-
X-transfer vs Character Converter
For the more extreme shapes, eg stylized morphs, I found X-Transfer did a better job, but then I did not play with all the settings in Character Converter to see if I could improve the transfer.
For normal shapes both do a good job. I do prefer the way X-Transfer puts an XT prefix at the front of each morph (eg XT Victoria 7), so I can see easily what is transferred and what is not. Character Converter uses the same name as the source figure.
[Released] Character Converter from Genesis 2 Female to Genesis 8 Female [Commercial]Trying out the tool with Paige: https://www.daz3d.com/paige and just can't seem to get the eyes become anything I would consider even close to circular. Tried 2020 several times and got probably the best result, attached, with 2019 and really low tolerance. Ideas? I
've just been removing "sc_paige/RSG2FPaige" from the morphs, am I missing a file and staring at the same conversion with imagined changes? :D
How low was the tolerance? Pushing it down to as low as it can go and not go to zero helps (for the 2019 method). The 2020 method gives the best results usually, but if you have tried it?
You need to be removing the FHM (H is for head) file to see a change (unless overwrite morphs is checked, not that I recommend that as it is so slow).
Well, I tried a bunch of settings down to 0.0005 on 2019, the one that gave the best result (posted above). I did have overwrite on, so it wasn't all in my head :D
I also understand now my confusion re: the FHM. Paige is a victoria 6 based character that has no custom body. It applies 30 % victoria 6 and then adds body morphs from the gen 2 morph pack to it. No FBM being created.
The head, otoh, applies 30 % vicky 6 and the "sc_paige" morph at 100. Sc_paige morph is not being recognized as an FHM.
The character also applies pupil and iris size morphs which are getting ported over (not sure if there are no corresponding ones or if the naming has been changed).
I was ecstatic when I discovered this, since I assumed that the eye morphs would be the culprits. Unfortunately, they weren't, the results were identical from a character preset saved without them.
Now I'm wondering it the issue is the sc_paige headmorph and the fact that it isn't getting recognized as an FHM one? Any further ideas? I did port over vicky 6, which worked just fine.
Late edit: I verified everything else ports over fine and its indeed SC_Paige, the non-FHM head morph, that causes the distortion.
There is a field in the options where you can specify the string to look for (that the morph name starts with). You could try changing that to get the script to recognize it.
Unfortunately, that didn't help, the results were identical (but thanks for pointing out what I had gloriously missed!).
FWIW, I took a stab at taking Paige to genesis 3 with genx2, and that worked fine AFTER I removed the separate eye morphs that didn't seem to have an impact on the g8 conversion (I also use sloshwerks's clone instead of the default one, but that's one of the reason I'm trying to get rid of the damn thing).
[Released] Character Converter from Genesis 2 Female to Genesis 8 Female [Commercial]Trying out the tool with Paige: https://www.daz3d.com/paige and just can't seem to get the eyes become anything I would consider even close to circular. Tried 2020 several times and got probably the best result, attached, with 2019 and really low tolerance. Ideas? I
've just been removing "sc_paige/RSG2FPaige" from the morphs, am I missing a file and staring at the same conversion with imagined changes? :D
How low was the tolerance? Pushing it down to as low as it can go and not go to zero helps (for the 2019 method). The 2020 method gives the best results usually, but if you have tried it?
You need to be removing the FHM (H is for head) file to see a change (unless overwrite morphs is checked, not that I recommend that as it is so slow).
Well, I tried a bunch of settings down to 0.0005 on 2019, the one that gave the best result (posted above). I did have overwrite on, so it wasn't all in my head :D
I also understand now my confusion re: the FHM. Paige is a victoria 6 based character that has no custom body. It applies 30 % victoria 6 and then adds body morphs from the gen 2 morph pack to it. No FBM being created.
The head, otoh, applies 30 % vicky 6 and the "sc_paige" morph at 100. Sc_paige morph is not being recognized as an FHM.
The character also applies pupil and iris size morphs which are getting ported over (not sure if there are no corresponding ones or if the naming has been changed).
I was ecstatic when I discovered this, since I assumed that the eye morphs would be the culprits. Unfortunately, they weren't, the results were identical from a character preset saved without them.
Now I'm wondering it the issue is the sc_paige headmorph and the fact that it isn't getting recognized as an FHM one? Any further ideas? I did port over vicky 6, which worked just fine.
Late edit: I verified everything else ports over fine and its indeed SC_Paige, the non-FHM head morph, that causes the distortion.
There is a field in the options where you can specify the string to look for (that the morph name starts with). You could try changing that to get the script to recognize it.
I'm still doing a Manual InstallI'm so thrilled that I can find things after I've sorted out my content. I solved the problem where the file manager kept crashing. I need to have one window open on one eternal drive, then open another window on another external drive. I can copy between drives.
I placed the original zip files for my content on an external drive that I call "Scratch." I use another external drive for my finished "Runtimes." I drag & drop everything where I want it. I made the process easier by creating folder templates. (Ex: Victoria 4, Characters V4, Clothes V4, etc. The templates make a quick and easy way to sort out all those pesky "Pose files" for the 3rd Generation characters (Victoria 3, Michael 3, etc.)
