• Daz 3D
  • Shop
  • 3D Software
    • Daz Studio Premier
    • Daz Studio
    • Install Manager
    • Exporters
    • Daz to Roblox
    • Daz to Maya
    • Daz to Blender
    • Daz to Unreal
    • Daz to Unity
    • Daz to 3ds Max
    • Daz to Cinema 4D
  • 3D Models
    • Genesis 9
    • Genesis 8.1
    • Free 3D Models
    • Game Ready
  • Community
    • Gallery
    • Forums
    • Blog
    • Press
    • Help
  • Memberships
    • Daz Premier
    • Daz Plus
    • Daz Base
    • Compare
  • AI Solutions
  • Download Studio
  • Menu
  • Daz 3D
  • Shop
  • 3d Software
    • Daz Studio Premier
    • Daz Studio
    • Install Manager
    • Exporters
    • Daz to Roblox
    • Daz to Maya
    • Daz to Blender
    • Daz to Unreal
    • Daz to Unity
    • Daz to 3ds Max
    • Daz to Cinema 4D
  • 3D Models
    • Genesis 9
    • Genesis 8.1
    • Free 3D Models
  • Community
    • Our Community
    • Gallery
    • Forums
    • Blog
    • Press
    • Help
  • Memberships
    • Daz Premier
    • Daz Plus
    • Daz Base
    • Compare
  • AI Solutions

Notifications

You currently have no notifications.

Loading...
Daz 3D Forums > Search
  • 3D Art Freebie Challenge-May 2020-"Flowers" -Main Thread Only

    3D Art Freebie Challenge May 2020 "Flowers"

     

    [Best watched at full size for details.]

    "Another Red Tulip" (A.R.T.)

     

    Starring: Victoria 8

    The tale:

    Victoria is crazy about flowers and because the tulips have almost finished blooming she took her bike to pick them before they disappear again ...

    Soundtrack:

    The Emotions - Flowers (©1976)  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D_WuTv3_WWs


    COUNTABLE FREEBIES: (Alphabetic order)

    #01! Android Hair for G8F by SquarePeg3D
    https://www.patreon.com/sp3dresources/posts?tag=hair&filters[tag]=hair  (item 6)

    #02! Black-Eyed Susan by Lisa's Botanicals (HiveWire3D Stay Home Spread Hope freebie until May 31)
    https://hivewire3d.com/shop/stay-home-spread-hope/black-eyed-susan.html  **

    #03! Blue Tit by AdamThwaites (Most-Digital-Creations)
    https://www.most-digital-creations.com/blue_tit.htm

    #04! Cute Rainbow Tattoos by MysticArtDesign
    https://sharecg.com/v/92233/gallery/21/DAZ-Studio/Cute-Rainbow-Tattoos  **

    #05! dForce Lantern Sleeve Lolita Dress for G8F(Base) by junuehara
    https://sharecg.com/v/95748/view/21/DAZ-Studio/dForce-Lantern-Sleeve-Lolita-Drees-for-G8FBase  **

    [Customized texture]

    #06! DOA 6 Marie Rose - Head and Body Morphs for G8F by TritiumCG
    https://www.deviantart.com/tritiumcg/art/DOA-6-Marie-Rose-Head-and-Body-Morphs-for-G8F-825236730  **

    #07! Iray car related shader presets 'megapack' by Tom2099
    https://www.deviantart.com/tom2099/art/Iray-car-related-shader-presets-megapack-539622361

    #08! My Heart Necklace for Genesis 8 Female by amyaimei
    https://www.deviantart.com/amyaimei/art/My-Heart-Necklace-for-Genesis-8-Female-729010047

    #09! Pansy by Lisa's Botanicals (HiveWire3D Stay Home Spread Hope freebie until May 31)
    https://hivewire3d.com/shop/stay-home-spread-hope/pansy.html  **

    #10! Sunflowers HDRI by Sergej Majboroda
    https://hdrihaven.com/hdri/?c=outdoor&h=sunflowers

