-
Dasan 8 is here
Nice shot of Dasan!While I apprechiate artist creating male content, I am quite often disappointed by the content we get. Why is it always pretty white ladies, the asian one who got released a couple of days ago, she is so pretty. I haven't bought her yet, I'm waiting for a sale because this March Madness has drained my wallet quite badly. But everytime we get a new male character, it's old, uninteresting. At least to me. There is 1 item from the bundle I actually wanna get, but that's it. Create a high quality male teen character, just like teen Josie or any others, that way people will buy them in pairs. Just my 2 centsI'm sorry, but which store are you looking at? Because I must respectfully disagree. :P
A lot of the characters are matching pairs. Leroy and Nida, Jonathan and Josephene, Kanade and Yuzuru, Deigo and Gabriela, Elios and Ellithia, Sanjay and Kala, Mr Woo and Mrs Chow, Ollie and Edie, Floyd and Mabel, Monique and Darius, Victoria and Michael, etc...it's not like they're only making young girls and old men.
Also, you've got characters like Deigo, Silas, Yuzuru, Sanjay, Nix, Lee, The Brute, Landon, a pretty diverse cast of male characters who aren't old.
If you don't mind me asking, what exactly would you consider an "interesting" male character?
Apparently there is a lack of Teen males. I saw more than one person complain about this.
In my mind there's nothing special about a teen and there are already a few teen males that are great, without the need for a DO character for it, but that is just my preference. I have 0 interest in a teen male.
Well, I can agree with that. Just look at the new releases. 2 MORE Teens for G8F. 0 for Males overall. I don't know why that is, but apparently they don't sell. The only reason why I'd wanna buy a teen male is for the skin texture, and morph it further. I just don't think it's fair to have that more females... But on the other side, I understand PAs, why would they spend their time creating something and risk not selling enough.If there was a very interesting teen male maybe I could be interested in him but the previous generation teens were so generic and bland that I would not be.
I think there are so many other interesting types of characters we don't have yet that caucasian teen male is not one I would be interested in. For example Dasan 8 is very interesting, he looks like he has a back story to him.
Of course this is only my opinion. If there are enough people interested in a teen male, why not have a pro bundle for that.
Another thing I would want to mention though is that lately I see a pattern for pairs of characters being released: CJ and Dain, Leroy and Nida, Jonathan and Josephine. Because of that I would expect a pair to Dasan to be released before anything else.
Maybe the chance for the teen male was missed after Raven of Josie.
Male-M3dia made some G8 male teens that are perfectly good and I think better than something Daz would have come out with to be honest. The downside is that they are only shapes with no textures.
Laurie
After seeing your response, Laurie, I decided to go ahead and post what I was not going to post:
According to Daz representatives from the past, young males sell poorly, even to the point that Tween Ryan 7 was virtually given away for free as a new release. (Perhaps marketing figured, "We're gonna lose money anyway; so, let's buy some customer goodwill instead").
Also, Lucas 8 is late teen to early twenties, and he is probably one of the least popular G8 Core figures, which solidified Daz's original contention (although his orange, waxy, featureless skin and lack of morph personality may be more of a factor in low sales than his age and gender). BTW, Altern8 fixes Lucas 8's skin very nicely.
Although young male is the character category that is least interesting to me, I still need them for scene fillers. This past weekend I was finally able to pick up some wishlisted young males at a price befitting their value to me---though not their high quality: Justin, Josh, Jeremy, & Nick. Them, along with Male-M3dia's unparalleled male teen morph packs (these morphs easily rival Core figure quality in detail and distinctiveness) and skins like Nix 8 and Gage (as well as Genesis 8 UV Swap to use female skins) make it possible to field an entire teen male sports team as well as their opponents with no repetition.
I believe Lucas's poor sale performance isn't so much due to him being young and Male ... but that he wasn't such a convincing character. Mousso's new Asher is also young and Male and seems to perform well.I agree (as I suggested in my post). I think Mousso's new character is doing well because Keanu. I don't know if there is another male person alive with more cred among our ilk than Keanu.

I agree with your points about Lucas and especially his skin problems.
I think Asher looking like Keanu certainly helps ... but I think what's more important is that he is simply very well made, a typical Mousso character. Now he might not perform equally well compared to female characters sales-wise and it might also factor in that he is not DO, like the rest of Mousso's characters. But I hope he sells well compared to other males and hopefully Daz will take notice.
Dasan 8 is hereWhile I apprechiate artist creating male content, I am quite often disappointed by the content we get. Why is it always pretty white ladies, the asian one who got released a couple of days ago, she is so pretty. I haven't bought her yet, I'm waiting for a sale because this March Madness has drained my wallet quite badly. But everytime we get a new male character, it's old, uninteresting. At least to me. There is 1 item from the bundle I actually wanna get, but that's it. Create a high quality male teen character, just like teen Josie or any others, that way people will buy them in pairs. Just my 2 centsI'm sorry, but which store are you looking at? Because I must respectfully disagree. :P
A lot of the characters are matching pairs. Leroy and Nida, Jonathan and Josephene, Kanade and Yuzuru, Deigo and Gabriela, Elios and Ellithia, Sanjay and Kala, Mr Woo and Mrs Chow, Ollie and Edie, Floyd and Mabel, Monique and Darius, Victoria and Michael, etc...it's not like they're only making young girls and old men.
