-
Skin builder for Genesis 2 Female (Eyebrows)
Something messed it up in the new version of Studio. The entire height range is off. Unfortunately Draagonstorm was the only person who had the source code so there is no way I can update or correct the product:( Only alternative is to manually see where the brows would be central, and apply that height setting to all the maps in an image editor.
Which version does that? I'm running SB3 V1.2 and DS 4.9.3.166 and it still seems to work fine for me.
SkinBuilder 3 is not affected, only SkinBuilder 2.
Skin builder for Genesis 2 Female (Eyebrows)Something messed it up in the new version of Studio. The entire height range is off. Unfortunately Draagonstorm was the only person who had the source code so there is no way I can update or correct the product:( Only alternative is to manually see where the brows would be central, and apply that height setting to all the maps in an image editor.
Which version does that? I'm running SB3 V1.2 and DS 4.9.3.166 and it still seems to work fine for me.
Skin builder for Genesis 2 Female (Eyebrows)Something messed it up in the new version of Studio. The entire height range is off. Unfortunately Draagonstorm was the only person who had the source code so there is no way I can update or correct the product:( Only alternative is to manually see where the brows would be central, and apply that height setting to all the maps in an image editor.
And Genesis 8 is reality today, just the date was wrong :DI forgot i was on twitter and following daz. LOL. Yeah just had a look.
Is the Twitter one still up? The facebook one has gone...this is getting curiouser and curiouser.....
As of 8:38pm Central time (GMT -7 at the moment, I think) the Twitter announcement is still there.
And Genesis 8 is reality today, just the date was wrong :DIs the Twitter one still up? The facebook one has gone...this is getting curiouser and curiouser.....
As of 8:38pm Central time (GMT -7 at the moment, I think) the Twitter announcement is still there.
"Presets"I can't seem to get Sirius Labs or PhilW's Central Business District to land in the Carrara folders. Both items have an "abnormal" assignment in that it's not, say, Geomotries + Textures, etc, it's Presets + Objects. So that's where the DAZ installer stows them (it's also where I'd manually put them), but I can't find them anywhere in any folders inside Carrara. Any ideas?
Single plaited hair tress - K4Does anyone know where there might be a single plaited hair tress - the kind that hangss down the centre of the back - suitable for K4 F?
Something like the FKK Twin Tails hair but, of course, a single central tress?
Many thanks in advanceLlola Lane's Song/Music/Story/Poem Inspired Render Thread... Join me if you wish!!!Great Music Morana, don't know what you may invisioned but I think the render is great, it realy captures the mood.
I was trying to go for something that was more the central figure's struggle with the walls holding him in, but I didn't have a wall figure I liked. And then I decided to use this Stonemason set, and then it kept morphing into what it is. :)
Greybro's Ground - A Render A DaySo...today's going to be a bit of a cluster post. The other day I created AN AWARD WINNING RENDER!!!! To be fair, everyone who entered was declared a winner! Anywho, I made this one.
Remaking Mutantville Central sounds like a fun challenge.

I really like this one, water looks great!
Thanks. The floor does look like water but it's supposed to be a floor.
Greybro's Ground - A Render A DaySo...today's going to be a bit of a cluster post. The other day I created AN AWARD WINNING RENDER!!!! To be fair, everyone who entered was declared a winner! Anywho, I made this one.
Remaking Mutantville Central sounds like a fun challenge.

I really like this one, water looks great!
Daz Imposibly slow/laggy in viewport even in blank scene.HI, Jim! Thanks for your reply.
Looking at the resource monitor was a great idea. I had never known about it before. With Daz open and nothing else, the CPU is at 3-7% usage at 109% Maximum frequency, and used physical memory is at 58%. Not sure if that is good or bad. But I will definitely learn more about what the readouts mean.
As for the lag issue, it happens from the very start of the program. It doesn't seem to matter if it is a completely empty scene or if there is one prop or many loaded, I paid close attention, and realized that if the cursor moves into any part of the central viewport, it takes exactly 5 seconds each time before a new command will be accepted. Strangely enough, this means hovering the mouse over something and waiting for the icon or highlighted area to change to indicate something is happening . So I can click the perspective cube, or click (with the intention to drag) on a body part of a figure, and and as long as I wait the 5 seconds for it to recognize the cursor, hold down the mouse button for 5 seconds and don't release it,then perform the action, it actually rotates or moves smoothly.. So now it's pretty much the exasperation of having to do this Every Time I want to do anything in the viewport when it would normally just take a split second.
