• Daz 3D
  • Shop
  • 3D Software
    • Daz Studio Premier
    • Daz Studio
    • Install Manager
    • Exporters
    • Daz to Roblox
    • Daz to Maya
    • Daz to Blender
    • Daz to Unreal
    • Daz to Unity
    • Daz to 3ds Max
    • Daz to Cinema 4D
  • 3D Models
    • Genesis 9
    • Genesis 8.1
    • Free 3D Models
    • Game Ready
  • Community
    • Gallery
    • Forums
    • Blog
    • Press
    • Help
  • Memberships
    • Daz Premier
    • Daz Plus
    • Daz Base
    • Compare
  • AI Solutions
  • Download Studio
  • Menu
  • Daz 3D
  • Shop
  • 3d Software
    • Daz Studio Premier
    • Daz Studio
    • Install Manager
    • Exporters
    • Daz to Roblox
    • Daz to Maya
    • Daz to Blender
    • Daz to Unreal
    • Daz to Unity
    • Daz to 3ds Max
    • Daz to Cinema 4D
  • 3D Models
    • Genesis 9
    • Genesis 8.1
    • Free 3D Models
  • Community
    • Our Community
    • Gallery
    • Forums
    • Blog
    • Press
    • Help
  • Memberships
    • Daz Premier
    • Daz Plus
    • Daz Base
    • Compare
  • AI Solutions

Notifications

You currently have no notifications.

Loading...
Daz 3D Forums > Search
  • Help identifying character please

    Best I could whip up. Michelle's texture, so I tried dialing in a bit of her head as well, didn't look quite right. Added in a bit of the Tara 2 (same vendor as Michelle) head morph as well. Looks close, but not quite. Those expressions in the promos really set it off, and they're hard to duplicate.

    65% Michelle's head, 32.5% Tara 2 - it's not DEAD ON, but it's in the ballpark.

    That is very good looking.  Comparing the two, I personally like your version a bit better.

    The beauty of the genesis models is how easy it is to whip up a custom character just by dialing in a few character morphs here and there.

    By

    Mattymanx Mattymanx May 2020 in The Commons
  • Help identifying character please

    Best I could whip up. Michelle's texture, so I tried dialing in a bit of her head as well, didn't look quite right. Added in a bit of the Tara 2 (same vendor as Michelle) head morph as well. Looks close, but not quite. Those expressions in the promos really set it off, and they're hard to duplicate.

    65% Michelle's head, 32.5% Tara 2 - it's not DEAD ON, but it's in the ballpark.

    By

    Thyranq Thyranq May 2020 in The Commons
  • Who's Next to Join the G8 Family?
    • Genesis got 9 core figures (4 females and 5 males)
    • Genesis 2 got 22 core figures (15 females and 7 males)
    • Genesis 3 got 34 core figures (21 females and 13 males)
    • Genesis 8 reached 68 core figures (42 females and 26 males)

    https://www.daz3d.com/genesis-8-core-figures

     

      2017 2018 2019 2020
    January   01/09/18 - #11 Owen 8
    01/23/18 - #12 Karyssa 8
    01/02/19 - #34 Christian 8
    01/15/19 - #35 Sydney 8
    01/22/20 - #60 CJ 8
    01/28/20 - #61 Dain 8
    February   02/13/18 - #13 Alexandra 8
    02/22/18 - #14 Edward 8
    02/05/19 - #36 Tasha 8
    02/19/19 - #37 Landon 8
    02/04/20 - #62 Leroy 8
    02/18/20 - #63 Nida 8
    March   03/13/18 - #15 Aiko 8
    03/27/18 - #16 Ollie 8
    03/05/19 - #38 Bridget 8
    03/19/19 - #39 Mrs. Chow 8
    03/03/20 - #64 Jonathan 8
    03/17/20 - #65 Josephene 8
    April   04/11/18 - #17 Penny 8
    04/24/18 - #18 Edie 8
    04/04/19 - #40 Mr. Woo 8
    04/25/19 - #41 Tika 8
    04/07/20 - #66 Dasan 8
    04/22/20 - #67 Alawa 8
    May   05/09/18 - #19 Mika 8
    05/22/18 - #20 Floyd 8
    05/09/19 - #42 Sanjay 8
    05/23/19 - #43 Kala 8
    05/06/20 - #68 Valentino 8
    June
    06/15/17 - #01 Victoria 8
    06/05/18 - #21 The Girl 8
    06/19/18 - DAZ Dog 8
    06/06/19 - #44 Elios 8
    06/20/19 - #45 Ellithia 8
     
