-
The Wrong Place, Wrong Time Complaint ThreadJaderail said:
Here in the deep south Mr. AirCon becomes your best friend. It pulls so much water out of the house (widow units) I have wet loving Elephant Ear plants under them. They do very well every year.tjohn said:starionwolf said:Jaderail said:LOL Humid, in my part of the land Misty would have melted long ago. Temps in the 90's often with humids that make it feel like 103F average. But we here are raised in it so its nada to us mostly.eww.. lol Me and Misty will melt if we go to the south during the summer. I guess you are used to the heat and humidity Jaderail.
As someone a tad further North (East Tennessee) with the exact same current weather conditions, I can honestly say you can tolerate it, but you never get used to it.deep South? Where are you?
Central Alabama here (just North of Montgomery)...
*CLOSED* RRRR - [Random Runtime Roulette Render] - Classic Contest *Tons of prizes*And yes I've been very remiss in keeping up with everything here...
@Scott-Livingston "Invetero" cover - that's really neat, and you killed two (competition) birds with one stone :)
@Ken OBanion "First Slumber Party" - I love the conductor-girl - I knew someone just like that!
Thanks for your comments too - you really are too kind :red:
@Sasje "Big Trouble" - I love that one - the guard dropping his dinner is a lovely touch.
"Follow Me" - lots going on there, and good animal poses. I love the heroic sword with the flashes of light too!
@Jindi "Totally the Most Romantic..." - neat way to use the Toon Camera if you're not really a "toon-y" person. The story to go with it is really funny - nice posing too.
And thanks for your comments on my previous one - I always wonder if I'm going for overkill with my lists of products used.
@emsim "Beach Battle Bingo" - just when she thought it was safe to go back on the beach... makes a (weird) change from sharks I guess
"The Final Challenge" - those metal shaders look good - I like the way you managed to fit Emotiguy in there!
@Totte "The elevators" - I do like your concept of a skimp dress party! Kind of taking dress-down-Friday a bit far?
"For she, I give five Camel" - nice idea, and those fire-camels are really interesting
@Luci45 "Lottie's Shoe - maybe you found the technicalities tricky, but the result is really lovely - the central man has a wonderfully wistful look on his face.
@cecilia.robinson "Dangers & Dumbies" - I know next to nothing about RPG so I'm not sure I understood all the text, but I like the result - it looks like a lot of work went into that one.
@Carola O "A Man and His Donkey" - yes, I can see why you'd giggle - that pose is just so OTT!My 4th Pull:
829 = Parkside Heath
1700 = The Clock Collection
1630 = Crocodilia 1 Alligator and Caiman
1367 = The FREAK 4 Skin Maps 01
+ LB Pull Item: 2043 = Ricardi HairstyleFrequency of gift card sales?Yep, I'm with SpottedKitty. The first thing I do around 1:15am (Central Time, USA) is go to the New Release page to see the rotating banner. Gift Card sales show up there, and also it seems to be one of the first pages to change over daily. If you do subscribe to the newsletter, be sure you are getting them- I know mine have stopped several times for no reason whatsoever, and when people were talking about newsletter stuff it clued me in.
DRAGONESIA - DRAGON3 & G2M CLOTHING SET W.I.P [COMMERCIAL]Behind the phone cam hahaha as usual
it was crazy day .. over 1 million people on the street ..WE dropped in the middle of Puerto Rico day Parade too
so we escape the masses and watched movie in 3D with crazy effects when the iron men hit the water on the 3D silver screen , real water shot into the public ruining my hairdo lol.. but the wind from the rackets made it worse after hahah but it was cool .. not to mention electric shocks from Thorn hammer
my friends surprised me with that, I was hoping for just a quiet picnicking in the Central Park WEST in Strawberry Fields ( photo bellow ) so beautiful on this time of year and also the famous memorial mosaic IMAGINE of John Lennon " imagination is greater than knowledge "
it was just pre-b-day .. no cake , no b-day girl YET!RAMWolff said:Nice pics hon. Where are you birthday girl?? XOYour DAZ 3D Gallery Links:
Wow... Cool!RingoMonfort said:I think this one way to showcase in a central area images that have been done with Carrara and other DAZ 3D products.
As we have noticed DAZ 3D is now using images from the Galleries in all areas of the DAZ 3D webpages.
I would LOVE for them to use some of your Carrara render images.Please start taking advantage of the new Gallery area here at DAZ 3D.
Thank You everyone!
I haven't even been to the DAZ 3D Galleries before this. Great idea to start this thread, Ringo. Thanks for that.
All of you whom have posted your galleries here, I'm looking through them all and loving what I'm seeing! Very nice work you all! :)
Thanks for sharing!Your DAZ 3D Gallery Links:I think this one way to showcase in a central area images that have been done with Carrara and other DAZ 3D products.