And as I was typing this, yes, I considered that it may be a mouse hardware issue, hahaha. I wish it was that easy, but it wasn't that.
Thanks again,
Daz Imposibly slow/laggy in viewport even in blank scene.Hello, I have seen versions of this problem in the formus here, but this one seems simple and I might be missing something...
My Daz rght for the past numer of days lags whenever I try to do any activity in the main central viewport. It takes about 5-10 secs for any perspective change, camera rotation, object selection, or any other command, which pretty much makes getting anything done impossible. The lag doesn't happen in the side menus, as long as don't let the cursor touch the center vieport in any way, otherwise the lag begins and I have to wait no matter where I am trying to click.
Things I have tried so far and am still having the problem:
-Working in a completely empty scene, and working with a simple untextured primitive
-updating/ renistalling video driver
-updating/ reinstalling Daz
-changing view to wireframe, smooth shader, etc. It is not in iRay preview.
-turning off anti-aliasing
-confrming that there is no "mesh smoothing" occurring with any object in the scene.
-changing mode to "performance"
-restoring default settings
-restarting computer (yeah, I know sometimes that all you need to do...)
-letting the program sit open and idle in case it's trying to catch up or something. The hard drive DOES seem to be having activity, so maybe there's something it seems to be working on.
I haven't had this much of a lag with Daz before and as far as I know, no settings or updates have occurred on my computer,
SO, anyone else here experienced or solved this problem? I'd apprecate the help! Thank you so much!
Josh Crockett Suggestion Page for Monster Characters!Hey Josh, did you hear of the russian book? https://exopolitics.blogs.com/files/russian.secret.alien.races.book.pdf
Just make them happen to exist in 3d
List of species from the book:
ALLGRUUK (aka THE BUILDERS) the movie Prometheus was inspired on its surname
KIILY-TOKURT
PLEYADIYANS
KYLLIMIR-AUK
KURS (aka God of the Lands) the movie and series Stargate were inspired on this documented by russian alien race
HAV-ANNUAE-KONDRAS (responsible for the myth of vampires)
MAZAREK
AL-GRUUALIX
MOOVIANTHAN-KAYPhIK (aka SHINNING ONES)
RAK
THE INVISIBLES
ALLMAHULLUK-STRAT-163 (liked India and battled reptoids, use a lot of invisible camuflation, make me think of movie Predator)
AINANA (their looks suit the name of the typical martian)
INDUGUTK (aka TALL WHITE) they handle everything with slaves, who are well cared, also are known as the black men for their black spatial suits
KILLIMAT-ARR (aka K-ARR) Bermuda Triangle aliens
2017 (seems to be the typical nordic humanlike aliens)
EL-MANOUK (cocreated but is not part of the Council of the Five, five other alien races that protect humans from less peaceful alien races. El-Manouk also coined this phrase: "5 Universes, 2500 species, 1 race".)
JIGHANTIC (violent alien race allied to the Maitre aliens, those Maitre aliens are mentioned a lot by evil or conflictive alien races)
JEFOK (known as "peacemakers")
DORSAY (eat other alien races as well as humans)
MAGELL (peaceful, harvest insects and rodents and have two permanents bases on south america)
AKART (the fastest ships, always around Brazil)
MAITRE (same average height as humans, hermafrodites, considered by other races as "parasites", want colonize Earth, the council of five stop them. Maitre colonized at least 25 planets)
DRIES (2.5 meters, and a very complex skull structure, they reproduct humans and hold other slaves, they work togheter with at least other 3 races, colonized 40 planets, at least 10 planets taken by force with the help of slaves, they mostly eat animal protein derived products. According to alien reports Dries are not enough spiritual/intelligence developed to interact with most of other races. They are supposed to reveal themselves to humans by 2022.)
