-
Spaceship Bridge or Command Center
Well, it's definitely an interesting use of the parts. I do see a number of problems with it though, that the Kibarreto set doesn't have, and even some things your set-up creates that the stock Control Room lacks. First off, don't use "rolling" chairs, not on a moving vessel. All of the seats need to be anchored to the floor. You'll notice this in both sets. If the seats are not anchored to the floor, they'll fly around the room, crashing into everything when the ship accelerates or decelerates, and with every maneuver it attempts. Secondly, use all of the same types of seats. I'm curious to know where those two seats down in front came from, as they're certainly not from either set. They look more like gunner's chairs, and as such would seem more appropriate for the gun turrets than the bridge.baldorvadras said:What if I resize the Control room?Another problem is the shape of the consoles themselves. Their "quarter circle" and "semi circle" layout is fine for a small cockpit, but it's not really suited for a larger bridge, especially the way you have them laid out. Your layout makes very poor use of space, making it even harder to maneuver around the room than necessary. For starters, the two control consoles on the starboard side, were designed for the port side (or are they copies of the central console?). By having the consoles just out 90° then arch around parallel to the wall, you make it harder for the crew to get to and from their stations. They need to be set up so that the console starts running along the wall and then arching out 90°, just like the promotional images show. As it stands now, those two crew members will have a very hards time getting to their stations, especially the one further back. They're blocked in. They also block access to the front of the cabin from the starboard side. The central rear consoles too. The semi-circle configuration was designed to fit the nose of the cockpit, for a single individual, not two people towards the back. If you look at the Kibarreto set, their is only one console station set up in a somewhat "semi-circle" configuration, and it's placed at the very front. All of the other stations tend to be straight so that the people have better access to their stations. Whether your ship has a large bridge or a small cabin, idea is efficient use of space maximizing crew maneuverability within the room. It's not simply a matter of cramming as many seats into as small a space as possible.
If you look at the this image and this imageof the Nostromo's bridge, you'll notice how easy it is to move around the cabin, despite the smaller space. There are two aisles giving every crew member easy access to his or her station. All of the stations (whether centrally located or against the outer wall) open out to one of those aisles. You've designed an even larger bridge, with a lot of open space up front, but made it far more difficult for crew to access their stations in the back and starboard side.
*closed* RRRR Back to renders contest *Tons of prizes!*No, I decided to stay focused and start on my ebook series.( A shameless plug- in case people haven't read it on my art studio thread, a published author with a series out on Amazon who also has a book with TEMPLATES (yes, squeee!) is going to be the guest on my Art Studio thread this Friday at 8pm Central to help folks, interact with other authors, and answer questions. (go to Forums page, down to Art Studio. Click and look for my thread.) You can ask Scot about marketing, publishing, rendering- he uses Daz products and Poser. He also works for a book company! (We just emailed, discussing embedded text in images- interesting. He'll discuss that too.)
The RRRR have been delightful- so many of these, you'd be hard pressed to tell what items were drawn because they look so good together, you'd think it was planned. The lighting has been awesome. And of course, I always enjoy when Ken gets plopped into scenes (yes, did wonder where that drink went! He, being the kind soul that he is, probably gave it to someone passing by in the mall.) Although I'm not participating, I will definitely be voting and you folks are again making this terribly, terribly hard. Your Mech, Totte's Wedding, Luci's Camp- I mean that's just one page!! Oh my! And it's nice to see more people playing :)
NEW! Novica & Invited Guest Contributors Tips & Product Reviews Pt 5Exciting Opportunity!
I am thrilled to announce that I will be hosting a guest author on the thread this Friday, 7pm Central Time. (EDIT: MOVED TO 8PM) R. Scot Johns from Fantasy Castle Books (go to the dot com) will be live on the thread at that time to answer your questions about ebook publishing. I personally have his book, "How To Make Kindle Comics and Graphic Novels" (A Step By Step Guide) and it is SO detailed and concise that I asked Scot if he would do us the honor of answering questions about publishing with Amazon, using DAZ products in his eBooks, and marketing strategies. He has shared some of his renders with me and we've been corresponding and I thought, "Gosh, this is a shame to keep all this good stuff to myself," so I am tickled that you can have access to this very generous man who has steered me straight for eBook publishing.
