• Daz 3D
  • Shop
  • 3D Software
    • Daz Studio Premier
    • Daz Studio
    • Install Manager
    • Exporters
    • Daz to Roblox
    • Daz to Maya
    • Daz to Blender
    • Daz to Unreal
    • Daz to Unity
    • Daz to 3ds Max
    • Daz to Cinema 4D
  • 3D Models
    • Genesis 9
    • Genesis 8.1
    • Free 3D Models
    • Game Ready
  • Community
    • Gallery
    • Forums
    • Blog
    • Press
    • Help
  • Memberships
    • Daz Premier
    • Daz Plus
    • Daz Base
    • Compare
  • AI Solutions
  • Download Studio
  • Menu
  • Daz 3D
  • Shop
  • 3d Software
    • Daz Studio Premier
    • Daz Studio
    • Install Manager
    • Exporters
    • Daz to Roblox
    • Daz to Maya
    • Daz to Blender
    • Daz to Unreal
    • Daz to Unity
    • Daz to 3ds Max
    • Daz to Cinema 4D
  • 3D Models
    • Genesis 9
    • Genesis 8.1
    • Free 3D Models
  • Community
    • Our Community
    • Gallery
    • Forums
    • Blog
    • Press
    • Help
  • Memberships
    • Daz Premier
    • Daz Plus
    • Daz Base
    • Compare
  • AI Solutions

Notifications

You currently have no notifications.

Loading...
Daz 3D Forums > Search
  • Best way to build custom characters
    Most people who want to make a new character base it on something else: V4, Genesis, V5, Gen2, V6, Miki 4, etc.

     

    As far as I understand it, the characters like Victoria 8 and Michael 8 are based on Genesis 8 Female and Genesis 8 Male and cannot be used independently.  So it would be proper to say that V8 and M8 are just full body morphs of G8F and G8M. Therefore, when an artist creates a new character based on Victoria 8, in effect he creates a new morph based on another morph of Genesis 8 Female. So far everything is logical. However, when this new product goes to the store, it has a note that the product requires not just G8F (whch would be logical) but Victoria 8 as well. Why is it so? Let's talk about this beautiful product as an example - Margot for Victoria 8 ( https://www.daz3d.com/margot-for-victoria-8 ;) Why cannot it work without V8 if it is based on G8F? 

    Obviously, there is some technical reason. Can you explain it?

    this thread is 8 years old.

    But yes, a morph built off of V8 as a base, will still work on G8F.  It will still work, but it will not "look as intended" because the deltas will be off.  Again, the morph will still function.

    By

    lilweep lilweep June 2020 in The Commons
  • Best way to build custom characters
    Most people who want to make a new character base it on something else: V4, Genesis, V5, Gen2, V6, Miki 4, etc.

     

    As far as I understand it, the characters like Victoria 8 and Michael 8 are based on Genesis 8 Female and Genesis 8 Male and cannot be used independently.  So it would be proper to say that V8 and M8 are just full body morphs of G8F and G8M. Therefore, when an artist creates a new character based on Victoria 8, in effect he creates a new morph based on another morph of Genesis 8 Female. So far everything is logical. However, when this new product goes to the store, it has a note that the product requires not just G8F (whch would be logical) but Victoria 8 as well. Why is it so? Let's talk about this beautiful product as an example - Margot for Victoria 8 ( https://www.daz3d.com/margot-for-victoria-8 ;) Why cannot it work without V8 if it is based on G8F? 

    Obviously, there is some technical reason. Can you explain it?

    By

    Eternal Force Eternal Force June 2020 in The Commons
  • Any reason to bother with V4 any longer?

    Three reasons that I use 4th generation figures:

    2.  I have Reby Sky elite for Victoria 4.  https://www.daz3d.com/v4-elite-reby-sky I have issues using her hair on Genesis 1.  I guess my computer is too slow.  Her skin texture maps just fine though.

    2. I have a bunch of scenes that I created using generation 4 figures that I don't want to remake from scratch using newer figures.  I just edit the older scenes - replace clothes, change poses of Victoria 4 and Mike 4, ect.

    3. My video card only has 2 gigbytes of memory.  Sometimes I add lots of Victoria 4 and Genesis 1 figures when I want a scene that has many people.  Genesis 3 and 8 figures use a bunch of RAM.

    Other than those threeinstances I use Genesis 1 and 2.  I don't have many clothes for Genesis 3 and 8.

    By

    starionwolf starionwolf June 2020 in The Commons
  • Is it possible to transform M4 Base into a G8 character?

