• Daz 3D
  • Shop
  • 3D Software
    • Daz Studio Premier
    • Daz Studio
    • Install Manager
    • Exporters
    • Daz to Roblox
    • Daz to Maya
    • Daz to Blender
    • Daz to Unreal
    • Daz to Unity
    • Daz to 3ds Max
    • Daz to Cinema 4D
  • 3D Models
    • Genesis 9
    • Genesis 8.1
    • Free 3D Models
    • Game Ready
  • Community
    • Gallery
    • Forums
    • Blog
    • Press
    • Help
  • Memberships
    • Daz Premier
    • Daz Plus
    • Daz Base
    • Compare
  • AI Solutions
  • Download Studio
  • Menu
  • Daz 3D
  • Shop
  • 3d Software
    • Daz Studio Premier
    • Daz Studio
    • Install Manager
    • Exporters
    • Daz to Roblox
    • Daz to Maya
    • Daz to Blender
    • Daz to Unreal
    • Daz to Unity
    • Daz to 3ds Max
    • Daz to Cinema 4D
  • 3D Models
    • Genesis 9
    • Genesis 8.1
    • Free 3D Models
  • Community
    • Our Community
    • Gallery
    • Forums
    • Blog
    • Press
    • Help
  • Memberships
    • Daz Premier
    • Daz Plus
    • Daz Base
    • Compare
  • AI Solutions

Notifications

You currently have no notifications.

Loading...
Daz 3D Forums > Search
  • Novica & Forum Members Tips & Product Reviews Pt 13

    Updating what has not been used yet:


    G8F Core: Caryn 8, Karyssa 8, Mika 8, Penny 8, Sakura 8, Stephanie 8, Sydney 8, Teen Kaylee 8, Victoria 8

    G8M Core:  Jonanthan 8, Landon 8, Tobyn 8

     

    Mary

    I believe Caryn and Tobyn are not "8" core characters. They are "for Genesis 8" characters, like PA characters are. Their names are not really Caryn 8 or Tobyn 8, they are Caryn HD for Genesis 8 Female and Tobyn HD for Genesis 8 Male. Of course that doesn't mean they can't be included. I'd say it is up to Novica whether she wants to extend the gene pool that far.

    By

    barbult barbult April 2020 in Art Studio
  • Novica & Forum Members Tips & Product Reviews Pt 13

     

    Sydney 8   Victoria 8

    Sydney 8 50% Victoria 8 50% Sydney 8 Materials

    Sydney 8 50% Victoria 8 50% Victoria 8 Materials

    By

    barbult barbult April 2020 in Art Studio
  • G8 individual head dials

    "click on the Head"

    Where are you doing this? In the Scene tab? If so, then the behaviour that you are describing is normal - only the pose controls for the head will be shown under the Parameters tab. If you select G8F in the scene rather than just the head, all the available morphs and pose sliders for the figure will be shown under the Parameters tab. You can then narrow that down by expanding the left pain, i.e, choosing Actor > Head > Face, etc., or choose Pose Controls if you only want to pose, rather than morph, the figure.

    I am not sure what you are referring to when you say your G3F does not behave as I have described for G8F, because it does - selecting the head in the Scene tab will result in only the pose controls appearing under the Parameters tab, just like G8F. Older figures, like Victoria 4, needed the head selected in order to access facial pose/expression sliders which did not appear in the Parameters tab with the entire figure selected. The newer figures (Genesis, Genesis 2, Genesis 3 and Genesis 8) display all the morph and pose sliders for the figure with the entire figure selected.

    By

    SixDs SixDs April 2020 in New Users
  • Novica & Forum Members Tips & Product Reviews Pt 13

    Updating what has not been used yet:


    G8F Core: Caryn 8, Karyssa 8, Mika 8, Penny 8, Sakura 8, Stephanie 8, Sydney 8, Teen Kaylee 8, Victoria 8

    G8M Core:  Jonanthan 8, Landon 8, Tobyn 8

     

    Mary

    Completed:
     

    Aiko 8 / The Girl 8
    Alexandra 8 / Leisa 8
    Babina 8 / Tasha 8  

    Bridget 8 / Mrs. Chow 8
    Charlotte 8 / Robyn 8

    Christian 8 / Lucas 8
    CJ 8 / Monique 8
    Dain 8 / Leroy 8
    Dain 8 / Owen 8
    Darcy 8 / Zalara 8
    Darius 8 / Diego 8
    Dasan 8 / Lucas 8
    Edie 8 / Mabel 8
    Edward 8 / Tristan 8