One thing about Scot's book is the access to templates (yes, ready to go!) for your ebooks. They are a companion to his book and very thorough. From the FantasyCastleBooks site, the book is described as, ""How to Make Kindle Comics & Graphic Novels" by R. Scot Johns, featuring 18 pages of sample content for use in creating fixed layout illustrated ebooks for the Kindle. Spanning the gamut from simple, image-only pages to complex interactive layers, it demonstrates with practical examples every aspect of Kindle fixed layout code, from live text overlays to image and text zoom functions, with many unique examples of their use."
Scot's other books include "The Saga of Beowulf" series, "Theft of the Rhinegold" (Part 1 of The Ring Saga).
Scot has been a big help regarding fixed format and the KF8 formatting. Obviously, being DAZ and Poser users, we want to have images in our books and covers, and Scot has been a big help.
I want you to see something cool- look at this promo- the very end, the boat sails into the cover! Scot does Photoshop, is a Poser user, and you can ask him about his animation work too.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KerYlFxk_yM#t=23I'm excited and motivated. :)
*closed* RRRR Back to renders contest *Tons of prizes!*tag:luci45#7
Miss Kitty's at the Mall
Treasury of Books
Tex
If You Build It - Picket Hitch
Fontaine
LB - Amazonian Antshrike (m/f)
LB - Miss Kitty's LBM5 Casual Male
Lorenzo and Loretta
The Central District Subway
Streets
Aslan Court 3
Billboard Poses for Michael 6
Shaw texture & mostly Gianni morph
Free Shopping Bag by apcgraficos (Rendo)
Everyday Stationery textures on shopping bags
Yago texture & Genesis Evolution Morphs
M4 urbanwear Shirt w Fabricator Knit texture
TnC Pants and Shoes
Gabriella texture & various morphs
Summer Night Ensemble
Charming
Mall Girl for Genesis
Timeless Hair
Metro Hotel Vignette
Le Village bookstore
West Park Administration Level
Summer Dress for Genesis Breezy texture Purse & EarringsThe I lost my sheep Complaint threadchohole said:Misty Whisky said:Richard Haseltine said:Misty Whisky said:so, the Gauls became France and the Franks became Germany? but Franks sounds closer to France?Visigoths became Spain?
Picts and Celts, hmm, in the same time period?
Etruscans.
Gauls (and Britons) were both Celtic. Picts were the ancient inhabitants of Scotland, pre-Celtic. Etruscans were the pre-Roman power in northern and central Italy, suppressed and absorbed by Rome. Franks were one of the groups of Germanic invaders as Rome fell, and yes settled in northern France pushing the Celts to the periphery (as "Saxons", really a motley group of peoples, did in Britain). Visigoths were as you say (again leaving Celts in the fringes, in Gallicia).
From what I recall, no fact-checking performed for this post.
wondering if the Iceni survived at all? i read the one Boudicca story, but no mention afterwards.was watching the closing credits of Underworld movie, there were a few Attila names in there.
Huns must be the root of Hungary ;)it would be interesting to see the family tree of Her Majesty.
somehow Britain lost all their royal heirs, so they brought in monarchs from Germany?or Charlemagne's family tree
Cromwell was the depressing King.
The Iceni were one of the original tribes which were living in Britain prior to the Roman Invasion. At that time Britain was didvided up into tribal areas, which was one reason why the Romans found it so easy to get a hold on Britain.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/history/ancient/british_prehistory/iron_01.shtml
thanks for that link.
The I lost my sheep Complaint threadMisty Whisky said:Richard Haseltine said:Misty Whisky said:so, the Gauls became France and the Franks became Germany? but Franks sounds closer to France?Visigoths became Spain?
Picts and Celts, hmm, in the same time period?
Etruscans.
Gauls (and Britons) were both Celtic. Picts were the ancient inhabitants of Scotland, pre-Celtic. Etruscans were the pre-Roman power in northern and central Italy, suppressed and absorbed by Rome. Franks were one of the groups of Germanic invaders as Rome fell, and yes settled in northern France pushing the Celts to the periphery (as "Saxons", really a motley group of peoples, did in Britain). Visigoths were as you say (again leaving Celts in the fringes, in Gallicia).
From what I recall, no fact-checking performed for this post.
wondering if the Iceni survived at all? i read the one Boudicca story, but no mention afterwards.was watching the closing credits of Underworld movie, there were a few Attila names in there.
Huns must be the root of Hungary ;)it would be interesting to see the family tree of Her Majesty.
somehow Britain lost all their royal heirs, so they brought in monarchs from Germany?or Charlemagne's family tree
Cromwell was the depressing King.
