• Daz 3D
  • Shop
  • 3D Software
    • Daz Studio Premier
    • Daz Studio
    • Install Manager
    • Exporters
    • Daz to Roblox
    • Daz to Maya
    • Daz to Blender
    • Daz to Unreal
    • Daz to Unity
    • Daz to 3ds Max
    • Daz to Cinema 4D
  • 3D Models
    • Genesis 9
    • Genesis 8.1
    • Free 3D Models
    • Game Ready
  • Community
    • Gallery
    • Forums
    • Blog
    • Press
    • Help
  • Memberships
    • Daz Premier
    • Daz Plus
    • Daz Base
    • Compare
  • AI Solutions
  • Download Studio
  • Menu
  • Daz 3D
  • Shop
  • 3d Software
    • Daz Studio Premier
    • Daz Studio
    • Install Manager
    • Exporters
    • Daz to Roblox
    • Daz to Maya
    • Daz to Blender
    • Daz to Unreal
    • Daz to Unity
    • Daz to 3ds Max
    • Daz to Cinema 4D
  • 3D Models
    • Genesis 9
    • Genesis 8.1
    • Free 3D Models
  • Community
    • Our Community
    • Gallery
    • Forums
    • Blog
    • Press
    • Help
  • Memberships
    • Daz Premier
    • Daz Plus
    • Daz Base
    • Compare
  • AI Solutions

Notifications

You currently have no notifications.

Loading...
Daz 3D Forums > Search
  • Problem with custom character eyelids / eyes

    Bejaymac said:

    crosswind said:

    If you had the body morph dialed, adjusted rigging to shape and the distortion was gone... it still means the body morph was wongly made 'cause it affected the rigging and vertices of the character's head.

    Nothing unusual about that, haven't found a G8+ character that wasn't "wrongly done".

    My own custom characters are a single DSF file with just over 1k formula, but with separate head and body morphs you have just over 1500 formula, yep that's roughly 500 duplicate formula messing with the rigging.

    Oh and Richard, you'd be surprised at the number of "store" bought G8+ characters I've had to rig, I have two friends who also use DS, and they regularly buy from everywhere, so barely a week goes by where I'm not "fixing" something they've bought. Which includes no rigging adjustments in the DSF files, bad rigging adjustments in the DSF file, and lets not forget the character presets that don't load the geografts.

    I did say "should" - if not, from Daz at least and with an actual character set or end-user morph set, I would report it as a bug.

    By

    Richard Haseltine Richard Haseltine February 2024 in Technical Help (nuts n bolts)
  • Problem with custom character eyelids / eyes

    Bejaymac said:

    crosswind said:

    If you had the body morph dialed, adjusted rigging to shape and the distortion was gone... it still means the body morph was wongly made 'cause it affected the rigging and vertices of the character's head.

    Nothing unusual about that, haven't found a G8+ character that wasn't "wrongly done".

    My own custom characters are a single DSF file with just over 1k formula, but with separate head and body morphs you have just over 1500 formula, yep that's roughly 500 duplicate formula messing with the rigging.

    Oh and Richard, you'd be surprised at the number of "store" bought G8+ characters I've had to rig, I have two friends who also use DS, and they regularly buy from everywhere, so barely a week goes by where I'm not "fixing" something they've bought. Which includes no rigging adjustments in the DSF files, bad rigging adjustments in the DSF file, and lets not forget the character presets that don't load the geografts.

     

    Well, I don't think they're unusual nowadays but just routine... Though I also fixed a lot... I'd rather say most of them were "inappropriately done" than "wrongly done" (of course some of them were...)

    And Character Presets can load geografts as well as their material presets as long as Post Load script is correctly configured...

    By

    crosswind crosswind February 2024 in Technical Help (nuts n bolts)
  • [Released] dForce2Morph [Commercial]

    takezo_3001 said:

    RiverSoftArt said:

    In general, morphs are supposed to base off the generic figures.  Then they are combined with other morphs (such as a fat morph) to give you what you want.  If they are not based off a common starting point, they won't always give you want you want.

    Ahhh, that makes perfect sense, thanks for the enlightenment! 

    You're welcome!  Thanks for the support!

    By

    RiverSoft Art RiverSoft Art February 2024 in Daz PA Commercial Products
  • Problem with custom character eyelids / eyes

    crosswind said:

    If you had the body morph dialed, adjusted rigging to shape and the distortion was gone... it still means the body morph was wongly made 'cause it affected the rigging and vertices of the character's head.

    Nothing unusual about that, haven't found a G8+ character that wasn't "wrongly done".