LANG (small, growing only to 70 cm, they inspired myths about fairies,)
SMAD (resemble humans in appareance, like human religions, this race is on declining towards extinction and only has 6 ships)
TENGRI-TENGRI (they do not need an atmosphere or water to survive)
GRAYSLI (average as humans and covered by a soft silky hair, liked ancient egypt and lived there)
ANUNAKENE (aka ANUNNAKI, they gave birth to the myth of giants, they created humankind as slaves, they collaborate with Zeta Reticulai not to be confused with Solipsi Rays (aka Grays), reptilian infiltrated as "Temple priiest" and collapsed their anunakene kingdom in Egypt, They will return one day as promised, they do know all what is happening as well as other planets were they had influence. They created a subrace of the Zeta Reticulai too. )
AFIM (smaller than humans, skin with blue spots, darker for males and lighter for females, they call themselves Afim Spiantsy, because of a war they fought against a race called "Spiantsy".. the Spiantsy race had 12 times more members, and 35 times more ships and resources than the Afim.. but the Afim won in the end, so they added Spiantsy name to their own race name as warning to other species. They visit earth to study what they call "Human Deviation)
SOLIPSI RAI (aka THE GRAYS) peaceful race.They do have one powerfull weapon that keeps some neighbouring violent races away.. Maitre lost 5 ships to them.)
PUXHITY (influential to south and central american human cultures, 2000 lived there, until one day when most of them left, leaving 25 behind, humans killed them. They did not return since this 'incident')
X5-TYKHUT (created by Maitre as slaves, they are not organic)
ViNNYTVARI (live to 2000 years, respected and neutral with mystical powers)
STROM (Invertebrates and coelenterates, they give importance to vegetation, their motive to visit earth)
KALENIA
MYTHILAE (once related to reptoids, sometimes confused with reptilians, they do not represent any threat to humans)
REPTILIANS (the most feared reptoid species, there are at least 3.(
ALCOHBATA (considered parasites, they do not like to interact with other alien races)
NEGUMAK (they abduct and exercises control over the mind of captives after releasing them, this race was the inspiration for the movie Indpendence Day)
ZETA RETICULAI (often confused by appareance with Maitre and Solipsi Rays (grays) they are allies of the Annunaki. They became some of Phraohs of Egypt, Annunaki made subspecies hybrid wof Zeta with humans to represent themn earth, those hybrids still a bit alien looking. The Zeta still exist in earth in both forms, original and hybrid).
TARICE (unknown origin, discused and unclear appareance, seen flying near and over volcanoes,)
PURITAV ILLUMU (nocturnal and with interest by earth oceans, peaceful)
X-1Z (other aliens say they are able to shapeshift 4 times in 10 seconds, oriign unknown, they abduct to do medical experiments)
CARAVELDI (3 meters tall and 4 arms, extremely dangerous, permanently involved in conflicts, rarely seen on earth, live up to 150 years)
ELFAFF (resemble greys but not related, they have 4 genders and are peaceful, interested in minerals, spotted around old mines)
MATRAX ...
the list goes on...
Interesting. Thanks!
Josh Crockett Suggestion Page for Monster Characters!Hey Josh, did you hear of the russian book? https://exopolitics.blogs.com/files/russian.secret.alien.races.book.pdf
Just make them happen to exist in 3d
List of species from the book:
ALLGRUUK (aka THE BUILDERS) the movie Prometheus was inspired on its surname
KIILY-TOKURT
PLEYADIYANS
KYLLIMIR-AUK
KURS (aka God of the Lands) the movie and series Stargate were inspired on this documented by russian alien race
HAV-ANNUAE-KONDRAS (responsible for the myth of vampires)
MAZAREK
AL-GRUUALIX
MOOVIANTHAN-KAYPhIK (aka SHINNING ONES)
RAK
THE INVISIBLES
ALLMAHULLUK-STRAT-163 (liked India and battled reptoids, use a lot of invisible camuflation, make me think of movie Predator)
AINANA (their looks suit the name of the typical martian)
INDUGUTK (aka TALL WHITE) they handle everything with slaves, who are well cared, also are known as the black men for their black spatial suits
KILLIMAT-ARR (aka K-ARR) Bermuda Triangle aliens
2017 (seems to be the typical nordic humanlike aliens)
EL-MANOUK (cocreated but is not part of the Council of the Five, five other alien races that protect humans from less peaceful alien races. El-Manouk also coined this phrase: "5 Universes, 2500 species, 1 race".)