    #11! Super Morphing Tree 2020 by Design Anvil
    https://www.facebook.com/DESIGN-ANVIL-427676333955561/app/212097992149339/  (1st item)

    #12! Tulips by Lisa's Botanicals (HiveWire3D Stay Home Spread Hope freebie until May 31)
    https://hivewire3d.com/shop/stay-home-spread-hope/tulips.html  **

    #13! Vintage Bicycle by AnimaGemini (HiveWire3D Stay Home Spread Hope freebie until May 31)
    https://hivewire3d.com/shop/stay-home-spread-hope/vintage-bicycle.html  **


    NO-COUNT ITEMS:

    ---  AllenArt Iray Jewelry Shaders by AllenArt (Still available on DeviantArt)
    ---  Free Iray Outdoor Lights by Dreamlight
    ---  Nose Ring 01 for G2F, G3F and/or G8F by AllenArt


    PURCHASED/PAID FOR ITEMS: (I got them for free)

    $1. Iray 13 Shades of Brunette for DAZ Studio by Daz Originals
    https://www.daz3d.com/iray-13-shades-of-brunette-for-daz-studio  **
    [Used on Android Hair]

    $2. Victoria 8 by Daz Originals
    https://www.daz3d.com/victoria-8  **

     

    *1     E-mail address required
    **     Registration required
    #x!   Countable Items (Bold ones are used by me for the first time I think.)
    ---     No longer available freebies
    ++    Free with DAZ Studio (or the Essentials)
    $x.   Purchased/Paid For Item


    Rendered with DAZ Studio 4.10.0.123 (nVidia Iray)

    Other free software used: GIMP v2.10.18 and Irfanview 4.54

    Postwork: used the AltaLux Image Enhancement Filter (Effect) by Stefano Tommesani that comes with Irfanview and some filters (oa) that come with GIMP.

     

    "Another Red Tulip" (A.R.T.)

    By

    JackyBrown JackyBrown May 2020 in Freebies
  • The older generation: Victoria 2/3, Michael 2/3 and their children renders

    Desert Dancer

    Here are Victoria and Michael TWO. And their pets ... LOL
    DazStudio 4.11 3Delight render

    Credits:
    Victoria 2 - Daz3d
    Spring of '76 - Tamsin Character - 3D Universe
    Subsurface Skin Shader - Tofusan
    Gypsies & Genies - Anton Kisiel
    Gypsies & Genies Textures 3 - Silverleif Studios
    Anemone Hair - 3Dream, Mairy
    Michael 2 - Daz3d
    CDIBoris - Capsces
    JebM2 - BluEcho
    Subsurface Skin Shader - Tofusan
    DNA_TempleGuard - Traveler
    Gargoyle Hound - Daz3d
    Desert Hounds - philosophersegg/Sparky
    Easy Environments: Oasis - Flipmode
    Morphing Magic Carpet - HyperKnux
    Big Pillow - Runtimedna (Poser5 content)
    Jewels of Architecture Volume 1 - Moyra (Textures for Carpet & Pillow)
    Fat Jar - Runtimedna (Poser5 content)
    Core Lighting 2 - Lantios (modified)

     

    Nice! Aww those gargoyles are cute:)) Had to visit the store for a check- wishlisted:) Love this from the product page:

    Textures and Poses

    • 500 by 3500 detailed texture map(no bump needed)

    laugh 

    By

    Sven Dullah Sven Dullah May 2020 in Art Studio
  • The older generation: Victoria 2/3, Michael 2/3 and their children renders

    Desert Dancer

    Here are Victoria and Michael TWO. And their pets ... LOL
    DazStudio 4.11 3Delight render