The Iceni were one of the original tribes which were living in Britain prior to the Roman Invasion. At that time Britain was didvided up into tribal areas, which was one reason why the Romans found it so easy to get a hold on Britain.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/history/ancient/british_prehistory/iron_01.shtml
The I lost my sheep Complaint threadRichard Haseltine said:Misty Whisky said:so, the Gauls became France and the Franks became Germany? but Franks sounds closer to France?Visigoths became Spain?
Picts and Celts, hmm, in the same time period?
Etruscans.
Gauls (and Britons) were both Celtic. Picts were the ancient inhabitants of Scotland, pre-Celtic. Etruscans were the pre-Roman power in northern and central Italy, suppressed and absorbed by Rome. Franks were one of the groups of Germanic invaders as Rome fell, and yes settled in northern France pushing the Celts to the periphery (as "Saxons", really a motley group of peoples, did in Britain). Visigoths were as you say (again leaving Celts in the fringes, in Gallicia).
From what I recall, no fact-checking performed for this post.
wondering if the Iceni survived at all? i read the one Boudicca story, but no mention afterwards.was watching the closing credits of Underworld movie, there were a few Attila names in there.
Huns must be the root of Hungary ;)it would be interesting to see the family tree of Her Majesty.
somehow Britain lost all their royal heirs, so they brought in monarchs from Germany?or Charlemagne's family tree
Cromwell was the depressing King.
The I lost my sheep Complaint threadMisty Whisky said:so, the Gauls became France and the Franks became Germany? but Franks sounds closer to France?Visigoths became Spain?
Picts and Celts, hmm, in the same time period?
Etruscans.
Gauls (and Britons) were both Celtic. Picts were the ancient inhabitants of Scotland, pre-Celtic. Etruscans were the pre-Roman power in northern and central Italy, suppressed and absorbed by Rome. Franks were one of the groups of Germanic invaders as Rome fell, and yes settled in northern France pushing the Celts to the periphery (as "Saxons", really a motley group of peoples, did in Britain). Visigoths were as you say (again leaving Celts in the fringes, in Gallicia).
From what I recall, no fact-checking performed for this post.
NEW! Novica & Invited Guest Contributors Tips & Product Reviews Pt 5Well, got some goodies. And got Aiko 6 for .13 (yep, thirteen CENTS.) I picked through the Pro Bundle because there is a lot that I wouldn't use, got a few of the hairs and both poses. All of it was 65% off and then I used my punch rewards.
From the emails and PMs, a lot of us picked up Venom Hair. Be sure and note it has a texture set too. You only have about 45 minutes left to shop btw, the site turns over at about 1am-1:10am Central time. I got the rabbit hutch by Noggins and the rabbit (goes great for country renders, goes with the chicken coop) and we need a more up to date rabbit (hint, vendors! These look almost bald.)
http://www.daz3d.com/noggins-rabbit-hutch
http://www.daz3d.com/noggins-rabbit-and-hare
http://www.daz3d.com/country-resort-bundle (my big wishlist item)
http://www.daz3d.com/female-business-suit-2-for-genesis-2-female-s (as I said, I love the skirt.)
http://www.daz3d.com/townhouse
http://www.daz3d.com/townhouse-street-propsThe September Carrara Challenge : Just Say NO to Flat 3D - Spinning a Popular Themediomede64 said:Bunyip02 said:Title:- Vicki6 in Provence with Nightstorm (ConceptCar)Not quite mud-splatters.
I have tried to redo Vicki6 with another pose and a change of colours for her clothes.
Is there another way to get the correct fit other than updating via the Model room ?Seems the more I do the worse it gets.
Have followed the Learning Carrara tutorials but not having much joy on this part.Footpath shader worked out well once I resized it.
Aaaargh. I feel for you. If you don't have poke-away as Dustrider suggests, I have a couple of other suggestions.
- Parent clothes and G2F to a supergroup, not to each other. Then use "fit to" for the clothes to G2F. If you have closed the file and reopened it, try ungrouping everything and unfitting everything, then create a new supergroup with the figure and clothes and then use fit to again. Silly, but has worked for from time to time.
- Judging by the screenshots, it appears your character has long sleeves and long pants. You really only need the G2F head, neck, hands, and feet. You could create a new shading domain on the G2F and make it invisible. In the attached screenshots, I highlighted the actor level of G2F, entered the vertex modeler, and used the lasso tool to select the central body and limbs. Creating a new shading domain and adjusting the alpha leaves only the head, hands, and feet, which should work for you.
- You could use Daz Studio to pose and clothe your figure, then export as an .obj. Import in Carrara and place where wanted.
- You could also use the displacement shader on the clothes to expand them slightly (suggestion originated with Manstan, I think).
