• Daz 3D
  • Shop
  • 3D Software
    • Daz Studio Premier
    • Daz Studio
    • Install Manager
    • Exporters
    • Daz to Roblox
    • Daz to Maya
    • Daz to Blender
    • Daz to Unreal
    • Daz to Unity
    • Daz to 3ds Max
    • Daz to Cinema 4D
  • 3D Models
    • Genesis 9
    • Genesis 8.1
    • Free 3D Models
    • Game Ready
  • Community
    • Gallery
    • Forums
    • Blog
    • Press
    • Help
  • Memberships
    • Daz Premier
    • Daz Plus
    • Daz Base
    • Compare
  • AI Solutions
  • Download Studio
  • Menu
  • Daz 3D
  • Shop
  • 3d Software
    • Daz Studio Premier
    • Daz Studio
    • Install Manager
    • Exporters
    • Daz to Roblox
    • Daz to Maya
    • Daz to Blender
    • Daz to Unreal
    • Daz to Unity
    • Daz to 3ds Max
    • Daz to Cinema 4D
  • 3D Models
    • Genesis 9
    • Genesis 8.1
    • Free 3D Models
  • Community
    • Our Community
    • Gallery
    • Forums
    • Blog
    • Press
    • Help
  • Memberships
    • Daz Premier
    • Daz Plus
    • Daz Base
    • Compare
  • AI Solutions

Notifications

You currently have no notifications.

Loading...
Daz 3D Forums > Search
  • NEW! Novica & Invited Guest Contributors Tips & Product Reviews Pt 5

    Thanks Melanie- I also put it in the References section of the thread under Dynamic Clothing. :) That way when I go to do some dynamic clothing I'll know exactly where to look for my reminder.

    Everyone remember that Khory will be on the thread tomorrow night at 7pm Central time :)

    By

    Novica Novica November 2014 in Art Studio
  • Reality is back ! (COMMERCIAL)

    tjohn said:
    Some characters come with Reality texture settings. How does one access them?

    @tjohn That's a good question because I just installed Cake One's Persephone. And while the folders show up in the Directory the Reality shaders don't, for some reason :question:

    EDIT: Found this solution here

    Cake One said:
    This may sound silly but how does one go about using the files in the RealityCF component? I've skimmed the Reality User Guide and the only mention of .rsf format file is the fact that they used to be used before a central database was implemented.

    Hi Simon
    It's not silly, don't worry :)

    I know Reality uses mostly ACSEL Share, but i'm not really fan of that system.
    Having the rsf files, and loading them WHEN you want to use them only, seems to me one of the best way to control the shaders used.

    If you have any more concern, please, feel free to ask, i stay around

    Here is a copy of what i wrote in the readme file, hoping it can help you, as proceeding the way i explain it works perfectly :)
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    REALITY

    The reality shaders are located in :
    My DAZ 3D Library/RealityShaders/Persephone

    To use them :

    Load your genesis 2 female character with persephone textures on it. (it can be used with OTHER TEXTURES TOO)
    In DAZ STUDIO, click Render > Reality Render
    In the material tab, select ALL the genesis 2 female materials
    (click on the first one, press SHIFT and click on the last one. All of them should be selected)

    When all the material are selected, click on "shader operation" on the right part of the window
    select "load shader"
    Now navigate to "My Studio library", double click on it, select Realityshader, and inside you'll find a "Persephone" folder.
    Now you don't need to select any file, you just click on "Choose" and it will load all the shaders.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


    Tried it and it works a treat: the settings go where they're supposed to be for Reality; and while I do like fiddling around with material settings, can't deny the convenience ;-)

    By

    3dLux 3dLux November 2014 in Daz PA Commercial Products
  • windows 8.1 pro question

    chohole said:
    It costs more to get annoyed by the interface?

    But as pointed out by others, the "Enterprise" version of Windows8.1 (equivalent to Windows7 "Ultimate") has features primarily useful for large office environments where they connect to large servers and assign privileges and applications to various people groups with differing needs, and the systems are maintained by a small staff of technicians who manage system upgrades and software changes from a central location. The extra features of "Ultimate" are not things that are needed by a typical home or even small office environment.