Also, you've got characters like Deigo, Silas, Yuzuru, Sanjay, Nix, Lee, The Brute, Landon, a pretty diverse cast of male characters who aren't old.
If you don't mind me asking, what exactly would you consider an "interesting" male character?
Apparently there is a lack of Teen males. I saw more than one person complain about this.
In my mind there's nothing special about a teen and there are already a few teen males that are great, without the need for a DO character for it, but that is just my preference. I have 0 interest in a teen male.
Well, I can agree with that. Just look at the new releases. 2 MORE Teens for G8F. 0 for Males overall. I don't know why that is, but apparently they don't sell. The only reason why I'd wanna buy a teen male is for the skin texture, and morph it further. I just don't think it's fair to have that more females... But on the other side, I understand PAs, why would they spend their time creating something and risk not selling enough.If there was a very interesting teen male maybe I could be interested in him but the previous generation teens were so generic and bland that I would not be.
I think there are so many other interesting types of characters we don't have yet that caucasian teen male is not one I would be interested in. For example Dasan 8 is very interesting, he looks like he has a back story to him.
Of course this is only my opinion. If there are enough people interested in a teen male, why not have a pro bundle for that.
Another thing I would want to mention though is that lately I see a pattern for pairs of characters being released: CJ and Dain, Leroy and Nida, Jonathan and Josephine. Because of that I would expect a pair to Dasan to be released before anything else.
Maybe the chance for the teen male was missed after Raven of Josie.
Male-M3dia made some G8 male teens that are perfectly good and I think better than something Daz would have come out with to be honest. The downside is that they are only shapes with no textures.
Laurie
After seeing your response, Laurie, I decided to go ahead and post what I was not going to post:
According to Daz representatives from the past, young males sell poorly, even to the point that Tween Ryan 7 was virtually given away for free as a new release. (Perhaps marketing figured, "We're gonna lose money anyway; so, let's buy some customer goodwill instead").
Also, Lucas 8 is late teen to early twenties, and he is probably one of the least popular G8 Core figures, which solidified Daz's original contention (although his orange, waxy, featureless skin and lack of morph personality may be more of a factor in low sales than his age and gender). BTW, Altern8 fixes Lucas 8's skin very nicely.
Although young male is the character category that is least interesting to me, I still need them for scene fillers. This past weekend I was finally able to pick up some wishlisted young males at a price befitting their value to me---though not their high quality: Justin, Josh, Jeremy, & Nick. Them, along with Male-M3dia's unparalleled male teen morph packs (these morphs easily rival Core figure quality in detail and distinctiveness) and skins like Nix 8 and Gage (as well as Genesis 8 UV Swap to use female skins) make it possible to field an entire teen male sports team as well as their opponents with no repetition.
I believe Lucas's poor sale performance isn't so much due to him being young and Male ... but that he wasn't such a convincing character. Mousso's new Asher is also young and Male and seems to perform well.I agree (as I suggested in my post). I think Mousso's new character is doing well because Keanu. I don't know if there is another male person alive with more cred among our ilk than Keanu.
Dasan 8 is hereFinally finished putting my cart together and placed the order. Shopping for a sale like this really sucks on my phone, both because I can’t filter by wishlist and because I can’t hop between tabs as easily.
Congrats, I am still struggling to decide on some items. It would be so much easier if we could pick more from people and wearables.
It's weird we have to pick the same amount of stuff from animations and poses as from people and wearables. Would have been better if it was people and poses for one and wearables for another, or all combined for double the amount.
While I apprechiate artist creating male content, I am quite often disappointed by the content we get. Why is it always pretty white ladies, the asian one who got released a couple of days ago, she is so pretty. I haven't bought her yet, I'm waiting for a sale because this March Madness has drained my wallet quite badly. But everytime we get a new male character, it's old, uninteresting. At least to me. There is 1 item from the bundle I actually wanna get, but that's it. Create a high quality male teen character, just like teen Josie or any others, that way people will buy them in pairs. Just my 2 centsI'm sorry, but which store are you looking at? Because I must respectfully disagree. :P
A lot of the characters are matching pairs. Leroy and Nida, Jonathan and Josephene, Kanade and Yuzuru, Deigo and Gabriela, Elios and Ellithia, Sanjay and Kala, Mr Woo and Mrs Chow, Ollie and Edie, Floyd and Mabel, Monique and Darius, Victoria and Michael, etc...it's not like they're only making young girls and old men.
Also, you've got characters like Deigo, Silas, Yuzuru, Sanjay, Nix, Lee, The Brute, Landon, a pretty diverse cast of male characters who aren't old.
If you don't mind me asking, what exactly would you consider an "interesting" male character?
Apparently there is a lack of Teen males. I saw more than one person complain about this.
In my mind there's nothing special about a teen and there are already a few teen males that are great, without the need for a DO character for it, but that is just my preference. I have 0 interest in a teen male.
