-
Alembic Exporter
OK, it turns out that I was misunderstanding the relationship between material groups and materials. The level of indirection that I though existed, doesn't really, and it is similar to Blender: The material group's name is also the material's name. So all I need to do is find the material of the same name, and name the group after the material's asset id, and we're done, right?
Wrong, of course.
material->getAssetId() returns not the same id from the DSON, but the material's shader. I have no idea why. After a brief period of elation thinking I may not have to parse the DSON after all, I may have to.
But it did later dawn on me that once I have the material's id, and it should now match the Daz Importer, we will have acheived perfect compatibility: If one imports a model with Daz importer first, and then imports with Alembic, the Alembic model will assume all the textures automatically. That's worth the trouble to parse some DSON :) Then I think it may be useful to rename the materials to something more orthogonal, and move them to a material encyclopedia from where they can be linked later.
This is going to take a little longer, but I think I can see the light at the end of the tunnel, and then we can move on to other cool functionality.
First, I would like to understand your planned workflow on how Diffeomorphic's material script is applied to Alembic imported objects.
Are you making changes to Diffeomorphic scripts so that the material creation scripts can be applied?
Or are you importing a .duf file via Diffemorphic and using your own custom script to copy over materials?
Or something else?
I'm having trouble seeing why not simply infer the material id from material script within blender.
The .duf files may look small but they are gzipped. So if you extract it, they can be 10x the size.
i.e. a single Victoria 8 with full Samurai outfit is ~9MB in raw DSON file vs 595KB as gzipped .duf file
And for large scenes, I can only imagine how big the raw DSON file will be. (100MB? possible)
I can see DSON parsing within Alembic exporter definitely slowing down the export speed noticeably
2nd of nine lives Cat Girrrl render thread prrrHoly Moly! How exciting is this! I have Concord Navy. I am so excited. What tail did you use? a free one or paid. I have Cat Character for Victoria 1 I need to see what that looks like. There is a tail and nails in the pack. Oh my, gosh I learned a lot. Her name is Mia and you helped to bring her about. Well that information will diffidently go on to her page on the freebie wiki. Thank you so much. Little Dragon released several cat figures. Did you help with those too? I am not the greatest modeler but I am not afraid to try and see what I can do. You got any more tid bits on the story behind Mia. Were there other things developed for her? Thank you and really love what you did with Mia.
AIUTO...CHI CONOSCE L’ITALIANO? PARTE DODICIPassando a cose "serie", qualcuno ha comprato questo pupazzo qua? https://www.daz3d.com/mervin-the-alien-hd-for-genesis-8-male
Sinceramente, a vedermelo ad ogni avvio di DAZ Studio, mi sono scocciato a vederlo.

Dopo anni passati a vedere Victoria metti un numero a caso all'avvio, vedere sto mamozio mi da l'angoscia.
Mi associo. Uno dei figlioli di Gipsy Angel, o anche quelli nuovi di Mousso, vestito solo di un sogghigno sarebbe decisamente meglio!
2nd of nine lives Cat Girrrl render thread prrrOh, yeah..."Mia"! Little Dragon let MaPPer and me beta test the figure. Her biggest "problem" was that Victoria 3 was right around the cirner, awaiting her debut. So started the cycle that has continued to this day. When the new figures appear, the majority of content creators "drop" the previous mesh in favor of the latest. Suddenly ie was V3 getting all the slick outfits, leaving Vickie 2 in the cold. And as Mia had the body of V2, she got caught by that same undertow.

But, if you know how to tweak the mesh and dress it, Mia is still a viable character model. Here I dressed her in the "Concord Pathfinder" uniform, creating "displacement maps" from the existing textures, giving Mia raised snaps and clasps upon her outfit.
Sincerely,
Bill
The older generation: Victoria 2/3, Michael 2/3 and their children rendersokay here is a blast from the past. This is Little Dragon's Millennium Catwoman for Victoria 1 or 2.
AIUTO...CHI CONOSCE L’ITALIANO? PARTE DODICIPassando a cose "serie", qualcuno ha comprato questo pupazzo qua? https://www.daz3d.com/mervin-the-alien-hd-for-genesis-8-male
Sinceramente, a vedermelo ad ogni avvio di DAZ Studio, mi sono scocciato a vederlo.

Dopo anni passati a vedere Victoria metti un numero a caso all'avvio, vedere sto mamozio mi da l'angoscia.
2nd of nine lives Cat Girrrl render thread prrrAlthough she is not as charming as your girl Redfern. Victoria 1 or 2 can play as well. This is Little Dragon's Millennium Catwoman. She needs some work.
Skin Builder 8 Merchant Resource for Genesis 8 Female (Commercial)Can you send me your log please.