    The less sophisticated "Pro" version has a few extra networking or security features that might be useful for a knowledgeable user in his home especially if the user has more than one computer in the home that he uses to exchange data with. Also, the "Pro" version is needed if you expect to connect across the Internet to your business office environment and exchange data from your business computers.

    There is a still less sophisticated version than the "Pro" but I haven't paid attention to what it is called, let's call it for the sake of argument the "standard" version. It is probably OK for the typical home user with only one computer who uses the Internet but doesn't exchange much data with his other home computers. It should be able to run sophisticated graphics programs just as well as the "Pro" version as long as your computer has enough memory.

    As I finish this little essay, I remember that there might be a difference in the amount of memory supported by the "Ultimate", "Pro", and "standard" versions. I do know that the "Pro" version supports at least 8GB (and probably 16GB) of memory but the "Ultimate" version supports much more, let's say 64GB. But I don't know the exact numbers for sure.

    There might be more information here:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_8_editions

    By

    LeatherGryphon LeatherGryphon November 2014 in The Commons
  • ot: scifi to real life? centrifugal force in space?

    Does a yo-yo work on a spinning space station?

    Let's be clear, we're talking about a doughnut shaped classic space station like in the movie "2001" where people walk around on the inside of the outer rim. The real International Space Station is only a hollow tube. Floating in the middle of a hollow tube spinning around you would not have any gravitational effect whatsoever!

    But assuming the classical doughnut space station, I would say yes a yo-yo would work just fine. However, it might exhibit some strange behavior if the radius of the spin is short. I haven't worked out the mathematics but if you are standing on the "floor" and flip a yo-yo downward toward your feet the yo-yo might drift to one side slightly if the radius of the space station is not much longer than your height or the rate of spin is large. I suspect that if such a "drift" occurs it would be less noticeable if your space station were much larger or the spin rate slower. Let's say a radius of 100 feet instead of 10 feet. And certainly with a space station radius of 1000 feet the yo-yo behavior would be almost normal because at that radius the spin rate would need not be very large to create a force equal to normal Earth gravity.

    Point being that our common world experience of "gravity" is essentially an "acceleration". Similarly the force on a yo-yo moving along inside the edge of a spinning space station is also an "acceleration" although the causes of the acceleration are different.
    The acceleration on Earth that we call "gravity" is caused by the concentration of mass (the Earth) causing a curvature of space, and objects free to move will "slide down" this curvature of space to as low as they can get.

    The acceleration of an object on a spinning space station is caused by a continual change of angular momentum.

    However, I don't think gravity is even necessary for a yo-yo to work. The mass of a yo-yo flung in some direction in the absence of gravity will spin normally and when it reaches the end of the string will likely have enough friction with the string loop on its central peg to start winding up the string. The trick would be to keep the yo-yo from bouncing in odd directions without gravity to keep the string taught. It's probably already been tried on the International Space Station. Ask some 3rd grader. It might be possible but would be a learned skill.

    Edited to add:
    But now that I think about this a little, the force on an object in your hand while you are standing on the inside of the outer rim of a doughnut shaped spinning space station is certainly an acceleration. However, once you let go of the object it will fly off at a particular direction at a constant velocity (acceleration =0) because the spin of the space station is no longer acting on it causing a change in its angular momentum. At the point it is let go, it has a direction and velocity, and in the absence of any other force or object in its way it will continue in that direction at that velocity forever. Unlike an object in Earth's gravity which once free to fall still has the force of gravity working on it and will continue to accelerate and get faster and faster.

    As long as the yo-yo is connected to you by a taught string it is still essentially attached to the space station and still getting a change of angular momentum causing an "acceleration" so "yes" a yo-yo should work in that situation.

    By

    LeatherGryphon LeatherGryphon November 2014 in The Commons
  • Louis Kahn: The secrets of projects never built.