JIGHANTIC (violent alien race allied to the Maitre aliens, those Maitre aliens are mentioned a lot by evil or conflictive alien races)
JEFOK (known as "peacemakers")
DORSAY (eat other alien races as well as humans)
MAGELL (peaceful, harvest insects and rodents and have two permanents bases on south america)
AKART (the fastest ships, always around Brazil)
MAITRE (same average height as humans, hermafrodites, considered by other races as "parasites", want colonize Earth, the council of five stop them. Maitre colonized at least 25 planets)
DRIES (2.5 meters, and a very complex skull structure, they reproduct humans and hold other slaves, they work togheter with at least other 3 races, colonized 40 planets, at least 10 planets taken by force with the help of slaves, they mostly eat animal protein derived products. According to alien reports Dries are not enough spiritual/intelligence developed to interact with most of other races. They are supposed to reveal themselves to humans by 2022.)
LANG (small, growing only to 70 cm, they inspired myths about fairies,)
SMAD (resemble humans in appareance, like human religions, this race is on declining towards extinction and only has 6 ships)
TENGRI-TENGRI (they do not need an atmosphere or water to survive)
GRAYSLI (average as humans and covered by a soft silky hair, liked ancient egypt and lived there)
ANUNAKENE (aka ANUNNAKI, they gave birth to the myth of giants, they created humankind as slaves, they collaborate with Zeta Reticulai not to be confused with Solipsi Rays (aka Grays), reptilian infiltrated as "Temple priiest" and collapsed their anunakene kingdom in Egypt, They will return one day as promised, they do know all what is happening as well as other planets were they had influence. They created a subrace of the Zeta Reticulai too. )
AFIM (smaller than humans, skin with blue spots, darker for males and lighter for females, they call themselves Afim Spiantsy, because of a war they fought against a race called "Spiantsy".. the Spiantsy race had 12 times more members, and 35 times more ships and resources than the Afim.. but the Afim won in the end, so they added Spiantsy name to their own race name as warning to other species. They visit earth to study what they call "Human Deviation)
SOLIPSI RAI (aka THE GRAYS) peaceful race.They do have one powerfull weapon that keeps some neighbouring violent races away.. Maitre lost 5 ships to them.)
PUXHITY (influential to south and central american human cultures, 2000 lived there, until one day when most of them left, leaving 25 behind, humans killed them. They did not return since this 'incident')
X5-TYKHUT (created by Maitre as slaves, they are not organic)
ViNNYTVARI (live to 2000 years, respected and neutral with mystical powers)
STROM (Invertebrates and coelenterates, they give importance to vegetation, their motive to visit earth)
KALENIA
MYTHILAE (once related to reptoids, sometimes confused with reptilians, they do not represent any threat to humans)
REPTILIANS (the most feared reptoid species, there are at least 3.(
ALCOHBATA (considered parasites, they do not like to interact with other alien races)
NEGUMAK (they abduct and exercises control over the mind of captives after releasing them, this race was the inspiration for the movie Indpendence Day)
ZETA RETICULAI (often confused by appareance with Maitre and Solipsi Rays (grays) they are allies of the Annunaki. They became some of Phraohs of Egypt, Annunaki made subspecies hybrid wof Zeta with humans to represent themn earth, those hybrids still a bit alien looking. The Zeta still exist in earth in both forms, original and hybrid).
TARICE (unknown origin, discused and unclear appareance, seen flying near and over volcanoes,)
PURITAV ILLUMU (nocturnal and with interest by earth oceans, peaceful)
X-1Z (other aliens say they are able to shapeshift 4 times in 10 seconds, oriign unknown, they abduct to do medical experiments)
CARAVELDI (3 meters tall and 4 arms, extremely dangerous, permanently involved in conflicts, rarely seen on earth, live up to 150 years)
ELFAFF (resemble greys but not related, they have 4 genders and are peaceful, interested in minerals, spotted around old mines)
MATRAX ...
the list goes on...
Crashing on render. nvoglv64.DLL NvidiaOther than the actual hardware yes, both are same.
- Same version DAZ installed and later updated on same date.
- Same nvidia drivers. ( obviously system drivers will be different between the AMD / i7 / Xeon machines. )
- Same version of Win 7/64 installed from the same disk.
All three use the exact same content directory via 1Gig network so there is never a "missing files" issue with assets as I add new content.
Database is active on ONLY the machine I use to create scenes because using a single central assets location, having three databases means they are not in synch. I have tried with and without DB and that has no effect so I go without.