2020-07-19 22:42:02.001 *** Scene Cleared ***
2020-07-19 22:42:06.526 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(5818): Could not find target property for formula: rCollar:/data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%208/Female/Morphs/DAZ%203D/Teen%20Raven%208/rCollar_CTRLMD_N_ZRotate_n55.dsf#CTRLMD_N_ZRotate_n55?value in file : /data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%208/Female/Morphs/Zev0/Skin%20Folds%20HD/Crease/SFHD%20Collar%20Bend%20Up%20Right%20Crease.dsf
2020-07-19 22:42:06.526 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(5818): Could not find target property for formula: lCollar:/data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%208/Female/Morphs/DAZ%203D/Teen%20Raven%208/lCollar_CTRLMD_N_ZRotate_55.dsf#CTRLMD_N_ZRotate_55?value in file : /data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%208/Female/Morphs/Zev0/Skin%20Folds%20HD/Crease/SFHD%20Collar%20Bend%20Up%20Left%20Crease.dsf
2020-07-19 22:42:06.736 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(5818): Could not find target property for formula: Genesis8Female:/data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%208/Female/Morphs/Zev0/Aging%20Morphs%208/Jaw%20Side%20Smoother.dsf#Jaw%20Smoother?value in file : /data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%208/Female/Morphs/Zev0/Aging%20Morphs%208/CTRLMD_N_Value_1_AM_Z.dsf
2020-07-19 22:42:06.841 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(5759): Could not find output property for formula: Genesis8Female:/data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%208/Female/Morphs/DAZ%203D/Mei%20Lin%208/CTRLMeiLin8.dsf#CTRLMeiLin8?value in file : /data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%208/Female/Morphs/SilverRaziel/Hinako/CTRLHinako.dsf
2020-07-19 22:42:07.042 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(5759): Could not find output property for formula: Genesis8Female:/data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%208/Female/Morphs/Raiya/Frida/FHMFrida.dsf#FHMFrida?value in file : /data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%208/Female/Morphs/Raiya/Frida/CTRLFrida.dsf
2020-07-19 22:42:08.032 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(5759): Could not find output property for formula: Genesis8Female:/data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%208/Female/Morphs/DAZ%203D/Mrs%20Chow%208/FHMMrsChow8.dsf#FHMMrsChow8?value in file : /data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%208/Female/Morphs/OziChick/Lihua/Lihua%20Head.dsf
2020-07-19 22:42:08.040 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(5759): Could not find output property for formula: Genesis8Female:/data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%208/Female/Morphs/DAZ%203D/Mrs%20Chow%208/FBMMrsChow8.dsf#FBMMrsChow8?value in file : /data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%208/Female/Morphs/OziChick/Lihua/Lihua%20Body.dsf
2020-07-19 22:42:08.042 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(5759): Could not find output property for formula: Genesis8Female:/data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%208/Female/Morphs/Meipex/Stereo%20Love/SL_Hips%20Bend%20Crease.dsf#SL_Hips%20Bend%20Crease?value in file : /data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%208/Female/Morphs/Meipex/Stereo%20Love/Presets/SL_Muscular%201.dsf
2020-07-19 22:42:08.042 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(5759): Could not find output property for formula: Genesis8Female:/data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%208/Female/Morphs/Meipex/Stereo%20Love/SL_Love%20Handles.dsf#SL_Love%20Handles?value in file : /data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%208/Female/Morphs/Meipex/Stereo%20Love/Presets/SL_Inverted.dsf
2020-07-19 22:42:08.042 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(5759): Could not find output property for formula: Genesis8Female:/data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%208/Female/Morphs/Meipex/Stereo%20Love/SL_Love%20Handles.dsf#SL_Love%20Handles?value in file : /data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%208/Female/Morphs/Meipex/Stereo%20Love/Presets/SL_Hourglass%207.dsf
2020-07-19 22:42:08.043 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(5759): Could not find output property for formula: Genesis8Female:/data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%208/Female/Morphs/Meipex/Stereo%20Love/SL_Hips%20Bend%20Crease.dsf#SL_Hips%20Bend%20Crease?value in file : /data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%208/Female/Morphs/Meipex/Stereo%20Love/Presets/SL_Hourglass%207.dsf
2020-07-19 22:42:08.043 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(5759): Could not find output property for formula: Genesis8Female:/data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%208/Female/Morphs/Meipex/Stereo%20Love/SL_Love%20Handles.dsf#SL_Love%20Handles?value in file : /data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%208/Female/Morphs/Meipex/Stereo%20Love/Presets/SL_Hourglass%206.dsf
2020-07-19 22:42:08.043 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(5759): Could not find output property for formula: Genesis8Female:/data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%208/Female/Morphs/Meipex/Stereo%20Love/SL_Hips%20Bend%20Crease.dsf#SL_Hips%20Bend%20Crease?value in file : /data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%208/Female/Morphs/Meipex/Stereo%20Love/Presets/SL_Hourglass%206.dsf
2020-07-19 22:42:08.043 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(5759): Could not find output property for formula: Genesis8Female:/data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%208/Female/Morphs/Meipex/Stereo%20Love/SL_Hips%20Bend%20Crease.dsf#SL_Hips%20Bend%20Crease?value in file : /data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%208/Female/Morphs/Meipex/Stereo%20Love/Presets/SL_Hourglass%204.dsf
2020-07-19 22:42:08.044 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(5759): Could not find output property for formula: Genesis8Female:/data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%208/Female/Morphs/Meipex/Stereo%20Love/SL_Hips%20Bend%20Crease.dsf#SL_Hips%20Bend%20Crease?value in file : /data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%208/Female/Morphs/Meipex/Stereo%20Love/Presets/SL_Hourglass%203.dsf