    One of my favorite architects, Louis Kahn, has made some great....if not interesting modern architecture, and is unarguably one of the most influential architects of the 20th century. The Washington University hosted a competition in the 50's to build a library, but they went with another design. If it had been built, it would today be a huge asset worth a fortune to the university. Keep in mind, a simple, one room house built by Louis Kahn sold for millions alone.

    At first glance there isn't really anything special about the design, it actually looks rather primitive. It's alluded as a pyramid design, but it's blocky and very simplistic.

    But what I found most interesting about it, was when I modeled it, I could then fully realize the architects intentions of the design. There was quite a bit more to the design elements than I expected. I did add some of my own minor detail changes, but the over all shape and placement of elements are identical. It's possible that the actual materials used would have been primarily stone slabs and brick of gray and tan coloring. The model is not fully complete.....and it's virtually impossible to infer what the inside would have looked like.

    When the building is viewed as if a person from ground level, that's when you start to notice the architects vision.

    There's a few things going on with this building.

    When viewed from ground level, the building does take on a more triangular pyramid shape with some interesting lines/shapes going on in the center. This design element is very indicative of a Louis Kahn style if you've seen his other work, even if not his best work. So even though it may look like a blocky pyramid from above or the side, it wouldn't look like that from a ground level.

    The building also plays with reflection, when viewed where the entrance would be (the central inner corners), the reflection off the glass created a kind of ghost silhouette reflection down the center. Much of the buildings qualities seem to be focused in this area, which is probably why he chose that area to be the entrance.

    Another interesting element is how the building plays with light. If the inner corners of the building are aligned with the suns rotation, which is probably what Louis Kahn most likely intended, as the sun passes over the pyramid and sets, it reflects off of each floor and lights up the panels in the windows, creating a light pattern effect to those seeing the building. Floor by floor gets lit up.

    Then there's a final element. Once the sun reaches full sunset, the reflection angles are such that the entire buildings window panels get lit up all at once, which would make the building shimmer almost like rows of jewels as the sky goes dark. With your back to the sunset facing the building, this would make the building look almost as if it was artificially lighted all over.


    If you would like to read a little more about this: http://socks-studio.com/2013/11/19/an-unbuilt-project-by-l-kahn-the-library-of-the-washington-university/

    By

    useroperator useroperator November 2014 in Art Studio
  • Vendor Chats / Render The Vendor

    The schedule for Vendor Chats / Render The Vendor

    The Vendor Chat is held on Fridays at 7pm Central time and the Published Artist will check for other questions/ comments on Saturday morning so the different time zones can participate.

    If you have products from this vendor (and ONLY this vendor) the thread is now open to post. KHORY.
    Please do not "reserve" a post with the intention of participating- only finished renders should be posted. We all know Life happens.

    THE LINK TO THE ART STUDIO AND THE FIRST POST OF THE CHAT WILL BE HERE WHEN THE CHAT GOES LIVE.

    November 7th: Khory
    November 14th: Open

    By

    Novica Novica October 2014 in Art Studio
  • Vendor Chats / Render The Vendor

    On Friday, September 26th, I hosted an Author Chat with R.Scot Johns on my Art Studio thread so people who were interested in ebooks could pose questions to an established author. This link takes to you the intro post, then just scroll through and you'll see where the session started.
    http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/44327/P300/#682919

    We learned a lot and so next up, I'm doing Vendor Chat. This is your opportunity to get to know those wonderful folks behind the products you buy- what makes them tick? What advice would they give you when dabbling with modeling or texturing? Who ARE these folks?

    The first Vendor Chat conversation will be live on my Art Studio thread next Friday, featuring Khory. It will start at 7pm Central time, and also Saturday morning when Khory will pop back in to see what questions the overseas folks (and people who were gone on a Friday night) have posted, and she will respond to comments. I have already posted some questions and Khory has been given them some thought so you'll get some valuable insight. I will be the "chat" moderator. (And as such- please note: Personal questions regarding finances are NOT going to allowed- it's none of our business how much a person makes, specifically how much they sell, etc. General questions such as "What's your best selling product?" are fine.)