    July
    07/25/17 - #02 Olympia 8
    07/03/18 - #22 Teen Kaylee 8
    07/17/18 - #23 Mabel 8
    07/04/19 - #46 Teen Jane 8
    07/17/19 - #47 Kanade 8
     
    August
    08/22/17 - #03 Michael 8
    08/10/18 - #24 Zelara 8
    08/21/18 - #25 Toon Dwayne 8
    08/08/19 - #48 Gabriela 8
    08/22/19 - #49 Diego 8
    08/29/19 - Centaur 8
     
    September
    09/19/17 - #04 Teen Josie 8
    09/04/18 - #26 Latonya 8
    09/18/18 - #27 The Brute 8
    09/05/19 - #50 Babina 8
    09/19/19 - #51 Silas 8
     
    October 10/03/17 - #05 Stephanie 8
    10/17/17 - #06 Lucas 8
    10/02/18 - #28 Gia 8
    10/18/18 - #29 Vladimir 8
    10/03/19 - #52 Teen Raven 8
    10/19/19 - #53 Yuzuru 8
     
    November 11/14/17 - #07 Monique 8
    11/28/17 - #08 Darius 8
    11/06/18 - #30 Mei Lin 8
    11/22/18 - #31 Lee 8
    11/05/19 - #54 Leisa 8
    11/22/19 - #55 Jenni 8
    11/28/19 - #56 Robyn 8
     
    December 12/12/17 - #09 Charlotte 8
    12/26/17 - #10 Sakura 8
    12/04/18 - #32 Eva 8
    12/18/18 - #33 Nix 8
    12/05/19 - #57 Darcy 8
    12/17/19 - #58 Rynne 8
    12/25/19 - #59 Tristan 8
     

    Great!

    I just needed something like this.

    Thanks!

    By

    almahiedra almahiedra May 2020 in The Commons
  • Strange specks appearing in renders

    Hi! After some time, strange specks have been appearing in Daz Studio renders. It's still there after the render is finished. I have to take the repair brush in Photoshop (the one that looks like a band aid) and fix it. I am curious if anyone else have been having the same problem and of course a tip to solve it. I'm running Daz studio on a PC with Windows 10 64 bit system. A Nvidia Quadro K6000 Graphics Card with 12 GB of VRAM. My PC has 32 GB of RAM and a Intel i7-8700 3.20 GHz CPU. 

    Apart from this, Daz Studio crashes all the time. Every day there's some new problem. Sometimes it doesn't even start. Opening an old project with only e.g. Victoria 8 can take ten minutes plus. The I often get the message of duplicate files. Opening the report file I can't seem to understand one thing of it, where to start etc.

    By

    Voxxa Voxxa May 2020 in Technical Help (nuts n bolts)
  • Which software to use for Animation

    well that particular one was in Carrara using the Octane render plugin and Xurge outfits on Victoria and Michael 2,3&4!

    not a genesis in sight cheeky

    it didn't take terribly long but Octane is not cheap, there is no free one for Carrara

    you could plausibly do that in DAZ studio with the free tier though, I just prefer Carrara as a long time user of it.