2020-07-19 22:42:08.044 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(5759): Could not find output property for formula: Genesis8Female:/data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%208/Female/Morphs/Meipex/Stereo%20Love/SL_Hips%20Bend%20Crease.dsf#SL_Hips%20Bend%20Crease?value in file : /data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%208/Female/Morphs/Meipex/Stereo%20Love/Presets/SL_Hourglass%202.dsf
2020-07-19 22:42:08.044 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(5759): Could not find output property for formula: Genesis8Female:/data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%208/Female/Morphs/Meipex/Stereo%20Love/SL_Hips%20Bend%20Crease.dsf#SL_Hips%20Bend%20Crease?value in file : /data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%208/Female/Morphs/Meipex/Stereo%20Love/Presets/SL_Hourglass%201.dsf
2020-07-19 22:42:08.465 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(5759): Could not find output property for formula: Genesis8Female:/data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%208/Female/Morphs/DAZ%203D/Mabel%208/FHMMabel8.dsf#FHMMabel8?value in file : /data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%208/Female/Morphs/FWSA/Ethel/FHM-FWSAEthel.dsf
2020-07-19 22:42:08.465 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(5759): Could not find output property for formula: Genesis8Female:/data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%208/Female/Morphs/DAZ%203D/Mabel%208/FBMMabel8.dsf#FBMMabel8?value in file : /data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%208/Female/Morphs/FWSA/Ethel/FBM-FWSAEthel.dsf
2020-07-19 22:42:08.481 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(5759): Could not find output property for formula: Genesis8Female:/data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%208/Female/Morphs/DAZ%203D/Mrs%20Chow%208/FHMMrsChow8.dsf#FHMMrsChow8?value in file : /data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%208/Female/Morphs/Emrys/Tao/FHM-E3DTao.dsf
2020-07-19 22:42:08.497 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(5759): Could not find output property for formula: Genesis8Female:/data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%208/Female/Morphs/DAZ%203D/Mrs%20Chow%208/FBMMrsChow8.dsf#FBMMrsChow8?value in file : /data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%208/Female/Morphs/Emrys/Tao/FBM-E3DTao.dsf
2020-07-19 22:42:08.512 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(5759): Could not find output property for formula: Genesis8Female:/data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%208/Female/Morphs/DAZ%203D/Expressions/eCTRLConcentrate_HD.dsf#eCTRLConcentrate?value in file : /data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%208/Female/Morphs/EmmaAndJordi/EJ%20Midori%20Expressions/10%20EJ%20Midori%20Expression.dsf
2020-07-19 22:42:08.512 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(5759): Could not find output property for formula: Genesis8Female:/data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%208/Female/Morphs/DAZ%203D/Expressions/eCTRLConcentrate_HD.dsf#eCTRLConcentrate?value in file : /data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%208/Female/Morphs/EmmaAndJordi/EJ%20Midori%20Expressions/09%20EJ%20Midori%20Expression.dsf
2020-07-19 22:42:08.512 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(5759): Could not find output property for formula: Genesis8Female:/data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%208/Female/Morphs/DAZ%203D/Expressions/eCTRLPleased_HD.dsf#eCTRLPleased?value in file : /data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%208/Female/Morphs/EmmaAndJordi/EJ%20Midori%20Expressions/08%20EJ%20Midori%20Expression.dsf
2020-07-19 22:42:08.512 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(5759): Could not find output property for formula: Genesis8Female:/data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%208/Female/Morphs/DAZ%203D/Expressions/eCTRLConcentrate_HD.dsf#eCTRLConcentrate?value in file : /data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%208/Female/Morphs/EmmaAndJordi/EJ%20Midori%20Expressions/08%20EJ%20Midori%20Expression.dsf
2020-07-19 22:42:08.512 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(5759): Could not find output property for formula: Genesis8Female:/data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%208/Female/Morphs/DAZ%203D/Expressions/eCTRLConcentrate_HD.dsf#eCTRLConcentrate?value in file : /data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%208/Female/Morphs/EmmaAndJordi/EJ%20Midori%20Expressions/07%20EJ%20Midori%20Expression.dsf
2020-07-19 22:42:08.512 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(5759): Could not find output property for formula: Genesis8Female:/data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%208/Female/Morphs/DAZ%203D/Expressions/eCTRLExcitement_HD.dsf#eCTRLExcitement?value in file : /data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%208/Female/Morphs/EmmaAndJordi/EJ%20Midori%20Expressions/06%20EJ%20Midori%20Expression.dsf
2020-07-19 22:42:08.512 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(5759): Could not find output property for formula: Genesis8Female:/data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%208/Female/Morphs/DAZ%203D/Expressions/eCTRLConcentrate_HD.dsf#eCTRLConcentrate?value in file : /data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%208/Female/Morphs/EmmaAndJordi/EJ%20Midori%20Expressions/05%20EJ%20Midori%20Expression.dsf
2020-07-19 22:42:08.512 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(5759): Could not find output property for formula: Genesis8Female:/data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%208/Female/Morphs/DAZ%203D/Expressions/eCTRLExcitement_HD.dsf#eCTRLExcitement?value in file : /data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%208/Female/Morphs/EmmaAndJordi/EJ%20Midori%20Expressions/01%20EJ%20Midori%20Expression.dsf
2020-07-19 22:42:08.512 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(5818): Could not find target property for formula: Genesis8Female:/data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%208/Female/Morphs/DAZ%203D/Expressions/eCTRLWink_HD.dsf#eCTRLWink?value in file : /data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%208/Female/Morphs/EmmaAndJordi/EJ%20Midori/MCMWinkEJMidori.dsf
2020-07-19 22:42:08.512 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(5818): Could not find target property for formula: Genesis8Female:/data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%208/Female/Morphs/DAZ%203D/Expressions/eCTRLSilly_HD.dsf#eCTRLSilly?value in file : /data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%208/Female/Morphs/EmmaAndJordi/EJ%20Midori/MCMSillyEJMidori.dsf