    In addition, in the Art Studio thread, my Invited Guest Contributors and I will be posting Khory renders this week and next, showcasing the products we own and use. So keep an eye on that :) But we want you to strut your stuff too- you're invited to participate by posting your Render The Vendor in this thread! (And it's quite alright to render a product that has already been done by someone else. Do what you like to do!)

    Please note- ONLY the featured vendor should be posted- this is not a random render thread, it has a specific purpose. Thanks! Current vendor: KHORY.

    Please show your support for the Published Artists- they spend a lot of time on their products and it will be nice for them to see how you've used them. This is designed to increase awareness of the products too so when you post your render, any tips or POSITIVE comments are welcome. You can also ask other artists what they used in the renders.

    The format so it's easy to quickly identify the product(s): The artist(s) and name of the product goes in bold/blue with the product url link directly below it. You can see how it's done in the example below. To go bold and blue, highlight the text with your mouse, go up above the text box and click the < b > and it will go bold. Then you'll need to highlight the text again and click the color drop down- select Blue. Be careful not to get the [ from the word [strong

    You'll be seeing Khory renders popping up all week/weekend/next week in the Art Studio. I'd like to thank Khory for making herself available next Friday so we can get to know her and ask about her experiences as a Published Artist, and her background.

    Any other PA's that would be willing to participate in a Friday night Vendor Chat please PM me. I will reserve the second post and post the schedule if others are interested, and do links for the thread so people can jump to specific vendor sections.

    This could be fun and I don't think it's been done before- I'm just seeing if everyone is interested as the other chat went extremely well.

    EDIT: Please do not link to an image in your gallery, renders need to be posted here.

    **********************************************************
    Posting example for this thread:

    Artists: Khory / OptiTex
    Dynamic Circle Skirt

    http://www.daz3d.com/dynamic-circle-skirt

    This is a skirt product, but I love that Khory included shaders so you can change your shirt products to match the skirt- really nice! The material for the skirt comes in both silk and velvet. The skirt renders at a very good speed.

    TIP: The Shadow Dancer top goes GREAT with Khory's Dynamic Circle Skirt. I love the fact the shirt has three material zones in the sleeves, and separate from the body of the shirt. (If you mention another product in the tips, PLEASE LINK TO IT.)
    http://www.daz3d.com/shadow-dancer-for-v4

    TIP: The red and green makes a great holiday dress- and velvet is certainly a wonderful material for that! Where's Santa?

    (As I mentioned, mine will be posted on the other thread. This was a sample.The rest are here:)
    http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/44327/P780/#704264

    By

    Novica Novica October 2014 in Art Studio
  • want tolearn zbrush for free or almost free.

    Yup!

    YouTube and Vimeo have good tutorials too.

    YouTube quick search: https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=zbrush+tutorial

    Vimeo quick search: http://vimeo.com/search?q=ZBrush+tutorials

    Cris Palomino said:
    You are at so much more of an advantage to learn Zbrush from free sources these days than some years ago. I really recommend the ZClassroom. Also start looking at ZBrush Central. The forums are packed with not only tutorials, but addons, brushes, mini-how-tos and more.

    When you can, a tablet with a pressure sensitive brush is definitely going to take your work to a whole other level.

    By

    RAMWolff RAMWolff October 2014 in The Commons
  • NEW! Novica & Invited Guest Contributors Tips & Product Reviews Pt 5

    Announcement: Chat With A Published Artist: Khory

    Khory's Store
    http://www.daz3d.com/khory

    Mark your calendars for next Friday, November 7th at 7pm (Central time) and also for Saturday (for those overseas to ask questions) because we're having a Published Artist chat and showcase. Khory will be joining us live at that time and I've provided her with this list of questions for an idea of what we would like to know. If you have any other questions, be sure to tune in Friday night / wee hours Saturday morning, Khory is a night owl- or even Saturday, and Khory will be popping in to see if anyone has other questions.