Well, I can agree with that. Just look at the new releases. 2 MORE Teens for G8F. 0 for Males overall. I don't know why that is, but apparently they don't sell. The only reason why I'd wanna buy a teen male is for the skin texture, and morph it further. I just don't think it's fair to have that more females... But on the other side, I understand PAs, why would they spend their time creating something and risk not selling enough.If there was a very interesting teen male maybe I could be interested in him but the previous generation teens were so generic and bland that I would not be.
I think there are so many other interesting types of characters we don't have yet that caucasian teen male is not one I would be interested in. For example Dasan 8 is very interesting, he looks like he has a back story to him.
Of course this is only my opinion. If there are enough people interested in a teen male, why not have a pro bundle for that.
Another thing I would want to mention though is that lately I see a pattern for pairs of characters being released: CJ and Dain, Leroy and Nida, Jonathan and Josephine. Because of that I would expect a pair to Dasan to be released before anything else.
Maybe the chance for the teen male was missed after Raven of Josie.
Male-M3dia made some G8 male teens that are perfectly good and I think better than something Daz would have come out with to be honest. The downside is that they are only shapes with no textures.
Laurie
After seeing your response, Laurie, I decided to go ahead and post what I was not going to post:
According to Daz representatives from the past, young males sell poorly, even to the point that Tween Ryan 7 was virtually given away for free as a new release. (Perhaps marketing figured, "We're gonna lose money anyway; so, let's buy some customer goodwill instead").
Also, Lucas 8 is late teen to early twenties, and he is probably one of the least popular G8 Core figures, which solidified Daz's original contention (although his orange, waxy, featureless skin and lack of morph personality may be more of a factor in low sales than his age and gender). BTW, Altern8 fixes Lucas 8's skin very nicely.
Although young male is the character category that is least interesting to me, I still need them for scene fillers. This past weekend I was finally able to pick up some wishlisted young males at a price befitting their value to me---though not their high quality: Justin, Josh, Jeremy, & Nick. Them, along with Male-M3dia's unparalleled male teen morph packs (these morphs easily rival Core figure quality in detail and distinctiveness) and skins like Nix 8 and Gage (as well as Genesis 8 UV Swap to use female skins) make it possible to field an entire teen male sports team as well as their opponents with no repetition.
I believe Lucas's poor sale performance isn't so much due to him being young and Male ... but that he wasn't such a convincing character. Mousso's new Asher is also young and Male and seems to perform well.I think that most young males are bland. They lack personality or any distinct features and are just generic. Asher is one to break out of that pattern, that is why he is so well received.
I could totally get behind a young male if he has a look that said something.
I also think that it's funny how Daz is full of gorgeous women but very few of the men are attractive. What up with that?
Because men are allowed to have character. Women must simply be beautiful.
Dasan 8 is hereFinally finished putting my cart together and placed the order. Shopping for a sale like this really sucks on my phone, both because I can’t filter by wishlist and because I can’t hop between tabs as easily.
Congrats, I am still struggling to decide on some items. It would be so much easier if we could pick more from people and wearables.
It's weird we have to pick the same amount of stuff from animations and poses as from people and wearables. Would have been better if it was people and poses for one and wearables for another, or all combined for double the amount.
While I apprechiate artist creating male content, I am quite often disappointed by the content we get. Why is it always pretty white ladies, the asian one who got released a couple of days ago, she is so pretty. I haven't bought her yet, I'm waiting for a sale because this March Madness has drained my wallet quite badly. But everytime we get a new male character, it's old, uninteresting. At least to me. There is 1 item from the bundle I actually wanna get, but that's it. Create a high quality male teen character, just like teen Josie or any others, that way people will buy them in pairs. Just my 2 centsI'm sorry, but which store are you looking at? Because I must respectfully disagree. :P
A lot of the characters are matching pairs. Leroy and Nida, Jonathan and Josephene, Kanade and Yuzuru, Deigo and Gabriela, Elios and Ellithia, Sanjay and Kala, Mr Woo and Mrs Chow, Ollie and Edie, Floyd and Mabel, Monique and Darius, Victoria and Michael, etc...it's not like they're only making young girls and old men.
Also, you've got characters like Deigo, Silas, Yuzuru, Sanjay, Nix, Lee, The Brute, Landon, a pretty diverse cast of male characters who aren't old.
If you don't mind me asking, what exactly would you consider an "interesting" male character?
Apparently there is a lack of Teen males. I saw more than one person complain about this.
In my mind there's nothing special about a teen and there are already a few teen males that are great, without the need for a DO character for it, but that is just my preference. I have 0 interest in a teen male.
Well, I can agree with that. Just look at the new releases. 2 MORE Teens for G8F. 0 for Males overall. I don't know why that is, but apparently they don't sell. The only reason why I'd wanna buy a teen male is for the skin texture, and morph it further. I just don't think it's fair to have that more females... But on the other side, I understand PAs, why would they spend their time creating something and risk not selling enough.If there was a very interesting teen male maybe I could be interested in him but the previous generation teens were so generic and bland that I would not be.
I think there are so many other interesting types of characters we don't have yet that caucasian teen male is not one I would be interested in. For example Dasan 8 is very interesting, he looks like he has a back story to him.
Of course this is only my opinion. If there are enough people interested in a teen male, why not have a pro bundle for that.