2020-07-19 22:42:08.512 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(5818): Could not find target property for formula: Genesis8Female:/data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%208/Female/Morphs/DAZ%203D/Expressions/eCTRLScream_HD.dsf#eCTRLScream?value in file : /data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%208/Female/Morphs/EmmaAndJordi/EJ%20Midori/MCMScreamEJMidori.dsf
2020-07-19 22:42:08.512 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(5818): Could not find target property for formula: Genesis8Female:/data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%208/Female/Morphs/DAZ%203D/Expressions/eCTRLRage_HD.dsf#eCTRLRage?value in file : /data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%208/Female/Morphs/EmmaAndJordi/EJ%20Midori/MCMRageEJMidori.dsf
2020-07-19 22:42:08.512 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(5818): Could not find target property for formula: Genesis8Female:/data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%208/Female/Morphs/DAZ%203D/Expressions/eCTRLPain_HD.dsf#eCTRLPain?value in file : /data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%208/Female/Morphs/EmmaAndJordi/EJ%20Midori/MCMPainEJMidori.dsf
2020-07-19 22:42:08.512 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(5818): Could not find target property for formula: Genesis8Female:/data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%208/Female/Morphs/DAZ%203D/Expressions/eCTRLFierce_HD.dsf#eCTRLFierce?value in file : /data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%208/Female/Morphs/EmmaAndJordi/EJ%20Midori/MCMFierceEJMidori.dsf
2020-07-19 22:42:08.512 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(5818): Could not find target property for formula: Genesis8Female:/data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%208/Female/Morphs/DAZ%203D/Expressions/eCTRLBereft_HD.dsf#eCTRLBereft?value in file : /data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%208/Female/Morphs/EmmaAndJordi/EJ%20Midori/MCMBereftEJMidori.dsf
2020-07-19 22:42:08.542 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(5818): Could not find target property for formula: Genesis8Female:/data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%208/Female/Morphs/DAZ%203D/Expressions/eCTRLWink_HD.dsf#eCTRLWink?value in file : /data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%208/Female/Morphs/EmmaAndJordi/EJ%20Daisy/MCMEJMalmorda_Wink.dsf
2020-07-19 22:42:08.542 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(5818): Could not find target property for formula: Genesis8Female:/data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%208/Female/Morphs/DAZ%203D/Expressions/eCTRLRage_HD.dsf#eCTRLRage?value in file : /data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%208/Female/Morphs/EmmaAndJordi/EJ%20Daisy/MCMEJMalmorda_Rage.dsf
2020-07-19 22:42:08.542 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(5818): Could not find target property for formula: Genesis8Female:/data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%208/Female/Morphs/DAZ%203D/Expressions/eCTRLPain_HD.dsf#eCTRLPain?value in file : /data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%208/Female/Morphs/EmmaAndJordi/EJ%20Daisy/MCMEJMalmorda_Pain.dsf
2020-07-19 22:42:08.542 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(5818): Could not find target property for formula: Genesis8Female:/data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%208/Female/Morphs/DAZ%203D/Expressions/eCTRLFierce_HD.dsf#eCTRLFierce?value in file : /data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%208/Female/Morphs/EmmaAndJordi/EJ%20Daisy/MCMEJMalmorda_Fierce.dsf
2020-07-19 22:42:08.543 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(5818): Could not find target property for formula: Genesis8Female:/data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%208/Female/Morphs/DAZ%203D/Expressions/eCTRLBereft_HD.dsf#eCTRLBereft?value in file : /data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%208/Female/Morphs/EmmaAndJordi/EJ%20Daisy/MCMEJMalmorda_Bereft.dsf
2020-07-19 22:42:08.543 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(5818): Could not find target property for formula: Genesis8Female:/data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%208/Female/Morphs/DAZ%203D/Expressions/eCTRLWink_HD.dsf#eCTRLWink?value in file : /data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%208/Female/Morphs/EmmaAndJordi/EJ%20Daisy/MCMEJDaisyWink.dsf
2020-07-19 22:42:08.543 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(5818): Could not find target property for formula: Genesis8Female:/data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%208/Female/Morphs/DAZ%203D/Expressions/eCTRLPain_HD.dsf#eCTRLPain?value in file : /data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%208/Female/Morphs/EmmaAndJordi/EJ%20Daisy/MCMEJDaisyPain.dsf
2020-07-19 22:42:08.582 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(5759): Could not find output property for formula: Genesis8Female:/data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%208/Female/Morphs/zoro_d/Kitten/Genitalia/%21Tight%20Vagina.dsf#%21Tight%20Vagina?value in file : /data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%208/Female/Morphs/Elianeck/Francis/FHMFrancis.dsf
2020-07-19 22:42:08.582 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(5759): Could not find output property for formula: Genesis8Female:/data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%208/Female/Morphs/zoro_d/Kitten/Genitalia/%21Tight%20Vagina.dsf#%21Tight%20Vagina?value in file : /data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%208/Female/Morphs/Elianeck/Francis/FBMFrancis.dsf
2020-07-19 22:42:11.341 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(5818): Could not find target property for formula: Genesis8Female:/data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%208/Female/Morphs/DAZ%203D/Victoria%207/FBMVictoria7.dsf#FBMVictoria7_v1?value in file : /data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%208/Female/Morphs/Xameva_and_Meipe/XandM_UltimateBreastMorphs/XandM_Victoria7_Sm7_Cor.dsf
2020-07-19 22:42:11.341 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(5818): Could not find target property for formula: Genesis8Female:/data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%208/Female/Morphs/DAZ%203D/Victoria%207/FBMVictoria7.dsf#FBMVictoria7_v1?value in file : /data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%208/Female/Morphs/Xameva_and_Meipe/XandM_UltimateBreastMorphs/XandM_Victoria7_Corrector.dsf
