• Daz 3D
  • Shop
  • 3D Software
    • Daz Studio Premier
    • Daz Studio
    • Install Manager
    • Exporters
    • Daz to Roblox
    • Daz to Maya
    • Daz to Blender
    • Daz to Unreal
    • Daz to Unity
    • Daz to 3ds Max
    • Daz to Cinema 4D
  • 3D Models
    • Genesis 9
    • Genesis 8.1
    • Free 3D Models
    • Game Ready
  • Community
    • Gallery
    • Forums
    • Blog
    • Press
    • Help
  • Memberships
    • Daz Premier
    • Daz Plus
    • Daz Base
    • Compare
  • AI Solutions
  • Download Studio
  • Menu
  • Daz 3D
  • Shop
  • 3d Software
    • Daz Studio Premier
    • Daz Studio
    • Install Manager
    • Exporters
    • Daz to Roblox
    • Daz to Maya
    • Daz to Blender
    • Daz to Unreal
    • Daz to Unity
    • Daz to 3ds Max
    • Daz to Cinema 4D
  • 3D Models
    • Genesis 9
    • Genesis 8.1
    • Free 3D Models
  • Community
    • Our Community
    • Gallery
    • Forums
    • Blog
    • Press
    • Help
  • Memberships
    • Daz Premier
    • Daz Plus
    • Daz Base
    • Compare
  • AI Solutions

Notifications

You currently have no notifications.

Loading...
Daz 3D Forums > Search
  • There is Snow in my Dinosaur's Complaint Thread

    ...congratulations on winning the thread Rezca

    Happy however many trips around the central stellar primary you made, Frye. Best wishes for a quick recovery. Missed seeing the illos from your story.

    By

    kyoto kid kyoto kid March 2015 in The Commons
  • Star Trek Builders Unite 6: The Undiscovered Thread

    The recent passing of Nimoy has compelled me to try a composition I attempted several years ago without much success, staging the scene depicted in the plastic assembly model kit, Spock confronting a three headed "space" hydra. This time around, things just seem to be falling into place. Likely, I have a stronger motivation now.

    Here's a "fast draft" preview without shadows or textures (except for Spock's hair so he won't be bald). The base figure is the Michael 2 P4 mesh designed to wear the vintage Poser 4 Nude Male's clothes. I've tried several other Spock recreations using a variety of meshes, but I keep coming back to this figure. The default shape of M2's face just lent itself better to morphing Spock's features. Porthos (not Archer's beagle, but a member at Rendo') shared a face pose he achieved and I tweaked it with morphs I imported from Beth Capsces' "Boris" set. XCalPro made the uniform elements, deriving them from "The Dork's" wardrobe. I always liked the built in "draping" of the tunic (which he morphed from the turtleneck sweater). Poser's subdivision feature really breathes new life into these older geometries.

    The three headed snake started as the DAZ UD Fantasy "Hydra". But I did't use it "as is" because it has three totally separate necks emerging from a sauropod t(brontosaurus) type body. Instead, I turned all body parts invisible except for the middle head, eyes and neck sections. After posing and positioning it, I duplicated the figure twice and used the EasyPose dials to have the right and left necks lean (relatively) seamlessly from the central elements, making it look a bit closer to the model kit's monster.

    I've posed Spock t more or less match the stance of the kit's main subject, though I will likely continue to tweak it. The biggest phase now is loading, positioning and morphing the appropriate terrain pieces to least capture the essence, if not the exact details, of the model kit.

    Sincerely,

    Bill

    By

    Redfern Redfern March 2015 in The Commons
  • NEW! Novica & Invited Guest Contributors Tips & Product Reviews Pt 6

    I'm back from my Walmart shopping trip- I go later in the evenings when I have to shop so I can cruise through the store faster. Wait too late and the stockers are blocking the aisle though. The art of grocery shopping, eh?

    Listen, if you haven't gotten the Pro Bundles, Starter Bundles- they go off the 50% discount and down to 30% after today (Saturday) so it's 10:30pm (Central) and that means in 2 and a half hours (1pm my time) the prices should change. It was posted in another thread that it would be 3 days only so that means it ends today.