- Similar to the Manstan method, you could highlight the actor level of the clothes, enter the vertex modeler, ignore the topology protection warning, use select all, and increase the size of the clothing to 101% or something similar.
-
Diomede 64, Dustrider, and Evilproducer
Many thanks for all of the suggestions, but I have grabbed the Poke-Away, so will give that a try first up.
Very interested in the other methods as well, but it looks like the Poke-Away is the pick of the crop.Had a quick break from the Challenge and did a Critter Render in Carrara as well, for a Noobie quickie was very happy with it.
Will put it in the Post Your Renders thread.Back to the challenge tomorrow, hopefully Vicki6 will be a lot happier with those clothes moths sorted out !!!!!!!
Many thanks for the info on how to fix the problem - much appreciated !!!!!!!
Regards, Bunyip
The September Carrara Challenge : Just Say NO to Flat 3D - Spinning a Popular ThemeBunyip02 said:Title:- Vicki6 in Provence with Nightstorm (ConceptCar)Not quite mud-splatters.
I have tried to redo Vicki6 with another pose and a change of colours for her clothes.
Is there another way to get the correct fit other than updating via the Model room ?Seems the more I do the worse it gets.
Have followed the Learning Carrara tutorials but not having much joy on this part.Footpath shader worked out well once I resized it.
Aaaargh. I feel for you. If you don't have poke-away as Dustrider suggests, I have a couple of other suggestions.
- Parent clothes and G2F to a supergroup, not to each other. Then use "fit to" for the clothes to G2F. If you have closed the file and reopened it, try ungrouping everything and unfitting everything, then create a new supergroup with the figure and clothes and then use fit to again. Silly, but has worked for from time to time.
- Judging by the screenshots, it appears your character has long sleeves and long pants. You really only need the G2F head, neck, hands, and feet. You could create a new shading domain on the G2F and make it invisible. In the attached screenshots, I highlighted the actor level of G2F, entered the vertex modeler, and used the lasso tool to select the central body and limbs. Creating a new shading domain and adjusting the alpha leaves only the head, hands, and feet, which should work for you.
- You could use Daz Studio to pose and clothe your figure, then export as an .obj. Import in Carrara and place where wanted.
- You could also use the displacement shader on the clothes to expand them slightly (suggestion originated with Manstan, I think).
- Similar to the Manstan method, you could highlight the actor level of the clothes, enter the vertex modeler, ignore the topology protection warning, use select all, and increase the size of the clothing to 101% or something similar.
-
Store listed for discounts, but no discountsI don't know when it got fixed exactly, but it's 10:40p (Central Time) and it seems to be working now with the few stores I checked (that weren't working previously.)
Store listed for discounts, but no discountsI know this has to be frustrating to the vendors as well. It's got to be costing some sales because it's 5:30pm (Central time) and still not fixed. I do have to say I really appreciate all the participating stores- thank you PA's! :)
NEW! Novica & Invited Guest Contributors Tips & Product Reviews Pt 5Well, DAZ sucked me in with the 3 punches instead of 2 on Monday, so I easily got to 5 punches, then with several lower cost/freebies I was up to 8, then with the added 15% off, I went for 10 so I could load up on Aave. I saved $18 overall. But now it's ramen noodles and cheap microwave meals for me and no fast fun runs for a couple weeks. I did just get a free sub sandwich from Firehouse Subs- if you are in the South, the Jacksonville Jaguars have a page on their site (and for phone app) where you buy a medium drink and chips, and get a free medium sub of your choice. (So spend about $2.30 and get $5.50 off) They said they would do that if the Jags got a 40 yard field goal or something like that. It expires today btw.
"This offer is only valid at participating Firehouse Subs locations in North and Central Florida, South Georgia and Charleston, South Carolina. "
Anyone in those areas can PM me and I'll send you the page to print out. This evening only!The I lost my sheep Complaint threadMeh floods everywhere but only slightly damp in Melbourne central. On the upside sunset is all glowy pink and mauve streaked blue, teh awesome :)
Reward PUNCH Counter not workingITS WORKING. My banner just appeared (1:13pm Central Time)
Night & Day City - Product Promo [Commercial]kakman - So pleased you are enjoying it. I have been diverted from working on "City Central" for a week or two, but I should make more progress soon.