    We had a marvelous response when author Scot Johns graciously donated his time to answer ebook questions, and thought it would be fun to get to know the Published Artists in the same manner. Several of us are doing Khory renders for the products we own and will be showcasing them, and if you other folks would like to show support for Khory and do some renders of her products, that would be fun too! It will be a Khory-a-thon of renders. She has 43 products. I am doing the Dynamic Circle Skirt and chess items first.

    Khory will be addressing some of these/all of these-remember to jot down what you would like to ask and post next Friday!

    What is your art background?
    How long have you been a vendor at DAZ?
    What was your motivation for becoming a PA?
    What was your first product ever released? How did you decide to start with that one?
    What is your favorite product that you have made?
    What are your top five favorite products from others vendors here at DAZ?
    Who are some of your favorite PAs here at DAZ?
    What is one of the biggest challenges of being a PA?
    What advice would you offer someone wanting to enter the PA business?
    What surprised you / impressed you the most about being a PA?
    When do you work on your products- how often/ how long at a time?
    Do you have any hobbies other than art?
    What are your goals regarding your catalog?
    Do you sell on any other sites? Do you have your own website?
    How do you get the ideas for your promo art?
    What is your favorite promo art from your products?
    What is your favorite promo art from other DAZ vendors?
    Is there a favorite time of the year for being a PA- do you like spring, summer, fall, winter?

    And just for fun:
    Do you own any pets? If yes, what are they and their names?
    With total immunity to harm, and only for a few days- If you could go back and observe any period of time in history, when would it be?
    If you could vacation for a week at any location, where would you go?

    Also, as I own several of her dynamic products:
    For Khory: Can you describe what dynamic products are? What goes into making those as opposed to products that aren't dynamic?

    By

    Novica Novica October 2014 in Art Studio
  • want tolearn zbrush for free or almost free.

    You are at so much more of an advantage to learn Zbrush from free sources these days than some years ago. I really recommend the ZClassroom. Also start looking at ZBrush Central. The forums are packed with not only tutorials, but addons, brushes, mini-how-tos and more.

    When you can, a tablet with a pressure sensitive brush is definitely going to take your work to a whole other level.

    By

    Cris Palomino Cris Palomino October 2014 in The Commons
  • The Only “Gust” I Like Begins With “Au-” Complaint Thread.

    Kyoto Kid said:
    ps1borg said:
    There were more than 1000 lightning strikes last night, some of them took out heavy equipment and caused fires down the road from us. Haz rained today hooray :lol:

    ...sounds a lot like Central Florida which is known as "Lightning Alley".

    Are storms like that common there?

    Unusual because it was in the middle of the night and a mass of cold air was moving in at the same time, we got half of October's rainfall in thirty minutes was enough to overwhelm the stormwater drains and flood the inner city :)

    By

    ps1borg ps1borg October 2014 in The Commons
  • The Only “Gust” I Like Begins With “Au-” Complaint Thread.

    ps1borg said:
    There were more than 1000 lightning strikes last night, some of them took out heavy equipment and caused fires down the road from us. Haz rained today hooray :lol:

    ...sounds a lot like Central Florida which is known as "Lightning Alley".

    Are storms like that common there?

    By

    kyoto kid kyoto kid October 2014 in The Commons
  • Saving animations as mp4 video?

    timothyeberry said:
    evilproducer said:
    What type of terrain is it supposed to be? What are you doing for the sky? Are adverse to compositing? Does the camera point at the plane and follow the movement from the ground as it would if it were mounted on a tripod, or does it move along as if it is carried or mounted on a vehicle or dolly?

    At the moment I have no terrain. I hope to add some mountains later. I'm sorta learning as I go along. For now I am using the basic Caribbean sky with clouds with a touch of fog. The plane flies through the fog once in a while. Neat effect. I tried the realistic sky and it was beautiful but incredibly slow to render. Maybe I will use that in the final render. Not sure about what you mean by adverse to compositing. In the first few minutes I have the camera on a tripod and constantly pointing at the plane. Later in the same animation I plan to replicate the path of the plane but have the camera mounted from the pilot's seat and looking out. I've never had any luck with motion paths. It seems it would be perfect if I knew how to make it work. I can never get the object to always point forward in line with the path. Like with this plane, after a turn or so the plane is pointing way out of line. So for now I do it all in key frames. I'm just a 56 year old amateur trying to play with professional 3D software made for those that have brains.