    I've got this down to a science- if I have more than two releases I only get two, and put one back for the next day and see what new releases are out then. So I always have two and get the 50% (plus 10%) on the featured stores in MM. I wonder if they will do a halfway point "everything" again (but probably not the bundles) like they did with other sales. Since it was before a payday (March 1st) I think they owe it to their vendors to generate more sales by doing that. (Assuming the vendors want their stuff offered at a discount though.)

    Kudos to the vendors for some extremely nice products. We appreciate you very much!

    By

    Novica Novica February 2015 in Art Studio
  • my "progress" with bryce rendering

    Thanks for that. Several people, on several occasions, have asked me to post a frame due to the difficulties I've been having with Bryce. I am quite curious as to their comment as I myself didn't see the need to upload anything. It's obviously too detailed = demanding. But if there's one extra tweak in render options to help that would be nice.

    The above morphs in a very cool fashion. Much of what I do is similarly demanding (and dazzling imo) so I've very little to show as far as Duration. But I'm slowly and Non Linearly creating a story line about interdimensional travel etc. I hope to splice in captured footage into this stuff. Will see if fate allows this.

    I like your avatar. Are you perchance into aether physics/electric universe/free energy and all that? The in out of the torus is the central feature there.

    Oh, that faint little red ish spot in the dark center is a space ship coming towards you. The colors of that craft, once it gets closer, reflect off the walls etc which looks cool too.

    By

    mpam76895_15961369c9 mpam76895_15961369c9 February 2015 in Bryce Discussion
  • Carrara's favorite CPU?

    Yes, the DDR4 is expensive!
    I wonder when it will come down?
    I looked at a 5930 last night at my local Central Computer ( they are out of 4930s):
    With motherboard, would be about $900.
    To max out the ram.....$1000.

    By

    protovu protovu February 2015 in Carrara Discussion
  • The nominees are in for the Non-Event of the Century complaint thread

    Misty Whisky said:
    ps1borg said:
    Morning. City towers and tree and rooftops heatburned and saggy looking under a hot thunderstormy overcast, rubbish blowing everywhere after an all night light festival in central city last night :)


    light festival sounds nice.

    It would be real nice along the coast somewhere else :lol:

    By

    ps1borg ps1borg February 2015 in The Commons
  • The nominees are in for the Non-Event of the Century complaint thread

    DanaTA said:
    ps1borg said:
    Morning. City towers and tree and rooftops heatburned and saggy looking under a hot thunderstormy overcast, rubbish blowing everywhere after an all night light festival in central city last night :)

    They sure party a lot in your city! :)

    Dana

    All night party, there is hungover people and stuff everywhere :lol: There has been something big happening near us every weekend since last November, think we're over it right now.

    By

    ps1borg ps1borg February 2015 in The Commons
  • The nominees are in for the Non-Event of the Century complaint thread

    ps1borg said:
    Morning. City towers and tree and rooftops heatburned and saggy looking under a hot thunderstormy overcast, rubbish blowing everywhere after an all night light festival in central city last night :)


    light festival sounds nice.

    By

    Mistara Mistara February 2015 in The Commons
  • The nominees are in for the Non-Event of the Century complaint thread

    ps1borg said:
    Morning. City towers and tree and rooftops heatburned and saggy looking under a hot thunderstormy overcast, rubbish blowing everywhere after an all night light festival in central city last night :)

    They sure party a lot in your city! :)

    Dana

    By

    DanaTA DanaTA February 2015 in The Commons
  • The nominees are in for the Non-Event of the Century complaint thread

    Morning. City towers and tree and rooftops heatburned and saggy looking under a hot thunderstormy overcast, rubbish blowing everywhere after an all night light festival in central city last night :)

    By

    ps1borg ps1borg February 2015 in The Commons
  • Post Your Renders - Happy New Year yall

    evilproducer said:
    Tim_A said:
    Here's another little track render. I'm sure you're all getting quite bored by now!