    I do not own this one [yet] but it is very popular. Sickleyield also provides instructions with such products.

    https://www.daz3d.com/sy-victoria-4-and-michael-4-clones-for-genesis-8

    Autofit clones are not seen, they are used when fitting clothing to a figure. In this case, with G8M selected, loading a clothing piece from M4's closet, may have to right click on it in the scene to "fit to" - then a dialog with popup asking which figure it is for. One would select the M4 clone. And then hopefully the clothing looks okay. Many will, not all. If it's a keeper, File > Save As > Support Assets > Figure/prop assets ... to a subfolder for clothing, etc. Be careful that the 'author' is your handle, not to be overwriting original files. Making subfolders {in the save dialog} such as conversions is another idea.

    By

    Catherine3678ab Catherine3678ab June 2020 in New Users
  • Any reason to bother with V4 any longer?

    While the shape and the way the characters move are very important, faces are important too. I have seen a couple of posts over time from people who believe some of the prettiest characters were V4 characters, and faces like those were hard to find in later generations. I think that may be true, although I've seen some later characters that are very pretty. But I think anybody who isnt already invested in Victoria 4 shouldn't start now.

    By

    NylonGirl NylonGirl June 2020 in The Commons
  • Any reason to bother with V4 any longer?

    Hello All!

    I am wondering if I should bother with V4 (and Michael 4) any more.   I had started with Daz Studio in December of 2018 and since then I made heavy purchases for Genesis 8 and that lead me to buy Genesis 3 as well, since many products have dual use for Genesis 3 and 8.   I also bought into Genesis as well since that format is unisex.    I really have not bought much into Genesis 2.   Now I have "purchased" some Victoria 4 (V4) and Michael 4 items mainly due to to freebies (hence the purchased in quotes), and package deals.   I have tried to use V4, but the organization of it is all over the place in Daz Studio, with most items in "Lost And Found."   It seems the clothing has more problems with smoothing and pokethrough than any newer character base.  It also seems that the backward compatibility of Genesis 8 goes as far back to Genesis, but doesn't include V4, so the clothing seemingly can't be used on later model characters without some serious issues.

    Another reason why I don't use V4 too much is because of some unrealistic attributes.  For example, a glaring issue is how high the armpits are on V4.  The characters look cartoonish at best.

    I guess it is still around for those that made an investment in V4 with earlier versions of Daz Studio, or for those that used Poser, but given I came into Daz Studio fairly recently and right away took to Genesis 8. So I am wondering if should even bother with V4 any more.   Given that space is at a premium on my hard drive, I currently do not download anything that is V4 or M4 based any more, and I am ready to delete it to free up some space.

    Any comments or opinions are appreciated.

    Thank you,

    Geo

    By

    jukingeo jukingeo June 2020 in The Commons
  • Genesis 9 delayed until at least 2020. Will you be buying it?

    I did not have the elements I needed to work with Genesis 8 Female until Zelara 8 was released---almost 14 months after Victoria 8---along with EJ Face Morphs and Details. For the males, it took even longer. So, I think I may hold off on Genesis 9 until they start giving away G9 Pro Bundles, unless they make a Core Figure that is so stunning that I can't wait.

    I can think of ...

    Better eye geometry

    Hire DMaster to design G9 facial expression

    Hire DMaster to design the bend controls and HD creases

    Hire bluejaunte to design G9's skin shader, ideally implement new SSS

    I wouldn't mind but I guess from the many forum posts it seems there is a market for this: if you have bluejaunte on board anyway, let bluejaunte design G9's feet

    Something like this, doesn't even need to re-invent everything that G8 did well.

    All of those ideas are excellent, which is why I think most of them won't happen. I would add: Fix the twisty biceps and lat gaps.

    Agreed. I don't have a lot of character packs and morph packs so migrating to G9 would be easier except I need to redo some of my custom morphs. For me I won't upgrade if G9 does not offer some improvement I'm interested in. I don't see a lot of incentive to upgrade if the improvements are quite minor.

    By

    Asari Asari June 2020 in The Commons
  • Genesis 9 delayed until at least 2020. Will you be buying it?
    I hope they will make G9 soon since G8 was a massive fail to me. I didn't like 90% of the pro bundles and Victoria 8 has never looked as bad.

    I agree with that, and i don't think theer has been enough diversaty in the clothing products, they just seem to have been re vamp hash from pevious models and clothing. 

    Then use morphs to make em look like what you want; transfer clothes from the generation that has what you want.

    ... Why? Because whenever G9 appears, what's to say you'll like it.

    By

    nicstt nicstt June 2020 in The Commons
  • Looking for a Converter "Male Genesis 2, 3 and 8" Hair to M4 - so I can use it in Carrara

    Cuffed Tail 2 looks like the style I am actually looking for ! Thank you @Dartanbeck! Question. The product says that I need to have David Basic for it? Do you know if that is a mistake or do I really need that one? 
    I only want the hair for my M4. And that David Basic is for M3.