    Ellithia  8 / Kanade 8
    Eva 8 / Gia 8
    Eva 8 / Monique
    Floyd 8 / Nix 8
    Floyd 8 / Owen 8
    Gabriela 8 / Latonya 8
    Jenni 8 / Kala 8
    Jenni 8 / Nida 8
    Josephine 8 / Rynne 8
    Kala 8 / Teen Raven 8

    Kanade 8 / Teen Jane 8
    Latonya 8 / Teen Josie 8

    Lee 8  / Toon Dwayne 8
    Mabel 8 / The Girl 8

    Mei Lin 8 / Zalara 8
    Michael 8 / Silas 8
    Mr Woo 8 / Yuzuru 8

    Ollie 8 / Vladamir 8
    Olympia 8 / Teen Raven 8
    Robyn 8 / Tika 8
    Sanjay 8 / Vladmir 8
    Syndey 8 / Victoria 8
         In Progress
    The Brute 8 / Vladmir 8

     

    By

    memcneil70 memcneil70 April 2020 in Art Studio
  • Ladies AND Laddies of Mousso appreciation thread

    nice renders @Thyranq and @mr clam.  Sorry to see your image was removed @Sisyphus1977 are you on deviant art?

    I am over at dA, under here.

    So here is Kallisto redux....I think this version should pass the police, but I don't know.  Glad they ended up flagging the last one as I really did not like the lighting setup, so I redid it for this one.

    "Balancing Act"

    A scene with Kallisto, balancing while removing her heels prior to taking a nice hot bath to relax and destress.  

    Assets used:

    Hair: Cafe Curls for Genesis 8 Female(s)

    Wardrobe: Angels Secrets Lingerie and Poses for Genesis 3 and 8 Female(s), Hongyu's Dream Lace 3 for Victoria 7 and  (shoes) Sandals 4 for Genesis 8 Female(s)

    Set Dressing: Onyx Bed and Bath

     

    By

    Sisyphus1977 Sisyphus1977 April 2020 in Art Studio
  • Novica & Forum Members Tips & Product Reviews Pt 13

    Aiko 8 / The Girl 8
    Alexandra 8 / Leisa 8
    Babina 8 / Tasha 8  

    Bridget 8 / Mrs. Chow 8
    Charlotte 8 / Robyn 8

    Christian 8 / Lucas 8
    CJ 8 / Monique 8
    Dain 8 / Leroy 8
    Dain 8 / Owen 8
    Darcy 8 / Zalara 8
    Darius 8 / Diego 8
    Dasan 8 / Lucas 8
    Edie 8 / Mabel 8
    Ellithia  8 / Kanade 8
    Eva 8 / Gia 8
    Eva 8 / Monique
    Floyd 8 / Nix 8
    Floyd 8 / Owen 8
    Gabriela 8 / Latonya 8
    Jenni 8 / Kala 8
    Jenni 8 / Nida 8
    Josephine 8 / Rynne 8
    Kala 8 / Teen Raven 8

    Kanade 8 / Teen Jane 8
    Latonya 8 / Teen Josie 8

    Lee 8  / Toon Dwayne 8
    Mabel 8 / The Girl 8

    Mei Lin 8 / Zalara 8
    Michael 8 / Silas 8
    Mr Woo 8 / Yuzuru 8

    Ollie 8 / Vladamir 8
    Olympia 8 / Teen Raven 8
    Robyn 8 / Tika 8
    Sanjay 8 / Vladmir 8
    Syndey 8 / Victoria 8
         In Progress
    The Brute 8 / Vladmir 8

    By

    barbult barbult April 2020 in Art Studio
  • Novica & Forum Members Tips & Product Reviews Pt 13

    Aiko 8 / The Girl 8
    Alexandra 8 / Leisa 8
    Babina 8 / Tasha 8  

    Bridget 8 / Mrs. Chow 8
    Charlotte 8 / Robyn 8    In Progress

    Christian 8 / Lucas 8
    CJ 8 / Monique 8
    Dain 8 / Leroy 8
    Dain 8 / Owen 8
    Darcy 8 / Zalara 8
    Darius 8 / Diego 8
    Dasan 8 / Lucas 8
    Edie 8 / Mabel 8
    Ellithia  8 / Kanade 8
    Eva 8 / Gia 8
    Eva 8 / Monique
    Floyd 8 / Nix 8
    Floyd 8 / Owen 8
    Gabriela 8 / Latonya 8
    Jenni 8 / Kala 8
    Jenni 8 / Nida 8
    Josephine 8 / Rynne 8
    Kala 8 / Teen Raven 8