2020-07-19 22:42:11.341 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(5818): Could not find target property for formula: Genesis8Female:/data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%208/Female/Morphs/DAZ%203D/Victoria%207/FBMVictoria7.dsf#FBMVictoria7_v1?value in file : /data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%208/Female/Morphs/Xameva_and_Meipe/XandM_UltimateBreastMorphs/XandM_Victoria7_Cor9.dsf
2020-07-19 22:42:11.341 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(5818): Could not find target property for formula: Genesis8Female:/data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%208/Female/Morphs/DAZ%203D/Victoria%207/FBMVictoria7.dsf#FBMVictoria7_v1?value in file : /data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%208/Female/Morphs/Xameva_and_Meipe/XandM_UltimateBreastMorphs/XandM_Victoria7_Cor8.dsf
2020-07-19 22:42:11.341 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(5818): Could not find target property for formula: Genesis8Female:/data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%208/Female/Morphs/DAZ%203D/Victoria%207/FBMVictoria7.dsf#FBMVictoria7_v1?value in file : /data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%208/Female/Morphs/Xameva_and_Meipe/XandM_UltimateBreastMorphs/XandM_Victoria7_Cor7.dsf
2020-07-19 22:42:11.341 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(5818): Could not find target property for formula: Genesis8Female:/data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%208/Female/Morphs/DAZ%203D/Victoria%207/FBMVictoria7.dsf#FBMVictoria7_v1?value in file : /data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%208/Female/Morphs/Xameva_and_Meipe/XandM_UltimateBreastMorphs/XandM_Victoria7_Cor6.dsf
2020-07-19 22:42:11.341 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(5818): Could not find target property for formula: Genesis8Female:/data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%208/Female/Morphs/DAZ%203D/Victoria%207/FBMVictoria7.dsf#FBMVictoria7_v1?value in file : /data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%208/Female/Morphs/Xameva_and_Meipe/XandM_UltimateBreastMorphs/XandM_Victoria7_Cor5.dsf
2020-07-19 22:42:11.341 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(5818): Could not find target property for formula: Genesis8Female:/data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%208/Female/Morphs/DAZ%203D/Victoria%207/FBMVictoria7.dsf#FBMVictoria7_v1?value in file : /data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%208/Female/Morphs/Xameva_and_Meipe/XandM_UltimateBreastMorphs/XandM_Victoria7_Cor4.dsf
2020-07-19 22:42:11.341 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(5818): Could not find target property for formula: Genesis8Female:/data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%208/Female/Morphs/DAZ%203D/Victoria%207/FBMVictoria7.dsf#FBMVictoria7_v1?value in file : /data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%208/Female/Morphs/Xameva_and_Meipe/XandM_UltimateBreastMorphs/XandM_Victoria7_Cor3.dsf
2020-07-19 22:42:11.341 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(5818): Could not find target property for formula: Genesis8Female:/data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%208/Female/Morphs/DAZ%203D/Victoria%207/FBMVictoria7.dsf#FBMVictoria7_v1?value in file : /data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%208/Female/Morphs/Xameva_and_Meipe/XandM_UltimateBreastMorphs/XandM_Victoria7_Cor2.dsf
2020-07-19 22:42:11.341 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(5818): Could not find target property for formula: Genesis8Female:/data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%208/Female/Morphs/DAZ%203D/Victoria%207/FBMVictoria7.dsf#FBMVictoria7_v1?value in file : /data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%208/Female/Morphs/Xameva_and_Meipe/XandM_UltimateBreastMorphs/XandM_Victoria7_Cor16.dsf
2020-07-19 22:42:11.341 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(5818): Could not find target property for formula: Genesis8Female:/data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%208/Female/Morphs/DAZ%203D/Victoria%207/FBMVictoria7.dsf#FBMVictoria7_v1?value in file : /data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%208/Female/Morphs/Xameva_and_Meipe/XandM_UltimateBreastMorphs/XandM_Victoria7_Cor15.dsf
2020-07-19 22:42:11.341 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(5818): Could not find target property for formula: Genesis8Female:/data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%208/Female/Morphs/DAZ%203D/Victoria%207/FBMVictoria7.dsf#FBMVictoria7_v1?value in file : /data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%208/Female/Morphs/Xameva_and_Meipe/XandM_UltimateBreastMorphs/XandM_Victoria7_Cor14.dsf
2020-07-19 22:42:11.341 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(5818): Could not find target property for formula: Genesis8Female:/data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%208/Female/Morphs/DAZ%203D/Victoria%207/FBMVictoria7.dsf#FBMVictoria7_v1?value in file : /data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%208/Female/Morphs/Xameva_and_Meipe/XandM_UltimateBreastMorphs/XandM_Victoria7_Cor13.dsf
2020-07-19 22:42:11.341 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(5818): Could not find target property for formula: Genesis8Female:/data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%208/Female/Morphs/DAZ%203D/Victoria%207/FBMVictoria7.dsf#FBMVictoria7_v1?value in file : /data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%208/Female/Morphs/Xameva_and_Meipe/XandM_UltimateBreastMorphs/XandM_Victoria7_Cor12.dsf
2020-07-19 22:42:11.341 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(5818): Could not find target property for formula: Genesis8Female:/data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%208/Female/Morphs/DAZ%203D/Victoria%207/FBMVictoria7.dsf#FBMVictoria7_v1?value in file : /data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%208/Female/Morphs/Xameva_and_Meipe/XandM_UltimateBreastMorphs/XandM_Victoria7_Cor11.dsf
2020-07-19 22:42:11.341 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(5818): Could not find target property for formula: Genesis8Female:/data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%208/Female/Morphs/DAZ%203D/Victoria%207/FBMVictoria7.dsf#FBMVictoria7_v1?value in file : /data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%208/Female/Morphs/Xameva_and_Meipe/XandM_UltimateBreastMorphs/XandM_Victoria7_Cor10.dsf