    Credits:
    Victoria 2 - Daz3d
    Spring of '76 - Tamsin Character - 3D Universe
    Subsurface Skin Shader - Tofusan
    Gypsies & Genies - Anton Kisiel
    Gypsies & Genies Textures 3 - Silverleif Studios
    Anemone Hair - 3Dream, Mairy
    Michael 2 - Daz3d
    CDIBoris - Capsces
    JebM2 - BluEcho
    Subsurface Skin Shader - Tofusan
    DNA_TempleGuard - Traveler
    Gargoyle Hound - Daz3d
    Desert Hounds - philosophersegg/Sparky
    Easy Environments: Oasis - Flipmode
    Morphing Magic Carpet - HyperKnux
    Big Pillow - Runtimedna (Poser5 content)
    Jewels of Architecture Volume 1 - Moyra (Textures for Carpet & Pillow)
    Fat Jar - Runtimedna (Poser5 content)
    Core Lighting 2 - Lantios (modified)

    By

    Kerya Kerya May 2020 in Art Studio
  • Report sales errors here: "There's Always Another Sale™"

    All right, a Michael 8 Sale, I wonder how many of today's releases will be for Victoria 8!

    90% of them. 

     

    It was only 53%! laugh

    To be fair, you could autofit everything to a male character.. cheeky

    By

    Luciel Luciel May 2020 in The Commons
  • Report sales errors here: "There's Always Another Sale™"

    All right, a Michael 8 Sale, I wonder how many of today's releases will be for Victoria 8!

    90% of them. 

    By

    zombietaggerung zombietaggerung May 2020 in The Commons
  • Report sales errors here: "There's Always Another Sale™"

    All right, a Michael 8 Sale, I wonder how many of today's releases will be for Victoria 8!

    By

    AlmightyQUEST AlmightyQUEST May 2020 in The Commons
  • Possible to put 3rd party items in Smart Content Products?

    Hi all. I purchased some items from outside of Daz and want to use Smart content in Daz Studio to view it. On the Files side- no problem. But on the other side/section Products I don't know how. Ideally like with Daz bought products for example Victoria- I click on her picture and then all her stuff is together (iray/3d delight skins, makeup options, etc). Is there a way to do this with 3rd party items? Thanks in advance!

    By

    sunnyjei sunnyjei May 2020 in Technical Help (nuts n bolts)
  • Who's Next to Join the G8 Family?

     

    #70 Sahira 8

    Who's next ? A new Genesis 8 Male or Victoria 9 ?

    69 is "AuBrey", (though they soo should do Audrey in a Twin Peaks themed bundle). 

    I would FAR rather them work on expanding the functionality and tech of the DAZ engine itself!  Better memory and drive utilization; more physics advancements; optimization of simulations; adding a weight/density/limits maping for dForce for more realistic fabric and hair simulations... heck, dForce/collision simulation for figures would be incredibly useful and welcomed advances (and any figure update could easily be handled with an expansion for those who want that functionality rather than a new version and all the hassle that involves)!

    Soft body physics stuff would be soo appreciated. I mean you can have special morphs for every outfit, but that's a bit clumsy, and doesn't help with wobbly bits.

    By

    Luciel Luciel May 2020 in The Commons
  • Who's Next to Join the G8 Family?

    R.E Daz tweaks.  Better Multi-core utilization would be nice, particularly in the age of Threadripper...  Probably a discussion for another thread though.

    I too wonder if the latest 'wave' of back to back 'Pro' characters is a 'wrap up the cue' effort in anticipation of a new generation.  Personally, I don't see us needing a new generation, unless it does something completely mind blowing that they aren't telling us about.

    While I'm sure Victoria's birthday will get a bash of some sort, again, no doubt Michael's birthday will be forgotten, again... Michael 8 launched in August, as for the original Michael's birthday... I seem to remember two possibilities in my research.

    By

    tj_1ca9500b tj_1ca9500b May 2020 in The Commons
  • Who's Next to Join the G8 Family?
    The free Victoria offers during MM and the "get all Victorias" banner a couple of weeks ago could be seen as a sign that Victoria 9 might launch on her birthday in June...

    Except we've had the same offer multiple times in the past already.

    but I'd have thought they might have dropped some heavier hints before now if that was going to be the case ?? To get people excited ??

    There were no hints before the release of previous generations, I don't see why it would be different this time.