    Kanade 8 / Teen Jane 8
    Lee 8  / Toon Dwayne 8
    Mabel 8 / The Girl 8

    Mei Lin 8 / Zalara 8
    Michael 8 / Silas 8
    Mr Woo 8 / Yuzuru 8

    Ollie 8 / Vladamir 8
    Olympia 8 / Teen Raven 8
    Robyn 8 / Tika 8
    Sanjay 8 / Vladmir 8
    Syndey 8 / Victoria 8
         In Progress
    The Brute 8 / Vladmir 8

     

    By

    memcneil70 memcneil70 April 2020 in Art Studio
  • Novica & Forum Members Tips & Product Reviews Pt 13

    Aiko 8 / The Girl 8
    Alexandra 8 / Leisa 8
    Babina 8 / Tasha 8  

    Bridget 8 / Mrs. Chow 8
    Charlotte 8 / Robyn 8    In Progress

    Christian 8 / Lucas 8
    CJ 8 / Monique 8
    Dain 8 / Leroy 8
    Dain 8 / Owen 8
    Darcy 8 / Zalara 8
    Darius 8 / Diego 8
    Dasan 8 / Lucas 8
    Edie 8 / Mabel 8
    Ellithia  8 / Kanade 8
    Eva 8 / Gia 8
    Eva 8 / Monique
    Floyd 8 / Nix 8
    Floyd 8 / Owen 8
    Gabriela 8 / Latonya 8
    Jenni 8 / Kala 8
    Jenni 8 / Nida 8
    Josephine 8 / Rynne 8
    Kala 8 / Teen Raven 8

    Kanade 8 / Teen Jane 8
    Lee 8  / Toon Dwayne 8
    Mabel 8 / The Girl 8

    Mei Lin 8 / Zalara 8
    Michael 8 / Silas 8

    Ollie 8 / Vladamir 8
    Olympia 8 / Teen Raven 8
    Robyn 8 / Tika 8
    Sanjay 8 / Vladmir 8
    Syndey 8 / Victoria 8
         In Progress
    The Brute 8 / Vladmir 8

    By

    barbult barbult April 2020 in Art Studio
  • Novica & Forum Members Tips & Product Reviews Pt 13

    I went into my files and cross-checked against the reported list of who has been renderd or is scheduled and found the following G8 Core characters are still available:

    G8F Core: Caryn 8, Karyssa 8, Mika 8, Penny 8, Sakura 8, Stephanie 8, Sydney 8, Teen Josie 8, Teen Kaylee 8, Victoria 8

    G8M Core: Edward 8, Jonanthan 8, Landon 8, Tobyn 8, Tristan 8

    (I went off the last listing Novica posted just above.) I hope this is helpful for anyone looking for ideas.

    I also find it interesting the characters that were used twice and the one that was used three times (Vladimir 8).

    Mary

     

    By

    memcneil70 memcneil70 April 2020 in Art Studio
  • Novica & Forum Members Tips & Product Reviews Pt 13

    Hmm Victoria 8, Sydney 8, Mika 8 I dont see.

    Wow, they're not in the scrolling bar that comes up when you do a search for Pro Bundle.  We'll have to include them :) 

    By

    Novica Novica April 2020 in Art Studio
  • Novica & Forum Members Tips & Product Reviews Pt 13

    Hmm Victoria 8, Sydney 8, Mika 8 I dont see.

    By

    Daventaki Daventaki April 2020 in Art Studio
  • Need some help installing an item from Renderosity.

    I bought an item from Renderosity, thought I installed it right (I use Daz 4.12), but when I try to use them (This pair of shoes: (/bcs/lysithea-shoes---for-genesis-8-and-victoria-8/136677/)  they appear as textureless blocks.  The poses that came with the shoes also do not show up in my library properly.   I am not sure if I missed something, intalled them incorrectly or if they just don't work properly. 

    Mod edited -unsolicited off site commercial link

    By

    S_Monger S_Monger April 2020 in Technical Help (nuts n bolts)
  • Tips for organizing textures/materials with wardrobe?