2020-07-19 22:42:11.341 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(5818): Could not find target property for formula: Genesis8Female:/data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%208/Female/Morphs/DAZ%203D/Victoria%207/FBMVictoria7.dsf#FBMVictoria7_v1?value in file : /data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%208/Female/Morphs/Xameva_and_Meipe/XandM_UltimateBreastMorphs/XandM_V7_ShoulderCor7_R.dsf
2020-07-19 22:42:11.341 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(5818): Could not find target property for formula: Genesis8Female:/data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%208/Female/Morphs/DAZ%203D/Victoria%207/FBMVictoria7.dsf#FBMVictoria7_v1?value in file : /data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%208/Female/Morphs/Xameva_and_Meipe/XandM_UltimateBreastMorphs/XandM_V7_ShoulderCor7_L.dsf
2020-07-19 22:42:11.341 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(5818): Could not find target property for formula: Genesis8Female:/data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%208/Female/Morphs/DAZ%203D/Victoria%207/FBMVictoria7.dsf#FBMVictoria7_v1?value in file : /data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%208/Female/Morphs/Xameva_and_Meipe/XandM_UltimateBreastMorphs/XandM_V7_ShoulderCor6_R.dsf
2020-07-19 22:42:11.341 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(5818): Could not find target property for formula: Genesis8Female:/data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%208/Female/Morphs/DAZ%203D/Victoria%207/FBMVictoria7.dsf#FBMVictoria7_v1?value in file : /data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%208/Female/Morphs/Xameva_and_Meipe/XandM_UltimateBreastMorphs/XandM_V7_ShoulderCor6_L.dsf
2020-07-19 22:42:11.341 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(5818): Could not find target property for formula: Genesis8Female:/data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%208/Female/Morphs/DAZ%203D/Victoria%207/FBMVictoria7.dsf#FBMVictoria7_v1?value in file : /data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%208/Female/Morphs/Xameva_and_Meipe/XandM_UltimateBreastMorphs/XandM_V7_ShoulderCor5_R.dsf
2020-07-19 22:42:11.341 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(5818): Could not find target property for formula: Genesis8Female:/data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%208/Female/Morphs/DAZ%203D/Victoria%207/FBMVictoria7.dsf#FBMVictoria7_v1?value in file : /data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%208/Female/Morphs/Xameva_and_Meipe/XandM_UltimateBreastMorphs/XandM_V7_ShoulderCor5_L.dsf
2020-07-19 22:42:11.341 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(5818): Could not find target property for formula: Genesis8Female:/data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%208/Female/Morphs/DAZ%203D/Victoria%207/FBMVictoria7.dsf#FBMVictoria7_v1?value in file : /data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%208/Female/Morphs/Xameva_and_Meipe/XandM_UltimateBreastMorphs/XandM_V7_ShoulderCor4_R.dsf
2020-07-19 22:42:11.341 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(5818): Could not find target property for formula: Genesis8Female:/data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%208/Female/Morphs/DAZ%203D/Victoria%207/FBMVictoria7.dsf#FBMVictoria7_v1?value in file : /data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%208/Female/Morphs/Xameva_and_Meipe/XandM_UltimateBreastMorphs/XandM_V7_ShoulderCor4_L.dsf
2020-07-19 22:42:11.341 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(5818): Could not find target property for formula: Genesis8Female:/data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%208/Female/Morphs/DAZ%203D/Victoria%207/FBMVictoria7.dsf#FBMVictoria7_v1?value in file : /data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%208/Female/Morphs/Xameva_and_Meipe/XandM_UltimateBreastMorphs/XandM_V7_ShoulderCor3_R.dsf
2020-07-19 22:42:11.341 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(5818): Could not find target property for formula: Genesis8Female:/data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%208/Female/Morphs/DAZ%203D/Victoria%207/FBMVictoria7.dsf#FBMVictoria7_v1?value in file : /data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%208/Female/Morphs/Xameva_and_Meipe/XandM_UltimateBreastMorphs/XandM_V7_ShoulderCor3_L.dsf
2020-07-19 22:42:11.341 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(5818): Could not find target property for formula: Genesis8Female:/data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%208/Female/Morphs/DAZ%203D/Victoria%207/FBMVictoria7.dsf#FBMVictoria7_v1?value in file : /data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%208/Female/Morphs/Xameva_and_Meipe/XandM_UltimateBreastMorphs/XandM_V7_ShoulderCor2_R.dsf
2020-07-19 22:42:11.341 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(5818): Could not find target property for formula: Genesis8Female:/data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%208/Female/Morphs/DAZ%203D/Victoria%207/FBMVictoria7.dsf#FBMVictoria7_v1?value in file : /data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%208/Female/Morphs/Xameva_and_Meipe/XandM_UltimateBreastMorphs/XandM_V7_ShoulderCor2_L.dsf
2020-07-19 22:42:11.341 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(5818): Could not find target property for formula: Genesis8Female:/data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%208/Female/Morphs/DAZ%203D/Victoria%207/FBMVictoria7.dsf#FBMVictoria7_v1?value in file : /data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%208/Female/Morphs/Xameva_and_Meipe/XandM_UltimateBreastMorphs/XandM_V7_ShoulderCor1_R.dsf
2020-07-19 22:42:11.341 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(5818): Could not find target property for formula: Genesis8Female:/data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%208/Female/Morphs/DAZ%203D/Victoria%207/FBMVictoria7.dsf#FBMVictoria7_v1?value in file : /data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%208/Female/Morphs/Xameva_and_Meipe/XandM_UltimateBreastMorphs/XandM_V7_ShoulderCor1_L.dsf
2020-07-19 22:42:11.357 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(5818): Could not find target property for formula: Genesis8Female:/data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%208/Female/Morphs/3D%20Universe/G8FFawne/CTRL3duG8FFawne.dsf#CTRL3duG8FFawne?value in file : /data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%208/Female/Morphs/3D%20Universe/G8FFawne/MCM3duFawneFitSandals.dsf
IBL Master for Daz StudioThe general release thread may help.