    The point is you can fit a lot more legacy Poser figures in a scene than any genesis figures because they use a lot of RAM, not just VRAM I can only render 2 or 3 genesis1;2:3&8 at the most on my PC and then CPU not GPU

    compositing you only need render one at a time as a png series with alpha

    then you put your scene together in your video editor

     

    By

    WendyLuvsCatz WendyLuvsCatz May 2020 in The Commons
  • (Another) Can anyone identify this character?

    Maybe a mix of sliders for Gayll and Victoria 8?

    I'm startng to conclude she's a custom morph. Looks slightly older than pure Gayll, and noticeably younger than pure Victoria 8. Somewhere on par with Tika, Josie, Kaylee or Raven 8.

    By

    deepred6502 deepred6502 May 2020 in The Commons
  • Is Anatomy 4 Pro Bundle worth?

    Assuming you mean https://www.daz3d.com/anatomy-4-pro-bundle it is for the fourth generation Daz figures, Victoria 4 and Michael 4, which are Poser-format figures which pre-date the first Genesis. A major part of the bundle is not related to what you want even then - just the Shapes++ and Muscle Morphs really - so I don't think it would be what you wanted. Which figure(s) are you mainly working with?

    By

    Richard Haseltine Richard Haseltine May 2020 in New Users
  • What is the character used in the promo image.

    Looks like some Victoria in it.

    By

    nicstt nicstt May 2020 in Daz Studio Discussion
  • (Another) Can anyone identify this character?

    Maybe a mix of sliders for Gayll and Victoria 8?

    By

    nonesuch00 nonesuch00 May 2020 in The Commons
  • [Resolved] "No Suit for G8M": Any other users out there? Not understanding how this works!

    I chose gold glitter because it was handy.  I think that the first thing that newbies need to learn is the difference between a shader and a material.  A shader is a texture/bump/normal whatever that is applied to a given surface like a face, a pupil, or a torso. A meterial is a set of hierarchal shaders applied to a set of surface such as Victoria 8 default texture which applies shaders to everything from arms to pupils...  A geograft is literally like a grafted limb as opposed to a garment which merely covers a the limb.  In any case, this will become second nature to you...

    By

    nemesis10 nemesis10 May 2020 in Technical Help (nuts n bolts)
  • If you would design a core character and bundle, what would it be?

    Like combo bundles of the iconic characters.  Victoria/Stephanie, Michael/David, Aiko/Hiro (close to gen3 look), The Girl/The Guy (close to gen7 look since this was the first 'official' Guy from DAZ).

    By

    jestmart jestmart May 2020 in The Commons
  • Valentino 8 Is here!

    At this point, I think the big question is just how many more Core figures/ProBundles going to make for G8?  Valentino is the 68th G8 core so far, which means that there have been more G8 base figures than for all of the previous Genesis products combined. 

    I'm guessing maybe 3 more, and hopefully one of those is Cat  8, we can hope. Victoria's Bday is coming in June. We might be seeing Genesis 9 very soon. We are already at 3 years for Gen 8 cycle. Which I think is one of the longest between Generations.

    Generation 4, (Victoria 4/4.2 and Michael 4,) was in the seven year range, based on the info in the readmes. I'm sure someone who was around back then can be more exact. Three years would definitely be the longest of any Genesis generations. Like many others, I don't want to see G9 until there are some definitive changes to the tech, like soft body physics. A new generation for the sake of releasing a new generation does not appeal to me. Or my wallet.

     

    I totally agree. I'm willing to switch generations if the improvements are worth it, and what improvements I will get by a new generation. Otherwise I won't bother until the likes of Riversoft or Zev0 create character converters when I can port my characters to G9.

     

    Agreed.

     

    I want Daz to let the tech "breathe" a little. Pro 8 characters are looking better all the time. Gen 4 characters are STILL being created and are STILL showing improvement after all this time.

     

    It's exciting to imagine what artists will be able to create with a Gen 8 tech that is allowed to mature.