Night & Day City - Product Promo [Commercial]PhilW said:I am working on a companion product to Night & Day City, let's call it "City Central" for now, it will provide a range of taller feature buildings, inspired by some famous actual buildings plus a dose of my own imagination. This is a quick and dirty render so not what I would call final quality, but it gives you an idea of what I am working on - the existing Night & Day City in the foreground, the new tall buildings set in the background.Phil,
I really enjoy working with your Night & Day City set and look forward to purchasing any and all “Companion” products that you develop for it. City Central looks very interesting and will hit my “cart” as soon as it is released.
I really appreciate how easy it is to customize all of the different elements of the set including, but not limited to, the signage and the amount and colors of the light emanating from the various building’s windows.
Here is a quick test render using this set.
The I lost my sheep Complaint threadKyoto Kid said:..awake earlier today. Slowly been adjusting my schedule to more of a daytime rather than afternoon/night one in preparation for a workaday life again. Don't have much of a social life anyway.Still need to find a freebie model of one of those personal shopping carts for a scene I'm working on. Also need to get better with Garibaldi Express, to create more "lifelike" hair. In some cases and lighting situations, Transmapped hair doesn't look as good.
*Sigh* PA sale on and only have a bit of credit left. Not a member of PC+ so can't use my 6$ coupie. Need to get cracking on this month's RRRR submission (missed last month due to all the RL rubbish of losing my Net access & such).
Odd, feel like I've been here a good part of the day already and it's not even 09:30.
[football]
NFL Season Kickoff tonight, Green Bay at Seattle. Should be a good one, Packers 5 point favourites. Really looking for a bit of payback after that poorly officiated game a couple years ago with the substitute refs where they totally muffed a call (the NFL afterwards admitted it was a bad call) which gave the game to Seattle. Have a friend who works at the neighbourhood market who is going up for the game today. [insert envy emote here]. I'll just have to go to a pub to watch.
[/football][baseball]
Looks as if the Milwaukee Brewers certainly picked the wrong time of the season to go into a swoon. After leading the NL Central Division since Mid April they are now 3 games behind St Louis after being swept by of all teams, the lowly cellar dwelling Chicago Cubs, extending the current losing streak to 8 games. The once hottest team in the majors has become as ice cold as its hometown's most famous product. Tonight begins a three game series with the now high flying Cardinals which could lead to extending the Brewer's losing streak to double digits as the "big Milwaukee bats" have apparently gone to into hibernation for the coming winter.Look for the slide to continue in September, in spite of Milwaukee bolstering its bullpen through a late August trade with the Cincinnati Reds, and the reigning NL Champion Cardinals once again taking Central Division crown.
[/baseball]
This one is free at Turbosquid. No texture, but you got shaders.
http://www.turbosquid.com/3d-models/shopping-cart-max-free/684366The I lost my sheep Complaint thread..awake earlier today. Slowly been adjusting my schedule to more of a daytime rather than afternoon/night one in preparation for a workaday life again. Don't have much of a social life anyway.
Still need to find a freebie model of one of those personal shopping carts for a scene I'm working on. Also need to get better with Garibaldi Express, to create more "lifelike" hair. In some cases and lighting situations, Transmapped hair doesn't look as good.
*Sigh* PA sale on and only have a bit of credit left. Not a member of PC+ so can't use my 6$ coupie. Need to get cracking on this month's RRRR submission (missed last month due to all the RL rubbish of losing my Net access & such).
Odd, feel like I've been here a good part of the day already and it's not even 09:30.
[football]
NFL Season Kickoff tonight, Green Bay at Seattle. Should be a good one, Packers 5 point favourites. Really looking for a bit of payback after that poorly officiated game a couple years ago with the substitute refs where they totally muffed a call (the NFL afterwards admitted it was a bad call) which gave the game to Seattle. Have a friend who works at the neighbourhood market who is going up for the game today. [insert envy emote here]. I'll just have to go to a pub to watch.
[/football][baseball]
Looks as if the Milwaukee Brewers certainly picked the wrong time of the season to go into a swoon. After leading the NL Central Division since Mid April they are now 3 games behind St Louis after being swept by of all teams, the lowly cellar dwelling Chicago Cubs, extending the current losing streak to 8 games. The once hottest team in the majors has become as ice cold as its hometown's most famous product. Tonight begins a three game series with the now high flying Cardinals which could lead to extending the Brewer's losing streak to double digits as the "big Milwaukee bats" have apparently gone to into hibernation for the coming winter.Look for the slide to continue in September, in spite of Milwaukee bolstering its bullpen through a late August trade with the Cincinnati Reds, and the reigning NL Champion Cardinals once again taking Central Division crown.
[/baseball]