(Three years isn't THAT old! It's actually a few months "younger" than Victoria and Michael 8 themselves!)
I can't answer the other questions, I'm afraid. I stopped using it mostly because my workflow changed and I didn't need it as much any more.
Victoria Generations Event : Show me your best Victoria renders!Don't know if this is my best but it is my latest. You can see Victoria 2 renders in my gallery: https://www.daz3d.com/gallery/#galleries/410/ if you are interested.
V3 Goes Bond
PoserDAZ Freebie Wiki - Image Creation Party 2020@glaseye, no she wasn't but even lost souls can have clarity for an instant. But I digress. I have not been around much cause I have been hunting. Hunting freebies that is. Below is Victoria 3, rendered in iRay. I call the piece V3 Gose Bond.
Purchased Stephanie 4 Elite - Not appearing in FiguresThanks, I did manage to finally figure out that deprecated option, and that worked to save the presets, which I then could place in the Figures area using the Categories option. I also rendered out (in preview) higher quality and larger thumbnails for each model, as well as adjusted the skin colors for the 8 other female models and 3 "Beatles" influenced guy morphs. It's really odd to see John, Paul, and George with "manginas". It's also disturbing when you mix the guys with the large saggy boobs that Grace has.
The only limitation is that the presets will not load the base model in, so you have to load Victoria 4 then apply the character preset.
Purchased Stephanie 4 Elite - Not appearing in FiguresAs has been pointed out Steph is old tech, old Poser tech.
Steph doesn't have Metadata which means she wont show up in "Smart Content", neither does Aiko 4, The Girl 4, or She Freak 4, only Victoria 4 does. This inconsistency is why many of us old hands don't waste our time with the system, add in that we have stuff from all over the 3D universe that also doesn't have Metadata and you'll understand why.
Steph comes with a Poser CR2 file that loads V4 then applies the Stephanie 4 morphs to her, those other characters you mention have never had anything to load them with, so you are basically left with dial spinning.
You are also trying to save character presets the wrong way, with Poser content you want to be using the options under "File > Save As > Deprecated", or save it as a scene subset.
Steph also comes with 2 material presets, one uses the default 3DL shader, the other uses the Elite Human Surface Shader.
Now all of these files can only be found with the Content Library pane under Poser Formats.
Purchased Stephanie 4 Elite - Not appearing in FiguresOkay, I've reviewed the Stephanie 4 Elite details (https://www.daz3d.com/downloader/customer/files/prod/9357/) and see there are 9 character morphs (head and body separate) in total:
- Stephanie
- Caitlyn
- Grace
- Isabelle
- Ella
- Lily
- Madeline
- Natalie
- Paige
In trying to add Stephanie 4, I've found that you have to add Victoria 4.2, which then will popup a dialog for selecting Stephanie. This, though, will not load Stephanie, it will load Victoria 4.2. In order to make her Stephanie, you have to then needle down through the Shaping tab morphs looking for Full Body, then slide it to 100%. This only changes her body, so then you have to click her head and then slide to 100%.
Body that is just a body morph, but it also shows different skin textures in the product shots, so I'm not even sure if there is a Stephanie 4 texture that should be applied instead of the base Victoria 4.2 textures.
Ultimately, I want to be able to just have Stephanie 4 appear as a figure in smart content area. Right now, it's a pain in the butt, and worse is that it's easy to overlook all the characters that are available. I want all 9 to appear in my figure area.
I've tried Save As -> Support Asset/Prop, which forced me to first do Edit -> Figure -> Rigging -> Convert Figure to Weight Mapping
I also tried Save As -> Character Preset.
Neither of these did anything that I can tell. I search through the Content Library, but didn't find these presets/assets anywhere.
On top of this, I have a bunch of other morphs for Victoria, Stephanie, and a host of others which do not appear as "Actors".
Help?
Noob Looking for Cheapest Anatomy ExamplesHey there! Welcome to the convoluted world of DAZ figures!
DAZ comes with a variety of base figures, most free (Genesis, Genesis 2, Genesis 3, Genesis 8) and some you have to pay for (Michael 4 and Victoria 4). First you want to decide which base figure you're going to work with. I would suggest working with G8. It's the latest model and poses better than G2, Genesis, or M4. The posing of G3 and G8 is pretty much the same, but I don't really see a reason why you should choose G3 over G8. Either is fine I guess. I'm gonna continue this post assuming you went with G8.
There is shape (aka morph) and there is texture (aka material). Let's deal with shape first.
Load the G8 male figure, it comes for free with the DAZ Studio program. Click on the shaping tab. You'll see that you have some very limited options to change the figure's shape. There are morphs called Bodybuilder, Tone, and Fitness, amongst others. Does this get you the kind of figure you need for your drwaings? If so, congratulations, you don't have to spend any money on morphs!
Do you want more options to further change the figures shape?
Start here: https://www.daz3d.com/genesis-8-male-body-morphsNeed more options still?
https://www.daz3d.com/shape-shift-for-genesis-8-male-s
https://www.daz3d.com/muscularity-morphs-for-genesis-8-males
https://www.daz3d.com/swole-for-genesis-8-maleThere's more products of this kind... they all just give you more options to shape your figure.