    The amazing RSSY conversion products, such as RSSY Clothing Converter from Victoria 4 to Genesis 8 Female, have opened up vast vistas of wardrobe options and the salvaging of many older products—and even putting them into Smart Content. For me, at least, this is proving to be a mixed blessing.

    For products originally made for Poser, which includes a lot of the V4 items, all the materials/textures for the wardrobe items remain in the often arcanely named maze-room folders of the Poser Runtime directory. There seems to be little-to-no consistency in the names of folders in which such textures/materials were installed, especially with third-party textures/materials created for a certain wardrobe item.

    How do you veterans deal with this? Is there any way to get these textures/materials—whether originally supplied with the product or third-party—associated in any logical way with their intended wardrobe products, so they are easy to find and use?

    I am not a Daz Veteran, for me it's only been 3 years, but I feel like one after manually downloading 1.52 TB of Daz and creating 25K custom folders which hold almos 5ook files. I too own that RSSY product. But because software changes and I have more control over my external drives, I tend to create a product folder and if I buy a texture or addon for it, I name another folder the same name, with a hyphen and extend the name to include what the PA decided to name it. If I need to find something I use my folder structure and naming structure to pick and choose. For example, I have a folder called footwear. Within that folder I have subfolders called Flats, Heels, Platforms etc. I also have cross references in a folder called ! In Other Folders. for footwear included with outfits. If I need to find some runners or dress shoes I can. I treat my inventory like a super store and the subfolders are akin to departments eg footwear, with aisles for types of footwear. Once upon a time I did programming and built websites, and learned the benefit of sections and naming concepts. My structure is much more than I am posting here, because I don't have time to write a novella, but finding a filing format & naming structure that works for you, will work best.

    I've read this three times, @ArtAngel, and I'm going to be reading it again, because it's sort of like being shown the Copernican heliocentrism model for the first time and being told that the universe does not, in fact, rotate around the My Daz 3D Library folder.

    I'm more than a little bit stunned. I've been operating under the idée fixe that I had to leave its structure just as Daz and DIM set it up. That things installed into "data" had to stay in "data," and things iinstalled into "People" had better stay right where they were put inside "People," and when it comes to "Runtime"—well, don't even think about touching or messing about with "Runtime," into which both Daz Studio AND Poser items are dumped installed with a precision that would make NASA engineers feel faint.

    And here you just— Good land! You just take control and set things up how you want them, in ways that you can find them?!?!

    I'm not exaggerating to say I'm stunned. I'm going to have to unlearn a heck of a lot before I set forth on a journey to learn what you seem to know. Where did you get the knowledge about what you can—and cannot—do in setting up your own filing/folders system? Right now, with the number of projects I have in progress, I'd be scared silly to attempt to restructure things, absent a very sound re-education in this topic.

    Anything you can tell me, or any tutorial/documentation sources you can share, would be invaluable. Thanks for opening my eyes!

    By

    mavante mavante April 2020 in The Commons
  • Tips for organizing textures/materials with wardrobe?

    The amazing RSSY conversion products, such as RSSY Clothing Converter from Victoria 4 to Genesis 8 Female, have opened up vast vistas of wardrobe options and the salvaging of many older products—and even putting them into Smart Content. For me, at least, this is proving to be a mixed blessing.

    For products originally made for Poser, which includes a lot of the V4 items, all the materials/textures for the wardrobe items remain in the often arcanely named maze-room folders of the Poser Runtime directory. There seems to be little-to-no consistency in the names of folders in which such textures/materials were installed, especially with third-party textures/materials created for a certain wardrobe item.

    How do you veterans deal with this? Is there any way to get these textures/materials—whether originally supplied with the product or third-party—associated in any logical way with their intended wardrobe products, so they are easy to find and use?

    I am not a Daz Veteran, for me it's only been 3 years, but I feel like one after manually downloading 1.52 TB of Daz and creating 25K custom folders which hold almos 5ook files. I too own that RSSY product. But because software changes and I have more control over my external drives, I tend to create a product folder and if I buy a texture or addon for it, I name another folder the same name, with a hyphen and extend the name to include what the PA decided to name it. If I need to find something I use my folder structure and naming structure to pick and choose. For example, I have a folder called footwear. Within that folder I have subfolders called Flats, Heels, Platforms etc. I also have cross references in a folder called ! In Other Folders. for footwear included with outfits. If I need to find some runners or dress shoes I can. I treat my inventory like a super store and the subfolders are akin to departments eg footwear, with aisles for types of footwear. Once upon a time I did programming and built websites, and learned the benefit of sections and naming concepts. My structure is much more than I am posting here, because I don't have time to write a novella, but finding a filing format & naming structure that works for you, will work best.