    My own custom characters are a single DSF file with just over 1k formula, but with separate head and body morphs you have just over 1500 formula, yep that's roughly 500 duplicate formula messing with the rigging.

    Oh and Richard, you'd be surprised at the number of "store" bought G8+ characters I've had to rig, I have two friends who also use DS, and they regularly buy from everywhere, so barely a week goes by where I'm not "fixing" something they've bought. Which includes no rigging adjustments in the DSF files, bad rigging adjustments in the DSF file, and lets not forget the character presets that don't load the geografts.

     

    By

    Bejaymac Bejaymac February 2024 in Technical Help (nuts n bolts)
  • Elementary, my dear Walter 9

    paulawp (marahzen) said:

    benniewoodell said:

    paulawp (marahzen) said:

    I don't normally do much with characters, but I might actually be able to use Walter here and there ... this is just an initial bit of tinkering.

    Fantastic looking character! Might I ask which product has that kind of facial hair? I've been looking for something patchy like that. 

    That is the Old George Beard and Old George Facial Hair with the respective OGB Shorter shaping options cranked up to 100%. I too was looking for a patchy look here and was pretty happy with this product. I had thought I'd used a non-stock shader, but in reviewing the scene, it does appear that the texture is the default for the product. 

    The head itself is made with 55% Walter and 100% one of my shapes sourced from the original G8 Face Transfer transferred to G9 via ManFriday's converter.

    And, although I fully expect that Edna 9 (lol, or whoever) is working her way toward release even as we speak, you can even use Walter as the base of a serviceable older woman. This is a five-minute test with part Walter, part one of my FT/MF characters and Base Feminine.

    Oh wow, that was the beard from the pro bundle? Dang, I didn't catch that from the promos. Thank you so much for taking the time to let me know! The hair looks great too. Maybe I should have gotten the pro bundle instead of just the character and the suit. And the mix with the feminine morph works rather nicely too. 

    By

    benniewoodell benniewoodell February 2024 in The Commons
  • Problem with custom character eyelids / eyes

    If you had the body morph dialed, adjusted rigging to shape and the distortion was gone... it still means the body morph was wongly made 'cause it affected the rigging and vertices of the character's head.

    By

    crosswind crosswind February 2024 in Technical Help (nuts n bolts)
  • Character Splitter

    Hi Mike3D, great to hear you're still refining the script, thank you! I successfuly used it again last night, this time with G8f. Perfect result! This time I somehow forgot to add the morphs to split, but then without closing the scene, I did it right choosing different head / body morph names, and it worked as hoped and, interestingly, for the first time in my splits it didn't need rigging to shape. I then used the user friendly "find morph" option and deleted the unneeded ones - thanks for that function! I'm not sure I can post the log (from another PC), I'll try. And, I did wonder about your workflow. Question: Do you start with a base figure, and then zero it, so that when you next add the D-Former it's in the correct position? I assume that's true. So, the next question is: How do you add your morph(s) to be split? The only managable way I could think of to add my many morphs (a dial spun character) was to have it loaded in the scene, a separate figure, then copy and paste it to the 1st one (which normally would work) but it's been failing. So, my workflow is: 1) Load my character to be split. 2) Memorise figure. 3) Zero figure. 4) Add D-Former. 5) Restore figure. (sometimes I've also zeroed resolution) 6) Have the figure selected, open and use script as instructed. The only issue has been the missing rigging adjustment, which is only another click. Wishing you a great day! smiley / peace

     

    By

    3DmentiaNull 3DmentiaNull February 2024 in Freebies
  • Photo to 3D for Daz3d Figures

    I have looked into Face Transfer... keep getting a message pick from image picker? 

    By

    Phantom Studios Phantom Studios February 2024 in Daz Studio Discussion
  • [Released] dForce2Morph [Commercial]

    RiverSoftArt said:

    In general, morphs are supposed to base off the generic figures.  Then they are combined with other morphs (such as a fat morph) to give you what you want.  If they are not based off a common starting point, they won't always give you want you want.

    Ahhh, that makes perfect sense, thanks for the enlightenment! 

    By

    takezo_3001 takezo_3001 February 2024 in Daz PA Commercial Products
  • Elementary, my dear Walter 9

    benniewoodell said:

    paulawp (marahzen) said:

    I don't normally do much with characters, but I might actually be able to use Walter here and there ... this is just an initial bit of tinkering.

    Fantastic looking character! Might I ask which product has that kind of facial hair? I've been looking for something patchy like that. 