Another thing I would want to mention though is that lately I see a pattern for pairs of characters being released: CJ and Dain, Leroy and Nida, Jonathan and Josephine. Because of that I would expect a pair to Dasan to be released before anything else.
Maybe the chance for the teen male was missed after Raven of Josie.
Male-M3dia made some G8 male teens that are perfectly good and I think better than something Daz would have come out with to be honest. The downside is that they are only shapes with no textures.
Laurie
After seeing your response, Laurie, I decided to go ahead and post what I was not going to post:
According to Daz representatives from the past, young males sell poorly, even to the point that Tween Ryan 7 was virtually given away for free as a new release. (Perhaps marketing figured, "We're gonna lose money anyway; so, let's buy some customer goodwill instead").
Also, Lucas 8 is late teen to early twenties, and he is probably one of the least popular G8 Core figures, which solidified Daz's original contention (although his orange, waxy, featureless skin and lack of morph personality may be more of a factor in low sales than his age and gender). BTW, Altern8 fixes Lucas 8's skin very nicely.
Although young male is the character category that is least interesting to me, I still need them for scene fillers. This past weekend I was finally able to pick up some wishlisted young males at a price befitting their value to me---though not their high quality: Justin, Josh, Jeremy, & Nick. Them, along with Male-M3dia's unparalleled male teen morph packs (these morphs easily rival Core figure quality in detail and distinctiveness) and skins like Nix 8 and Gage (as well as Genesis 8 UV Swap to use female skins) make it possible to field an entire teen male sports team as well as their opponents with no repetition.
I believe Lucas's poor sale performance isn't so much due to him being young and Male ... but that he wasn't such a convincing character. Mousso's new Asher is also young and Male and seems to perform well.I think that most young males are bland. They lack personality or any distinct features and are just generic. Asher is one to break out of that pattern, that is why he is so well received.
I could totally get behind a young male if he has a look that said something.
I also think that it's funny how Daz is full of gorgeous women but very few of the men are attractive. What up with that?
Help ID hair please???Hmm thats a hard one. Hopefully someone will come in with an answer. You might can message the artist but it looks like its an older render so they may not even know anymore. Couple I found that might be at least close? (I don't own either so I cant test morphs to see if they can get the same shape)
Both OOT hair first one is here, second one at Rendo.
Dasan 8 is here
I believe Lucas's poor sale performance isn't so much due to him being young and Male ... but that he wasn't such a convincing character. Mousso's new Asher is also young and Male and seems to perform well.While I apprechiate artist creating male content, I am quite often disappointed by the content we get. Why is it always pretty white ladies, the asian one who got released a couple of days ago, she is so pretty. I haven't bought her yet, I'm waiting for a sale because this March Madness has drained my wallet quite badly. But everytime we get a new male character, it's old, uninteresting. At least to me. There is 1 item from the bundle I actually wanna get, but that's it. Create a high quality male teen character, just like teen Josie or any others, that way people will buy them in pairs. Just my 2 centsI'm sorry, but which store are you looking at? Because I must respectfully disagree. :P
A lot of the characters are matching pairs. Leroy and Nida, Jonathan and Josephene, Kanade and Yuzuru, Deigo and Gabriela, Elios and Ellithia, Sanjay and Kala, Mr Woo and Mrs Chow, Ollie and Edie, Floyd and Mabel, Monique and Darius, Victoria and Michael, etc...it's not like they're only making young girls and old men.
Also, you've got characters like Deigo, Silas, Yuzuru, Sanjay, Nix, Lee, The Brute, Landon, a pretty diverse cast of male characters who aren't old.
If you don't mind me asking, what exactly would you consider an "interesting" male character?
Apparently there is a lack of Teen males. I saw more than one person complain about this.
In my mind there's nothing special about a teen and there are already a few teen males that are great, without the need for a DO character for it, but that is just my preference. I have 0 interest in a teen male.
Well, I can agree with that. Just look at the new releases. 2 MORE Teens for G8F. 0 for Males overall. I don't know why that is, but apparently they don't sell. The only reason why I'd wanna buy a teen male is for the skin texture, and morph it further. I just don't think it's fair to have that more females... But on the other side, I understand PAs, why would they spend their time creating something and risk not selling enough.If there was a very interesting teen male maybe I could be interested in him but the previous generation teens were so generic and bland that I would not be.
I think there are so many other interesting types of characters we don't have yet that caucasian teen male is not one I would be interested in. For example Dasan 8 is very interesting, he looks like he has a back story to him.
Of course this is only my opinion. If there are enough people interested in a teen male, why not have a pro bundle for that.
Another thing I would want to mention though is that lately I see a pattern for pairs of characters being released: CJ and Dain, Leroy and Nida, Jonathan and Josephine. Because of that I would expect a pair to Dasan to be released before anything else.
Maybe the chance for the teen male was missed after Raven of Josie.
Male-M3dia made some G8 male teens that are perfectly good and I think better than something Daz would have come out with to be honest. The downside is that they are only shapes with no textures.