    By

    ArtAngel ArtAngel April 2020 in The Commons
  • Anyone ever try it on V4?

    I know that there is a V4 clone for G8, so I wonder if there is a way to do that backwards? I don't know enough about clones to tell if it's possible or not to make a G8F clone for V4.

    Edit - I found this, so it sounds like it's possible (though it does sound pretty complicated): https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/325241/how-to-make-a-clothes-fit-and-work-for-victoria-4

    Thanks ... I'll check it out :)

    By

    WillowRaven WillowRaven April 2020 in The Commons
  • Anyone ever try it on V4?

    I know that there is a V4 clone for G8, so I wonder if there is a way to do that backwards? I don't know enough about clones to tell if it's possible or not to make a G8F clone for V4.

    Edit - I found this, so it sounds like it's possible (though it does sound pretty complicated): https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/325241/how-to-make-a-clothes-fit-and-work-for-victoria-4

    By

    3Diva 3Diva April 2020 in The Commons
  • Tips for organizing textures/materials with wardrobe?

    The amazing RSSY conversion products, such as RSSY Clothing Converter from Victoria 4 to Genesis 8 Female, have opened up vast vistas of wardrobe options and the salvaging of many older products—and even putting them into Smart Content. For me, at least, this is proving to be a mixed blessing.

    For products originally made for Poser, which includes a lot of the V4 items, all the materials/textures for the wardrobe items remain in the often arcanely named maze-room folders of the Poser Runtime directory. There seems to be little-to-no consistency in the names of folders in which such textures/materials were installed, especially with third-party textures/materials created for a certain wardrobe item.

    How do you veterans deal with this? Is there any way to get these textures/materials—whether originally supplied with the product or third-party—associated in any logical way with their intended wardrobe products, so they are easy to find and use?

    By

    mavante mavante April 2020 in The Commons
  • Dasan 8 is here
    While I apprechiate artist creating male content, I am quite often disappointed by the content we get. Why is it always pretty white ladies, the asian one who got released a couple of days ago, she is so pretty. I haven't bought her yet, I'm waiting for a sale because this March Madness has drained my wallet quite badly. But everytime we get a new male character, it's old, uninteresting. At least to me. There is 1 item from the bundle I actually wanna get, but that's it. Create a high quality male teen character, just like teen Josie or any others, that way people will buy them in pairs. Just my 2 cents

    I'm sorry, but which store are you looking at? Because I must respectfully disagree. :P

    A lot of the characters are matching pairs. Leroy and Nida, Jonathan and Josephene, Kanade and Yuzuru, Deigo and Gabriela, Elios and Ellithia, Sanjay and Kala, Mr Woo and Mrs Chow, Ollie and Edie, Floyd and Mabel, Monique and Darius, Victoria and Michael, etc...it's not like they're only making young girls and old men.

    Also, you've got characters like Deigo, Silas, Yuzuru, Sanjay, Nix, Lee, The Brute, Landon, a pretty diverse cast of male characters who aren't old.

    If you don't mind me asking, what exactly would you consider an "interesting" male character?

    Apparently there is a lack of Teen males. I saw more than one person complain about this.

    In my mind there's nothing special about a teen and there are already a few teen males that are great, without the need for a DO character for it, but that is just my preference. I have 0 interest in a teen male.

     

    Well, I can agree with that. Just look at the new releases. 2 MORE Teens for G8F. 0 for Males overall. I don't know why that is, but apparently they don't sell. The only reason why I'd wanna buy a teen male is for the skin texture, and morph it further. I just don't think it's fair to have that more females... But on the other side, I understand PAs, why would they spend their time creating something and risk not selling enough.

    If there was a very interesting teen male maybe I could be interested in him but the previous generation teens were so generic and bland that I would not be.

    I think there are so many other interesting types of characters we don't have yet that caucasian teen male is not one I would be interested in. For example Dasan 8 is very interesting, he looks like he has a back story to him. 

    Of course this is only my opinion. If there are enough people interested in a teen male, why not have a pro bundle for that.