    Gonna play some more with the fake GI dome - more lights at lower intensity, as per the discussion here. Be interesting to see what that does (and how long it takes - with full GI, this render took about 4 ½ hours at AA-OA-SA settings of Good-0.5-1, gamma 1.8)

    I think that looks great Tim. Makes me want to take a stroll down it as well, but like MDO2010 it is very cold here, although I think I have him beat as mine is in the negative and not positive. ;-)

    -2ºF (approximately -19ºC) here in north central Wisconsin. I can't wait for spring.

    It's going to be getting pretty freakin cold here on Monday night too!

    By

    stringtheory9 stringtheory9 February 2015 in Carrara Discussion
  • Post Your Renders - Happy New Year yall

    Tim_A said:
    Here's another little track render. I'm sure you're all getting quite bored by now!

    Gonna play some more with the fake GI dome - more lights at lower intensity, as per the discussion here. Be interesting to see what that does (and how long it takes - with full GI, this render took about 4 ½ hours at AA-OA-SA settings of Good-0.5-1, gamma 1.8)

    I think that looks great Tim. Makes me want to take a stroll down it as well, but like MDO2010 it is very cold here, although I think I have him beat as mine is in the negative and not positive. ;-)

    -2ºF (approximately -19ºC) here in north central Wisconsin. I can't wait for spring.

    By

    evilproducer evilproducer February 2015 in Carrara Discussion
  • Game developer licenses

    Richard Haseltine said:
    Well, the CHF is a special case as the central bank has just radically changed policy. $100,000 is not an uncommon level - Allegorithmic just adopted it, having previously used $10,000.

    Thanks for that info of Allegorithmic - I have just bought their Substance Designer, indy version and was a bit worry about their $10,000
    limit. The $100,000 limit is fine for me and can only dream to exceed it.

    By

    Artini Artini February 2015 in The Commons
  • Game developer licenses

    Well, the CHF is a special case as the central bank has just radically changed policy. $100,000 is not an uncommon level - Allegorithmic just adopted it, having previously used $10,000.

    By

    Richard Haseltine Richard Haseltine February 2015 in The Commons
  • February Contest Thread “Lighting” (WIP Thread)

    Toyen said:
    Here is my final version!

    The only thing I don´t like is that strange highlight on one of the heels but it has the same material as the rest of the shoe so somehow the lights created that one strong highlight on one of the heels and that makes it look as if it was made of much brighter material than the rest of the black shoes but it isn´t.

    But that doesn´t matter now, I will not be rendering it again since this render took 8+ hours!

    HOWEVER, I have decided to go ahead and do a male version of Waiting for my Valentine (thats what I´m gonna call the image) with just the basic G2M since I don´t have any other males and here´s a quick IPR preview.

    Let me know what you think!

    Stories I made up for the renders are:

    Girl: came into the room, saw the wine and a rose for her with a note from the guy saying he´ll be there shortly but he wasn´t coming so she finished the wine herself, forgot about the rose and dropped it on the floor and now she´s tired about to fall asleep.

    Guy: patiently waiting for his valentine to come.

    I was thinkin about two follow up renders where in the guy´s story, the girl finally comes and they drink and chat and in the girl´s story, the guy arrives but finds her sleeping.

    But I don´t know whether I´m gonna do them or not and I also guess it doesn´t really matter with which one I enter the contest since the lighting is the same in all renders.


    These are looking really nice...I think you've gotten the lighting just right! The only thing I don't care for is the tube light...not because it doesn't look good, but because it's distracting, given that it's the brightest thing in the scene. I'd almost want to crop out the top part of the image entirely, but that might hurt the overall composition. Using depth of field might be a better solution...if the background is out of focus, that will keep the viewer's attention on the central characters. We did a contest on depth of field a couple of years ago (that's when I learned to use it) and you can find a lot of good information in that contest's WIP thread.