Laurie
After seeing your response, Laurie, I decided to go ahead and post what I was not going to post:
According to Daz representatives from the past, young males sell poorly, even to the point that Tween Ryan 7 was virtually given away for free as a new release. (Perhaps marketing figured, "We're gonna lose money anyway; so, let's buy some customer goodwill instead").
Also, Lucas 8 is late teen to early twenties, and he is probably one of the least popular G8 Core figures, which solidified Daz's original contention (although his orange, waxy, featureless skin and lack of morph personality may be more of a factor in low sales than his age and gender). BTW, Altern8 fixes Lucas 8's skin very nicely.
Although young male is the character category that is least interesting to me, I still need them for scene fillers. This past weekend I was finally able to pick up some wishlisted young males at a price befitting their value to me---though not their high quality: Justin, Josh, Jeremy, & Nick. Them, along with Male-M3dia's unparalleled male teen morph packs (these morphs easily rival Core figure quality in detail and distinctiveness) and skins like Nix 8 and Gage (as well as Genesis 8 UV Swap to use female skins) make it possible to field an entire teen male sports team as well as their opponents with no repetition.
How can I install Michael 4 BaseMichael 4 and Victoria 4 can't be installed via Connect (install tab in DS) due to the system they use for morphs. That's true for the base figures and their morph packs, but clothes, hair, accessories and most characters can be installed with Connect.
This took me way too long to figure out when I first started using DS.
How can I install Michael 4 BaseMichael 4 and Victoria 4 can't be installed via Connect (install tab in DS) due to the system they use for morphs. That's true for the base figures and their morph packs, but clothes, hair, accessories and most characters can be installed with Connect.
Can a female set(s) be animated for a videoHello, my name is Jon and I'm new using DAZ Studio. I have questioned the female sets that you sell on the website or any other site that supports the DAZ Studio. Can those female sets be animated to do video clip?
or no it's just for photo work. See 2 examples of what I mean on the female sets. Thanks and I hope someone can help me with this question.
An example: https://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/vika---beautiful-character-for-genesis-8/141331/ad
2nd example: https://www.daz3d.com/z-cat-woman-poses-for-genesis-8-female-and-victoria-8
Dasan 8 is hereWhile I apprechiate artist creating male content, I am quite often disappointed by the content we get. Why is it always pretty white ladies, the asian one who got released a couple of days ago, she is so pretty. I haven't bought her yet, I'm waiting for a sale because this March Madness has drained my wallet quite badly. But everytime we get a new male character, it's old, uninteresting. At least to me. There is 1 item from the bundle I actually wanna get, but that's it. Create a high quality male teen character, just like teen Josie or any others, that way people will buy them in pairs. Just my 2 centsI'm sorry, but which store are you looking at? Because I must respectfully disagree. :P
A lot of the characters are matching pairs. Leroy and Nida, Jonathan and Josephene, Kanade and Yuzuru, Deigo and Gabriela, Elios and Ellithia, Sanjay and Kala, Mr Woo and Mrs Chow, Ollie and Edie, Floyd and Mabel, Monique and Darius, Victoria and Michael, etc...it's not like they're only making young girls and old men.
Also, you've got characters like Deigo, Silas, Yuzuru, Sanjay, Nix, Lee, The Brute, Landon, a pretty diverse cast of male characters who aren't old.
If you don't mind me asking, what exactly would you consider an "interesting" male character?
Apparently there is a lack of Teen males. I saw more than one person complain about this.
In my mind there's nothing special about a teen and there are already a few teen males that are great, without the need for a DO character for it, but that is just my preference. I have 0 interest in a teen male.
Well, I can agree with that. Just look at the new releases. 2 MORE Teens for G8F. 0 for Males overall. I don't know why that is, but apparently they don't sell. The only reason why I'd wanna buy a teen male is for the skin texture, and morph it further. I just don't think it's fair to have that more females... But on the other side, I understand PAs, why would they spend their time creating something and risk not selling enough.If there was a very interesting teen male maybe I could be interested in him but the previous generation teens were so generic and bland that I would not be.
I think there are so many other interesting types of characters we don't have yet that caucasian teen male is not one I would be interested in. For example Dasan 8 is very interesting, he looks like he has a back story to him.
Of course this is only my opinion. If there are enough people interested in a teen male, why not have a pro bundle for that.
Another thing I would want to mention though is that lately I see a pattern for pairs of characters being released: CJ and Dain, Leroy and Nida, Jonathan and Josephine. Because of that I would expect a pair to Dasan to be released before anything else.
Maybe the chance for the teen male was missed after Raven of Josie.
Male-M3dia made some G8 male teens that are perfectly good and I think better than something Daz would have come out with to be honest. The downside is that they are only shapes with no textures.
Laurie
After seeing your response, Laurie, I decided to go ahead and post what I was not going to post:
According to Daz representatives from the past, young males sell poorly, even to the point that Tween Ryan 7 was virtually given away for free as a new release. (Perhaps marketing figured, "We're gonna lose money anyway; so, let's buy some customer goodwill instead").
Also, Lucas 8 is late teen to early twenties, and he is probably one of the least popular G8 Core figures, which solidified Daz's original contention (although his orange, waxy, featureless skin and lack of morph personality may be more of a factor in low sales than his age and gender). BTW, Altern8 fixes Lucas 8's skin very nicely.
