-
Female anatomy for gen 8 default figure ?
I have an existing gen 8 figure, custom modelled (even the skin customized).
Is there any way to add anatomy to the existing female gen 8 figure? Maybe via third party products?
Or is the only way via Victoria?
If so, can I transfer the complete custom gen 8 model (morph, skin etc.) to Vic8?
DS 4.12 Loading a new character does not reset all morphs. Why?That may not be the issue. This problem most often occurs when a user has inadvertantly saved some morphs over the base figure. The easy way to tell is if the base Genesis 8 or Victoria 8 or whatever has the same issue.
One can also select the "guant" SC character, go to the parameters tab ans view the "used" morphs to see what is causing the issue.
Samesex couple poses4 years later and they still don't seem to have any. Is this a Daz choice do you think? I mean, it's 2020 so you'd hope not, but I also can't imagine no one has ever considered this and submitted it to them before. I'd like to know, because I'm considering trying to make a couple of same-sex couple pose sets and submit it to them, but it seems pointless if they have some antiquated policy against it.
The only ones I know of are: https://www.daz3d.com/he-loves-him-poses-for-genesis-8-male and https://www.daz3d.com/love-is-love-couple-poses-for-genesis-8. And of course many of the "best friend/sisters" type poses that are made for females could easily be repurposed for lesbians, like: https://www.daz3d.com/best-friends--poses-for-genesis-8-female or https://www.daz3d.com/z-beautiful-romance-couple-poses-for-genesis-3-and-8 or https://www.daz3d.com/z-friendship-poses-for-genesis-8-female-and-victoria-8 or https://www.daz3d.com/z-sisters-poses-for-genesis-3-female-and-victoria-7.
DELETEThe best way with the best result is FREE
Autofit M4/V4 to Genesis AND Autofit Genesis to Genesis 8
Sorry - I'm sure this is a really basic question but could someone spell this out a little more please? Should I first load a Genesis figure into the scene instead of my Gen 8 figure, and then...?
Thanks.
Load both Genesis 1 and Genesis 8. Select Genesis 1 and then load the Victoria 4 clothing item - a dialogue box should open. In the dialogue box it says "What Figure was the Item Originally Designed For" and a drop-down menu - select "Victoria 4" from the menu. Once the clothing item is loaded onto Genesis, right click on the clothing item and select: "Fit "Clothing Name Here" To..." Then Select "Genesis 8" (make sure "Parent to Target" is checked), when the dialogue box opens again and says "What Figure was the Item Originally Designed For", this time select "Genesis".
The clothing item should then be on Genesis 8. Once it's on you can select Genesis 8 and save it as a "Wearable Preset" if you want (that way you can load it again onto Genesis 8 without having to first load it onto Genesis).
Be warned though, this is not a "perfect" method for transferring V4 clothing to G8 and sometimes the results can be a little "off". Though adding a smoothing modifier can sometimes help with that.
DELETEWith Genesis selected load the Victoria 4 clothing - a dilaogue box should open, if not make sure the clothing is fitted to Genesis. In the dialogue set the original figure to be Genesis. Now take that item and change its Fit to parameter to Genesis 8, when the dialogue opens select Genesis as the original figure and optionally set a clothing type.
How do I get Victoria 4?OKAY!
Those are not for V4. Those are for Genesis 2 Female. (I searched for all four names together, since the icons indicated that they were likely all by the same vendor.)
The product is Cute Ladies for Genesis 2 Female: https://www.daz3d.com/cute-ladies
The product does indeed need Victoria 4 for Genesis 2 Female, which you'll need to buy to use them. It doesn't require Victoria 4 herself (any version) at all.
snap. I just did a hunt on my HD and found them in a folder called Real Ladies, which google then led me onto Cute Ladies.
mystery solved, well done. thanks everybody.
How do I get Victoria 4?I am trying to find this Jai too
maybe provide a link for us
I don't know where they came from - I thought they were part of the base DS 4.12 install, or maybe actors supplied with some of the free scenes I got from the store?
There's 4 of these V4-dependent figures in my library, plus a couple of later-gen G3 or G8 ones that also appeared without me knowing. (Vianne? I think is another one)
OKAY!
Those are not for V4. Those are for Genesis 2 Female. (I searched for all four names together, since the icons indicated that they were likely all by the same vendor.)
The product is Cute Ladies for Genesis 2 Female: https://www.daz3d.com/cute-ladies
The product does indeed need Victoria 4 for Genesis 2 Female, which you'll need to buy to use the textures. It doesn't require Victoria 4 herself (any version) at all.