    By

    Scott Livingston Scott Livingston February 2015 in New User Contests and Events
  • The nominees are in for the Non-Event of the Century complaint thread

    AtticAnne said:
    DanaTA said:
    ps1borg said:
    starionwolf said:
    ps1borg said:
    Morning. Puffy little clouds like white driftweed in a luminous turquoise sky offering no rain, only more heat on the parched and cracked earth in Melbourne's yellowing edge where we are right now :)

    Weather forecast says it might rain though. I'm still thinking of going to Australia in the summer (January).

    Windless and clear around 40K West of the city, looks the same Eastwards altho a storm can blow in from the bay (south) real quick it doesn't look likely right now. Just wrapped here and on way home, TGIF yay ! Central and West Australia is the place to be in January if you like it that hot, everyone who can gets away from the East coast after Christmas the storms can be massive that time of year :)

    Hot? Well, here it's 9 F right now, and feels like -5 F! And............Blizzard Warning for the coastal areas, and Winter Storm watch for the rest of the state. My area is expected to get another 6 to 12 inches...Boston is expecting another 12 to 18 inches. I've been watching the news, and I don't know where they'll put it. They still can't get around very well up in Boston. Some streets are too narrow after being plowed. And the T (transit system) is having all kinds of troubles. People have waited for 1.5 to 2.5 hours for the T to arrive, only to give up because it just wasn't coming. Even the buses are at a reduced schedule and are packed to capacity. If the storm tracks a little more to the west, my area will change to the 12 to 18 inch forecast. My fantasy is that it tracks so far Eastward that it goes out into the middle of the Atlantic and misses up entirely. But, as I said...fantasy.

    Dana

    Boston snow problems even hit the news in East Texas . :lol:
    Boston Snow

    Yeah, I saw that on the news last night. I think it was last night. It's beginning to all be a blur.

    Dana

    By

    DanaTA DanaTA February 2015 in The Commons
  • The nominees are in for the Non-Event of the Century complaint thread

    DanaTA said:
    ps1borg said:
    starionwolf said:
    ps1borg said:
    Morning. Puffy little clouds like white driftweed in a luminous turquoise sky offering no rain, only more heat on the parched and cracked earth in Melbourne's yellowing edge where we are right now :)

    Weather forecast says it might rain though. I'm still thinking of going to Australia in the summer (January).

    Windless and clear around 40K West of the city, looks the same Eastwards altho a storm can blow in from the bay (south) real quick it doesn't look likely right now. Just wrapped here and on way home, TGIF yay ! Central and West Australia is the place to be in January if you like it that hot, everyone who can gets away from the East coast after Christmas the storms can be massive that time of year :)

    Hot? Well, here it's 9 F right now, and feels like -5 F! And............Blizzard Warning for the coastal areas, and Winter Storm watch for the rest of the state. My area is expected to get another 6 to 12 inches...Boston is expecting another 12 to 18 inches. I've been watching the news, and I don't know where they'll put it. They still can't get around very well up in Boston. Some streets are too narrow after being plowed. And the T (transit system) is having all kinds of troubles. People have waited for 1.5 to 2.5 hours for the T to arrive, only to give up because it just wasn't coming. Even the buses are at a reduced schedule and are packed to capacity. If the storm tracks a little more to the west, my area will change to the 12 to 18 inch forecast. My fantasy is that it tracks so far Eastward that it goes out into the middle of the Atlantic and misses up entirely. But, as I said...fantasy.

    Dana

    Boston snow problems even hit the news in East Texas . :lol:
    Boston Snow

    By

    atticanne atticanne February 2015 in The Commons
  • The nominees are in for the Non-Event of the Century complaint thread

    ps1borg said:
    starionwolf said:
    ps1borg said:
    Morning. Puffy little clouds like white driftweed in a luminous turquoise sky offering no rain, only more heat on the parched and cracked earth in Melbourne's yellowing edge where we are right now :)

    Weather forecast says it might rain though. I'm still thinking of going to Australia in the summer (January).