Although young male is the character category that is least interesting to me, I still need them for scene fillers. This past weekend I was finally able to pick up some wishlisted young males at a price befitting their value to me---though not their high quality: Justin, Josh, Jeremy, & Nick. Them, along with Male-M3dia's unparalleled male teen morph packs (these morphs easily rival Core figure quality in detail and distinctiveness) and skins like Nix 8 and Gage (as well as Genesis 8 UV Swap to use female skins) make it possible to field an entire teen male sports team as well as their opponents with no repetition.
Help identifying model and hair: rabble-rouserAny ideas on the model in the main promo here
https://www.daz3d.com/dforce-rabble-rouser-outfit-for-genesis-8-females
and on the left here (also main promo)
https://www.daz3d.com/dforce-rabble-rouser-firebrand
and her hairdo (I think it's the same in both shots)? Thanks!
Main image for Rabble Rouser -
The character is 50% Teen Josie and 50% Charlotte. It's a favorite combo of mine. For her skin, I used Bramble HD.
Her Hair is OOT Dark Ponytail with Bangs #2 from OOT Mega Updo Hair.
Girl on the Left of the Rabble Rouser Firebrand Promo-The character is 50% Teen Josie and 50% Victoria. The skin is Victoria 8 with some shader tweaking (of course).
Her hair is again a combo. OOT Mega Updo Scalp and Bangs #2. The back fall is Goldtassel's Jolie Hair. Goldtassel has several hairs that have interchangable parts and outoftouch has some too... so I mix and match them together and use Sloshwerk's ColorWerks Hair Shaders for Iray to tie them all together.I hope this was helpful.
Thank you so much! Lovely model!
Dasan 8 is hereWhile I apprechiate artist creating male content, I am quite often disappointed by the content we get. Why is it always pretty white ladies, the asian one who got released a couple of days ago, she is so pretty. I haven't bought her yet, I'm waiting for a sale because this March Madness has drained my wallet quite badly. But everytime we get a new male character, it's old, uninteresting. At least to me. There is 1 item from the bundle I actually wanna get, but that's it. Create a high quality male teen character, just like teen Josie or any others, that way people will buy them in pairs. Just my 2 centsI'm sorry, but which store are you looking at? Because I must respectfully disagree. :P
A lot of the characters are matching pairs. Leroy and Nida, Jonathan and Josephene, Kanade and Yuzuru, Deigo and Gabriela, Elios and Ellithia, Sanjay and Kala, Mr Woo and Mrs Chow, Ollie and Edie, Floyd and Mabel, Monique and Darius, Victoria and Michael, etc...it's not like they're only making young girls and old men.
Also, you've got characters like Deigo, Silas, Yuzuru, Sanjay, Nix, Lee, The Brute, Landon, a pretty diverse cast of male characters who aren't old.
If you don't mind me asking, what exactly would you consider an "interesting" male character?
Apparently there is a lack of Teen males. I saw more than one person complain about this.
In my mind there's nothing special about a teen and there are already a few teen males that are great, without the need for a DO character for it, but that is just my preference. I have 0 interest in a teen male.
Well, I can agree with that. Just look at the new releases. 2 MORE Teens for G8F. 0 for Males overall. I don't know why that is, but apparently they don't sell. The only reason why I'd wanna buy a teen male is for the skin texture, and morph it further. I just don't think it's fair to have that more females... But on the other side, I understand PAs, why would they spend their time creating something and risk not selling enough.If there was a very interesting teen male maybe I could be interested in him but the previous generation teens were so generic and bland that I would not be.
I think there are so many other interesting types of characters we don't have yet that caucasian teen male is not one I would be interested in. For example Dasan 8 is very interesting, he looks like he has a back story to him.
Of course this is only my opinion. If there are enough people interested in a teen male, why not have a pro bundle for that.
Another thing I would want to mention though is that lately I see a pattern for pairs of characters being released: CJ and Dain, Leroy and Nida, Jonathan and Josephine. Because of that I would expect a pair to Dasan to be released before anything else.
Maybe the chance for the teen male was missed after Raven of Josie.
Male-M3dia made some G8 male teens that are perfectly good and I think better than something Daz would have come out with to be honest. The downside is that they are only shapes with no textures.
Laurie
Help identifying model and hair: rabble-rouserAny ideas on the model in the main promo here
https://www.daz3d.com/dforce-rabble-rouser-outfit-for-genesis-8-females
and on the left here (also main promo)
https://www.daz3d.com/dforce-rabble-rouser-firebrand
and her hairdo (I think it's the same in both shots)? Thanks!
Main image for Rabble Rouser -
The character is 50% Teen Josie and 50% Charlotte. It's a favorite combo of mine. For her skin, I used Bramble HD.
Her Hair is OOT Dark Ponytail with Bangs #2 from OOT Mega Updo Hair.
Girl on the Left of the Rabble Rouser Firebrand Promo-The character is 50% Teen Josie and 50% Victoria. The skin is Victoria 8 with some shader tweaking (of course).
