for modeling , but then decided to skip double work and doing it all at the same time , painting while sculpting the fine details ..
    If you want some tips and idea you should join Zbrush Central as there you will find a lot of info and tutorial classes that help you evolve your own workflow , there is nothing better .. Modeling in Zbrush is a Visual Art , you need to follow the process with your eyes to better understand since the word can't teach you how to paint a painting .. and that is the same here
    so if you are Visual person and learn faster watching video you will succeed better in Zbrush , if you learn better from reading it will teach you the functions but not how to make it ..
    however before you start you need to learn the Therms and functions and what all the buttons do ..other way it will be hard to follow anything .. when I first open Zbrush years ago it was like black magic ..did not make any sense , so I had to forget what I learned and started over and it was not easy ..

    until today I did not posted yet anything in Zbrush Central as I am not ready for the showcase yet .. as I still see stuff on a daily basic that blows me away .. but with the time minder than before I guess I am evolving LOL
    one day I will be maybe in the Top Row ..but not yet

    be patience and practice a lot .. give yourself a challenge , focus on one part until you finish
    don't watch to much videos as you will forget everything next day
    find yourself a simple challenge and don;t give up until you finish it .. watch tutorials or videos regarding your challenge to find solution and how to it if you get lost ..everything on the topic
    it is the best way to learn ..it is how I learning and it is much faster than anything before

    short time ago I made simple challenge for other artist to learn Zbrush the same I used for my Online students
    people that could never do anything, finished clothing and stuff in one day, they could not believe how easy it was
    as they did not know where to start ..everyone can do that ..you don't need special skills
    but one step at a time .. :)

    Estroyer said:
    You are truly talented!
    Do you have any hints and tips anywhere on the net about modelling?

    By

    MEC4D MEC4D May 2014 in Daz PA Commercial Products
  • I burnt my Pizza STUPID THREAD VIIII

    Kyoto Kid said:
    ...then of course, there's "SmElll Segundo" in LA.


    The worst though are pulp mills. I used to live in central Wisconsin and he only "fresh" wind we'd get came directly out of the east.


    Oh yeah... Been treated to the aroma from the Bowater paper mill (when the wind is from the north) my entire life. My uncle who worked there for fifty years said it "smelled like money". The sulfur dioxide actually smells like rotten eggs. Especially nice when you are allergic to the smell, as I am. .

    By

    TJohn TJohn May 2014 in The Commons
  • I burnt my Pizza STUPID THREAD VIIII

    ...then of course, there's "SmElll Segundo" in LA.


    The worst though are pulp mills. I used to live in central Wisconsin and he only "fresh" wind we'd get came directly out of the east.

    By

    kyoto kid kyoto kid May 2014 in The Commons
  • v9.0 -- mcjBuilderA - script to build anything in Daz Studio - updated sept. 16 2017

    about 14 k polygons
    all the walls with holes are generated from a 52-lines mcjBuilder script

    you cant use it for now since you don't have the "overarch" "bigwall" and "archeddoor" profiles


    but it looks like


    define wall x y z thick ang w h pro
    Profile pro
    profileSize w h
    CloseProfile On
    setPos x y z
    setRotY ang
    Ring
    EndCap
    Move thick
    Ring
    EndCap
    break
    Move -thick
    defineEnd

    // three central bigwalls
    wall -12 0 -6.5 1 180 12 18 bigwall
    wall 0 0 -6.5 1 180 12 18 bigwall
    wall 12 0 -6.5 1 180 12 18 bigwall
    wall -12 1 -6.5 1 180 6 2 square
    wall 12 1 -6.5 1 180 6 2 square

    // side alcove left
    wall -24 0 -6.5 1 180 12 10.5 archeddoor
    wall -24 1 -6.5 1 180 4 2 square
    wall -30 0 0 1 -90 12 18 bigwall
    wall -30 1 0 1 -90 6 2 square
    wall -24 0 6.5 1 0 12 10.5 archeddoor
    wall -24 1 6.5 1 0 4 2 square

    // side bigwalls left
    wall -17.5 0 13 1 -90 12 18 bigwall
    wall -17.5 1 13 1 -90 6 2 square
    wall -17.5 0 25 1 -90 12 18 bigwall
    wall -17.5 1 25 1 -90 6 2 square

    // overarches
    wall -12 0 -6.5 1 180 12 18 overarch
    wall -12 0 7.5 1 180 12 18 overarch
    wall 0 0 -6.5 1 180 12 18 overarch
    wall 0 0 7.5 1 180 12 18 overarch
    wall 12 0 -6.5 1 180 12 18 overarch
    wall 12 0 7.5 1 180 12 18 overarch

    // side alcove right
    wall 24 0 -6.5 1 180 12 10.5 archeddoor
    wall 24 1 -6.5 1 180 4 2 square
    wall 30 0 0 1 90 12 18 bigwall
    wall 30 1 0 1 90 6 2 square
    wall 24 0 6.5 1 0 12 10.5 archeddoor
    wall 24 1 6.5 1 0 4 2 square

    // side bigwalls right
    wall 17.5 0 13 1 90 12 18 bigwall
    wall 17.5 1 13 1 90 6 2 square
    wall 17.5 0 25 1 90 12 18 bigwall
    wall 17.5 1 25 1 90 6 2 square


    Beta 7 will include new profile curves
    plus some bug fixes
    and possibly will include "variables"

    so you'll be able to say

    var CeilingHeight 18

    and later on

    CeilingHeight = CeilingHeight+4

    or

    BuildCeiling CeilingHeight 

    By

    mCasual mCasual May 2014 in Freebies
  • Novica & Invited Guest Contributors Tips & Product Reviews Pt 4

    Check your emails to see if you got a targeted offer for 2,400 M4 and V4 products. Weird timing, sent four hours ago at 4pm central time. It's targeted (it's in the URL) and only works if you are on the marketing list, but just in case you are shopping for those gen 4, check your emails. Valid through May 19th too. If you didn't get it, they may be releasing it to small groups of people at a time.

    I'm finally getting those bend products that I asked about a few months ago (Beautiful Bends, fixes the creasing in V4 and M4!)

    SereneNight- I'll go check. I got the brushes earlier today but haven't loaded them up.

    By

    Novica Novica May 2014 in Art Studio
  • Wilmap's Genesis 2 Female Clothing - LATEST UPLOAD 17/08/2014

    choli Lengha (choli is the blouse and the lengha is the skirt) are worn in several ares of India, including western, central and northern areas, plus in the Punjab, which is partially Indian and partially Pakistani.

    My Indian friend wears them all the time in preference to a Saree, as they are so much easier to put on. Mostly worn with a Dupatta traditionally although nowadays many bright young things wear them without.

    And I agree that Zamuel has done a good job there, does look good.

    By

    Chohole Chohole May 2014 in Freebies
Previous Next
Adding to Cart…

Daz 3D is part of Tafi

Connect

DAZ Productions, Inc.
7533 S Center View Ct #4664
West Jordan, UT 84084

HELP

Contact Us

Tutorials

Help Center

Sell Your 3D Content

Affiliate Program

Documentation Center

Open Source

Consent Preferences

JOIN DAZ

Memberships

Blog

About Us

Press

Careers

Bridges

Community

In the Studio

Gallery

Forum

DAZ STORE

Shop

Freebies

Published Artists

Licensing Agreement | Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | EULA

© 2026 Daz Productions Inc. All Rights Reserved.