As we have noticed DAZ 3D is now using images from the Galleries in all areas of the DAZ 3D webpages.
I would LOVE for them to use some of your Carrara render images.Please start taking advantage of the new Gallery area here at DAZ 3D.
Thank You everyone!
ot: to writers/authors, sequels, do you stick to formula? better to be unpredictable? + misc stuffJaderail said:If you are really into writing and wish to do it well I highly suggest this
The Screenwriters Bible, it is full of those how too's when too's and why's. It also shows how to develop characters over time or present them fully developed at the start of a story and work it in properly. It may say Screen Writer but works just as well for books.That's good info. I may have to pick that up. I've been working on a collection of short stories (for decades!). Most of them are in the same 'universe' and support a common theme. Most of the characters only last for one short story. There's really only one character who appears across multiple stories and time spans. He's far from the central character, tho. Each one has it's own central characters. After finishing one story, I came across the writings and TV shows of Joseph Campbell. The story I had just written had unconsciously followed Joseph Campbell's definition of the Hero's Journey to the letter.
And then, there are some stories I've written, or started on, that have absolutely nothing to do with anything else...
Flash Sale alertsRebelMommy has many at 86% off but not Flash Sale (yet.)
http://www.daz3d.com/rebelmommyI always check the side menus to see if there's sale products that aren't in the rotating banner, and that store isn't currently listed. (at 3:30am Central Time.)
Non-photorealistic rendering in C8.5 ProAnyone have experience with the non-photorealistic renderer?
I've tried several objects - and some show this behavior, where part of object doesn't render at all or much. Fiddling with parameters like cranking length and thickness of brush all the way up to 200 and 500% respectively sometimes helps in conjunction with setting min brush size up to its maximum of 5% along with other trial and error changes - but not really workable at this point.
Looked in the old manual and still not sure why only that central panel of cape was rendering.
Thanks for any suggestions.
My attempt to create clothes in Blender using SinckleYeld´s tutorialGood progress there Dave. Sickleyield's the best. Yep, I'm a fan too and was inspired to get to grips with Blender and create content myself.
I've had the same mirror problem. I think Sickleyield does mention it somewhere, but basically it's an issue with the central point of the geometry (the origin) not being at the edge. It's like holding an actual mirror, and the origin point is where the mirror is going to be held, which means you don't get the entire reflection. So you need to move it to the middle edge by moving the cursor there (click where you want it to be), and then you can do Shift+Ctrl+Alt+C and move the origin to the cursor.
I hope that's some help.
The Wrong Place, Wrong Time Complaint Thread1gecko said:ps1borg said:starionwolf said:ps1borg said:It sounds real pretty. One thing about Aus you notice straightaway is teh awesome flatness going on forever :)The countryside is kinda pretty. The cities can be far apart.
I found a car that has the steering wheel on the right side. The minimum driving age in most states of Australia is 17 but Julie is younger. lol
Photo courtesy of Yasser Alghofily https://www.flickr.com/photos/4yas/6140034948
I used to dive in the caves at Port MacDonnel not far from Mount Gambier. Gambier is an old (really really old) volcano, has a bottomless lake that is quite marvellous on the edge of a couple of deserts :)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blue_Lake_(South_Australia)
holy CRAP?!?!? You were a cave diver!?!?!
... and here I always thought you were the sane one of the bunch of us! O.o
don't get me wrong - it's beautiful and all, but that is a pursuit with a shockingly high mortality rate (and, being an unlucky individual, I am prone to being 'risk adverse'!)
Always felt safe and in capable hands and never had any trouble, but was never a proper spelunker either, more a weekend tourist kinda thing. There are spectacular caves in the central Australian aquifer you can only get to with a dive :)
DAZ Studio Pro 4.6.3.52, General Release, Now Available for Download!Greetings,
Just a note, @DAZ_Spooky, it was probably lost in the noise, having been posted before a long weekend, but DAZ Studio is REALLY chatty with the PostgreSQL server. It doesn't make much difference when talking to localhost, but talking over even a little bit of a network link it becomes bog-slow.For example, I notice it commits every action, even when it's doing a bulk set of operations, instead of wrapping the set of operations in a transaction and committing at the end. Also when I go to a directory in Content Manager the first time, it seems to send a bunch of information about the items in that directory to the database...not sure what it's doing (probably the 'new' flagging stuff?) but it slows it down a bit.
Most of this only matters for me because I was trying to set up a central CMS database server for all my systems. It worked which is amazingly awesome, but it's almost too slow to use, unfortunately. (I now have a database with 2590 entries in tblProduct, populated over the long weekend...)
dazcms=# select count(*) from "tblProduct"; count ------- 2590Oh, and I also had the white-out screen where DAZ Studio lost all its styling. I had to uninstall and reinstall to get it to work again.