Vianne (https://www.daz3d.com/vianne-for-victoria-6) is another Genesis 2 Female. However, to use her, you will need Victoria 6 (https://www.daz3d.com/victoria-6) -- NOT Victoria 4. You need Victoria 6 for Vianne because otherwise her textures will not apply correctly, and you'll see gaps and misaligned textures. She needs Victoria 6 UV for proper alignment.
How do I get Victoria 4?Something is very strange here.
What figure are you actually using? Are you using Genesis 2 Female, and you're trying to use Victoria 4 items with her?
Are you trying to use Jai Hair? (Because I honestly can't think of any circumstance in which Jai hair should throw that error message, and I can't find any other "Jai" in this store or at Renderosity. For that matter, I can't figure out how trying to use a V4 asset on V4.2 would throw that error message, either.) And what specific "May" product are you trying to use? There's a raft of them in the store, so figuring out which one you mean is very difficult. Links to the specific Jai and/or May products that you're having issues with will help for troubleshooting.
In any event, you're interpreting the error message and the compatible figures statement too literally. For all practical purposes, for almost anything requiring V4, Victoria 4.2 is what's required. People refer to her as Victoria 4 as a shorthand, because "Victoria 4 point 2" is cumbersome. It's the same for compatible figures and error messages; when they say "Victoria 4" they usually mean Victoria 4.2.
The specific item to which you've linked allows you to use the textures of Victoria 4.2 based characters on Genesis 2 Female. It's not Victoria 4 of any number, and includes no morphs whatsoever. It just remaps the UV so you can use a V4.2 character's textures with G2F.
i didn't know Jai had any hair, I've never seen any other reference to her in my library other than as a figure. I was just trying to load Jai.duf into a blank scene as a bald stand-alone. Same again for May, I just double clicked on May.duf in the Figures section.
Anyway, I'll get V4 and see if it fixes anything, but I'll wait until she is on special - $18 is a little steep for just an extra UV map.
Thanks for clarifying everything!
How do I get Victoria 4?it is looking for a UV set in your data, possibly the file was saved by someone using that UV
if the skin requires it then you need to buy the product by Mallenlane
https://www.daz3d.com/victoria-4-for-genesis-2-female
the hair doesn't need it
How do I get Victoria 4?I have have a few items in my library that require Victoria 4 specifically - NOT Victoria 4.2 (which I already have) even though I realise V4.2 is essentially an upgrade for V4 etc. etc. - I want them to *just work* without any of the 'cannot find nnn texture/mesh/UV/whatever' errors I have been getting.
Example: If I try to load the 'Jai' figure, I get:
'The selected files could not be found: data/daz 3d/genesis 2/female/uv sets/daz 3d/victoria 4/victoria 4.dsf' - 'May' is another figure that won't load due to missing V4 stuff. Obviously if V4.2 was a direct replacement for V4, I would never see messages like this, SO I look in the store, and I'm just about to bite the bullet and buy what appears to be V4, with this link... https://www.daz3d.com/victoria-4-for-genesis-2-female until I notice these 2 little lines...
'Compatible Figures: Genesis 2 Female, Victoria 4'
and... 'This product contains only new shapes for Genesis, there are no user-facing files.'
...so it's it's not V4 but only merely compatible with V4, and does not contain V4? If it doesn't contain any textures or UVs, I'm still going to get the same errors, yes?
How do I get Victoria 4, the actual thing, with any required associated files and stuff? Is that link the real deal V4 or just a couple of morphs?
Something is very strange here.
What figure are you actually using? Are you using Genesis 2 Female, and you're trying to use Victoria 4 items with her?
Are you trying to use Jai Hair? (Because I honestly can't think of any circumstance in which Jai hair should throw that error message, and I can't find any other "Jai" in this store or at Renderosity. For that matter, I can't figure out how trying to use a V4 asset on V4.2 would throw that error message, either.) And what specific "May" product are you trying to use? There's a raft of them in the store, so figuring out which one you mean is very difficult. Links to the specific Jai and/or May products that you're having issues with will help for troubleshooting.
In any event, you're interpreting the error message and the compatible figures statement too literally. For all practical purposes, for almost anything requiring V4, Victoria 4.2 is what's required. People refer to her as Victoria 4 as a shorthand, because "Victoria 4 point 2" is cumbersome. It's the same for compatible figures and error messages; when they say "Victoria 4" they usually mean Victoria 4.2.