    Another thing I would want to mention though is that lately I see a pattern for pairs of characters being released: CJ and Dain, Leroy and Nida, Jonathan and Josephine. Because of that I would expect a pair to Dasan to be released before anything else.

    Maybe the chance for the teen male was missed after Raven of Josie. 

    Male-M3dia made some G8 male teens that are perfectly good and I think better than something Daz would have come out with to be honest. The downside is that they are only shapes with no textures.

    Laurie

    After seeing your response, Laurie, I decided to go ahead and post what I was not going to post:

    According to Daz representatives from the past, young males sell poorly, even to the point that Tween Ryan 7 was virtually given away for free as a new release. (Perhaps marketing figured, "We're gonna lose money anyway; so, let's buy some customer goodwill instead").

    Also, Lucas 8 is late teen to early twenties, and he is probably one of the least popular G8 Core figures, which solidified Daz's original contention (although his orange, waxy, featureless skin and lack of morph personality may be more of a factor in low sales than his age and gender). BTW, Altern8 fixes Lucas 8's skin very nicely.

    Although young male is the character category that is least interesting to me, I still need them for scene fillers. This past weekend I was finally able to pick up some wishlisted young males at a price befitting their value to me---though not their high quality: Justin, Josh, Jeremy, & Nick. Them, along with Male-M3dia's unparalleled male teen morph packs (these morphs easily rival Core figure quality in detail and distinctiveness) and skins like Nix 8 and Gage (as well as Genesis 8 UV Swap to use female skins) make it possible to field an entire teen male sports team as well as their opponents with no repetition.

     

    I believe Lucas's poor sale performance isn't so much due to him being young and Male ... but that he wasn't such a convincing character. Mousso's new Asher is also young and Male and seems to perform well.

     

    I would agree that in my opinion Lucas just seemed very plain or his features seemed generic compared to some of the sharper features that could seem more striking or memorable. They don't always have to be good features as we see with Ollie, but it helps him stand out and adds something different to the mix.

    That's exactly true.

    That is why I liked Ollie, why I like Dasan. They stand out. They are not handsome by any conventional ways (maybe Dasan used to be in his youth) but they stand out. They look like they have a life outsite of the render, a personality.

    By

    alex86fire alex86fire April 2020 in The Commons
  • Dasan 8 is here
    While I apprechiate artist creating male content, I am quite often disappointed by the content we get. Why is it always pretty white ladies, the asian one who got released a couple of days ago, she is so pretty. I haven't bought her yet, I'm waiting for a sale because this March Madness has drained my wallet quite badly. But everytime we get a new male character, it's old, uninteresting. At least to me. There is 1 item from the bundle I actually wanna get, but that's it. Create a high quality male teen character, just like teen Josie or any others, that way people will buy them in pairs. Just my 2 cents

    I'm sorry, but which store are you looking at? Because I must respectfully disagree. :P

    A lot of the characters are matching pairs. Leroy and Nida, Jonathan and Josephene, Kanade and Yuzuru, Deigo and Gabriela, Elios and Ellithia, Sanjay and Kala, Mr Woo and Mrs Chow, Ollie and Edie, Floyd and Mabel, Monique and Darius, Victoria and Michael, etc...it's not like they're only making young girls and old men.

    Also, you've got characters like Deigo, Silas, Yuzuru, Sanjay, Nix, Lee, The Brute, Landon, a pretty diverse cast of male characters who aren't old.

    If you don't mind me asking, what exactly would you consider an "interesting" male character?

    Apparently there is a lack of Teen males. I saw more than one person complain about this.

    In my mind there's nothing special about a teen and there are already a few teen males that are great, without the need for a DO character for it, but that is just my preference. I have 0 interest in a teen male.

     

    Well, I can agree with that. Just look at the new releases. 2 MORE Teens for G8F. 0 for Males overall. I don't know why that is, but apparently they don't sell. The only reason why I'd wanna buy a teen male is for the skin texture, and morph it further. I just don't think it's fair to have that more females... But on the other side, I understand PAs, why would they spend their time creating something and risk not selling enough.

    If there was a very interesting teen male maybe I could be interested in him but the previous generation teens were so generic and bland that I would not be.

    I think there are so many other interesting types of characters we don't have yet that caucasian teen male is not one I would be interested in. For example Dasan 8 is very interesting, he looks like he has a back story to him. 

    Of course this is only my opinion. If there are enough people interested in a teen male, why not have a pro bundle for that.