-- Morgan
Take to the Floor DS Gobo LightingI'm sorry to hear you are having issues with the lights. Are you using the pre made presets or are you trying to create your own options from the sub folders?
The lights should load in central to the scene, the same as how genesis does.
If so, if you are trying to create your own presets? Please remember when adding multiple lights in a scene in DS, you need to hold down the 'alt' key on the keyboard so it doesn't automatically delete the lights you have loaded into the scene.
If you load in one of the pre created light presets do the lights still not render?
The Wrong Place, Wrong Time Complaint Threadps1borg said:Madbat said:ps1borg said:Madbat said:starionwolf said:Madbat said:[I remember that! I live in central Alberta and we were completely hazed over from that.Thanks for sharing the story about the eruption of Mount Saint Helens. The following is kinda off topic but my uncle invited me to visit him in Calgary.
I haven't been down there in over 10 years! Nice view of the mountains, we don't get that up here, but it's close to the tourist trap we call Banff.It sounds real pretty. One thing about Aus you notice straightaway is teh awesome flatness going on forever :)
Sounds like Saskatchewan.
what a great-sounding place name :)
It's bald, and flat-flat-flat.
And windy.Ok, the north has trees, but south...holy crap, it's flat. Common Saskatchewan joke: My dog ran away....took him 3 days.
The name is derived from Cree meaning swift flowing.
Oh...Atmospheric camera+IBL=Forevaar! I need more ram. I have 16gb now, but I'd like 32, but for that I need a new motherboard. and likely a new processor to go with it.....
it never ends....The Wrong Place, Wrong Time Complaint ThreadMadbat said:ps1borg said:Madbat said:starionwolf said:Madbat said:[I remember that! I live in central Alberta and we were completely hazed over from that.Thanks for sharing the story about the eruption of Mount Saint Helens. The following is kinda off topic but my uncle invited me to visit him in Calgary.
I haven't been down there in over 10 years! Nice view of the mountains, we don't get that up here, but it's close to the tourist trap we call Banff.It sounds real pretty. One thing about Aus you notice straightaway is teh awesome flatness going on forever :)
Sounds like Saskatchewan.
what a great-sounding place name :)
The Wrong Place, Wrong Time Complaint Threadps1borg said:Madbat said:starionwolf said:Madbat said:[I remember that! I live in central Alberta and we were completely hazed over from that.Thanks for sharing the story about the eruption of Mount Saint Helens. The following is kinda off topic but my uncle invited me to visit him in Calgary.
I haven't been down there in over 10 years! Nice view of the mountains, we don't get that up here, but it's close to the tourist trap we call Banff.It sounds real pretty. One thing about Aus you notice straightaway is teh awesome flatness going on forever :)
Sounds like Saskatchewan.
The Wrong Place, Wrong Time Complaint ThreadMadbat said:starionwolf said:Madbat said:[I remember that! I live in central Alberta and we were completely hazed over from that.Thanks for sharing the story about the eruption of Mount Saint Helens. The following is kinda off topic but my uncle invited me to visit him in Calgary.
I haven't been down there in over 10 years! Nice view of the mountains, we don't get that up here, but it's close to the tourist trap we call Banff.It sounds real pretty. One thing about Aus you notice straightaway is teh awesome flatness going on forever :)
The Wrong Place, Wrong Time Complaint ThreadMadbat said:starionwolf said:Madbat said:[I remember that! I live in central Alberta and we were completely hazed over from that.Thanks for sharing the story about the eruption of Mount Saint Helens. The following is kinda off topic but my uncle invited me to visit him in Calgary.
I haven't been down there in over 10 years! Nice view of the mountains, we don't get that up here, but it's close to the tourist trap we call Banff.I remember the F-Troop episode about the Burglar of Banff. :-P
Dana
The Wrong Place, Wrong Time Complaint Threadstarionwolf said:Madbat said:[I remember that! I live in central Alberta and we were completely hazed over from that.Thanks for sharing the story about the eruption of Mount Saint Helens. The following is kinda off topic but my uncle invited me to visit him in Calgary.
I haven't been down there in over 10 years! Nice view of the mountains, we don't get that up here, but it's close to the tourist trap we call Banff.The Wrong Place, Wrong Time Complaint ThreadMadbat said:[I remember that! I live in central Alberta and we were completely hazed over from that.Thanks for sharing the story about the eruption of Mount Saint Helens. The following is kinda off topic but my uncle invited me to visit him in Calgary.