    Sounds like you have a brain to me. :) Plus patience if you keyframed the flight.

    The reason why I asked if you were adverse to compositing is that Carrara can render with an alpha channel, so you could "layer" your renders in a video editor that supports it, rather than render the whole thing in one go. It is certainly possible to do it in one render if you wanted to, but depending on the complexity of the terrain and village, it could take awhile.

    How far away are the mountains? Are they like the Rocky Mountains or the Alps, in that they are tall and dramatic, or are they more like the Ozarks or Smoky Mountains where the are lower and more rounded? My thoughts are that you could do a flat central area with the village and (I assume) air strip) surround by the more hilly or mountainous terrain. and for the extreme distance a simple Infinite Plane.

    The terrains could be replicated using the replicator, or you could use one very large terrain with a flattened area in the middle. If you need any help or specifics on how to do it, we're more than willing to give a hand.

    The other thing that may help is high resolution, spherical render applied as a shader to scene encompassing sphere, with the plane's flight animation within that sphere.

    As an example, the little youtube test video utilizes this spherical render I made. The video only has two objects in it, the ship and the building it is flying towards.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QN6E8ji3oHA

    By

    evilproducer evilproducer October 2014 in Carrara Discussion
  • A new Avatar for Christmas? Here's mine.

    Here is a full res render of my avatar, which also happens to be the central character of my next movie.

    By

    argus1000 argus1000 October 2014 in Carrara Discussion
  • A new Avatar for Christmas? Here's mine.

    Ho Ho ho.

    To celebrate an expected pre-christmas release of Episode 10 of Sci Fi Funk I've changed my avatar all over the place.

    It's Steve Malore, the central character of the series in some dark place. (A cut out of a frame from Ep 10).

    How about you Sir/Madam? A new Avatar for Christmas? Share here for all to enjoy / marvel at.

    Here it is in full res.

    By

    Sci Fi Funk Sci Fi Funk October 2014 in Carrara Discussion
  • "Dorian's Revenge" a Holiday steam dream animation featuring DAZ & Petipet figures

    Thank's Spit. I appreciate the helpful advice and feedback Some complained of motion sickness. Yes, I should probably have anchored the cameras to ground rather than following to the action. RE: Period and music - when I set up the scene with Urban Sprawl and Petipet's Zepplin I realized the vision of Macy's Day Parade in NYC so I took advantage of that, added snow in central part backgrounds and the "gotham" type lighting and after effects. Because its a single animated scene, it all plays out in the timeline at once so I used camera perspectives to capture the "sub-scene" events. The closeup of the face was needed on the two main characters to realize the "Dorian" morphing effect ~ and since they were in action shots the camera was tied into the movement. Not perfect, and with another week of rendering I could have avoided it. Compromises with the camera & scene ~ but one I will reconsider next time,

    By

    Dream Cutter Dream Cutter October 2014 in The Commons
  • Mei Lin 6?

    I went with the Pro bundle because of the hair options, additional character, and poses are always good- but I'm like many of you, I have more than I'll ever use already :) The nose doesn't bother me at all, I've already got my own nose morphs and there's already other morphs to address nose pinch. I'm not a botox lip fan and would like to see thinner ones, but again there's morphs.

    I like the conservative outfits and will kitbash the others if they're easy enough to play around with. (Or just do bust shots.) While Mei Lin won't be the central character in any books I do, she will certainly fit in nicely. DO wish there had been some casual outfits- totally agree!