Note that you need different products to shape your figure's face, and again different products for your female characters.As for texture, the G8 base comes with a very basic caucasian skin. If you only use DAZ Studio as a drawing aid you probably don't need to invest in different kinds of skins. If I understand you correctly, the only thing you'd additionally want is a version that looks like the skin has been peeled off. So that would indeed be this product:
https://www.daz3d.com/muscle-maps-for-genesis-3-and-8-male
As for skeletons, they are separate figures.
https://www.daz3d.com/midnight-skeleton-for-genesis-8-male - this one matches your G8 and can share poses with it. I don't know how anatomically accurate it is.
https://www.daz3d.com/m4-skeleton - this one appears to be anatomically accurate, but it won't exactly match your G8, it will have a slightly different size and pose differently. I don't know how important that is to you. It's an old product, so it will go on sale on a regular basis.
https://www.daz3d.com/skeleton - and there is this even older thing. I don't know how well it poses.
Hope this helps, good luck!
All textures show black on Genesis character?Just had a look at the product in the store and it makes reference to AoA
- Textures:
- 43 Texture, Bump, Displacement and Specular Maps (4000 x 4000)
- 12 Texture, Bump and Reflection Maps (2048 x 2048)
- 02 Mouth Texture Maps (1500 x 1500)
- 03 Texture and Transparency Maps (1024 x 1024)
- This product uses the Genesis and Genesis 2 Female Victoria 5 UV Maps
- DAZ Studio AoA Sub-Surface Scatter Material Presets (.DUF)
Favorite characters, hair, etc?Welcome TwoCats.
Personally, when I use Daz figures, I tend to use Genesis 2 Female and Genesis 2 Male. In addition to G2's own shapes, I own the legacy character morphs to use the earlier figures' shapes on the G2F and G2M. I find it easy to use Daz Studio's transfer utility to convert and save earlier content for use with Genesis 2. So, for me, it is easy to use my huge collection of Daz store legacy content for Victoria 4, Michael 4, Genesis, and Genesis 2 on a genesis 2 figure. Even if I wanted my final image to look like Victoria 4 in the Victoria 4 Morphing Fantasy Dress, I would probably use the Genesis 2 female with the V4 shape morph and the V4 MFD converted for use with G2F.
Eventually, you may want to customize even more. When and if you do, here is an example of a walk through for creating a custom dynamic hair style on a hair cap. The result can be used on any figure by parenting the cap to the head.
The first post of several for the Walk-through starts here - https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/1732386/#Comment_1732386
The finished hair style looked like
All textures show black on Genesis character?Hello,
What the subject says. I purchased a few characters for Genesis, and every one of them turn black when I apply the materials. They don't render, either.
I've tried googling this, but can't find the reason why. They're definitely for Genesis, and I didn't get them for the wrong generation, etc.
How do I fix this?
ThanksIf at first this process seems like a real pain in the behind, please keep in mind that it becomes completely second-nature very quickly - okay? It truly is worth the know-how and becomes fun and powerful! We'll get the basics down now, but in the near future we'll cover how to use some real magic within the Carrara shader system to get some truly incredible results!
So, this video uses Victoria 4 as an example, but it will at least get you a good idea of how to fix your shaders on a basic level - even your Genesis. The Genesis turning Black is a different issue than V4, but following the same procedures should get you there:
Now please keep in mind that the video was made quite a long time ago. Nowadays I no longer use Black for Highlight except on rare occassions. Instead I add the Specular map (texture_name_S) and then turn the brightness of that map down to make it less glossy. But just making Highlight Black is a quick and simple solution for a good, basic skin.
I'd also like to point out that I am currently making all new videos on all of this stuff, so really soon we'll be getting much better information in much more efficient, easier to follow videos. So stay tuned! ;)
Why do I have stuff in Smart Content > Available?Now you will be overwhelmed by the amount of stuff in Daz Studio. You still won't know what you have or where to find it.

A lot of the complexity is based on history and how things have evolved over the years, from Poser into Daz Studio, and from generation 4 (Victoria 4, Michael 4) to the Genesis line, and from 3Delight to Iray. The current Content Library folders structure with folders like Runtime are a holdover from old Poser days, even though it makes little sense for Daz Studio itself now.
Daz studio can´t find the path to my old files/scenes.The problem is most still have no idea that DS has never been able to use Poser content as is, it all has to be dragged through a plugin that converts it into formats DS can use.
That converted data is then held in RAM, and is only saved out when you save as a scene, with DS1 to DS3 that data was saved out as four file types, daz was the scene file, dso is the mesh, dsd is morphs, dsv is UV coordinates. The daz scene file is saved into the selected content directory, while the dso/dsd/dsv files are saved into that directories data folder.
Without those dso/dsd/dsv files your .daz scene files will never work, so you are going to have to recreate them.
To do that you will need to load all the Poser content you used in those scenes in to DS3, and save it all as scenes, as an example load Vicky 4 in to DS3, inject all of her DAZ morphs so only the legacy channels are empty, then save her as a scene. This will recreate the "data/3_0/blMilWom_v4b_68498" folder and sub-folders as well as all the dso/dsd/dsv files for her.
This can be a lot of work, even more so when you are trying to figure out what products you used fron the info in the log, most wouldn't realise that "blMilWom_v4b_68498" is refering to Victoria 4.2, the blMilWom_v4b is the name of her OBJ file, while the 68498 refers to her vertex count.