    Yeah, I admit, I have a loathing-on for pirates. But, I did buy it. I like the characters and skins. I think there is a slight Spanish look to some of the characters which I like. Although the skin resemebles a character I have seen before.

    By

    Serene Night Serene Night May 2020 in The Commons
  • Valentino 8 Is here!

    At this point, I think the big question is just how many more Core figures/ProBundles going to make for G8?  Valentino is the 68th G8 core so far, which means that there have been more G8 base figures than for all of the previous Genesis products combined. 

    I'm guessing maybe 3 more, and hopefully one of those is Cat  8, we can hope. Victoria's Bday is coming in June. We might be seeing Genesis 9 very soon. We are already at 3 years for Gen 8 cycle. Which I think is one of the longest between Generations.

    Generation 4, (Victoria 4/4.2 and Michael 4,) was in the seven year range, based on the info in the readmes. I'm sure someone who was around back then can be more exact. Three years would definitely be the longest of any Genesis generations. Like many others, I don't want to see G9 until there are some definitive changes to the tech, like soft body physics. A new generation for the sake of releasing a new generation does not appeal to me. Or my wallet.

    I totally agree. I'm willing to switch generations if the improvements are worth it, and what improvements I will get by a new generation. Otherwise I won't bother until the likes of Riversoft or Zev0 create character converters when I can port my characters to G9.

    Agreed.

    I want Daz to let the tech "breathe" a little. Pro 8 characters are looking better all the time. Gen 4 characters are STILL being created and are STILL showing improvement after all this time.

    It's exciting to imagine what artists will be able to create with a Gen 8 tech that is allowed to mature.

    By

    tsarist tsarist May 2020 in The Commons
  • Auto Face Enhancer [Commercial]
     

    I have Zbrush, but I'm just a beginner. Is there a tutorial you could recommend to show how to do this? Or would you be able to do a quick tutorial?

    +1 on quick tutorial. Just record your screen while doing those adjustments add some basic commentary and upload to youtube. That of course would be super helpful.

    Here's a quick video then. https://youtu.be/5Dm0cc0FtDA   I have no mic so no commentary unfortunately. Sorry.

    So step 1, Load your G8 Character, delete any attchmets, hair/eyelashes/brows/anatomical elements etc. Add any morphs you want included. I use D.Masters Auto Shape Enhancer and Zevos Skin Crease Controller so have included both. (this would also be a good time to set a material preset if you havn't already) Set mesh resolution base resolution and open the figures mouth to 50% (following D.Masters recommendation below) and export as on OBJ using Daz default settings.

    Step 2, Add AFE attachment so it follows the shape of your charcter. Loads of mesh artifacts as the higher res AFE is following the base resolution of G8. Turn off the visiblity of G8, set the resolution of AFE to 0 and export as OBJ, again using Daz default settings. (DO NOT CLOSE HER MOUTH)

    Step 3, In Zbrush import the G8 obj you saved first. Open the 'Geometry tab in the tools menu and click 'Divide' 2 times to get SubD level 3. Open the subdivision tool tab and click copy.

    Step 4, import the AFE OBJ.

    Step 5, In the subtool tab click paste. The G8 mesh should be visible in the layer below the AFE mesh.

    Step 6, Scroll down the Subtool tab and open the 'Project' tool. I used the settings in the video, not sure if they are the best, but the worked ok enough for me, Click 'ProjectAll'

    Step 7, In the subtool tab, turn off the visibility of the G8 subtool and inspect the resulting AFE Mesh. If you encounter any issues with the ears or eye sockets defroming, CTRL-Z and adjust the Project settings by making SMALL adjustments to the Distance/Mean/PABlur sliders until you are happy.

    Step 8, Export AFE mesh as OBJ.

    Step 9, Back in DAZ, select AFE, Edit>Figure>Morph Loader Pro. Select the AFE mesh you've just exportd from ZBrush. In the advanced options set Reverse Deformations to 'Yes' and Accept.