The specific item to which you've linked allows you to use the textures of Victoria 4.2 based characters on Genesis 2 Female. It's not Victoria 4 of any number, and includes no morphs whatsoever. It just remaps the UV so you can use a V4.2 character's textures with G2F.
How do I get Victoria 4?I have have a few items in my library that require Victoria 4 specifically - NOT Victoria 4.2 (which I already have) even though I realise V4.2 is essentially an upgrade for V4 etc. etc. - I want them to *just work* without any of the 'cannot find nnn texture/mesh/UV/whatever' errors I have been getting.
Example: If I try to load the 'Jai' figure, I get:
'The selected files could not be found: data/daz 3d/genesis 2/female/uv sets/daz 3d/victoria 4/victoria 4.dsf' - 'May' is another figure that won't load due to missing V4 stuff. Obviously if V4.2 was a direct replacement for V4, I would never see messages like this, SO I look in the store, and I'm just about to bite the bullet and buy what appears to be V4, with this link... https://www.daz3d.com/victoria-4-for-genesis-2-female until I notice these 2 little lines...
'Compatible Figures: Genesis 2 Female, Victoria 4'
and... 'This product contains only new shapes for Genesis, there are no user-facing files.'
...so it's it's not V4 but only merely compatible with V4, and does not contain V4? If it doesn't contain all her files, I'm still going to get the same errors, yes?
How do I get Victoria 4, the actual thing, with any required associated files and stuff? Is that link the real deal V4 or just a couple of morphs?
what the secret to making a best selling?A best seller ? A hot white female.
Nobody cares about the quality, the most of products are already very good compared to the other shops. If the promo images make tthe users dream then it will help the sales.
what the secret to making a best selling?It should also be pointed out that "best selling" status for new releases is different than "Best Selling" for long term. Best selling short term products are flashy and socially relevant for the time (ie: like something out of a popular movie)...but best selling for long term is less flashy and something that is very practical and can be used anytime. Those are sets that require a specific vision and quality to stand the test of time....and ultimatly those are the ones that make the most money.
Well I don't know if it was a best seller or not, but the first texture I bought that I actually liked was one for Victoria 4 called Daisy May and Macy Day. Particularly, the Macy Day portion was used to create a character I like so much that to this day I refuse to let Victoria 4 go. If I ever find the person who made it, I'm going to tell them that.
haha...I will let him know...and he will thank you for the compliment ;)
what the secret to making a best selling?It should also be pointed out that "best selling" status for new releases is different than "Best Selling" for long term. Best selling short term products are flashy and socially relevant for the time (ie: like something out of a popular movie)...but best selling for long term is less flashy and something that is very practical and can be used anytime. Those are sets that require a specific vision and quality to stand the test of time....and ultimatly those are the ones that make the most money.
Well I don't know if it was a best seller or not, but the first texture I bought that I actually liked was one for Victoria 4 called Daisy May and Macy Day. Particularly, the Macy Day portion was used to create a character I like so much that to this day I refuse to let Victoria 4 go. If I ever find the person who made it, I'm going to tell them that.
Wanted: Resting animation for speaking charactersPerhaps this isn't exactly what you're looking for, but hopefully it's a decent starting point.
https://www.daz3d.com/genesis-8-alive
Please note that you need the required products previously installed for it to work.
There's also this, though ironically for a set of "idle" aniblocks Victoria moves around way too much LOL.
Does these 2 characters have a name? I really want to knowNo, those names are their names. Not all characters have proper names, like Victoria or Misumi. The Girl and Brute, for example, don't have "real names".UltraScenery [Commercial]Something is happening, for sure: https://www.daz3d.com/michael-and-victoria-daz-orignals#
I have 28 pages on that sale for $1.99 each.
So far has purchased all HD addons for Genesis 8 Males.
Report sales errors here: "There's Always Another Sale™"And it's not all Michael and Victoria 4 either. Lots of older but still good architectural sets there. Even as bundles.
Report sales errors here: "There's Always Another Sale™"I've got a new sales page, but all the products are swirlies and the $1.99 page goes to a Michael and Victoria page. It's an hour past Daz midnight, shouldn't this work by now? I need to go to bed, but I can't until I see new products!
I have a girl in goggles, I think it's the new one. I see the products, no swirlies. You could try another browser.
Report sales errors here: "There's Always Another Sale™"I've got a new sales page, but all the products are swirlies and the $1.99 page goes to a Michael and Victoria page. It's an hour past Daz midnight, shouldn't this work by now? I need to go to bed, but I can't until I see new products!