New store software before the end of the yearIt is 2020 people. Software for migration is on a level that is totally different than it was in the stone age when the last migration took place. I imagine there will be hiccups and bumps in the road, but not a disaster. And the end result SHOULD be a better functioning website, which I think we can all agree this place could use. If the nicest thing somebody can say about the current site is "Well at least it functions", that is really, really sad. It needs to be updated and be brought into the current decade. This site already crashes pretty frequently and coughs up 404 errors, so I don't think dreading short term crashes from the migration is very logical.
Right now, I am looking at the People and Wearables sets that are being offered for free with the new Kwan bundle. I have it set to sort by "New Arrivals". Yikes this is bad. So Victoria 4 Starter Bundle was apparently released before Brute 8? Hmm...didn't know that. There is absolutely no order to this page! Genesis Evolution Shapes, which is Genesis ONE is also on this page, along with various Genesis 2 bundles, with some Genesis 3 and 8 sprinkled in. What is the deal with this? The sorting function doesn't even work at all. Just look at this, is there any form of coherency to this?
And again, as I have said before, how is a new Daz user supposed to understand what they are seeing in front of them? Somebody who would not understand that Victoria 4 is 4 generations old? Maybe they do, but then Genesis Evolution shows up, is that for Genesis 8? If Genesis doesn't list a number, then maybe it works on all Genesis models! You are confusing new people pretty hard if they get sorting like this.

This doesn't end here. There are certainly other instances where this happens, and there are 20+ pages of content. When you have many pages, you kind of want them to be organized. In some way. Any way. Sheesh. If they cannot be bothered to sort properly, then why would I bother to rummage through them all? This place has some 25,000 products.
Somebody wrote about Costco placing roasted chicken in the back of the store so people can walk by other things along the way. There is a small truth to this, but do note the snack bar is still at the front with their also very famous $1.50 hotdog and drink combo. Plus the space needed to cook the chicken would conflict with the front. They use their chicken in other things like salads and soups, and they need a larger space. By having the chicken separate from the front snack bar, it serves to separate raw chicken and other ingredients from the snack bar location from cross contamination. That is actually a bigger factor in this equation. After all, if it is about making customers browse, why not put the snack bar in the back, too? Anyway, if Costco did it like Daz, the roasted chicken would be in a new location every week, and forcing people to search for it. If Costco did that, it would make their shoppers pretty angry. So although the chicken is in the back, it is always in the same predictable location. And I'll also note that Costco doesn't do insane stacking sales, either. If something is on sale, no coupons are needed, they just take a set amount off the item price, period. It's so simple! What a crazy idea that is.
Hair for 3D printingIt depends on the type of printer you use.
I actually had a moderate amount of sucess with an Anycubic Photon LCD DLP/SLA printer and the hair in this product: https://www.daz3d.com/glamorous-vicki-set-for-victoria-3-0. Shame it has been retired now.
I think the reason why it worked was that the hair was modelled as tubes and the slicer solidified the tubes. If that was the case and you can get dForce hair to export as obj files, then I suspect it'll be exported as tubes, which would be perfect for a slicer like the one for the Anycubic - just need an obj to stl convertor (I wrote a windows program to do that for me, and it's available here: http://www.chestnutpens.co.uk/misc/objtostl.html The program does not check that it's a valid complete solid, just simply converting obj facets to stl triangles) . In fact, may even be good for a filament printer. I have tried exporting other hair, but never printed it as I found I was allergic to the solidified resin.
Regards,
Richard
[Released] Character Converter from Genesis 2 Female to Genesis 8 Female [Commercial]Trying out the tool with Paige: https://www.daz3d.com/paige and just can't seem to get the eyes become anything I would consider even close to circular. Tried 2020 several times and got probably the best result, attached, with 2019 and really low tolerance. Ideas? I
've just been removing "sc_paige/RSG2FPaige" from the morphs, am I missing a file and staring at the same conversion with imagined changes? :D
How low was the tolerance? Pushing it down to as low as it can go and not go to zero helps (for the 2019 method). The 2020 method gives the best results usually, but if you have tried it?
You need to be removing the FHM (H is for head) file to see a change (unless overwrite morphs is checked, not that I recommend that as it is so slow).
Well, I tried a bunch of settings down to 0.0005 on 2019, the one that gave the best result (posted above). I did have overwrite on, so it wasn't all in my head :D
I also understand now my confusion re: the FHM. Paige is a victoria 6 based character that has no custom body. It applies 30 % victoria 6 and then adds body morphs from the gen 2 morph pack to it. No FBM being created.
The head, otoh, applies 30 % vicky 6 and the "sc_paige" morph at 100. Sc_paige morph is not being recognized as an FHM.
The character also applies pupil and iris size morphs which are getting ported over (not sure if there are no corresponding ones or if the naming has been changed).