    Step 10, In the properties tab, select Morphs and dial the morph in to see how it works.

    Step 11, (optional) Click the properties gear icon and open the Parameter Settings tab. Set the minimum limit to zero, change the morph location. I used Actor>People.

    Step 12, File>Save as>Support Assets>Morph Assets. Expand the selction tree until you find your new morph, and tick the check box to save the morph to AFE so you can dial it in manually whenever needed.

    Step 13, Add meterials and enjoy.

    I know it's a while now, but I've followed your video to its full and at the end when I use Morph Loader Pro and apply it, it keeps saying "No deltas for morph, skipping node" and not showing the morph tab for me. Am I doing something wrong? Note that I am using a custom model I've made in DAZ through the morphs I've bought instead of a dedicated model like a Victoria 8 for example. 

    By

    TrustyAsianGuy TrustyAsianGuy May 2020 in Daz PA Commercial Products
  • Valentino 8 Is here!

    At this point, I think the big question is just how many more Core figures/ProBundles going to make for G8?  Valentino is the 68th G8 core so far, which means that there have been more G8 base figures than for all of the previous Genesis products combined. 

    I'm guessing maybe 3 more, and hopefully one of those is Cat  8, we can hope. Victoria's Bday is coming in June. We might be seeing Genesis 9 very soon. We are already at 3 years for Gen 8 cycle. Which I think is one of the longest between Generations.

    Generation 4, (Victoria 4/4.2 and Michael 4,) was in the seven year range, based on the info in the readmes. I'm sure someone who was around back then can be more exact. Three years would definitely be the longest of any Genesis generations. Like many others, I don't want to see G9 until there are some definitive changes to the tech, like soft body physics. A new generation for the sake of releasing a new generation does not appeal to me. Or my wallet.

    I totally agree. I'm willing to switch generations if the improvements are worth it, and what improvements I will get by a new generation. Otherwise I won't bother until the likes of Riversoft or Zev0 create character converters when I can port my characters to G9.

    By

    Asari Asari May 2020 in The Commons
  • Valentino 8 Is here!

    At this point, I think the big question is just how many more Core figures/ProBundles going to make for G8?  Valentino is the 68th G8 core so far, which means that there have been more G8 base figures than for all of the previous Genesis products combined. 

    I'm guessing maybe 3 more, and hopefully one of those is Cat  8, we can hope. Victoria's Bday is coming in June. We might be seeing Genesis 9 very soon. We are already at 3 years for Gen 8 cycle. Which I think is one of the longest between Generations.

     Like many others, I don't want to see G9 until there are some definitive changes to the tech, like soft body physics. A new generation for the sake of releasing a new generation does not appeal to me. Or my wallet.

    One of those many others.  For G9 to be worth the trouble, it will need to have MAJOR improvements, like, as mention soft-body physics, gender-specific rigging, improvements to expressions, better bends, etc.  If those improvements are big enough they may break backward compatibility, and that's a lot to ask users to literally buy into.  If they're not worth it, there's no point in bothering at all.

    By

    Sevrin Sevrin May 2020 in The Commons
  • Valentino 8 Is here!

    At this point, I think the big question is just how many more Core figures/ProBundles going to make for G8?  Valentino is the 68th G8 core so far, which means that there have been more G8 base figures than for all of the previous Genesis products combined. 

    I'm guessing maybe 3 more, and hopefully one of those is Cat  8, we can hope. Victoria's Bday is coming in June. We might be seeing Genesis 9 very soon. We are already at 3 years for Gen 8 cycle. Which I think is one of the longest between Generations.

    Generation 4, (Victoria 4/4.2 and Michael 4,) was in the seven year range, based on the info in the readmes. I'm sure someone who was around back then can be more exact. Three years would definitely be the longest of any Genesis generations. Like many others, I don't want to see G9 until there are some definitive changes to the tech, like soft body physics. A new generation for the sake of releasing a new generation does not appeal to me. Or my wallet.