    That is the Old George Beard and Old George Facial Hair with the respective OGB Shorter shaping options cranked up to 100%. I too was looking for a patchy look here and was pretty happy with this product. I had thought I'd used a non-stock shader, but in reviewing the scene, it does appear that the texture is the default for the product. 

    The head itself is made with 55% Walter and 100% one of my shapes sourced from the original G8 Face Transfer transferred to G9 via ManFriday's converter.

    And, although I fully expect that Edna 9 (lol, or whoever) is working her way toward release even as we speak, you can even use Walter as the base of a serviceable older woman. This is a five-minute test with part Walter, part one of my FT/MF characters and Base Feminine.

    By

    paulawp (marahzen) paulawp (marahzen) February 2024 in The Commons
  • Facetransfer 1 and Genesis 8.1

    That is not correct - see

    http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/software/dazstudio/4/change_log_4_22_0_15#4_22_0_8
    http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/software/dazstudio/4/change_log_4_22_0_15#4_22_0_9

    which refer to Face Transfer (1) working with both 8 and 8.1

    By

    Richard Haseltine Richard Haseltine February 2024 in Daz Studio Discussion
  • Bodybuilder Morphs

    How do I make a male & female bodybuilder?

    I see those in the store, how do I make them?

    I've been looking for tutorials.

    How do I take a basic body and morph the individual body parts as I like them?

    By

    gladd2be gladd2be February 2024 in New Users
  • Linday question and suggestion

    FSMCDesigns said:

    I had forgot about the Satine Detective Outfit. Even though it autofits to G9 pretty well, I wouldn't be opposed to a G9 version with open/close options for the top

    Or if open/close morph is too hard to do, just two version of the top.

    By

    lou_harper lou_harper February 2024 in Product Suggestions
  • Photo to 3D for Daz3d Figures

    If you want to be able to use a character in Daz Studio it has to have rigging and corrective morphs. Therefore you would usually do it as a morph of a base character, i.e. where you keep all verteces and just move them around (a morph). 

    So have you considered this https://www.daz3d.com/face-transfer-2

     

    By

    felis felis February 2024 in Daz Studio Discussion
  • So does the Unity bridge actually work?

    My example transfer to URP is in another thread:

    https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/441967/post-your-daz-to-unity-renders#latest

     

    By

    Artini Artini February 2024 in Unity Discussion
  • Elementary, my dear Walter 9

    I thought I might throw this one in too. A morph mix with 70% Walter, 20% Ghengis Khan and 30% Lawrence 9.

     

    By

    MelanieL MelanieL February 2024 in The Commons
  • Identify Character, hair and clothing asset from an abandoned game.
    That's Victoria 8.1's skin, but it's definitely not her morph, so this is a mix and therefore impossible to accurately ID. Sorry.

    By

    Matt_Castle Matt_Castle February 2024 in Product Suggestions
  • Problem with custom character eyelids / eyes

    Generally morphs you buy (or freebies) should already have had the rigging adjustment made and linked to the controller - it's only custom morphs you make (via dForm or importing an OBJ) that will need the adjustment. If you use third party morphs, then export as OBJ and load as a new morph - don't: not only do you lose all the rigging adjustments, which are not too hard to redo, but you also lose all links to corrective morphs that improve the bending, and those would be a lot of work to rebuild.

    By

    Richard Haseltine Richard Haseltine February 2024 in Technical Help (nuts n bolts)
  • Morph Transfers between G8F and G8M

    I know G9 is the new thing, but I am looking for something where I can transfer character morphs between females and males for G8 and G8.1.  I thought there was a product like that, but I am drawing a blank

    By

    shg0816_13461e8196 shg0816_13461e8196 February 2024 in Product Suggestions
  • Facetransfer 1 and Genesis 8.1

    Face Transfer 1 only create Genesis 8 characters, but not 8.1

     

    By

    Artini Artini February 2024 in Daz Studio Discussion
Previous Next
Adding to Cart…

Daz 3D is part of Tafi

Connect

DAZ Productions, Inc.
7533 S Center View Ct #4664
West Jordan, UT 84084

HELP

Contact Us

Tutorials

Help Center

Sell Your 3D Content

Affiliate Program

Documentation Center

Open Source

Consent Preferences

JOIN DAZ

Memberships

Blog

About Us

Press

Careers

Bridges

Community

In the Studio

Gallery

Forum

DAZ STORE

Shop

Freebies

Published Artists

Licensing Agreement | Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | EULA

© 2026 Daz Productions Inc. All Rights Reserved.