I was ecstatic when I discovered this, since I assumed that the eye morphs would be the culprits. Unfortunately, they weren't, the results were identical from a character preset saved without them.
Now I'm wondering it the issue is the sc_paige headmorph and the fact that it isn't getting recognized as an FHM one? Any further ideas? I did port over vicky 6, which worked just fine.
Late edit: I verified everything else ports over fine and its indeed SC_Paige, the non-FHM head morph, that causes the distortion.
RSSY Hair ConvertersHas anybody tried the RSSY hair converters on hair pre-Victoria 4? I have always liked the Petite Fleur Hair, but it was made for a Victoria 3.0 base. I've seen promo renders where PAs have used it on older figures but I've had little success with that, and as the generations got older it's just taking up space on my HD. I saw the RSSY hair converters for different generations, and wondered if the one for Victoria 4 to Genesis 8 might work.
Where is Victoria 4.2??Yes, that's correct. "Victoria 4.2.cr2" should be in C:\Users\Public\Documents\My DAZ 3D Library\Runtime\Libraries\Character\DAZ People (in Windows Explorer); inside DS it should be in:
Content Library pane > Poser formats > My DAZ 3D Library > Figures > DAZ People
Where is Victoria 4.2??In DIM go to settings (the cog in the upper right) > Basic Settings and post a screenshot. "Victoria 4.2.cr2" should be in C:\Users\Public\Documents\My DAZ 3D Library\Runtime\Libraries\Character\DAZ People
Where is Victoria 4.2??Okay, that's a different issue -- DIM says it's installed but DS can't find the file. Can you post a screenshot of the Content Directory Manager in DS with the 4 sections expanded, and the full path to "Victoria 4.2.cr2"?
Is Genesis 8 Going to Stick Around a While?When a new one is released, you'll still be able to use any product you already possess. Genesis N will be provided for free (presuming this continues), and if you're serious about creating art, you'll use the best tool you can for any given project; that may or may not be the "latest and greatest".
Exactly.
Well, yes and no, as there's no guarantee at all that G9 will work with all of the utilities and scripts most of us use as part of our regular process. And, of course, as those of us who went through the transition of DS 3 to DS 4 remember, there were a whole slew of products that stopped working at that time that never were upgraded to 4 or Genesis. I personally think that the main reason G8 caught on so quickly was because it was really only a slight upgrade from G3, and the two systems were extremely cross-compatible without the need for a lot of purchased add-ons. G9, on the other hand, may be a whole new kettle of fish, which might mean that the have a technically superior figure but get kicked back to the basics when it comes to the operatiing tools...
We're not talking about a new version of studio, only a new version of Genesis; pre-existing itterations will still work in Studio.
If there is a new studio version that breaks lots of scripts, well the old one will still work; if a person doesn't back up, well that's their responsibility.
Well, DS is going get majorly updated sooner or later, what with it being based on QT4 which is no longer supported. There will need to be a lengthy transition so that our script jockeys have time to bring their work up-to-date, as well as a period during which users will be able to use two versions independently.
I upgraded to G8 because of the better posing tools; I can actually get the same look on a G3 character that I can on a G8. Now there are other aspects of G8 that make it a little better (and it is worth having), but that isn't down to have the final render will look, but how easy it is to get to that final render.
Whenever Genesis N finally appears, I'll be interested in it and will likely buy the first release (sadly it will be Victoria, but whatever). If I like what it can do versus G8, then I may jump on board.
However...
I do all of my rendering in Blender now; I just prefer all the tools I have access to there. Iray for me, is both a resource and cash hog. So whilst I may jump on board, I also consider it likely I will not - certainly not until Genesis X becomes useful - about a year perhaps. Genesis 8 actually caught up with G3 much quicker that G3 did with G2 because of the similarities between them; the UVs were effectively the same.
Where is Victoria 4.2??Purchased years back......Creature Morths and Add Ons are in Daz......only Victoria 4.2 is missing
We can’t see your product library.
Lol, I know thats why I posted it .....so you folks could see I had purchased......along with 800 other products
Where is Victoria 4.2??Actually, I cannot find Victoria 4.2 Creature Creator Morphs either
Where is Victoria 4.2??Purchased years back......Creature Morths and Add Ons are in Daz......only Victoria 4.2 is missing
We can’t see your product library.
Where is Victoria 4.2??Purchased years back......Creature Morths and Add Ons are in Daz......only Victoria 4.2 is missing
Where is Victoria 4.2??Have you actually purchased Victoria 4?
Where is Victoria 4.2??Victoria 4.2 dosen't show up in DIM
Where is Victoria 4.2??If you filter in DIM for "Victoria 4.2 Base" where does it show up?
Where is Victoria 4.2??Hello guys,
I have recently istalled reinstalled Daz after a 4 years or so, and there has been many changes.

I have a reasonably large collection of shop stuff which I have just started to reload. Then I came up against the MISSING Victoria 4.2. I have no clue where where she's at or why she's not there...lol
Any help would be good, please.....thank you