    If they expect that a new generation is coming quite a few people will stop buying content for current generation, which is not something that Daz wants. That's most probably part of the reason Daz announced last year that G9 would not be released in 2020 despite usually making no announcements about future releases: as G3 and G8 were released 2 years after the previous generation some people were expecting G9 to be released last June and started saying they were holding off purchases til it was released.

    All very interesting. Thanks for the long-term perspective @Leana yes

    By

    lana_lass lana_lass May 2020 in The Commons
  • Who's Next to Join the G8 Family?
    The free Victoria offers during MM and the "get all Victorias" banner a couple of weeks ago could be seen as a sign that Victoria 9 might launch on her birthday in June...

    Except we've had the same offer multiple times in the past already.

    but I'd have thought they might have dropped some heavier hints before now if that was going to be the case ?? To get people excited ??

    There were no hints before the release of previous generations, I don't see why it would be different this time.

    If they expect that a new generation is coming quite a few people will stop buying content for current generation, which is not something that Daz wants. That's most probably part of the reason Daz announced last year that G9 would not be released in 2020 despite usually making no announcements about future releases: as G3 and G8 were released 2 years after the previous generation some people were expecting G9 to be released last June and started saying they were holding off purchases til it was released.

    By

    Leana Leana May 2020 in The Commons
  • Who's Next to Join the G8 Family?

    I am expecting a male counterpart to Aubrey next, since we had the pirate Valentino -> Dr Who style Aubrey -> pirate Sahira, so Dr Who style male character would complete that pattern of M&F themed characters.

     

    The free Victoria offers during MM and the "get all Victorias" banner a couple of weeks ago could be seen as a sign that Victoria 9 might launch on her birthday in June... but I'd have thought they might have dropped some heavier hints before now if that was going to be the case ?? To get people excited ?? Personally, I'm not looking for G9 at the moment unless it would be totally compatible with G8 content because I've output so much money but then, if it was compatible, maybe it wouldn't be innovative in the ways necessary to justify a whole new generation... so that's a conundrum for me! Perhaps not for others though smiley

     

     

    By

    lana_lass lana_lass May 2020 in The Commons
  • Who's Next to Join the G8 Family?

    #70 Sahira 8

    Who's next ? A new Genesis 8 Male or Victoria 9 ?

    By

    Noah LGP Noah LGP May 2020 in The Commons
  • AIUTO...CHI CONOSCE L’ITALIANO? PARTE DODICI

    Ah e ecco un altra cosa che non mi piace di certi "artisti"è che sono dei "copycat" quando fanno dei prodotti....cioè non prendono ispirazione da...ma copiano e riproducono una cosa o un personaggio....che so....tipo Tanos della Marvel, gli cambiano nome e pensano di fare i furbi! Non ci mettono nulla di loro!

    C'è un sito "specializzato" in questo! laugh

    In pratica puoi comprare e usare legalmente personaggi di giochi o serie famose anche commercialmente senza dover pagare royalties. cheeky

    Intanto alla DAZ:
    https://www.daz3d.com/james-for-christian-8

    https://www.daz3d.com/massive-metal-skin-textures-for-genesis-8-males

    https://www.daz3d.com/da-dforce-super-villain-armor-for-genesis-8-males

    https://www.daz3d.com/fwsa-hayley-hd-for-victoria-7

    https://www.daz3d.com/dynamic-supersuit-set-1-worlds-finest

    https://www.daz3d.com/superheroines-pack-for-g-suit-2-hd

    (e non riesco a trovare il costume di Wonder Woman, quelllo fatto per Genesis 8)

    By

    Crios Crios May 2020 in The Commons
  • Character Identification Request

    The morph looks like it could be Victoria 8. The mats look like XF-Diana's but maybe modified - the brows are definitely different. 