    It's just prop hair, so it just loads into the scene no matter who you have in there. It has morphs to fit (without further tweaking) :

    • Michael 4
    • Freak 4
    • Hiro 4, plus custom morph dials
      • Hiro4
      • H4-American1
      • H4-American2
      • H4-Realistic
    • Victoria 4
    • Aiko 4, plus custom morph dials
      • Aiko4
      • A4-American
      • A4-Realistic
      • A4-RealisticClassic
    • The Girl 4
    • Michael 3
    • Hiro 3, plus custom morph dial
      • A3H3-Realistic
    • Victoria 3
    • Aiko 3, plus custom morph dial
      • A3H3-Realistic
    • David 3
    • Stephanie Petite 3
    • Luke
    • Laura
    • Matt
    • Maddie
    • Millennium Baby 3

    By

    Dartanbeck Dartanbeck June 2020 in Carrara Discussion
  • Looking for a Converter "Male Genesis 2, 3 and 8" Hair to M4 - so I can use it in Carrara

    First of all using clones in DAZ Studio is not a cure all for working in Carrara. There are problems with Autofitting Genesis 3 and Genesis 8 (no Auto-fit in Carrara), as well as some Genesis 2 in Carrara. The result will be potentially a lot of pulling/pushing the affected mesh in Carrara's Model room. I have used it to resize Genesis 3 hair for M4. Also mucked around trying to convert Genesis clothing For M4 but there are usually problems in doing so. Most of the time I am actualling converting M4/V4 clothing to Genesis to mix and match various clothing, as well as hairs.

     

    There is a tutorial for making clones, but if you are already going "Eeeeeekkk" at DAZ Studio, you might end up double cursing me for the suggestion, have used the Tute to make an Aiko 3 clone for Genesis 8F.

    https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/193296/freebie-how-to-create-a-v4-clone-and-transfer-other-figures-for-g8f-now-with-video/p1

     

    Clones that have already been done:-

    Wear Them All - Autofitting Clones and Clothing Smoothers for Genesis 3 Female(s) - https://www.daz3d.com/wear-them-all-autofitting-clones-and-clothing-smoothers-for-genesis-3-female-s

    Wear Them All - Autofitting Clones and Clothing Smoothers for Genesis 3 Male(s) - https://www.daz3d.com/wear-them-all-autofitting-clones-and-clothing-smoothers-for-genesis-3-male-s

    Michael 4 for Genesis 2 Male - https://www.daz3d.com/michael-4-for-genesis-2-male

    Genesis 3 Clones for Genesis Bundle -  https://www.daz3d.com/genesis-3-clones-for-genesis-bundle

    SY Victoria 4 and Michael 4 Clones for Genesis 8 - https://www.daz3d.com/sy-victoria-4-and-michael-4-clones-for-genesis-8

    SY Genesis 8 Clones for Genesis 3 - https://www.daz3d.com/sy-genesis-8-clones-for-genesis-3

    https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/2954866/#Comment_2954866

    Genesis - I think it already comes with clones for Generation 4 (M4, V4 etc), I also have clones for Generation 3 (M3, V3) but unsure if they came with Genesis or another package.

    Any others that people are aware of please add them !

     

    By

    Bunyip02 Bunyip02 June 2020 in Carrara Discussion
  • Genesis 9 delayed until at least 2020. Will you be buying it?

    I know I am done once Genesis 9 hits.  I've invested a lot in Millennium to Genesis 8 and honestly, I'm quite happy with Genesis 8 and all of the tools available to use G8 models with older stuff.  (...)

    I've been reading something like this since the release of Victoria 4 back in 2006. wink

    By

    Masterstroke Masterstroke June 2020 in The Commons
  • Genesis 9 delayed until at least 2020. Will you be buying it?

    I know I am done once Genesis 9 hits.  I've invested a lot in Millennium to Genesis 8 and honestly, I'm quite happy with Genesis 8 and all of the tools available to use G8 models with older stuff.  The minute G9 Victoria comes out, y'all will swoon over "better bends" and such...then weeks later someone will come out with a utility (Zev0 probably) to make EVEN BETTER bends...lol.

    I like shiny new things just like everyone else, but you have to kick the habit at some point and for me it's Genesis 9.  Since I have all of the G8 pro bundles up to this point, there's not much of a discount I could get anyway.  I didn't even get the $10 off Angharad 8...lol.

    By

    ScarletX1969 ScarletX1969 June 2020 in The Commons
  • Genesis 9 delayed until at least 2020. Will you be buying it?

    I did not have the elements I needed to work with Genesis 8 Female until Zelara 8 was released---almost 14 months after Victoria 8---along with EJ Face Morphs and Details. For the males, it took even longer. So, I think I may hold off on Genesis 9 until they start giving away G9 Pro Bundles, unless they make a Core Figure that is so stunning that I can't wait.