    I think V4.2 came out in December of 2006, that is when I bought her around her release. It's been so many years, I can't recall when 4.0 was released.

    My invoices show that I bought V4.0 and her pro bundle on December 8, 2006, and that would have probably been within a day of release. I think the reason the dates are so unclear is that it was offered to select customers first and the formal announcement came a few days later.  V4.1 was just a few months later in April 2007 and V4.2 didn't come out until February of 2008.

    By

    Cybersox Cybersox May 2020 in The Commons
  • Valentino 8 Is here!

    Generation 4, (Victoria 4/4.2 and Michael 4,) was in the seven year range, based on the info in the readmes. I'm sure someone who was around back then can be more exact. Three years would definitely be the longest of any Genesis generations. Like many others, I don't want to see G9 until there are some definitive changes to the tech, like soft body physics. A new generation for the sake of releasing a new generation does not appeal to me. Or my wallet.

    Yep, same sentiment lol. I usually wait like a year to adopt the new one anyways, wait until there is enough usable people, various ages, clothes, hair etc to be used for my needs.

    By

    TheKD TheKD May 2020 in The Commons
  • Valentino 8 Is here!

    At this point, I think the big question is just how many more Core figures/ProBundles going to make for G8?  Valentino is the 68th G8 core so far, which means that there have been more G8 base figures than for all of the previous Genesis products combined. 

    I'm guessing maybe 3 more, and hopefully one of those is Cat  8, we can hope. Victoria's Bday is coming in June. We might be seeing Genesis 9 very soon. We are already at 3 years for Gen 8 cycle. Which I think is one of the longest between Generations.

    Generation 4, (Victoria 4/4.2 and Michael 4,) was in the seven year range, based on the info in the readmes. I'm sure someone who was around back then can be more exact. Three years would definitely be the longest of any Genesis generations. Like many others, I don't want to see G9 until there are some definitive changes to the tech, like soft body physics. A new generation for the sake of releasing a new generation does not appeal to me. Or my wallet.

    I think V4.2 came out in December of 2006, that is when I bought her around her release. It's been so many years, I can't recall when 4.0 was released.

    I'm sure Daz has been working on Gen 9 the last 3+ years.   Hopefully some of your ideas will be part of it.

    By

    ChadCrypto ChadCrypto May 2020 in The Commons
  • Valentino 8 Is here!

    At this point, I think the big question is just how many more Core figures/ProBundles going to make for G8?  Valentino is the 68th G8 core so far, which means that there have been more G8 base figures than for all of the previous Genesis products combined. 

    I'm guessing maybe 3 more, and hopefully one of those is Cat  8, we can hope. Victoria's Bday is coming in June. We might be seeing Genesis 9 very soon. We are already at 3 years for Gen 8 cycle. Which I think is one of the longest between Generations.

    Generation 4, (Victoria 4/4.2 and Michael 4,) was in the seven year range, based on the info in the readmes. I'm sure someone who was around back then can be more exact. Three years would definitely be the longest of any Genesis generations. Like many others, I don't want to see G9 until there are some definitive changes to the tech, like soft body physics. A new generation for the sake of releasing a new generation does not appeal to me. Or my wallet.

    By

    L'Adair L'Adair May 2020 in The Commons
Previous Next
Adding to Cart…

Daz 3D is part of Tafi

Connect

DAZ Productions, Inc.
7533 S Center View Ct #4664
West Jordan, UT 84084

HELP

Contact Us

Tutorials

Help Center

Sell Your 3D Content

Affiliate Program

Documentation Center

Open Source

Consent Preferences

JOIN DAZ

Memberships

Blog

About Us

Press

Careers

Bridges

Community

In the Studio

Gallery

Forum

DAZ STORE

Shop

Freebies

Published Artists

Licensing Agreement | Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | EULA

© 2026 Daz Productions Inc. All Rights Reserved.