    By

    Novica Novica October 2014 in The Commons
  • [CONTEST] RRRR - Things you have to do before you die *Tons of prizes*

    Tag: Totte#3

    Totte said:

    #515 Sci-Fi Crates 'n Containers (#2684)
    #2228 Foreign Kisses Central District Subway Station (#14247)
    #3220 Michael 3.0 Base (#1558)
    #1416 Clown Textures (#15693)
    (LB) #3044 M3 Vampyre Texture (#1702)

    Also used:
    Vampire: AoA SubSurface Scatter Shader + 19th Century Suit Pack for Michael 3.0
    Clown: Genesis + Raw Clowns + Gen-X2 of Red and Raw Jester + M4 shape + Clown for Genesis
    Subway Station + Subway car + Real Metals (shader) + Balloons from Carnival Midway Fun

    Prank late evening commuters at the subway station
    Handing out balloons filled with hydrogen sulphide, which when they go boom, not only makes a sound, but smells like something died nearby.

    By

    Totte Totte October 2014 in The Commons
  • Mei Lin 6?

    RCDeschene said:
    cecilia.robinson said:
    SereneNight said:
    I confess I really hope the next figure is male. I've been waiting for Freak 6 for some time. While I will most likely buy Mei Linn, assuming she is an adult female, we've had a run on female characters lately.

    I want Hiro 6... Desperately. Then David 6 and any kind of male they can come up with.
    Honestly, I'm just surprised that after all this time, especially with almost a whopping 14 characters into this, that the ONLY reoccurring male we have is Michael. You would think we'd at the very least see either Freak or Hiro by now, especially where we need to start filling in the Fantasy/Sci-Fi and Stylized niches for G2M.

    Although, with the all the Real World characters dominating the runway this generation, I'm just as surprised that we're not seeing anything on David yet, as well. Enough time has certainly passed for another version of him, and this is especially so where the poor guy got screwed-over last time coming out last minute at the end of G1's reign.

    Agreed, agreed. But the characters that got released for him were awesome. Neo took over Benjamin's place.

    Novica said:
    Well, welcome to the new gal- she was posted at 1am Central time.

    I've just noticed her too. Didn't have time to see the items, I will now. It is kind of funny: I mean, no previous announcements. We usually got "Take part in this sale to get X off the upcoming John Doe 6". This time there was nothing.

    WOW. This is it ? The all new female Asian character ? This just looks like any western face morph with a little dial spun on the eyes, not the cute and/or distinctive realistic asian female I was hoping for after the very nice Lee 6 release. Sorry to say, but disappointed by this base.

    I predict she's going to be very popular.

    But I'm not as happy with her look as I was with Lee's.

    I am trying to decide if the things that bug me are just personal preferences or something else (for example I have a personal preference against lipstick and eyeshadow - which is in all the promo images of her, and so that is making my "eye" more critical of the rest of the figure...). I also personally wish for a wider nose...

    That said I can't imagine NOT buying the figure.

    You know... I've just seen the base figure and I'm not happy with Mei Lin. She resembles a mix between Lilith and Lee. The body is fine, but not something extraordinary. Just my opinion.

    Well now, this is something we haven't seen in quite a while, a major character release on a Thursday! :ohh:

    I'll admit, she's pretty much what I expected her to be: an A6 Realistic with significant hint of Asian-pop. Though, I'll also admit that I do like what I'm seeing of her smooth body shape, and I am impressed to see that she has some interesting Martial Arts posesthat finally puts the females up to par with Lee and Hiro a bit. Though, what does surprise me is the fact that not one of the hairs in her Pro Bundle is from Valea!

    Valea's missing? What could have happened?

    By

    cecilia.robinson cecilia.robinson October 2014 in The Commons
  • Mei Lin 6?

    Well, welcome to the new gal- she was posted at 1am Central time.

    By

    Novica Novica October 2014 in The Commons
Previous Next
Adding to Cart…

Daz 3D is part of Tafi

Connect

DAZ Productions, Inc.
7533 S Center View Ct #4664
West Jordan, UT 84084

HELP

Contact Us

Tutorials

Help Center

Sell Your 3D Content

Affiliate Program

Documentation Center

Open Source

Consent Preferences

JOIN DAZ

Memberships

Blog

About Us

Press

Careers

Bridges

Community

In the Studio

Gallery

Forum

DAZ STORE

Shop

Freebies

Published Artists

Licensing Agreement | Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | EULA

© 2026 Daz Productions Inc. All Rights Reserved.