    By

    3Diva 3Diva May 2020 in The Commons
  • Product Cross Gender/Transgender -Transfer morphs (feature suggestions)

    Not quite the same thing, but I use the usually hidden G3 clone morphs to turn G8F into a man or G8M into a woman, since Genesis 8 and Genesis 3 are virtually the same shapes, just with different default poses.  Unhide the desired morph, dial it up, use the automatic re-rigging capability of DS (or Poser Pro 11 in my case), and you're essentially good to go!  It might take a bit of custom morphing around the pecs/breasts and/or throat, but you might be surprised at how little such tweaking is necessary.

    Both of these characters are based on G8F, and although the body morphs are different, the face morph is the same for both: Juanita from EJ's Ethnic Beauties pack.  It also helps if you have adaptable textures, as I do.  The skin is exactly the same, but the eyebrows and any other facial or body hair is layered on with trans maps.  That allows me to apply thicker eyebrows, a facial stubble, and armpit hair to the male version without having to swap out the whole texture set.  It's not visible here for obvious reasons, but the male also has more pubic hair than the female.

     

    I've been a fan and advocate of transgender morphing as far back as the heyday of Victoria 4 and Michael 4, when it took an add-on or two and some tinkering of my own to make it work, at least the way I wanted it to.  I was thrilled when Daz finally implemented the both-genders-in-one-base idea as an already built-in feature of Genesis 1, only to be confused and frustrated when they subsequently abandoned it starting with Genesis 2!  Apparently the decision had something to do with the difficulty or inconvenience of developing clothing items for an androgynous base even if they're really only meant for one gender.  Maybe if I were a clothing developer, I'd understand better, but from my perspective, it just looks like Daz had an overdue epiphany followed by a rather sudden relapse.  It's been enough time that maybe the technology's improved enough that it might be worth trying again.  At the very least, maybe offer all three (dedicated male base, dedicated female base, and androgynous base) with Genesis 9?

    Anyway, thanks for this reminder that I'm not the only one who sees how convenient and perhaps even powerful transgender morphing is!

    By

    Gregorius Gregorius May 2020 in The Commons
  • A3/V3 Character Skin Textures for G8F (Resolved)

    I don't know of one for G8F, there-s this one for G3F: https://www.daz3d.com/legacy-uvs-for-genesis-3-special-edition-victoria-3

    By

    fixmypcmike fixmypcmike May 2020 in The Commons
  • People who make Daz characters (that look too much like their other characters)

    Counterpoint: coming from a software background, I'd welcome a system that incentivizes developers to proudly release improved versions of their bestsellers.
    Like DAZ did Victoria 1-8. Same figure, but better. I bought V1 V4 and V8 and it was worth it.
    (Or like Microsoft does NOT have to release Word, WriteStar and DocumentTyper to make money. They just release Word 1 2 3 4 5 ....)
    Would be nice if some artists revisited their best works, poured in everything they learned since then, tuned and polished it, and released it as “same figure v2, best I can do”. I would rather buy a better version of my favorites than a similar rehash with changes for change's sake.
    And yeah I've got a figure of iTellNoNames, it's pretty and I like it. Every week there are new ones that look quite similar, so I'm not really interested. But I don't mind, I check them out, they're pretty, mine's prettier. All good with me as long as I know what I'm getting. Same with textures and eyebrows etc, if you reuse them, ok with me, but it would be nice if I knew that before I purchase. Promo pics only tell so much.

    By

    cajhin cajhin May 2020 in The Commons
  • LJ Studios - Art Work and Tips

    Victoria 2, Rendered in iRay.

    I have been having some artist block. Just don't seem to have it in me to make art. But I did manage to do something with V2. I converted her textures to iRay and rendered in iRay. I call her Dark Angel.