    Another thing I would want to mention though is that lately I see a pattern for pairs of characters being released: CJ and Dain, Leroy and Nida, Jonathan and Josephine. Because of that I would expect a pair to Dasan to be released before anything else.

    Maybe the chance for the teen male was missed after Raven of Josie. 

    Male-M3dia made some G8 male teens that are perfectly good and I think better than something Daz would have come out with to be honest. The downside is that they are only shapes with no textures.

    Laurie

    After seeing your response, Laurie, I decided to go ahead and post what I was not going to post:

    According to Daz representatives from the past, young males sell poorly, even to the point that Tween Ryan 7 was virtually given away for free as a new release. (Perhaps marketing figured, "We're gonna lose money anyway; so, let's buy some customer goodwill instead").

    Also, Lucas 8 is late teen to early twenties, and he is probably one of the least popular G8 Core figures, which solidified Daz's original contention (although his orange, waxy, featureless skin and lack of morph personality may be more of a factor in low sales than his age and gender). BTW, Altern8 fixes Lucas 8's skin very nicely.

    Although young male is the character category that is least interesting to me, I still need them for scene fillers. This past weekend I was finally able to pick up some wishlisted young males at a price befitting their value to me---though not their high quality: Justin, Josh, Jeremy, & Nick. Them, along with Male-M3dia's unparalleled male teen morph packs (these morphs easily rival Core figure quality in detail and distinctiveness) and skins like Nix 8 and Gage (as well as Genesis 8 UV Swap to use female skins) make it possible to field an entire teen male sports team as well as their opponents with no repetition.

    I believe Lucas's poor sale performance isn't so much due to him being young and Male ... but that he wasn't such a convincing character. Mousso's new Asher is also young and Male and seems to perform well.

    I would agree that in my opinion Lucas just seemed very plain or his features seemed generic compared to some of the sharper features that could seem more striking or memorable. They don't always have to be good features as we see with Ollie, but it helps him stand out and adds something different to the mix.

    By

    Patrick Tyner Patrick Tyner April 2020 in The Commons
  • Why does every female two piece swimsuit on this site insist on having low rise waists?

    There are a few not so low cut ones :

    https://www.daz3d.com/isla-bikini-for-genesis-8-females

    What you want looks a lot like the Isla Bikini JVRender linked above.

    Some other ones from the other store: 

    https://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/index.php?ViewProduct=142356

    https://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/index.php?ViewProduct=142189

    https://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/index.php?ViewProduct=111579

    https://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/index.php?ViewProduct=122321

    Ah, missed this on your first post JV, thanks for re-pointing it out Alex. Yes, that's almost precisely the bottom I was looking for. Now, if only there were some more options. I already have a couple of the ones you posted from Renderosity. I like the 3DAge stuff a lot, and have quite a bit of it, I just have no idea how to successfully port it over to G3F or G8F. I am also a huge fan of high cut leotards, and they have some brilliant ones that would look so damn good on modern figures. Any paths you know to get that stuff over to modern figures?

    Happy to help.

    For converting I think the best and easiest way are the converters from https://www.daz3d.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=rssy+converter .

    For this particular bathing suit https://www.daz3d.com/rssy-clothing-converter-from-victoria-4-to-genesis-8-female this is the one that fits.

    Also Luciel's suggestion sounds pretty good.

    This is a fast example of using Fit control to convert https://www.daz3d.com/realfit-hipster-bikini.

    In first image I have the original on the left and the modified with fit control add-on on the right. Note that I did this pretty fast but there are a lot more sliders to this even more accurately.

    The second image I have the same hipster bikini on the left but modified only with it's own morphs, and the same modified with fit control on the right for comparison.

    By

    alex86fire alex86fire April 2020 in The Commons
Previous Next
Adding to Cart…

Daz 3D is part of Tafi

Connect

DAZ Productions, Inc.
7533 S Center View Ct #4664
West Jordan, UT 84084

HELP

Contact Us

Tutorials

Help Center

Sell Your 3D Content

Affiliate Program

Documentation Center

Open Source

Consent Preferences

JOIN DAZ

Memberships

Blog

About Us

Press

Careers

Bridges

Community

In the Studio

Gallery

Forum

DAZ STORE

Shop

Freebies

Published Artists

Licensing Agreement | Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | EULA

© 2026 Daz Productions Inc. All Rights Reserved.