The problamatic machine was peviously the prefered render machine as it is the fastest but for the past month I have been plagued with these random crashes, often well into a long render. The Xeon is a little slower but dead reliable.
NOTES: I have tried with and without malware / anti virus on and off. Both machines receive same windows updates about the same time etc.
Also want to add the additional report from last night with a different nvidia dll.
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: DAZStudio.exe
Application Version: 4.9.3.166
Application Timestamp: 585a34ce
Fault Module Name: libneuray.dll
Fault Module Version: 27.8300.4305.0
Fault Module Timestamp: 583e2a53IRay 1.3.0 vMaterial Library for D|Sbasically you need Daz to know where the MDLs are located. and the MDL Exchange is supposedly required for the vMaterial Library to work.
One thing you will notice compared to the Ubershader is these are more streamlined. The Uber shader pretty much is one BIG shader that performs everything, where the vMaterials are do not include all the Ubershader additional stuff ( why to you need light emission if your making water example) Also some of the MDLs call for the textures and bumps in the actual file so you do not and cannot adjust those.
As for why is it interfering with DA's Iray Fabric shaders I have no Idea.The way I have mine set up is Daz Studio is installed to its default location C:\Program Files\DAZ 3D\DAZStudio4\.... I moved the vMaterials folder from its original location in C:\Users\(user)\Documents\mdl..
to C:\Program Files\DAZ 3D\DAZStudio4\shaders\iray\nvidia\... You SHOULD see a bunch of other MDL files located here.
THIS is seperate from your DAZ LIBRARY!!!! (for example mines located on the root directory of its own Hard Drive)
I also directed the MDL Directory manager to C:/ProgramData/NVIDIA Corporation.
You can also place them under this as well if you want. I did that at one point. But decided to move the MDLs to one central locaiton leaving the root files where they were.
The They Stuck Gears on my Convoy Whinging Complaint ThreadWell darn... Transport Canada has issued a recall on my AT-AT.
Recall Details On certain All-Terrain Armoured Transport (AT-AT) walkers used by imperial ground forces, the central hydraulic system could fail in extreme cold temperatures, such as on planet Hoth or in Northern Canada. This could impair laser cannon tracking, and affect the walker’s ability to maintain balance and could ultimately result in a crash causing injury to imperial troops. Correction: Under development. #Maythe4th And apparently they're not teddybear proof either.
The They Stuck Gears on my Convoy Whinging Complaint ThreadWell darn... Transport Canada has issued a recall on my AT-AT.
Recall Details On certain All-Terrain Armoured Transport (AT-AT) walkers used by imperial ground forces, the central hydraulic system could fail in extreme cold temperatures, such as on planet Hoth or in Northern Canada. This could impair laser cannon tracking, and affect the walker’s ability to maintain balance and could ultimately result in a crash causing injury to imperial troops. Correction: Under development. #Maythe4th GENERAL FREEBIE REQUESTS Part 2Does anyone know where I can get a free or low cost fang morph for the lateral incisors for DAZ "The Girl"? I can give her fangs for the canine, and Grrl! Plus has fangs for teh central incisors, but I think using the lateral incisors looks better. .
Novica & Forum Members Tips & Product Reviews Pt 8Luxury Yacht (Renderosity)
Hmmm. Well, an 980 x 1100 render with everything loaded- was, wait for it- a MINUTE. Yep, a minute for the fully loaded image of the exterior, and I did check and everything was indeed open in the scene. (All eyes were open, all the way down the submenus. AMAZING)
So leaving everything loaded, I added two distant lights and used the Latitude and Longitude lighting (for Central Mexico) and shot the interior/exterior scene(it's open and I shot inside the boat from the end of the open-air deck) and it was:
44% 3 minutes 813 iterations
75% 10:25 minutes 2568 it
86% 13 minutes 3361 it
93% 15 minutes 3862 it
96% 15:45 4201 it
97% 18:30 4458 itThe interior reminds me a lot of Tesla, with the plain, square furniture and basics. There are a few exceptions. I can say for people with slower computers, don't pass this up because it's huge. Each deck has it's own preload, and this took under 19 minutes for my computer- FULLY LOADED- to do an interior. Hope this glimpse helps, back to what I need to be working on.