    Here is the render useage list for the image:

    Freebies Still Available
    Description Link
    Environment: Lighting for Innocense  UberEnvironment2 Light-set5 (for SkyDome Exp5) by glaseye.
    Goth Angel: Character: Pose  Natty-V2 Clone by Casette.
    Goth Angel: Clothing: Shader: Jewelry: Gold  jewelry_iray_shaders by AllenArt.
    Goth Angel: Hair: Raven  Punk GaGa Hair by Mareek.
    Goth Angel: Jewelry: Arm bands ( Kawasaki Riders' Club Kaze by Z3D.
    Goth Angel: Jewelry: Lip piercing Cyberpunk: BabyJane for Anastasia by Cybrea.
    Goth Angel: Jewelry: Necklace chain Heart of Ocean by Pretty3d.
    Goth Angel: Jewelry: Necklace chain  Jeweled Necklace Set by robrose.
    Goth Angel: Jewelry: Necklace: Pendant Ankh Earrings for Poser by Chris Cox.
    Goth Angel: Jewelry: Nose Bridge Piercing  Aery Soul's Face piercings for Victoria 4 and Alice by aerysoul. sixth row, 2nd column
    Goth Angel: Jewelry: Nose Ring  Anjali Nose Jewels by Valea. I reassigned the chain between the Nose Ring and ear attachment and hid that section of model.
    Goth Angel: Shader: Clothing: Bikini Top  Pd-Soft Leather Daz Studio Shaders for Iray by parrotdolphin.
    Goth Angel: Shader: Jewelry, Wings Metalic Black Iray car related shader presets 'megapack' by Tom2099.
    Goth Angel: Texture

    E's Sasha V2 by Ecstasy.

     

    No Longer Available
    Description Product
    Environment: Lighting for Dark Angel and Dark Angel - Innocense FWSA Soft Light Probes by Forbidden Whispers.
    Goth Angel: Base figure Victoria 2.0 by DAZ 3D.
    Goth Angel: Clothing: Bikini Top Victoria 2.0 Morphing Clothing Pack 1 by DAZ 3D.
    Goth Angel: Jewelry: Neckband Cyber Punk 02 by Traveler.
    Goth Angel: Jewery: Chain on Bikini Top Nipple Chain for V2 and M2 by Traveler.
    Goth Angel: Necklace:Pendent: Cross Gothic Cross by Traveler.
    Goth Angel: Wings Deco Wings by Eric VanDycke.

     

    Commerical Products
    Description Link
    Goth Angel: Jewelry: Shader: Necklace chain gold and micro textures Mec4d PBS Shaders vol.1 for Iray by Mec4d.

     

    By

    DollyGirl DollyGirl May 2020 in Art Studio
  • The thunderclap heard around the world (or how to stop worrying and love IRay)

    Iray rendering. This happens to me sometimes. You see, I couldn't get the meshugana spotlight to fill in any light. Turned up the lumens, And up, And up some more - by orders of magnatude.

    Yes the light was on. Like a bleedin' supernova at about 60 billion lumens. Ten centimenters from the target. Dark as a dungeon. You think I might be missing something obvious? 

    "Why does the universe hate me?", I asked while reveling in self-pity. Then for some reason I glanced over at the render settings "enviroment" parms.

    That's when the thunderclap happend . It was my palm slapping against my forehead.

    Three words:"Sun-Sky Only". (Does the hyphen make it two words? Nevermind. I digress)

    Other than still lacking adult supervision, I corrected the situaton by changing it to "Dome and Scene" ( or Scene only )

    Victoria 8 and most of the set were immediately vaporized by my spotlight -- a complete white-out. Yeah, I probably should back off the lumens a bit.

    But I got this. Thanks for letting me share.

    By

    docbother docbother May 2020 in Daz Studio Discussion
Previous Next
Adding to Cart…

Daz 3D is part of Tafi

Connect

DAZ Productions, Inc.
7533 S Center View Ct #4664
West Jordan, UT 84084

HELP

Contact Us

Tutorials

Help Center

Sell Your 3D Content

Affiliate Program

Documentation Center

Open Source

Consent Preferences

JOIN DAZ

Memberships

Blog

About Us

Press

Careers

Bridges

Community

In the Studio

Gallery

Forum

DAZ STORE

Shop

Freebies

Published Artists

Licensing Agreement | Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | EULA

© 2026 Daz Productions Inc. All Rights Reserved.