    I can think of ...

    Better eye geometry

    Hire DMaster to design G9 facial expression

    Hire DMaster to design the bend controls and HD creases

    Hire bluejaunte to design G9's skin shader, ideally implement new SSS

    I wouldn't mind but I guess from the many forum posts it seems there is a market for this: if you have bluejaunte on board anyway, let bluejaunte design G9's feet

    Something like this, doesn't even need to re-invent everything that G8 did well.

    All of those ideas are excellent, which is why I think most of them won't happen. I would add: Fix the twisty biceps and lat gaps.

    By

    xyer0 xyer0 June 2020 in The Commons
  • Genesis 9 delayed until at least 2020. Will you be buying it?

    I'll buy Genesis 9, no problem. I'll buy it day 1 without a second thought. I'm blessed to be able to do that in these trying times.

    It took me at least a year after Victoria 8's launch before I actually used Genesis 8. She couldn't do what I could do with Genesis 3 at the time. Now I've switched over, but it took some time to get to that point. (I still use Genesis 2 & 3 for males, but not so much the female figures.)

    It'll take time with Genesis 9, but I'm okay with that.
    Bring on Victoria 9, I say.

    By

    The Blurst of Times The Blurst of Times June 2020 in The Commons
  • Genesis 9 delayed until at least 2020. Will you be buying it?

    Fast grab today is mostly G8 Pro bundles. We've had a ton of sales where G8 pro bundles have been dirt cheap the last few weeks. This new character today has an Ophelia 7 feel to her. Genesis/Victoria 8 came out around June 15, 2017. 

    Just saying...

    You're saying what I was thinking when I saw those bundles in Fast Grab.

    By

    marble marble June 2020 in The Commons
  • Genesis 9 delayed until at least 2020. Will you be buying it?

    Fast grab today is mostly G8 Pro bundles. We've had a ton of sales where G8 pro bundles have been dirt cheap the last few weeks. This new character today has an Ophelia 7 feel to her. Genesis/Victoria 8 came out around June 15, 2017. 

    Just saying...

    By

    Gr00vus Gr00vus June 2020 in The Commons
  • Sakura 8

    Yes, I could not have done it without using:  https://www.daz3d.com/legacy-uvs-for-genesis-8-victoria-4

    Clarification, but with that, it was pretty easy!  (load v4, load texture, save as DUF material preset...load G8F, load saved texture, apply tool above)

    By

    3dOutlaw 3dOutlaw June 2020 in The Commons
  • Poser 11 pro - Victoria 6 render problem

    What am I doing wrong? I can't get Victoria 6 rendered without suntanned face and white lips. I tried it with every Belle skin. All of them show the dark face. And with SSS skins I get the white lips. It appears to be a material problem, because rendering settings have no different result.

     

    By

    dkwast dkwast June 2020 in New Users
  • Do any characters come with hair?

    Just downloaded a bunch of characters. I saw some were notated with what they came with and other stuff in the preview photos that were not included. But none of them come with the hair they have on? So, Victoria 8, just shape and skin is what you are buying?

    By

    eande eande June 2020 in New Users
  • Novica & Forum Members Tips & Product Reviews Pt 13

     

    Maisie for Victoria 8 and the Orangery with the interior. Just to be aware when the Interior is added the lights are all on by default.

    2020-06-06 14:26:08.016 Total Rendering Time: 7 hours 2 minutes 44.75 seconds

     

    Click on image for full size.

     

     

    @Fishtales  beautiful render !  I am wondering about the long render time .. 7 hours? I have the same video card RTX 2060 Super and 32 Gigs Ram so just curious what products you used for such a long render .. the hair? lights?  size of render?

    I think it is the hair that did it and the fact I left it running as I was doing other things at the time so it kept going until it thought the image had been converged smiley

    This one only went 

    2020-06-05 21:38:29.357 Total Rendering Time: 1 hours 27 minutes 21.1 seconds

    and no, I have no idea why other than I messed with shaders and lighting.

    Click on image for full size.

     

    By

    Fishtales Fishtales June 2020 in Art Studio
Previous Next
Adding to Cart…

Daz 3D is part of Tafi

Connect

DAZ Productions, Inc.
7533 S Center View Ct #4664
West Jordan, UT 84084

HELP

Contact Us

Tutorials

Help Center

Sell Your 3D Content

Affiliate Program

Documentation Center

Open Source

Consent Preferences

JOIN DAZ

Memberships

Blog

About Us

Press

Careers

Bridges

Community

In the Studio

Gallery

Forum

DAZ STORE

Shop

Freebies

Published Artists

Licensing Agreement | Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | EULA

© 2026 Daz Productions Inc. All Rights Reserved.