Her hair is again a combo. OOT Mega Updo Scalp and Bangs #2. The back fall is Goldtassel's Jolie Hair. Goldtassel has several hairs that have interchangable parts and outoftouch has some too... so I mix and match them together and use Sloshwerk's ColorWerks Hair Shaders for Iray to tie them all together.I hope this was helpful.
The outfit and texture add-on flew into my cart. :) Gorgeous outfit and promos - well done!
Help identifying model and hair: rabble-rouserAny ideas on the model in the main promo here
https://www.daz3d.com/dforce-rabble-rouser-outfit-for-genesis-8-females
and on the left here (also main promo)
https://www.daz3d.com/dforce-rabble-rouser-firebrand
and her hairdo (I think it's the same in both shots)? Thanks!
Main image for Rabble Rouser -
The character is 50% Teen Josie and 50% Charlotte. It's a favorite combo of mine. For her skin, I used Bramble HD.
Her Hair is OOT Dark Ponytail with Bangs #2 from OOT Mega Updo Hair.
Girl on the Left of the Rabble Rouser Firebrand Promo-The character is 50% Teen Josie and 50% Victoria. The skin is Victoria 8 with some shader tweaking (of course).
Her hair is again a combo. OOT Mega Updo Scalp and Bangs #2. The back fall is Goldtassel's Jolie Hair. Goldtassel has several hairs that have interchangable parts and outoftouch has some too... so I mix and match them together and use Sloshwerk's ColorWerks Hair Shaders for Iray to tie them all together.I hope this was helpful.
Thank-you Windfield!Just wanted to send out my deepest thanks to Windfield for making such great hair products! Today's release, Monica Hair, was one of the fastest times I've ever carted an item. I absolutely LOVE it. I love all of the Windfield hairs that I have, and I just wanted to extend my sincerest thanks for such superb items! Thank-you!

That blonde character is fantastic. Is that a commercially available one or something you created yourself? If it's available do you mind sharing her name?
Also for those interested here is a thread I created a while back on how to make transmap hair into dForce enabled using weight maps, for anyone interested in experimenting.
https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/249121/experimenting-with-dforce-on-older-hair/p1
She's actually pretty much straight out-of-the-box Tara 2 HD by Kayleyss. Did a couple of minor surface adjustments, and combined a slight bit of morph from Aurore by the same vendor, but other than that, this is how she comes.
Ooops, I passed on her because of the demon part. I guess I made a mistake! D:
Thank-you Windfield!Just wanted to send out my deepest thanks to Windfield for making such great hair products! Today's release, Monica Hair, was one of the fastest times I've ever carted an item. I absolutely LOVE it. I love all of the Windfield hairs that I have, and I just wanted to extend my sincerest thanks for such superb items! Thank-you!

That blonde character is fantastic. Is that a commercially available one or something you created yourself? If it's available do you mind sharing her name?
Also for those interested here is a thread I created a while back on how to make transmap hair into dForce enabled using weight maps, for anyone interested in experimenting.
https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/249121/experimenting-with-dforce-on-older-hair/p1
She's actually pretty much straight out-of-the-box Tara 2 HD by Kayleyss. Did a couple of minor surface adjustments, and combined a slight bit of morph from Aurore by the same vendor, but other than that, this is how she comes.
User tags in DAZ Install ManagerIf I understand correctly, DAZ Install Manager currently only supports tags that are assigned to products by DAZ.
To help organize large content libraries in DIM, it would be useful if users could assign their own tags to items.
For example, I'd like to be able to tag products by generation -- Genesis 8, Genesis 3, Michael/Victoria 4, etc. -- and by type -- people, animals, props.
This would be helpful in simplifying library organization, reinstalls, etc.
Dasan 8 is hereWhile I apprechiate artist creating male content, I am quite often disappointed by the content we get. Why is it always pretty white ladies, the asian one who got released a couple of days ago, she is so pretty. I haven't bought her yet, I'm waiting for a sale because this March Madness has drained my wallet quite badly. But everytime we get a new male character, it's old, uninteresting. At least to me. There is 1 item from the bundle I actually wanna get, but that's it. Create a high quality male teen character, just like teen Josie or any others, that way people will buy them in pairs. Just my 2 centsI'm sorry, but which store are you looking at? Because I must respectfully disagree. :P
A lot of the characters are matching pairs. Leroy and Nida, Jonathan and Josephene, Kanade and Yuzuru, Deigo and Gabriela, Elios and Ellithia, Sanjay and Kala, Mr Woo and Mrs Chow, Ollie and Edie, Floyd and Mabel, Monique and Darius, Victoria and Michael, etc...it's not like they're only making young girls and old men.
Also, you've got characters like Deigo, Silas, Yuzuru, Sanjay, Nix, Lee, The Brute, Landon, a pretty diverse cast of male characters who aren't old.
If you don't mind me asking, what exactly would you consider an "interesting" male character?
Apparently there is a lack of Teen males. I saw more than one person complain about this.
In my mind there's nothing special about a teen and there are already a few teen males that are great, without the need for a DO character for it, but that is just my preference. I have 0 interest in a teen male.