    Windless and clear around 40K West of the city, looks the same Eastwards altho a storm can blow in from the bay (south) real quick it doesn't look likely right now. Just wrapped here and on way home, TGIF yay ! Central and West Australia is the place to be in January if you like it that hot, everyone who can gets away from the East coast after Christmas the storms can be massive that time of year :)

    Hot? Well, here it's 9 F right now, and feels like -5 F! And............Blizzard Warning for the coastal areas, and Winter Storm watch for the rest of the state. My area is expected to get another 6 to 12 inches...Boston is expecting another 12 to 18 inches. I've been watching the news, and I don't know where they'll put it. They still can't get around very well up in Boston. Some streets are too narrow after being plowed. And the T (transit system) is having all kinds of troubles. People have waited for 1.5 to 2.5 hours for the T to arrive, only to give up because it just wasn't coming. Even the buses are at a reduced schedule and are packed to capacity. If the storm tracks a little more to the west, my area will change to the 12 to 18 inch forecast. My fantasy is that it tracks so far Eastward that it goes out into the middle of the Atlantic and misses up entirely. But, as I said...fantasy.

    Dana

    By

    DanaTA DanaTA February 2015 in The Commons
  • The nominees are in for the Non-Event of the Century complaint thread

    starionwolf said:
    ps1borg said:
    Central and West Australia is the place to be in January if you like it that hot, everyone who can gets away from the East coast after Christmas the storms can be massive that time of year :)

    It is hot in Adelaide. Shouldn't the ocean breeze cool of the coast? Its not like Adelaide is near the equator like Darwin. Hot and dry weather reminds me of southwest U.S.A. (deserts) in the summer. Thanks for the info about the storms. I'll go read about the storms. At least you don't see cold temperatures like poor Misty. Brrr. The wind is blowing at 20 MPH. ok.. going to bed. later

    It rained at Ayers Rock during January this year, the waterfalls afterward are one of the great wonders of the desert, along with all the wildflowers that come after a flood. But if you want to keep out of the northern tropics Kakadu is basically a river trip and I guess can be cooler at night during summer. January/February are the hottest months here, you choose whether you want dry or damp and go southwest or northeast accordingly.

    Shouldn't the ocean breeze cool of the coast?

    Well it is the Indian Ocean, the roaring forties aren't exactly a cool zephyr :lol:

    Birdsville Track is a good trip if you rent an off road something and it hasn't rained much and you want to sample a bit. The Flinders Ranges are astounding, I've climbed St Mary's Peak, iz awesome. And it looks like the deserts in the old black and white westerns around there :lol:

    Where we live is called The Shipwreck Coast, between about Eden one way and I dunno maybe Port McDonnel the other, weather from the Southern Ocean is ferocious sometimes.

    By

    ps1borg ps1borg February 2015 in The Commons
  • The nominees are in for the Non-Event of the Century complaint thread

    ps1borg said:
    Central and West Australia is the place to be in January if you like it that hot, everyone who can gets away from the East coast after Christmas the storms can be massive that time of year :)

    It is hot in Adelaide. Shouldn't the ocean breeze cool of the coast? Its not like Adelaide is near the equator like Darwin. Hot and dry weather reminds me of southwest U.S.A. (deserts) in the summer. Thanks for the info about the storms. I'll go read about the storms. At least you don't see cold temperatures like poor Misty. Brrr. The wind is blowing at 20 MPH. ok.. going to bed. later

    By

    starionwolf starionwolf February 2015 in The Commons
Previous Next
Adding to Cart…

Daz 3D is part of Tafi

Connect

DAZ Productions, Inc.
7533 S Center View Ct #4664
West Jordan, UT 84084

HELP

Contact Us

Tutorials

Help Center

Sell Your 3D Content

Affiliate Program

Documentation Center

Open Source

Consent Preferences

JOIN DAZ

Memberships

Blog

About Us

Press

Careers

Bridges

Community

In the Studio

Gallery

Forum

DAZ STORE

Shop

Freebies

Published Artists

Licensing Agreement | Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | EULA

© 2026 Daz Productions Inc. All Rights Reserved.