Well, I can agree with that. Just look at the new releases. 2 MORE Teens for G8F. 0 for Males overall. I don't know why that is, but apparently they don't sell. The only reason why I'd wanna buy a teen male is for the skin texture, and morph it further. I just don't think it's fair to have that more females... But on the other side, I understand PAs, why would they spend their time creating something and risk not selling enough.If there was a very interesting teen male maybe I could be interested in him but the previous generation teens were so generic and bland that I would not be.
I think there are so many other interesting types of characters we don't have yet that caucasian teen male is not one I would be interested in. For example Dasan 8 is very interesting, he looks like he has a back story to him.
Of course this is only my opinion. If there are enough people interested in a teen male, why not have a pro bundle for that.
Another thing I would want to mention though is that lately I see a pattern for pairs of characters being released: CJ and Dain, Leroy and Nida, Jonathan and Josephine. Because of that I would expect a pair to Dasan to be released before anything else.
Maybe the chance for the teen male was missed after Raven of Josie.
Dasan 8 is here
Well, I can agree with that. Just look at the new releases. 2 MORE Teens for G8F. 0 for Males overall. I don't know why that is, but apparently they don't sell. The only reason why I'd wanna buy a teen male is for the skin texture, and morph it further. I just don't think it's fair to have that more females... But on the other side, I understand PAs, why would they spend their time creating something and risk not selling enough.While I apprechiate artist creating male content, I am quite often disappointed by the content we get. Why is it always pretty white ladies, the asian one who got released a couple of days ago, she is so pretty. I haven't bought her yet, I'm waiting for a sale because this March Madness has drained my wallet quite badly. But everytime we get a new male character, it's old, uninteresting. At least to me. There is 1 item from the bundle I actually wanna get, but that's it. Create a high quality male teen character, just like teen Josie or any others, that way people will buy them in pairs. Just my 2 centsI'm sorry, but which store are you looking at? Because I must respectfully disagree. :P
A lot of the characters are matching pairs. Leroy and Nida, Jonathan and Josephene, Kanade and Yuzuru, Deigo and Gabriela, Elios and Ellithia, Sanjay and Kala, Mr Woo and Mrs Chow, Ollie and Edie, Floyd and Mabel, Monique and Darius, Victoria and Michael, etc...it's not like they're only making young girls and old men.
Also, you've got characters like Deigo, Silas, Yuzuru, Sanjay, Nix, Lee, The Brute, Landon, a pretty diverse cast of male characters who aren't old.
If you don't mind me asking, what exactly would you consider an "interesting" male character?
Apparently there is a lack of Teen males. I saw more than one person complain about this.
In my mind there's nothing special about a teen and there are already a few teen males that are great, without the need for a DO character for it, but that is just my preference. I have 0 interest in a teen male.
Autofit? Clone? What do they do exactly?In the days when V4 and M4 were new, if you used any morph dials, only clothes which included the morphs you used would fit the edited figure. Do you recall how Aiko 4 and Hiro 4 were add-ons for V4 and M4? If one used any morphs from Aiko 4 on Victoria 4, then the only clothes that would fit the edited character were the ones which included Aiko 4 morphs (in most cases, unimesh add-ons).
With a weightmapped figure, that's no longer an issue. Genesis 2 female clothes, for example, will fit any Genesis 2 female character - including Aiko 6. No need to buy "unimesh" add-ons. With weight-mapped, it's all built in... whenever it's for the same generation and gender (except the first Genesis, but that one's unusual).
"Clones" for other generations are the tool (or script or whatever you want to call it) that allows clothes from the "clone" generation to fit another generation. So if you want clothes from Genesis 2 female to mostly automatically fit Genesis 8 female, you would need either a "Genesis 2 female clone for Genesis 8 female," or else one of the female Genesis 8 DAZ core figures (see "backward compatibility" in any of those character's descriptions).
If you've fallen behind, it can be helpful to know that there is no Genesis 4, 5, or 6. The number was jumped ahead, to make it match its generation.
Previously, the number after Genesis reflected which generation of Genesis was being used. Beginning at the current generation of figures, the number now matches which generation of overall DAZ figures. (Victoria and Michael were generation 1. Then there were V2 and M2, V3 and M3, V4 and M4 ... Genesis is generation 5, Genesis 2 is generation 6, Genesis 3 is generation 7, and then currently Genesis 8 is generation 8.)
Auto-fit, which seems to be built into all the later versions of DAZ|Studio, uses the clones to do its job best. So you should already have auto-fit, but that's only half of what you need. If, for example, you have the V4 clone for Genesis 2 female, but don't have a Genesis clone, then your Genesis 2 females can wear V4 clothing but not Genesis clothing. At least, not without tons of manual adjustments and maybe run those clothes through some variety of converter.
I don't know the how's or why's. I have only learned what works - from a combination of trial and error, and of seeing what other people post in these forums.
Hope it helps.
Thanks for the very detailed info.
I'm considering the possibility of transfering custom poser resources to daz format, and they use the very old deforming sphere zones for bone control, thanks to my poor ability.
I suppose a autofitted clothing has new weightmaps, otherwise it no longer fits the body as soon as the body changes pose. So if I create a cloth for V4 and have V4 for G2 clone, will DS calculate the weightmaps for me to fit G2? That can be an easier way to make G2 clothing because I can't create weightmaps
.











